Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: We have four different themes for the Site, which you can change with a dropdown at the bottom. Named after the different Wings of Southern Wings Weyr : Jungle, Beach, Prairie, and Mountain.

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
8.2590 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every 4 or 5 OOC days. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Flits here, as well as whers.  There are Candidate events and classes and Crafter plots. A little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!
 photo OOCChat_zpseb6e942b.png
Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a unique colored name here.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Flitter Watch [01.04.2590 7.30pm] Lunielle  (Read 324 times)

Offline W'um

Flitter Watch [01.04.2590 7.30pm] Lunielle
« on: February 16, 2017, 03:31:09 AM »
Once again, making the most of his post training evenings off, W'um was enjoying the hustle and bustle of the Weyr winding down for the night.

Lying back against Liramyth, his blue was the perfect pillow, his tired body enjoying the fluffy grass underneath his and the steady breathing of Liramyth at his back. Liramyth was tired too, it was sometimes hard not to be. They were old. That was all. The early mornings every now and then had to take their toll.

He supposed it probably wouldn't be the best idea, to be lying out in the Weyrbowl when they didn't want to be disturbed. But he just couldn't bring himself to rise from this comfortable position.

Maybe we can just sleep out here tonight. W'um suggested to Liramyth as his eyes started to drift closed.

Don't close your-... eyes. The hefty sigh of the blue made W'um laugh. If you close your eyes, you're definitely going to go to sleep out here, and then you'll blame me when you have a stiff neck tomorrow.

Well then, be a good dragon and wake me up in a couple of candlemarks. It's just a nap.

Yeah right. But the blue was too content where he was as well to really bother arguing with his rider.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I FINALLY GOT AROUND TO THIS
Sorry to keep you waiting, but here you go  :love:
@JusticePrevails @Lunielle

Length 28.5m ~ Height 5.7m ~ Wingspan 47.31m
W'um oversees the Weyrlings of 2590, click here to find any Weyrling info you need.

Offline Lunielle

• Just arrived
    • View Profile
  • turns old
  • healer.png
  • Bonded to four firelizard(s)
  • Korin, Zale, Asper, Renaald
  • JusticePrevails
  • Lunielle , Sashana , Amalthea
Re: Flitter Watch [01.04.2590 7.30pm] Lunielle
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 01:01:58 PM »
The day was over, only dinner really remained to complete everything.  She was actually tired today, mostly because she'd been pulling weeds all day when she wasn't trailing after one of the Journeymen.  She loved what she did, and she was sure she'd get used to it eventually, but for now she was exhausted.

Zale and Korin were curled up, one in her lap and one around her shoulders, snoozing already.  Her two blues were....Renaald was with the crechelings, and Asper...she had no idea.  Lunielle sighed.  "Zale, where's your brother?"  They weren't actually siblings, but that was how she addressed the male flitts to each other.  The brown lifted his head and yawned, giving the impression he had no idea.

"I'd better find him before he gets into trouble."

Unfortunately, Asper had already found trouble.  Or, in this case, his favorite sort of entertainment.  The little blue dived down from the high point of the bowl, tapping his little feet against W'um's head and hitting him with his tail.  Not the claws, he didn't want to hurt anyone, he was just harassing him.  He even turned and made a return pass, gleefully chirping the entire time.

Offline W'um

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 10:10:51 PM »
"What on Pern...?" W'um awoke with a start, the tap on his bald head with tiny feet being quite a strange sensation to interrupt his dream.

Liramyth rumbled happily with laughter. The little thing is apparently enjoying harassing you.

W'um made a half-hearted swipe in the general direction of the blue when he came around for another pass, but he missed by a mile, and probably didn't seem very scary with Liramyth chortling away behind him.

Aren't you supposed to protect me from these things? Not encourage them?

But they're so cute. See? He's having so much fun making you mad.

W'um sighed and got to his feet, putting his hands on his hips to sternly give the firelizard a talking to. "Where is your bonded, huh? Don't you think you're going to get in trouble when they show up and find you've been harassing a poor old rider?"

I don't think firelizards feel guilt.

Well I don't know what to say to it! W'um returned waspishly to his dragon.

All he had wanted to do was have a nap in peace.

W'um oversees the Weyrlings of 2590, click here to find any Weyrling info you need.

Offline Lunielle

• Just arrived
    • View Profile
  • turns old
  • healer.png
  • JusticePrevails
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 01:50:24 PM »
The little blue hissed at the rider for swiping at him and came around again, angling for another pass.  Of course, that was when his bonded showed up.

"ASPER!  Said firelizard popped between in alarm at being yelled at, reappearing on the ground near the rider.  His head was on the ground, little eyes whirring with colors.

The blonde came over at a run, scooping the flitt up into her arms and scolding him rapidly.  "You naughty little thing!  You leave that dragonrider alone.  His dragon could eat you, you know?"  Asper made a muted trilling sound, more annoyed than apologetic, though the sound he made was akin to a child telling its parent 'sorry mom'.  Lunielle brought the misbehaving creature to her face so that his little head touched hers. "I don't know what I would do if I lost you.  Please be good?  For me?"

Asper made a soft chirping sound and wrapped against her neck, making the firelizard equivalent of a purr.

