Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

Required Reading
links to read before you join

Ic Info
Character information, Applications, and Adoptables

Bestiarum
The notable fauna of SWW

OOC Extras
Fun things around the forum to wittle at time between posts or links to OOC info

A comprehensive list of links to all our info

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
7.2591 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every OOC week. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Whers here, though not for firelizards.  There are Candidate events, Weyrling classes, Holder plots, and Crafthall developments -- a little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!

Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a colored name here.

Remember,
this holds no IC consequence and is only for fun.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Extra Candidate Mentors  (Read 9481 times)

Offline Southern Records

• Admin Account
  • Dispersing Knowledge
    • View Profile
Candidate Mentors
« on: June 29, 2014, 01:12:08 AM »

Overview
Candidates who have been Standing unsuccessfully for more than a turn are eligible to be paired up with a volunteer mentor rider for more advanced instruction and chores. These riders teach such Candidates more in-depth knowledge about caring for dragons, the Impression and weyrlinghood process, the duties of a dragon rider, and the chores that go into the maintenance of a functional dragonpair. Mentors are always volunteered, unless ordered to do so by the weyrleadership, though this is nigh unheard of. Final assignments are at the discretion of the Candidate Master, but preference, personalities, strengths and weaknesses of each, and other factors are taken into consideration. Note: It is acceptable for mentors to sleep with their paired Candidates as well, since part of Candidate training includes becoming comfortable with weyr sexuality. However, this pairing is not an obligation to have sex.

Candidates who O’sir is concerned are not prepared to Stand may also be paired with a rider from this list. They are noted with a * next to their name.

Interested in Volunteering?
O’sir is looking for reliable, experienced riders to volunteer as mentors to Candidates. Riders will need to have graduated from weyrling training a minimum of five years ago to be eligible. If you are interested in having any of your characters volunteer for this, please post with the form at the end of this post. Similarly, if your Candidate should be on this list and is not already, let us know and they will be added.

Eligible Candidates
Assigned -- Kharismene
Assigned -- Oarlen
Assigned -- Oskendar
Assigned -- Saviavi
Assigned -- Sionann
Assigned -- Ysveta

Mentor Volunteers
Z'ryr of Rhymoth
C'ace of Reesskith
K'eeda of Aeleroth
Seng of Forrikenth
Callista of Ariyath
Inanna of Cremath
Niema of Vorloruth

Current Pairs
Rider & Candidate
Z'ryr & Kharismene
C'ace & Ysveta
K'eeda & Saviavi
Seng & Oarlen
Inanna & Sionann
Niema & Oskendar

Volunteer Form
Code: [Select]
[b]Name of Rider:[/b]
[b]Rank of Rider:[/b]
[b]Dragon Color & Name:[/b]
[b]Notes:[/b] This can include why they’re interested in volunteering, or if there’s any preference for the sort of person they would like to/be good at mentoring.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 10:57:19 AM by Southern Records »
This is the admin account for Southern Winds Weyr. All records, notes, and items of import come from here.

If you have questions, shoot us a PM @ Southern Records!

SWW Staff
SanctifiedSavage || SirAlahn || Weyrhandler

Offline Spiffy

Re: Candidate Mentors
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 02:30:11 AM »
Name of Rider: Sh'lon
Rank of Rider: Beach Wingrider
Dragon Color & Name: Green Kitath
Notes: I really don't mind and neither does Shea, Kitath just wants someone to bother to keep her amused while she recovers xD

Added : SirAlahn
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 02:36:46 AM by SirAlahn »

Offline SirAlahn

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 02:37:02 AM »
Awesome! ^__^ Shea has been paired with Cheyloni.
Want me to color something for you? Click here.
I have too many wanted ads to list here. Click through to this link to see them all.

Offline Spiffy

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 03:12:59 AM »
Ahaha awesome, they can be tone-deaf together xD

Offline ChiefWhiz

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 05:59:35 AM »
Name of Rider: Evesa
Rank of Rider: Beach Wingrider
Dragon Color & Name: Seriath
Notes: They don't mind who they get! Seriath wants someone fun. XD

« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 12:38:44 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline SirAlahn

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 06:54:53 AM »
Evesa has been paired with Ancotor. :3
I have too many wanted ads to list here. Click through to this link to see them all.

