Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: We have four different themes for the Site, which you can change with a dropdown at the bottom. Named after the different Wings of Southern Wings Weyr : Jungle, Beach, Prairie, and Mountain.

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
8.2590 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every 4 or 5 OOC days. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Flits here, as well as whers.  There are Candidate events and classes and Crafter plots. A little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!

Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a colored name here.

Remember,
this holds no IC consequence and is only for fun.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Tavianna's Life - Family, Friends, and Business  (Read 1116 times)

Offline SanctifiedSavage

Tavianna's Life - Family, Friends, and Business
« on: January 30, 2017, 11:42:52 AM »

"We all do what must be done to survive."

Tavianna // Wher Butcher // 35

About Tavianna:
She’s a shrewd, complicated woman. Depending on who you are will determine the side of Tavianna you get. While ultimately detached largely from emotion, she goes through the motions and genuinely “cares” for her children. Everything she does is for her family – to provide for them and ensure they never go hungry or want for anything if she can help it. Tavianna isn’t a woman who expresses her love with words, but with action. While love is an odd word for her, she is fiercely loyal to her husband and does whatever she can to be a very good wife to him. You’ll not find a more devout wife. To those that work for her, or with her, she’s a competent and hard worker.

Just don’t lie to her. Tavianna can be cruel and mean. Compassionless and merciless. Those outside her circle of trust that have no value to her are given less thought than the wher she butchers.

Wanted Family:
Notkerric – Husband Played by laceface

Nycolus – First born son 2568. Played by Kyya.

Tresrissa – Oldest and only daughter, born 2571. Played by Inki

Nealros – Youngest son, born 2575.Played by Drewliet

Remmerra - Older sister of Tavianna
Born 2548 ( 42 ), Wife of Elrethir ( B: 2543 D: 2586 Master Smither ) , mother of 9 children. Suggested Play By Bhagyashree. Has a Bronze wher, Remmesk.

Remmerra, much like her younger sister, was raised to be a proper Holder woman and wife. She shares her mother’s fine features and married well – to a talented Smith who was several turns older than her but treated her well. Elrethir was a strict husband and fair father, but worked to keep his family fed and safe during the Catastrophe. He never approved of Tavianna’s work and kept their family largely separate until his untimely death due to Thread toward the end of 2586. Having no one to rely on and nowhere else to go, Remmerra turned to her younger sister for help.

Tavianna has idly helped and supported Remmerra and her children when it hasn’t been to the detriment of her own family. She supplied Remmerra with a wher to help keep her family safe, has ensured they’re all clothed and fed, and eventually had Remmerra learn rudimentary leather work so she can help with the wher hide. Sadly enough, Elrethir’s death has brought the two family’s closer together though both women are largely responsible for, and maintain their own, household.

1st Child Born 2560
2nd Child Born 2562 - Elrethra Apped by Inki
3rd Child Born 2565
4th Child Born 2567
5th Child Born 2569
6th Child Born 2571 - Remmalthira Apped by Beasty
7th Child Born 2575
8Th Child Born 2577
9th Child Born 2579 - Elremmiria Apped by RavenFlame
Note about Children - Would like more traditional geared children at this point. Hit me with a PM if you're interested.

Wanted Business Associates:
Wher Fighters
A couple of Holders in the wher fighting ring who were pretty good at it would’ve found Tavianna as a patron or business associate. They’d probably have mean, rough wher in their different size classes. Which means anyone with a wher in any color can fulfill this role. The wher fights would’ve been between the same color, I.E. a green vs a green not a bronze vs a green. There’s no sport in that. So particularly violent or lonely holders who might need a business associate to ‘back’ them in a wher fighting ring. She’ll also provide them with a new wher should theirs die.

Wher Breeder / Butcher
Tavianna doesn’t work alone – that’d be impossible. While there is no formal Wher Butcher Hall, their occupation is heavily looked down on no matter how much it was needed. Because of this general disdain, most Butchers and Breeders work together. So, if you’d like to make a fellow Breeder that she works with, that’d be awesome too. The only requirement for this is that they have a Gold Wher.
Current: Arrobella

Hired Hands
By 2575, Tavianna has started establishing herself as a talented Butcher. This also means she’d start making “friends” to help ensure that the favors, services, or whatever she’s getting in exchange for wher meat is carried out. The ‘Hired Hands’ she has would be few, but they’d be close friends she trusts. Think of them as ‘enforcers’ for her business. She’d ensure they were well fed, their family had food within reason, but she’d want them to do any of the rougher things for her if someone fell through on a deal as well as protect her own business interests.
Current: Ophyonis, Daresik

Questions?
If any of these characters grab your interest or you’re curious about anything, just ask. <3

Characters created for this wanted ad should be adoptable.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 05:25:25 PM by SanctifiedSavage »

Offline laceface

Re: Tavianna's Life - Family, Friends, and Business
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 12:04:37 PM »
Tentative interest in Notkerric... I'll get a journal posted in a few days and we'll see where this goes!

