Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: We're back in business! With new events and a new skin, we hope you like the rejuvenated site.

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
4.2590 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every 4 or 5 OOC days. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Flits here, as well as whers.  There are Candidate events and classes and Crafter plots. A little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!
 photo OOCChat_zpseb6e942b.png
Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a unique colored name here.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, semi-canon Pern set beyond the 9th Pass with an altered time line. This means things have been shaken up quite a bit. We also feature 2 mutations of dragons, with roles and positions available for just about anyone. We like active players and creative writers. Even if you're new to Pern, don't hesitate. We're happy to help you get settled in!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Breakfast Delivery [15.03.2590 5:40am] K'eeda and others  (Read 159 times)

Offline Inanna

• Generous socialite
  • Beach wingrider
    • View Profile
  • turns old
  • green-rider.png
  • of Cremath
  • Bonded to one firelizard(s)
  • Khaos
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
Breakfast Delivery [15.03.2590 5:40am] K'eeda and others
« on: February 16, 2017, 03:47:29 AM »
Breakfast was good today. A little quiet perhaps. The lockdown was still reasonably fresh in the minds of all the riders, although mostly the two sevendays had given them time to think about their opinions on that matter. Not that it actually made any difference.

They could believe what they wanted, didn't stop the fact that they had been given orders. By the Weyrwoman no less. That was the end of it. Or it should be at least, but Inanna heard the grumbles from the holders, and sooner or later the restriction on the riders would get... chafing too.

No unauthorised flying. Although that was usually a given, she knew there were some who liked to push the boundaries of their wingleaders orders, not that Inanna was one of them. She was perfectly content where she was in Beach, they were always the more... amicable lot, thought, but with a little bit of spunk as well.

Speaking of spunk, K'eeda was missing. Inanna couldn't help but grin, probably had one of her bedmates trapped in bed with her and keeping them away from breakfast. But if they didn't get down here soon, they would be sure to miss out, with their fishing starting in no time at all. She wondered if she should wrap something up for her, and... she scanned around the hall, looking for who else was absent, but she couldn't see if anyone else from beach was missing. Oh well, if K'eeda hadn't shown up by the time Inanna headed out to the Weyr bowl, she might snag the bluerider a roll or two, after all, she was pregnant, it was the least she could do. Inanna remembered all too well the feeling of pregnancy, and was quite honestly, glad to be rid of it.

Spoiler for Hidden:
@SanctifiedSavage
No one post in this until Sanctified tells me I haven't fucked something up and posts with K'eeda
@Sav, I tried to give K'eeda enough time to finish up with K'rez, but if you don't like anything about it I can change it.

Y'all can jump in now

« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 03:40:49 PM by Inanna »
Inanna gave birth to daughter, Cianna on the 15.02.2590

Offline K'eeda

Re: Breakfast Delivery [15.03.2590 5:40am] K'eeda and others
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 10:57:51 AM »
This morning had been one of the more eventful ones for K’eeda. First Goldie and her damned eggs, then K’rez, and now she was walking very late into the Weyrhall in M’rek’s clothes. She didn’t really care what someone might say – it’s not like M’rek’s name was stitched into the leather. They were a bit big on her and she’d had to tie the pants quite tight, but it’d do for the day. Not like she was going to be doing anything crazy. During lunch, she’d go back up to K’rez’s weyr and sort out the clothing thing so they’d have something for tomorrow.

Useless damn flit.

That also meant she did not have a lot of time. So without ceremony, instead of sitting like any normal person, K’eeda marched up on Beach Wing table and near shouted, “Oi. Good morning the lot of you.” Then, when she was certain most were paying attention to her, she continued. “My fat Flit graced me with a bundle of eggs this morning and I’d like to get rid of them. So, ya know, come see me so I can do just that. Otherwise, I’m chucking them off the weyrledge.” It sounded like a joke. Some even laughed.

K’eeda didn’t as she finally sat down and stole a roll from another rider’s tray. 

Spoiler for OOC:
You did a great job. XD
20 weeks pregnant as of 1.3.2590

Offline Saviavi

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 07:18:24 PM »
Breakfast was always an ordeal. Usually Saviavi was dragged out of bed by some do-gooding friend that didn’t want to see her late to classes again. Her meal was set in front of her and, at times, spoon fed into her barely agreeable mouth. She was not a morning person.

