Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Most of the site is visible to guests, though we do have a Member's Only forum and an IC Cbox that becomes available once you join!

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
8.2590 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every 4 or 5 OOC days. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Flits here, as well as whers.  There are Candidate events and classes and Crafter plots. A little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!

Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a colored name here.

Remember,
this holds no IC consequence and is only for fun.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Your Gift is Hatching [ 9.6.2590; 8:30 PM ] || Elrost  (Read 462 times)

Offline Seng

• Proud Prairie Rider
  • Won't someone sweep me off my feet?
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
    they/them/theirs

• turns old
  • blue-rider.png
  • of Forrikenth
  • Bonded to three firelizard(s)
  • Sparrow, Heron, & Skycourser
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
Your Gift is Hatching [ 9.6.2590; 8:30 PM ] || Elrost
« on: May 18, 2017, 07:20:16 PM »
Seng hadn’t necessarily intended to get a third flit—just as he’d sort of happened upon Impressing to Sparrow and Heron by accident—but the egg Elrost had given him had made a lovely courting gift. Kept safe and warm in his weyr, it had sent a thrill of happiness through him every time he’d looked at it or the tiny sand-and-coal filled brazier where it sat nestled and incubating. If anything, the fact that Elrost of all people had given it to him made Seng even more fussy over it than he would have been otherwise. Heron and Sparrow had been actively hatching when he’d bonded to them, but this required a little more finesse. Even just the thought of it being damaged or not hatching was enough to make him want to cry.

But he was sure it would, just as Forrikenth was. The Blue was brooding it over it just as much as his rider was, eager to see what would hatch from it—and excited at the next step that Seng had taken with the man that had given it to him.

More than anything, Seng wanted Elrost to be there when it hatched. He knew it might not work out that way, but he hoped it would—stashing a few strips of dried meat alongside the egg and pot for feeding the tiny creature when it did emerge from its egg. But even for all his anticipation, it took him a moment to recognize Sparrow and Heron’s humming for what it was. Seated on the floor of his weyr, the Blue rider had been oiling and checking over his riding leathers to keep them supple and free of damage. To hear his fire lizards thrumming had been confusing at first, the sound so much less than the weyr-vibrating noise of all the dragons humming before a clutch hatched.

“Oh!” Gasping as it dawned on him, he shot to his feet, nearly overturning the small pot of oil onto the floor as he rushed over to the heated pot. Pulling off the lid of it, he was greeted by the sight of the blue and white egg rocking back and forth with a very clear purpose. Shifting over to him, Heron peered up at it and Sparrow settled on Seng’s shoulder, twining her tail loosely around his neck to help balance herself as she trilled in excitement.

“Forrikenth… shit.” Glancing between the egg and his dragon, Seng was torn. He couldn’t very well leave it now, but transporting it down to the Beastcraft barn didn’t seem practical either. If Elrost was even still there this late in the evening…

I’ll see if he’s there. Rising to his feet on the weyr ledge, the bulky blue spread his wings to drop off to the grass of the Bowl. He landed as near to the beast pens as he dared, noticing the crowd of people that had gathered near the barn. And as he peered over their heads, he caught sight of the one man he was looking for—apparently just finishing with the rest of Harrier’s clutch hatching, if the small cloud of tiny fire lizards was any indication.

The egg you gave Seng is hatching, he announced without preamble, sliding into a crouching position. He’d like it if you would come to his weyr. If you can. Eyes having taken on a more green-hued blue in his excitement, the dragon tilted his head some. I don’t have my straps and harness on, but I promise to be careful.

Sure as he was, it didn’t occur to the Blue that Elrost might say no. Not when Seng was fidgeting and anxious in his weyr as he watched the rocking egg.

Spoiler for OOC:
@Inki @Elrost Let me know if any aspect of this needs changed. <3

Most people know Seng as he/him. Close friends use they/them. Seng is okay with either.
Family Adoptables

Offline Elrost

• Herdbeast Motherer
  • I guess I'm sort of a midwife...
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • hall-less-crafter.png
  • Bonded to one firelizard(s)
  • Harrier
  • Bonded to one wher(s)
  • Ellsk
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
Re: Your Gift is Hatching [ 9.6.2590; 8:30 PM ] || Elrost
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 08:47:05 PM »
Elrost started at Forrikenth's voice in his head, and quickly turned from the firelizard sands to spot the blue. "Thank Faranth." It seemed the gold dragon had smiled down upon him and heard his words of hope that Seng's would wait for him to find him so that they could experience together.

