Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

Required Reading
links to read before you join

Ic Info
Character information, Applications, and Adoptables

Bestiarum
The notable fauna of SWW

OOC Extras
Fun things around the forum to wittle at time between posts or links to OOC info

A comprehensive list of links to all our info

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
6.2591 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every OOC week. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Whers here, though not for firelizards.  There are Candidate events, Weyrling classes, Holder plots, and Crafthall developments -- a little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!

Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a colored name here.

Remember,
this holds no IC consequence and is only for fun.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Extra Candidate Mentors  (Read 9311 times)

Offline SirAlahn

Re: Candidate Mentors
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2015, 04:35:46 PM »
Lyndi, K'mar would have time if you'd like him to be a mentor as well -- but it'd likely take up a lot of what free time he'd have to be social. If that sounds like something he would be able to handle, then I'll definitely add him to the list. :3 I just wanted to make sure first.

Either way, @Lyndi @lacihparg , Callista has been paired with Thiis as a mentor! :excited:
Want me to color something for you? Click here.
I have too many wanted ads to list here. Click through to this link to see them all.

Offline laceface

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2015, 05:27:40 PM »
Awesome! Sounds good. Although Thiis will have to try and ignore the fact that she's pregnant xD (Thiis doesn't like babies atm >.>)

Offline bluetardis

• Just arrived
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2015, 10:37:52 AM »
*drops Xitomar off for mentoring*
Figured I'd post here to make it official.

Offline SirAlahn

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2015, 10:44:17 AM »
And he's officially been assigned to Seng! :happy:
I have too many wanted ads to list here. Click through to this link to see them all.

Offline SirAlahn

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2016, 05:19:37 PM »
@SanctifiedSavage @Hart

Vestanna will now be mentoring Erieen, and K'eeda will now be mentoring Ghael. 8D

Offline Hart

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2016, 09:36:21 AM »
Oh god.  K'eeda and Ghael could have the Weyr at their feet if they wanted.

I'm sure Vess and Erieen will get along just fine. :D

Offline ChiefWhiz

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2016, 06:19:41 PM »
Name of Rider: A'lem
Rank of Rider: Wingrider
Dragon Color & Name: Bronze Sullyeoth
Notes: A'lem wants to volunteer to ensure the future of the Weyr is well-prepared. He'd be especially good with Holdbred individuals, since he's Holdbred himself and has experienced the adaptation to Weyrlife firsthand.

Added : SirAlahn
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 06:21:51 PM by SirAlahn »

Online Inki

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2016, 07:02:57 PM »
Name of Rider: Inanna
Rank of Rider: Wingrider
Dragon Color & Name: Green Cremath
Notes: Inanna is incredibly social and loves meeting people, so meeting candidates and helping them would be super fun for her.

Added... almost a year later cause I'm trash. <3 SirAlahn

Offline SirAlahn

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2017, 05:09:27 PM »
Posting here for official record stuff that Maugetar has been paired with C'ace! 8D And the Candidate list should be fully updated now.

And a reminder to myself that Drew is interested in K'eeda being assigned to Saviavi after the next hatching.

Editing to add that Inanna and Erieen are paired up too. ^__^
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 07:39:32 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline Red

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2017, 12:20:24 PM »
Name of Rider: Kaladesi
Rank of Rider: Search Rider
Dragon Color & Name: Rodeth
Notes: Like Mother Pern and her children, Kaladesi believes its her duty to teach the young ones the way of life... even if she doesn't want to have any more kids of her own.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 12:32:55 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline CatTiff

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2017, 07:54:15 PM »
Isalia needs to be on the list she stood for the Sr Queens last clutch to this one though I did not join till this year so has been a candidate for a turn.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 08:58:14 PM by SirAlahn »
Family for Isalia, Family for Nalise, Family for Raindon, and Plottage for M'lan, Plottage for Zilanie

Offline SirAlahn

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2017, 08:57:31 PM »
Since we just finished a Hatching, the list has been updated completely, and mentors reassigned. ^_^ We're also a mentor short at the moment, so if anyone wants to volunteer, please do! They'll be assigned to Syrena. And if you have a character who wants to do so, but there aren't any other Candidates left, don't worry. People make them pretty regularly, and we're always looking for more lovely mentors. :3

@Red @CatTiff Kaladesi has been assigned to Isalia.

@SanctifiedSavage @Drewliet K'eeda has been assigned to Saviavi.

@Mareep Seng has been assigned to Rinasera.

@Inki @RavenFlame Inanna has been assigned to Zondesh.

@Inki @Dashin Z'ryr has been assigned to Thealdrae.

