Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: We have four different themes for the Site, which you can change with a dropdown at the bottom. Named after the different Wings of Southern Wings Weyr : Jungle, Beach, Prairie, and Mountain.

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
4.2590 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every 4 or 5 OOC days. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Flits here, as well as whers.  There are Candidate events and classes and Crafter plots. A little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!
 photo OOCChat_zpseb6e942b.png
Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a unique colored name here.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Breakfast Delivery [15.03.2590 5:40am] K'eeda and others  (Read 795 times)

Offline Inanna

• Generous socialite
  • Do you need any help? Some food?
    • View Profile

• She/Her/Hers
  • turns old
  • green-rider.png
  • of Cremath
  • Bonded to three firelizard(s)
  • Miss, Khaos and Terra
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
Breakfast Delivery [15.03.2590 5:40am] K'eeda and others
« on: February 16, 2017, 03:47:29 AM »
Breakfast was good today. A little quiet perhaps. The lockdown was still reasonably fresh in the minds of all the riders, although mostly the two sevendays had given them time to think about their opinions on that matter. Not that it actually made any difference.

They could believe what they wanted, didn't stop the fact that they had been given orders. By the Weyrwoman no less. That was the end of it. Or it should be at least, but Inanna heard the grumbles from the holders, and sooner or later the restriction on the riders would get... chafing too.

No unauthorised flying. Although that was usually a given, she knew there were some who liked to push the boundaries of their wingleaders orders, not that Inanna was one of them. She was perfectly content where she was in Beach, they were always the more... amicable lot, thought, but with a little bit of spunk as well.

Speaking of spunk, K'eeda was missing. Inanna couldn't help but grin, probably had one of her bedmates trapped in bed with her and keeping them away from breakfast. But if they didn't get down here soon, they would be sure to miss out, with their fishing starting in no time at all. She wondered if she should wrap something up for her, and... she scanned around the hall, looking for who else was absent, but she couldn't see if anyone else from beach was missing. Oh well, if K'eeda hadn't shown up by the time Inanna headed out to the Weyr bowl, she might snag the bluerider a roll or two, after all, she was pregnant, it was the least she could do. Inanna remembered all too well the feeling of pregnancy, and was quite honestly, glad to be rid of it.

Spoiler for Hidden:
@SanctifiedSavage
No one post in this until Sanctified tells me I haven't fucked something up and posts with K'eeda
@Sav, I tried to give K'eeda enough time to finish up with K'rez, but if you don't like anything about it I can change it.

Y'all can jump in now

« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 03:40:49 PM by Inanna »

Length 25m ~ Height 5m ~ Wingspan 41.5m
Inanna gave birth to daughter, Cianna on the 15.02.2590

Offline K'eeda

Re: Breakfast Delivery [15.03.2590 5:40am] K'eeda and others
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 10:57:51 AM »
This morning had been one of the more eventful ones for K’eeda. First Goldie and her damned eggs, then K’rez, and now she was walking very late into the Weyrhall in M’rek’s clothes. She didn’t really care what someone might say – it’s not like M’rek’s name was stitched into the leather. They were a bit big on her and she’d had to tie the pants quite tight, but it’d do for the day. Not like she was going to be doing anything crazy. During lunch, she’d go back up to K’rez’s weyr and sort out the clothing thing so they’d have something for tomorrow.

Useless damn flit.

That also meant she did not have a lot of time. So without ceremony, instead of sitting like any normal person, K’eeda marched up on Beach Wing table and near shouted, “Oi. Good morning the lot of you.” Then, when she was certain most were paying attention to her, she continued. “My fat Flit graced me with a bundle of eggs this morning and I’d like to get rid of them. So, ya know, come see me so I can do just that. Otherwise, I’m chucking them off the weyrledge.” It sounded like a joke. Some even laughed.

K’eeda didn’t as she finally sat down and stole a roll from another rider’s tray. 

Spoiler for OOC:
You did a great job. XD

Length: 30M || Height: 5M || Wingspan: 51M
20 weeks pregnant as of 1.3.2590 // Powerplay allowed by K'rez

Offline Saviavi

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 07:18:24 PM »
Breakfast was always an ordeal. Usually Saviavi was dragged out of bed by some do-gooding friend that didn’t want to see her late to classes again. Her meal was set in front of her and, at times, spoon fed into her barely agreeable mouth. She was not a morning person.

Today was no different. Though enough time had passed for the klah she drank to warm her body and jumpstart her nerves, it took a woman marching onto a table to get her to drag her head up from her arms. What in Faranth’s name? Intrigued, she watched on as the rider announced her flit clutch.

“Oh!” Saviavi pushed herself up from the table. She nearly skipped over to Beach wing and waved an arm up, frantically beating it through the air to get K’eeda’s attention. “I’ll take one, please!” Then remembering the mention of the eggs getting tossed, she added, “And if you have any left overs, I’ll take those too.”

