Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

Required Reading
links to read before you join

Ic Info
Character information, Applications, and Adoptables

Bestiarum
The notable fauna of SWW

OOC Extras
Fun things around the forum to wittle at time between posts or links to OOC info

A comprehensive list of links to all our info

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
7.2591 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every OOC week. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Whers here, though not for firelizards.  There are Candidate events, Weyrling classes, Holder plots, and Crafthall developments -- a little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!

Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a colored name here.

Remember,
this holds no IC consequence and is only for fun.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Closed Event [ 26.2.2590 ] Clearing Land at Mine Hall  (Read 4026 times)

Offline Southern Records

• Admin Account
  • Dispersing Knowledge
    • View Profile
[ 26.2.2590 ] Clearing Land at Mine Hall
« on: April 26, 2016, 04:49:46 PM »
Clearing Land at Mine Hall
26.2.2590 / 11AM

With an influx of volunteers they’d gained during their push in the Weyr Hall, the crafters, holders, and weyrfolk alike are bound and determined to tear up a large portion of the jungle before Hunter activity can get too dangerous. With the first days of spring on them and the island heating up, it’s a time for Riders to be wary and weyrfolk to remain at the weyr. Where it’s safe.

It just seems there are a lot of enterprising weyrfolk, holders, and crafters that are bound and determined to tame the island by cutting into the jungle. Neither are they quiet about it. Though it’s rather difficult to be when you’re uprooting trees, hacking into underbrush, and hauling around heavy materials with whers more suited to nightly activities.

Some Riders of Prairie, that volunteered to help out, are amongst those workers hauling wood or cutting it back at the opening of the Mine Hall. These Riders will have strict instruction to obey all of Jungle Wing’s command, but they are there to work. Not guard. They’ve been instructed that, should an attack occur, they are to help get people inside the safety of the Hall and leave the fighting to Jungle Wing.

Beach Wing should be smack in the middle of drills at this point. No Beach Wingrider was cleared for volunteer duty at this time. Rather, M'rek, the wingleader, has offered to let some of his Riders assist in the work when it is their turn to do guard duty. But only a few, and only those that volunteered.

The older weyrlings who signed up to help may also be present assuming they’re not having any issues in their training. This applies to weyrlings that are at least, or nearing, their dragon’s 16th month.

Aftermath
The Hunters have pulled out of the camp and it’s a mess. Bodies are strewn about. Riders have been lost. Prairie and Beach Wing have been called in, though Beach Wing will have arrived too late to have been any help to Jungle Wing. All that’s left now is to haul the wounded to the Healer Hall and try to sort out the mess.

Death Tally:
5 Scouts of Jungle Wing. Their bodies won’t be recovered.
2 Brown Riders of Jungle Wing. They died in camp defending the Holders and Crafters.
11 Crafters from the various crafts, 2 of which were Journeyman ( One from the Mine Craft, One from the Farm Craft ). 4 bodies are missing.
8 Wher
9 Weyrfolk. 5 bodies are missing.
5 small, greensized hunters were killed.

IC Thread

Participants
L'nal
N'syn
Seng
L'gudu
Solik
L'ren
Esclamonde
R'sin
V'len
J'dan
Fisk
L'ale
Keassa
Sheali
Tallorine
M'kale
Larilla
A'lem

Checked In
M'qal
Nieve
Droissa
Ehrran
Velatha
Thiis
Isotarïne
Nalata
Marika
Colvin
Karou
U'thar
Calladren
J'hal
T'nax
C'dus
Callista
K'mar
Z'tai
F'lan
Temora
Catari
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 04:47:36 PM by Southern Records »
This is the admin account for Southern Winds Weyr. All records, notes, and items of import come from here.

If you have questions, shoot us a PM @ Southern Records!

SWW Staff
SanctifiedSavage || SirAlahn || Weyrhandler

Online SirAlahn

Re: [ 26.2.2590 ] Clearing Land at Mine Hall
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 04:57:16 PM »
L'nal and N'syn are there, of course, and catstancing not happy about it. On high alert.

I'll have Seng be there too since they are in Prarie and volunteered to help. M'qal will have been selected to go when Beach is on duty, so he won't be there at present.

Added : SirAlahn
Want me to color something for you? Click here.
I have too many wanted ads to list here. Click through to this link to see them all.

Offline Drewliet

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 05:01:06 PM »
Nieve and Droissa won't be present, neither possessing the means or the desire to help.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 05:06:59 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline Beasty

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 06:25:39 PM »
Ehrran will probably be in the healer hall just making sure that there are extra hands in case someone is injured

Offline laceface

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 06:58:42 PM »
L'ren and Esclamonde will be there, also not happy, also on high alert.

Velatha and Thiis have no desire to help.

