Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Most of the site is visible to guests, though we do have a Member's Only forum and an IC Cbox that becomes available once you join!

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
4.2590 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every 4 or 5 OOC days. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Flits here, as well as whers.  There are Candidate events and classes and Crafter plots. A little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!
 photo OOCChat_zpseb6e942b.png
Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a unique colored name here.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Will You? [15.04.2590 ~ 8pm] Yinaya  (Read 226 times)

Offline Fisk

• Senior Journeyman Fisher
  • *is way too happy elbow deep in fish guts*
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • fisher.png
  • Bonded to one firelizard(s)
  • Seafoam
  • Bonded to two wher(s)
  • Isk and Yinsk
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
Will You? [15.04.2590 ~ 8pm] Yinaya
« on: March 14, 2017, 05:43:41 AM »
This was the day.

After bugging the smiths for a solid month, Fisk had finally been able to go collect the ring. The ring with which he would ask Yinaya if she would consider accepting a little bit of his lifestyle and marry him. He wouldn't be... particularly offended if she said no, but he hoped that she would be able to see that it was important to him, even if it wasn't to her.

He understood that it was not the Weyr way, but he wanted to commit himself to her, wanted to be able to show everyone that they belonged to each other.

Which is also why he had gone with the idea of a ring. Some married couples chose to make torques for each other, some chose nothing at all, but with her drills and flying, he thought that a ring would be the least obtrusive piece of jewellery for her to wear. In any case, if she didn't want to wear it, he could make a necklace for her, or a pouch, or simply a box for her to keep it in in her Weyr. Fisk didn't care. He just wanted to make that effort.

Personally, he would be wearing a ring himself, not as fancy as hers, mostly just cobbled together with the remaining material that the smiths had, Fisk had had to trade a hell of a lot of labour just for her ring, and had even had to find the material to make a hand reel for one of the smiths as part of their bargain, so he didn't really mind what his turned out like in the end.

He had asked her to meet him by the docks, where they had first met, because what better place to ask than here?

Spoiler for Hidden:
@SanctifiedSavage Ask and you shall receive  :love:
So I debated on having Fisk allow Ysmie hiding in the bushes somewhere to watch or something, but I could decide, so it's up to you. If they end up having celebratory sex somewhere out of sight, maybe it's not the best idea for Ysmie to be there XD He could have always told her that he was going to ask and that he'd meet up with all who cared back at the Weyrhall or something?

Powerplay allowed by Yinaya

Offline Yinaya

Re: Will You? [15.04.2590 ~ 8pm] Yinaya
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 05:18:23 AM »
Yinaya was the overly optimist sort. At least since the Pass had ended and life seemed to be falling into place. Finding some of her children, being able to enjoy life, and now working her way into a relationship with a Crafter. It was funny how life worked out, but she’d not have it any other way.

Not at all.

Yinaya didn’t miss Thread. Didn’t miss the drills, the tense Wings, the danger or the strict rule that had governed their lives. She was quite happy with the way things were working out now. Sure, things were still hard. Food was always a concern, rations were a thing but had always been, and the island had their own dangers. But it seemed so… small, so inconsequential when she could wake up and look to the sky and it was just… profoundly empty.

More importantly, it was so blue. When it wasn’t filled with Thread and dragon fire, the sky was beautiful.

Yinaya had such an appreciation for life now that she couldn’t help but want to enjoy it all. If that meant chasing after a previously elusive Fisher, so be it. If it meant occasionally skipping out on drills, she’d take the extra chores too. What did it all matter when everything was simply so lovely?

If someone had told her during the Pass she’d spend part of her day gutting fish, she’d have laughed. Not the carefree laugh she had now, but a bitter, humorless, tightlipped sound that seemed more appropriate for Y’vis.

She’d been running a little late this evening since she’d promised Yaina she’d let the little girl play with Rantasyth. The Green adored the girl more than nearly anything else. It was almost like Rantasyth wanted to Impress to her instead.