She grabbed a small empty basket from a nearby table and shoved a few napkin cloths inside to make a cradle of sorts. She may not have a dragon yet, but she’d be the best god damn flit mother on this side of Pern!

Spoiler for Hidden:
I know I said I’d take just 1 egg but.. She’d be fine with getting 4 eggs if they don’t go to NPC homes for future use :D

Offline Inanna

• Generous socialite
    • View Profile

• She/Her/Hers
  • turns old
  • green-rider.png
  • of Cremath
  • Miss, Khaos and Terra
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 07:30:11 PM »
Inanna grinned at her fellow wingmate when she called out her offer. K'eeda sure did know how to make an entrance. Wearing riding leathers that were too big for her, and almost missing out on all of breakfast, it seemed like the bluerider had definitely had an interesting morning.

"Oi! Save one for me!"

Are you sure we need another one?

It had only been a few sevendays earlier when Khaos had fallen into her lap, quite literally, but Inanna was enjoying the companionship of the brown flitter. We don't need another, but do you dislike Khaos?

No. But this time the creature should be better behaved. Khaos keeps getting in trouble by jumping on people's heads from high vantage points.

Cremath was all hot air, she adored the little firelizard, so Inanna wasn't very concerned that her green would be getting jealous, but she thought that Khaos could use a companion, or at least someone to keep him in line.

Offline Styxiss

• Hi! Don't care! Thanks!
    • View Profile
  • turns old
  • candidate.png
  • Bonded to one firelizard(s)
  • Twit the Flit
  • Sybil_Slaughter
  • Plotter
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 07:42:08 PM »
Styxiss had waken up early for once, stomach rumbling.  The former drudge loved his sleep, but the prospect of a hot breakfast proved to be more tempting than the extra fifteen minutes or so of slumber.  He was already eating in the hall when K'eeda strode in.  The woman was a stranger for the most part, but part of his mind registered her and he recalled seeing her around from time-to-time.  After a cursory glance in her direction he returned his attention to his meal, ready to dismiss her entirely.

Until he heard her announcement.

He'd been considering getting another flit to keep Twit company and maybe, MAYBE, teach him how a proper fire lizard ought to behave.  Being rather hesitant about finding another wild nest, considering how Twit had turned out, this seemed the perfect opportunity.  Maybe an egg from an actual pet flit would be a little more normal?

"Yea, over here," he called, signaling her from the table.  "Just one."  The last thing he needed was a horde of flits flying around his head and eating all his food.  A pair seemed just right.

Belatedly, he realized he had no bloody clue as to how one would care for a flit egg but that wasn't important.  Flits were everywhere and everyone seemed to have at least one.  Styxiss figured he could ask someone how easily enough.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 07:57:54 PM by Styxiss »

Offline B'lye

• Mountain Wingsecond with balance issues
  • Just arrived
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • green-rider.png
  • of Uereth
  • Bonded to four firelizard(s)
  • Axander, Tethine, Reela and Ralee
  • RaynePOTM
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 10:58:24 PM »
B’lye always took his breakfasts down in the hall. Always. Unless he’d had a bed mate. Or a late night of taste testing for the brewer hall. Or hadn’t actually slept because of an interesting discovery forced him to gleefully update all of his and the weyr’s and harper’s records. Or…

Well, B’lye almost always took his breakfasts down in the weyrhall, it was the most important meal of the day, and he could catch up with the other riders when they weren’t tired or grumpy from drills or chores. Towards the end of breakfast, as people headed off to their activities or to take care of something last minute before the day officially started, he liked to sit back and watch.

It seemed to be that whenever he just sat back to watch, that was when opportunity presented itself. Today was no different. Listening to K’eeda, a rider he admired both for her spunk and her taste in men, gave him an idea, one that split his face into a very cheeky grin.

Usually B’lye had no use for flitter announcements, he had more than enough hungry mouths of his own to take care of, today he was accompanied by his full faire of them, Reela on his shoulder and the others soaring about in the rafters with the other flits. But seeing the eclectic range of people that volunteered for this clutch reminded him of someone who absolutely didn’t have enough people to take care of. Mainly because she took care of everyone regardless of how much he told her to chill out and have a casual romp to let off some tension. Having a single, what she occassionally called tiny dragon, to help her out would be a wonderful present to celebrate almost a full year of her putting up with him.

Picking up the last of his food and feeding it to Reela, who took to the air after scarfing it down, he picked up his crutches and made his way towards the impressive blue rider. “Good morning, my dear. Looks like you had an interesting night, must say I am equal parts intrigued and pre-emptively envious. How far along are the eggs? I believe I have the perfect home for… well we’ll just start with one of them.”

She's going to yell at you.

