Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
3.2591 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every OOC week. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Flits here, as well as whers.  There are Candidate events and classes and Crafter plots. A little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!

Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a colored name here.

Remember,
this holds no IC consequence and is only for fun.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Whatcha Playing?  (Read 918 times)

Offline SanctifiedSavage

Whatcha Playing?
« on: April 19, 2017, 12:00:50 AM »
We have a whatcha watching and a whatcha reading thread, so I thought it only appropriate since we have so many gamers and a gaming discord channel that it be neat to sorta list the games that we play ( in the event that we want to play them with other people too. <3 )

I'll also update this post as a sort of table of contents. :3

Anyways. The multiplayer games that I play are:
League of Legends
Warframe
Armello
ARK
Don't Starve Together
Osiris : New Dawn
Skyforge

There are probably others, but... that's what I can think of that I've been dabbling at recently. :3

The games that I've been poking at that I got in a humble bundle are Kingdoms : New Lands - which is a resource, kingdom builder game. I died probably... 4 or 5 times before making it past the first level. >_> GO ME

Dashin
PC Multiplayer
Overwatch (kell#11837 and potoooooooo#11441. Add me!  :happy:)
ARK (in theory...just started playing it the other day, haven't played with anyone yet.)

XBox One Multiplayer
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Titanfall 1&2
Overwatch (in theory...haven't played it since I got it on PC)
Elder Scrolls Online

Inki
Just started playing:
Warframe (PC)
Fallout 4 (Xbox One)
League of Legends (PC)

Stuff that I like:
Skyrim (Xbox One)
Minecraft (Xbox One)

laceface
PS4 Multiplayer
Overwatch
Black Ops 3
Infinite Warfare
Modern Warfare Remastered

PC Multiplayer
Terraria
Minecraft
Tabletop Simulator
Elder Scrolls Online

Red
Multiplayer PC Games
EVE Online
Final Fantasy XIV
Star Wars: The Old Republic
The Elder Scrolls Online
Warframe

Multiplayer Xbox One Games
Destiny
Battlefront
Titanfall 1

RavenFlame ( All PC )
ARK
Overwatch
Star Wars: The Old Republic (Sometimes)

SanctifiedSavage ( All PC / Steam is Sanctified )
League of Legends
Warframe
Armello
ARK
Don't Starve Together
Osiris : New Dawn

SirAlahn ( PC / Steam SirAlahn )
Multiplayer --
League of Legends [Alany Walany Woo]
Warframe [Kaderyss]
Armello
Revelation Online
ARK
Don't Starve Together
Windward
Minecraft
Terraria
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 10:23:21 AM by SanctifiedSavage »

Offline Inki

Re: Whatcha Playing?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 12:06:54 AM »
So here's my list, I'm definitely not a gamer or anything, but I play games occasionally, and more so now that you guys play too and I can actually play with people. (Hence why I like Minecraft because it's a family affair and it's nice to having something to do with your rellies). I do not have a PC personally, I borrow shamelessly, and we as a family share Xbox 360, Xbox lite and Xbox One.

Since I move between houses/apartments a couple of times a week, and work and go to uni in between there, it's usually a "hey you want to play this pc game with me", "sorry, I'm at the place without a pc right now" or something like that. XD

Just started playing:
Warframe (PC) (Inkith)
Fallout 4 (Xbox One) (gamertag Inkith)
League of Legends (PC) (Inkiths for NA, Inkith for Oceania)

Stuff that I like:
Skyrim (Xbox One)
Minecraft (Xbox One)

Offline Red

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 06:12:00 AM »
Oh lord. Where do I begin?

Multiplayer PC Games
EVE Online
Final Fantasy XIV
Star Wars: The Old Republic
The Elder Scrolls Online
Warframe

Single Player PC Games
Banished
Mass Effect 1 and 2
Skyrim

Multiplayer Xbox One Games
Destiny
Battlefront
Titanfall 1

Single Player Xbox One Games
Fallout 4
Skyrim

Offline laceface

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 09:53:21 AM »
PS4 Multiplayer

Overwatch
Black Ops 3
Infinite Warfare
Modern Warfare Remastered

PC Multiplayer
Terraria
Minecraft
Tabletop Simulator
Elder Scrolls Online

Single Player Games
Persona 5 (PS4)
Song of the Deep (PS4)
Stardew Valley (PS4)
Sims 2/3/4 (PC)
Witcher 3 (PC)

I will update as I add more to my collection!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 12:50:06 PM by laceface »

Offline RavenFlame

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 10:13:19 AM »
I only play on PC, but here's what I'm either in the middle of, or enjoy for no reason.

