Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: We have four different themes for the Site, which you can change with a dropdown at the bottom. Named after the different Wings of Southern Wings Weyr : Jungle, Beach, Prairie, and Mountain.

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
4.2590 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every 4 or 5 OOC days. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Flits here, as well as whers.  There are Candidate events and classes and Crafter plots. A little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!
 photo OOCChat_zpseb6e942b.png
Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a unique colored name here.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Twisted Ankle [25.04.2590, 7pm] (Open)  (Read 355 times)

Offline Isalia

• Just arrived
    • View Profile
  • turns old
  • candidate.png
  • Bonded to one firelizard(s)
  • LilGold,Lazywing
  • CatTiff
  • Green Weyrling Nalise, Black WeyrlingM'lan, Green Weylring Zilanie, Wher HealerRaindon
Twisted Ankle [25.04.2590, 7pm] (Open)
« on: May 15, 2017, 04:15:10 PM »

Isalia did it again while looking for something to do she had tripped over something in the tunnels and quite possibly broken her ankle. As she lay there on the ground her ankle starting to swell and she tried to get up on it only for her to scream out in pain. The pain was so bad it almost made her faint but she would not do that not before help arrived. Looking down she almost let out a string of curse words as she saw the swelling in her ankle. She did not do that as she was alone in the tunnel at the moment and had no way to get to the Healer hall to get her Ankle checked out.

This was going to be so much fun and Lil sat there chittering at her to be more careful. She looked at the little golden firelizard and shook her head. “Lil I need you to get help please. This Hurts sweetie and I need help now. Go find someone to help please Lil Go” The Gold Filt was reluctant to leave but did so to find help and looked for anyone along the Tunnel to the Candidates Barracks as that was the way she was going. Isalia hoped that the gold would find someone soon as if she did not she would surely pass out  from the pain and then all they would find would her passed out with a swollen ankle and not know what happened.

Offline Nieve

Re: Twisted Ankle [25.04.2590, 7pm] (Open)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 05:50:12 PM »
The tunnels were less crowded these days. Many crafters and holders had jumped ship for the promise land of the minehall, leaving mostly dragon-minded folk behind. Nieve fell somewhere in between categories, taking allegiance only with her fellow drudges and forsaking everyone else. She remained only because it was safer here and she was comfortable enough with the tunnels to sneak her way through life. She didn’t want to start all over again.

Her chores, however, remained unchanged. Sweep the weyrs, collect the trash, dust that fine grit of dust and sand that collected all day, every day, without fail. The unsavory life of a drudge was not for many, but it was what she knew.

Evening did not offer reprieve. She was expected to do as much as possible but now her duties extended into the tunnels and halls rather than the living quarters where most had already retired for the night. It was here that she heard a cry of pain. The sound was echoed which meant it was a bit further down, but it was unmistakably human.

“Look ahead for me, would you?” This was whispered to the big gold wrapped around her entire back. Lovely had reached her full, massive size but nonetheless retained her habit of staying beneath Nieve’s hair. Now, however, the Gold unlatched herself and dropped to the floor. She did not take flight, these tunnels weren’t quite wide enough for her to maneuver her way easily and she did not want to be caught incase there was trouble ahead. She instead scurried forward with speed unbefitting of her size. Halfway to the source of the cry, the sound of wings had Lovely flattening herself further to the ground. Another Gold flew overhead and she hissed a response, feeding the image back to Nieve so she wouldn’t be caught off guard as well.

Lovely continued her crawl until she was able to see the fallen form of Isalia. Just one human meant there wasn’t a fight, at least not anymore, and that was all Nieve needed to know as she trotted down the path.

Nieve’s firelizard remained at a distance and when her bonded arrived, she made her way back up the girl’s back and nestled again within her hair. The drudge took a better evaluation of Isalia than her flit was able to give, seeing the source of the pain and, seemingly, that this whole thing had been the result of a clumsy accident. She knew Isalia to be a candidate and Nieve scoffed. “What, don’t even know how to walk? And they’re letting you be a rider? Stupid girl.”

She stayed back some feet, out of Isalia’s reach, and struck the pose of someone in power. One hand rested on her hip, the other curled under Lovely’s chin, scratching her hide there.

Offline Isalia

• Just arrived
    • View Profile
  • turns old
  • candidate.png
  • LilGold,Lazywing
  • CatTiff
  • Green Weyrling Nalise, Black WeyrlingM'lan, Green Weylring Zilanie, Wher HealerRaindon
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 06:20:08 AM »
Isalia looked at the woman that had came and frowned. She noticed the knot on the woman's shoulder and shook her head who was she trying to be all high and mighty to her. She rolled her eyes as she tried to stand again only to wince in pain. She growled at the pain but stood holding onto the wall picking up her hurt foot so not to put weight on it. "I was looking for something to do and if there was not so much bloody sharding shit on the floor I would not have tripped. I am a good candidate and usually do not fall but as you can see there is more on the floor than should be this time."