Ooohhh, really? I can't remember her ever being that angry?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 11:00:10 PM by B'lye »

Offline K'eeda

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 12:24:58 AM »
K’eeda planned on passing them out to the first people to express interest. She didn’t want to trade, she didn’t want to make a deal, she wanted the eggs out of her… out of K’rez’s damn weyr so she could actually gather up her clothes. Not that Goldie would care either way. She’d never been a really broody Gold, mostly because she knew that K’eeda was always quick about finding her eggs good homes.

Because Goldie was always laying her eggs in obnoxious places.

The first response was certainly enthusiastic. The girl had K’eeda flinching at her early morning exuberance, but she smiled eventually. The girl had come from the Candidate tables. One egg for her? Sure, why not. Though, when the girl added she’d take more if there were any leftover she actually brightened K’eeda’s mood. “That’s what I’m talking about.” The Candidate seemed ready to go now, so K’eeda had to wave a hand to signal she needed a moment. “Let me get some breakfast in me.”

When Inanna expressed interest, K’eeda actually smiled at her fellow Wingrider and shot her a wink. “Anything for a pretty face.” No matter the bad mood she might be in, she didn’t generally take it out on those around her. So, one for Inanna. Not bad. Fourteen to go.

Then, someone she didn’t know haled her from another table. The Candidate table? Sure, whatever worked. She waved in kind to let him know she’d heard. “Catch me right after I scarf this roll down then,” she hollered back. The less time she had the eggs, the better.

Of all the people K’eeda thought might approach her, the distinctive Mountain Wingsecond was not one of them. K’eeda actually sat up a little straighter when he approached. She wasn’t usually one to pay particular attention to rank but she actually greatly respected B’lye and his Green. A Wingsecond given their color? She couldn’t help but be impressed. “They were just laid this morning,” she answered. “And there’s no way I can keep them for the next however long it takes for them to hatch. But if you want one, consider it yours.”

Offline B'lye

• Just arrived
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • green-rider.png
  • of Uereth
  • RaynePOTM
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 12:57:23 AM »
B’lye’s face split into an even bigger grin, “Excellent!” It didn’t really matter that he sounded like every cartoon villain from the old Earth, he was planning something devious. Plonking his butt down in the vacant seat next to K’eeda, relaxing slightly, he patiently waited for her to finish her food. He had been paying marginal attention to her other replies while his mind whirred with possibilities.

Calling down his bronze Axander from the rafters, B’lye absentmindedly scratched the bronze eye ridges as he said plainly. “You’re on egg guarding duty until it hatches. Don’t let your brothers anywhere near it. Probably best you don’t let me near it either for that matter.”

Turning back to the bluerider as she ate her breakfast, “Speaking of things I shouldn’t be let near, want to tell me the story behind your, oh so stylish attire? If I say pretty please?” Finishing with one of his most brilliant smiles, he didn’t need to try so hard to concentrate with the thought of an interesting story looming.

Twisting also to include Inanna in the conversation, another green rider he’d seen over the occasion but hadn’t had more than a passing acquaintanceship with, he added “you seem keen for another? How many d’you have already, dear?”

Offline Inanna

• Generous socialite
    • View Profile

• She/Her/Hers
  • turns old
  • green-rider.png
  • of Cremath
  • Miss, Khaos and Terra
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 01:29:29 AM »
Inanna grinned at K'eeda's response, and winked back at the blue rider. So she was getting an egg after all, this was going to work out just great.

You're going to become that crazy firelizard lady you know that. Living on your own with a whole fair in your bed.

Well wouldn't you be happy about that. Cremath wasn't offended by that, it was true, if Inanna didn't bring anyone back to their Weyr she would be a happy dragon indeed, but she knew her bonded would not.

Grinning at B'lye she answered his question, happy that he had decided to include her, because she too was curious to know the story behind K'eeda's current attire. Not that it was a hard thing to guess, after all, the blue rider was a notorious over-sharer.

"Just the one at the moment." She pointed up towards the top of a high storage cupboard on the far wall, where Khaos was perched, ready to jump on the head of an unsuspecting victim. "He's a nightmare, I thought I should try my luck with another one."

Offline Saviavi

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 04:55:23 PM »
The girl didn’t skip a beat as K’eeda told her to wait. She flounced back a few respectful steps and lurked like a misfit trying to creep their way into the cool kid’s table. Basket clutched in front of her, hands gripping the top arc of it in such a way that her palms were protesting as the edge of it bit into them.

Her head turned back to the candidate table and she offered Styxiss a smile. She didn’t know him, but she wished she’d been a little less eager and had just remained there like him. Now that she was here she felt she had to stay, the odd man out among these functioning and proven members of society.

