Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Most of the site is visible to guests, though we do have a Member's Only forum and an IC Cbox that becomes available once you join!

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
8.2590 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every 4 or 5 OOC days. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Flits here, as well as whers.  There are Candidate events and classes and Crafter plots. A little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!

Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a colored name here.

Remember,
this holds no IC consequence and is only for fun.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: You see, I would like to court you [12.04.2590] [8pm] Seng  (Read 513 times)

Offline Elrost

• Herdbeast Motherer
  • I guess I'm sort of a midwife...
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • hall-less-crafter.png
  • Bonded to one firelizard(s)
  • Harrier
  • Bonded to one wher(s)
  • Ellsk
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
"You've laid a fine clutch there Harrier." Elrost congratulated his queen, giving her a stroke above the eyeridges. She trilled questioningly at him, cocking her head to the side, wondering where the compliment had stemmed from. "I'd like to give Seng one. I'd like to... have it be my courting gift." Harrier sent him a frustrated emotion as if to say 'That's all it was? Of course.' Harrier liked the blue rider, there was no denying that, and after all, the eggs had to go to someone.

Elrost had thought a lot about it, spending more and more time over the last two months with Seng had made him realise that he didn't want to let this opportunity go. It was a new time, a new place, a whole new island for Faranth's sake, it was past time for him to get over himself, and not waste someone like Seng. Even if he had to convince the blue rider that it was worth it.

Seng deserved romance, he deserved someone to cherish him. So shard it if Elrost wasn't going to court the rider like he was worth.

They had decided to meet up that night, and Seng was under the impression that they were just going to be meeting in the Weyrhall, but Elrost had other plans. He had only just returned to his room in the crafter caves to choose one of the eggs for Seng, and returned to the little picnic he had set up for them, complete with glows and flowers and the smallest amount of wine that he could get his hands on.

Ellsk was keeping guard of the location while he collected the egg and Seng, and Elrost had hoped that he had gotten the message across to Ellsk that she was supposed to go back to the caverns when they arrived and not to nose in on their dinner, but Elrost couldn't have everything he hoped for.

It had taken quite a bit of planning, a few days to convince the women of the kitchen to let him take foods away from the Weyrhall, a little bit of underhanded trading, but it was worth it, and Elrost was sure not many would begrudge him the gesture.

"Which one do you think?" Harrier nudged a light blue egg towards him, with marbling on the shell that almost made it look like clouds. "You read my mind, dear." It had been a few days since laying, and so Elrost thought they would be hard enough to travel to Seng's weyr tonight. Placing it carefully inside the carisack filled with sand that he had prepared earlier, he thought that it would be safe enough until they had finished their dinner.

Lightly placing it over his shoulder, he made his way out of his room, towards the Weyr hall, where he couldn't help but feel a little giddy when he spotted Seng waiting for him.

"Hey you." He said, coming up behind the blue rider, "How was your day?"

Spoiler for Hidden:
Length 2.4m ~ Height 0.8m
All powerplay by SirAlahn // Seng allowed

Offline Seng

• Proud Prairie Rider
  • Won't someone sweep me off my feet?
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
    they/them/theirs

• turns old
  • blue-rider.png
  • of Forrikenth
  • Bonded to three firelizard(s)
  • Sparrow, Heron, & Skycourser
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
Re: You see, I would like to court you [12.04.2590] [8pm] Seng
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 07:05:22 PM »
Over the course of the last few months, one of Seng’s favorite things had quickly become spending time with Elrost. Despite the initial flustered awkwardness that he’d felt when they met, the Blue rider had done his best to move past it in order to enjoy the other man’s company. While they didn’t necessarily get to have meals together every day, between various responsibilities between them, they spent time together more often than not.

It was a fact which had led to Forrikenth teasing his rider. I think you have a crush on him, he’d rumbled in amusement one night a few weeks ago, which had made Seng feel like he was going to implode with embarrassment.

And though his dragon wasn’t wrong, per se, Seng regarded Elrost with a sort of hopeful wistfulness more than anything. He’d never really had a relationship, after all, and despite his love of the romantic he had no idea how to proceed. Or even if he should. Not knowing if the Herder felt even similarly about him, Seng was reluctant to broach the topic and lose a friend for it. It would just make things more awkward, and the thought of having Elrost avoid him was enough to convince the rider that it was better if he said nothing at all.

