Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Most of the site is visible to guests, though we do have a Member's Only forum and an IC Cbox that becomes available once you join!

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
4.2590 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every 4 or 5 OOC days. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Flits here, as well as whers.  There are Candidate events and classes and Crafter plots. A little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!
 photo OOCChat_zpseb6e942b.png
Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a unique colored name here.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Drinking Mercury [ 16.03.2589, 1 AM ] B'ron  (Read 321 times)

Offline Vanelwynne

• View Profile
  • turns old
  • gold-rider.png
  • of Oriath
  • Bonded to four firelizard(s)
  • Orila, Darr, Toer, Thil
  • Aster
Drinking Mercury [ 16.03.2589, 1 AM ] B'ron
« on: February 04, 2017, 08:13:02 PM »
Normally, Oriath's flights were the sort of disruptive where they threw off the rest of someone's planned something-or-other, even if Vanelwynne was always expecting them. She'd been timely for most of her nearly two decades of mating but exactly what she was throwing off tended to change. When it had reached an early dinnertime and she still hadn't actually risen, Wynne was beginning to worry.

Of course, three bites into trying to eat the worry had faded, almost instantly replaced with a series of very different all-consuming feelings.

When, many hours later, she came to in the furs of her own bed, it took Vanelwynne a minute to remember where she was. Her weyr was dark, it was late -- it was usually daytime when she woke up after a flight -- and sound of familiar breathing was nowhere to be found.

Oriath ...

Leremith, the gold told her smugly, happily entwined out on the ledge with said bronze; she had no idea how any of the humans would react. She knew that a very fine bronze had caught her. That the best possible bronze had caught her, because they always were. Her current mate was always her favorite, unless he did something terrible to offend her, and then he wouldn't be her current mate anymore, would he?

Kalestath's Leremith? That was a stupid question, but as Wynne's immediate response had been to drop her head down onto the pillow again and press her eyes shut, trying not to panic just a little ... she had to try to confirm it. And Oriath wasn't going to like the way she phrased it. But Oriath was so happy right then and there that it didn't matter.

My Leremith, at the moment. Smug. Very smug.

That did it, though. That really did it; she was B'ron's consolation prize, and the former Weyrleader had always intimidated her just a little bit. The kind of intimidated where now it seemed like the best thing to do was lay relatively still and keep her face against that pillow and eyes shut until he decided to initiate some sort of interaction because she had no idea how to speak to her former Weyrleader like he was now her mate.

Well, her lifemate pointed out unhelpfully, Leremith, at least, knows you're awake.

"Shh," Wynne whispered, and in the post-flight haze that felt a lot like a post-wine haze, didn't quite realize it came out out loud.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 08:03:28 AM by SanctifiedSavage »

Signature by Wren

Offline B'ron

Re: Drinking Mercury [ 16.03.2589, 1 AM ] B'ron
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 09:32:20 PM »
B'ron couldn't decide whether or not he was supposed to be angry this morning. Normally, the morning after a flight was happy for him. He woke up next to Halirina, rolled out, and strolled around the Weyr cocky and confident, once again sure in his place as Weyrleader. But this flight, was not like that. It was not Halirina next to him, it was Vanelwynne.

Not that Vanelwynne was a bad replacement for Halirina. Vanelwynne was 16 turns his junior and it showed. B'ron didn't think his body had ever felt so content after a flight in a long time. Sure, he and Halirina had engaged in bouts of angry sex now and then. But Vanelwynne... She was something different. Lithe and supple, barely effected by the passage of time.

He grinned as he lay there, snapshots of their previous night, skin and skin, appearing in his mind. But nothing sticking for long. Ah, the wonders of a post-flight morning, the familiar ache of a good time, but no memories to back it up. I'm sure I'll be able to convince her to give me some things to remember.

I sure we will. Leremith added smugly, curling his tail tighter around Oriath's to better bring them closer together, reminding her of their time spent together in more intertwined the previous night. He rumbled happily deep in his chest.

She is awake. B'ron grinned, lifting an arm to wrap around her, but just before he could actually touch her, he heard her whispered 'shhh', quickly pulling his hand back, he exclaimed loudly. "I didn't do anything!" There was a little bit of anger in there, a little bit of frustration as he realised the probability of being able to recreate their night was next to none, if she was going to be shushing him as soon as he woke up.

Rolling off to one side of the bed, he stomped about her Weyr looking for his pants. He couldn't very well be indignant while completely naked. And it was always a good idea to put clothes on before he smashed something, in any case.

