Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

Required Reading
links to read before you join

Ic Info
Character information, Applications, and Adoptables

Bestiarum
The notable fauna of SWW

OOC Extras
Fun things around the forum to wittle at time between posts or links to OOC info

A comprehensive list of links to all our info

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
8.2591 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every OOC week. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Whers here, though not for firelizards.  There are Candidate events, Weyrling classes, Holder plots, and Crafthall developments -- a little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!
 photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Southern Winds is Moving!!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We've been on SMF for almost 5 years, and while it's been good to us, it's time to shuffle on over to Jcink. We're packing everything up and moving over:

Come along with us to : Southern Winds @ Jcink!

Author Topic: Private You Left Me to Worry [27.02.2590 // 8PM] B'nyn  (Read 1064 times)

Offline Velatha

You Left Me to Worry [27.02.2590 // 8PM] B'nyn
« on: May 19, 2016, 02:59:03 PM »
Velatha had looked for B'nyn during lunch as best she could, but she didn't see his familiar mop of brown hair among the riders she had come to recognize as Prairie. Or maybe she just didn't know who his wingmates were at all. Regardless, she couldn't see him and didn't dare to look too hard around the other weavers.

She had been distracted for the whole day, and Caeda had noticed, but she didn't say anything. The master weaver understood that the attack had messed everyone's heads up, so she had given Velatha a simple lesson with Ilse about leather and how to work it before sending the girls to the healer hall to do laundry again.

Velatha enjoyed herself quite a bit more this time, talking with her friend and not rushing around quite as much. She also was given the opportunity to mend a rip in a sling, which helped her feel not as useless as before. When dinner came around, she searched the hall again for B'nyn, but did not see him.

Which led her to where she was now. Outside his weyr, waiting outside the curtain, calling gently to him. "B'nyn?" Her voice quietly echoed inside. She hoped he was in there. Otherwise she'd have to call out to Niskyleth, and she wasn't even sure how to get the dragon to hear her.

Spoiler for ooc:
@SanctifiedSavage <3
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 07:02:48 PM by SirAlahn »

Any and all powerplay by B'nyn allowed.

Offline B'nyn

Re: You Left Me to Worry [27.02.2590 // 8PM] B'nyn
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 11:33:43 AM »
One long day after another. He'd spent the entire day of the attack doing whatever was asked of him. Whether it was fetching supplies, tending to injured Riders by helping them eat, whatever was asked. So many things that needed done the entire day had turned into a blur of activity that he'd just pushed through. B'nyn couldn't even really process it. Not initially. Not after the wounds he'd seen and the death toll had trickled through the ranks.

He could've been one of those Riders.

Niskyleth was just as tired. Not physically, but just as drained. Death tended to take the humor out of the dragon and leave him quiet on his ledge. Certainly understandable.

B'nyn had just returned to his weyr from a bath. He'd not had one since the entire fiasco or the work at the construction site and, really, he'd just needed a quiet moment alone. He'd not realized just how much time had passed until Niskyleth guiltily remarked, Velatha is here.

Shit.

B'nyn, wearing nothing but simple cloth pants, moved to his curtain and pulled it aside. He immediately felt terrible and started apologizing right away. He couldn't even look at her. "I’m so sorry. I'd not meant to be gone as much as I had. I'd really meant to come find you sooner." His posture, his tone - everything about the man was just beat down. But that shouldn't have come at the expense of her. She was near everything to him. "Please, Vela, forgive me."

Length: 34.7M || Height: 7M || Wingspan: 57M

Offline Velatha

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 11:47:22 PM »
Was it bad if Velatha was just kind of struck by B'nyn only wearing pants? She blinked at him, staring at his chest as he spoke, not really noticing that he didn't look at her. He was fit, like she imagined a rider to be, and it was gorgeous. And she was fascinated. Stepping into his weyr, she pulled the curtain shut behind him and stepped around him, away from the door. She looked up to find the familiar brown hide in her view and she rushed to it, stretching a hand out to scratch at Niskyleth's eye ridge.

"Thank you for telling me," she murmured, giving the dragon extra love. "I was worried." Shards, was she ever worried. Velatha wasn't going to mention the small sob fest she had in the tunnel down to the washing caverns yesterday. She could tell B'nyn was miserable, and she didn't want to add to that.

