Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Check out the Monthly Overview to see what's new on the forum!

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
4.2590 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every 4 or 5 OOC days. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Flits here, as well as whers.  There are Candidate events and classes and Crafter plots. A little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!
 photo OOCChat_zpseb6e942b.png
Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a unique colored name here.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Sunbaking [15.01.2590] 11:45am  (Read 970 times)

Offline W'um

Sunbaking [15.01.2590] 11:45am
« on: August 14, 2016, 05:31:22 PM »
W’um sighed comfortably, placing weathered hands over each other, and then behind his head, revelling in the heat of the sunshine on his lined face, the smile plastered happily onto it making it even more creased.

”This is the life, Liramyth. Leaving a little early from drills and taking advantage of the quiet Weyr while we can.” He made a sound of contentment as he closed his eyes.

I only wish you hadn’t said it’s because my scores were aching. The blue complained in his mysterious echoing voice. They all know you’re just bored of drills anyways. Liramyth settled onto the large rock that W’um was leaning back against, settling his large head on the ground so that his rider could very easily reach up to scratch his eyeridges.

”You were bored too.” W’um responded easily.

Liramyth snorted. True. But I can control myself unlike you.

”Is it a crime to want to make the most of the sun while I’m still on Pern?” The blue rider responded in mock annoyance.

Don’t be melodramatic. It’s far too usual for you.

”Ouch. Very ouch.” But the blue rider still had a smile on his face, very used to the back and forth teasing between he and his dragon after so many turns bonded. They knew each other more than anyone else could. So even if no one showed up to bring him food, or to question his early departure from drills, he would have the company of Liramyth. Which is all he could ever really need.

Prairie Searchrider
Length 28.5m ~ Height 5.7m ~ Wingspan 47.31m

Offline Sionann

• Be prepared to appreciate what you meet
    • View Profile

• She/Her/Hers
  • turns old
  • candidate.png
  • Bonded to one firelizard(s)
  • Tavi
  • Wren
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
Re: Sunbaking [15.01.2590] 11:45am
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 08:23:19 AM »
She had found her way outside, not a difficult achievement and in this case a necessary one as she hoisted the weight of the basket of wherry eggs she was carrying. Sionann had spent fifteen minutes explaining to Tavi that they were not for him and he could stop eyeing them up like a special kind of treat. Sionann was as usual moderately amused by his attitude even when she had to be truly thankful that the little flit adored fish so much.

Recently it had featured a lot on the menu and unlike the majority Tavi was under the impression that this was all of his hatching days at once.

Sionann couldn't have missed the basking dragon and of course the addition of his rider as well. She acknowledged them both with a nod of her head but didn't stop. The last thing she wanted to do was step in and ruin whatever peace that he was enjoying.

However, she wasn't adverse to helping out "...g'morning, rider. Would you like anything?" she asked, the question fairly softly spoken but not without volume to manage to reach his hearing with some effort on his part as well. She waited and allowed herself to smile "I'm on my way to the kitchens" she explained, one of the chores that while seemingly endless was at least one of the more popular and pleasant ones; at least in respect of the actual work involved with it all.

Perhaps she was just used to this sort of work.

Offline W'um

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 05:09:04 PM »
W'um grinned brightly up at the girl as she offered to get him something.

"Well, you thank you kindly. I could use whatever is fresh from the kitchens. Drills are hard work." He added with a wink to her. Not sure if she was aware or not that he should be there himself, but regardless, he amused himself.

A great blue head slowly raised itself from where it had been resting on his legs, to examine her more closely, probably getting very much into her personal space, but Liramyth had never really been aware of that sort of thing.

He spoke to her directly, slightly unusual, but that was how the dragon was. Are you a candidate, child?

"Now, now, Lir'," W'um rose creakily to his feet and pushed the wedge shaped head aside to give her some room. "You go to the kitchens. And bring back some food for me and you, and then I'll let Liramyth have a chat with you." He smiled kindly, "Make sure you do come back, otherwise he'll never leave you alone." W'um lowered his voice conspiratorially, "He's very nosy."