Today was no different. Though enough time had passed for the klah she drank to warm her body and jumpstart her nerves, it took a woman marching onto a table to get her to drag her head up from her arms. What in Faranth’s name? Intrigued, she watched on as the rider announced her flit clutch.

“Oh!” Saviavi pushed herself up from the table. She nearly skipped over to Beach wing and waved an arm up, frantically beating it through the air to get K’eeda’s attention. “I’ll take one, please!” Then remembering the mention of the eggs getting tossed, she added, “And if you have any left overs, I’ll take those too.”

She grabbed a small empty basket from a nearby table and shoved a few napkin cloths inside to make a cradle of sorts. She may not have a dragon yet, but she’d be the best god damn flit mother on this side of Pern!

Spoiler for Hidden:
I know I said I’d take just 1 egg but.. She’d be fine with getting 4 eggs if they don’t go to NPC homes for future use :D

Offline Inanna

• Generous socialite
  • Beach wingrider
    • View Profile
  • turns old
  • green-rider.png
  • of Cremath
  • Khaos
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 07:30:11 PM »
Inanna grinned at her fellow wingmate when she called out her offer. K'eeda sure did know how to make an entrance. Wearing riding leathers that were too big for her, and almost missing out on all of breakfast, it seemed like the bluerider had definitely had an interesting morning.

"Oi! Save one for me!"

Are you sure we need another one?

It had only been a few sevendays earlier when Khaos had fallen into her lap, quite literally, but Inanna was enjoying the companionship of the brown flitter. We don't need another, but do you dislike Khaos?

No. But this time the creature should be better behaved. Khaos keeps getting in trouble by jumping on people's heads from high vantage points.

Cremath was all hot air, she adored the little firelizard, so Inanna wasn't very concerned that her green would be getting jealous, but she thought that Khaos could use a companion, or at least someone to keep him in line.

Offline Styxiss

• Hi! Don't care! Thanks!
    • View Profile
  • turns old
  • candidate.png
  • Twit the Flit
  • Sybil_Slaughter
  • Plotter
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 07:42:08 PM »
Styxiss had waken up early for once, stomach rumbling.  The former drudge loved his sleep, but the prospect of a hot breakfast proved to be more tempting than the extra fifteen minutes or so of slumber.  He was already eating in the hall when K'eeda strode in.  The woman was a stranger for the most part, but part of his mind registered her and he recalled seeing her around from time-to-time.  After a cursory glance in her direction he returned his attention to his meal, ready to dismiss her entirely.

Until he heard her announcement.

He'd been considering getting another flit to keep Twit company and maybe, MAYBE, teach him how a proper fire lizard ought to behave.  Being rather hesitant about finding another wild nest, considering how Twit had turned out, this seemed the perfect opportunity.  Maybe an egg from an actual pet flit would be a little more normal?

"Yea, over here," he called, signaling her from the table.  "Just one."  The last thing he needed was a horde of flits flying around his head and eating all his food.  A pair seemed just right.

Belatedly, he realized he had no bloody clue as to how one would care for a flit egg but that wasn't important.  Flits were everywhere and everyone seemed to have at least one.  Styxiss figured he could ask someone how easily enough.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 07:57:54 PM by Styxiss »

Offline B'lye

• Mountain Wingsecond with balance issues
  • Just arrived
    • View Profile
  • turns old
  • green-rider.png
  • of Uereth
  • Bonded to four firelizard(s)
  • Axander, Tethine, Reela and Ralee
  • RaynePOTM
  • Plotter
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 10:58:24 PM »
B’lye always took his breakfasts down in the hall. Always. Unless he’d had a bed mate. Or a late night of taste testing for the brewer hall. Or hadn’t actually slept because of an interesting discovery forced him to gleefully update all of his and the weyr’s and harper’s records. Or…

Well, B’lye almost always took his breakfasts down in the weyrhall, it was the most important meal of the day, and he could catch up with the other riders when they weren’t tired or grumpy from drills or chores. Towards the end of breakfast, as people headed off to their activities or to take care of something last minute before the day officially started, he liked to sit back and watch.