"And you," she added louder, not turning away from Niskyleth, "are going to come here, hold me, and tell me you're okay." Velatha needed this demand to be met. She had to know that her rider and her dragon were good.

Offline B'nyn

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 09:54:11 AM »
B'nyn did not move after her. Truth be told, he was afraid to. What if she was really, really mad at him? What if she'd shown up to tell him she didn't want to be around him anymore?

She wouldn't have come into our weyr then, the Brown rumbled, tired but affectionate. Reassuring his nervous Rider.

B'nyn took a deep breath as he watched her but was still rooted to the spot. Too anxious to do anything but, really, stare. She really was beautiful. Amazing. Smart. Kind and caring. He should treat her better.

Niskyleth thrummed for the girl and spoke to her privately. Don't be too angry with him. We were really busy with our Wing. He did not forget about you. His eyes were a deep blue as he regarded Velatha. It often amused the Brown to no end how much this tiny human girl meant to his Rider, but he'd do whatever he could to ensure B'nyn was happy. Even speaking for the man if he was too shy to do it himself.

B'nyn almost winced when she said she was worried. Of course she had been. After what had happened, then he'd not gone to see her… But he'd been so tired, then he'd had to take care of Niskyleth, bath and eat… Basic necessities for himself and his dragon that had been exhausting acts by themselves.

When her tone got louder, B'nyn tensed and braced himself for her to be angry. But she wasn't. The Brown Rider actually smiled, relieved, and finally moved away from the door. He could do everything she'd asked of him.

B'nyn wrapped his arms around her, low on her waist, and kissed just behind her ear before he murmured, "We're really fine. It was just a lot of work that needed done and…" Rather than tell her more about that, he held her tight and close. "Neither of us are hurt, Vela. Just tired."

Blessed Faranth, she was warm and perfect in his arms.  Having her there, at the end of what had been the two worst days, was exactly what he needed. B'nyn didn't say any more, he just buried his nose in her hair and held her close. Almost like he was the one that needed the reassurance and not the other way around. Niskyleth's purr filled the weyr as the Brown rest his head on the ground to sleep, content that things would be fine.

Offline Velatha

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 04:02:38 PM »
Velatha nodded, taking a shaky breath. Of course he was busy. B'nyn made sure everyone was good; he helped where he could and even where he couldn't sometimes. It was one of the things that she liked about him, that he was so willing to help. "Thank you," she whispered to Niskyleth, leaning against him for just a moment.

B'nyn was behind her then, and she made a small noise of pleasure in the back of her throat. His wrapped around her, she felt infinitely better. She nodded after he was done speaking, feeling tears slowly start to leak out of her eyes. It was everything she needed, to have B'nyn hold her.

She turned around in his arms and buried her face in his shoulder, trying to stop from losing all control over herself. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders and clung to him. "Don't you ever do that to me again," Velatha threatened weakly, sniffling through her tears. She knew it wasn't realistic. B'nyn was a dragonrider. It's what he did. But if she could delude herself for one night to feel better? She would.

Offline B'nyn

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 04:31:10 PM »
B'nyn could've very well stood there all evening if it meant she would stay there with him. The Brown Rider wanted nothing more than to have Velatha stay with him. In any way he could have her. When she turned to face him, he relaxed his hold enough she could turn easily before tightening his grip once again.

The entire reason he'd gone there to begin with was to try and be good for her and her family. She was a crafter, after all, and he imagined that they'd want a place of their own. B'nyn was not arrogant enough to think that the Weyr should suffice for all around. Even if he wanted to keep Velatha with him. If, or when, that time came that the Weavers had their own Hall, he'd be happy for her if she wanted to go. It was her life, after all, and he'd not demand she put it on hold, or secondary, to his.

B'nyn kissed the top of her head and found himself smiling just a fraction. He couldn't make any promises but he was in the least dangerous Wing. "I can only promise to do my best to come back to you every day," he murmured instead. That, B'nyn would always do. One of his hands slid up her back to tangle in her beautiful hair before he asked, softly, "Stay with me tonight? I missed you."

He half expected her to say no, to say she had to go back to her family, and he understood that. B'nyn would let her go. But after the day, after all the death, B'nyn did not want to let go of the woman that made him happy.