But that wasn’t about to stop him from enjoying time with the man when he could. He’d been worried, in the aftermath of the riot in the Weyr Hall, that things would be tense between them—hailing from vastly different groups of people as they did. Yet much to his pleasure, it hadn’t broken their connection. So it was with a spring in his step that Seng made his way to the Weyr Hall once Prairie Wing was done with its duties for the day.

He cast about for Elrost for a moment, and then turned with a smile when he heard his voice as he approached. “Hey yourself.” His smile had nearly become a grin, but then his curiosity was drawn to what Elrost was carrying. “My day was fine. How was yours? And what’s that?”

Most people know Seng as he/him. Close friends use they/them. Seng is okay with either.
Family Adoptables

Offline Elrost

• Herdbeast Motherer
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • hall-less-crafter.png
  • Harrier
  • Bonded to one wher(s)
  • Ellsk
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 08:17:47 PM »
The thrill that he felt when Seng turned his smile towards him was palpable and he cheekily responded, "It's a secret. Now, come with me." Elrost turned, linking his arm through Seng's own and pulling him back through the winding passages towards their little picnic.

The egg felt heavy on his shoulder, perhaps with the weight of what it meant to him, along with the sand and heat and future firelizard.

It did cross his mind occassionally, about how this might chase Seng away. Ruin the friendship that they had formed, and cause the blue rider to run away and never want to see him again. But... Elrost believed that Seng deserved the risk. Sure, if the night turned sour, if Seng didn't like the picnic, seemed weirded out, then Elrost would just give him the egg and not mention the courting... ever again.

But he didn't want that to happen, and hoped, at least, that the blue rider would give him the chance to give Seng what Elrost believed he deserved... and more if he had any say in it.

"My day was wonderful." He said as they walked through the winding cave system towards their spot. It wasn't nice and out in the Weyrbowl under the stars. Elrost had considered it at first, but didn't want anyone disturbing them. The wide and open expanse of Weyrbowl where everyone and their dragon would be able to see them, wasn't exactly the kind of night he had in mind.

So he had explored the caves, trying to find a place which look untravelled, and mostly uninhabited, which hopefully he had. After being back a few times, and not encountering anyone nearby the nook on his way, Elrost thought it was going to turn out just fine.

Before they reached the nook however, Elrost turned to Seng. "Alright, we're almost there. I want you to close your eyes."

Offline Seng

• Proud Prairie Rider
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
    they/them/theirs

• turns old
  • blue-rider.png
  • of Forrikenth
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 10:36:01 PM »
“A secret? That’s hardly fair.” He was teasing even so, curiosity piqued to a greater degree by the fact that Elrost wouldn’t simply tell him what it was. But Seng wasn’t pushy or sour enough to go out of his way to ruin something that was clearly meant to be a surprise. So though he was eager, he accepted the Herder’s linking of their arms and followed him.

That he led them away from the Weyr Hall was interesting, though. Hadn’t they agreed to meet for dinner? Seng didn’t think Elrost would have forgotten, but maybe he’d misremembered himself? The kitchens would still be open for a bit either way, so he wasn’t put out. But all of it was conspiring to make him both perplexed and intrigued.

Where is he taking you?

//I have no idea.// Giddy, though, Seng found that didn’t particularly bother him.

“I’m glad you had a good day,” he said instead as they walked. Though before he could inquire as to why it had been wonderful, Elrost had stopped and turned to him again. Quizzical, Seng tilted his head some with a soft and playful smile. “You’re not leading me off for something nefarious are you?” But it was clear he wasn’t complaining, since he shifted a little closer to the other man, holding tight to his arm, and closed his eyes. “I promise not to peek.”

Most people know Seng as he/him. Close friends use they/them. Seng is okay with either.
Family Adoptables

Offline Elrost

• Herdbeast Motherer
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • hall-less-crafter.png
  • Harrier
  • Bonded to one wher(s)
  • Ellsk
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 01:31:14 AM »
"Me? Nefarious? Never." Elrost said mock seriously, with a stern, "Good," when Seng agreed to not peek at where Elrost was leading them.

Elrost enjoyed the way Seng felt pressed up against him, hands tight around his arm and, now with Seng's eyes safely closed, Elrost allowed a wide, pleased, loving grin spread across his face. The herder was excited. Nervous? Sure a little, but definitely excited.

Urging Seng into the doorway of the little alcove he positioned Seng to that when the bluerider opened their eyes, they would be looking straight at the little romantic picnic that Elrost had set up for them.

He took a quick glance over the room, and gave Ellsk the signal to scat from the room. But the wher rubbed herself up against Seng's leg as she left, not wanting to be left out, and not wanting to leave without at least greeting the blue rider.

