Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: We have four different themes for the Site, which you can change with a dropdown at the bottom. Named after the different Wings of Southern Wings Weyr : Jungle, Beach, Prairie, and Mountain.

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
8.2590 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every 4 or 5 OOC days. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Flits here, as well as whers.  There are Candidate events and classes and Crafter plots. A little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!

Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a colored name here.

Remember,
this holds no IC consequence and is only for fun.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Dashin's Plotter  (Read 1289 times)

Offline Dashin

Dashin's Plotter
« on: March 28, 2017, 05:11:40 PM »
Dashin's Plot Thread
OF DOOM

K'ran & Harloth
I gave you hell through all the years
K'ran is an easygoing, friendly bluerider in Beach Wing. He's fiercely loyal and always willing to engage in conversation--or other things, if they swing that way.

Wants
   ►Beach Wing Buddies: K'ran is a social creature at heart, and whether everyone likes him or not, I'd love to get some friendships/not-so-friendships going within the wing. Would rather not do anything knock-down-drag-out disliking each other because Kal is a little too loyal to his Wing to let personal problems get in the way, but vague irritants and clashing personalities are definitely not out of the question.
   ►Actual Enemies: Just because K'ran doesn't want his arch nemesis to be in the same wing as him doesn't mean he doesn't need an arch nemesis.
   ►Lovers & Bedpartners: K'ran's not interested in settling down with a weyrmate, but he certainly enjoys having a warm body in his bed from time to time. Whether it's the result of a Flight or just because they want to. He's not completely averse to sleeping with women, especially if they're already fairly close emotionally, but definitely prefers men outside of flightlust.

Connections
   ►Q'nys & Niazyth, by SirAlahn. Friends. With benefits. It's fun.
   ►Laimora & Daraneth, by Mareep. Fellow Beachrider and regular wing...woman, the two of them are easy friends and are always ready to help each other out in wrangling up bedmates when they want them.
Coded by SanctifiedSavage for SWW

A'srian & Cosilanth
I've been trying to open my eyes

A'srian and Cosilanth are roughly halfway through their weyrlinghood and still working on fitting into the shoes of a bronze pair. Friends, enemies, acquaintances, adventures, anything that doesn't break the rules is basically a go for him. I don't have any specific plans for these two at the moment aside from letting the two of them grow up and figure out their place in the Weyr. A'srian is currently adored by one firelizard; Prim.

Wants
   ►Friends: Basically what it says. A'srian likes people, even if he's not necessarily the greatest conversationalist, and he tries to always make an honest effort.
   ►Enemies: Nothing too crazy, but nobody gets along with everyone they meet, and A'srian's no exception.
   ►Dragon Shenanigans: Cosilanth is just as much a personality as his rider, and being a bronze, especially as a weyrling, he thinks he has a lot to prove. So he's out to do just that. As a writer, dragon-centric threads are some of my favorites, because it gives me a chance to focus on said dragon without feeling too guilty about neglecting his rider.
   ►Weyrling Activities: Pretty self-explanatory. So much to be done in 18 months, and since these weyrlings spend so much time together it'd be weird if they never hung out, got into trouble, helped each other out, right?
   ►Serious Stuff: Everyone loves drama! Wouldn't say no to encounters with riders from the different wings specifically for the purpose of A'srian and Cosilanth deciding where they want to end up once they graduate.
   ►Crafter Friends: Alright, so one of A'srian's truly dramatic qualities is a burning insecurity over the fact that he never really bothered to apprentice to any Crafts before Impressing. Not that it would do too much good right now, with all the weyrling responsibilities, but it might be nice for him to make some Crafter friends and learn a little more about some of the skills required for certain things.

Connections
   ►None Yet!

B'ryn & Nikolyth
What if I told you there's no fixing me?

B'ryn is a moody greenrider with a too-devoted dragon who absolutely thrives in Jungle Wing. It's hard work, but that's the best thing for him, as it makes it easy to bury himself in exhaustion and more important things to worry about than his own personal issues. He's not particularly friendly, but to those who manage to crack his defensive shell he's one of the most loyal friends a person can have. B'ryn is currently loved by three firelizards; Khaylin, Nalero and Keliall.

