Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

Required Reading
links to read before you join

Ic Info
Character information, Applications, and Adoptables

Bestiarum
The notable fauna of SWW

OOC Extras
Fun things around the forum to wittle at time between posts or links to OOC info

A comprehensive list of links to all our info

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
8.2591 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every OOC week. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Whers here, though not for firelizards.  There are Candidate events, Weyrling classes, Holder plots, and Crafthall developments -- a little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!
 photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Southern Winds is Moving!!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We've been on SMF for almost 5 years, and while it's been good to us, it's time to shuffle on over to Jcink. We're packing everything up and moving over:

Come along with us to : Southern Winds @ Jcink!

Author Topic: Private A Morning with the Beach [16.08.2589] 7:30am ~ Niema  (Read 2839 times)

Offline M'dak

• Proud brown rider
  • Please, please, don't talk to me
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • brown-rider.png
  • of Dallarth
  • Bonded to one firelizard(s)
  • Rudas
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
A Morning with the Beach [16.08.2589] 7:30am ~ Niema
« on: June 06, 2016, 01:13:40 AM »
Dallarth, move your front left leg up a bit, you’re trailing the net wrong. Peering down into the water from his position on the browns back, he nodded. Perfect. He gave Dallarth a hearty slap on the shoulder in congratulations as he ended up back in the perfect net trawling position.

They continued to drag the net forward through the cove, M’dak keeping an eye out on the fisherman, his fellow wingriders, and the splashes of the fish as they jump out of the water.

It’s getting heavier. I think it’s time.

Alrighty then. Back we go. Then we can decide whether or not to go back out and fish or help load these ones.

The brown flapped his large wings in great sweeps, sending them, and their net, straight up into the air. M’dak grinned at the fullness of the net, which wriggled with the flopping of the floundering fish.

M’dak didn’t mind fishing. He liked being out in the fresh air, and enjoyed that it was possible for him to spend a whole morning working with a group and not have to communicate with them at all. His idea of a perfect day honestly.

Not that he didn’t like Beach Wing, they were kind, social and funny, for the most part, and most of them liked fishing duty. So it always had a good atmosphere in the mornings. The whole wing being able to do work, but still have fun. The only thing M'dak really disliking was the sand which made its way into his riding gear, and therefore inevitably, into his Weyr. And it was a bitch to clean up.

Dallarth touched the net down lightly on the ground, hovering a little bit to avoid crushing the fish and M’dak jumped the distance onto the ground, to help the waiting riders and fisherman to help Dallarth release the net, the small holes occasionally getting stuck on the dragons claws.

Today is a good day.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Let me know if you want me to change anything
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 01:23:43 PM by SirAlahn »

Length 35m ~ Height 7m ~ Wingspan 58.1m

Offline Niema

Re: A Morning with the Beach [16.08.2589] 7:30am ~ Niema
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 01:44:41 AM »
Niema truly did enjoy the work on the beach. In fact, it was probably the funnest, most rewarding work she'd ever done as a dragon rider. Fighting Thread was all well and good, but being able to haul in fish and have the visually rewarding catch every day? That was something else entirely. She felt useful.

Even if she was not necessarily the best at it. Niema and Vorloruth were better at guiding the boats and helping the fishers clean the fish. Fish guts didn't bother the tanned lady, surprisingly enough. The mess frequently had her giggling and squirming in place, but she could cut and clean a fish with some of the best apprentices in the Fisher Hall.

But nets? Blessed Faranth, Niema and Vorloruth couldn't for the life of them figure it out. It was amusingly embarrassing to Niema and frustrating to her beautiful Vorloruth. So they played to their strengths.

Cutting fish and hauling in catches. Scouting out boats and guiding them in to the docks. That also meant Niema didn't have to wear her riding gear. Instead, she wore a shirt with cut off sleaves and simple fisher work pants. They offered such clothes to the riders who might get fish guts on them so as not to stink up their riding gear.

How sweet.

