Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: We have four different themes for the Site, which you can change with a dropdown at the bottom. Named after the different Wings of Southern Wings Weyr : Jungle, Beach, Prairie, and Mountain.

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
4.2590 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every 4 or 5 OOC days. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Flits here, as well as whers.  There are Candidate events and classes and Crafter plots. A little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!
 photo OOCChat_zpseb6e942b.png
Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a unique colored name here.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Sun and sarcasm [13.03.2590/Midday] Open!  (Read 1180 times)

Offline B'lye

• Mountain Wingsecond with balance issues
  • Just arrived
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • green-rider.png
  • of Uereth
  • Bonded to four firelizard(s)
  • Axander, Tethine, Reela and Ralee
  • RaynePOTM
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
Sun and sarcasm [13.03.2590/Midday] Open!
« on: August 01, 2016, 11:28:10 PM »
Laying down in the grassy field, the old green rider stretched his entire body with a satisfied groan and tucked his hands behind his head. A grin settled on his clean shaven face as he closed his eyes in a pose so relaxed and pristine that one mightn’t even realise that this was the biggest and most lovable shit stirrer in the weyr. Well, possibly not, but he was claiming it anyway, much to the pretend chagrin of the huge green stretched out next to him on her side.

Don’t you think that title is somewhat unbefitting to your station?

//What? Biggest and most lovable shit stirrer?//

Was there some other ridiculous title you just made up?

//Ah, don’t be silly my love! In a station such as ours honesty triumphs appropriateness. We are Mountain Wing after all. Nothing above loyalty, honesty and hard work.//

Is that why we’re sunbaking at just past midday?

//Don’t you know it’s rude to point out the flaws in your elders logic?//

That’s usually because your elders are supposed to be wiser than you. At least that’s what you told me when you would never argue with our Weyrling Master. And as I am the far wiser of the two of us…

//Ah! The cheek! And to think I was going to oil you today!//

And like the immature and bratty 52 turn old man that he was, the one legged Wingsecond turned on his side away from his green and pouted.

From across the open field of soft green grass, one might have thought the act between them was rather childish, and they would be right. However the teasing between the pair had long become their favourite way to express their love for each other. And as the green dragon nosed her rider with a threadscored snout, and as he out loud replied with repeated, ‘No. No. I’m not talking to you. No.’ the pair wasted their afternoon sunning themselves in the fresh air.

After all, it wasn’t like they had much else to do today. Young impressionable Mountaineers were out on their missions and B’lye already finished his latest maps. He knew the weyrlings were currently swamped with mentors so he was avoiding them until they were closer to graduation and were looking towards being placed in their Wings. That, and B’lye would have to get his crutch and hobble his way to the Dining Hall if he wanted to do anything else. Today was such a day that he wanted to feel like a dragonman, not some crippled gossip, so down to the soft grass they had glided and here they would stay. He and Uereth would fly to their hearts content later in the evening, when the cool would ease the strain on Uereth’s wings, but now they would lie together and enjoy the open space and fresh breeze.

OOC: And some company?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 07:35:28 PM by B'lye »

Offline R'sin

Re: Sun and sarcasm [13.03.2590/Midday] Open!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 04:10:27 PM »
R’sin headed out into the Weyrbowl, as he did every day around this time, ready to help when Jungle returned from hunting. It had been the same way every single afternoon since Halirina grounded him, since Jungle became his Wing. He may not be able to go out with his riders anymore but shard it if he would not always be there waiting when they returned to help haul in the day’s catch and to help with the riding gear.

No one could reasonably say the Jungle Wingleader shirked his duties or sat back on his heels while his Wingriders did all the work. Nor would he have anyone think that menial tasks like tending to gear was beneath him. Jungle always ate lunch together but R’sin often left the dining hall early to go back out and prepare the gear for the afternoon hunt as well. These were his riders, he’d do everything he could to protect them and if he and Dekkath couldn’t be out there with them R’sin would make damn sure no rider would get injured or killed because of a loose buckle, or dried and worn riding strap.

