Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

Required Reading
links to read before you join

Ic Info
Character information, Applications, and Adoptables

Bestiarum
The notable fauna of SWW

OOC Extras
Fun things around the forum to wittle at time between posts or links to OOC info

A comprehensive list of links to all our info

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
8.2591 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every OOC week. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Whers here, though not for firelizards.  There are Candidate events, Weyrling classes, Holder plots, and Crafthall developments -- a little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!
 photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Southern Winds is Moving!!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We've been on SMF for almost 5 years, and while it's been good to us, it's time to shuffle on over to Jcink. We're packing everything up and moving over:

Come along with us to : Southern Winds @ Jcink!

Author Topic: Private Found you! [15.04.2590/12.37pm] Y'tol  (Read 1082 times)

Offline Nishi

Found you! [15.04.2590/12.37pm] Y'tol
« on: February 25, 2017, 02:56:44 PM »
She could almost taste graduation. It was so close, only half a turn away. Then she would finally be a dragon rider. At least… she wouldn’t be a weyrling anymore. She already was riding a dragon. A slightly smaller one than she’d hoped, but Xasheyth was the most beautiful of the Greens and she did have enough attitude to consider herself Queen-equivalent.

Xasheyth probably wouldn’t grow any bigger than she was now, most dragons reached their mature size at a turn and a half and they were getting very close. She wasn’t exactly a small Green, she was just petite.

Other acceptable words would be beautiful, graceful, elegant, poised.

Rolling her eyes, knowing her bonded would feel it, but couldn’t see it from where Nishi stood in the dining hall, Nishi bravely swallowed any comment back. Xasheyth was confident, but Nishi did worry that she’d hurt the dragons feelings, and even though Nishi still didn’t… know… why she’d been chosen for a Greenrider instead of a Queen, she did love Xasheyth.

Sitting at a table with the other weyrlings, chatting to friends and commiserating about saddle sores, although she was pretty sure her arse had turned to leather about three months into training, Nishi pondered over what exactly graduation would mean.

Finally she’d get a Wing. Obviously she wanted Jungle the most, but she’d met the fearsome R’sin once or twice and new he wouldn’t take anyone straight out of training, although she quietly thought he was missing out by not taking her straight away, she and Xasheyth were already, ready for Jungle. Nishi didn’t mind going into Beach first, after all, those were the riders she’d grown up watching. And then she’d be able to go back to fishing for a little, surely her knowledge would impress her Wingleader.

Graduation also meant not having to share the weyrling barracks, which she was very excited for. She’d always been used to sharing rooms, from the crèche to a duel apprentice room, then the candidate rooms and finally the weyrling barracks, so the prospect of having her very own weyr was… incredible. Sure she’d have to share with Xasheyth, but that wasn’t exactly a chore.

She might also be able to find someone else to share with, another dragon rider. It wasn’t that she really missed being able to share a bed with someone, but she did miss knowing flirty interactions would go somewhere. Now they just kinda got awkward after a while and Nishi hated awkward.

While one of her Greenrider friends took over the conversation for a bit, Nishi rested her head on her fist, propped up by her elbow on the table, and surveyed the room, specifically the rider tables. Soon, she thought, I’ll be one of you soon.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 01:53:33 PM by SirAlahn »
Green Xasheyth
22.8m Long| 5m Tall| 40.02m Wings
Will be graduating in the tenth month of 2590.

Offline Y'tol

• Proud Jungle Bronzer
  • Let's go talk, in your Weyr, in your bedfurs
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • bronze-rider.png
  • of Bayorth
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
Re: Found you! [15.04.2590/12.37pm] Y'tol
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 09:57:29 PM »
The dining hall was loud today. Not that it wasn't usually loud, but it seemed like something special today. Whether or not it was because of the closeness to a few upheavals in the Weyr, he didn't know, but regardless, it was loud.