I do not, she remarked as she landed near the Fisher Hall.

“Almost,” Yinaya remarked with affection, sliding off her dragon. “Besides, it’s good for Yaina to have you as a friend. I don’t think she has too many people to play with.” Saying it aloud made her sad. Maybe Fisk would take the little girl under his guidance? She seemed so alone sometimes but she had such a love for the ocean. Yinaya was hesitant to ask though. Was that too presumptuous given their relationship? Was that asking too much? Yinaya didn’t know how to navigate this sort of thing when it came to previous children in a new relationship.

Well, not exactly a new relationship. But Fisk wasn’t her father either.

You’re over thinking it, the Green remarked.

“Yeah, probably,” Yinaya murmured as she walked down the dock toward the sweet man of her dreams. She didn’t know why he’d wanted to meet there but neither did she mind. Yinaya was all for relaxing near the ocean if that’s what he wanted to do for a bit.

Length: 20.1M || Height: 3.8M || Wingspan: 33.4M
Powerplay allowed by Fisk

Offline Fisk

• View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • fisher.png
  • Seafoam
  • Bonded to two wher(s)
  • Isk and Yinsk
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 06:18:12 PM »
His heart seemed to grow in his chest as he watched her walk down towards him, a wide smile creeping across his face. Bowing his head in greeting to Rantasyth in the distance, before he turned his attention back towards Yinaya.

"Hey you." Fisk said, pulling her in towards him to give her a kiss on the lips, but he pulled back before either of them could depend the move. He had a question to ask, and he wasn't going to be distracted from it, no matter how distracting she could be.

"Come with me, my dear." He said, holding out his arm so she could link hers with his, before Fisk led her to sit on the edge of the dock. A small glow had been placed hanging off both of the wooden pillars which anchored the dock to the sand underneath, it shed a warm soft light over both of them, their feet dangling off the edge.

Pulling her hands into his lap, and enveloping them in his own, Fisk spoke. "Okay, so I brought you here to ask you a question, it's not anything bad, don't worry," he added quickly, "I just need you to let me say my whole thing, before you respond to anything, is that okay?"

Spoiler for Hidden:
SO I DID IT
Sorry for it not being as good as the original post, but at least the general idea is here.

Offline Yinaya

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 01:54:02 AM »
Yinaya was delighted with the greeting kiss, though she’d have been just as happy to pull him down on the docks there too. It was late. No one was around. Or at least, no one she cared about. All the kiddos would be already be tucked away. But he seemed intent on something, so she was fine with that too. She could tussle about with him later.

Especially if it meant they could enjoy the play of the glow light over the water. While she had more opportunities to appreciate moments like this now that there was no Thread in the sky, neither was she above taking the chance to simply enjoy quiet moments when they were presented to her. Yinaya took a deep breath of the cool ocean breeze and closed her eyes, only a moment, to take it in.

She’d thought he’d intended them to enjoy the scene, but then he took her hands in his, drawing her attention to him. She quirked a brow and smiled a little, despite herself. He looked so sweet and serious in the glow light and shadows but she solemnly nodded. “Mm, I promise to let you finish.”

Offline Fisk

• View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • fisher.png
  • Seafoam
  • Bonded to two wher(s)
  • Isk and Yinsk
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 09:28:11 PM »
He took a deep breath.

This was it. Fisk could lose it all at this moment, he knew. Yinaya could tell him she wasn't prepared for this, tell him that she had decided he wasn't what she wanted, wasn't what she needed.

But he had to try. Whether or not she actually wanted to get married. He didn't really care. Fisk simply wanted to show her how much he cared for her, show her, as crafters and holders often did by a marriage proposal, what she meant to him.

"Yinaya. I've never met anyone I care about more than you. I love Rantasyth, I'm going to love your kids. And I want to spent the rest of my life with you. I know this doesn't mean much to riders, I know it's foreign and strange, but, I just want you to know that... you're the only person I want to be with."

