Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

Required Reading
links to read before you join

Ic Info
Character information, Applications, and Adoptables

Bestiarum
The notable fauna of SWW

OOC Extras
Fun things around the forum to wittle at time between posts or links to OOC info

A comprehensive list of links to all our info

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
7.2591 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every OOC week. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Whers here, though not for firelizards.  There are Candidate events, Weyrling classes, Holder plots, and Crafthall developments -- a little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!

Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a colored name here.

Remember,
this holds no IC consequence and is only for fun.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Approved I'ryn [01.05.2574, 9th Pass] Bronzerider  (Read 1112 times)

Offline laceface

I'ryn [01.05.2574, 9th Pass] Bronzerider
« on: February 02, 2017, 10:23:19 PM »

Play By:
PAUL RUDD
Biography

First Name:
Izryn
Honorific:
I’ryn
Nicknames:
Izzy (as a child)
Date of Birth:
01.05.2574 9th Pass.
Place of Birth:
Fort Weyr
Dragon Color:
Bronze
Impression Age:
2587/13
Wing Rank:
Prairie Wingrider
Weyrmate:
Not yet?

Your Reflection...

Appearance:
I’ryn is usually scruffy. He’s got longer hair that he only cuts when absolutely necessary and stubble on his face that he trims off only when it starts to become a beard. His green eyes are his most defining feature, though his smile has also been pointed out to him as something worth noticing. His clothing is practical with nothing too fancy. His boots are finely made, his pants thick enough to protect him when he rides, and his shirts and jacket the perfect fit for whatever he needs to do. His clothes have some slight wear to them, but he does make sure to get them mended when they need it.

Response to 9th Pass Catastrophe:
He was born into it, into the weyr culture. He knew his parents were dragonriders and they fought Thread. It was kinda just...how things were. He always wanted to be a rider just because his parents and all the siblings he know of are riders. With Thread over, he's relieved that the constant panic has stopped.

Response to dragon color mutations: He's really not too sure about them. They don't fit into the structure of the weyr. He's not opposed to them, per se, but they need to prove themselves as either useful or useless before he'll form a solid opinion.

Who are you...

Fishing: I'ryn actually enjoys spending time fishing. The ocean is calming (despite the dangers that lurk there) and he enjoys spending time in the sun.

Helping Others: It’s nice, being able to do something for someone else. He’s not sure he has that many viable skills to help others, but when he can? It’s great.

Prairie Wing: I'ryn loves his wing. They're accepting of anyone and everyone, which is great for him as he's realize that he doesn't exactly live up to the expectations of his father. He might move up from the wing in the future, but for now, he's nice and happy.

Soup: Truth be told, soup isn't all that bad. It doesn't fill him as much as the meat they used to eat, but it's a quick meal and leaves him more time to relax in between drills.

The Island: The island is starting to grow on him, too. It's warm. The weyr is filling out nicely. He could do without hunters and death snakes, but otherwise, it seems like a nice place to be.

Dislikes:
People: But not in the general sense. I'ryn is fine with there being other people around him, but the moment that turns into, like five or more, he starts feeling anxious and crowded. He prefers have one or two friends that he's close to.

Drama: He realllllllly doesn't like drama. He doesn't even see a point in it, really. People in the weyr sleep around -- no need to get all twisted when a usual couple is no longer a couple. But when it comes to the holders and crafters starting drama, it makes him angry. With how much the weyr provided to the holders and all they sacrificed to keep people safe, they should be thankful. Not ungrateful.

Entitlement: I'ryn doesn't like people who act entitled. He affords every rank a specific amount of authority. For example, the clear weyr heirarchy or structure of craft halls. But if someone acts more important than their title allows, he gets frustrated. Things are structured in specific ways for a reason.

Alcohol: It makes for large crowds of people who lose their filters. Not his idea of a good time.

The jungle: it's too dark and closed in for him to maneuver in it. He just doesn't like how trapped he feels.

Strengths:

* LOGICAL : He likes to take a logical approach to everything in life. The only problem is that the logic he uses might not be what everyone else uses. In his mind, there's a specific hierarchy that has to be followed (essentially, classic weyr hierarchy, crafters, holders, with reds and blacks having not earned a place yet). Mostly any issue can be resolved by following rules of etiquette regarding this structure. Example: holders rely on riders for defense from Thread, so they pay tithes to the weyr. There's no room for error there. If something falls outside of his base logic, he does his best to think through the situation until it does make sense.