So everyone, do your thing. If you need any help/guidance in getting mentor/mentee threads up, just let us know. :love:

Offline Dashin

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2017, 09:00:45 PM »
I can volunteer K'ran or B'ryn as a mentor for Syrena; totally up to @Aster as to who she'd prefer, if she wants a choice, otherwise I don't really have a preference.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 09:02:55 PM by Dashin »

Offline Aster

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2017, 10:08:59 AM »
Thanks, @Dashin, much appreciated! I don't have a preference either, so I'll let Alahn decide via random roll or however he likes. :) *PASSES DECISION BUCK*

Offline SirAlahn

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2017, 11:20:46 AM »
@Dashin @Aster I think maybe... K'ran? I feel like the combination of his personality with Syrena's might make for more cohesive mentoring rather than them just clashing. But if you'd like me to put B'ryn on there for the future, I'd happily do that too. ^_^

Offline Dashin

« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2017, 12:06:59 PM »
Sounds good to me! B'ryn can stay on as an option for future Candidates.  :love:

Offline SirAlahn

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2017, 12:19:05 PM »
With that, all our mentor-able Candidates are now assigned! :3 Unless I've missed someone. Which is possible. So please let me know if I have. T^T

Offline rubi

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2017, 07:07:35 PM »
Name of Rider: B'tun
Rank of Rider: Wingrider (Prairie)
Dragon Color & Name: Brown Beyuth
Notes: B'tun loves being the 'parent', and has infinite patience for teaching more difficult pupils. He's likely had a number of candidates in the past, and has a wealth of information to offer and is able to flex around a candidate's personality.

Name of Rider: S'kelyn
Rank of Rider: Wingrider (Beach)
Dragon Color & Name: Blue Quaith
Notes: S'kelyn loves helping people, especially the younger generation as they're typically less jaded than older riders. Despite this, he's easy-going and would be a good match for a candidate struggling to maintain morale just as much as an outgoing one. Far from a traditionalist as well, he's very open to all possibilities and would suit candidates from all walks of life. 

« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 09:09:47 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline SirAlahn

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2017, 09:13:07 PM »
@rubi Both of them have been added to the list! :3 We don't have any eligible, unassigned Candidates at the moment, but I'll ping you when they get signed up with someone.

Offline laceface

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2017, 02:15:04 AM »
Thiis has impressed so no need for her to have a mentor anymore!  :excited:

Offline SirAlahn

« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2018, 12:54:56 PM »
Since things have shifted around a little, it's time for new Candidate mentor assignments! :shock: And we actually have exactly the right amount of volunteer riders for our active and qualifying Candidates.

Don't hesitate to use either this thread or PMs to reach out to each other, and let me or Sanctified know if you have any questions or concerns. :love:

@Inki @Lyndi Z'ryr has been assigned to Kharismene. Good luck.

@SanctifiedSavage @Inki C'ace has been assigned to Ysveta.

@Red @Aster Kaladesi has been assigned to Syrena.

@SanctifiedSavage @Drewliet K'eeda has remained on assignment with Saviavi.

@Kyya Seng has been assigned to Oarlen.

@Lyndi @Red Callista has been assigned to Calladren.

@Inki @Wren Inanna has been assigned to Sionann.

@SanctifiedSavage @Inki Niema has been assigned to Oskendar.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 06:19:51 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline Nymphali

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2018, 06:13:16 AM »
Not sure if Soliana would be assigned or not yet, but I'm open to it! She could probably use a little one-on-one mentoring to adjust anyway to be honest.

Offline SirAlahn

« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2018, 11:08:35 AM »
@Nymphali Rider mentors are only officially assigned to Candidates that have ICly been Standing for a turn or more, but there's been quite a few instances of more informal mentorships too. :3 For example, some Search Riders may keep tabs on the Candidates they've Searched, and express that they're available for questions/guidance if needed.

If you haven't decided on a PC that might have Searched Soliana, I can offer up either Finnmaghaine or Seng, both of whom would be perfectly willing to informally mentor her. If neither of those strike your fancy, or you want a non-Search Rider, no frets! In that case, you could trawl people's plotters or post in our Looking for Threads? topic with the specifics of what you might be looking for. I hope that helps! ^_^

Offline Nymphali

« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2018, 02:30:55 PM »
@SirAlahn

Thanks for the clarification and the offer! I think that it'd be interesting if Finnmaghaine searched her, especially if she's likely to check up on her because of the way their personalities might interact. I can see Finna being someone that both perplexes and inspires Soliana as a future role model too.

Tags:

OOC Recent

[Today at 02:23:19 PM]

[Today at 01:13:49 PM]

[Today at 05:23:25 AM]

[Yesterday at 03:44:39 PM]

[Yesterday at 02:20:44 PM]

[Yesterday at 03:38:10 AM]

by Kyya
[September 16, 2018, 11:27:49 PM]

[September 16, 2018, 09:56:21 PM]

[September 15, 2018, 09:37:04 PM]

[September 15, 2018, 01:16:13 PM]

[September 15, 2018, 11:35:15 AM]

[September 15, 2018, 10:42:06 AM]

by Wren
[September 15, 2018, 09:30:13 AM]

by Inki
[September 14, 2018, 09:07:19 PM]

[September 14, 2018, 04:09:47 PM]
Pern RPs | Other RPs
Red River Weyr - 3rd Pass Pern RP Rainbow Mists Weyr Canyon River Weyr | RPG-D
Fortune Favors the Brave | World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP OSH
Under the Wings Pern Unbound | Xenedria: Scifi Master/slave RPG
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!

Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! |
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Blood Law - Anitaverse RPG Open Affiliate!
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!