Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: We're back in business! With new events and a new skin, we hope you like the rejuvenated site.

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
4.2590 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every 4 or 5 OOC days. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Flits here, as well as whers.  There are Candidate events and classes and Crafter plots. A little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!
 photo OOCChat_zpseb6e942b.png
Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a unique colored name here.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, semi-canon Pern set beyond the 9th Pass with an altered time line. This means things have been shaken up quite a bit. We also feature 2 mutations of dragons, with roles and positions available for just about anyone. We like active players and creative writers. Even if you're new to Pern, don't hesitate. We're happy to help you get settled in!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Only without the watchers [ 01.04.2590, Evening ] || B'nyn  (Read 235 times)

Offline S'bok

Only without the watchers [ 01.04.2590, Evening ] || B'nyn
« on: January 23, 2017, 11:36:42 AM »
He couldn't put his finger exactly on why he felt so restless. There was a sensation of extra energy that he was conscious of being present but couldn't otherwise manage to actively remove and he had tried. S'bok was hardly the sort of man who welcomed or encouraged any suggestion of weakness in his person - mostly because so many of the other older riders already judged him harshly or simply dismissed much of what he said or attempted to do. It was a frustrating fact, this not quite insubordination.

They will learn the wisdom of listening to you in time. Or they will grow to old and no longer be of any importance - as long as they are obeying, that is why matters the warm connection between the two of them, the sharing that had helped S'bok grow into the present confident individual (mostly) he was today had him smiling.

It was an actual smile, rather than the far more common baring of his teeth in the direction of someone else. S'bok was not and likely never would be much of a people person You are right. I just wish I could see respect instead of scoffing judgement in their expressions - they are all so stubborn and it irritated him.

Could this be why he felt so energetic and tense all at the same time?

He was certainly no healer or even someone with the experience to be sure of that. Pacing in his own Weyr for a while longer, S'bok knew it would only get worse but he was also aware that he wasn't sure of how exactly to alter that from being the case - perhaps getting out I am here, mine and it was tempting to consider flying off - perhaps if he vanished they would start to see and understand all the good he did? S'bok wasn't sure it was anything more than an angry idea but it had its brief appeal just the same.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 11:45:06 PM by S'bok »

Offline B'nyn

Re: Only without the watchers [ 01.04.2590, Evening ] || B'nyn
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 11:45:08 AM »
You should go see him, the Brown suggested for the third time that day. The third. For both the dragon and the Rider, that was excessive. Bordering on too much and mildly annoying.

B’nyn, for all his mental anguish at his annoying dragon, was sitting in his weyr oiling his riding straps. Again. Rechecking and smoothing the leather, ensuring it was supple and ready to go should Thread start falling from the sky at any moment. //S’bok is weyrleader. I can’t just go pestering him all the time,// B’nyn reminded his dragon. Again. For the third time.

Niskyleth shifted on the ledge and rolled his head a little to the side, watching his Rider with mild amusement. B’nyn could feel the emotion radiating from the Brown dragon. He’s still your friend. I don’t know why you worry so much, he reminded before doing as he always did – acting out for his Rider. B’nyn was so mild mannered, so work focus, that sometimes the man forgot he should interact with people they’d grown up with. Sure, Neisoth was Weyrleader. He was mated to a Gold. But it wasn’t like Niskyleth was going to go bothering Kalestath.

Just the dragon he’d been born with. Neisoth? Is S’bok busy? Normally the Brown would’ve just touched his mind to S’bok’s but that was… not something one did to the Weyrleader. Even if they were friends. Even if they’d gone through training together.

Spoiler for OOC:
You wanna set this in the evening? ^_^ If so, just add the time to your thread title.

Offline S'bok

Re: Only without the watchers [ 01.04.2590 ] || B'nyn
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 11:49:45 PM »
If by busy you are referring to pacing a groove in the floor, then yes. Otherwise no, why? he responded to his clutch-mate easily enough but then Neisoth had never had an issue with talking to anyone when he had the mood to do so. After all why should he be worried over whom he spoke with? Added to which this was a friend as well as clutch-mate, so even more important.

He waited for a reply, Neisoth paying attention to his riders mood - heading south at speed - as well as the tumbled jumble of his thoughts at the same time.