Offline ChiefWhiz

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 07:13:42 AM »
 :excited: The amount of YES! I feel about this is overwhelming. They're going to have such fun (Seriath cuddling Ator).  :faint:

Offline SanctifiedSavage

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 07:17:08 AM »
Feel free to make your mentor threads. :3 Probably after the most recently posted candidate lesson, 2.9.2589, since that's when they'd have been assigned.

Offline Firelizard

• Enigmatic Personage
  • Just flittered in!
    • View Profile

• Greenrider T'yod, Jr Journeywoman Weaver Arianr, Candidate Impersonator Iseult, Journeyman Farmer Sebek
  • Thread Tracker
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2014, 07:52:53 PM »
I would love to have Iseult added to the eligible candidates list.

---

Name of Rider: T'yod
Rank of Rider: Greenrider/Wingrider of Beach Wing
Dragon Color & Name: Green, Cealith
Notes: T'yod is determined to teach candidates that dragonriders can have fun too.  Let's face it, he is signing up because he thought it sounded fun and wants to be a beloved mentor that is looked up to by someone.  He has plans to do all sorts of crazy things, so it may be that he has not fully understood what a mentor is.  Oh, he'll teach them about the duties of a dragon rider, don't worry.  He just... wants to make sure they understand ALL the things it means about being a good dragon rider.

Plus, all sorts of dragonriders take advantage of their candidates (not that he would be looking at O'sir for this), and he knows he wouldn't be one of those men. 

It should be mentioned T'yod is known to be forgetful and have a short attention span, despite his well meaning.  So he might be bummed if he doesn't get to mentor someone, but I will fully understand. xD

« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 12:38:30 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline SirAlahn

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2014, 10:13:34 PM »
:3 Iseult has most definitely been added. The only reason I hadn't had her on here before was because you were away and we weren't sure if you were coming back.

And T'yod has been paired with Sethunya! 8D I thought it would be fun to see the two of them interact and such, since Sethunya tends to be more responsible and I'd like to see her become friends with someone who's a little more laidback.

Offline Symbolism Slip

• sultan of the semicolon
    • View Profile
  • turns old

• Weyrleader S'bok     Bronze Wingsecond A'sier    Bronze Rider T'nan    Green Rider T'hir
  • Thread Tracker
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2014, 08:25:51 AM »
Name of Rider: T'hir
Rank of Rider: Wingrider
Dragon Color & Name: Korinth - Green
Notes: T'hir's always interested in Candidates and in making sure they're properly trained - despite his playful and mild exterior he's fairly traditional at the core and worries the new Candidates will be the sort to shrug Tradition. He's a fairly emphatic man as well, and as a Hold-born rider he's sympathetic to the shock of the transition.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 12:38:17 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline SirAlahn

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 12:40:25 PM »
T'hir has been paired with Iseult. :3

Offline EchoNymph

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 11:41:50 AM »
Name of Rider: T'rin
Rank of Rider: Wingrider
Dragon Color & Name: Brown Nyradoth
Notes: This is something that would interest T'rin. He enjoys mentoring and teaching people. So he'll probably feel right at home doing some one on one mentoring of Candidates.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 02:43:41 PM by SirAlahn »
"Slowly the days turned sour and the watchful nights closed in."

Offline SirAlahn

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2014, 02:44:05 PM »
@Svet @EchoNymph

T'rin has been paired with Alviena! :3

Offline SirAlahn

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2014, 03:08:24 PM »
@ChiefWhiz @Stranger

Evesa has been paired with Thowra!

