Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Most of the site is visible to guests, though we do have a Member's Only forum and an IC Cbox that becomes available once you join!

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
4.2590 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every 4 or 5 OOC days. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Flits here, as well as whers.  There are Candidate events and classes and Crafter plots. A little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!
 photo OOCChat_zpseb6e942b.png
Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a unique colored name here.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: All the Pretties Shine [19.06.2590/8.30PM]  (Read 281 times)

Offline Laimora

• Don't leave the party dying
    • View Profile

• She/Her
  • turns old
  • blue-rider.png
  • of Daraneth
  • Bonded to one firelizard(s)
  • Thalia
  • Mareep
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
All the Pretties Shine [19.06.2590/8.30PM]
« on: May 15, 2017, 04:58:47 AM »
It had been a long day- moreso because it had been stinking hot. Laimora had worked hard, and now she intended to play hard. With a quick bath- for both herself and the adorable, overly-attached green baby who rode on her shoulder- followed by a small meal, Mora was ready to begin the night’s proper relaxations. A cursory glance of the Weyr Hall did not yield too many… socialites, but she did spy a beautiful lady in the company of that goofy Prairierider. “Nana! Hey!” The Bluerider hoped that her enthusiastic gestures, coupled with the deviouscharming grin she was so prone to wearing prior to any shenanigans, might entice the lovely Greenrider into sitting with her in one of the private nooks. Whether the other rider came along or not… well, Mora wasn’t a selfish woman. She could share.

Plopping down on the plush cushions, Laimora took a moment to ensure Thalia was settled and content, before sitting back and reaching into her jacket. The willowy young lady produced two sealed wineskins. “You would never guess how I got these,” the woman whispered animatedly, eyes alight with the excitement of a promising night, “I mean- really. It was craaa-zyyy.” She set them on the table, an eager curve to her lips.

“We should play a game.” Did that sound sinister to anybody else? There was a flicker of doubt in her mind, from Daraneth. Your games always end unfortunately for those involved. What if something happens to Thalia? His voice was cautious with a hint of accusation. Nothing will happen to our baby Darling. She reassured him, reaching up with a hand to stroke the dark, watery green who was dozing, nestled into her neck. Laimora had not brought cups, but the game she had in mind didn't really necessitate them.

Spoiler for OOC:
@Kyya @Inki -- let me know if there's anything you want me to change about this. Didn't want to assume too much.
@RaynePOTM -- just in case. ;) <3

Open to anyone for a night for shenanigans.

Offline K'zaya

Re: All the Pretties Shine [19.06.2590/8.30PM]
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 07:01:16 AM »
Beachsnakes may become more of a threat on sweltering days like the one K’zaya had had, however that didn’t stop him from accidently falling into the water when assisting one of the fishers in retrieving one of the nets. Not that his ploy ended up mattering when he tripped over that very same net and ate a mouthful of wet sand. Unfortunately, working with the fishers did not give him much time to clean himself off, and his clothing was dry and stiff by the time it came to returning to the weyr.

A quick bath, a change of clothes and a very careful oiling of the bottle-green firelizard that had hatched the month before (with Fyenoruth “assisting” by interpreting Gloss’s croons so K’zaya knew just where to focus his attentions), and K’zaya found himself with a few hours to kill before they would be forced to retire to their weyr.

She has grown again, K’zayamine. You should see if Cremath’s has as well. She is still much smaller than the little brown one. the dragon huffed as he gave the firelizard a final lookover before she took to the air, circling around them a moment before swooping to land on K’zaya’s shoulder, thrumming her appreciation for the oiling.

K’zaya gave Gloss a gentle pat, unable, still, to adjust to just how tiny she actually was. She was almost fully grown, and yet he barely felt her weight when she sat on him. He’d forget she was even with him half the time if Fyenoruth wasn’t so attentive to her. She wasn’t the Bronze he had hoped form but she’d quickly won him over with her sweet mannerisms.

To the weyrbowl then, hey boy? he though as he swung himself into place on Fyenoruth’s back, gripping tightly in light of the lack of straps but knowing[/s]hoping[/s] the Bronze would be steady enough so that he didn’t fall during the short trip. For a moment, he relished the fact he’d managed to mount without the faintest of issue – slightly annoyed that the only witness was his dragon – who seemed to embellish every word he spoke to others and a firelizard who glossed over details to make the image suit her idea of “pretty”.