She saw the handicapped rider approach and then also overheard the conversation topic he’d picked. Saviavi knew of him, of course, but hadn’t been so close before. She tried not to stare at the space where his leg should’ve been. She instead stared at K’eeda, and her clothing, as it was remarked upon. Saviavi would never judge someone on their choice of morals, but she certainly had strong feelings toward fashion and the Bluerider was not winning her over in that regard. Her mouth wore a frown but her forehead was knit together with internal turmoil. It wasn’t her place to offer suggestions on how another person, especially a rider, dresses. Vi looked awkwardly toward the ceiling, it was her safest bet.

Offline Styxiss

• Hi! Don't care! Thanks!
    • View Profile
  • turns old
  • candidate.png
  • Bonded to one firelizard(s)
  • Twit the Flit
  • Sybil_Slaughter
  • Plotter
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 09:54:23 AM »
K'eeda had agreed to give him an egg after she'd eaten.  Styxiss nodded at her and gave her a thumbs up.  Nice.  He even smiled with satisfaction.  That had been easy enough, hadn't it?  The former drudge began to go over what he knew of caring for eggs.  They had to be kept warm, for one; so he should probably figure out a place to keep it where it wouldn't be disturbed.  How would he make sure it stayed warm though?  Wrap it in furs and stick it in a pouch maybe?  Yea, that sounded good enough.  Or maybe he'd make Twit sit on it until it hatched.   Styx smirked, yea, he'd love that.

He watched as several other people came forward and called out to claim a flit egg, including one girl who seemed very eager.  She even said that she'd take all the extra should there be any.  Styx shook his head; better her than him, to be honest.  Another was a rider if he wasn't mistaken.  Looked like he'd been through it too.  Very impressive.  The young man nodded absently; quite impressive indeed.

He continued to observe the few others who'd come forward with waning interest.  The one girl, the eager one, was standing to the side and waiting for the rider to finish her morning meal.  She saw him watching and offered him a smile.  He returned it amicably enough and tipped her a small salute before going back to his meal and tearing into a roll of his own.  There was much to be done today, and he'd a feeling he'd need the energy.

Offline K'eeda

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2017, 11:50:46 AM »
K’eeda glanced down at herself when the Wingsecond asked about her clothes. For a panicked moment, K’eeda thought she might’ve put something on wrong. That is, until she remembered she was wearing M’rek’s overly large clothes that very much didn’t fit.

Eh. It’d do. She’d sauntered in the weyrhall in K’rez’s shirts a time or seventeen. However, that wasn’t as fun a story as this.

“Well, I can’t promise a grand story,” K’eeda drawled, smiling at B’lye. If only it’d been for a really good reason. “But my fat flit Goldie woke me this morning to announce her clutch and, oh so sweetly, made the nesting materials out of my – and K’rez’s – clothes.” Oh yes, if she was telling this story, the Brown Wingsecond of Prairie was going to be included in it. If anything, that had her grinning a bit more so. “So M’rek came to our rescue. I’m wearing his clothes.” She shot Inanna a wink. “Never let it be said M’rek doesn’t take care of his Wing. Though I think that he just showed up so I couldn’t stay in bed naked all day.”

It didn’t take K’eeda long to scarf down the roll at all. After her story, she shot the candidate lingering a playful smirk before she slid to her feet. “Alright pretty thing, let’s go get you your eggs, eh?” K’eeda had to admire her lingering determination, as though K’eeda might forget she’d claimed eggs. If anything, K’eeda thought it was adorable.

But they did have drills and the like coming up. So! Best to get this done as fast as possible. K’eeda hooked an arm around the girl’s waist. “Alright, let’s go get those eggs, huh?” She glanced toward the Candidate table, toward the other that had wanted an egg. “Come on then. Though I think this dear thing has a basket we can bring all the eggs down from my weyr in. So if you wanna meet us out in the weyrbowl…” The last was to pretty much everyone that wanted an egg. She could pass them out there and leave this darling candidate with the rest. True to her word.

Still grinning, K’eeda’s arm hooked around the girl, she led the candidate from the weyrhall and to the weyrbowl, where Aeleroth was waiting to take them up to K’rez’s – their – weyr.

K’eeda helped the candidate, whose name she still didn’t know, up onto Aeleroth. She wasn’t overly handsy, but it was always fun to tease and play with candidates when the opportunity presented itself. If they would’ve had longer than a few moments, K’eeda would’ve tried to have more fun.

As it stood, there was only a little bit of time to get the eggs passed out before drills. Which meant even less time for the other people to get the eggs sorted themselves. “Time is of the essence and all that,” she grumbled a little as she settled behind the Candidate and Aeleroth, not trying to be careful about taking off, launched quickly to carry them up into the weyr.

“Just hand me the basket, hm?” K’eeda said, figuring it’d just be easier that way. Collecting the eggs from Goldie was easy. The fat Gold moved easily, and it was only then that K’eeda even realized there was a gold egg at all. She shot the flit a scowl before returning to the Candidate and Aeleroth, passing up the basket, so they could be on their way.