She pointed to the debris that where all over the floor where she had fallen as she leaned against the wall. She looked at Lil and sent her a picture of the Candidates area and to go there to find help if this girl would not help. Lil popped out of sight as Isalia continues to stair down the woman. "If your only going to berate me for tripping over something I could not control and not help then go away I will get other help." Yep She had a backbone but only when push came to shove.  This one was probably not going to be that helpful to her and her gold was cranky as well.

Offline Nieve

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 06:07:54 PM »
As Isalia struggled to stand Nieve looked on with a thin smile. She did not move from where she stood, neither helping or going to get help. This candidate might’ve earned a smidge of respect for her tenacity, but that was quickly lost by the princess attitude. Nieve was used to people looking down on her for her station in life, but drudges carried the entire weight of Pern on their shoulders. Her people were the lifeblood of civilization. They knew every secret, every whisper, every escape route. They knew more than was often realized.

“So you’re blind, then? Or is your nose so far stuck in the air that you can’t look down?” This was a rare moment for Nieve, one in which she clearly had the upper hand. She wasn’t going to waste it. “They must’ve felt bad for you, told you that you had a chance to Impress. Bet every dragonet would rather between than be stuck with you.”

Nieve glanced down the tunnel, front and back, to see if she could figure out where Isalia’s flit had gone. “Looks like your own lizard even abandoned you. Smart of her.” Nieve’s own Gold hissed in approval of her bonded’s words. Lovely was happiest when she was the only female around, aside from Nieve of course.

Offline Isalia

• Just arrived
    • View Profile
  • turns old
  • candidate.png
  • LilGold,Lazywing
  • CatTiff
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 05:29:44 AM »
Isalia looked at the Drunge and smiled at her. "No not blind just lost in thought ever been that way? You know just because your a worker and I am a Candidate does not mean we have to be at each others throats like we are. You help run this weyr if it was not for you I believe the Riders would starve." With that she started to laugh though her pain. It was true Weyr workers held more power than the riders though riders did a lot for the planet she did not think many of them could cook their own meals. "So care to loose the attitude and help me out or do you just want to banter all the time. As for Lil I asked her to get O'sir so he knows what happened. It is best the Candidate master knows so he does not worry about me."

Offline Nieve

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 06:07:01 PM »
The sudden change in attitude didn’t persuade Nieve any further. What, did this candidate think she was that gullible? First Isalia rolls her eyes, stares Nieve down and gives her a dismissal and when that doesn’t work, instantly switches tactics? Ha, yeah, fat chance she’d fall for that one. Nieve scoffed, loudly, and didn’t buy the sweet words. Isalia was in a weak place and she knew it, but in the drudge’s eyes she was just digging herself in deeper.

“Tell you what, princess, here’s what I can do for ya.” She took a single step closer, though she was still out of reach. “I’ll ‘loose the attitude’, though I don’t think you could really call it tight,” she sneered, taking another step, “when you stop assuming everyone is here to help you.”

With a mental nudge, Nieve passed instruction to Lovely. The Gold voiced a grumbled response and then once again removed herself from her bonded’s back. With a single maneuver she was in the air, dipping quickly by Isalia and then landing somewhere behind her. The threat of the candidate master wasn’t enough to make Nieve leave just yet, the tunnels were expansive and she knew it could take him a while to reach them on foot. Isalia was now effectively blocked in by both drudge and her miniature dragon.

“What’s your name, anyway? Mama always told me I shouldn’t help strangers.” There was a playful lilt in her voice that made it hard to tell if she was being genuine or still coy.

Offline Isalia

• Just arrived
    • View Profile
  • turns old
  • candidate.png
  • LilGold,Lazywing
  • CatTiff
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 06:26:43 PM »
She looked at the Drunge "My name is Isalia and I am not a Princess. I grew up in the weyr just not this one. I also do not assume everyone is here to help me at all times. I can take care of myself. I do need help to the Healer hall or someone to get a healer to check my ankle unless you know about ankles. It might just be Sprained." She looked at the Gold behind her and then the woman before her "Your name is what might I ask?" She looked towards the Candidates barracks to see if O'sir was on his way Lil should have gotten him by now. She also worried about Lil since the Gold Worried alot
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 03:04:57 PM by Isalia »

Offline Nieve

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 02:10:54 PM »
“Obviously you aren’t a princess, please try to keep up.” Nieve wasn’t sure if Isalia was being so literal out of panic or if that was just how she was. It was odd, nonetheless, and didn’t invite her sympathies any further.