Wants
   ►Friends: He certainly doesn't have many, but those B'ryn would truly call 'friend' are ones that he needs to lean on when things get a little too heavy for him to bear on his own.
   ►Jungle Wing Things: As B'ryn tries his best to pretend that his entire life revolved around Jungle Wing, it stands to reason that he's at least relatively close to most of his wingmates, even if they wouldn't technically call him a 'friend'

Connections
   ►None Yet!

Candidate Thealdrae
Somebody save your soul
Thealdrae is a headstrong, determined young woman with what she sees as nothing to lose from going through with riding out her Candidacy within the Weyr, even if she never does Impress. Raised by a relatively Holdbound family, Thea is what one might call estranged--especially from her father. She's closer to her mother and siblings, though less so since being Searched.

Wants
   ►Friends: Though she can be hard to deal with at times, Thea is the type that thrives on the company of those she considers her friends. People she trusts tend to be few and far between so she savors them mightily.
   ►Enemies: Friends are all well and good, but enemies can be even more fun. It's very likely that her abrasive personality is bound to make her her fair share of enemies.
   ►Candidate Things: Always down for anything Candidate-related; Thea definitely gets into her fair share of trouble, though never enough to truly jeopardize her chances of being able to Stand.

Connections
   ►Z'ryr & Rhymoth, by Inki. Z'ryr is Thea's mentor and likely one of the first riders that she's on truly friendly terms with.

K'eir & Sicharth
words words words
Fairly typically for a Creche-raised dragonrider, K'eir doesn't have a whole lot in the way of familial relationships; his wing is more his family than anything else, though he puts a certain amount of effort into keeping track of his growing list of children. Left to his own devices, K'eir would be more than happy to spend the vast majority of his small amount of free time on his own. Luckily he has a very aware, serious dragon who knows that can't be good for him, and has therefore developed a charming habit of setting his rider up with people (mostly other riders), whether simple social situations or something a little more exciting. He's currently bonded to two firelizards; Thirrus and Dahlia.

Wants
   ►Friends: Though the vast majority of K'eir's time is spent outside the Weyr, he's always appreciative of the friendships he does have when he returns home; it helps normalize his mental state, in a way, and it's always nice to have something--someone, even--to look forward to when he returns.
   ►Flight Partners: Especially re: gold flights, K'eir would love to have someone that he can rely on to be willing to keep him company during/after flights that Sicharth either doesn't participate in or loses. At this point any relationships of this type would be strictly of the casual type, though the possibility of more down the road certainly isn't out of the question.
   ►Harper Buddies: Despite the fact that K'eir never became an Apprentice in any Craft, if he'd had the chance or the choice it would have been with the Harpers. He's always loved history and learning, something that played a big role in his decision to try for Mountain Wing. It's a good bet that if K'eir isn't in his Weyr or the Dining Hall, he's probably with the Harpers doing something.

Connections
   ►Weyrling Nishi & Xasheyth, by RaynePOTM. Nishi is a soon-to-be-graduating Weyrling, and the mother of two of K'eir's children. Both K'eir and Sicharth are rather fond of the greenpair.
   ►Weyrling Nalise & Hiakimth, by CatTiff. Nalise is another baby momma,
 though K'eir has not made any effort to keep in touch with her.
   ►Weyrling Teeahn & Jyndith, by Mareep. Yet another mother of one of K'eir's children, though similar to Nalise, he has not made much of an effort to form a friendship with her.
   ►Sr. Journeywoman Harper Noa, by Aster. A Harper that K'eir is rather fond of, if only because of their shared interest in history and the preservation of it.

N'lyse & Izelith
words words words

Wants
   ►Thing:

Connections
   ►

« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 09:04:58 PM by Dashin »

Offline SirAlahn

Re: Dashin's Plotter
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 05:19:36 PM »
Soooooo we need to throw K'ran and Q'nys at each other. :3 I wanted to know if you had any ideas/preferences about how you wanted to do that. I'm pretty open to past or more present things, maybe past flights Harloth has won, or them just meeting up, whatever. I'm not picky.