Niema sauntered out to the beach when M'dak landed with another net full of a catch. "I'm always at awe when you manage to haul such a large catch in," she said by way of greeting. Vorloruth moved over to Dallarth, thrumming a greeting. She'd end up taking the net and catch from him and haul it into the Hall so Niema and those like her could start cutting up the fish and prepping them to either be smoked, salted, or sent to the kitchen to be cooked for the day. "I swear, every time Vorloruth and I touch a net we end up trying to untangle ourselves for a mark or two."

Spoiler for OOC:
Hee hee, perfect timing too. Nieme and K'mar just recently hooked up and opted to be exclusive.

Length: 20M || Height: 4M || Wingspan: 36M
Powerplay allowed by K'mar

Offline M'dak

• Proud brown rider
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • brown-rider.png
  • of Dallarth
  • Rudas
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 02:30:11 AM »
Dallarth trilled happily at Vorloruth as he passed over his net, once detached from it being able to land close by. When M’dak passed along Niema’s compliment about how many fish they hauled in he puffed up his chest happy for the compliment as a relatively new member of beach wing. Only graduating the previous month.

Hello Vorloruth. Good morning? What have you been doing?

M’dak smiled at her, the two having very quickly formed a friendly relationship after he had joined the wing. Niema being easy to get along with and very happy to teach M’dak a thing or too, not solely limited to Wing duties.

“So I assume you’re prepping fish then?”

I’m bored of trawling, you should go prep fish. M’dak raised an eyebrow at Dallarth, as the brown apparently already made the decision for him. He sighed and turned towards Niema, Dallarth was distracted with Vorloruth’s company now and M’dak didn’t have it in him to force the brown away from company.

Just because M’dak preferred his own company, doesn’t mean he had to make his dragon suffer all the time. 

“Apparently, Dallarth has decided that he is bored with trawling, so I suppose I shall join you inside if you’d like.” He tried to hide the distaste in his voice as he offered. M’dak hated fish gutting, it was dirty and messy and it took him ages to get the fish scales out of his clothes when they seemed to jump off the tables into his pockets.

Offline Niema

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 08:43:14 AM »
Niema was starting to think her dragon had a thing for Browns. Though Berynth was never far from the pretty Green's mind, she sidled up to Dallarth readily enough and trilled her pleasure at his company. The flirt. Just hauling in what we're brought. The less time I have to deal with nets, the better, she answered, already eyeing the haul Dallarth had brought them dubiously.

"Is it a shame that I'd rather get my pretty self covered in fish guts than deal with the netting?" Niema teased before gesturing to the nets. "Help me get it tethered to Volroluth? Otherwise you may end up out here all morning watching me mess around with it." She shot him a playful wink as Niema moved to the nets. "And as fun as it might be to watch me, I'd not want to subject my poor dragon to such a display."

Does this mean you'll be spending the morning with us? she asked, perking up considerably even as she moved into position. Having such wonderful company would do much by way of improving her mood.

When M'dak made mention he'd go in and help, Neima giggled softly. Try as he might to act as though he didn't hate it, Niema knew better. "We'll get you a chance of clothes so you can look as dashing as I do and your Riding gear won't suffer for it, hm?"

Hooking the catch up to Vorloruth was easier said than done. Getting the netting up on the Green so they didn't end up dragging the fish through the sand and into the Hall took both Riders and no amount of grumbling from the dragon, but it was eventually accomplished. The weight of it wasn't too bad and certainly something she could readily bear, especially for a short trip into the craft hall work room to drop it off, where the net was untied by deft fisher hands and the contents spilled into tiled tubs for fisher and rider alike to get to work.

Before they joined, of course, Niema took his hand and pulled him toward the supply rooms so he could get dressed. "You can store your riding gear with mine, hm?" Her playful smile might've suggested, on any other given day, that they might have a bit of fun while changing clothes. But with K'mar tumbling into her life, she had to remind herself to behave with M'dak.