Seeing Inanna again would cheer him up, however, and so he found himself in the weyrhall looking for the beachrider relatively quickly. He hadn’t maaged to work with her during fishing duties today, and had been late both to breakfast and lunch, and so his day had been quite lacking in greenrider. “Inanna! Fyenoruth wants to ask if Terra had gotten much bigger. He thinks Gloss has.” HE spoke loudly as he approached her, searching for his companions clutchmate as he spoke. Truth be told the curiosity wasn’t just his dragon’s. The growth rate of Firelizards was a completely new concept for him, and while Gloss was smaller than Terra, she was definitely growing quicker than what Fyenoruth had done after he had hatched.

Someone else calling Inanna’s name drew his attention, and he watched as a dark haired woman gestured wildly for her to come over.

Not waiting for his own invitation, K’zaya strolled on over, flopping down on the cushions nearby and patting the empty space between him and Laimora with a wicked grin of his own. “Wine? Two skins of it at that! Inanna, where’d you find this one?!” He crowed excitedly, leaning forward to shake one of them, chuckling at the weight of them and giving Laimora an approving look.

“I’d like to hear the story one day. Not many people can cajole a wineskin from the brewers, let alone two.” He was quite animated as he spoke, voice lowering slightly as he fished for details of the achievement. The mention of a game however, distracted him quickly enough, and he squinted as he gave her another look over.

“What sort of game did you have in mind?” He asked, though it was quite obvious he wasn’t going to be leaving any time soon. He didn’t even have the foresight to think that perhaps the invitation had just been for the greenrider… She definitely looked the sort to add some liveliness to the evening and he was always in the mood for some fun.

Fyenoruth| 2 Turns | 36.6m Long | 7.32m Tall | 60.76m Wingspan
Custom Signature made by Wren

Offline Inanna

• Generous socialite
  • Do you need any help? Some food?
    • View Profile

• She/Her/Hers
  • turns old
  • green-rider.png
  • of Cremath
  • Bonded to three firelizard(s)
  • Miss, Khaos and Terra
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 06:25:46 PM »
Inanna opened her mouth to respond to K'zaya's question, when she was interrupted by the call from the other side of the room, and K'zaya's quick departure over to that table. She smiled, following after him too, her limbs covered in firelizards.

Served her right for deciding to impress all of them at once, why hadn't she just waited? It was because she hadn't been able to resist the lure of the shiny gold egg out in the Weyrbowl, tempting her. After all, she needed a gold to keep her handful browns in hand, even if she thought that Terra wouldn't much appreciate the sentiment.

Terra was snoozing in the crook of her arm, Miss was tucked on her shoulder, blinking at all those who looked at them, reasonably pleased with the attention she and her bonded received. Inanna preferred not to think about where Khaos would be, probably perched on top of a door frame waiting to drop on someone's head. The oldest of her faire was undeniably the biggest troublemaker of the lot.

"Hey Lamey." She addressed the bluerider with a grin as she plopped down into the booth beside her. "Here." She scooped the sleeping brown from her arm and placed him down for K'zaya to see. "You can see for yourself." Terra was not upset by the movement, the little brown simply dozed on. "I think he's bulking up quite a bit."

Turning her attention to Laimora she grinning mischievously. "How did you get that? But alright," she said, leaning back, flinging one leg over the other, and relaxing back against the chair, "Tell me how did game goes."

Length 25m ~ Height 5m ~ Wingspan 41.5m
Inanna gave birth to daughter, Cianna on the 15.02.2590

Offline Colvin

• I don't just flirt with disaster, I make it fucking orgasm
  • Don't interrupt me when I'm being clever.
    • View Profile
  • turns old
  • candidate.png
  • Vic
  • Kit
  • Candidate Karou
    Candidate Colvin
    Weryling Marika
    Wingleader R'sin
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 09:42:50 AM »
Colvin strolled into the Weyr Hall late. Honestly, he’d lost track of time and hadn’t realized the rest of the Candidates had gone to dinner already. One minute he had been working on a music composition, lost in the sounds of his dulcimer as he hit note after note and scribbled down the ones that worked and the next minute he looked up and the place was empty. Vic trilled as if to remind him at least he was still there.

The blue flit replayed an image in Cole’s head, one of Zondesh standing at the foot of the Candidate’s bed and trying to get his attention to see if he was coming to dinner. “Oh, huh.” So that had happened. Now that Vic reminded him, he vaguely remembered his roommate’s attempt at conversation.