Landing in the weyrbowl, K’eeda was ready to begin passing out eggs once she helped the candidate down from Aeleroth. Goldie tagged along and, being the plump but unconcerned mother she was because K’eeda was handling the eggs, settled on Aeleroth’s back.

“Alright, now, who was gonna get an egg?” Though K’eeda didn’t have any idea what was in what egg, because they were all pretty much the same to her, she did want to save the marked Gold egg for the Wingsecond. She admired the man, after all.

Spoiler for OOC:
Sorry Drew, I sorta man-handled your Candidate all over the place. Let me know if I need to change or adjust anything, and I will. Or, if I need to adjust, I’ll just have K’eeda take the basket and man handle someone else. XD

Offline K'zaya

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2017, 07:30:58 PM »
"Sharding wherry teeth, can't even. Fardles. runnershit piece of mat- There we go!" K'zaya was not really one for early mornings. Well. Not normally. He usually made his way to the breakfast table in time for a cup of klah but for reasons he didn't really bother to think about, he had managed to sleep in. It wasn't like he was excited for morning drills, but he did not want to go facing them without at least a whiff of the wonderful beverage. He also didn't like his routine being thrown out of wack. There were certain things that had to be enforced for a good day. Klah was several of them.

Fyenoruth was rumbling disapprovingly, he knew K'zaya as well as he knew himself, and this morning they were bound to end up late, once again, to the first drills of the day. K'zaya might be able to brush off the scolding but being tardy at the very least once a sevenday was not something so easily ingnored. Unless he could force his rider to shape up in a few things, they were never going to be any more than just your average wingrider. What sort of place was that for a bronze such as himself.

The bronze groaned as he slumped to the floor with a heavy thump, placing his head on his forelegs and looking out across the weyrbowl forelornly. There are things happening down there and I am not there to see. You will demand your silly drink and I'll be stuck explaining to Jenrath why we are late for drills again, without even being able to say we were distracted by Aeleroth's bonded handing out those teeny little eggs. Fyenoruth whined, his gonging tone taking on a note of whistfullness at the mention of the little eggs.

K'zaya, struggling now in getting the twine through the eyelets of his tunic so he could tighten it appropriately looked up at the mention of eggs, wide smile spreading across his face as he scrambled over to peer precariously over the edge of the ledge.

Fyenoruth growled then, head swinging around to push his bonded away. The chances of him falling were slim. But there was no reason to push those sorts of barriers with the clutsy bronzerider. Finish getting dressed. We will go and see what the fuss is about.

"Nah, I'm right. See!" K'zaya retorted, spreading his arms to display an almost reasonably laced tunic. He'd missed an eyelet, and it made them come together slightly off centre, but it was the best they'd get at this point. He really did function better on Klah.

So waiting until K'zaya had hooked himself onto his seat, Fyenoruth pushed himself away from their weyr and glided down to the weyrbowl, bugling a warm greeting to the blue dragon though landing a respectful distance away. No need to encroach on the dragon's space.

K'zaya attempted the suave dismount most riders had down pat, though managed to get a boot caught in the strap and had to untangle himself before he could even try. Though it was a valiant effort, he hit the ground with a heavy thump, upright, but not nearly as easily as he could have otherwise managed, and taking a moment to brush himself down, swaggered on over towards K'eeda and the group of people she was enticing with her basket of eggs.

He didn't know her personally but Beach and Prairie had shared duties, so he was at least familiar with most of their riders. Regardless of his familiarity, however, K'zaya wasn't the sort to worry about pleasantries, and so, within throwing distance he raised his arm out, hoping to be seen above the gathered  weyrfolk. "Oi! K'eeda! Toss one over here, yeah?"

Do not toss one to mine unless you wish to have egg all over the bowl. He is incapable of catching such a thing even when close to you, let alone where he is now. He will come to you and politely enquire as to whether there is a tiny egg for him, and only if you wish it, shall he be able to take one. The reprimand was entirley for K'zaya. The Bronze was quite clearly agitated, and the carefree attitude of his bonded was annoying him a little more than what it normally would. Perhaps it was not K'zaya's fault that they had slept in, afterall.

K'zaya tutted and quickened his pace, glaring sulkily at his bronze as he waited for his chance to see if there was an egg free. Everyone else had a firelizard... They could be useful, after all. And who didn't enjoy more company.

Fyenoruth| 2 Turns | 36.6m Long | 7.32m Tall | 60.76m Wingspan
Custom Signature made by Wren

Offline Inanna

• Generous socialite
    • View Profile

• She/Her/Hers
  • turns old
  • green-rider.png
  • of Cremath
  • Miss, Khaos and Terra
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2017, 07:44:36 PM »
Grinning at K'eeda's story, she couldn't help but laugh at K'eeda's treatment of everyone around her. But no, she could not deny that M'rek looked after his wing.