* OBSERVANT : I'ryn tends to notice things about people. He's not really sure why, but he'll see things like a slight limp caused by an old injury, or maybe some tension between two riders. He also remembers things about his close friends easily. Sometimes these tidbits come up in conversation at random times that make things seem a little bit creepy.

* TRUSTING : Once you've earned a spot in I'ryn's life, he'll trust you. His brothers and sisters get an immediate "in" to this close circle, but the dear friends there worked hard to gain his trust. (These people also will find themselves on the listening end of I'ryn's latest attempt to gain a lady's attention.)

* SYMPATHETIC : Maybe it's because I'ryn appreciates the people who listen to him, but he really doesn't mind lending an ear to anyone who needs to vent. He finds it pretty easy to sympathize with people (as long as they're riders).

* EASY-GOING : He's not high strung. Like...at all. What happens, happens. He's got plenty of time left in life -- no point in wasting all of it worrying about something he can't control.

Weaknesses:

* EMOTIONS : He really lets his emotions get the best of him, sometimes. Especially when it comes to women. I'ryn can get himself in a funk allll day over a pretty lady. Hopefully as he eases out of weyrlinghood and the rush of "I can have sex again!" wears down, his emotions will mellow out. Additionally, at sixteen, he's still developing. Maybe that has something to do with it.

* SHY : He might be trusting, but that's really only because he's so shy that people who get into his inner circle have to work their assess off to get him to open up on the first place.

* PESSIMIST : For whatever reason, he sees the bad in things. When something comes up, his first thought isn't how to make things better, it's how much this change will make life suck more.

* CLUMSY : What his dragon has in grace is balanced out by I'ryn's extreme lack of grace. He falls. He drops things a lot. He can't toss anyone anything with any remote amount of accuracy. He's like a baby dragon just hatched -- falling all over the place and knocking over everything and everyone in sight.

* NARROW-MINDED : Laid back though he is, I'ryn still lives inside a comfort zone made up of his rider status, the color of his dragon, and that he knows his place in the weyr. Change, like the mutations, is hard for him to adapt to. It'll take a lot to make this man open up to something new.

Describe Yourself:

* GENTLEMAN: ----- He’s as nice as can be to virtually anyone, with special emphasis to the women around the weyr. He does it in a bumbling, awkward way, but there are certain ways that ladies should be treated and he won’t go back on those ways.

* ROMANTIC: ----- I’ryn wants to find a pretty lady to settle down with. But, he’s not exactly the smoothest guy in the books to try and win over someone’s heart. A little clumsy with the lack of experience, his heart is in the right place, but his actions may not be the best.

* DREAMER: ----- This bronzer dreams of bigger and better things. Being like the twins, leading a wing one day, catching a pretty gold for a few turns, finding a weyrmate… All of those things are in the back of his mind like a constant daydream. He doesn’t think he has near enough skill or experience to do any of those things yet, but he’s young. Surely with time more opportunities will open up to him.

* LAID-BACK: ----- He doesn’t see himself like most other bronzers. He’s not super demanding and treats riders of the other colors fairly. As long as everyone pulls their weight, he's cool. It takes a lot to frazzle I'ryn.

* CONTENT: ----- I’ryn is pretty content with his lot in life. While he dreams of bigger and better things, he knows that they won’t be coming for a very long time, so he’s ready to stay where he’s at and just develop in the first place.

The Magic Touch: He looks up to his brothers, L'ale and L'nal, quite a bit.

Family...

Mother: Viriope, B. 2546. Impressed green Echasth in 2562. D. 2577.
Father: L'del, B. 2541. Impressed bronze Indulth in 2553.

Siblings:
Losolda, b. 2555. Impressed green Rynesth in 2567. D. 2575.
K'ton, b. 2556. Impressed brown Stroth in 2569. D. 2579.
L'ale, b. 2559. Impressed bronze Illoth in 2571.
L'nal, b. 2559. Impressed bronze Skeleeth in 2571.
S’yech, b. 2562. Impressed brown Turath in 2574. D. 2581.
Leighta, b. 2565. Impressed green Untaith in 2577. D. 2578
Risvora, b. 2566. Impressed green Wayeth in 2578. D. 2586.
K’ito, b. 2567. Impressed blue Soonoth in 2580. D. 2585.
L’ruz, b. 2568. Impressed brown Issuth in 2580. D. 2586.
K'eeda, b. 2569. Impressed blue Aeleroth in 2581.
V'ris, b. 2570. Impressed blue Ibaneth in 2584.
L’kan, b. 2571. Impressed green Kyrth in 2584.
Phaedralena, b. 2573. Impressed green Deliorath in 2586.
L'syn, b. 2574. Impressed brown Kesulaith in 2589.
Kelsiss, b. 2577. Creche.
Tandena, b. 2584. Creche.
Itrisi, b. 2588. Creche.
Skedas, b. 2589. Creche. 