Whispers had gone around in the first few days after Imyth's flight had been won. A brown had one a Queen flight. Sure he was a big brown, and sure, if any brown was going to win a Queen flight, it would probably had been from either Mountain Wing or Jungle Wing. And SURE most of Jungle Wing had protested that flight that day, including himself. But it was still a source of contention.

Y'tol himself, wasn't too bothered. If he cared about winning Weyrleadership, he wouldn't have protested the flight that day, Bayorth had given him enough grief about it after all. Perhaps they had to share a portion of the blame, if they had abstained from the flight, perhaps Maelbororth wouldn't have won. In fact that's incredibly likely. So Y'tol chose not to really care about it.

Sure, bronzes should win Gold flights. But it had happened, and now they would just have to see the mettle of the man. After all, he had his work cut out for him with the current Weyrleadership.

"Oi, Y'tol! Why you so quiet over there?" He was heckled loudly by a bronze rider sitting further down the Jungle table.

"I'm thinking!" He shouted back, equally loud to be heard over the din of the hall.

"That's a dangerous past time, Y'tol!"

"Oh shove off!" Y'tol responded with a grin, pegging his bread roll at the riders head, to plucked it out of the air and took a bite. And so he was swept back up into the conversation, pushing the thought of Weyrleadership out of his mind.

Length 37.1m ~ Height 7.42m ~ Wingspan 61.5m

Offline Nishi

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 07:02:39 AM »
Nishi’s mind froze. That name… I know that name…

Whipping her head back around towards the other tables, Nishi almost gave herself whiplash and a headspin at the same time. Ignoring the sharp pain in her neck and the tight feeling in her chest as she forgot to breath, the young greenrider’s eyes scanned the room for the masculine voice that shouted back in comradery over the din of the hall.

Mine? What is it?

Finally spotting him, with his dark slightly tousled hair, lose fitting shirt and easy smile, Nishi practically hissed. It WAS him. There. In the same room as her. He was right there. This whole time he’d been sitting no more than a table length away from her and she’d had no idea.

Mine?

ohshardsohshardsohshardsohshards… he’s here Xasheyth, he’s here! What do I do? What do I say?

Who?

I’ve got to say something… anything… I have to, I just don’t know what…

Who Mine?

Rising from the bench, leaving her lunch and her confused friends behind without a word, Nishi hesitantly walked towards the bench that the older riders were sitting at. Hands crossed together in front of her, to stop herself doing something stupid like reaching out to touch him, just to see if he was real, Nishi stopped in front of the bench and rocked back on her heels.

Mind still whirring with a thousand different scenarios about how this scene should play out, her mouth jumped the gun before she could figure out which was the best approach. “HellomynameisNishiandI’magreenrider,” swiftly and without break or breath, the words tumbled out of Nishi’s mouth before her eyes went wide and she slapped her hands over her lips as if they could stop any more foolish and embarrassing words tumbling out.

Nishi’s mind went back to whirring once more, this time trying to decide whether to flee or try and explain, which means she ended up just standing there, hands clapped over her mouth, staring at him in horror.

MINE! WHO?

My father…
Green Xasheyth

Offline Y'tol

• Proud Jungle Bronzer
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • bronze-rider.png
  • of Bayorth
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 12:49:12 AM »
Y'tol wasn't facing Nishi's direction when she approached, still mid-conversation with the rest of his wing, it wasn't until someone across from him, raised their eyes at something behind Y'tol, that he turned around to look at what was so interesting.

The rushed words were very cute, but he had to run the sentence back over in his mind to try and figure out what is was they she had actually said. As he hesitated, a smile spread across his face, handsome and charming, she had approached him after all.

He stood, reaching to pull one of her hands from her face, and bowed over it, kissing the back of her hand. "Well, it's very nice to meet you Nishi." Smooth and sultru.

She seemed young, for all he knew, she could be a Weyrling and therefore unavailable. Y'tol was not unaware of the effect he had upon some women, he was nice to look at, he made the most of it, and besides, she had approached him, there must have something she liked about him.