"Thank you Ellsk, you can go now." He said almost exasperatedly at the green, who thrummed happily and took off as she was bid.

Everything seemed to be in order. Ellsk hadn't knocked any of the glows from their positions, cradled by nooks in the cave wall, and tucked up against bundles of blankets and furs which Elrost had pulled from his bed and nicked from the various common room areas communal seatings. Just for tonight, he was going to return them as soon as possible. He had wanted to create the perfect little cozy picnic for the two of them. Just for one night.

"Okay. You can open your eyes." Elrost made sure to watch Seng's expression, his eyes, when he first took in the room.

Offline Seng

• Proud Prairie Rider
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
    they/them/theirs

• turns old
  • blue-rider.png
  • of Forrikenth
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 06:47:58 PM »
Curiosity growing even more, Seng let Elrost move him without complaint. He trusted the Herder, after all, whatever he was up to, though he still held tight to him.

It did startle him when he felt something rub up against his leg, twitching some even pressed against Elrost as he was, but he burst out in laughter when he realized what it had to be—and when the man beside him exasperatedly corroborated what he’d thought. “Hey, Ellsk,” he greeted her softly, though he was careful not to open his eyes. He’d have reached down to scratch her eye ridges if he could see, but he wouldn’t ruin the spirit of whatever surprise Elrost had in store for him.

When the man told him he could open his eyes, Seng took a breath and did just that. He honestly hadn’t been sure what to expect from this entire adventure, but this… had not even entered into the realm of suspicions. His eyes went wide as he took in the scene before him, and Seng actually felt more than heard himself gasp.

It was a little alcove that Elrost had led them to, decorated with a series of soft glows that made it seem cozy and intimate. There was a series of pillows and furs laid out on the floor, all arranged to add to that coziness—almost like a nest that a flit might make for her eggs. And in the midst of it all was—

“Elrost? What—? Is this a picnic?” There was no judgment or unhappiness in his questions at all, just surprise—and maybe a bit of breathy wonder at it all. Why… It was all beautiful. Romantic. Surely he wasn’t reading into this? This was a rather obvious gesture of affection, and maybe more?

Is this a date? Forrikenth sounded far too amused for his own good.

//Maybe! I don’t know!//

Family Adoptables

Offline Elrost

• Herdbeast Motherer
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • hall-less-crafter.png
  • Harrier
  • Bonded to one wher(s)
  • Ellsk
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 12:45:06 AM »
Elrost cast his gaze down to his feet, after noting Seng's expression and being not quite able to intepret it. They seemed happy, perhaps a little excited. But there was some... breathiness to the bluerider's tone which made him a little... doubtful.

"I thought it was time for... ahem... our first real date. Here," he said, quickly moving on from his statement, "Sit, sit, I've got a present for you too."

Waiting for Seng to take a seat within the nest of blankets and pillows, Elrost was slightly more careful when he sat. Not wanting to flail one of his limbs about awkwardly and knock a candle into the furs. Then they would have a very interesting night on their hands. Certainly, it would be one he was sure neither of them would forget, but it wouldn't be the way the he had planned.

Pulling the wherhide sack that held his precious cargo over to them, Elrost was nestled to Seng a little closer than what would be deemed proper. "Your present is in here." He held the sack open, either for Seng to peek in, and see the firelizard egg that lay inside, or to stick an arm in and pull it out. The shell looked like the blue of a bright summer's day, dusted with a marbling of white clouds. Hopefully... well... hopefully Seng would like it, because otherwise the question he had for the bluerider at the end of his evening would be mightily out of place.

Offline Seng

• Proud Prairie Rider
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
    they/them/theirs

• turns old
  • blue-rider.png
  • of Forrikenth
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 10:53:01 PM »
//This is a date!//

I knew it. Still too pleased with himself, as usual. Seng would have glared in his dragon’s direction if he’d known which way that was, and if he hadn’t wanted Elrost to misinterpret the expression as directed at him instead. Not when this was… shards! It felt like his heart had leapt up into his throat, especially when the other man ushered him to sit as though this was the most natural thing in the world.

Well. That’s not to say it was unnatural, but it was certainly a pleasant surprise. A very, very pleasant one. He barely knew what to say; fortunately, though, for the moment, it seemed nothing was required of him save to take a seat among that cozy little nest Elrost had made for them. That he could do.

Careful, out of fear he’d knock something over, Seng took a seat as directed, folding his legs underneath himself so that he could angle his body a little closer to Elrost. “My present?” he echoed then, as the Herder held out a small sack. Almost holding his breath, Seng peered into it and then gasped again.