“C’mon, let’s go see if there’s any food left.” Vic hoped onto Cole’s shoulders, wrapping around his neck. The Weyr Hall wasn’t empty in the least though many of the earlier dinner crowds had thinned out. Those still here were either enjoying their personal time, or had also been caught up late in chores and duties and gotten a late start.

He was walking past the little nook when he picked up some of the conversation from the riders inside. ’We should play a game’ Color him intrigued, his steps slowed and then another voice, ’Not many people can cajole wineskins from the brewers, let alone two’. He knew that voice. And with that Cole smirked and did an abrupt about face and leaned against the edge of the entrance to the nook.

He scanned the other two riders, none of them jumped out at him as ones he knew, or at least ones he’d pissed off any time recently. Both of them were gorgeous. Look at little Kizaya having game! His former roommate was doing well for himself.

“It looks like you’ve got uneven teams. How about a fourth?”

All power play by Rezerai and Virilise is allowed

Offline Laimora

• Don't leave the party dying
    • View Profile

• She/Her
  • turns old
  • blue-rider.png
  • of Daraneth
  • Thalia
  • Mareep
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 06:57:18 AM »
This one! Pah!” She pretended to be offended, her dark eyes dancing with mock anger. “You make me sound like some sorry rained-upon dog. No, Inanna and I go way back.” This, she said with a beatific smile on her face as the Greenrider sat down beside the redhead. “Hey sweet thing.” Mora greeted, a slight, one-sided curve to her smile. Nana was looing well- as usual, really (when did she never look good?)- albeit laden with flitters that the Bluerider did not recognise. She leaned forwards slightly, inspecting the sleeping brown she placed on the table for K’zaya’s benefit. Thalia roused ever so slightly, opening one sleepy eye to stare at the other flitt. Shyness overcame her desire to make friends, so she shifted to conceal herself within Lamey’s curls.

Settling back against the soft seat, Laimora tilted her head ever so slightly in response to their continued questions. “A lady doesn’t kiss and tell. But there may have been kissing.” This was followed by the shifty, somewhat dubious wink of someone who definitely enjoyed kissing and telling. Subtlety was not an artform at which she was particularly talented.

Another voice joined the conversation, this from an unfamiliar young man. Laimora wore a warm smile and patted the seat beside her. “Sit, you brave and possibly foolhardy man.” She opened the first wineskin, wrapping her fingers around the neck of the container. “Let’s start easy.” She pulled a 1/32 mark from her pocket, an old, world-weary harper’s coin, and flipped it. “If I call it right, I pass it on to… you, fuzzy face.” She nodded to K’zaya. “If I don’t, I get to choose between drinking or removing a piece of clothing. I’m sure we’ll probably have to move to someone’s weyr in the future.” The smile was devious.

Without waiting for consent- or really, any reaction at all (Mora just wanted to drink and potentially admire Nana in less clothing), she flipped the coin, called Harper, and smirked as it landed with the craftprint rightside up. With the flourish of someone who was excessively pleased with her luck, she nudged the wineskin to the Bronzerider.

Offline K'zaya

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 07:40:30 PM »
K’zaya scooped Gloss up and placed her down on the table next to Terra, stroking the green flit as he compared the two and tried to get a decent enough picture in his mind for Fyenoruth when they got back to the weyr. Even the gold Inanna had acquired seemed larger than his little green, despite only hatching recently, and K’zaya couldn’t help that little tinge of disappointment that he seemed to have a very small green on his hands.

She will be able to stay with you always, K’zayamine. There is no reason to be concerned about her size. Fyenoruth scolded haughtily, more than happy with the firelizard’s miniscule stature.

Before K’zaya could retort – rude though it may be to simply zone out of the conversation between the two beachriders, a familiar drawl pulled his attention back to where it should have been. “Colvin! Yeah, come on then!” He laughed watching the candidate sit down and practically beaming with pride at his old roommate.

He raised a hand to rub at his facial hair at the nickname, laughing at the more than appropriate name and nodding a the rules. He hesitated slightly as the wineskin got passed to him though, glancing at Colvin before taking in both Inanna and Laimora  seated between them.

The prospect of being with the two woman and less items of clothing was definitely enticing, however he was less inclined to have Colvin around in that scenario. He wasn’t modest by any means, but he’d seen more than enough of Colvin without his clothes on to know that it wasn’t something he’d go out of his way to see again. But Laimora had said an item of clothing or a drink. And he could definitely get on board with a drink for calling it wrong. So long as Colvin felt the same he’d be fine.

