Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

Required Reading
links to read before you join

Ic Info
Character information, Applications, and Adoptables

Bestiarum
The notable fauna of SWW

OOC Extras
Fun things around the forum to wittle at time between posts or links to OOC info

A comprehensive list of links to all our info

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
7.2591 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every OOC week. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Whers here, though not for firelizards.  There are Candidate events, Weyrling classes, Holder plots, and Crafthall developments -- a little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!

Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a colored name here.

Remember,
this holds no IC consequence and is only for fun.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Closed Event [ 20.1.2590 ] Beginning of Mine Hall  (Read 3250 times)

Offline Southern Records

• Admin Account
  • Dispersing Knowledge
    • View Profile
[ 20.1.2590 ] Beginning of Mine Hall
« on: May 26, 2015, 09:54:15 AM »
Beginning of Mine Hall
20.1.2590 // 12 pm
While many people in the weyr think that the Hold construction is a pointless and dangerous waste of time, this event celebrates the real progress that has been made since the work began. While the Hold has yet to be made livable, the separate section of tunnels and caverns carved out for the Mine Hall has been completed. All goods, supplies, and belongings of those who live and work as Miners have been transferred by the riders to the finished Hall inside the mountain. Now, Craftmaster Miner Castivill and the rest of his Crafters are hosting a gala to showcase what they’ve accomplished. Those attending will be treated to lunch at the Hall and can go on guided tours to see what has been built.

What is the new Miner Crafthall like?
For now, the Miners have not connected their sealed tunnels to the unfinished Hold ones for safety reasons. The entrance to the fields is sealed with heavy iron doors made by the Smiths, anchored securely to the rock and reinforced with bars both inside and out. Since the Miners will now be living in the Hall full time, the place has been outfitted with a mess hall, living caverns, wells, small bathing springs, and other amenities necessary for life. They will, of course, still need supplies from the weyr in exchange for the materials they mine, but the presence of heavy mineral and firestone deposits means that this should be a rather lucrative arrangement.

Miners
The entire population of Miners have moved here now, complete with their families and watchwhers. It’s safe to say that the Mine Hall doors will only be open when other workers are at the site guarded by dragonriders. The rest of the time, they will be inside their stony fortress within the mountain. This is a huge achievement, and they have every right to be proud; no doubt all will be familiar with Craftmaster Miner Castivill’s devotion to being autonomous from both Weyr and Hold.

Other Crafters & Holders
Many of the other Crafters will be visiting to congratulate the Miners on their achievements—and express excitement about one day having their own Halls in a similar fashion. For the Holders, this means that they are that much closer to one day having a place of their own outside the weyr.

Dragon Riders
Since the event starts at lunchtime, the only Wing that will be in attendance is Beach. They will be inside the doors during the gala, their dragons waiting in the Weyr Bowl until it comes time for guard duty to begin. As such, they have every opportunity to interact with and congratulate the Miners.

Candidates & Weyrlings
They will not be allowed to attend during training and class hours, as O'sir and D'zel are carrying out regular classtime and duties. The only exceptions to this rule will be those Candidates who have immediate family in the Miner Hall or were once Crafters themselves. O’sir still expects them to return to the weyr, since they will remain in the Candidate Barracks unless they chose to give up their Candidacy or age out. Similarly, D'zel will be sending one of his Assistants, along with any weyrling who wishes to go -- but only for the lunch hour.

As per usual, you may either respond to the IC thread, respond OOCly here with what your character is doing at the event, or check in with them if they won’t be attending. :love:

IC Thread

Participating
Castivill
Eimerra
R'sin
Nalata
Sethunya
R'kan
Colvin
Valenarin
D'von
M'rek
Finnmaghaine
Tyldas
T'ghen
Eimerra
Keassa
D'mir
K'mar
Uorsyn

Checked In
L'ren
Esclamonde
Thiis
V'len
Calladren
U'thar
Karou
Marika
S'ren
R'dan
Xitomar
Lycoris
Virilise
Kayden
Zelryon
Maerysa
J'hal
Z'tai
M'kale
Callista
Isotarïne
Esmyond
Osaiyes
Riysidae

« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 04:48:17 PM by Southern Records »
This is the admin account for Southern Winds Weyr. All records, notes, and items of import come from here.

If you have questions, shoot us a PM @ Southern Records!

SWW Staff
SanctifiedSavage || SirAlahn || Weyrhandler

Offline laceface

Re: [ 20.1.2590 ] Beginning of Mine Hall
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 09:59:30 AM »
L'ren and Esclamonde are doing Jungle things.

Nalata is being forced to go.

Thiis is in class.