Me: You don't need another character.
Also me: ADOPT ALL THE THINGS  :shock:

Offline Drewliet

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 02:10:51 PM »
Tentatively going to try to start working on Nealros tonight. Playby of Gryphon O'shea, but I can change that if you don't feel it fits your picture of her family. I'm thinking cowardly son that participates in wherfights, his current champion his trusty Brown that is a bit like a bulldog in how steadfast and dogged he is. He's lost other whers over the few years he's been fighting, even willingly given them up to slaughter if the need was great. He'll be married and weirdly devout to his wife, as long as she does what he asks. Lemme know if you have further thoughts or want to change anything <3

Offline SanctifiedSavage

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 02:14:40 PM »
@laceface
You totally need Notkerric in your life.

@Drewliet
I think the playby is awesome and I love the idea you have for him so far.

Offline Kyya

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 03:06:18 PM »
Tavianna's sons: "The Wher Fighters"

Offline Spiffy

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 04:08:18 PM »
*claims a spot as Wher Breeder* Arrobesk's hellspawn would make good fighting babies! Plus, y'know, she totally owes Tavi big time ;)

Offline SanctifiedSavage

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 04:52:43 PM »
Added her, Spiffy. <3 We'll get a thread up at some point, after my weekend stuff has calmed.

Offline Aster

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 07:41:28 AM »
I'm posting this to hold myself accountable and actually do it! There's also a niece, Taylina, daughter of one of Tavianna's sisters. Have to figure out if she has a wher or not and what color (any thoughts) but she exists, theoretically. :P

Offline SanctifiedSavage

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 12:23:14 PM »
I just updated this. It looks like just business associates and the like available at present. And Tressie's husband.

Offline SanctifiedSavage

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2017, 08:28:26 PM »
I updated this for Tavianna's older sister. <3

Offline RavenFlame

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2017, 04:39:52 PM »
So I have half a desire to take Remmerra's 9th child. An 11 year old girl. I was thinking either Isabelle Fuhrman or Emma Fuhrmann (Which I am not sure, but may be related. xD). But I am making this tentative. I have half an idea at the moment.

Offline SanctifiedSavage

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2017, 04:55:09 PM »
Tavianna's playby is Lebanese, if that's any help. So having that sort of coloration would always be a plus. Since I always sort of imagined her family looking close to that. Of course they don't have to, since her children don't exactly since Notkerric doesn't. XD

Offline Dashin

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2017, 05:07:57 PM »
Was poking at the idea of a gold wherhandler the other day who could fall into the wherbreeder category for Tavi if it worked out. The PB I had in mind is fairly young though; character would be early-mid 20s, and i wasn't 100% sure that would work for your plans/wants.

Offline SanctifiedSavage

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2017, 05:33:51 PM »
Were you thinking of making it a gold handler? If my math looks about right, she'd have been roughly 12ish in 2582, and that's when Tavianna started kicking off her business and it became quite profitable. If you want it to be a breeder that worked with Tavianna at that point, sure, but I'm not sure how much pull said breeder would have at that point being so young.

Offline Dashin

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2017, 09:31:52 PM »
I could definitely make her older if you feel that would be a better fit; the FC is 29, she just looks younger. I haven't developed the character much beyond that because I was super torn about what I wanted to do with her. 8D

Offline SanctifiedSavage

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2017, 05:36:23 PM »
I believe this is up to date.  :love:

Online Inki

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2017, 05:14:49 PM »
Looking to app Remmerra child no. 2 (2562) as a Healer

*If a healer is on the table for this family. I realise now that the others are all holders, but with the father being a crafter I assumed some of the children could be too. If not, then just ignore me :P

Offline SanctifiedSavage

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2017, 05:53:35 PM »
Healer is good

Offline SanctifiedSavage

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2017, 05:26:09 PM »
Should be up to date now.  :love: Lemme know if I'm missing something.

OOC Recent

[Today at 08:07:30 PM]

[Today at 01:19:00 PM]

[Today at 11:59:48 AM]

[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

[October 15, 2017, 06:37:34 PM]

[October 15, 2017, 04:23:28 PM]

[October 15, 2017, 11:53:01 AM]

[October 15, 2017, 11:34:49 AM]

[October 15, 2017, 11:14:03 AM]

[October 15, 2017, 10:45:27 AM]

by Inki
[October 15, 2017, 02:08:55 AM]

[October 14, 2017, 11:13:44 PM]

[October 14, 2017, 06:59:49 PM]

by Inki
[October 13, 2017, 10:18:23 PM]

[October 13, 2017, 06:08:54 PM]

Open Threads

If you have any open threads that aren't listed, let us know.
In-Depth Character Prompts - For SOLO Threads

Don'tcha Just Hate It When... - 21.06.2589 x Seaphonellqua

Just Teasing - 01.09.2589 x Nishi

Death by Boredom - 32.10.2589 x Callista

Klah and Long Nights - 23.01.2590 x Isotarïne

In the Radiant Sun - 15.03.2590 x T'lor

Three Cheers to Sweet Isolation - 17.03.2590 x Penderton

Napping on a Wher - 18.03.2590 x Sarinea

Coryza - 20.03.2590 x Vanelwynne

Now It's a Party! - 07.04.2590 x B'lye

Dragon's Dance - 08.05.2590 x Bekareni

Evening Showers - 11.05.2590 x K'ran