Inanna took her time to finish off her breakfast, noticing K'eeda dragging off the candidate, and knowing that she would have to go collect all the eggs from her Weyr before Inanna would be needed to grab hers. She offered to take a few plates from the other beach riders back to the kitchens as well, after all, she was going to take her own, she might as well take everyone else's if they were finished too.

I'll wait for you in the Weyr bowl to take the egg back up to our Weyr. The green said, almost disgruntled that Inanna was getting another little critter to annoy her.

Why thank you darling.

It didn't take long for K'eeda to arrive again, candidate in tow, with the basket full of eggs in her arms. "I shall take just any one." She said, she was at the front of the queue after all, raising an eyebrow at K'zaya, as he called out to them from a distance away. Rolling her eyes, she grinned at K'eeda. "Give me his, I'll take it over. You saving any particular one for anyone?"

Offline Saviavi

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2017, 08:50:07 AM »
She’d kept her eyes dutifully trained to the ceiling, even through K’eeda’s story, though now a smile tugged at the corners of her lips. She decided she liked this bluerider, for all Savi knew her mood would be equally annoyed if her good clothes had been nested in. The candidate mentally excused K’eeda for threatening to throw the eggs overboard, chalking it up to the way her morning had started.

It did take her a moment to realize she was being spoken to, however. Lost in thought as she was, the touch of K’eeda’s arm around her waist finally brought Saviavi back to the present. She skipped initially to keep up with the rider, and then settled into step with the older woman. It still took her a full minute to realize the entire implications of where they were headed, and really not until the Blue dragon was seen ahead did she make much noise. “What’s his name?” She figured, before getting on to a strange dragon, it might be polite to at least know his name first. “I’m Saviavi,” she offered, starting the introduction.

The rushed pace K’eeda set didn’t much allow for further conversation, though. Before her mind could process all that was happening, they were airborne. Savi had been on a dragon before but it still was exhilarating. She wasn’t scared, though her knees tensed on either side of Aeleroth’s neck to keep her balance. One of her hands curled around one of his neck ridges while the other still clutched her basket.

Upon landing, the basket was passed obediently to K’eeda. Any nesting dragon was prone to moodiness and Saviavi certainly didn’t want any part of that. When it was returned to her, she cradled the whole thing to her chest, her free hand gently resting over top of it lest any eggs feel the need to fly out on their descent to the weyrbowl.

The relative safety of land loomed ahead. Saviavi whispered her thanks to Aeleroth for a good flight, giving him a fond pat on the neck too before she was helped down. The basket was passed once more to K’eeda and Saviavi felt a little better now about just standing there in the background, waiting.

Offline K'eeda

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2017, 01:18:43 AM »
K’eeda didn’t give a wherry shit who took what egg. She only cared to reserve the gold one for B’lye. So she let those take an egg or two when they showed. When a Bronzer from Prairie by the looks of him – she could damn near always spot a rider from prairie – showed up and asked her to throw an egg his way – yep, definitely from Prairie – she actually laughed. While K’eeda liked to have fun and all that, she wasn’t about to just chuck an egg with a tiny creature inside it at or to anyone.

She shot him a look that pretty much suggested the same answer.

Only a Rider in prairie thought that flit eggs were like fire stone and could be tossed around like something to be squeezed down a dragon’s throat. When Inanna said she’d take the Bronzer’s over, K’eeda gave her fellow Beach Wingrider a look. “Tell me you don’t personally know that wherry Rider,” she said, mostly playful. Even so, she handed over the eggs. One for Inanna, the other for the Bronzer. May Faranth have mercy on the poor flit.

“Mm. Just the Gold egg here for the Wingsecond. I just thought…” K’eeda actually looked away, clearing her throat. “Ya know, he’s Wingsecond?” It wasn’t often K’eeda actually deferred to anyone because of rank of her own accord. But B’lye? Well. He was different. Like K’eeda was different. She hoped to be half the man he was and have her own Wingsecond rank one day. Not in Mountain, of course, but still!

With all the eggs except the Gold passed out, that left four remaining in the basket. Four for the sweet candidate that had been quite liberally muscled around by K’eeda. She grinned at Saviavi and winked at the girl, passing the basket to her. “Four eggs to you, for being so great about it all. Take care of the little things, eh?”

Aeleroth had thought the girl to be quite polite and sweet. Though he didn’t generally talk to those outside his rider, he did nudge gently at her with his nose and thrum softly at her. Just to let her know he did appreciate the introduction. K’eeda looked the girl over before she said, quite casually, “I’d offer to help train them once they hatch but my flit is a useless thing. Should you need any help with your candidate lessons or anything like that though… Eh, tell O’sir. I’m sure I can manage extra time considering my condition in the coming future and all that. I’ll have plenty of extra time.” She’d just be getting bigger and bigger. If it meant she could help a candidate and get extra help with Aeleroth in return, well. They’d both win.