Offline Velatha

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 09:28:34 PM »
Velatha relaxed into his arms and stood there, shaking slightly. She didn't want to think about what B'nyn did every day. Being a dragonrider was dangerous, and she didn't just know this from being in the weyr. The massive amounts of damaged riding leathers that poured into their hall after the attacks had left her reeling. The jagged cuts to the precious jackets told her enough about what was out there.

She released her grip on his body to wipe the wetness away from her cheeks, turning a few shades of red from embarrassment of crying in front of him. She was emotional, yes, but it was normal for her. She still felt weird about it anyways. She ran a hand lightly up B'nyn's torso, tracing the same path with her eyes.

His question distracted her from her momentary fascination with his body. Could she stay the night? She wasn't planning on it at all. Her parents would be expecting her back. And when she didn't come back, they'd either look for her or wait for her with angry expressions and stern words. And probably a chaperon.

But consequences be damned. She wanted to be with him tonight, to know that he wouldn't be going anywhere. That he was safe, and well, and Niskyleth too. Shyly, she stretched up on to tip toes to kiss him. It sent delicious shivers down her spine to a pool of warmth in her toes. Velatha seriously couldn't get enough of him.

"I'll stay."

Offline B'nyn

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 11:19:30 AM »
He did not want his sweet Vela to cry. When she pulled away and wiped at her tears, B'nyn kissed her cheeks then offered her a smile. He wanted to reassure her, in whatever way he could. But before the man could open his mouth, Velatha had her hands running up his abs and chest.

What a way to distract him.

B'nyn had frequently hovered on the edge of wanting far more from her than she seemed ready to give, so he restrained himself and just… let her touch and look. Even if all he wanted to do was toss her on his bedfurs and pull her clothes off so he could sink into her. Blessed Faranth…

With that thought lingering in his mind, Velatha kissed him. B'nyn's hand automatically slid into her hair as he returned the kiss. Wanting to reassure her everything was fine, that he wanted her. His other hand pressed her lower back to him, holding her against his body in the brief kiss.

She'd stay.

B'nyn couldn't help the sheepishly goofy grin that spread on his face. "Let me… get you something to sleep in, hm?" he said, kissing her cheek before reluctantly pulling away. One of his shirts would do just fine. B'nyn didn't have a lot of extra clothes - not many did - but he had a spare shirt just for her. He pulled it out of his trunk before offering it to Velatha.

It did not occur to him that she might want privacy changing. He was actually looking forward to watching that part.

Offline Velatha

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 08:16:22 AM »
Velatha grinned right back at him, lips still tingling from their kiss. She loved being wrapped up in him, and the warmth coming from his chest (that wasn't blocked by a shirt) was even better. When he dug a hand into her hair and held her firmly? Even better.

When B'nyn handed her the shirt, she held it up to her body. It'd cover enough, just coming down a few inches lower than her current tunic. It smells like him, she realized, holding it close to her face. Looking around, she noticed with alarm there was nothing to change behind.

"Uhm," she said hesitantly, stalling as she searched for a nice corner to hind behind. But B'nyn's weyr was all smooth walls and curves. "I'll just... give me a moment."

She rushed over to the nearest wall and faced it, cheeks turning bright pink. It's not that she wasn't comfortable around him, it's just that this was...different. Very different. But still, that delicious warm feeling she got when he kissed her was pooling in her stomach.

Tucking the sleep shirt he gave her between her knees, Velatha took a deep breath to steel herself before pulling her own shirt off in a quick motion. Her long hair, curly and always all over the place, covered her back enough that she didn't feel too exposed, but the sudden change in temperature made her chest cold. She dropped her shirt on the floor and pulled his over her head, any awkwardness at the whole situation lost as she smelled B'nyn around her.

It was relaxing in the best way, feeling wrapped up in him even when he wasn't near her. She bent down to pick up her shirt and folded it neatly, placing it on the top of his trunk. She didn't want to take her pants off yet, preferring their warmth to the coolness of his weyr.

Velatha looked at B'nyn shyly. Now what?

Offline B'nyn

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 08:35:26 AM »
B'nyn could bask in her smile all day. She had the most beautiful smile. He'd fallen in love with Velatha's smile from the first day he'd met her, when he'd been a bumbling fool. While he could still stumble over his words around her, B'nyn was no less enamored. More so, if anything.

