Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
3.2591 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every OOC week. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Flits here, as well as whers.  There are Candidate events and classes and Crafter plots. A little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!

Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a colored name here.

Remember,
this holds no IC consequence and is only for fun.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Whatcha Watching?  (Read 2492 times)

Offline SanctifiedSavage

Whatcha Watching?
« on: August 06, 2014, 07:16:31 AM »
Just an idle question. What movie have you recently seen? What show/series are you watching? Or have recently watched?

I ask this as I'm watching Wreck-It Ralph for the one billionth time since that's what Alahn and Vasonim like to fall asleep watching. @__@ The movie seriously drives me nuts.

Offline bluetardis

• Just arrived
    • View Profile
Re: Whatcha Watching?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 07:44:29 AM »
I'm currently finishing up Orange Is The New Black, which is great, and working my way through The Walking Dead, which is also great.

As a related subject, did anyone see that Warner Bros has the rights to Pern? All. 22. Books.

I don't know if I'm excited or very, very scared.

Offline EchoNymph

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 07:56:09 AM »
Just finished Season 4 of Downton Abbey.

And bluetardis I'm nervous about it. Will they ruin it or will we suddenly have an influx of fandom rps based on the movies and not the books? Really,  I'm just hoping they don't cast Kristen Stewart as Lessa.
"Slowly the days turned sour and the watchful nights closed in."

Offline bluetardis

• Just arrived
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 08:01:03 AM »
I'm pretty nervous, too, Echo. It could be great, I've been wanting a movie since I read Dragonquest when I was seven, but....It could go so badly. And she's not alive to buy back the rights, like she did at other times. Hopefully Todd'll put his foot down if it goes wrong.

On a more positive note, Downton!

Offline SanctifiedSavage

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 09:05:07 AM »
/the moment when I'm glad our RP takes place after everything.

Also. Going to watch Repo! the Genetic Opera. Which is love.

Offline SirAlahn

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 09:17:56 AM »
>_> *mutters* Wreck-It Ralph is one of my favorite movies. But you could have told me to put something else on, dork.

ANYWAY, since I'm sitting about 4 feet away from Sanctified, I too am watching Repo! Which is great. This movie is so weird, but I love it so. Beyond that, we've been going on a movie and TV show kick since we got Netflix again. So we've gone through the latest season of Archer most recently.
Want me to color something for you? Click here.
I have too many wanted ads to list here. Click through to this link to see them all.

Offline Asoliel

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 12:10:40 PM »
Overall, im watching a whole lot of things, but most currently BBC Sherlock on netflix.

At this particular point in time, im trying to keep myself from watching the backs of my eyelids.

Offline Spiffy

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 12:26:27 AM »
Woohoo Downton! My uni is near to where that was set xD not filmed though, sadly.

The BF and I had a movie binge yesterday in our hotel, watched The Tourist and Source Code, both good movies. Not currently watching any series since GoT finished.

Also, I knew someone had the rights for making a movie, but all the books? Wow. It'll be interesting to see which was this will swing, for better or for worse. And whether the existing fandom RPs will suddenly get inundated with new fans, I can totally see all us old bookies being like "... you know nothing" </ygritte voice>

Offline SanctifiedSavage

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 07:47:56 PM »
So, we just finished Hemlock Grove which ended out being super awesome. No spoilers, but it's great. Great take on vampies and werewolves.

Now I'm watching Ultimate Beastmaster on Netflix. Because reasons. XD

Other shows I'd recommend:

Black Mirror on Netflix
Brooklyn Nine-Nine on Netflix
Wayward Pines on Hulu
Mr. Robot on Amazon

I'm sure there's more, but that's what I got for now. <3
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 08:47:27 PM by SanctifiedSavage »

Offline Maria127

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2017, 02:03:46 PM »
I am watching The Grimm and i recently watched sesonn 4 of Dragons race to the edge. i tried watching helmlock grove but kinda got bored so i might trybre watching it another time. also im watching Reign which i really recomend

also my characters profile pic looks like mary queen of scots from reign... lol

Offline Red

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2017, 02:45:53 PM »
uhhh.... "Alaska: The Last Frontier" on Hulu. Its a nice, feel good show.

Unlike you creeps with your dark and twisted shit.  :love:

Offline Asoliel

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 03:27:07 PM »
definitely follow Dragons: Race to the edge as well

Currently watching the Flash myself and me and my wife are watching Frasier together. Love that show. Kelsey Grammer is fantastic. XD

Offline Kit

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 05:40:18 PM »
I used to watch Flash. And Arrow. Haven't been keeping up with them though. Stopped somewhere in the 2nd season of Flash and 4th? season of Arrow

Last little while all I've been doing is binge watching House.