Length 38m ~ Height 7.6m ~ Wingspan 63.08m

Offline Vanelwynne

• View Profile
  • turns old
  • gold-rider.png
  • of Oriath
  • Aster
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 06:31:04 PM »
"Oh --" Vanelwynne was guilt-ridden as soon as she felt him move and felt the general ambiance of the room shift into something less languidly pleasant. That didn't mean she wasn't being a little bit languid still, though, as she rolled over and sprawled across the bed B'ron-ways in order to face him better. Her expression still looked guilty, as did her shaky voice, but she was still relaxed and stretching out on the furs like she was on vacation instead of awake at a ridiculous hour after a flight.

"Shells, I meant Oriath, I'm so sorry. I didn't know you could hear me, she was being --" Calling her own dragon annoying probably wasn't a good way to start out a relationship like this one. She wouldn't want to bias Leremith into thinking Oriath was annoying.

He won't, the gold insisted, snuggling happily against her mate's side. He would not have flown me if I were annoying to him.

Then be sure not to annoy him when you're on the sands demanding things, Vanelwynne grumbled mentally, but it was all affectionate.

Don't be silly. Leremith will be happy to bring me dinner on the sands, won't you?

Wynne, while the dragons were flirting, or ... planning clutch sitting or whatever it was dragons were doing, had to debate whether or not it would be a good idea to try to reach out and actually make a sort of comforting physical contact with B'ron. Whenever prior weyrmates had gotten upset, she would comfort them, especially if she was the one who had inadvertently done so, but this was B'ron. Someone she'd thought of as her Weyrleader, and he was prickly and brusque and she didn't really want to offend him ...

It was a risk it couldn't hurt to take, though.

Pulling herself to her feet, Wynne wrapped her robe around her shoulders, not really bothering to tie it as she stood up to extend a hand to B'ron's shoulder, whether he let her touch it or not. "I'm sorry," she said softly. "Really. You've not done anything to bother me, she was just ... I wanted to stay in bed and she was loud."

Signature by Wren

Offline B'ron

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 11:59:42 PM »
I will bring you whatever you want to eat, my darling. He said, rubbing his snout against hers, showering her with warm thoughts of affection as befitting his Queen.

B'ron folded his arms across his chest, feeling quite within his rights to sulk, after being shushed for no particular reason. If this was going to be how their relationship was going to go, it seemed like he was in for another Halirina. In all his previous interactions with Vanelwynne, he had thought that this pairing was going to be way easier than his so-called relationship with Halirina.

You should stop sulking. Maybe another good romp in the sheets will make you feel better.

"She obviously doesn't want to now. I should just... Go see what the state of my new office is."

Yeah, do work, that'll put you in such a good mood. He started projecting to Oriath again. I'll just stay here with my beautiful Queen.

He stood still and tense, not wanting to move as Vanelwynne reached out to touch him. This sort of… care was weird for him. He and Halirina were supportive but never really affectionate or sorry. Hearing those words from Vanelwynne was… awkward to say the least. B’ron simply didn’t know how to handle this.

But he was sure he would be able to make the most of her gentleness.

He turned around to face her, taking her hand off his shoulder and holding it between the two of his. “Yeah sorry.” He was not sorry at all. “Don’t worry about it.” Because if she worried about it, she would probably get annoying. “How about we… uh… just start over?” Then maybe he would get another chance at sex again.

Offline Vanelwynne

• View Profile
  • turns old
  • gold-rider.png
  • of Oriath
  • Aster
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 03:17:13 PM »
Guilt and affection were both major facets of Vanelwynne's personality, so that would work out well for them both; pity it would take her some time to understand how he actually thought about things. That time was a long time from right then, if it ever came at all. Then again, who knew if she'd even mind; so long as she could have a relationship that felt comfortable, Wynne wasn't often one to push into anything deeper.

Not when she could have peace, instead, and this was a partnership that could have that -- she wasn't Halirina and didn't clash with people the same way Halirina did. Most of the riders whose bronzes caught Oriath said she was sweet, and that was true. She was also fiercely impassioned, but she kept that sort of behavior under wraps as often as possible, at least in the beginning; it was better to be seen only as sweet and gentle, and not the sort of person who stirs up trouble. Or feelings.

That didn't mean she wasn't going to take advantage of the feelings in front of her, or the ones she thought were in front of her; when B'ron seemed unsettled by her compassion, she just continued it, smiling uncertainly and making no attempt to pull her hand away.

"Yes," Vanelwynne said, completely believing that he was regretful, if not sorry, "I think that would be a good idea. Does that mean I can go back to being wrapped up in furs, at least for a little while?" Her plaintiveness could have just been because she was cold and uncomfortable with nudity; it could have been an invitation for more sex; it was actually both, but that wasn't super clear just from her wide-eyed expression and hopeful tone.