Offline M'dak

• Proud brown rider
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • brown-rider.png
  • of Dallarth
  • Rudas
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 11:52:30 PM »
I could always help you get a hang of these nets. They’re tricky to start with, but really, you’ve just got to keep your claws from getting stuck.

M’dak grinned at Niema, always finding her company a pleasant occasion, not confronting his anti-social nature too much. She was easy to get along with, easy to like. He decided not to respond to her tease, having his own eye set upon a crafter who had absolutely no interest in him. Niema was pretty, but he had a feeling that they were much better friends then they would be anything else.

Yes, I think we shall spend the morning with you two. The brown responded happily, liking the idea of actually getting to speak to people this morning.

He grimaced at the idea of a change of clothes, not knowing who would have been wearing the unflattering pants before him, but was more put off by the idea of ruining his leathers.

Helping secure the catch was no easy feat, but with the two of them, it made it a lot quicker, M’dak grinning at the green’s grumbling, Dallarth hovering nearby, trying to help, but mostly just getting in the way in his eagerness.

Raising an eyebrow he allowed himself to be dragged towards the supply rooms. A quick change, and M’dak was scowling at the pants, sticky and messy from the previous wearer. “I hate fish.” He grumbled.

He would have looked a right sight, a scowl on his face, arms folded across his chest, hair pristine, but with fish guts all over his baggy overalls.

Spoiler for OOC:
So how well known is the Niema/K’mar thing? Will it just require a question about her love life for her to tell him? Or would he be able to already have his suspicions?

Offline Niema

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 03:44:40 AM »
Vorloruth thrummed in pleasure at the Brown's offer. Maybe that was one of the reasons she always preferred them over Bronze? Always kind, considerate, helpful, and attentive. Not necessarily show offs. At least, not the ones that she frequented. You may have to. They seem to stick to me like sea weed and I end up in more trouble than it's worth she complained, though without any real whine to it. Mostly in good natured ribbing of herself. With you and yours here to help this morning, I'm sure there will be less fuss for me and mine, she said. And she meant it. Niema might be a decent cleaner of fish, but they were hopeless at nets.

Niema thought M'dak was adorable once he was changed. Though the overalls were still worn over underclothes, they were a communal use. A sort of 'one size fits all' deal. Or rather, a hand full of sizes and you picked the closest one to your own. Niema wasn't needlessly close when he changed nor did she gawk. She was never that sort of person, but neither did she leave the room. Riders just weren't skin shy like Holders or even crafters.

Once he was dressed much as she was, like a Fisher, she whistled her playful appreciation and took his hand in hers so they could go to the tiled workroom that reeked of fish, salt, and the ocean. Thankfully, the ceiling had slanted vents and the room itself had wide windows to let out the smell. Really, there was a beautiful breeze and, with the windows as big as they were, it almost felt like they were working outside.

Almost.

But in storm-like situations the craft hall could close the room up. There were others already at work and a larger 'load' door where dragons could bring in their hauls. Where Vorloruth was presently dumping her catch. She brought him over to where she'd been working and fish was already being piled up bit apprentices. "Please tell me you know how to gut a fish," she teased playfully, offering him a knife. Then, she added with a wink, "What a way to spend the day, hm?" Niema didn't think too much about the messy work or how it even felt when she touched a fish. Instead, she just did it.

It was far safer than flying Thread. To take their minds off of the particularly gruesome and squishy work, she asked instead, "If you hadn't impressed, what would you have ended up doing?" An innocent enough question but something to do to pass the time.

Spoiler for OOC:
K'mar is a bit of a jealous dude and he'd probably be hanging around Niema during off hours or lunch, so at this point it's probably a pretty verifiable rumor. Lots of people would have seen them together but they haven't really announced it from the mountain top. XD But yeah, if he's asked before, he'd get a pretty straight 'yup, I'm with K'mar' answer. He'd also probably have a pretty good idea based on the fact Niema hasn't been sleeping around and she used to do that a lot. 