Offline B'nyn

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 01:49:41 AM »
Niskyleth answered readily, It’s been some time since our Riders have seen one another. Mine is restless. The Brown added, Perhaps they should see one another? Ever the social coordinator for B’nyn.

Who didn’t know this was happening at all.

B’nyn had moved on to combing over his Riding leathers. They didn’t need any work, they never did. Not with Velatha ever attending to his clothes now. But still. He liked to be thorough and he was bored.

Offline S'bok

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 03:12:05 AM »
Shifting the bulk of his weight ever so slightly Neisoth considered the rather casual comment Do you want me to suggest it to him or simply have an accidental meeting? he might not the standard view when to came to being the dragon in charge but no one could accuse Neisoth of being stupid.

Mine. You need fresh air, it will help clear your head he connected to the mind of his rider and made the suggestion without waiting for how Niskyleth would chose to respond to his question Why don't you go out and see how lovely the day has become S'bok tilted his head slightly to one side as he listened to what his dragon was saying Are you really suggesting I go for a wander? You're in a stranger mood than I am...but fine, I'll come out admire you glorious self the mental voice was in a tone S'bok never really used in his spoken one. It was playful, light and gently teasing as well.

You can show me the way the light is on your wings or whatever it is this time he remarked, heading for the exit and out towards where his dragon was roosting.

S'bok is going to come outside, so your bonded can join him there..accidental meeting arranged he stated to his clutch-mate.

Offline B'nyn

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 03:32:24 AM »
Niskyleth was glad for Neisoth’s set up. B’nyn was being difficult. Both restless and a workaholic, getting his Rider to do anything for his own good was oftentimes a pain. So, in a huff, the Brown lifted his head and directed to his Rider, Go outside. It wasn’t a suggestion. Rather, he made himself sound annoyed by B’nyn’s presence. Not that he was.

B’nyn quit looking over his riding gear for the third time and glanced over at his dragon, who matched his gaze. They stared at one another for the longest moment before B’nyn huffed in kind, much like his dragon had, and stood to do just that. Maybe a walk would be good. B’nyn was so pent up with the state of the weyr, about Velatha and her family, that he didn’t know what to do with himself. The very last thing he wanted was their opinion of dragon riders to get any worse but the entire Weyr seemed to be fated to ruin that.

Just as he got outside, B’nyn spied Neisoth. The large Black dragon was hard to miss. There wasn’t another in the Weyr his size and besides, B’nyn had gone through weyr training oiling that hide too. He knew it almost as well as he knew Niskyleth’s. //You set me up,// he accused his dragon without any animosity. He fully expected to see S’bok. They’d just been talking about him, after all. //He’s going to think I have an ulterior motive//

Or that you’re just in love, the Brown happily suggested.

B’nyn scowled at nothing in particular for a moment before he made his way toward Neisoth. How long had it really been? “You’re still as handsome as when you’d first hatched,” he said by way of greeting to the Black Dragon.

Offline S'bok

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 03:42:26 AM »
Whether or not S'bok would believe it some sort of unrequited love was a debate for another time or place; it certainly wouldn't cross his mind even as he caught sight of one of the very few individuals in the whole Weyr that he would consider calling friend "B'nyn? You restless as well? And flattery will as always get you everywhere when it comes to this fellow" he stated, turning to look very fondly at the dominating black hide of his beloved Neisoth.

Yes, I am the dragon agreed wholeheartedly with the sentiment of the comment. He definitely had no issue with receiving praise and there was the additional pleasure of knowing that he had arranged this meeting between the two men.

Offline B'nyn

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 03:47:30 AM »
B’nyn bowed awkwardly to his old friend. It felt weird doing so, but he still wanted S’bok to know that he was both happy that he’d won Weyrleader and that B’nyn wasn’t about to disrespect him just because they were friends. After he straightened, B’nyn smiled just a fraction. “Yeah, I seem to remember that you both had a weakness to it.” He approached Neisoth with a familiarity born of time, running his hand along the Black’s hide for only a moment before he realized that maybe he was overstepping and let his hand drop to his side.

Then, awkwardly, he asked, “How have you been?” B’nyn, and S’bok, were terrible with feelings. Or at least had been. B’nyn still struggled with expressing himself but, well, with the turmoil of the weyr lockdown surely S’bok had far more stress to deal with than B’nyn, just a wingrider, ever would.