I'm also open to threading with A'srian if you'd like more to do with him. ^_^ I have one weyrling right now, A'lori, who's in his class if you think that might be a good place to start?
Want me to color something for you? Click here.
I have too many wanted ads to list here. Click through to this link to see them all.

Offline Dashin

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 05:41:19 PM »
Agreed! Past flight(s) would be cool to explore with those two, I think. It would be a good way to start, imo, though I'm open on whether they were already familiar/friendly with each other or not. Either way!

As for A'srian I'd totally be down to do something with A'lori. I'll have to look at the weyrling schedule when I get home to see if I have any specific ideas of things we could do with them but I'm open to suggestions too!

Offline SirAlahn

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 06:10:00 PM »
If you'd like for them to be getting to know each other fairly recently, I'm okay with that too. :3 The last two flights Niazyth had (prior to the PC one this month) were 17.9.2589 and 24.8.2589, if you have a preference for which date we do. Would you prefer to play out the Flight itself and the aftermath, or just the aftermath?

Sounds good! It looks like their class is going to start doing flight training this month, so maybe we could do something around that? They'd also be making their first set of riding straps now, which probably includes quite a bit of time of the weyrlings hanging out in the common area of the barracks working on them. And A'lori was a Weaver apprentice prior to being Searched. How's A'srian's stitching? XD
I have too many wanted ads to list here. Click through to this link to see them all.

Offline Dashin

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 08:01:51 PM »
Let's just go with the month 9 date. I haven't played out a lot of Flights in the past so for the sake of experience I'd rather play both out, though I'm not dead set on it if you'd rather just do the aftermath. I'm easy.  :happy:

Ha! Both of those would be fun, but I feel like the flight training would be more Cosilanth-centric. Definitely still an option, but just food for thought. :P The making of riding straps would be entertaining, to say the least. A'srian's not bad at stitching, exactly, but he's also a bit of a perfectionist and would probably beat himself up over the tiniest mistakes. Having someone with a little more knowledge about the whole thing would probably help him a lot. xD

Edit to say (because i got distracted when i replied...surprise!) that i don't mind Q'nys and K'ran already being friendly, at least, even if they haven't slept together yet. Saves a little time. :D
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 12:24:27 AM by Dashin »

Offline SirAlahn

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 02:05:34 PM »
ANYWAY, since the forum ate our last few posts because I'm good at life...

I don't mind doing both the Flight and the aftermath, so I'll get a starter up for that this evening or tomorrow since Niazyth is the one instigating it. I'm also good for the two of them having been friendly or even flirty in the past. :D

And I believe you said you were okay with starting the thread for A'srian and A'lori? You'll probably get it up faster than me, but I'm good for whatever. <3

Offline Dashin

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 02:12:28 PM »
Sounds good to me! I'll get a starter up for A'lori after work. :excited:

Offline Dashin

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2017, 10:50:58 PM »
Ignoring the fact that I never added B'ryn back after Y2k17 I did throw Thealdrae up and am itching to throw her at some people...or have people thrown at her. Either works, I'm not picky.  :bird:

Offline Inki

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2017, 04:22:27 PM »
Alright so, for Thea, bear with me, I have some vague ideas.

Ysveta obviously because they're both candidates. Although I'm not sure exactly it'll turn out. We could do the typical chore thread, or we could do them coming across each other late at night in the candidate common room, Ysveta hangs out there trying to compose when everyone is asleep. But their personalities will be... interesting with each other. It could go either way I would think, Ysveta isn't particularly offensive, but she also wouldn't understand to be offended if Thea was confrontational or something.

Paylae I'm not sure how to swing them together in a way that makes sense BUT I THINK IT WOULD BE AMAZING. They're so similar, from hidebound hold families, now getting away from it, both temperamental, both confrontational, so they'd either be enemies, or a terrifying pair of friends. XD But, Paylae's at the Mine Hall, so I'd have to swing her travelling back to the Weyr to bring kitchen supplies back, and maybe they run into each other while Paylae is just hanging around in the bowl for the second trip back to the Hall.

And I can volunteer any of my riders for some sort of official candidate/rider bonding, if you have any particular affinity, I'm sure we could find a way to through them together.