Multiplayer:
ARK (mostly with the BF)
Overwatch
Star Wars: The Old Republic (Sometimes)

Singleplayer:

ARK (yes I know)
Fallout 4
Witcher 3
Skyrim
Shadow of Mordor
Evil Genius
Mass Effect (1-3 and A)
The Sims 3
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 03:39:27 PM by RavenFlame »

Offline Dashin

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 10:30:54 AM »
PC Multiplayer
Overwatch (kell#11837 and potoooooooo#11441. Add me!  :happy:)
ARK (in theory...just started playing it the other day, haven't played with anyone yet.)

PC Singleplayer
ARK
Sims 3
Stardew Valley

XBox One Multiplayer
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Titanfall 1&2
Overwatch (in theory...haven't played it since I got it on PC)
Elder Scrolls Online

XBox One Singleplayer
Dragon Age (Origins, Awakening, 2, Inquisition)
Mass Effect 1, 2, 3 & A
The Witcher 3
Final Fantasy XV
Skyrim

Online SirAlahn

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 05:08:01 PM »
All PC cause I'm not a console plebian. I'm kidding, I love you all. There are way more that I have played/would play again, and if you want to add me on Steam you can find me under the username "zipartas", though I'll show up as SirAlahn too. (And as I recall, we have a Steam group for people on SWW?)

Singleplayer --
Skyrim

Multiplayer --
League of Legends [Alany Walany Woo]
Warframe [Kaderyss]
Armello
Revelation Online
ARK
Don't Starve Together
Windward
Minecraft
Terraria

I also do have Pokemon Sun, despite mostly hating consoles, so if any of you play that or Moon, I'm always up for trading or whatever. ^_^
Want me to color something for you? Click here.
I have too many wanted ads to list here. Click through to this link to see them all.

Offline SanctifiedSavage

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 06:35:42 PM »
I added my steam name in there too. Feel free to add or what have you.  :excited:

Offline Asoliel

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 07:18:02 PM »
The only console I really play on is my PS3. Other than that is my PC.

PS3: Kingdom Hearts. Thats the only right answer.

My PC games:
Warframe
Rocket League
Fallout 4
ARK
FF XIV
Minecraft
BDO
Guns of Icarus
Skyrim
Witcher III
Civ 5
Borderland 2
Dark Souls II and III

I've played most of these in the past few months. XD My steam handle is Dragoas if anyone wanted to find me.

Online Drewliet

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2017, 05:11:43 PM »
A whoooole lotta Overwatch >__> butalso

PC Games only

Multiplayer:
Overwatch
Heroes of the Storm
some Hearthstone
some Diablo (mostly 3)
Minecraft
Left For Dead 2
Payday 1 and 2
The Isle
Guns of Icarus
Warhammer: End Times, Vermintide
GTA 5
Loadout

was an avid WoW player for years but haven't touched the expansion beyond levelling to cap and then not having time to farm things forever because adulthood and whatever.

Singleplayer:
Stardew Valley
Plague Inc Evolved
Sims 3 & 4
Cities: Skylines

and a few other games that I bought but never much enjoyed.

I also play D&D when my friends make campaigns, online through Roll20.net. Currently don't have a campaign to play :(

Recently was introduced to the card game Legendary and that is kinda fun, might gateway myself into Magic but that's a huge undertaking that I am not financially prepared for >___>

Steam is Drewliet
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 05:13:29 PM by Drewliet »

Offline SanctifiedSavage

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2017, 12:35:50 PM »
So, I get a lot of cheap games from Humble Bundle ( and books ) but they're having a Spring Sale.

Currently, they have Dungeons 2 for free.

Thought I'd let you gais know. <3

Additionally, I've mentioned this here and there to a couple of different people but Ashes of Creation is the MMO that is in development that is sorta hoping to revitalize the MMO genre.

Ashes of Creation Kickstarter

They are currently on kickstarter, already having met their initial goal within 12 hours. And it's sorta just kicked off. Anyways, the game is funded fully by Intrepid - the Kickstarter is all for extra things. It's supposed to be PvPvE - crafting, pvp, dungeons, trade, etc. Lots of awesome things. I'm really selling it short. BUT that's the game I'm hoping to get into next.  :love:

Ashes of Creation is a new MMORPG that aims to bring the Massive back to Massively Multiplayer. It takes everything we love about the genre and brings it boldly into the future as a truly next generation title. We’ve all wanted a world that lives and breathes and reacts, where our decisions matter, where the world changes because of what we’ve done. Ashes of Creation is that game: The rebirth of the MMORPG.   