Prairie Searchrider

Offline Yinaya

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 06:50:06 PM »
Yinaya was hardly a stickler for drills. To be honest, she hated them. Absolutely loathed them. At over forty turns and a survivor of the Pass, as far as she was concerned she was retired. It was just a shame the rest of the Weyr didn’t agree. Or that Z’tai saw it the same way. Given that winter was generally foggy, chilly, blustery, and in general crappy on the island, any day that wasn’t was one not to waste in drills.

She saw W’um sneak off and, in the spirit of comradery, had Rantasyth wing out of drills during one formation that some fumbling younger rider messed the entire thing up and commanded the attention of Wingleader and Wingsecond alike. The playful, childlike Green landed next to Liramyth and thrummed a greeting. Yinaya slid off and stretched as though she’d actually been doing some manner of work. Given the chill in the air and that she had been attending lessons, she’d been wearing her Riding gear.

But the sun was out! It was actually a beautiful day! So she shrugged out of her jacket, revealing the various thread scaring on her arms, before she plopped down next to W’um. “It’s a good day, hm?” she remarked as her eyes fell on the girl. Candidate? Weyrfolk? What did it matter? Yinaya pat the grass next to her and, grinning, said, “Why don’t you join us for a moment, hm?”

It was only after she’d offered the girl a seat did Yinaya realize that W’um was trying to get the girl to fetch him food. Yinaya promptly elbowed him, with good humor, and shook her head. “Get your own damn food.”
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 06:51:25 PM by Yinaya »

Length: 20.1M || Height: 3.8M || Wingspan: 33.4M
Powerplay allowed by Fisk

Offline Sionann

• View Profile

• She/Her/Hers
  • turns old
  • candidate.png
  • Tavi
  • Wren
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 12:34:59 AM »
She could remember the first time a dragon had touched her mind and spoken directly to her personally. She could remember it perfectly which in no way lessened the excitement about it happening now. There was something almost awe-inspiring about it being done; Sionann wondered if she would lose that sensation when (if) she impressed her own dragon. She really hoped not, having that sort of feeling would be a rather pleasant way to live her day, even if resulted in her head being in the clouds a lot of the time.

"umm yes, I am. I mean yes, I'm Sionann one of the candidates" she answered, the introduction arriving almost at the same time as the other rider arrived and indicated an area for her to sit down and join them both.

As was often the case in such circumstances she suddenly felt a little shy, well more than a little but thankfully Sionann managed to avoid blushing up a storm "No, it's fine really. I offered and everything. I really do have to go to the kitchens anyway so I don't mind at all" she explained trying to smile and avoid looking terribly flustered all at the same time "...and I'll be coming back I promise. I can fetch something for you as well?" she looked at the woman in case she wanted anything before she'd make her move to the kitchens.

Sionann was prepared to grab whatever they wanted especially if it meant spending more time around them. While she hadn't really had much luck in terms of the Sands that didn't mean she was prepared to give up her dream of becoming a dragonrider as well - it was literally all she had ever wanted.

Offline W'um

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 02:51:09 AM »
The blue rider thought the child was very cute, the way she stammered her way through her introduction, and he felt a little chuffed at it, but wondered whether Liramyth had stolen all of his thunder with his curiosity in the girl.

Liramyth gave Rantasyth a distracted warble as he continued to study the girl.

Leave her alone for a little longer. I know what you're thinking. W'um chided the blue.

I just want to know who searched her. It was hard to tell whether he was miffed that he himself hadn't searched her, or whether Liramyth was still trying to make up his mind as to whether it was a good idea for someone to have done so.

W'um dropped his mouth open in an exaggerated gesture of shock, at the elbow to the ribs that he received from Yinaya. "She offered! I was offering to her the privilege of eating with me!" He waved his hand in Sionann's general direction.