Offline Dashin

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2017, 04:38:44 PM »
Paylae would be a lot of fun to play with, actually, and it could totally work to have her shuffling stuff back to the Weyr while Thea is on kitchen duty or something; maybe towards the end of afternoon chores, so they could have a proper chance to talk if they do seem to get along. Thea probably wouldn't be that obnoxious when she was working, but there's really no telling unless we try. :happy:

OTOH would definitely be down to do something with one of your lovely riders; one of the 'help-a-rider-oil-their-dragon' kind of thread, maybe, or something more class-specific if it would work out. Z'ryr or maybe X'rine would be my favorites to play with if you think they'd be a good fit, but I'm not particularly picky in regards to specifics there. :love:

Offline Inki

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2017, 06:31:36 PM »
Sounds perfect to me. Whoever gets the start up first for Paylae and Thealdrae!

Aaaaaand Z'ryr would probably be easier, with X'rine being off-island quite often and Tocath being... Tocath when he's around the Weyr. But I can think on them and see if I can think of a way to shove X'rine with her. But Z'ryr definitely.

If you'd like we could be able to swing Z'ryr being her official mentor, or he could just be a volunteer for an official class. I don't mind either way  :happy:

Offline Dashin

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2017, 08:15:19 PM »
It's a plan! :happy:

I agree tbh. And I'd 100% be down with making Z'ryr be her official mentor. Might Could definitely be fun. :bird:

Offline Mareep

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 07:22:34 AM »
K'ran and Laimora should be friendssss. <3 I think they'd get along famously (although sometimes Lamey struggles with boundaries and needs to be gently shoved out of people's weyrs). ^^ They could be... wingmen for each other, too. Hahahaha. I'm so punny... <shot>
Possibility of them also having slept together once, maybe? Not sure what K'ran's take on booze is- I think of the two of them, Mora might be the heavier partier? But if she were drunk, she might have made a pass at him... once... with awkward morning recollections.
Wanted Ads
Laimora || Teeahn

Pending: Rinasera || Saidra
WiP: Rinaran || Kel'lan

Offline Dashin

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2017, 06:21:08 PM »
@Mareep I agree 100%. Also would be down with the sleeping-together thing; K'ran's pretty gay, but I highly doubt he's ever slept with a woman outside a Flight, so with enough booze he might be like 'Hey, yo, we help each other out right' or your idea with her making a pass at him--enough booze, again, and he probably wouldn't say no. But yeah, wouldn't be a reoccurring thing or anything.  :happy:

Offline Mareep

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2017, 09:46:47 PM »
Sounds excellent to me. ^^

I can start a chill catchup thread soonish, if you want?  ^^
Wanted Ads
Laimora || Teeahn

Pending: Rinasera || Saidra
WiP: Rinaran || Kel'lan

Offline Dashin

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2017, 09:48:59 PM »
@Mareep Sounds lovely!  :bird:

Offline Dashin

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2017, 10:48:53 PM »
Added a plotter for K'eir to the OP. :bird:

Offline Aster

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2017, 01:39:16 PM »
Allow me to offer you Harper friend Noa for K'eir, and Syrena to be friends with Thealdrae -- she's very trustworthy and open in a way that makes her easy for people who aren't really into friends to be friends with her. :)

NOT THAT I HAVE ANY GOOD THREAD IDEAS, but it's a start!

Offline Dashin

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2017, 05:06:27 PM »
@Aster

For Noa and K'eir we could probably do something re: him helping organize stuff during one of his downtimes, or just pure socialization--their firelizards getting into trouble or something of the sort if you'd rather do something of that ilk.

Syrena and Thealdrae might be interesting. Would you want to do a backdated thread where they could actually become friends, or just say that's happened and have an already established friendship and maybe do a thread with them getting into 'trouble' around the Weyr. I'm down for anything, really! :happy:

Offline Aster

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2017, 06:01:17 PM »
@Dashin Yaaaaaaay. Of course my problem is that I like all of these ideas. The first could easily be combined: organizing not-paperwork in the Harper caves interrupted by flit playing. Because chasing one another in a small space and knocking things over is fun for all parties involved (except the humans), obvsly.