Offline M'dak

• Proud brown rider
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • brown-rider.png
  • of Dallarth
  • Rudas
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 11:31:52 PM »
The young brown rumbled with the equivalent of dragon laughter at Voloruth’s comparison of nets to seaweed. You may be right with that, they are tricky. Next time, I’ll take the net and show you what to do.

M’dak let himself get dragged into the work room. It reeked. He hated it. The smell wasn’t dispersed like it would be outside, only tickling your nose with a slight salty, fishy scent that was pleasant, this smell clogged the air, even if they had the shutters open. At least to M’dak it did.

Grimacing at the pile of fish he answered her question, “Unfortunately, yes, I do know how to gut a fish. The worst class of my life.” He shivered in disgust, slightly exaggerated, but mostly just grossed out. “It’s just so messy.” M’dak complained. Shivering when he picked up a slimy fish, he scowled at it, grabbing a knife from the bench, and trying to make a clean incision.

It was true that M’dak did know how to gut a fish. But it was also true that it took him twice as long as a normal person. He liked to make a clean cut, scoop all of the guts out in one go to prevent muck, and then examine it thoroughly to ensure the inside was spotless. “This is not my favourite way to spend a day.” He added onto the end so that she knew he wasn’t slightly her company. “I’d rather spend time with good company… Um… Not getting messy with some fish.” He made a face at her and flopped the fish in his hand at her comically to emphasise his point.

He cocked his head at her question, not really considering it before and he shrugged before answering. “Honestly, I have no idea. All of my family are dragonriders, I don’t really think I considered anything else… ever…” It was an interesting thought, he didn’t exactly know if he was good enough at anything to even consider it as a craft for himself. “I’m too quiet for a harper, too clean for a miner, not crazy enough to be a fisher,” he joked, “I’m terrible with stitches, so that’s a Weaver gone.” He considered other things. “I can’t even cook! So I’d be useless in the Weyr kitchens.”

He gave her a lopsided grin, “Guess I’m lucky I impressed then, huh? What about you?”

Offline Niema

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 04:13:20 AM »
Vorloruth took her place just outside the craft hall - or what consisted of a Hall for the Fishers. She was awaiting the next haul, which was the perfect opportunity to settled in the sand and flare her wings to soak up some sun. Another reason she certainly preferred this work over flying Thread. She'd get herself tangled up in nets all day if it meant she might not die. There must be some trick to it you know she teased playfully.

Though it certainly did smell, Niema tried not to focus on that part. The breeze that did find its way into the work room was very much welcomed though. Most in Beach Wing, at this point, could somewhat gut a fish. Whether or not they were good at it largely depended on the individual. Much like Niema and nets, some tasks just eluded the dragonrider's grasp. Hearing M'dak  talk about how messy it was had her giggling.

Wasn't that the truth. She also wasn't surprised at the mess of flits that fluttered about, wanting the scraps and guts they tossed out. Might as well go to use feeding them.

Niema worked rather efficiently when she put her mind to a task. She grinned more so when he referenced her company and the fish. "I don't mind doing all this, to be honest. Better than Thread, or hunting in the Jungle. So it's a great way to be useful," she answered before taking a moment to work with her most recent fish while mulling over her own posed question.

"Huh. Yeah. I impressed when I was twelve so… I don't think it occurred to me I'd be anything other than what I am. Though I remember it being so much scarier to impress than it is now." Niema tossed her cleaned fish in the bin before picking up another. "But, if not a dragonrider… Mayhaps a weaver. Healer? I like being useful and both of those are that. I'm not squeamish."

You'd just be lost without me, her dragon remarked.

//Isn't that the truth.//

"You are lucky you impressed then," she teased, "Otherwise you could be scrubbing floors and stalking after women during flights."