"See!" He had to fight the urge to poke his tongue out at Yinaya, when Sionann backed him up. "Now will you let her finish her chores and come back? If she happens to conveniently bring food with her, would that be a crime?" He raised an eyebrow at her. "What're you doing here? Z'tai is going to notice if you leave in the middle of drills. See, I just don't show up at all."

Prairie Searchrider

Offline Yinaya

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 03:03:20 AM »
Yinaya cast a doubtful sidelong glance at W'um when the girl stammered that she would, indeed, go get them something to eat. She even offered to get Yinaya something! It was almost too adorable, enough that Yinaya couldn't help but smile. "You're incorrigible," Yinaya remarked, then laughed when W'um said it was a privilege to eat with him.

Privilege indeed! "Oh, I forgot I was in such esteemed company," Yinaya teased as she leaned against him, relaxing.

Then, because she almost forgot the overly nervous girl was likely still there, Yinaya turned her attention back to her. Waiting to see if Yinaya wanted anything. "No, no. I can get my own food, girlie. But thank you all the same."

Rantasyth settled on her belly, stretching out and flaring her wings in a stretch. Pleased to be done with the drills as much as her Rider.

"I'm pretty sure Z'tai would know if I didn't show up at all. The man is oddly persistent, eh?" She glanced at W'um again, unable to help but grin all the more. "Don't show up? Man, you're asking for weyrling duties."

Offline Sionann

• View Profile

• She/Her/Hers
  • turns old
  • candidate.png
  • Tavi
  • Wren
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 05:21:19 AM »
She couldn't imagine having that sort of easy banter with a rider; it was possible everything would change when she joined their ranks. At least she preferred to believe that going to happen, who knew? It might even help her with her own nerves and tendency to sputter out words at random when her nerves ended up getting the best of her normal commitment to proper and polite conversation.

"I'll see what's there. I'm sure no one will mind" thought Sionann was just as sure that it would end up being something like a couple of fishrolls, perhaps not very exciting but a suitably practical and quick kind of snack for all concerned. Sionann supposed that she was fortunate to have a real fondness for fish - not quite to the same extent as that shared by her firelizard but enough that she hadn't gotten terribly bored with it all...well not yet.

Eventually even her liking would result in her running out of tolerance. No one like eating the same thing over and over after all "I'll be right back" she asserted to them all and then licked her lips as she made to move away to head for the kitchens and finish off this chore and her own self-appointed task in fetching some food.

Offline W'um

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 02:34:05 PM »
W'um stretched back further, allowing Yinaya to settle more comfortably off him, and he threw one arm around her shoulder as he did so.

He pffted in response to her comment about Z'tai. "I know, but it's easier for all involved if he just knows from the beginning that he can't rely on my talents to help him out." He joked and sent her a wink. "I don't mind Weyrling duties. They're always so grateful." He raised his voice in a savage caricature of a younger person, "Oh please, how can I be like you W'um? You're so tall and handsome." An easy laugh broke from him. "I like 'em."

Shrugging he continued. "Candidates on the other hand, are a little different. They idolise you still, but they're more scared." He nodded and pointed a finger off to where Sionann had departed. "Like this one. Seems sweet, but what'll happen if she doesn't impress?" He shrugged. "Oh well, we'll see. Liramyth is interested in her, and I can never deny him a thing."

Prairie Searchrider

Offline Yinaya

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2017, 06:40:27 AM »
Yinaya liked W’um. Riders who didn’t take the Interval too seriously were the sort she enjoyed spending time with. While Yinaya respected what Z’tai was trying to do, she just didn’t understand it. Neither W’um or Yinaya were going to see Thread in their lives. Were drills really necessary? Was any of it? Hadn’t they earned some good ol’ fashion sun bathing?

Yinaya thought so.