Offline S'bok

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 04:11:16 AM »
It was strange to seen B'nyn to him. Though it was also good to know that at least someone was willing to show the respect that he was owed as the Wingleader; not that S'bok would say that out loud.

He was often frustrated sufficiently by the subtle ways so many of the other riders - especially the older ones - disrespected him pretty much all the time. S'bok was rather fed up of them; he didn't object to the other rider choosing to touch Neisoth, instead watching as the large black swung his head around to look at his friend.

Neisoth would have said outright if he didn't want it. Added to which S'bok didn't mind trusting his friend to approach and touch his dragon. The pair of them had been through enough that some closeness and assumptions could be taken that wouldn't be allowed with anyone else.

"I don't know. Not really. I mean..." he shrugged "There is a lot more than I expected in the role but I'm coping - that is about as good as it gets, what about you?" he wouldn't admit to failure or weakness but he could admit to struggling...well to B'nyn at least.

Offline B'nyn

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 04:54:23 AM »
B’nyn glanced up at Neisoth. It was hard to forget just how big he’d gotten. He still remembered when the Black dragon had been small – small enough to fit in a weyr with both S’bok and Niskyleth. That was some time ago, though. Now there was no way any part of the Black Dragon was fitting in the wey except a very large ledge made for him. And his mate, B’nyn supposed.

The Brown Rider turned his attention to his friend when S’bok fumbled with his answer. Never a good sign.  A turn and some months into being weyrleader – his second Flight already won. B’nyn was, in a way, proud of S’bok. He’d grown a lot since they’d met and though many might not have a lot of faith in the Black pair, B’nyn certainly did. “I couldn’t even imagine,” he admitted. With all the turmoil as a result of the lockdown, how could B’nyn begin to understand what S’bok must be going through? He’d thought he’d had problems with Velatha and her crafter family… S’bok had an entire weyr judging him. Had the entire weyr judging him since the moment of impression. Thinking Neisoth was going to die before maturity, thinking they’d never amount to anything.

“I… uhm…” B’nyn hesitated, turning back to Neisoth. It was easier to watch the dragon. “Well. Ya know. I met someone. So. There’s that,” he answered lamely.

Offline S'bok

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2017, 05:48:45 AM »
Anything, literally anything at all that wasn't about spending thinking about his own problems was the sort of arrangement that he could get on board with and straight away. S'bok wasn't keen to spend his time moping about on matters he couldn't change, yet and B'nyn clearly had news that was a lot better to hear and speak about made a whole lot more sense.

He might come across as sarcastic and uncaring - in fact, most of the time this was true - but S'bok was capable of being interested in those who were important to him. Not to mention that he had few enough friends to start tossing them away or around "Really? You're seeing who? Do I know them?" well it was likely that he did, eventually S'bok expected to meet pretty much everyone in the Weyr in some capacity now he was Weyrleader and doubtless end up being hated just as much by them as those who he had already met.

Offline B'nyn

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2017, 06:05:00 AM »
B’nyn was terrible about talking. Especially when it came to Velatha. He actually blushed hotly, thankful he was looking at Neisoth, before nodding. “Oh, yeah. I mean, we’ve been seeing one another for a bit now but, with all this madness going around in the Weyr…” He only then looked at S’bok. “I’m not sure you’d know her.” There was no reason for S’bok to. Velatha was a crafter, an apprentice weaver. If she’d ever have cause to meet S’bok, surely B’nyn would’ve heard about it.

Though S’bok probably knew of her Dragon Rider hating family. “She’s a weaver. Apprentice right now. Her family is… well, you can imagine right now, yeah? Don’t know if they even know about me.” He shrugged, but finally having said it aloud, and to S’bok no less, made B’nyn feel especially foolish. B’nyn was never the ‘normal’ Rider. He’d participated in a handful of Flights, but beyond that, B’nyn had a particular taste when it came to women.

And then, because he wasn’t paying attention to what he was saying, B’nyn asked, “How are you and the Weyrwoman?” Only after the words were out did he apologize. “Ah, I mean, if you can talk about it. I’m sorry.”