Offline M'dak

• Proud brown rider
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • brown-rider.png
  • of Dallarth
  • Rudas
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2016, 06:34:48 AM »
Dallarth admired the green when she flared her wings, he was a male afterall, and Vorloruth was a fine specimen. And she was nice too. There's no trick, they're just... He hesitated as he tried to find the best word. Clingy. You want to have as little claw involved in the process as possible.

M'dak grimaced, remembering his own memory of a slightly scary hatching which he had attended, he pushed the girls face out of his mind and focussed back to what Niema was saying and chuckled a little bit. "I wouldn't know, it's not as if I impressed all that long ago as you know."

When Niema tossed her finished fish in the bin, he looked down at his own, he was probably less than halfway through the process, so he knuckled back down to the fish, trying not to take too long but wanting to get it done properly. Knife flicking through the fish, he scraped it clean, slightly stretching it to ensure that he had gotten everything out.

A grin crossed his face as she mentioned that crafters and holders would have to stalk after women during flights, "Sure," he agreed hesitantly. Although he wasn't actually convinced, it wasn't as if there were women searching for him in particular in the aftermath of Dallarth's failed catches. If he was to find a woman after a flight he was usually having to stalk around to seek them out, not that they were few and far between in the Weyr, but usually by the time he stumbled out to find someone, most of the others had paired off, meaning the awkward brown rider had spent quite a few after flights alone.

Perhaps it was time for him to bring up something he had wondering about. K'mar. He and Niema were close enough friends that he thought he wouldn't be overstepping if he asked her about her rumoured relationship with their fellow wingmate, K'mar. Afterall, M'dak wasn't one to put a lot of stock by rumours, he'd much rather hear it straight from the herdbeast's mouth rather than just accept idle gossip as truth.

"So I've noticed K'mar's been hanging around a lot." He started to prod, if she didn't want to say anything, then he would stop, easy as that, he was simply curious, but it was very much not a vital information that he required from her. Her business was her own if she cared to keep it private.

Spoiler for OOC:
Eh, sorry, this wasn't my best post. But I tried. Let me know if you want me to change something

Offline Niema

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 05:27:01 AM »
Vorolurth trilled a dragon laugh. Perhaps that is my problem. I try to claw it off all the time. I hate how the wet netting sticks to me. Reminds me too much of Thread. Perhaps it was a good thing dragons had such a short memory that she could not recall the pain associated with Thread, but only the idea of the silvery spore.

Niema heard the hesitation but had the grace not to mention it. She didn't usually chase after stories from people unless they were freely given. Though M'dak mentioning he was recently impressed had her giggling as she gut another fish. How well she knew that. He seemed so young, so  fresh. Open to the wide world of possibilities in this new world, this new time of fishing and hunters.

A world she'd not have minded impressing into instead of Threadfall.

Alas.

When he mentioned K'mar, Niema visibly perked up. Just the mention of the Brown Rider had both Vorloruth and Niema's attention spiking. Wasn't he just something new and interesting in their lives. What M'dak had to say about it had Niema giggling all over again. "Oh, yes, hanging around quite a bit, hm?" she said in such a teasing way, as though K'mar was hanging around M'dak and not the other way around.

"You know," Niema added playfully, "You are not the first one to ask me about him of late. Something going on that I don't know about?" Her attention shifted from her task of cutting up fish to M'dak.

Offline M'dak

• Proud brown rider
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • brown-rider.png
  • of Dallarth
  • Rudas
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2016, 10:18:39 PM »
He made a snort of distaste at the idea. Keep it away from your legs, then. He paused thinking. Maybe if you make sure you hold it like this. The brown showed her his own claw, which was curled into a tight ball, Then you can make sure you keep a good hold of it, but hold it at the end, so it doesn't have to touch you.

M'dak flicked his fish into the bucket and set upon another one. So he was slow, but at least his fish were going to be gut free, and his baggy pants would be as gut free as possible as well. He grimaced when a chunk of fish flipped further up his arm, onto his wrist instead of just his fingers, and he plucked the offending piece off him, flinging it away.