Usually the bowl was fairly quiet at this time, most the other Wings and workers already trickling in for lunch. As the days grew hotter and hotter people were more eager to find shelter within the cool stone walls of the Weyr a tad earlier than normal.

Dekkath circled above and spotted the Mountain Wingsecond first, though he didn’t need to alert R’sin. B’lye might have been hard to see, laying prone in the grass but Uereth was not as she nosed her rider. Had the man injured himself and was unable to get up?

R’sin stopped about a foot or two from B’lye, the sun casting a shadow from the tall bronzer across the Wingseconds face. B’lye didn’t look hurt. He looked like a petulant child, turned away from a parent and sulking.

“What…are you doing?” R’sin asked, a mixture of curiosity, amusement, and bewilderment layered in his tone.

Offline B'lye

• Just arrived
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • green-rider.png
  • of Uereth
  • RaynePOTM
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 09:06:53 PM »
In the process of pretend ignoring his dragon, B’lye had scrunched up his face and closed his eyes. He was planning on keeping this face for as long as the joke was still funny (which could be a very long time given Uereth took great pleasure in showing how much bigger she was than him while nosing him along the ground inches at a time), but he felt the distinct cool of a shadow fall across his face.

Looking up, B’lye saw the Jungle Wingleader, his usually stern face not as stern as usual. Some riders may have found themselves a little embarrassed to be caught in such an undignified manner, and deep down B’lye may have wished that he was not so often caught this way, especially by attractive senior riders, but there were some things that cannot be changed, and B’lye had learnt to roll with them.

“Ah, hello Wingleader. Lovely day.”

As B’lye tried to compose himself with only a little reddening of his cheeks, Uereth lifted her head to nod in greeting, a small sign of respect to the Bronze Rider, before calling out a brief warble of welcome to the still circling Bronze above.

This is what you get for acting like a child, projected the Green, managing to keep most of the smugness out of her voice.

//No, this is what I get for not teaching you proper manners.//

The outloud and very unladylike snort that Uereth gave was about as close as she could get to real laugher, but it didn’t stop her from trying.

Ignoring Uereth… again… B’lye rolled himself onto his back and laced his arms behind his head, the picture of relaxation. “Doing? I was attempting to teach my Green here some manners, a few years too late I’ll admit but better late than never of course.” She snorted again. “After all this time she still hasn’t managed to grasp the concept of respecting your elders. Naturally I had to give her a lengthy talking to about the wisdom of age…”

Her multifaceted eyes swirling with the colour of mirth and contentment, the green dragon interrupted, projecting her voice to all of the listening parties. I pointed out that I am clearly the wisest of our lifebond pair and he, as I believe it is sometimes phrased ‘chucked a hissy fit’.

Gasping dramatically and clutching at his heart, B’lye turned wounded eyes to his bondmate “how could you betray me this way? In front of a Wingleader.” He pouted as his eyes filled with crocodile tears, and Uereth gave another undainty snort.

Offline R'sin

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 09:38:39 AM »
At Uereth’s greeting, Dekkath circled to a soft landing in the Weyrbowl, returning the green’s greeting  emphatically. Good afternoon, Uereth. Looks like your rider is giving you a bit of trouble. The bronze rumbled in amusement.

//Don’t encourage her.// R’sin admonished though his look of amusement only deepened as B’lye stretched out in the grass asserting that he had only been trying to impart wisdom on his dragon.

The Jungle Wingleader flat out snorted a laugh when Uereth addressed the group. “Hissy fit, huh? I promise I won’t repeat that to W’sar. And since we’re sharing aged wisdom, I’ll share a little secret I’ve learned over the turns, green dragons are always right and you’re better off not arguing with them.”

Now who’s encouraging?
//Do you want to tell her she’s wrong?//
No.
//I didn’t think so.//

R’sin was almost envious of how relaxed B’lye seemed to be laying there. When was the last time he had ever just laid out in the grass and stared at the sky? Never. Never was the last time.