Offline S'bok

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2017, 06:36:53 AM »
"You do like to make a rod for yourself, don't you?" he shook his head. S'bok couldn't imagine picking a less suitable woman but B'nyn had always been the sort of man who went his own way, it was actually one of the qualities that made him that much more comfortable in spending time with him in the first place.

S'bok shook his head slowly "...yes, I can imagine" You don't need a large brush for that one, could it make problems down the line? he knew that S'bok was thinking along those lines Well..it might but we can talk about it later he replied, silent and thoughtful. Even if he wasn't actually about to say it out loud to what amounted to his best friend "Does...if she makes you happy then shards to the rest of it" he'd deal with the mess, if he had to You're doing to much again his dragon would of course point that out.

"I'm not sure talking about it would ...well do anything, it's complicated - that is the best word I have for it" he took his time answering. Still, not completely sure there were any better ones.

Offline B'nyn

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2017, 09:58:21 AM »
B’nyn hated when he rambled, and he tended to do so when he spoke about Velatha. Or to her. She flustered him in the best way possible. He had told S’bok she was a weaver, and apprentice, twice now. Three times? Who was counting.

I can keep track for you should you like, the Brown offered.

//Shut up,// B’nyn though somberly.

He glanced at S’bok and actually smiled a little at his friend’s remarks. Leave it to the first Black Rider to say shards on the rest of it if he was happy. That seemed to be S’bok’s take on life, though all things considering it wasn’t a bad one to have. “I think I’m taking a lesson from you and doing just that. So long as she’ll want to see me, I’m not sure I can say no to her.” That was the truth of it. B’nyn could care less how her family felt – he wasn’t a Holdbred boy who needed her family’s approval. It’d just make life easier.

When S’bok remarked about the Weyrwoman, B’nyn was legitimately curious. How did someone like S’bok, who B’nyn had trained and impressed along side with, get along with Halirina? The Weyrwoman seemed more like a figurehead than a person to B’nyn, but only because he just didn’t know her. She was as impersonal as her dragon – a rank and idea to him. “Do you… do you get along with her?” Was he even allowed to ask that? Did it matter? B’nyn wanted S’bok to be happy, so he felt like it mattered.

Offline S'bok

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2017, 10:39:05 AM »
As he had rather driven the point home about her role within the weyr, and that was really where all the issues where going to end up coming from if he truly elected to proceed with this relationship. S'bok couldn't really call him out on it though. Not if the woman worked for him.

Well he could but that didn't mean he would. That was a whole other thing and S'bok figured that he could hold off until he actually had the problem (if it happened) up and slam him in the face. Probably not the best kind of resolution but that was the one he was going to work with for the time being. Especially as B'nyn was on a really short list of people who could tolerate for any extended period of time.

"You mean, do we fuck?" he questioned and snorted out. He also didn't actually answer.

Offline B'nyn

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2017, 06:55:58 PM »
B’nyn had certainly not meant to ask if he and Halirina were sleeping together. The Brown Rider’s eyes went wide and he actually paled when S’bok asked the very blunt question. “I… No, I mean… Uhm. That’s not… Ah… I’m sorry, that’s … If you… Erm.” He stumbled over everything that came out of his mouth because he wasn’t sure what on Pern he should be saying to that question.

Did S’bok want to talk about it? Because, as his friend, B’nyn felt like he should lend an ear if he did. But at the same time, it was the weyrwoman and even hearing the question had B’nyn falling all over himself trying to  figure out how to address it without being crass or obnoxious. “Erm. I… Ah…” he still struggled with how to process the question.

S’bok had broken the Brown Rider.

Offline S'bok

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2017, 07:34:23 AM »
"If I'd know all it would take is the mention of a fuck to have your sputtering like a virgin bride on her wedding day..." he shook his head slowly from side to side. Endlessly amused by it all "Don't worry you can stop picturing my bare ass...or Halirina's if that is the issue?" S'bok was amused but not actually cruel. Though the number of people who'd be prepared to disagree with that reality was numbering in well...lots; S'bok had never really cared about those kind of specifics.

Shaking his head he reached out and punched him on the arm lightly "Stop stumbling about. Halirina and I...it's not exactly true love or anything but we can both usually agree on doing the things that are for the good of the Weyr and the people in it" that was ultimately the only thing that he wasn't interested in or worried about. Especially in the long-term. He could cope with being judged and hated and generally disliked but he wouldn't ever willingly choose to do a bad job as the Weyrleader.