Offline SanctifiedSavage

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2017, 12:14:27 PM »
So I just finished the 4 episodes of Handmaid's Tale available on Hulu and I really, really liked it. From a "holy shit this is brutal" standpoint, to the world, to the 'why god why' aspect of it. I'd heard from someone that it was going to be bad, and that it was really "feminist" or whatever, but it was actually really good. Or what I've seen of it so far. Really rough dystopian in the "this is as bad as it could be" type of way.

Definitely mature though. o.o

Offline laceface

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2017, 08:15:57 PM »
the book is amazing

Offline SanctifiedSavage

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2017, 09:02:51 AM »
So I watched the movie Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets and... it was good. If you go in with the right expectations. XD

Let me preface this with saying I loved Avatar. The movie with the big blue Na'vi. Loved it. It was beautiful. But the plot was not complicated, at all, and you could easily see what was going on.

That's sorta Valerian except the main characters are... awkward. My BF thought their awkwardness was awful, I thought it was enduring. It wasn't terrible in the same way that like the MC's interactions in Jupiter's Ascending was, but it was a different way of handling things between MCs and I liked it. I can definitely understand why not everyone will.

Beyond that, the movie is as beautiful as Avatar. The world building in this is where the movie shines and, if nothing else, I recommend watching it just for that. Same with Jupiter Ascending. These movies aren't complicated, the plots are pretty straight forward, and the relationships are either self insertion bleh or just as straight forward, but my god. The world building, the setting...

Right. So.

Anime!~

I've been watching a bit of this and spammed some in discord but I'll post it here too. Some of this... err most of it? is on crunchyroll.

My favorite so far! ._. I hate waiting every week for the episodes to come out. It has everything I love. Scenes that have made me cry at the beginning, a big monster that is in love with a wittle mage girl, romance, and a messed up sorcerer that wants to make monsters out of the parts of people. Think FMA chimeras.
Spoiler for For real spoilers:

REMEMBER THIS SHIT? Yeah. Same level as this shit.

I loved this one but it tormented me too. It was listed as one of the better BL animes out there, so I went into it thinkin' I was gonna get some sweet action. INSTEAD IT WAS SAD AND MESSED UP AND I CRIED AT THE END. It's SO GOOD and not because the main characters are a little gay for eachother. Let me stress A LITTLE. ._. But the setting is amazing, the plot is beautiful, and I did cry at the end and listen to music from this one for DAYS. People on discord can vouch.

AND the last one. The one I'm CURRENTLY watching.

This is based around Karuta, which is a really neat competitive game, and a... love... triangle? My heart wants them all to be together so bad, but I know it's not going to happen. So I'm torturing myself by watching it and knowing I will inevitably end up crying and hating someone.

So. I watch romance anime. >_> I haven't listed all the sorts of things I watch, because A LOT of them are BL anime. I have a severe weakness for it. But. These are the ones I have loved and would recommend just because they're l

Offline SanctifiedSavage

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2018, 12:20:07 AM »
We are watching a handful of scary movies on Netflix tonight. So far, we've watched Open House and in currently watching The Ritual.

Open House started really good but had the biggest shit of an ending. :c I was so disappointed.

The Ritual is shaping up to be better. But we'll see. ._.

Tags:

OOC Recent

[May 23, 2018, 04:16:51 AM]

[May 21, 2018, 03:49:38 PM]

[May 18, 2018, 04:59:10 PM]

[May 17, 2018, 01:35:41 PM]

[May 15, 2018, 03:37:30 PM]

[May 15, 2018, 03:11:06 PM]

[May 14, 2018, 06:11:09 PM]

by Wren
[May 06, 2018, 08:56:19 AM]

[May 06, 2018, 02:26:29 AM]

[April 30, 2018, 09:06:20 PM]

[April 26, 2018, 08:17:16 AM]

[April 23, 2018, 05:24:02 PM]

[April 22, 2018, 12:35:12 PM]

[April 22, 2018, 10:58:05 AM]

by Wren
[April 18, 2018, 10:26:03 AM]
Pern RPs | Other RPs
Red River Weyr - 3rd Pass Pern RP Rainbow Mists Weyr Canyon River Weyr | RPG-D
Fortune Favors the Brave | World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP OSH
Kitaro Weyr Under the Wings | Elzynthia
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Beyond Redemption Xenedria: Scifi Master/slave RPG

Lyer Weyr Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | X-Men/Avengers Roleplay
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Blood Law - Anitaverse RPG
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Chaos Unbound deltas Open Affiliate!