If you want:
Here is my referral link. You can create an account on their website with that link. You don't have to, of course, but you should use someone's since that gets someone 15% off and... why would you not since it costs you nothing ( since you're buying the game, not anything else. ) Then, if you get other people to play the game, pass along your own referral and you'll get 15% off your own sub. :3

Additionally:
I'm already apart of a guild. Here is their recruitment thread on the AoC forum. If you're interested.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 01:44:12 PM by SanctifiedSavage »

Offline SanctifiedSavage

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 10:22:52 AM »
Eh, just thought I'd update this cause I've been playing a lot of Skyforge. It's a fun enough game because there isn't a lot going on in the MMO world and MMOs are my jam.  But I'll be updating my list. Also! If anyone likes cute, crafting games~

Forager is free. Just a cutesie crafting game that's in demo mode.
FEATURES:

Explore procedurally generated lands with designs created by hand.
    Forage and mine for common and rare resources.
    Craft powerful and interesting items.
    Build your base with many different structures.
    Trade and build up an economy to expand your empire.
    Meet NPCs, enemies, bosses and playful fairies.
    Level up and learn new and interesting skills.
    Solve puzzles and find treasure.

Skyforge :
In Skyforge, you will walk the path from an immortal warrior to a mighty God, gaining followers as you fight to protect your world.

Your loyal followers will help you increase your power as you rise to become an Elder God. The best of the best will join the Order of Keepers and shape the fate of the world.

Personally, it's pretty fun if you can play with some people and it's not the grindiest. But it looks nice for coming out 4ish years ago and you can certainly play casually.

Spoiler for screenshots:
Dis my character.

One of the 'open areas' you can explore.

Also, we post a lot of game stuff on our discord. <3 Screen shots, game chat, etc. Feel free to pop on for it.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 10:35:58 AM by SanctifiedSavage »

Offline SanctifiedSavage

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2018, 01:58:09 AM »
So I play games with the BF. It's sorta what we do to spend time with one another. ANYWAYS. I'm pretty excited because we actually "finished" a map in ARK. We were playing Ragnarok and fought the last, hard boss. Us and a couple of friends - and we won.

We'll eventually move on to the next map, which will have explorer notes and the like to find. :3 Just chatting about things and such to share with you gais since that's what I've been been up to. Gettin' back from Georgia and chillin' with the BF. <3

Online Drewliet

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2018, 12:10:12 PM »
I tried playing Moonlighter recently because it reminded me a bit of Stardew Valley.. but the similarities kind of end beyond the art-style. I think I'd enjoy it more if I had a console or controller to play it on because apparently that's ideal and the keyboard is just too clunky for all of the positioning combat.

Pros: It's pretty! Smooth gameplay from what I saw. Something of a compelling storyline. Dungeon-crawling to find magical artifacts in an adventurer-driven fantasy society (which is 500% my jam).

Cons: Reaaally clunky controls on keyboard and changing keybinds can only go so far. I think you get 5 optional keybinds and everything else isn't listed, but is needed to navigate things like your shop and your journals. It's also, imo, a little overpriced at 20 dollars (on steam). There is a lot of stuff that you just have to experience to learn because the tutorial section isn't so much text as vague picto-graphs.

I'll probably try to play it again when I'm in the mood for learning stuff, but that is rare cuz u no wat is lernin'.

I've been watching my husband do playthroughs on a bunch of Assassin's Creed games (revelations and 3 so far). He's also been playing Fallout 4 with all of the hype around Fallout 76. His decision to get rid of his PC for a macbook means that my PC is now his gaming computer which kind of is unfortunate for my computer time, but the games are interesting and nothing that I'd personally want to play so I guess dats fine.

Offline SanctifiedSavage

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2018, 01:25:09 PM »
I've seen Moonlighter. Looked like a really cute game. Reminds me of Recettear. Both are $20 though I haven't played either.

I have my eye on Graveyard Keeper >:3

Online Drewliet

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2018, 01:38:08 PM »
I'm gonna need that >__>

Tags:

OOC Recent

[Today at 06:03:04 PM]

[Today at 04:59:40 PM]

[Today at 04:06:11 PM]

[Today at 03:11:22 PM]

[Today at 12:48:10 AM]

[Yesterday at 08:45:41 AM]

[June 22, 2018, 09:01:37 PM]

[June 22, 2018, 08:59:40 PM]

[June 22, 2018, 08:58:48 PM]

[June 22, 2018, 08:54:21 PM]

[June 22, 2018, 06:12:15 PM]

[June 22, 2018, 12:46:20 PM]

[June 21, 2018, 04:21:08 PM]

[June 16, 2018, 12:21:58 PM]

[June 16, 2018, 09:50:00 AM]
Pern RPs | Other RPs
Red River Weyr - 3rd Pass Pern RP Rainbow Mists Weyr Canyon River Weyr | RPG-D
Fortune Favors the Brave | World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP OSH
Kitaro Weyr Under the Wings | Xenedria: Scifi Master/slave RPG Open Affiliate!
Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!

Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! |
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Blood Law - Anitaverse RPG Open Affiliate!
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!