The Green Rider actually bust out into laughter when W’um reassured her that he liked Weyrling duties and then parodied some supposedly younger Rider. It was too much it nearly had her in tears. She wished and hoped beyond hope that someone really spoke to him like that.

Yinaya could die happy.

When he mentioned Candidates, Yinaya wiped at her eyes but shrugged. “I never saw the appeal of bothering with Candidates. They’re like frightened wherry. Scattering or freezing depending on their inclination. Cute in their own way, I suppose, but far too innocent and fresh faced for me.” Yinaya looked after where the Candidate had run off. “I wish there was a way they could stay like that – innocent. No one should have to know how terrible the world is.”

Offline Sionann

• View Profile

• She/Her/Hers
  • turns old
  • candidate.png
  • Tavi
  • Wren
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2017, 08:33:43 AM »
It didn't take any real length of time to finish the errand which had brought her to the kitchens in the first place and even less time to skip out with a mix of savoury rolls (yes, they were fish) as well as couple of the sweeter ones that were used as a treat. She'd been tempted to see about something extra but Sionann hadn't wanted to push her luck with the drudges.

Making her way back to where the riders and dragons had been left sitting out to enjoy the sun, Sionann approached them slowly, keen not to intrude on any personal conversations "I got some rolls. It's fish again but I did find some sweet ones as well" that would hopefully make up for the lack of meat. She always preferred them with meat but perhaps like Tavi they'd like fish ones more? Her flit had probably been one of the very few who had absolutely no objection to indulging in the increasingly seafood based diet. In fact, he had on occasion looked decidedly smug about it.

Offline W'um

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2017, 11:16:15 PM »
It was great being able to just have a good laugh with another rider. Sure, drills had their purpose once, but they were never going to be flying thread again.

"The world sure does have some terrible moments doesn't she?" He shrugged. "But being innocent forever would be boring. We'd all stay the same."

The conversation was getting far too serious for his tastes, so he decided it was time to lighten it up. W'um didn't need to dwell in the past any more than he already did. "And besides, if the world was always perfect, then I wouldn't be covered in these dashing threadscores would I?" He waggled his eyebrows at her comically, lowering his voice, "I think it really brings in the ladies."

It didn't take Sionann long to finish whatever she had to do, and arrive back with their food. "Oh yum! Fish rolls!" W'um remarked, way too emphatically to be anything other than sarcasm. "Thank you, darling. Now sit down, join us while we eat and tell us about yourself."

Prairie Searchrider

Offline Yinaya

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2017, 07:11:36 AM »
Yinaya shrugged a shoulder as she peered up at the sky. “Maybe, but we’d all be happier for it.” Or at least she liked to believe. Her appreciation of the sky turned into an eye roll when W’um made mention of his threadscores bringing in the ladies. Yinaya flashed him a grin before she playfully punched his shoulder. There was absolutely no force behind it. “I’m sure it does. Just wear those really short shorts to show off your legs, hm? Sure you’ll attract all manner of attention.”

Wouldn’t that be a sight?

Yinaya looked to the candidate when she announced what she’d brought back for them. She patted the grass next to her to indicate she should sit. “I think fish rolls are great,” Yinaya said, and she meant it. Any day where food was available was a good day. “Tell us about yourself, hm? Also, do you think W’um here would look good in some short shorts?”

Offline Sionann

• View Profile

• She/Her/Hers
  • turns old
  • candidate.png
  • Tavi
  • Wren
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2017, 07:31:21 AM »
"I'm glad you don't mind, the rolls I mean. There wasn't anything else there" Sionann explained, hoping that W'um would accept the almost apology in her words. Not that there was really all that much to say about the matter of the food and their current restricted diet.

Sionann had accepted the invitation to join them both; that had been the easy part "What do you want to know?" she expected the usual things, where she'd been from, details about he family - if any of them were left. They were familiar questions and Sionann could usually cope with answering them; even the ones which were much more complicated or just painful to provide a reply.