Offline Firelizard

• Enigmatic Personage
  • Just flittered in!
    • View Profile

• Greenrider T'yod, Jr Journeywoman Weaver Arianr, Candidate Impersonator Iseult, Journeyman Farmer Sebek
  • Thread Tracker
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 08:14:28 PM »
Name of Rider: T'yod
Rank of Rider: Greenrider/Wingrider
Dragon Color & Name: Cealith
Notes: He thinks he'd be an awesome mentor.  Plus he loves people and thinks this is going to be fun.  ((I don't care what sort of person he gets set up with)

I am putting him back up if that is alright!  :3

« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 11:05:27 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline SirAlahn

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2014, 11:05:05 PM »
@David @Firelizard

T'yod has been paired with Derevaid! :3

If you (or anyone else) needs help in plotting what to do with their mentor/mentee, feel free to PM me and we'll work something out. <3

Offline bluetardis

• Just arrived
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2014, 04:41:06 PM »
S'ren should probably be on this list. He's been standing for well over a year!

« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 05:39:07 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline SirAlahn

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2014, 05:37:32 PM »
Oh, I must have missed him somehow! I'm sorry about that. Thank you for letting me know. <3

Also, would any of the mentors on this list be interested in having multiple mentees? There are a few Candidates left who still have yet to be assigned, and I don't want them to miss out if at all possible.

Offline EchoNymph

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2014, 05:45:06 PM »
T'rin would take a second one.
"Slowly the days turned sour and the watchful nights closed in."

Offline SirAlahn

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2014, 05:55:00 PM »
Thank you, Echo! T'rin has also been paired with Iseult, in that case. ^__^

@EchoNymph @Firelizard

Offline Mera

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2014, 09:43:47 PM »
Would be interesting for Nyseri, she has been standing for a little over a year

« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 08:15:16 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline SirAlahn

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2014, 08:17:08 PM »
In light of those who are currently inactive, some of the mentors have been reassigned. :love:

@Hart @bluetardis  Vestanna will now be mentoring Soren.

@EchoNymph @Wren  T'rin will now be mentoring Sionann.

@SanctifiedSavage @Mera   K'eeda will now be mentoring Nyseri.

Just get in touch with one another for the chances to RP with mentors and mentees! And if you need any ideas about what to play, don't hesitate to ask me, Sanctified, or Hart. We're glad to help. :3

Offline SirAlahn

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2015, 09:29:17 AM »
Ahahahaha life is perfect~

@SanctifiedSavage @Kit  Niema will now be mentoring Colvin. XD

That being said, we have a shortage of mentors! If anyone has a rider they'd be willing to sacrifice volunteer, that'd be quite lovely! Just post here to let me know if you're interested.

Offline Lyndi

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2015, 01:54:52 PM »
Name of Rider: Callista
Rank of Rider: Jungle Wing rider
Dragon Color & Name: Green Ariyath
Notes: Maybe she'll have been forced to do this since she can't participate in as much while preggo.

If K'mar has time he wouldn't mind mentoring.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 04:34:28 PM by SirAlahn »

Tags:

OOC Recent

[Yesterday at 04:15:07 PM]

[Yesterday at 01:34:52 PM]

[December 08, 2018, 09:44:44 PM]

[December 02, 2018, 05:55:35 PM]

[December 02, 2018, 12:45:11 PM]

[December 02, 2018, 12:16:25 PM]

[November 30, 2018, 08:31:06 PM]

[November 25, 2018, 06:52:49 PM]

by Inki
[November 19, 2018, 03:12:43 PM]

[November 18, 2018, 03:42:12 PM]

[November 15, 2018, 11:20:55 PM]

[October 31, 2018, 06:04:31 PM]

[October 29, 2018, 08:01:51 PM]

[October 25, 2018, 03:29:35 PM]

[October 25, 2018, 12:43:27 AM]

IC Recent

Pern RPs | Other RPs
Red River Weyr - 3rd Pass Pern RP Rainbow Mists Weyr Canyon River Weyr | RPG-D
Fortune Favors the Brave | World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP OSH
Under the Wings Pern Unbound | Xenedria: Scifi Master/slave RPG
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | The Gates - Demons vs Hunters Open Affiliate!

Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! |
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Blood Law - Anitaverse RPG Open Affiliate!
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!