A role he was apparently going to be keeping for the foreseeable future if Neisoth continued to catch Kalestanth - which he had reassured S'bok about on several occasions.

Offline B'nyn

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2017, 10:42:19 AM »
B’nyn could manage to chat about sex sometimes. Usually in an abstract sense when no names were mentioned.  Having the thought brought up with the Weyrwoman was just too much for him. When S’bok suggested he might be picturing anyone’s bare ass, B’nyn’s eyes went as wide as they could possibly go and he tried to stammer an explanation that he was doing so such thing. For some reason, though, he was just unable to find the appropriate words. He kept combining the thought of ‘why are we talking about this’ and ‘I would never’ and it came out in odd sounds. “Why I are talking” and “ I would are about this” were two such sentences that fell out of his mouth in a rush.

If only Vela could see you now, his dragon laughed into his mind.

The light punch on the arm seemed to not only reset B’nyn, but shut him up so he could sort his thoughts. Some blood returned to his face and he blinked. Had he not done so this entire time? His eyes burned.

B’nyn rubbed at his eyes as he mumbled, “I’m glad that you seem to be able to work with her at least.” And he was. S’bok could be a stubborn person, B’nyn knew from experience, but he wasn’t sure how that would work with Halirinia. Because he didn’t know Halirina. “For whatever it’s worth, I think you’re a good Weyrleader,” B’nyn added after he’d rubbed his eyes raw and red.

Offline S'bok

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2017, 12:15:07 AM »
"It's worth something B'nyn. Though I couldn't say what exactly..." he answered and shrugged; while S'bok  was sure there were good words that would make it sound better but he had never had those kinds of skills and it wouldn't be changing anytime soon.

Still, it would be amusing if his friend had similar reactions when he was dealing with this new love, but he managed not to say that out loud. Only just though "And you're definitely in the minority for possessing that opinion. Halirina doesn't appear to have that view of me or my role as Weyrleader" there were were more than a few times when S'bok had been utterly convinced that she would have literally preferred anyone at all to him being the victor when her gold flew.

"But that doesn't matter when it comes to doing the job" he pointed out, not wanting to suggest the pair of them couldn't swallow it down and get on with the business of leading the Weyr.

Offline B'nyn

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2017, 11:17:44 AM »
B’nyn was loyal to a fault. They’d become friends during their time as weyrlings and it’d take the Red Star crashing into Pern and crushing B’nyn before he’d sway in his loyalties. And then only because he’d be dead. Though it was a bit disheartening for him to hear that Halirina didn’t quite have as much faith in S’bok. Granted, he was a bit… younger… than she was.

But he wasn’t one to judge her either. What did B’nyn know about leadership? All he could offer was, “I guess you’ll have to prove them wrong.” Which he definitely believed S’bok could do.

He gestured to Neisoth and, in the spirit of taking their minds off of things, asked, “Would you like help oiling him? He’s… a lot bigger than I remember.”

Offline S'bok

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2017, 12:00:16 PM »
Yes I am. And yes, you may - you have not grown the great black swung his head down to examine the two of them closely, not shy or unwilling to speak directly towards the other rider.

After all, he knew him just as well as S'bok "Apparently that is a big old yes" he looked sideways at his beloved dragon and nodded "Neisoth and I have been proving them wrong since day one" in fact, he had probably been the sole person who hadn't been shocked to find a black tumbling out.

S'bok had always been a stand-out and apart sort of person. Nothing like sticking to script as he moved forwards "Where did you want to start - I usually being at his back legs" he admitted. Not that he minded shifting around and he seriously doubted Neisoth would care about the changes when it was coming with an additional level of attention and care.

OOC Recent

[February 22, 2017, 09:28:15 PM]

[February 22, 2017, 08:25:55 PM]

by Pony
[February 22, 2017, 07:28:40 PM]

[February 22, 2017, 05:45:29 PM]

by Red
[February 22, 2017, 05:34:08 PM]

by Wren
[February 22, 2017, 01:35:44 PM]

by Wren
[February 22, 2017, 01:15:43 PM]