Hopefully.

“Not so sure about stripping in the weyrhall. I usually prefer not to intimidate others with my flawless physique. I’m all for a game of chance though.” He laughed, inclining his head towards Colvin as if that was the person he would be intimidating if clothes started flying. He took the harper mark from Laimora though and tossed it into the air, calling Harper as well and giving an exaggerated grown as it landed craftprint side down.

“A drink it is.” He sighed, as if it were the hardest decision in the world to take a swig of the wineskin before holding it out towards Inanna.

“You in, Nana?” He asked, stressing the nickname and wiggling the bottle slightly. “It’s a horrid concoction. If I weren’t so inclined to play the game properly I’d try to finish the skin off, save you the misfortune of having to consume it yourself.” He added, though his tone suggested the complete opposite. It may not have been the wine of old, but there was no doubt the surviving brewers knew what they were doing. It would be hard not to enjoy losing the coin toss just to have another drink. 

Fyenoruth| 2 Turns | 36.6m Long | 7.32m Tall | 60.76m Wingspan
Custom Signature made by Wren

Offline Inanna

• Generous socialite
  • Do you need any help? Some food?
    • View Profile

• She/Her/Hers
  • turns old
  • green-rider.png
  • of Cremath
  • Bonded to three firelizard(s)
  • Miss, Khaos and Terra
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2017, 06:55:51 PM »
"We do. Laimora and I impressed in the same clutch, been friends ever since." Inanna added to Laimora's words.

Inanna couldn't help but raise her eyebrows at Laimora's game idea. Ah yes, a night of drinking before drills, oh what it was to be young. A little put off by the arrival of a stranger, Inanna had to make a decision. It was no big deal, she was sure the three of the them could enjoy themselves without her, but this kind of thing wasn't her scene.

When K'zaya lost and took a swig of the wine, Inanna knew that it was time to call it quits. She wasn't really interested in getting naked in the Weyrhall, and nor was she excited to get plastered when they had drills the next day.

Shaking her head and gesturing a negative motion with her hands, she stood, scooping Terra up from the table as she did so, making sure Miss wasn't disturbed by her standing. "You kids are crazy." She said with a smile. "But I shall have to decline your generous offers." Knowing at least two of the three gathered, Inanna didn't care much for possibly offending those gathered, they could do whatever they wished with their night.

Turning to their final addition she grinned, "Make sure they don't take advantage of you." Walking away she blew a kiss to Laimora and winked at K'zaya, "I'll be sure to not laugh too hard when you're both complaining at drills in the morning."

Length 25m ~ Height 5m ~ Wingspan 41.5m
Inanna gave birth to daughter, Cianna on the 15.02.2590

OOC Recent

[Today at 11:52:30 AM]

by Kit
[Today at 06:19:49 AM]

[June 20, 2017, 05:37:10 PM]

[June 20, 2017, 05:36:36 PM]

[June 18, 2017, 09:01:44 AM]

by Kit
[June 17, 2017, 10:40:24 PM]

[June 17, 2017, 07:18:27 PM]

[June 17, 2017, 05:18:23 PM]

by Inki
[June 15, 2017, 11:43:21 PM]

[June 15, 2017, 10:36:59 PM]

[June 15, 2017, 06:40:00 PM]

[June 15, 2017, 01:12:00 PM]

[June 15, 2017, 11:11:23 AM]

[June 15, 2017, 08:20:16 AM]

[June 14, 2017, 09:03:41 PM]

Open Threads

If you have any open threads and you'd like them listed, let us know.
In-Depth Character Prompts - For SOLO Threads

Don'tcha Just Hate It When... - 21.6.2589 x Seaphonellqua

Just Teasing - 1.9.2589 x Nishi

Death by Boredom - 32.10.2589 x Callista

Weyrling Shenanigans - 5.1.2590 x Weyrlings

Sunbaking - 15.1.2590 x W'um

Klah and Long Nights - 23.1.2590 x Isotarïne

Sun and Sarcasm - 13.3.2590 x B'lye

Breakfast Delivery - 15.3.2590 x K'eeda

In the Radiant Sun - 15.3.2590 x T'lor

Three Cheers to Sweet Isolation - 17.3.2590 x Penderton

Napping on a Wher - 18.3.2590 x Sarinea