Finally, she was able to address the rider. "I am so sorry.  He usually limits his harassment to the little dragonriders, rather than those with grown dragons.  He doesn't mean any harm.  Did he scratch you?"

Offline W'um

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 08:42:34 PM »
W'um watched as the girl scolded her firelizard for his behaviour and that cheered him up considerably. The little blue had such interesting mannerisms, so responsive, that it changed W'um's annoyance to humour quite quickly.

He was never one to hold a grudge after all.

Don't be too annoyed at the little thing. He just wanted to play with you. The hulking blue was almost cooing at the firelizard, so entranced by him as the blue was.

You're biased. You love the little creatures even though he attacked me!

Because he's so CUTE! The blue ducked his head toward the height of the girl and her firelizard, his multifaceted eyes whirling as he gazed at the firelizard.

You're really going to freak them out one day.

And so are you if you don't talk to the girl soon enough.

"OH right! Sorry, I get distracted with Liramyth in my head sometimes, I forget that the rest of you can't hear him too." He turned away from Liramyth to smile at the blonde haired woman. "You look familiar?"

The healer. The blue supplied, even though he had barely spared a glance for the blonde before he had been captivated by her firelizard.

"Liramyth has reminded me we've met before. You did a wonderful job tending him at the healer hall if I remember correctly? And don't worry about your little firelizard, Liramyth has obviously forgiven him for me already. The crazy beast is in love with the little things, thinks they're so cute."

Offline Lunielle

• Just arrived
    • View Profile
  • turns old
  • healer.png
  • JusticePrevails
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 07:50:46 PM »
She was so busy scolding her little blue that she didn't notice the towering form of the blue bringing his head down to her level until Asper squawked in alarm and went down the back of her shirt since she'd told him big dragons eat firelizards.  "Asper, come back here, I'm not done..."  Then she turned her head to where the little beast was looking from his hiding spot and yelped as she leapt backward.

"Giant dragon head!"  She called out, hand to her fluttering heart.  "You startled me."  And then she started laughing.  "Brenith used to do that to me."  She took several deep breaths while her firelizard peeked out at his massive blue cousin and chirped cutely.

And then she recognized the rider and dipped her head.  "Yes, I remember you." She smiled at him, smoothing out her clothes from her abrupt retreat at the sight of a giant dragon head right next to her.  "Its okay.  Dragonriders use mind-speak.  Its a thing.  I accepted a long time ago that sometimes I would witness the phenomenon and have no idea what they were talking about.  And I have no right to."

She sighed and reached over her shoulder to pet Asper, who was now creeping out of her shirt since he'd been told he was forgiven.  "This is Asper.  He doesn't really mean any harm, he just likes to push his luck."  She giggled, disentangling the little blue's tail from her hair since it had wrapped in her long locks.  "They are cute, some more than others.  I have three more, somewhere."

Offline W'um

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 07:50:50 PM »
"Sorry about him. Liramyth does that a lot." He found her reaction amusing, but not unusual, Liramyth had a habit of wanting to be mysterious and all that, so W'um was unsurprised by his behaviour, and secretly thought Liramyth was quite pleased about her reaction.

"Liramyth and I have just been together for a long time." He responded to her statement. W'um didn't necessarily feel like others didn't have the right to hear what they were talking about persay. It was an interesting thought to be sure anyways.

"Three more? Oh I see. So you've got a whole faire of them? How do you keep track of them all. I used to struggle with Liramyth, and he can at least talk to me and tell me where he is." W'um said humorously, it wasn't exactly true, but it was funny none the less.

OOC Recent

by Red
[July 25, 2017, 06:27:48 PM]

by Inki
[July 25, 2017, 05:38:36 PM]

[July 25, 2017, 03:25:52 PM]

[July 25, 2017, 03:21:17 PM]

by Kyya
[July 25, 2017, 03:24:25 AM]

[July 24, 2017, 01:27:11 PM]

by Kyya
[July 23, 2017, 11:53:48 PM]

[July 23, 2017, 12:25:48 PM]

[July 23, 2017, 08:02:30 AM]

[July 23, 2017, 04:46:05 AM]

[July 22, 2017, 08:49:41 PM]

[July 22, 2017, 03:18:08 PM]

[July 22, 2017, 09:32:07 AM]

[July 22, 2017, 05:45:50 AM]

[July 22, 2017, 01:55:09 AM]

Open Threads

If you have any open threads and you'd like them listed, let us know.
In-Depth Character Prompts - For SOLO Threads

Don'tcha Just Hate It When... - 21.06.2589 x Seaphonellqua

Just Teasing - 01.09.2589 x Nishi

Death by Boredom - 32.10.2589 x Callista

Weyrling Shenanigans - 05.01.2590 x Weyrlings

Klah and Long Nights - 23.01.2590 x Isotarïne

Breakfast Delivery - 15.03.2590 x K'eeda

In the Radiant Sun - 15.03.2590 x T'lor

Three Cheers to Sweet Isolation - 17.03.2590 x Penderton

Napping on a Wher - 18.03.2590 x Sarinea

Coryza - 20.03.2590 x Vanelwynne

Getting the Ducks Back in a Row - 02.04.2590 x D'zel