Signature by Wren

Offline B'ron

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 12:10:09 AM »
B'ron nodded, plastering a sweet smile across his face. "Of course, let us both go curl up back in the bedfurs." That would be the best course of action. Get her back in the bed and get her comfortable again. Her expression confused him, and he wasn't entirely sure what sort of invitation her comment had been, so he decided to play it safe. It wouldn't do to make a wrong move this early on in their Weyrmate encounter.

Leremith would be catching Kalestath again, he was sure of it, and so he would be back in his reasonably comfortable place in Halirina's Weyr. Comfortable, not because he liked her, no not at all, but simply because he had gotten used to it. He knew how Halirina worked, and she knew how he did, B'ron didn't have to hide much from her anymore, 20 turns together had shown the cracks in his sanity and shown hers as well.

There was no need for him to think that much on the situation, this was going to be only temporary with Vanelwynne, and so he could pretend to keep her happy at least whilst he was going to be around her. B'ron had always found that those who didn't know you were much more easily manipulated, so he could pretend, and it would keep them both happy.

That was his plan at least.

But it didn't seem like a lot was going to plan recently, it was definitely not in the cards for the blacks to appear, nor was it planned for the first to catch Kalestath.

Offline Vanelwynne

• View Profile
  • turns old
  • gold-rider.png
  • of Oriath
  • Aster
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 03:01:14 PM »
Vanelwynne, at least, was used to and comfortable with that; Oriath wasn't overly consistent with her mates, and so she was always surprised—sometimes pleasantly, sometimes not—by the repetition in weyrmate that came with a sequential catch. But she never expected it. Stability was something her life had had little of in the past two decades, and she had simply built herself around it.

Those twenty turns that B'ron had been Halirina's Weyrleader were the same twenty turns that Oriath had been alive.

She didn't, at least initially, seem to be resisting any of the bronzerider's plans; she was always a little out of sorts after flights and made choices that made things as easy as possible. If you have to live with someone, let them do what they want, be accommodating. That was what she had learned, and so she smiled softly and nestled herself back in her bed.

It was cold.

And it wasn't long before she got the nerve to speak again: "Much better." If she got the opportunity to rest her head on his shoulder, all the better. Hide any emotional unsettlement behind physical affection' tended to be the right course after flights. It wasn't as if his body was anything even resembling a disappointment.

Signature by Wren

Offline B'ron

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 12:32:00 AM »
B'ron didn't pull her into him, not one to cuddle, and not deeming it necessary just yet to encourage that point. If she wished to, he knew it would be folly to turn her away, but nor was he going to be the one to begin the session, it was simply not his style.

But small talk, he supposed that he could achieve that. "The clutch should be large if Oriath and Leremith have any sway in the matter." He knew it did, but sometimes the needs of the Weyr were greater than the flight of the dragon.

He was pleased enough with the flight, even if B'ron knew that it wasn't going to be repeated.

OOC Recent

[Today at 02:22:47 PM]

[Today at 05:59:14 AM]

[May 21, 2017, 10:57:18 AM]

[May 21, 2017, 05:37:32 AM]

[May 20, 2017, 07:42:52 PM]

[May 20, 2017, 03:49:47 PM]

[May 20, 2017, 03:46:27 PM]

[May 20, 2017, 03:38:00 PM]

[May 20, 2017, 02:11:36 PM]

[May 20, 2017, 10:06:16 AM]

by Kit
[May 20, 2017, 09:23:42 AM]

by Kit
[May 20, 2017, 09:20:55 AM]

[May 20, 2017, 02:04:11 AM]

[May 19, 2017, 07:00:51 PM]

Open Threads

If you have any open threads and you'd like them listed, let us know.
In-Depth Character Prompts - For SOLO Threads

Don'tcha Just Hate It When... - 21.6.2589 x Seaphonellqua

Just Teasing - 1.9.2589 x Nishi

Death by Boredom - 32.10.2589 x Callista

Weyrling Shenanigans - 5.1.2590 x Weyrlings

Sunbaking - 15.1.2590 x W'um

Klah and Long Nights - 23.1.2590 x Isotarïne

Sun and Sarcasm - 13.3.2590 x B'lye

Breakfast Delivery - 15.3.2590 x K'eeda

In the Radiant Sun - 15.3.2590 x T'lor

Three Cheers to Sweet Isolation - 17.3.2590 x Penderton

Napping on a Wher - 18.3.2590 x Sarinea