Children:
Cudyn, son, b. 2587. Creche.

Tell us a story...

* 2574, 0 Born to Viriope and L’del out of a Flight. He is placed in the creche after he’s born. Neither of his parents visit often, if at all.

* 2577, 3 Viriope dies in Threadfall. Izryn doesn’t really know that he’s now missing a mother, but he gains a father in the same turn when L'del comes to visit. Here, he's introduced to another boy in the creche: Lansyn. Apparently L'del is also Lansyn's father, so the two boys become very close.

* 2578-2780, 4-6 Izryn grows up in the weyr. He’s vaguely aware of some important brothers and sisters of his, such as the twins L’ale and L’nal, and their dragonrider status. He looks up to them and wants to be like them one day. He mostly spends his days with Lannie and terrorizing his known brothers and sisters, who he also learns of due to conversations with the creche workers.

*2581, 7 His sister, Kaleeda, is Searched, and Impresses in the same Turn. He's happy for her, but sad that she won't be in the creche anymore for him to annoy.

*2582-2584, 8-10 His brother, Vanris, is Searched, then Impresses in 2584. Izryn isn't as close to him, but he's happy for him nonetheless.

*2585, 11 His sister, Phaedralena, is Searched. He only knows of her by proxy, but he tucks the name into his memory for later on in life.

* 2586, 12 Izryn is Searched with Lansyn. Both are estatic. He celebrates both their Searching and Lena's Impression this Turn.

*2587, 13 Thread ends. He moves to the island with his brother and helps set up their new home. His son, Cudyn, is born. Later in the Turn, he Impresses bronze Syrilth, the first bronze to hatch in Imyth's clutch. While completely happy with his life, he feels bad for leaving Lansyn behind with the Candidates. Once the guilt of Impression wore off, he started spending free time with his brother so he could be around a dragon, too.

*2589, 15 Graduates from weyrling training and is placed in Prairie Wing. He and Syrilth love the newfound freedom of being a rider. I'ryn is even more excited when his brother, now L'syn, Impresses.

I'ryn stared at the freshly oiled bronze laying on the stone couch, peacefully snoring in his post-meal daze. Syrilth, he thought, unable to keep a hapless grin off his face. A dragon! Of his very own! He couldn't believe his luck. And L'del had even come up to him during the Hatching Feast with a congratulations! That had made I'ryn's entire day.

There was one person whose excitement he had missed, though. Lansyn. His dear, dear brother who did everything with him. Everything except this, it would seem. I'ryn desperately wished that he and Lannie had Impressed together -- it's how the rest of their life had played out, the two of them side by side. It really wasn't fair.

But, he was lucky. He Impressed bronze, just like his brothers. And I'ryn was also sure that the small nod of acknowledgement he received from the twins was actually a thing and not a figment of his imagination. Which made this whole thing even cooler. Not only did he have a dragon, he had a bronze dragon. He knew it came with responsibility, but he could handle it.

And when Lansyn Impressed, he'd be there to help him every step of the way.

Member Info...

Created By:
lacihparg
Other Characters:
L'ren, Esclamonde, Isotarïne, Nalata, Thiis, Velatha
Inactivity Preference:
NPC
Mauling Permissions:
Rough Em' Up
Anything Else:
character bug got me

Coded by SanctifiedSavage for SWW
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 10:42:40 AM by SirAlahn »

Offline laceface

Re: I'ryn [01.05.2574, 9th Pass] Bronzerider
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 10:23:39 PM »

Image Credit:
Link to line art.
Colored by SirAlahn
Dragon Details

Name:
Syrilth
Color:
Bronze
Date of Birth:
27.06.2587 9th Interval
Place of Birth:
Southern Winds
Clutch Mother:
Kalestath
Clutch Father:
Leremith
Measurements:
Mature Length: 38m
Mature Height: 7.8m
Mature Wingspan: 63m

General Appearance...