He'd be lying if he said he wasn't looking forward to watching her change. Their relationship had a slow pacing to it. In comparison to some other riders, a holder's pace. But he was ok with that. B'nyn was not the sort to woo a girl and expect sex to happen right away. In fact, if it did he'd have immediately lost interest.

But the slow burn of interest in Velatha had only been fanned to an inferno over the course of their time together with the brief kisses, occasional touches, and the few times he'd gotten just a little more. He didn't just want her for a night, he wanted her for the rest of his life. For that, B'nyn would wait… forever.

Her actions in his weyr as she undressed was the most adorable thing and exactly what he'd needed after the long days. B'nyn was actually grinning as she blushed and darted off to put his shirt on. The fall of her hair down her back? His palms itched to touch her but he remained firmly rooted on the spot. B'nyn was a man of self-control. He wouldn't pounce on her while she was undressing in his weyr.

When his beautiful Vela turned back to him with the sweetest smile, he finally moved out of the spot he'd been maintaining. His arms slid around her and, for just a moment, he held her to him. One of his hands tangled in the wealth of her soft hair before he kissed her cheek then her jaw before he finally stepped away to guide her to his bedfurs. B'nyn didn't comment about the fact she still had her pants on. Whatever made her the most comfortable.

B'nyn's bed was layer of furs. He drew the top one aside for her, indicating she could climb in first. Only once she was settled did he climb in next to her, drawing her near if she wanted, so he could continue to hold her.  "Thank you for staying with me," he murmured softly.

Offline Velatha

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2016, 09:17:48 PM »
B'nyn wrapped her up once again, and she was nearly overwhelmed. Between him and his shirt, it felt like she was drowning. But strangely, she could still breathe, and maybe it wasn't such a bad sensation at all. The hand in her hair elicited a small noise of pleasure. Hands in her hair were her weakness, after all. With the weight of it on her shoulders every day, taking it down from its bun, braid, or large nest on the top of her head and running fingers through the normally tangled mass was a welcome relief.

All the better when B'nyn was the one doing it.

She followed him to the bed, silently shimmying out of her pants. Feeling slightly exposed still, Velatha quickly got under the furs and settled. She relaxed as he crawled in with her, and she settled herself against his chest. She just hmmed in response to his comment, burrowing further under the covers and into him.

This felt right. She didn't care what her parents would say; being with him just felt right. She didn't need anything traditional like what they wished for her. This weyr was far from traditional. Her parents would learn to adapt just like they all had in the move.

"I wouldn't want to be anywhere else," she responded just as quietly, turning to kiss whatever part of him was closest (which happened to be his shoulder). Comfortable, Velatha relaxed. He was safe. Niskyleth had brought their B'nyn back in one piece. Things would be okay.

Offline B'nyn

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2016, 05:27:25 AM »
It was not often, or… really at all, that B'nyn had Velatha in his bedfurs. He was ever considerate of not only her upbringing but the fact that she was relatively young and hadn't really… been with anyone. It'd have made B'nyn rather inconsiderate if he'd tried to pressure her into anything she might not have been ready for. One of the things that had attracted him so much to her was her innocence and he wasn't naďve or ignorant enough to think that was just something that had happened by chance.

It was because Velatha was part of a traditional family that expected her to marry - and not have sex until she was married. A part of him felt guilty for even wanting her. As a Rider, he could have had his fun with other Riders. Women that wouldn't disappoint family members just by being with him. It wouldn't matter.

But he couldn't help himself. He wanted her. Wanted to be with her. Not just for a night, he'd long since proved that, but until she either decided she needed to marry a proper man or either one of them were no longer on Pern. Velatha was smart, beautiful, kind, sweet, and a plethora of other things that he'd always wanted for himself. One of the very few selfish things B'nyn actually indulged in. Perhaps, too, he wanted to be worthy of her. Worthy of someone as wonderful and amazing as the girl who crawled into his bedfurs and clung to him like he mattered, not for the work he did, but because of who he was.

So no matter how tempting it was, no matter how much he ached to do more than just hold her close, B'nyn controlled himself and left his hands in appropriate places. One slid up her back, over his shirt she wore, and gently tangled his fingers in her hair while the other lightly settled on her side. Touching her but only just. Never demanding anything from her.

B'nyn kissed the top of her head and murmured, "At some point I'm going to insist you never leave my weyr." He'd meant it as half a joke, but being too tired and too relieved she wasn't upset, his tone sounded serious.