You could join him.
//No I can’t, are you crazy?//
I’m just as wise as Uereth and you and her rider would be better off if you’d just listen to us. The Wing is not back yet. You can spare a minute to sit with a friend.

The Wingleader sighed, brows raising at B’lye’s dramatics. Dekkath was right though, the Wing had not returned from hunting yet. R’sin lowered himself down beside B’lye though he held none of the other man’s easy posture. He was stiff and straight and quite possibly had no idea how to relax when it didn’t involve Cassi naked in his bedfurs.

“Er, so how’s the Wing?” R’sin wasn’t even sure what to talk about other than work and business.

Offline B'lye

• Just arrived
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • green-rider.png
  • of Uereth
  • RaynePOTM
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 07:43:23 PM »
Uereth snorted as Dekkath landed softly, would you believe this is actually him being well behaved? The green said in her soft voice that sounded a lot like an eyeroll. He’s actually in a good mood because we’re outside.

B’lye however, realising his tears weren’t going to garner him any sympathy in the current crowd, replied with dignity, “well I would be if this lot didn’t keep taking your side! R’sin? How could you? I’m starting to think you’re in cahoots with my bondmate trying to get me to be civilized.”

Lying back down, closing his eyes and attempting a pose of calm aloofness, “well it won’t work. I refuse. Plus, my Wingleader likes me just the way I am, Mountain Wing does need some entertainment.”

Even eyes closed B’lye could note R’sin laying down, opening one eye to stare at the bronze rider B’lye let out a hooting laugh. “You look like you sat on a particularly sharp rock there Wingleader, need me to kiss it better? The afternoon is supposed to be a relaxing time. Don’t you Junglers know how to, as the kids would say, chill out?”

He was still chuckling to himself when he answered, “Mountain Wing is better now that they’re back out of the weyr again. They were chaffing for a bit at having to stay, but our schedule hasn’t been impacted too much since the lockdown.” He sobered up a little bit then, knowing the Wingleader was probably experiencing the same irritation at his own grounding. Even though B’lye and Uereth couldn’t fly all that much, and certainly not the long distances over the main continent, at least they weren’t forced to stay.

“So what have you been occupying your time with then, Wingleader? Chores? Crafts? Women? You certainly don’t look like you spend much time laying about in the sun.”

Offline R'sin

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 09:48:07 AM »
“If any of you in Mountain were civilized we wouldn’t be sending you out into the wild.” R’sin teased. But if sending the Mountain Riders out into the ruins and wilds of the main land made them uncivilized, what did sending the Jungle Riders out into the dark and dangerous jungle make them?

A mixed, conflicted looked flashed across R’sin’s features as B’lye laughed at him and threated to kiss his posterior. It looked like the bronzer couldn’t decide whether to be offended at the man’s amusement from his own discomfort or whether to laugh along with him. This awkwardness of just relaxing on the grass seemed to bring out the same sort of mixed reaction. He couldn’t decide whether to be fed up with the idleness of it or to give in and actually enjoy it.

“Actually, I think I am,” he muttered, leaning over to remove a chuck of rock from beneath him. It didn’t matter, he still sat stiffly and at attention as if he’d be called to arms at any moment. But the day was warm and there was a soft breeze coming in from the cove and despite himself, R’sin did eventually begin to relax.

R’sin glanced sideways at B’lye at the mention of the lockdown. It hadn’t been easy for a lot of the riders but he was pleased with how most had handled it and to his knowledge no one had tried to get away with unauthorized flights and those that had been authorized for supply runs or shuttling to and from the Mine Hall had gone off with no incidents. The Holders and Crafters seemed to be suitably subdued since the attack.

Everyone knew R’sin had been grounded when Halirina had promoted him, it didn’t matter that he didn’t talk about it, word had spread through the Weyr just as fast as the rumor that the Jungle Wingleader position was cursed. These days though, with the severity of the attack at the Mine Hall and the disastrous attack at the cove, R’sin wondered if he was in more danger in the Weyr and at the construction site then out hunting with the Wing. B’lye was not wrong, being grounded still did chafe at him and made him restless but he didn’t complain vocally. He wouldn’t question his Weyrwoman in front of people. He preferred not to talk about the decision at all.