Isotarïne and Nalata will be with the weyrlings doing their thing.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 07:03:20 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline Kit

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 07:05:08 PM »
R'sin will be there, brooding, unhappy, but doing his job all like

Marika will be with Ian, ranting and bitching about how stupid it is that she's not allowed to help with they're three months from the cut off and she's better than all the other weyrlings in her class anyways...except for Ian. And all like

Colvin will be relishing the fact that he's not expected to help with any extra work all like

Karou will have probably heard about it but not have much interest in it at this point as it doesn't involve the Candidates and maybe she'll get some extra time before lunch to go work on her mural and be all like

So there. Gifs all around to express myself because...tired...brain not working...will post R'sin tomorrow when I'm a fully functioning person again.  :love:

« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 07:09:47 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline Red

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 07:46:34 PM »
Because you have inspired me, Kit, I'm going to do this in .gifs

U'thar and Ewonth aren't allowed to help and are all like

Calladren will find either Thiis or Karou and be like

V'len and Redrenth will volunteer their services, only to get there and realize that there is a lot of hard work to be done.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 07:48:38 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline Spiffy

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 08:04:41 PM »
FFFF Red that second gif omg

J'hal is keeping the fuck out of it as usual.

J'dan on the other hand will be in the thick of it with Jungle Wing.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 08:34:49 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline Inki

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 08:21:49 PM »
Fisk has decided to help out, but he's not happy about it. He thinks they're stupid to be out when it's so dangerous but if they're going to do it anyways, the least he can do is help so they can all get it finished and get back to safety.

Offline Red

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 08:46:21 AM »
I figured I'd update with T'nax and Xenrith:

So... no... He's not helping.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 09:03:26 AM by SirAlahn »

Offline Drewliet

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2016, 05:15:29 PM »
Despite C'dus's apathy toward crafthalls, he'd very much like to be outside of the weyr participating in dangerous missions. But wanting to be there won't give him a free pass, he's stuck under his mother's watchful eye and can only hope that his involved family stays safe.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 06:46:05 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline Inki

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2016, 04:31:33 AM »
Fisk's only way of fighting off the baddies that are about to munch on people.

Online SirAlahn

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2016, 07:38:24 AM »
@Inki That gif is amazing. XD
Want me to color something for you? Click here.
I have too many wanted ads to list here. Click through to this link to see them all.

Offline Lyndi

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2016, 03:53:03 PM »
M'kale is there and pissed about it as usual.

Callista wishes she could be there to be useful, but has been banned from any Jungle activity from the twins while preggo.

K'mar is at Beach drills.

Z'tai? He's helping a rider untangle himself from his riding straps now that you mention it...

« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 02:18:07 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline SanctifiedSavage

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2016, 02:59:02 AM »
Updated with the aftermath. :faint:

Offline Fiayra

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2016, 12:29:44 PM »
Larilla is there

« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 02:18:19 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline SanctifiedSavage

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2016, 05:38:36 PM »
We'll be looking to wrap up this event pretty quickly. Everyone that's injured has healers either attending them or they're being brought to the healer hall now. No one injured should still be unattended after L'ale's post.

So feel free to wrap up conversations and the like in the thread. :3

Offline ChiefWhiz

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2016, 11:18:23 AM »
Just checking in for my OCD's sake, to keep track of character reactions to events. Not gonna post.

F'lan will be horrified when he hears. This marks the beginning of his doubts about helping the Holders.

Temora would have rushed to the site as soon as possible, since her brother's in Jungle and is injured.

Catari is more pissed than ever. Again, the riders have failed.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 11:33:12 AM by SirAlahn »

Offline ChiefWhiz

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2016, 06:20:59 PM »
A'lem and Sullyeoth were in the midst of the fighting. Sullyeoth was injured.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 06:22:42 PM by SirAlahn »

Tags:

OOC Recent

[November 03, 2018, 03:25:57 AM]

[October 31, 2018, 06:04:31 PM]

[October 29, 2018, 08:01:51 PM]

[October 29, 2018, 05:09:15 AM]

[October 25, 2018, 03:29:35 PM]

[October 25, 2018, 01:32:31 PM]

[October 25, 2018, 12:43:27 AM]

[October 24, 2018, 05:46:08 PM]

by Inki
[October 20, 2018, 06:20:59 AM]

[October 15, 2018, 10:40:46 PM]

[October 15, 2018, 12:17:45 PM]

by Inki
[October 12, 2018, 04:52:17 AM]

by Inki
[October 12, 2018, 03:23:05 AM]

[October 12, 2018, 02:38:47 AM]

[October 11, 2018, 11:45:32 PM]
Pern RPs | Other RPs
Red River Weyr - 3rd Pass Pern RP Rainbow Mists Weyr Canyon River Weyr | RPG-D
Fortune Favors the Brave | World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP OSH
Under the Wings Pern Unbound | Xenedria: Scifi Master/slave RPG
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!

Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! |
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Blood Law - Anitaverse RPG Open Affiliate!
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!