With gentle fingers, he reached in to pull out the delicate, gorgeous egg. Its shell was an attractive blue, mottled with white like fluffy clouds floating over its surface. Even as pale as flit eggs tended to be, this one wasn’t washed out by any means; rather, its color seemed soft, delicate, and the surface of it felt that way too. Were he clumsier, Seng would have worried he’d do harm to the delicate little thing as he held it. But cupping his hands so it could settle in the warmth there, he found himself just grinning instead.

“It’s gorgeous, Elrost. I—” He didn’t know how to continue, knowing he was going to start gushing words excitedly if he did; so Seng leaned over and kissed Elrost on the cheek, almost at the corner of his mouth. “Thank you,” he murmured then, smiling again. “For both a lovely start to a date, and the egg.”

He didn’t want there to be any doubt in the other man’s mind. This was very much the opposite of a rejection.

Family Adoptables

Offline Elrost

• Herdbeast Motherer
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • hall-less-crafter.png
  • Harrier
  • Bonded to one wher(s)
  • Ellsk
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 06:14:41 PM »
Elrost loved all of Seng's reactions. He was just so visible. So bright, so happy, so easy to care for.

"I'm glad you like it." The egg seemed to fit perfectly in Seng's hands, the delicate shell colouration oh so perfect against the Seng's pale skin. "To be honest, I'm glad that someone more co-ordinated than I am is now in possession of it. Having... so many tiny little breakable things around me is a recipe for disaster."

He wasn't really that clumsy. It was only really in tight spaces, much like this one now. Which is why he had been very careful in his placement of the candles, Faranth knew that only he would be able to burn the entire picnic to the ground with a flick on an elbow. But with the combination of candles and glows, Elrost thought that a firey death was probably unlikely for them this night.

Reddening slightly at the kiss on his cheek, Elrost however, couldn't help but smile. "Oh, we should eat. I got a little bit of everything, seeing as neither of us are very picky." Learning little things like that throughout their times spent together had been something that Elrost had very much enjoyed. He had never really... spent enough time with someone before to learn about their little quirks, and their habits, so this was... refreshingly new. 

OOC Recent

[Today at 07:24:34 PM]

[Today at 05:26:09 PM]

[Today at 09:00:49 AM]

[Today at 02:43:14 AM]

[Today at 12:28:24 AM]

by Kyya
[September 18, 2017, 10:58:52 PM]

by Kyya
[September 18, 2017, 10:40:07 PM]

by Kyya
[September 18, 2017, 10:37:31 PM]

[September 18, 2017, 08:20:03 PM]

[September 18, 2017, 08:00:42 PM]

[September 18, 2017, 07:27:24 PM]

[September 18, 2017, 07:03:04 PM]

[September 18, 2017, 06:31:43 PM]

[September 18, 2017, 05:26:09 PM]

[September 18, 2017, 04:10:50 PM]

IC Recent

[Today at 10:26:48 AM]

[Today at 10:16:27 AM]

[Today at 01:00:24 AM]

[September 18, 2017, 07:42:36 PM]

[September 18, 2017, 04:51:15 PM]

[September 18, 2017, 03:30:27 PM]

[September 18, 2017, 02:04:07 PM]

[September 18, 2017, 07:36:52 AM]

[September 18, 2017, 05:38:07 AM]

[September 18, 2017, 05:23:20 AM]

[September 18, 2017, 12:18:01 AM]

[September 17, 2017, 06:56:22 PM]

[September 17, 2017, 01:24:39 PM]

[September 17, 2017, 08:49:25 AM]

[September 16, 2017, 10:31:35 PM]

Open Threads

If you have any open threads that aren't listed, let us know.
In-Depth Character Prompts - For SOLO Threads

Don'tcha Just Hate It When... - 21.06.2589 x Seaphonellqua

Just Teasing - 01.09.2589 x Nishi

Death by Boredom - 32.10.2589 x Callista

Klah and Long Nights - 23.01.2590 x Isotarïne

In the Radiant Sun - 15.03.2590 x T'lor

Three Cheers to Sweet Isolation - 17.03.2590 x Penderton

Napping on a Wher - 18.03.2590 x Sarinea

Coryza - 20.03.2590 x Vanelwynne

Now It's a Party! - 07.04.2590 x B'lye

Dragon's Dance - 08.05.2590 x Bekareni

Evening Showers - 11.05.2590 x K'ran