However, when she continued to stand there, just gaping at him, Y'tol was... well, a little confused.

She's a strange one. And I don't think she wants to get into your Weyr.

How would you know?

"Um, is their anything I can help you with darling?"

Offline Nishi

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 04:10:36 PM »
From most people, she would have welcomed such a charming gesture, especially in the face of her embarrassing introduction, but from him? Nishi yanked her hand from his and jumped back with a small squeal, before realising how rude that would have seemed to everyone else down the table with eyes now on them.

“Sorry! I didn’t, um, I mean, sorry!”

Still staring at him, cheeks heating so much so that she thought a bunch of flits would probably enjoy sunbaking on them, she tried to find some of her usual easy composure by smoothing out her already pristine outfit. Taking a deep breath as she did so, Nishi tried for a more pleasant smile, but it turned out a little shaky and probably pretty concerning to everyone in the nearby vicinity.

Clearing her throat, the young weyrling tried again, “sorry, I meant, my name was Nishitol.” Eyes flicking up to his with the emphasis on the last syllable, Nishi wasn’t quite sure if that was enough for him to catch her meaning.

This is going well. Xasheyth was probably trying to be helpful… it didn’t have the desired effect.

Oh shards, you’re right. Mind voice filled with regret and mild panic. Nishi figured it was time to go. Never had she made such a fool of herself in front of people before, and she managed to do so in front of the entire Weyr, at dinner, with her father.

She was going to have to do something drastic… like fly back to the mainland and start her own Weyr. She would be queen after all, queen of her own Weyr with no one else who could remember this incident. Her legs were already moving, backing away from the table of dragonriders with small polite steps.

Offering Y’tol a polite but tight lipped smile as she backed away, she quickly said, “never mind, ignore me, have a nice day,” before her legs kicked into overdrive and she not quite ran, but definitely sped her way towards the exit.
Green Xasheyth

Offline Y'tol

• Proud Jungle Bronzer
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • bronze-rider.png
  • of Bayorth
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 02:00:43 PM »
What... on Pern was going on?

Don't just let her run away. The dark bronze submitted helpfully, almost gleefully at the sight of her fleeing and Y'tol sitting there dumbstruck.

What do you know that I don't.

Bayorth, unhelpfully, didn't answer. Nevertheless, it didn't take Y'tol long to stumble to his feet and hurry after her, shouting out a quick. "Hey! Come... back!" As he untangled his legs from the bench and the wide table.

He caught up with her by the exit, reaching out to grab her arm to make her stop, but hesitating before he did so, not wanting to yank her harshly if she decided to flee again. "What do you mean your name was Nishitol?"

Spoiler for Hidden:
Is this close enough? Yeah. Sure.

Tags:

OOC Recent

[October 24, 2019, 08:10:14 AM]

[October 21, 2019, 05:02:13 AM]

[June 08, 2019, 04:55:13 PM]

[June 02, 2019, 06:50:51 PM]

[May 21, 2019, 03:08:17 PM]

[May 21, 2019, 01:33:00 PM]

by Inki
[May 15, 2019, 11:59:05 PM]

[April 20, 2019, 12:17:43 PM]

[April 20, 2019, 11:24:26 AM]

[April 20, 2019, 08:49:49 AM]

[April 16, 2019, 12:33:48 PM]

[April 16, 2019, 12:32:54 PM]

[April 05, 2019, 07:49:27 PM]

[April 05, 2019, 07:47:24 PM]

[April 05, 2019, 07:44:45 PM]
Pern RPs | Other RPs
Rainbow Mists Weyr
Canyon River Weyr
|
Fortune Favors the Brave
Destiny of Pern
|
World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP
OSH
Innovo Weyr
Under the Wings
Pern Unbound
|
Xenedria: Scifi Master/slave RPG
In Rukbats Shadow
|
World of Oarth
Felth's Heart
THE DARK AND HOLLOW PLACES

Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! |
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Blood Law - Anitaverse RPG
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!