He grinned when she evaded the question and chuckled, stopping his own fishing gutting duty to face her. "He's a handsome man, I would be surprised if there wasn't something going on." He winked at her, continuing on with her own joke. "But, come on Niema, don't give me that. He's been hovering." He shrugged. "But who knows, you could be right, maybe he's been hovering around you trying to get to me." M'dak winked at her with a light chuckle, if she didn't want to tell him if she was in a relationship with K'mar, he would drop it.

Faranth knew that there wouldn't be many people he would tell about his crafter-crush, even if they did ask. He wondered whether Niema would be one of them, not that he expected her to ask, he had tried to not be obvious about his feelings, most would just think he and Ilse were friends... Right?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 10:58:31 PM by M'dak »

Offline Niema

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2017, 09:55:31 AM »
Vorloruth watched Dallarth show her what he meant before she shifted over to a net to try just that. The Green wasn’t one to wait to try such things. It was and clumsier approach because she wasn’t used to it, but that didn’t mean she stopped trying either. Rather, it was something different and new for her to try. Just made Vorloruth more interested.

Niema didn’t care whether or not she got guts on her. Maybe she should’ve been bothered because, well, she was going to stink like fish guts. But that didn’t even cross her mind. Instead, she cut through the fish like some eager flit into a meal – except she wasn’t eating any of it. It was relaxing, repetitious work that wasn’t dangerous at all. The worst Niema would sustain from gutting fish would be cutting herself and, well, whatever Rider happened to cut themselves with a knife should be appropriately chagrined.

Nothing life threatening here, which had her in a grand mood. As did just about any work that Beach Wing did when they weren’t in any danger.

M’dak remarking about K’mar being handsome did have Niema snickering. “Yes, I suppose he is,” she admitted playfully. When M’dak suggested K’mar was hovering to get at him, that actually had her laughing. “Oh, now, that’d be something to see!” Which wasn’t a lie. M’dak was quite a looker himself. As Niema finished up two fish is short order, she flashed M’dak a playful wink. “I suppose that yes, K’mar and I have a thing going on. It picked up after he showed up in my weyr almost… a sevenday ago? Less?” Niema actually paused in her work to contemplate that.

Huh. Time tended to fly when one wasn’t paying attention to it.

Offline M'dak

• Proud brown rider
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • brown-rider.png
  • of Dallarth
  • Rudas
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2017, 02:15:49 AM »
"Ooh a thing, huh?" He snorted. "It sounds very serious." He said, mocking her terminology. Not that he could say anything about it really. He supposed he had a thing too. Sure, it wasn't a mutual thing, but it could potentially still be classified as a thing?

Who was he kidding? He knew nothing about how romance or even casual sex worked at all. It was so much easier to just go with the flow of what the other person wanted. It made flights and everything else all the more simple for him.

Having feelings for a crafter wasn't simple.

So he decided to keep the focus of the conversation on Niema and K'mar for a while, if she allowed him to steer the conversation in that direction for much longer. "So he just showed up in your Weyr then? That's very bold of him." He snickered at her, knowing that not many woman would be complaining if K'mar waltzed into their Weyr and started a thing.

Offline Niema

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2017, 02:28:30 AM »
Niema actually laughed when she realized just how casual and laissez faire that sounded. To her, it was quite simple and had started just as simply. Though perhaps there were more feelings involved that even she was trying to sort and figure out. Relationships were odd, admittedly, and she’d never have considered them before K’mar had seemed so very vested in having her for himself.

Not that other men hadn’t expressed such an interest. So why K’mar? Hmm.

Niema worked on another fish during her musing before she nodded a little. “I think weyrmates, and relationships really, can be quite complicated. Being responsible for another person’s feelings is… well, quite a responsibility.” She glanced at him. “And… I may have provoked him a little, I suppose. I was almost disappointed because I didn’t think he was going to show at all. I guess you can say we did a bit of heavy flirting before he opted to show.”

Niema actually paused in her work with a pretty frown. “What about you? Have you managed to navigate the intricacies of a relationship before? I’ve found they’re overly complicated.”