"I'm coming!"He took off towards Forrikenth at a jog, calling out to the gathered crowd which were all mostly occupied with their own little babies at the moment. "Help yourself to anything in the barn that you need, keep the hatchlings away from the beasts, and come find me tomorrow if you have any questions about them. And good luck!"

Hesitating only for a moment at the blue's words of no straps, Elrost pushed the fear aside, and climbed awkwardly onto his back. The beastcrafter didn't have much experience with flying, despite having some practice with Forrikenth of late, he still was not exactly graceful in the act. "Thanks Forrikenth. I'll just, er, hold on tight."

The trip was smooth enough that Elrost was still seated safely on Forrikenth's back when they arrived at Seng's weyr, and he took off quickly into the main room.

"I'm here, I'm here. Sorry I took so long."
Length 2.4m ~ Height 0.8m
All powerplay by SirAlahn // Seng allowed

Offline Seng

• Proud Prairie Rider
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
    they/them/theirs

• turns old
  • blue-rider.png
  • of Forrikenth
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 10:51:11 PM »
As Elrost approached, Forrikenth lowered himself as close to the ground as he could. While he’d flown on the Blue’s back a handful of times, it had always been with Seng—and always with the straps on. But Forrikenth had no intention of dropping him, and it wasn’t as though he was some fresh-eyed dragonet not used to being ridden. Nevertheless, he made it as easy as possible for the Herder to climb up his shoulder and settle between his neck ridges.

Hold as tight as you need. You won’t hurt me.

Once Elrost was seated, the Blue took off as smoothly as he could. He knew Seng would not be especially pleased if he jostled his companion around overmuch. So more so than normal, Forrikenth did his best to make both the departure and the landing an easy process—even going so far as to press himself down low on the stone again just as he had in the Bowl, so that Elrost could slide off him once more with a minimum of awkwardness and risk to his weaker leg.

“Oh, I’m so glad you’re here!” Seng had been alternating between watching the rocking egg and the edge of his weyr for Forrikenth and Elrost’s arrival, and his expression was a mixture of nervousness and excitement as he darted over to the Herder, taking his hand to pull him toward the brazier. Both Heron and Sparrow chirped greetings, but their attention was far more focused on the egg.

“I was afraid you wouldn’t be in the Bowl, or that you wouldn’t get here in time… Forrikenth wasn’t too bad even without the straps? I’m sorry I didn’t have time to put them on first…” He was rambling, but he didn’t think Elrost would mind. “What do you think is going to hatch from it?”

Maybe it will be a handsome Blue like me.

Most people know Seng as he/him. Close friends use they/them. Seng is okay with either.
Family Adoptables

Offline Elrost

• Herdbeast Motherer
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • hall-less-crafter.png
  • Harrier
  • Bonded to one wher(s)
  • Ellsk
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 03:51:07 PM »
Elrost allowed himself to be pulled over to the brazier, watching as the egg rocked in its little cradle. Seng had set the egg up perfectly. "No no, I'm sorry. I should've thought, I wanted to be here with you. Forrikenth was perfectly gentle."

"Oh." Dipping his hand into his pocket, he pulled out some scraps of meat leftover from when he had been helping out in the bowl earlier, "Here. In case you need more, but I see you're already prepared."

Elrost truly hadn't thought about what was going to hatch from the egg. The Gold egg had already been taken by the time he had thought about giving an egg to Seng, so he hadn't even had to consider whether or not that was a good idea. It wasn't a very large egg, but it wasn't tiny either.

"Maybe a brown? Or a blue?" He'd be surprised if it was a bronze, and Seng already a bronze of his own, but Elrost wasn't sure he'd be disappointed. Another large flit to protect Seng and keep an eye on things? Elrost definitely didn't think that was a bad idea.

"It's a little small for a bronze, and a little big for a green, but after all these years with Harrier's clutches, I've still never been able to predict them very well. I'm sorry." Elrost slid his hand around Seng's waist, pulling them closer together as they watched the egg rock faster and faster.