"Well...umm...if he wanted to wear them - I guess he could but, I've no idea how he'd look in them" she admitted honestly, flushing just a little at the rather strange and unexpected question.

Offline W'um

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2017, 07:58:47 PM »
"Oh, well, whatever you want to tell me." W'um continued in answer to the candidate, "Where you've been and where you want to be, that sort of thing."

Who searched you? Liramyth asked, politely extending the comment to all those in the conversation, so that no one was left out.

W'um didn't care about how many brothers or sisters she had, he cared about whether she knew or cared what they were doing. The blue rider also wasn't interested in hearing about her candidates chores, but what she thought about being a candidate.

W'um couldn't hold in the belly-deep laugh that burst from him as the flush spread across Sionann's face. It truly was adorable, and the mental image he had of himself wearing short riding leathers was to die for. "I think I might show up to drills one day in a specially tailored pair of short shorts."

Please never do that.

He had to wipe tears from his eyes at the thought. Imagine if he showed up to the Weyrhall in them? The look on the Jungle Riders faces would be impressive.

You're going to ruin my image. The Weyrbrats won't respect me anymore if you wear those things.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 08:00:47 PM by W'um »

Prairie Searchrider

Offline Yinaya

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2017, 11:49:21 AM »
Candidates always blushed way too easily for Yinaya to think they were anything other than children. Some really were.  The girl’s answer to Yinaya’s question had her laughing though. “I think W’um would look magnificent in a pair of shorts that showed off his strong legs, eh?” Then, she surveyed the other Rider critically. “I actually have a pair of shorts you might be able to wiggle your ass into.”

When W’um asked his boring questions, Yinaya dramatically yawned and leaned against him like she really might be tired. “Everyone already knows where everyone has been. The same runnershit everyone else came from. Hardly a fair question, W’um.” Yinaya studied the candidate before she perked up a little. “How about a better question. Who have you been eye ballin’ now that you’re a candidate?”

Offline Sionann

• View Profile

• She/Her/Hers
  • turns old
  • candidate.png
  • Tavi
  • Wren
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2017, 11:13:39 AM »
"I don't actually remember. It happened during the move and so many other things were going on if I'm honest but...yeah, it was a surprise. I'm not sure if my parents were happy but they've settled into the idea I guess" she shrugged.

As much as she wanted to remained positive Sionann wasn't sure really how to describe her family, it had been hard on them - well everyone had hard luck and hard times when first coming here. She knew that her brother had found it particularly hard when they'd had to leave the Dolphin hall and everything.

Sionann elected not to dwell on her past, it just wasn't her way at all "Have you Searched many candidates?" she asked, deciding to try her luck with the friendly and handsome blue dragon, she didn't chat with many and had always relished the chance to do so.

"Well...I can say it would make drills more exciting but wouldn't it be uncomfortable for dragon riding?" Sionann had paid attention in her classes, even as each clutch happened and she was left standing the sands alone Sionann still hadn't completely given up.

Offline W'um

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2017, 03:54:11 AM »
I wouldn't say I've search many, no. But everyone I've ever searched has impressed. The blue dragon's interest in the candidate was making W'um think that he was a little bit jealous that someone else had got to her before him.

Come on Lira, she's already been searched. But he knew it wouldn't stop his blue, he enjoyed keeping an eye on candidates. They were the only things that he remembered after all, thanks to his wonderful dragon memory.

W'um grinned at both of the women next to him, and slapped himself on a threadscored thigh. "There's not much more roughness that can be added to these babies. I little bit of dragon-chafe will be worth it for the shorts."

He sighed melodramatically. "Fiiiiiine... Sionann, you better answer her question now, otherwise she'll complain that is was my boring questions that made you seize up."

Prairie Searchrider

Offline Yinaya

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2017, 12:08:22 PM »
Yinaya elbowed W’um with good nature, and even added a scowl for dramatic effect. “It was your boring question that she got caught up on. Look at the poor girl. Talking about runnershit she’s probably already said like a hundred times. It’s far more fun to talk about tumbling about in bed furs and the fun things you do when you’re not actually being chased about by Wingleaders. Or in her case, Candidatemasters.” Just in case Sionann thought she was getting away with not answering, Yinaya wanted her to know she had not.