Offline B'lye

• Just arrived
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • green-rider.png
  • of Uereth
  • RaynePOTM
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2017, 04:25:20 PM »
Smiling lopsidedly at young greenrider, Inanna, B’lye pursed his lips as he thought. “Well I have four now, all strapping young men like myself, and all about as painful as I am too, so I wish you far better luck than I had with your second. Although… I got my second and third at the same time… maybe that’s what did it, they could plot against me then.”

Turning back to K’eeda after she’d scarfed down enough breakfast to regale him with her morning, B’lye’s grin got wider and wider as she spoke. It was certainly an interesting trio to contemplate, he knew both M’rek and K’rez fairly well, they did have to work together a bit, and he could pretty well imagine the various emotions that ran through the three of them this morning. Contemplating whether this was enough of a story to use in jest at a later meeting, B’lye replied, “I wonder if W’sar would have the same reaction… I’ll have to try it when he’s next back in the weyr.”

W’sar would leave you naked.

Probably, but it would still be a fun experiment.

As B’lye and Uereth conversed a little more in private about what exactly they thought W’sar’s reaction would be, and about who to use as a partner for the prank, he did note K’eeda on the move, but didn’t quite catch the interaction with Saviavi until after K’eeda spoke louder to the rest of the group.

Getting up from the table, winking to Inanna as he did so, B’lye headed out to the weyrbowl, he’d be last anyway so he might as well take his time. Meet me there love? We can watch drills this morning, take a look over the weyrlings.

Uereth, her soft green hide mottled with threadscore, rose from her weyrledge and basically stepped down to the grass of the weyrbowl, so close it was to the ground. It might have been a little more than a step, but if Aeleroth had stood next to their weyr and stretched his neck he’d be able to rest his chin comfortably on the floor of her weyr, so she beat B’lye there by a little while.

Mozying her way across the bowl, crooning to the already present dragons in welcome, she craned her neck to look at the remaining eggs. Eyeing the young candidate who was inheriting four, her eyes swirled with mirth. As unusual for other dragons as it might be, Uereth wasn’t as opposed to talking to others outside her rider, the old green’s mind touched the candidate’s for a brief moment to utter Good luck little one.

As if on que to Uereth’s blessing, the three lower ranked flitters in B’lye’s family appeared to settle on Uereth’s back, bronze Axander trailing along behind with B’lye as he reached the weyrbowl. “Ah, thank you for waiting.”

Offline Inanna

• Generous socialite
    • View Profile

• She/Her/Hers
  • turns old
  • green-rider.png
  • of Cremath
  • Miss, Khaos and Terra
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2017, 09:24:59 PM »
"Come on K'eeda, I know everyone, even this Wherry rider as you say." She said jokingly to the blue rider, skipping away happily with the two eggs.

One in each hand, she examined them. There was nothing particularly identifiable about either of the eggs, and Inanna didn't really care either way which one she got. After all, she just wanted another firelizard, she wouldn't discriminate on colour.

I want a nice sweet green, just like me.

I want a big angry bronze to make your life miserable.

Gee thanks.

"Here you go." She said, holding out both hands to K'zaya as she bounced to a stop in front of him. "Pick which one you want. I don't mind." Inanna said with a grin. "I just didn't want you to drop the egg in case K'eeda took you up on your request and threw it at you."

Offline K'zaya

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2017, 11:34:06 PM »
K'eeda's laughter had K’zaya grinning, though he paused his forward movement when she turned to speak to the brunette in front of her. He cocked his head as she took two eggs from K'eeda and beelined for him, bouncing about with what he figured was an almost unnatural perkiness considering Fyenoruth's annoyance and the lack of that morning's Klah.

Ever a socialite though, K’zaya dipped his head in greeting sith a grin as Inanna stopped in front of him, proudly holding out the two eggs and offering him one. "Awfully kind of you," he laughed, though his face blanched slightly at the proffered eggs. "It's Irana, right? We've repaired nets together before?" He spoke absently, buying time as he struggled with the choice of eggs. He'd gotten her name wrong, though he  wouldn't know unlless she corrected him. Name's weren't his strong suit, and he'd struggled enough learning what riders were in his wing let alone anothers.