The drudge wasn’t too sure of her endgame, just yet. Truthfully she hadn’t ever been in a situation like this and she wasn’t yet so cruel and malicious enough to cause any harm to Isalia. Scaring her was fun, but again Nieve wasn’t too sure that Isalia understood how much trouble she was in just now. Wanting to step up the pressure and make the candidate sweat a bit, Nieve let herself get closer still, hair hanging heavily in front of her face and obscuring what the dim, flickering light of the glows had already bathed in shadow. “Call me whatever you want,” she offered, her voice pitching higher into a giggle, “it’ll make no difference tonight.”

She reached into her waistband where she kept a small blade. The thing had been oversharpened, an old kitchen tool that no longer cut easily and was so thin now that it had been tossed for scrap. Nieve had pilfered it, of course, and lovingly kept it in as best shape as she could. With a little force it could probably stab someone, but it wasn’t long enough to do much damage unless she was clinical. Nieve dangled the knife in her fingers now, twirling it.

Behind Isalia, Lovely had fanned her wings out to their full width. The Gold firelizard was an average size, but and her pale hide was an eerie thing, looking almost white in the glowlight. She bared her teeth as Nieve continued her threatening approach, slipping into the role easily as her bonded’s emotions dictated.
Spoiler for Hidden:

relevant gif is relevant

Offline Isalia

• Just arrived
    • View Profile
  • turns old
  • candidate.png
  • LilGold,Lazywing
  • CatTiff
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2017, 03:11:36 PM »
Managing to place her weight on her hurt ankle she took a step back and turning to look at the gold flit behind her as it threated her she would not have that then looked at the girl on her other side "So a Drunge that would harm a Candidate and see that they not get help that is what you are well then why no take your stupid Gold with you and go on your way. I will make my way to where I need to go on my own. You are no help at all. You think that piece of Junk scares me."

With her Emotions on High alert that had Lilgold back and screaming at the Gold Flit that was behind her Bounded. The Firelizard was also very loud so loud it would draw the Attention of anyone else at either end of the tunnel they where in to come and help. She did not swoop at the other Gold though as she would not endanger herself or her bounded. "What ever your name is Just Fucking Leave me alone and GET AWAY." She was yelling at the top of her lungs so anyone could hear her.

Offline Nieve

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2017, 06:37:59 PM »
Isalia’s speech was confusing. Maybe she was bad under pressure. If so, Nieve had found a nerve she could tug at, unravel, without ever touching a hair on the candidate’s pretty head. The only hitch in her plan was the return of Isalia’s Gold, an older queen that could easily rival Lovely’s authority. That gave Nieve’s advantage away and, in a way, turned the tables back on herself. What nice timing that had been.

“Yeah, yeah. See, finally your true colors come out. Was that so hard?” Nieve still held her makeshift shank in her hand, but her grip on it was less threatening and more defensive. With another quiet command she called Lovely back, though this time the Gold blinked between to Nieve rather than risk inciting a response from Isalia’s firelizard. “It’s so much nicer when people act as they want and don’t put on a show.”

Nieve took a step back, bowing as she did so. “As you wish, Princess.” Retreating now was the wiser decision, but she didn’t want to look like she was running scared. “Maybe we’ll meet again when there won’t be anyone to hear you scream.”

Offline O'sir

• Alcoholic Candidate Wrangler
  • Sethunya's Weyrmate
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • brown-rider.png
  • of Saibrasoth
  • Thief
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2017, 07:08:28 PM »
O’sir had been on his way back to his office when Isalia’s flit found him. Normally, the Candidate Master would have stretched the social period of the evening as far as he could with Sethunya, given the fact that they saw each other little any more save for meals. But with the end of the current month rapidly approaching, and the second month-long block of Candidate classes looming on the horizon, he needed all possible time to prepare. With so many students Standing, the full classes were always an interesting juggling exercise. And the more he had done ahead of time, the better.

Thief was draped across his shoulders as he walked, with Grace winging her way lazily ahead of him through the tunnels. The Gold was, by all rights, Sethunya’s—but she frequently spent time around O’sir at her bonded’s request. It had initially been a kind of joke between them, that had eventually transformed into an actual habit.

It was a rather efficient away of transferring messages to one another, as well as keeping tabs on each other. Even though that hadn’t been O’sir’s intention when he’d gotten an egg for his weyrmate in the first place.