For good effect, Yinaya stretched her own leg next to W’um’s so they might compare thread scars. “Psht, it looks like you were barely touched,” she teaches, squeezing W’um’s knee playfully.

Yinaya glanced up at the Candidate. “I mean, O’sir himself isn’t too bad to look at. How old is he now? Twenty? Twenty-five? Why does it seem all the riders around us are babies too?” she teased.

Offline Sionann

• View Profile

• She/Her/Hers
  • turns old
  • candidate.png
  • Tavi
  • Wren
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2017, 08:29:48 AM »
She was going to be a terrible disappointment to the pair of them "I've not actually eyed up anyone, I tend to spend a lot of my spare time helping at the Healers Hall" Sionann shrugged "...it's not really worked out in the past" both in terms of the experience as much as the fall-out, ensuring it wasn't anything that Sionann wanted to repeat any time in the near future.

"And umm O'sir is older than that...I'm pretty sure" otherwise he'd be a lot closer to her in age, in fact Sionann would be the elder - not something she could picture. Even if each new Turn was starting to show more and more that she was running out of time to Impress so the blue;s rather casual comment had a small ache begin in her heart. She wanted more than anything else to Impress and yet every single time Sionann was left standing on the sands all alone.

She watched the riders comparing scars "What do they feel like?" she'd seen her share of them but hadn't ever felt confident enough to ask that sort of question before now.

Offline W'um

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2017, 12:18:21 AM »
W'um laughed at Yinaya's comment, "Ah, I see Yinaya, you're at the age when everyone younger is automatically 20, I remember those days." He gave dramatic sigh and grinned at her. "Sionann might as well be anywhere between 15 turns and 35 for me, I have no clue anymore."

His facial expression stilled at Sionann's words. "What do you mean honey? If any boy, or girl, no judgement, has given you a hard time about having sex with them, point them out to me and I'll stick it to them. Sex is nice, but it's not everything. It should be good, not a chore." He put a hand to his heart. "Take it from someone who hasn't had sex in a very long time." He smiled, the skin around his eyes crinkling.

He shrugged. "Eh. You get used to the scoring after a while, doesn't really hurt much for me anymore. It just looks different."

Prairie Searchrider

Offline Yinaya

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2017, 09:59:26 AM »
Yinaya made a confused face. “You mean the weyr isn’t full of twenty-something turn olds?” she answered before grinning.  While it was a joke, everyone certainly did seem so young as of late. There were too few by way of older riders. Present company and her brother in particular. She leaned back against W’um as she turned her attention back to the adorable candidate.

Yinaya couldn’t even remember being that young and innoncent. So full of hope and that sweet fear of whether or not she’d impress. For Yinaya, it’d not been a question of if she’d impress. She needed to. Every single Candidate was needed, every Rider vital to the survival of Pern.

I don’t like it when you think about the Pass, the Green remarked.

So Yinaya put it out of her mind and looked back to the present. She scoffed. “You’re not tumbling with the right people, sweet thing. It should be fun. We didn’t make it this far for you not to be smiling when I ask you about such things, hm?”

Yinaya didn’t comment about her threadscores. Not because she was self conscious about them or anything – quite the opposite. But the brought up memories that upset her dragon. Rantasyth didn’t fly because of injuries they’d sustained and didn’t like it when Yinaya thought about it. W’mu had answered for them – she saw no need to add to it.

Offline Sionann

• View Profile

• She/Her/Hers
  • turns old
  • candidate.png
  • Tavi
  • Wren
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2017, 06:43:15 AM »
If she could have gotten any more red in her blushing now would have been the time. Sionann had experienced the whole messy business on one solitary occasion and she had absolutely no real need or desire to repeat that being the case. Although it had been more the anger of her father afterwards that had made her decide on avoiding it.