“Training mostly,” he said after a long moment, rubbing at the stubble along his jaw. “Dekkath and I have been working with some of the more motivated Weyrlings. I’ll be looking to get Jungle’s numbers back up to where they need to be.” It seemed callous to think of it like that, to replace those they’d had lost such a short while ago but he had to keep the interest of the Wing and Weyr in mind and Jungle couldn’t work shorthanded forever. He wasn’t sure where those replacements might come from, whether from riders in other wings looking to transfer or if he’d have to hand pick the best of the soon to be graduated Weyrling class. He didn’t normally like to take riders so fresh but sometimes there wasn’t much of a choice.

What was the other things B’lye had mentioned? Women and crafts? “I don’t really have time for crafts I suppose and women are even more work.” He said lightly with a grin.

Offline B'lye

• Just arrived
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • green-rider.png
  • of Uereth
  • RaynePOTM
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 05:36:34 PM »
B’lye gave a bark of a laugh, “at least that we can agree on, and the only woman I have to deal with is my mother.”

Taking on a thoughtful expression and rubbing the skilfully shaped stubble on his jaw, B’lye considered what he knew of the current weyrlings. He hadn’t been paying as much attention to this group given the upsets in the weyr and figuring out how to keep himself and some of the other Mountaineers out of W’sar’s hair.

“How are this crop of weyrlings doing? How many do you think will really be suited to Jungle? Or, if you know of any that I should be on the look out for, it will give Uereth and I something to do other than annoy you.” He suggested with a wink.

Somehow I don’t think anything at all would be able to stop you from annoying people, Mine, Uereth said with the equivalent tone of an eyeroll, given the faceted eyes of the dragons couldn’t quite manage it in physical form, and broadcasting to Dekkath and R’sin.

“True, my delightful green, you know my talents well. But, at least it will look like we’re doing something responsible at the time.”

Offline R'sin

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 08:50:40 PM »
“Shards man, only your mother? You need to get out more. Or in more?” He wasn’t really sure the appropriate wording of that given the amount of time Mountain riders were away. R’sin was sure the rest of Mountain Wing was dealing with the restlessness of the lockdown by getting laid.

“None that I’d take right out of Weyrlinghood,” R’sin said shaking his head. “But there are a handful worth watching and if they continue as they are now they’ll be prime prospects for my Wing in a turn or two once they’ve gotten some experience under their belt.” It was no knock on D’zel or his assistants but there was just no substitution for actual experience in a Wing. No amount of training that would replace being in a functioning Wing day in and day out.

“As far as any potentials for Mountain?” R’sin paused to mentally run through the Weyrlings he knew. “I mean, I’d be much obliged if you all took the sharding blacks and reds and sent them off for as long as possible.”

Uereth’s comment made R’sin grin. “Don’t worry my dear, you’re not annoying me in the least.” He told the green, teasingly implying that B’lye was not off the hook. Dekkath rumbled a laugh, a soft humming croon coming from the big bronze, his eyes whirling with slow pleasure as he was able to enjoy R’sin’s humor and relaxed mood.

Offline B'lye

• Just arrived
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • green-rider.png
  • of Uereth
  • RaynePOTM
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 11:01:19 PM »
B’lye gave a proper belly laugh, “Oh, I get in plenty, just not with women my friend, though I’d rather prefer people in me. Just much less clumsy that way,” he continued to chuckle to himself for a little while before very suddenly sobering. “Wait, did you really not know that? I need to work on my reputation more... Uereth, make a note that we have to find some Jungle Greens and remind them that they need to gossip about us more.”

This is what’s going to dampen your mood?

Well, it’s just rude, dear. Honestly, I have worked hard for my reputation, just because Jungle doesn’t have any interesting men… or interested men… doesn’t mean MY reputation should suffer.