Grace hissed when the other Gold appeared, unamused at the presence of another Queen, and even Thief bristled at her proximity. But though O’sir didn’t go out of his way to keep tabs on which flits belonged to which Candidates—there were just too many to reasonably keep track of—her panicked projections of Isalia, alone in a tunnel, with her ankle swelling and the unpleasant projection of pain, told him quick enough who she belonged to.

Sighing, he stopped and tried to calm the worried Gold. “Show me where she is,” he told her, trying to placate the fire lizard so that her messages to him would make more semblance of sense. And since so many of the tunnels looked the same, it’d be difficult to find his way without her guidance.

Obediently, the Queen did so. It seemed her owner wasn’t too seriously injured, but when a Candidate needed help, O’sir went. It was part of his duty, after all.

He did curse when the Gold disappeared in a puff of cold air. Had something else happened? At least he was pointed in the right direction now. With Thief more alert now, eyes almost luminous, O’sir followed the path of the tunnel Isalia’s flit had set him on.

Reaching her didn’t take long. It seemed she hadn’t gotten far before she’d—twisted her ankle? There was another young girl there, but one O’sir didn’t recognize. Nor, with his attention focused on the one that was his charge, he didn’t notice the small knife in her hand. “Evening.” To Isalia, then, he said, “I’m guessing you need help walking to the Healer Hall?”

Spoiler for OOC:
@Drewliet I figured Nieve would probably just make good on her escape at this point. Let me know if you want me to edit anything to better facilitate that, but I could only put off O’sir showing up for so long.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 07:09:23 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline Isalia

• Just arrived
    • View Profile
  • turns old
  • candidate.png
  • LilGold,Lazywing
  • CatTiff
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2017, 06:53:31 PM »
She watched as the Drudge left and then almost collapsed as the pain in her foot got to her. When O'sir showed up she let out a sigh of relief. "Yes I was not watching where I was going and I tripped over something on the ground. She was no help at all." Lil twittered over head her anger at the Drunge. She still had her guard up from the Drunge but she relaxed some with O'sir around. She actually almost fell as she winced in pain. She leaned against the wall for support taking the weight off her foot and looking at him. "Thanks for coming to help me I was not sure Lil would find anyone with how egg heavy she is. I know she is going to lay he eggs soon then I will be giving them away probably before the hatching." 

Offline Nieve

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2017, 08:01:32 PM »
Footsteps were something Nieve had trained herself to pay attention to. In the tunnels of the weyr they were an almost constant sound, echoing down from somewhere, but it was clear when they were getting closer. To confirm her suspicions, Lovely was now leering into the darkness, seeing further than the girl could ever hope. Isalia’s word was holding true, then, someone was coming to help.

Seeing no further need to stay longer, Nieve continued her exit. When the candidate master arrived she’d pause for the briefest moment, incase he called on her, but his concern rested with the injured girl. Nieve tucked her blade away, dipping her shoulders in a slouch and throwing her head, and hair, forward in the way she did to conceal her features. Isalia’s accusation was a fleeting sound as she turned and picked her pace up. Not running, not jogging, but perhaps the pace of a servant that has somewhere to be, errands to run.

OOC Recent

[Today at 11:52:30 AM]

by Kit
[Today at 06:19:49 AM]

[June 20, 2017, 05:37:10 PM]

[June 20, 2017, 05:36:36 PM]

[June 18, 2017, 09:01:44 AM]

by Kit
[June 17, 2017, 10:40:24 PM]

[June 17, 2017, 07:18:27 PM]

[June 17, 2017, 05:18:23 PM]

by Inki
[June 15, 2017, 11:43:21 PM]

[June 15, 2017, 10:36:59 PM]

[June 15, 2017, 06:40:00 PM]

[June 15, 2017, 01:12:00 PM]

[June 15, 2017, 11:11:23 AM]

[June 15, 2017, 08:20:16 AM]

[June 14, 2017, 09:03:41 PM]

Open Threads

If you have any open threads and you'd like them listed, let us know.
In-Depth Character Prompts - For SOLO Threads

Don'tcha Just Hate It When... - 21.6.2589 x Seaphonellqua

Just Teasing - 1.9.2589 x Nishi

Death by Boredom - 32.10.2589 x Callista

Weyrling Shenanigans - 5.1.2590 x Weyrlings

Sunbaking - 15.1.2590 x W'um

Klah and Long Nights - 23.1.2590 x Isotarïne

Sun and Sarcasm - 13.3.2590 x B'lye

Breakfast Delivery - 15.3.2590 x K'eeda

In the Radiant Sun - 15.3.2590 x T'lor

Three Cheers to Sweet Isolation - 17.3.2590 x Penderton

Napping on a Wher - 18.3.2590 x Sarinea