Since coming here Sionann knew the option was there but equally no-one had really attracted her attention "I guess so. I'd prefer to avoid any more chores" she smiled at W'um and licked her lips as Yinaya went on about her own attitude towards the subject "I'm sure the rest of the candidates are no less happy with their tumbles in my absence from the activity" Sionann definitely did view herself as being a successful or skilled lover - she'd not had the experience for that to be the case.

"Is that really true? You forget?" would she ever know it to learn to forget? That was something no one was prepared to predict at the moment.

Offline W'um

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2017, 01:38:28 AM »
W'um liked Yinaya, and so was quite happy to have her lean back against him, nodding when Yinaya seemed to echo his statement about Sionann's love life. Maybe he could go find someone that could teach her the ropes, convince them of how nice she was and that it would be worth their while.

"Practice makes perfect, Sionann, that's all I'm gonna say." He shrugged, cocking his head when she asked her question.

"Hmmm... I'm not sure you actually ever forget, you just... move on. It gets real tiring if you can't at least try to move on from it." The pass sucked, and it sucked to dwell on it. Whilst his threadscores were a reminder, he in no way forgot about it, he just chose to not let it colour his every thought.

Prairie Searchrider

Offline Yinaya

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2017, 07:39:27 AM »
Yinaya was quite comfortable against W’um. She couldn’t help but snort a laugh when he remarked that practice made perfect. Even during the Pass, Riders were ensuring they got enough practice. Seemed a thing that not even Threadfall could stop.

She was so caught up in the amusement of that sheer thought that she almost missed what W’um added about his scarring and the Pass. Which was expressly accurate. “The Pass belongs in the past,” Yinaya added sweetly, but all too seriously. “The present should be enjoyed, especially by the likes of someone as young as you. You’ve an entire brilliant, beautiful future ahead of you. No thread, sweetheart. Sure, there will always be challenges and all that,” Yinaya rambled, waving a hand as she closed her eyes. The picture of relaxation. “But as far as I’m concerned, the future is quite lovely. As lovely as you sure are,” Yinaya added, opening one eye to peer at Sionann with a playful smile.

“Now don’t make W’um and I play matchmaker here. Cause we’ve got nothing but time to do that very thing.” Wouldn’t that be fun?

OOC Recent

[Today at 02:22:47 PM]

[Today at 05:59:14 AM]

[May 21, 2017, 10:57:18 AM]

[May 21, 2017, 05:37:32 AM]

[May 20, 2017, 07:42:52 PM]

[May 20, 2017, 03:49:47 PM]

[May 20, 2017, 03:46:27 PM]

[May 20, 2017, 03:38:00 PM]

[May 20, 2017, 02:11:36 PM]

[May 20, 2017, 10:06:16 AM]

by Kit
[May 20, 2017, 09:23:42 AM]

by Kit
[May 20, 2017, 09:20:55 AM]

[May 20, 2017, 02:04:11 AM]

[May 19, 2017, 07:00:51 PM]

Open Threads

If you have any open threads and you'd like them listed, let us know.
In-Depth Character Prompts - For SOLO Threads

Don'tcha Just Hate It When... - 21.6.2589 x Seaphonellqua

Just Teasing - 1.9.2589 x Nishi

Death by Boredom - 32.10.2589 x Callista

Weyrling Shenanigans - 5.1.2590 x Weyrlings

Sunbaking - 15.1.2590 x W'um

Klah and Long Nights - 23.1.2590 x Isotarïne

Sun and Sarcasm - 13.3.2590 x B'lye

Breakfast Delivery - 15.3.2590 x K'eeda

In the Radiant Sun - 15.3.2590 x T'lor

Three Cheers to Sweet Isolation - 17.3.2590 x Penderton

Napping on a Wher - 18.3.2590 x Sarinea