His eyes were flicking between the two eggs, trying to fugure out which one the rider in front of him would prefer. Fyenoruth, however, was not so indecisive, having moved closer when Inanna first appeared and peering over his bonded's shoulder. This one will do nicely. A bronze, I'm sure. I will have much to teach him about what it is to be the biggest male, and my bonded couod do with another sensible mind in our weyr. he rumbled to Inanna and K'zaya both, reaching out with his nose to indicate the woman's left hand. Then, for K’zaya only. We must leave now. I will not be late today. Place the egg in that silly pouch of yours and let us go. Despite the kind tone with which he spoke when Inanna wass included, his clipped tone with K'zaya proved he was still not pleased with the morning thus far.

There was no discernable change in K'zaya as he nodded, relaxing as he placed his hand on the left egg though glancing quickly at Inanna to ensure she wasn't nnoyed by it. "Thanks for that. We'll have to share a drink when they hatch." He winked then, teasing ever so slightly now that the hard choices had been made. "Drills will be stwrting soon though..." he added, every ounce of distaste for them dripping on his words. "Let's just say I owe you one, hey?" He finished with another happy grin, waiting until she finished speaking before allowing Fyenoruth to whisk him away. He may not have had klah that morning, but a firelizard egg and conversation, however brief, with a beachrider was a reasonible alternative.

"THANKS K'EEDA" He shouted as an afterthought, Fyenoruth echoing his words to her blue as requested before they disappeared for their daily wing duties.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 11:35:44 PM by K'zaya »

Fyenoruth| 2 Turns | 36.6m Long | 7.32m Tall | 60.76m Wingspan
Custom Signature made by Wren

Offline Saviavi

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2017, 04:44:37 PM »
“Of course,” Savi expressed with sincerity to K’eeda as the final eggs were handed back to her. Really, it was a wonder that the candidate didn’t already have firelizards considering her obsession. As the Blue bid her his goodbye she gave him a quick curtsey, not just out of respect but also because he was a very nice dragon in her opinion.

Straightening up out of the motion she heard K’eeda’s offer. Her condition? Saviavi’s mouth broke into a wide grin, “You’re pregnant? My sympathies!” She said that in a teasing tone, but Savi herself knew very well that pregnancy wasn’t the joyful miracle that most people made it out to be. She’d been uncomfortable and nauseous and the fact that K’eeda was able to carry on with her normal rider duties was impressive.

“Thank you, though, I’ll keep that in mind.” She dipped in another curtsey directed at the bluerider, unable to further verbally express how truly thankful she was for K’eeda’s interest.

So elated was she that she didn’t take notice to anyone else. The abrupt sensation of Uereth giving her a passing wishes caught Saviavi off guard and she spun to find the source of the voice. She belonged to the wingsecond, an equally startling notion. “Thank you!” Savi called over the expanse of the weyr, to both B’lye and his Green. She brought her arm up in a wide arc, bidding them farewell with the wave.

The candidate would’ve curtsied or bowed or otherwise grovelled more but she was afraid of upsetting the basket at this point. She had to suppress the urge to skip back to the barracks. Instead she walked, slowly and deliberately, back to her rooms. Savi kept her attention trained on the ground in front of her so she could avoid holes or rocks that could trip her up in the dim morning light.

Inside her room she arranged a bed of soft cloth to bundle her quartet up in. She’d try to gather some sand from the clutching grounds later, just to be on the safe side, but this would do for now. The hour waned and she had chores to get to, but Saviavi already knew the day was going to be a good one.

OOC Recent

[Today at 11:52:30 AM]

by Kit
[Today at 06:19:49 AM]

[June 20, 2017, 05:37:10 PM]

[June 20, 2017, 05:36:36 PM]

[June 18, 2017, 09:01:44 AM]

by Kit
[June 17, 2017, 10:40:24 PM]

[June 17, 2017, 07:18:27 PM]

[June 17, 2017, 05:18:23 PM]

by Inki
[June 15, 2017, 11:43:21 PM]

[June 15, 2017, 10:36:59 PM]

[June 15, 2017, 06:40:00 PM]

[June 15, 2017, 01:12:00 PM]

[June 15, 2017, 11:11:23 AM]

[June 15, 2017, 08:20:16 AM]

[June 14, 2017, 09:03:41 PM]

Open Threads

If you have any open threads and you'd like them listed, let us know.
In-Depth Character Prompts - For SOLO Threads

Don'tcha Just Hate It When... - 21.6.2589 x Seaphonellqua

Just Teasing - 1.9.2589 x Nishi

Death by Boredom - 32.10.2589 x Callista

Weyrling Shenanigans - 5.1.2590 x Weyrlings

Sunbaking - 15.1.2590 x W'um

Klah and Long Nights - 23.1.2590 x Isotarïne

Sun and Sarcasm - 13.3.2590 x B'lye

Breakfast Delivery - 15.3.2590 x K'eeda

In the Radiant Sun - 15.3.2590 x T'lor

Three Cheers to Sweet Isolation - 17.3.2590 x Penderton

Napping on a Wher - 18.3.2590 x Sarinea