Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: We have four different themes for the Site, which you can change with a dropdown at the bottom. Named after the different Wings of Southern Wings Weyr : Jungle, Beach, Prairie, and Mountain.

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
8.2590 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every 4 or 5 OOC days. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Flits here, as well as whers.  There are Candidate events and classes and Crafter plots. A little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!

Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a colored name here.

Remember,
this holds no IC consequence and is only for fun.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: An Evening’s Drinks and Betting [ 22.6.2590 / 8PM ] || Event  (Read 1583 times)

Offline Seng

• Proud Prairie Rider
  • Won't someone sweep me off my feet?
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
    they/them/theirs

• turns old
  • blue-rider.png
  • of Forrikenth
  • Bonded to three firelizard(s)
  • Sparrow, Heron, & Skycourser
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
Re: An Evening’s Drinks and Betting [ 22.6.2590 / 8PM ] || Event
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2017, 08:39:42 PM »
“I’m glad you think we look good together.” That particular comment had Seng grinning faintly, and he leaned up to kiss Elrost on the cheek. “But I’m sorry I didn’t give you more of an idea how to dress beforehand. You look wonderful, anyway.”

And if the Herder was content with their appearance, then that was good enough for Seng.

For a moment, as Elrost sipped his glass of wine and looked out over the hatching sands where Kalestath’s clutch lay incubating, Seng took the opportunity to study the other man. Really, he couldn’t believe his luck. That someone like Elrost would be romantically interested in him was something the Blue rider had never actually hoped for. Sure,  he had always loved the idea of being swept off his feet and courted in such a way, but life on Pern simply didn’t work that way most of the time. Especially not for people like him, in more ways than one. Riders in particular weren’t usually that sort, given that weyrmateships were seen as less binding by Holders and like-minded Crafters.

But that hadn’t stopped Elrost… and Seng was glad it hadn’t. Smiling softly, he glanced down at his own cup when his companion patted his hand, not wanting Elrost to realize he’d been staring. “Thank you for being so easygoing about everything.” Murmured words as he drew closer.

And then, more brightly, Seng gestured to the eggs. “So, what do you think this clutch will yield?” There were no Gold eggs this time, which was probably for the best. And predicting what would hatch out of what egg was nigh impossible, but the whole point of it was to have fun even if none of it ultimately mattered.

Most people know Seng as he/him. Close friends use they/them. Seng is okay with either.
Family Adoptables

Offline Elrost

• Herdbeast Motherer
  • I guess I'm sort of a midwife...
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • hall-less-crafter.png
  • Bonded to one firelizard(s)
  • Harrier
  • Bonded to one wher(s)
  • Ellsk
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2017, 12:36:47 AM »
Luckily Elrost wasn't one to blush, because the kiss on the cheek, and the subsequent thrill that he felt at such a public display, caused a rush of blood around his body. Calm, you're in public. It was just a kiss, it's not like everyone in here doesn't know what's going on between the two of us anyways, seemingly.

"You did just fine. I just don't have much choice in the way of nice attire."

He missed the studying, Seng having picked their time wisely, and when Elrost turned back to the bluerider, wanting another glimpse of those eyes, they were turned downwards at Seng's cup. "Thank you for making me want to be so easygoing."

It truly was. Elrost was reserved, single minded, and really quite self-conscious about embarrassing Seng in front of all the blueriders peers. So he'd be easygoing, because otherwise he was quite sure he was going to explode with the overstimulation of it all. As long as they didn't go any closer to the eggs, because a thought kept appearing in his head of him tripping, falling into the clutch, and squishing every single on of them on his way down, before Kalestath swallowed him whole.

Yeah, he'd be happy to stay over here.

"Hmm, well, are the colours supposed to indicate the dragons inside, or is that just wishful thinking? Because surely that one there," he pointed out a stripy green one [20] at the front, which reminded him of their newly planted bamboo shoots, "Is a green."
Length 2.4m ~ Height 0.8m
All powerplay by SirAlahn // Seng allowed

Offline Seng

• Proud Prairie Rider
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
    they/them/theirs

• turns old
  • blue-rider.png
  • of Forrikenth
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2017, 10:11:45 PM »
At that thanks, the Blue rider just flashed his companion another soft smile. Even in the few minutes since they’d first crossed the threshold into the Hatching Sands, his nervousness had leeched away and left just a pleasant warmth behind. Nothing felt more natural than being with the other man like this, and so he let go, taking Forrikenth’s earlier advice. Now wasn’t the time to worry about the future or anything like that—but rather just to enjoy the time they did have on one of the occasions actually worth celebrating.