Offline Seng

• Proud Prairie Rider
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
    they/them/theirs

• turns old
  • blue-rider.png
  • of Forrikenth
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 12:45:48 AM »
“It’s alright. You’re here now, which is what’s important.” Seng grinned in earnest, full of bouncy energy and all the more thrilled because Elrost would get to be there for the egg hatching after all. And when the Herder offered him more meat for the soon-to-hatch little creature, his smile softened and he took it gently from his hands, leaning in to kiss Elrost briefly but heatedly. “Thank you.” Words muffled against his lips.

“No reason to be sorry. The mystery just makes it more exciting.” Really, it did. Seng was nearly bouncing in place, hovering over the tiny heated nest in anticipation while Heron and Sparrow watched with just as much expectation. Whatever color it turned out to be, he knew he’d love it all the same. And no matter Forrikenth’s teasing about it being Blue, Seng knew his dragon would too.

Their own little family.

Whatever was inside the egg, it had good timing. Moments after Elrost slid an arm around Seng’s waist and they settled in to wait, a tiny crack appeared near the top of the shell, which drew a soft “Oh!” from the Blue rider. Another crack, slightly wider, cut a jagged line next to it, and a chip of the shell actually fell away—though not quite revealing yet what color of flit was hatching from inside it.

Spoiler for OOC:
Feel free to NPC the flit a bit in the next post, with whatever suits what you’ve made for Seng. :excited:

Family Adoptables

Offline Elrost

• Herdbeast Motherer
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • hall-less-crafter.png
  • Harrier
  • Bonded to one wher(s)
  • Ellsk
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 12:53:07 AM »
The chip of the shell fell away, and Elrost tried to peer inside the shell, hoping to catch a glimpse of the firelizard inside, but alas, the light of the glows didn't reach far enough inside to show the little firelizard to them.

But the firelizard inside didn't want to wait for very long, and the tapping inside got harder and more insistent, the tempo increasing as the creature inside got more and more annoyed with the length it was taking to just breaking the sharding shell. And suddenly, it came apart all at once, splintering to pieces as the firelizard within decided to push its wings against what was holding it captive, and so, a bronze was revealed, his large wings falling back into place beside him.

"A bronze?" Elrost laughed with the shock of it. Of all of Harrier's clutches, he had never got a guess so wrong. This bronze didn't even look like a small one. "How did he even fit in there?"

It seemed the bronze was not pleased with Elrost's talking and no feeding, so he hissed at the beastcrafter, instead, turning dark, thick body, in Seng's direction with a creel that wasn't so much requesting, but demanding food.

Spoiler for Firelizard Profile <3:

Image Credit:
Created and Coloured by Inki
Link to line art.
Flit Details

Name:
Anything you like.
Pronounced:
How you'd say it.
Color:
Bronze
Date of Birth:
09.06.2590 9th Interval
Place of Birth:
Southern Winds Weyr

General Appearance...

As much as Heron is lithe, this bronze is brawny. He’s all muscle and strength. A dark bronze, lightly patterned with tinges of the tell tale bronze sheen on the edge of his wings. On the larger side of the bronzes, this man will stop his growth at 1.75m.

Personality...

Mind Voice: His voice is loud and abrasive, not being concerned about cutting in and talking over others, he feels like he deserves to be heard. An all rounder, he will communicate with words, images and emotions, although his native firelizard language would be his most commonly used speech habits.

*TALKING - He likes the sound of his own voice, and he thinks that everyone else should as well.
*GOLDS – But only when he wins, when they think they’re too good for him, he’ll get mightly huffy and upset, but if he wins, he strut about pretending like there was no other possibility.
*HIS FAMILY – Not that Seng or Sparrow need any more protectors, but this bronze is mightily proud of the little family they have created and won’t let anyone put that in jeopardy.

Dislikes:
*DISRESPECT – To his family or to himself, he’s arrogant enough to believe that many things are a form of disrespect. He’s quiet easily offended.
*EASILY OFFENDED PEOPLE - He's a hypocrite, whilst he can get offended about every little thing, if someone else does, he’s thinks they’re absolutely ridiculous.

Member Info...

Anything Else:
Born of Harrier’s Clutch, distributed in this thread.