Offline Velatha

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2017, 10:06:19 PM »
"That's the plan," she responded, snuggled up into him comfortably. Shards, there was nothing like this. He smelled of leather, dragons, and fresh air, something totally different from the musty scent that seemed to permeate her clothes and the cloth she worked on.

She had never met a man like B'nyn before. He was the opposite of the stories her parents told her about the dragon riders. In fact, he even acted better than some of the holder and crafter men her parents wanted her to consider. He didn't sleep with anyone breathing, was kind to her, and didn't pressure her. Velatha knew that the world of the riders was primal compared to the crafters, but she was starting to realize that it wasn't in a bad way.

Her parents normally made her work during Flights to keep her out of the halls where an errant rider could claim her as his own while under the lust. She had been told that the riders put themselves and their dragon first and didn't care for the rights of the holder, but she was beginning to see that as false information.

B'nyn's selfless sacrifice, putting the needs of the weyr before his own, showed that he wasn't totally self absorbed. She expected a certain degree of loyalty to his weyr, but she could tell without a doubt that this loyalty could be extended to other things.

Her, if she wanted it.

And she did. "Being with you is the best thing that's happened to me," she murmured, half thinking out loud and half wanting him to hear. Whatever feelings they had for each other ran beyond a child's crush or the rush of holding hands for the first time. Even when Velatha passed him in the hallway or saw him across the room while eating, it sent a thrill of something down her spine.

"I will never be angry with you for helping out your riders," she told him, leaning back just enough to catch his gaze. "You never need to feel bad for supporting our weyr." And it was truly, this home they had carved out for themselves. She never wanted B'nyn to feel like he had to choose.

Offline B'nyn

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2017, 09:51:16 AM »
It was hard for B’nyn to know what to do with what she was saying. He recognized it as a good thing that he was the best thing that had happened to her, but it also made him a little self-conscious. B’nyn felt, in no way, good enough to be with her. Such words were high praise coming from Vela.

B’nyn always strove to be a good Rider, and he believed he was, but Vela made him want to be a good person. To be kind, decent, and compassionate to everyone, because they were all in this together. Seeing her smile reminded him of that every time. That they were defined by Hall, Hold, or Weyr, but that they were collectively Pern.

If it weren’t for Southern Winds, he might never have met Velatha. Would never have had her in his bedfurs, pressed to him. Never have seen her smile or hear her beautiful laugh. Stumble over his own words or feel the rush of anxious nervousness that only she could make him feel. When she said our weyr, B’nyn smiled down at Velatha and, without thinking, kissed her. Nothing demanding or even all consuming.

To hear her say it, to know she felt like the weyr was her home too… There just weren’t words. B’nyn’s hand lightly tightened in her hair a moment before he broke the kiss, brushing his lips along the corner of her mouth, then her cheek, as he murmured, “Thank you, Vela.” Only then did he settle so they could well and truly sleep.

Spoiler for OOC:
We can close it here or after your next post, should you like. <3

Tags:

OOC Recent

[October 24, 2019, 08:10:14 AM]

[October 21, 2019, 05:02:13 AM]

[June 08, 2019, 04:55:13 PM]

[June 02, 2019, 06:50:51 PM]

[May 21, 2019, 03:08:17 PM]

[May 21, 2019, 01:33:00 PM]

by Inki
[May 15, 2019, 11:59:05 PM]

[April 20, 2019, 12:17:43 PM]

[April 20, 2019, 11:24:26 AM]

[April 20, 2019, 08:49:49 AM]

[April 16, 2019, 12:33:48 PM]

[April 16, 2019, 12:32:54 PM]

[April 05, 2019, 07:49:27 PM]

[April 05, 2019, 07:47:24 PM]

[April 05, 2019, 07:44:45 PM]
Pern RPs | Other RPs
Rainbow Mists Weyr
Canyon River Weyr
|
Fortune Favors the Brave
Destiny of Pern
|
World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP
OSH
Innovo Weyr
Under the Wings
Pern Unbound
|
Xenedria: Scifi Master/slave RPG
In Rukbats Shadow
|
World of Oarth
Felth's Heart
THE DARK AND HOLLOW PLACES

Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! |
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Blood Law - Anitaverse RPG
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!