Seng sipped his drink as he listened to Elrost, following the direction he pointed to the striped green egg. “I’ve never known the color of the shell to actually mean anything about the dragon inside,” he reflected, leaning his head briefly against the Herder’s shoulder. But that wasn’t the spirit of the game, so he indicated another egg close to the first one. “But if that one’s a Green, then that one’s definitely a Blue.” [19]

It reminded him of some of the brighter points on Forrikenth’s hide, even washed out as his own Blue was. Usually the colors on dragon eggs were very subtle, a vast showing of creams and soft greys, even pale pinks or greens. But though Kalestath’s were sometimes somewhat brighter than those of Oriath or Imyth, they were still only lightly saturated.

Forrikenth himself seemed to have carried that coloration into adulthood. Now he looked like the stormclouds that rolled over Fort Island in the fall, save for the more overt markings on his belly.

Most people know Seng as he/him. Close friends use they/them. Seng is okay with either.
Family Adoptables

Offline Elrost

• Herdbeast Motherer
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • hall-less-crafter.png
  • Harrier
  • Bonded to one wher(s)
  • Ellsk
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2017, 05:32:25 AM »
Elrost smiled at how easy this was. How happy he felt to simply be here with Seng, and even... contrary to popular belief, how proud he felt to be seen with the Blue Rider. For them both to be here together. The herder was still, almost a little shy around the other riders, he had never been one to get used to strangers easily, but being here with Seng made him want to do so. Want to meet everyone here and let them know they were a pair, they were together. Even if they hadn't been so in every sense of the word yet.

Seng's admittance that he didn't believe egg colour had any meaning in terms of the little dragon inside made Elrost curious about one thing. "Do you remember the colour of Forrikenth's egg?" He supposed that hatchings were probably a bit... hectic, and that it was highly probable that riders never actually saw the dragonets hatch. Whilst he hadn't seen many hatchings, he had seen enough to know that dragons didn't usually wait to be polite to their fellow clutchmates, letting them each have their own individual spotlight, they came when and how they wanted.

"And in the interest of being completely unbiased by colour, I'll say, that one," he moved closer to Seng, sidling up behind him to point the egg out over his shoulder, his larger frame blanketing behind him, "Is a blue." The egg [28] was red, there was no doubt about that, and so, he thought perhaps simple random betting would give him slightly better odds.

Offline Seng

• Proud Prairie Rider
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
    they/them/theirs

• turns old
  • blue-rider.png
  • of Forrikenth
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2017, 07:45:50 PM »
It was an interesting question to ask, and one that had Seng thoughtfully chewing on his lower lip as he tried to remember. That had been so long ago, and the expectant, nervous adrenaline of the Hatching had made certain details stand out more than others, seemingly for little fathomable reason. The heat of the Sands, the blood thumping in his ears, the awareness of the Candidate next to him stumbling forward to Impress to a pretty Brown… and then the knowledge of Forrikenth’s mind sliding against his own, clicking into place with the steady heft that had always been his, almost over-loud in his declaration of, I’m hungry, Seng.—all of that was there, but…

“I’m honestly not sure,” he said with a hint of embarrassment, glancing at Elrost as he spoke. It was almost amusing to realize that he hadn’t actually seen his own dragon hatch, and a smile played at the corner of his mouth. “A friend Impressed just next to me, and I didn’t see Forrikenth break his shell.” Biting his lip again, Seng settled on, “But I think it was pale, almost like cream, with streaks of grey.”

Not completely contradictory to what had hatched from it, in that Forrikenth was greyer in hue than many other Blues in the weyr and that Seng had ever seen. But also not necessarily indicative either.