Added : SirAlahn
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 07:25:18 PM by lacihparg »

Offline Red

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 10:00:50 AM »
V'len would be at lunch with Prairie Wing and not in attendance of the gala
Calladren would be in Candidate class and not in attendance of the gala
U'thar would be in Weyrling class and not in attendance of the gala

Eimerra will fulfill her duty as a Junior Weyrwoman and will be in attendance of of the gala

« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 10:10:03 AM by SirAlahn »

Offline Kit

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 10:04:15 AM »
Colvin and Karou will be in class

Marika is in training

R'sin will go represent Jungle and back up Beach if they need it since he's not out hunting

« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 10:10:10 AM by SirAlahn »

Offline bluetardis

• Just arrived
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 10:45:26 AM »
S'ren, R'dan, and Xitomar are all in classes, although Xito may go visit once he's done for the day, since his brother's a Miner.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 02:21:59 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline Rezerai

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 10:53:25 AM »
Valenarin will of course be there and enjoying the idea of not having to between to work every day. =D

Lycoris will be in class. Virilise probably wouldn't be allowed to attend, dangerous and all that.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 02:22:32 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline .:Asylum:.

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 11:39:00 AM »
Kayden and Okiath will be feeling happy for the miners, but as a new Weyrling, she will focus on her studies and not really participate.

Zelryon will be happy for the miners, but probably won't make it since there are always more people to heal it seems.

Maerysaand Yumiath will be with their Wing, begrudgingly happy to have a source for more firestone and materials, but still worried about what it will mean for their wing mates with the continued protection they will need.

D'von and Jabyth will really want to participate. After all, they are so near graduation, they may even be able to help somewhere if they need it, right? (Want him there, but not sure I will be able to add him for a bit.)

« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 02:22:43 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline Spiffy

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 05:42:48 PM »
J'hal doesn't care, will be in classes anyway.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 07:32:09 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline SirAlahn

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 01:54:43 PM »
Safe to say that most of my riders will not be attending. However, M'rek and Finnmaghaine will be attending. I already posted R'kan; Tyldas will be there as well, and so will T'ghen -- though the latter is there more because it's an interesting historical moment than the desire to really interact with anyone.

Want me to color something for you? Click here.
I have too many wanted ads to list here. Click through to this link to see them all.

Offline Lyndi

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 09:57:22 PM »
K'mar will be attending.

Z'tai will be with Prairie Wing, though he does want to swing by to take a peek at some point.

M'kale will be with Jungle Wing and could care less.

Callista will not be going, though she is happy that some crafters will leave the Weyr and make some more room for actual dragon riders in the Weyr.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 07:57:59 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline laceface

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2015, 07:27:21 PM »
Since I have Isotarïne now, she'll be with the weyrlings who didn't go.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 07:58:09 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline Amethyst

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2015, 11:15:00 PM »
Esmyond- Would love to go, but would be afraid of coming back late. Instead he'll just wait and hear what the others who do go say. Having been a smith prior he's very happy for the miners, and wishes them all the best.

Osaiyes- Isn't terribly interested, but happy for the Miner's Hall still.

Riysidae- Is busy in the Healer's Hall, but also very happy for the miner's.

Uorsyn- Is of course present and in the thick of it. This is a huge deal for them and he's actually in a really good mood.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 11:40:55 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline Kyya

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2015, 03:51:37 PM »
Oarlen won't be attending the gala as he has no connections to the mining hall. He will be asking everyone in an authoritive position whether they're short staffed and if he can assist in any way.

Offline Dezzi

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2015, 12:51:19 AM »
Syrena - would love to be there but has chores around the Weyr.  She is very glad the Mine Hall is completed.

Vorianna - was intending on going but having to cover a shift in the Infirmary

Hanilynne - gave up trying to convince Ollinneeth it would be a good thing to do.  The green was afraid she would get dirty and not look her best.

Tags:

OOC Recent

[Today at 04:39:16 PM]

[Today at 03:41:57 PM]

[Yesterday at 11:20:55 PM]

[October 31, 2018, 06:04:31 PM]

[October 29, 2018, 08:01:51 PM]

[October 29, 2018, 05:09:15 AM]

[October 25, 2018, 03:29:35 PM]

[October 25, 2018, 01:32:31 PM]

[October 25, 2018, 12:43:27 AM]

[October 24, 2018, 05:46:08 PM]

by Inki
[October 20, 2018, 06:20:59 AM]

[October 15, 2018, 10:40:46 PM]

[October 15, 2018, 12:17:45 PM]

by Inki
[October 12, 2018, 04:52:17 AM]

by Inki
[October 12, 2018, 03:23:05 AM]
Pern RPs | Other RPs
Red River Weyr - 3rd Pass Pern RP Rainbow Mists Weyr Canyon River Weyr | RPG-D
Fortune Favors the Brave | World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP OSH
Under the Wings Pern Unbound | Xenedria: Scifi Master/slave RPG
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!

Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! |
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Blood Law - Anitaverse RPG Open Affiliate!
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!