Drawing his attention back to R’sin, the green rider snorted indelicately at the wingleaders mention of the reds and blacks. “They are an oddity, I’ll give you that. Still, they might be worth their salt once they find their place in the weyr ranks, when they fall into line I’m sure they’ll get on your nerves less. I suppose they might suit Mountain, on top of people just wanting them out of the weyr, but I’m of the same mind as you, as is W’sar, that they need to know how the proper Wings work before they can move to us. They’ll never fit in properly if we chuck them back to the mainland, and if they never fit in, they’ll always annoy you.”

“Then again, they might always annoy you anyway, just for the fun of it. You have such an attractive scowl after all,” teased B’lye, “in any case, I guess Praire and Beach will just have to deal with them until then. You think M’rek and Z’tai will mind?” The question was asked lightly, in humour, B’lye was sure neither Wingleader would mind, but he certainly didn’t envy them given the stirring trouble the new colours always seem to cause.

Mountain was used to taking the misfits and outsiders, but it was only when they were strong enough to benefit the weyr as well as themselves, he’d be happy to chuckle at the other leaders misfortunes until such time as the riders and dragons had proven themselves, then he’d embrace them with open arms.

Offline R'sin

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2017, 10:52:57 AM »
R’sin side-eyed B’lye as the man broke out in full laughter. “I don’t make it my business to know the preference of bed partners for everyone in the Weyr.” He commented dryly. “You’d be better off having Uereth find the Jungle browns and blues if you want to improve your reputation.” R’sin said lightly, a smug smirk on his lips. Jungle was so often very possessive of its greens.

“Oddity.” R’sin echoed rolling his eyes with a snort. They were so much more than an oddity. They were an affront to the very traditions and well-being of the Weyr. They did not belong. The blacks might suit Mountain, big as they were they were bound to have stamina. The little runt reds would be a waste out in the barren expanse of Pern.

“I’m not always annoyed you know,” he said shaking his head in exasperation at B’lye’s teasing and shameless flirting. Attractive scowl? Did those lines really work on people?

Not always annoyed? You could have fooled me. The bronze rumbled with amusement.
//Shut up you overgrown wherry!//

“I think M’rek and Z’tai will take whatever able-bodied rider they can.” Given the state of Prairie, sometimes R’sin was convinced Z’tai would take a rock riding a blind wher for his Wing and call it a win.

OOC Recent

[May 25, 2017, 02:29:06 AM]

[May 24, 2017, 07:47:05 PM]

[May 24, 2017, 10:15:58 AM]

[May 23, 2017, 06:51:43 AM]

[May 22, 2017, 11:54:03 PM]

[May 22, 2017, 02:22:47 PM]

[May 22, 2017, 05:59:14 AM]

[May 21, 2017, 10:57:18 AM]

[May 21, 2017, 05:37:32 AM]

[May 20, 2017, 07:42:52 PM]

[May 20, 2017, 03:49:47 PM]

[May 20, 2017, 03:46:27 PM]

[May 20, 2017, 03:38:00 PM]

[May 20, 2017, 02:11:36 PM]

[May 20, 2017, 10:06:16 AM]

Open Threads

If you have any open threads and you'd like them listed, let us know.
In-Depth Character Prompts - For SOLO Threads

Don'tcha Just Hate It When... - 21.6.2589 x Seaphonellqua

Just Teasing - 1.9.2589 x Nishi

Death by Boredom - 32.10.2589 x Callista

Weyrling Shenanigans - 5.1.2590 x Weyrlings

Sunbaking - 15.1.2590 x W'um

Klah and Long Nights - 23.1.2590 x Isotarïne

Sun and Sarcasm - 13.3.2590 x B'lye

Breakfast Delivery - 15.3.2590 x K'eeda

In the Radiant Sun - 15.3.2590 x T'lor

Three Cheers to Sweet Isolation - 17.3.2590 x Penderton

Napping on a Wher - 18.3.2590 x Sarinea