A pause, before he reached into his pocket to draw out the ring he had made for her.

"I know it's not what riders do, and I know that we haven't known each other very long. And by Faranth I'm sure I'm going to continue frustrating you, and I'm going to be a blustering idiot, but there's no one else I want to live in the Interval with. And... I want everyone else to know that too. That we belong with each other, and no matter what we are, who we are, we'll figure it out. Whatever happens."

He opened the small wooden box, revealing the ring inside. It was thick enough that Yinaya wouldn't have to be worried about damaging it during drills. Sturdy and silver, but delicately detailed with waves across it's surface. It reminded him of the day they met. Hopefully it would remind her too.

"Marry me Yinaya. Or shard it, don't marry me if you think it's stupid. Just know that I want to do it the crafter way, and the rider way, and any other way I can think of. Let me call you my wife, and my Weyrmate and all of the above."

Spoiler for OOC:
*dies*
This is the ring  :love:
Edit the link isn't working so here
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 09:35:15 PM by Fisk »

Offline Yinaya

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 07:00:54 AM »
Her smile vanished a little when he took a breath to prepare himself. So it was serious. Really serious. Her mind raced to figure it out for the span of a breath before she simply cleared her mind.

No. She’d wait. For whatever it was and deal with whatever he said.

When Fisk started talking, her eyes went a little wide and her breath caught. Was he… was he actually proposing? To her? Is that what he was doing? She didn’t blink, didn’t look away from him. His words seemed to be the only thing that existed in the world.

A Crafter – Fisk – was going to propose to her. A Rider. She was definitely sure of it when he reached in his pocket.

Yup. That was a ring. Her attention fixed on it. Yinaya could barely wonder where he’d managed to get it before she was reminded that, yes, he was proposing. To her.

There was an uncomfortable amount of silence after he’d asked while she was still processing the fact that he’d asked before she tentatively reached for the ring. “You really want to marry me?” It didn’t seem like a real question, just something she murmured more to herself before Yinaya finally looked up at Fisk. Just as her index finger traced the ring. “If you’ll have me, Fisk, I’ll marry you.”

That he would want to marry her was beyond anything she’d have ever thought…

OOC Recent

[Today at 11:52:30 AM]

by Kit
[Today at 06:19:49 AM]

[June 20, 2017, 05:37:10 PM]

[June 20, 2017, 05:36:36 PM]

[June 18, 2017, 09:01:44 AM]

by Kit
[June 17, 2017, 10:40:24 PM]

[June 17, 2017, 07:18:27 PM]

[June 17, 2017, 05:18:23 PM]

by Inki
[June 15, 2017, 11:43:21 PM]

[June 15, 2017, 10:36:59 PM]

[June 15, 2017, 06:40:00 PM]

[June 15, 2017, 01:12:00 PM]

[June 15, 2017, 11:11:23 AM]

[June 15, 2017, 08:20:16 AM]

[June 14, 2017, 09:03:41 PM]

Open Threads

If you have any open threads and you'd like them listed, let us know.
In-Depth Character Prompts - For SOLO Threads

Don'tcha Just Hate It When... - 21.6.2589 x Seaphonellqua

Just Teasing - 1.9.2589 x Nishi

Death by Boredom - 32.10.2589 x Callista

Weyrling Shenanigans - 5.1.2590 x Weyrlings

Sunbaking - 15.1.2590 x W'um

Klah and Long Nights - 23.1.2590 x Isotarïne

Sun and Sarcasm - 13.3.2590 x B'lye

Breakfast Delivery - 15.3.2590 x K'eeda

In the Radiant Sun - 15.3.2590 x T'lor

Three Cheers to Sweet Isolation - 17.3.2590 x Penderton

Napping on a Wher - 18.3.2590 x Sarinea