It seemed to be that whenever he just sat back to watch, that was when opportunity presented itself. Today was no different. Listening to K’eeda, a rider he admired both for her spunk and her taste in men, gave him an idea, one that split his face into a very cheeky grin.

Usually B’lye had no use for flitter announcements, he had more than enough hungry mouths of his own to take care of, today he was accompanied by his full faire of them, Reela on his shoulder and the others soaring about in the rafters with the other flits. But seeing the eclectic range of people that volunteered for this clutch reminded him of someone who absolutely didn’t have enough people to take care of. Mainly because she took care of everyone regardless of how much he told her to chill out and have a casual romp to let off some tension. Having a single, what she occassionally called tiny dragon, to help her out would be a wonderful present to celebrate almost a full year of her putting up with him.

Picking up the last of his food and feeding it to Reela, who took to the air after scarfing it down, he picked up his crutches and made his way towards the impressive blue rider. “Good morning, my dear. Looks like you had an interesting night, must say I am equal parts intrigued and pre-emptively envious. How far along are the eggs? I believe I have the perfect home for… well we’ll just start with one of them.”

She's going to yell at you.

Ooohhh, really? I can't remember her ever being that angry?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 11:00:10 PM by B'lye »

Offline K'eeda

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 12:24:58 AM »
K’eeda planned on passing them out to the first people to express interest. She didn’t want to trade, she didn’t want to make a deal, she wanted the eggs out of her… out of K’rez’s damn weyr so she could actually gather up her clothes. Not that Goldie would care either way. She’d never been a really broody Gold, mostly because she knew that K’eeda was always quick about finding her eggs good homes.

Because Goldie was always laying her eggs in obnoxious places.

The first response was certainly enthusiastic. The girl had K’eeda flinching at her early morning exuberance, but she smiled eventually. The girl had come from the Candidate tables. One egg for her? Sure, why not. Though, when the girl added she’d take more if there were any leftover she actually brightened K’eeda’s mood. “That’s what I’m talking about.” The Candidate seemed ready to go now, so K’eeda had to wave a hand to signal she needed a moment. “Let me get some breakfast in me.”

When Inanna expressed interest, K’eeda actually smiled at her fellow Wingrider and shot her a wink. “Anything for a pretty face.” No matter the bad mood she might be in, she didn’t generally take it out on those around her. So, one for Inanna. Not bad. Fourteen to go.

Then, someone she didn’t know haled her from another table. The Candidate table? Sure, whatever worked. She waved in kind to let him know she’d heard. “Catch me right after I scarf this roll down then,” she hollered back. The less time she had the eggs, the better.

Of all the people K’eeda thought might approach her, the distinctive Mountain Wingsecond was not one of them. K’eeda actually sat up a little straighter when he approached. She wasn’t usually one to pay particular attention to rank but she actually greatly respected B’lye and his Green. A Wingsecond given their color? She couldn’t help but be impressed. “They were just laid this morning,” she answered. “And there’s no way I can keep them for the next however long it takes for them to hatch. But if you want one, consider it yours.”
20 weeks pregnant as of 1.3.2590

Offline B'lye

• Mountain Wingsecond with balance issues
  • Just arrived
    • View Profile
  • turns old
  • green-rider.png
  • of Uereth
  • Bonded to four firelizard(s)
  • Axander, Tethine, Reela and Ralee
  • RaynePOTM
  • Plotter
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 12:57:23 AM »
B’lye’s face split into an even bigger grin, “Excellent!” It didn’t really matter that he sounded like every cartoon villain from the old Earth, he was planning something devious. Plonking his butt down in the vacant seat next to K’eeda, relaxing slightly, he patiently waited for her to finish her food. He had been paying marginal attention to her other replies while his mind whirred with possibilities.

Calling down his bronze Axander from the rafters, B’lye absentmindedly scratched the bronze eye ridges as he said plainly. “You’re on egg guarding duty until it hatches. Don’t let your brothers anywhere near it. Probably best you don’t let me near it either for that matter.”

Turning back to the bluerider as she ate her breakfast, “Speaking of things I shouldn’t be let near, want to tell me the story behind your, oh so stylish attire? If I say pretty please?” Finishing with one of his most brilliant smiles, he didn’t need to try so hard to concentrate with the thought of an interesting story looming.