As for the candidates, I am uselessly good with either. It's too bad they're not roommates, because roommate stuff is always fun, but ... hm. My impulse is always 'both' but it's hard to do things years apart simultaneously sometimes. XD

Offline Dashin

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2017, 07:42:52 PM »
@Aster

I am down with combining the two. Firelizard shenanigans would be a way to get them talking instead of being awkward silent workers. :para: Also, sidenote, I was looking again at Noa's plotter and would 100% be down for them having had a fling or two during her single-ness after K'eir lost some Flights, if you're into that. :love:

We could always do a current thread now, and if we decide we want to do something in the past it's always there to revisit. :bird:

Offline laceface

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2017, 10:07:11 PM »

Online Kyya

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2017, 06:32:52 PM »
@Dashin

So. I'm looking to get some weyrling threads going with Nalata - get a feel of her relationship with her classmates and see how things go.

Do you have any headcannon about how Nalata and A'srian / Minath and Cosilanth would get along, and would you be interested in playing something out to see if we can get a feel for it?

I don't mind if it's just a dragonesque thread (reading through your plotter) as I'm after getting my head around Minath about as much as I am trying to get my head around Nalata.

I am a slow poster, but I'd be interested in setting/participating in something if you're interested at all.

No is a perfectly acceptable answer as well. Just throwing the possibility out there :D

Offline Dashin

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2017, 07:42:43 PM »
@Kyya

I'd love to do something with them! I've always kind of had this idea that they had the potential to be pretty good friends, though Lace and I never managed to get far in actually writing it out. I don't really have any specific ideas etc relating to how they might buddy up, but would be down with doing some past stuff too if you think that might give more potential for friendships now; if they did become friends before Impressing, A'srian would try his hardest not to let their dragons' colors change their friendship but it would be interesting to see how stuff like that played out.

Would also be down with a dragons-only thread if that more strikes your fancy at the moment. I'm easy to please.  :love:

Online Kyya

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2017, 08:06:38 PM »
@Dashin

So I don't think there is much opportunity for a relationship prior to being a weyrling, she was a candidate for a relatively short period of time, so perhaps they knew of eachother, but it wouldn't have been significant until after the hatching. Do you have a preference for a time period? I sorta have this feeling Nalata would have tried to get to know her clutchmates from the get go. But with all the lessons and trying to get her head around weyr life, she may not have had too much time to be able to develop any solid relationships. I reckon it would be easier now that they were a bit older for them to get to know eachother, and I have no qualms about Nalata perhaps getting to know the Bronze and Black clutchmates as a matter of priority once she realised that they were the potential partners for her in future.

OOC Recent

[November 23, 2017, 08:25:08 PM]

[November 23, 2017, 08:22:14 PM]

[November 22, 2017, 05:34:29 PM]

[November 20, 2017, 09:44:14 PM]

[November 20, 2017, 11:06:36 AM]

[November 20, 2017, 11:02:56 AM]

[November 20, 2017, 10:37:49 AM]

[November 18, 2017, 02:46:37 AM]

[November 17, 2017, 06:06:41 PM]

[November 16, 2017, 10:11:11 PM]

[November 15, 2017, 04:41:43 PM]

[November 15, 2017, 12:55:33 PM]

[November 14, 2017, 05:24:38 PM]

[November 13, 2017, 03:41:35 PM]

[November 13, 2017, 12:51:42 PM]

Open Threads

If you have any open threads that aren't listed, let us know.
In-Depth Character Prompts - For SOLO Threads

Don'tcha Just Hate It When... - 21.06.2589 x Seaphonellqua

Just Teasing - 01.09.2589 x Nishi

Death by Boredom - 32.10.2589 x Callista

Klah and Long Nights - 23.01.2590 x Isotarïne

In the Radiant Sun - 15.03.2590 x T'lor

Three Cheers to Sweet Isolation - 17.03.2590 x Penderton

Napping on a Wher - 18.03.2590 x Sarinea

Coryza - 20.03.2590 x Vanelwynne

Now It's a Party! - 07.04.2590 x B'lye

Dragon's Dance - 08.05.2590 x Bekareni

Evening Showers - 11.05.2590 x K'ran