Syrilth is a very pretty bronze who has grown into his form quite nicely. He’s a tad on the larger size, but it only serves to make him stand out more (and make more work for poor I’ryn). His hide is a nice, universal color that is unblemished, though his head knobs are slightly lighter than the rest of his body.

He’s rather different than normal bronzes in that he’s pretty relatable. He doesn’t have a superiority complex and is fine talking to any dragon of any color (even if it’s not someone I’ryn would spend time with). He also acts a little more playful at times. Overall though, he is still a leader like his color denotes.

Personality...

Mind Voice: Syrilth is an echo of his rider, I’ryn. The almost mellow tones in his voice make him seem like a very sad dragon, but he isn’t really that upset all the time.

The beach: the warm sand feels amazing against his hide, and the water sounds so peaceful and calming. He hopes that maybe he could take a full bath in it one day.

Rain: speaking of a full bath, water pouring from the sky is about as good as it can get. Monsoon season is his absolute favorite.

Meeting new people: Syrilth is a friendly dragon and likes meeting new people. He’s not hesitant to speak into the minds of others, whether it be flits, dragons, or human that aren’t his.

Dislikes:
Dry weather: while dry weather does mean more oilings (which are always nice), the pervasive dryness annoys him and makes it more difficult to breathe.

The jungle: it’s far too dark, damp, and crowded in that overgrown leaf pile for Syrilth to even think about flying in there voluntarily.

Being ignored: he’s friendly and he likes people. Someone not responding to him makes him very, very upset.

Strengths:

* STRONG-BODIED : As a larger dragon, Syrilth has the body power to do things others can’t. He can easily carry heavy loads or lots of smaller things and doesn’t stress under the weight.

* BALANCED : He’s balanced in both body and mind. His friendliness balances out I’ryn’s tendency to not talk to people; his extreme sense of balance cancels out I’ryn’s clumsiness.

Weaknesses:

* NEEDY : Syrilth likes company. He likes being talked to, or scratched, or bathed, or cuddled. So if I’ryn isn’t really paying attention to him, or another dragon ignores him, or he’s not noticed, he frets. A lot.

* OSTENTATIOUS : He’s constantly trying to show off to gain the attention of others so that he won’t be ignored. It’s a vicious cycle that doesn’t really stop. He’s not vulgar or anything, just loud in a way that screams “look at me!”

Dragon Speech Code: This is what your dragon's voice will look like. Background: #FFA952; Text: #9A4E00

Member Info...

Anything Else:
He was the first bronze to hatch in this clutch.

Coded by SanctifiedSavage for SWW

« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 11:15:14 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline Southern Records

• Admin Account
  • Dispersing Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 05:46:39 PM »
This is the admin account for Southern Winds Weyr. All records, notes, and items of import come from here.

If you have questions, shoot us a PM @ Southern Records!

SWW Staff
SanctifiedSavage || SirAlahn || Weyrhandler

Offline Southern Records

• Admin Account
  • Dispersing Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 09:09:08 PM »
This is the admin account for Southern Winds Weyr. All records, notes, and items of import come from here.

If you have questions, shoot us a PM @ Southern Records!

SWW Staff
SanctifiedSavage || SirAlahn || Weyrhandler

Tags:

OOC Recent

[November 03, 2018, 03:25:57 AM]

[October 31, 2018, 06:04:31 PM]

[October 29, 2018, 08:01:51 PM]

[October 29, 2018, 05:09:15 AM]

[October 25, 2018, 03:29:35 PM]

[October 25, 2018, 01:32:31 PM]

[October 25, 2018, 12:43:27 AM]

[October 24, 2018, 05:46:08 PM]

by Inki
[October 20, 2018, 06:20:59 AM]

[October 15, 2018, 10:40:46 PM]

[October 15, 2018, 12:17:45 PM]

by Inki
[October 12, 2018, 04:52:17 AM]

by Inki
[October 12, 2018, 03:23:05 AM]

[October 12, 2018, 02:38:47 AM]

[October 11, 2018, 11:45:32 PM]
Pern RPs | Other RPs
Red River Weyr - 3rd Pass Pern RP Rainbow Mists Weyr Canyon River Weyr | RPG-D
Fortune Favors the Brave | World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP OSH
Under the Wings Pern Unbound | Xenedria: Scifi Master/slave RPG
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!

Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! |
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Blood Law - Anitaverse RPG Open Affiliate!
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!