Twisting also to include Inanna in the conversation, another green rider he’d seen over the occasion but hadn’t had more than a passing acquaintanceship with, he added “you seem keen for another? How many d’you have already, dear?”

Offline Inanna

• Generous socialite
  • Beach wingrider
    • View Profile
  • turns old
  • green-rider.png
  • of Cremath
  • Khaos
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 01:29:29 AM »
Inanna grinned at K'eeda's response, and winked back at the blue rider. So she was getting an egg after all, this was going to work out just great.

You're going to become that crazy firelizard lady you know that. Living on your own with a whole fair in your bed.

Well wouldn't you be happy about that. Cremath wasn't offended by that, it was true, if Inanna didn't bring anyone back to their Weyr she would be a happy dragon indeed, but she knew her bonded would not.

Grinning at B'lye she answered his question, happy that he had decided to include her, because she too was curious to know the story behind K'eeda's current attire. Not that it was a hard thing to guess, after all, the blue rider was a notorious over-sharer.

"Just the one at the moment." She pointed up towards the top of a high storage cupboard on the far wall, where Khaos was perched, ready to jump on the head of an unsuspecting victim. "He's a nightmare, I thought I should try my luck with another one."

Offline Saviavi

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 04:55:23 PM »
The girl didn’t skip a beat as K’eeda told her to wait. She flounced back a few respectful steps and lurked like a misfit trying to creep their way into the cool kid’s table. Basket clutched in front of her, hands gripping the top arc of it in such a way that her palms were protesting as the edge of it bit into them.

Her head turned back to the candidate table and she offered Styxiss a smile. She didn’t know him, but she wished she’d been a little less eager and had just remained there like him. Now that she was here she felt she had to stay, the odd man out among these functioning and proven members of society.

She saw the handicapped rider approach and then also overheard the conversation topic he’d picked. Saviavi knew of him, of course, but hadn’t been so close before. She tried not to stare at the space where his leg should’ve been. She instead stared at K’eeda, and her clothing, as it was remarked upon. Saviavi would never judge someone on their choice of morals, but she certainly had strong feelings toward fashion and the Bluerider was not winning her over in that regard. Her mouth wore a frown but her forehead was knit together with internal turmoil. It wasn’t her place to offer suggestions on how another person, especially a rider, dresses. Vi looked awkwardly toward the ceiling, it was her safest bet.

Offline Styxiss

• Hi! Don't care! Thanks!
    • View Profile
  • turns old
  • candidate.png
  • Twit the Flit
  • Sybil_Slaughter
  • Plotter
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 09:54:23 AM »
K'eeda had agreed to give him an egg after she'd eaten.  Styxiss nodded at her and gave her a thumbs up.  Nice.  He even smiled with satisfaction.  That had been easy enough, hadn't it?  The former drudge began to go over what he knew of caring for eggs.  They had to be kept warm, for one; so he should probably figure out a place to keep it where it wouldn't be disturbed.  How would he make sure it stayed warm though?  Wrap it in furs and stick it in a pouch maybe?  Yea, that sounded good enough.  Or maybe he'd make Twit sit on it until it hatched.   Styx smirked, yea, he'd love that.

He watched as several other people came forward and called out to claim a flit egg, including one girl who seemed very eager.  She even said that she'd take all the extra should there be any.  Styx shook his head; better her than him, to be honest.  Another was a rider if he wasn't mistaken.  Looked like he'd been through it too.  Very impressive.  The young man nodded absently; quite impressive indeed.

He continued to observe the few others who'd come forward with waning interest.  The one girl, the eager one, was standing to the side and waiting for the rider to finish her morning meal.  She saw him watching and offered him a smile.  He returned it amicably enough and tipped her a small salute before going back to his meal and tearing into a roll of his own.  There was much to be done today, and he'd a feeling he'd need the energy.

OOC Recent

[February 22, 2017, 09:28:15 PM]

[February 22, 2017, 08:25:55 PM]

by Pony
[February 22, 2017, 07:28:40 PM]

[February 22, 2017, 05:45:29 PM]

by Red
[February 22, 2017, 05:34:08 PM]

by Wren
[February 22, 2017, 01:35:44 PM]

by Wren
[February 22, 2017, 01:15:43 PM]