Humming a bit, he pressed back against Elrost as the Herder stood behind him, pleased at the warm sturdiness of him. Seng felt oh so very safe like this, as though nothing in the world could ever hurt him. And whatever shyness he might have felt about such a display of affection was lost in his enjoyment of it. Craning his neck back some, he looked up at Elrost with a faint grin. “Maybe that pink egg next to it will hatch a lovely Bronze. But I have to ask now, what are we betting for?” Very obviously teasing, but curious too.

Family Adoptables

Offline Elrost

• Herdbeast Motherer
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • hall-less-crafter.png
  • Harrier
  • Bonded to one wher(s)
  • Ellsk
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2017, 06:37:08 PM »
The feel of Seng leaning back into him was just... perfect. They hadn't exactly been lacking for physical touch, having snuck away into nooks and crannies for some hot and heavy sessions. But as per a request from Seng, they hadn't gone any further. Not until Seng was ready. So despite their obvious familiarity with the other, Elrost still felt a thrill being able to be so... close to Seng.

Despite being in public, with Seng's friends watching nearby, it didn't deter him from the motion. It just felt... so right. They weren't exactly going to start making out in front of everyone, no Elrost had never been one to want to share quite so much, but being able to be open about it was nice.

Even Keassa's disapproval hadn't been as bad as Elrost had been anticipating. He'd been omitting the fact from his sister for so long, that finally, her knowing had outweighed the fact that she disapproved tenfold.  Elrost had come to terms with himself a long time ago, but it had taken a significant time itself, perhaps Keassa just needed that time as well. They were still brother and sister after all. But she didn't have to be happy for him to be happy.

"Easy." He leaned down to whisper against Seng's ear. "If I get more eggs right than you do. I get a kiss." Simple and sweet, but Elrost would be perfectly happy with the result if he did indeed win. "What do you want if you win?"

OOC Recent

[November 20, 2017, 09:44:14 PM]

[November 20, 2017, 11:06:36 AM]

[November 20, 2017, 11:02:56 AM]

[November 20, 2017, 10:37:49 AM]

[November 18, 2017, 02:46:37 AM]

[November 17, 2017, 06:06:41 PM]

[November 16, 2017, 10:11:11 PM]

[November 15, 2017, 04:41:43 PM]

[November 15, 2017, 12:55:33 PM]

[November 14, 2017, 05:24:38 PM]

[November 13, 2017, 03:41:35 PM]

[November 13, 2017, 12:51:42 PM]

[November 12, 2017, 04:36:54 PM]

[November 12, 2017, 03:57:11 PM]

by Inki
[November 12, 2017, 03:19:52 PM]

IC Recent

[November 21, 2017, 02:17:37 PM]

by Ilue
[November 21, 2017, 06:09:34 AM]

by Ilue
[November 21, 2017, 06:04:17 AM]

[November 20, 2017, 12:12:28 AM]

[November 20, 2017, 12:03:31 AM]

[November 19, 2017, 05:23:29 PM]

[November 19, 2017, 02:52:51 PM]

[November 16, 2017, 06:48:23 PM]

[November 15, 2017, 11:26:30 PM]

[November 15, 2017, 02:36:27 AM]

[November 14, 2017, 02:24:32 PM]

[November 13, 2017, 06:13:43 PM]

[November 13, 2017, 03:06:16 PM]

[November 12, 2017, 03:51:19 PM]

by Saer
[November 12, 2017, 09:44:33 AM]

Open Threads

If you have any open threads that aren't listed, let us know.
In-Depth Character Prompts - For SOLO Threads

Don'tcha Just Hate It When... - 21.06.2589 x Seaphonellqua

Just Teasing - 01.09.2589 x Nishi

Death by Boredom - 32.10.2589 x Callista

Klah and Long Nights - 23.01.2590 x Isotarïne

In the Radiant Sun - 15.03.2590 x T'lor

Three Cheers to Sweet Isolation - 17.03.2590 x Penderton

Napping on a Wher - 18.03.2590 x Sarinea

Coryza - 20.03.2590 x Vanelwynne

Now It's a Party! - 07.04.2590 x B'lye

Dragon's Dance - 08.05.2590 x Bekareni

Evening Showers - 11.05.2590 x K'ran