Offline M'dak

• Proud brown rider
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • brown-rider.png
  • of Dallarth
  • Rudas
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2017, 02:53:00 AM »
M'dak sighed, thanking Faranth that she seemed to understand his confusion with making official relationships work.

It was a big responsibility. He barely wanted the familial responsibility, sure, he loved his family, but knowing that he was bound to disappoint them, by the simple laws of probability, sucked. M'dak wanted to be everything they wanted him to be, but sometimes, it was just hard to pretend with it all and whenever he truly let down his facade, they always seemed to be a little disappointed in his choices. Not that they hurt anyone, but choosing to be alone, was just not something they understood.

He couldn't help but laugh at her words. "Well from the outside... It looks like he really did show up and deliver." A quick wink was thrown her way when he finished his sentence.

A grimace crossed his face when the conversation finally turned to him. "They're most definitely complicated." He sighed. "I just... don't think I understand the subtle cues that I'm supposed to be getting. My sister's tell me all the time that 'she was flirting with you' or 'you should have touched her arm to let her know you're interested', it's just all too complicated for me." M'dak made a face as some fish guts flung off his knife and onto his overalls.

"I know when I'm interested in someone and that's about it. Everything else is beyond me. I don't know why it just isn't more simple. More straight up. I don't want to make a fool of myself if someone else isn't interested, you know?"

Offline Niema

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2018, 02:29:15 AM »
Niema couldn’t help but laugh at his quip. Well delivered and certainly not far from the mark. So long as things were spoken of light and easy, she could pretend that’s all it really was. Just sex, right? On the surface, it certainly looked that way. Anyone who would’ve heard about it would certainly have said as much. Niema was not known for her monogamy.

Then, he went on about subtle cues and how they were complicated. Which really confused Niema to the point she stopped mid cut of a fish. “Oh. Well. I’m.. I’m not sure if I’m the one that could really help you there. I don’t really.. do subtle either.” That was as frank as she could be. Niema had shown up in practically nothing and invited K’mar up to her weyr.

There’d been nothing subtle there.

After she stared at him a moment, she resumed her work. “I mean, if subtle isn’t for you, don’t be subtle? I’m certainly not and I seem to manage just fine.” She glanced up from her work for a moment, smiling playfully. “There’s no such thing as making a fool of yourself if you’re chasing something you want. That’s really what life is about, yes? Having fun. Going after what makes you happy.” At least, that was how Niema lived her life. It might not be for everyone, but if subtle didn’t work... then why try to be subtle? She certainly wasn’t with K’mar.

Maybe that’s why they worked? Neither of them had minced words about anything so far.

Tags:

OOC Recent

[October 24, 2019, 08:10:14 AM]

[October 21, 2019, 05:02:13 AM]

[June 08, 2019, 04:55:13 PM]

[June 02, 2019, 06:50:51 PM]

[May 21, 2019, 03:08:17 PM]

[May 21, 2019, 01:33:00 PM]

by Inki
[May 15, 2019, 11:59:05 PM]

[April 20, 2019, 12:17:43 PM]

[April 20, 2019, 11:24:26 AM]

[April 20, 2019, 08:49:49 AM]

[April 16, 2019, 12:33:48 PM]

[April 16, 2019, 12:32:54 PM]

[April 05, 2019, 07:49:27 PM]

[April 05, 2019, 07:47:24 PM]

[April 05, 2019, 07:44:45 PM]
Pern RPs | Other RPs
Rainbow Mists Weyr
Canyon River Weyr
|
Fortune Favors the Brave
Destiny of Pern
|
World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP
OSH
Innovo Weyr
Under the Wings
Pern Unbound
|
Xenedria: Scifi Master/slave RPG
In Rukbats Shadow
|
World of Oarth
Felth's Heart
THE DARK AND HOLLOW PLACES

Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! |
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Blood Law - Anitaverse RPG
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!