Coded by SanctifiedSavage for SWW

Offline Seng

• Proud Prairie Rider
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
    they/them/theirs

• turns old
  • blue-rider.png
  • of Forrikenth
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 08:08:22 PM »
Seng nearly held his breath as he watched the egg crack and start to open. Though he couldn’t glimpse the tiny creature yet, he was eager to hold it, and feed it, and feel its bond brush up against his mind and slot into place alongside Forrikenth’s, Sparrow’s, and Heron’s. And it seemed the little thing would be an enthusiastic and vivacious one, judging by the insistent way it struck out against the shell enclosing it. Part of him wanted to reach out to help it break out of its shell, but he knew better—that was an important part of it hatching, and he could risk startling it or even injuring it if his attempts to help were really more of a hindrance.

So he waited, with baited breath, still holding the bits of meat Elrost had handed to him. And then the flit hatched all at once, spreading its—his—wings to crack through what remained of the shell.

If there was anything to be said of him, he certainly wasn’t small by any means.

“I have no idea,” he admitted with a laugh to echo Elrost’s. A Bronze hadn’t been what Seng had expected to hatch from such a sky blue egg; not that he was displeased by any means. But it truly did seem a mystery as to just how the Bronze had folded himself up in such a way as to fit in there for as long as he had.

The hiss only drew more of a smile to Seng’s face, and he moved forward to offer one of the pieces of meat as the handsome creature turned his way. “Here you go,” he crooned, voice almost a whisper. No matter how many times he saw things hatch, it always seemed just as amazing. “You must be starving, huh?” The Bronze tore eagerly into the meat held out for him, and Seng was quick to supply another lest that demanding creel be directed at him again. Only once the Bronze was on his fourth or fifth morsel did Seng’s attention break to grin sunnily at Elrost again.

“He’s beautiful.”

Family Adoptables

Offline Elrost

• Herdbeast Motherer
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • hall-less-crafter.png
  • Harrier
  • Bonded to one wher(s)
  • Ellsk
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 06:21:06 PM »
Elrost hadn't been watching the firelizard, not after the first few seconds anyways. No, rather the expression on Seng's face as the bond slowly filled his mind, and the smile as the little thing hissed. That was what Elrost truly cared about. Sure, it was great that his gift had exhibited such a thing, but he'd have more than enough time to look at the bronze later.

Leaning forward, he couldn't help but lay a gentle kiss on Seng's lips, the... uniqueness of the situation filling him with such happiness. Elrost pulled away after only a small lingering, Seng did have a newly hatched firelizard to pay attention to, but he couldn't have resisted after the blue rider's eyes and smile had been turned to him.

"He certainly seems to suit the faire you're forming. Sparrow is going to have another big brother. Or... younger brother?" He laughed a little at the predicament. "What do you think you're going to name him?" Seng had obviously been going for an Avian theme with the other two, and despite this little bronze being a new addition, Elrost wondered whether the naming theme would continue.

OOC Recent

[November 20, 2017, 09:44:14 PM]

[November 20, 2017, 11:06:36 AM]

[November 20, 2017, 11:02:56 AM]

[November 20, 2017, 10:37:49 AM]

[November 18, 2017, 02:46:37 AM]

[November 17, 2017, 06:06:41 PM]

[November 16, 2017, 10:11:11 PM]

[November 15, 2017, 04:41:43 PM]

[November 15, 2017, 12:55:33 PM]

[November 14, 2017, 05:24:38 PM]

[November 13, 2017, 03:41:35 PM]

[November 13, 2017, 12:51:42 PM]

[November 12, 2017, 04:36:54 PM]

[November 12, 2017, 03:57:11 PM]

by Inki
[November 12, 2017, 03:19:52 PM]

IC Recent

[November 21, 2017, 02:17:37 PM]

by Ilue
[November 21, 2017, 06:09:34 AM]

by Ilue
[November 21, 2017, 06:04:17 AM]

[November 20, 2017, 12:12:28 AM]

[November 20, 2017, 12:03:31 AM]

[November 19, 2017, 05:23:29 PM]

[November 19, 2017, 02:52:51 PM]

[November 16, 2017, 06:48:23 PM]

[November 15, 2017, 11:26:30 PM]

[November 15, 2017, 02:36:27 AM]

[November 14, 2017, 02:24:32 PM]

[November 13, 2017, 06:13:43 PM]

[November 13, 2017, 03:06:16 PM]

[November 12, 2017, 03:51:19 PM]

by Saer
[November 12, 2017, 09:44:33 AM]

Open Threads

If you have any open threads that aren't listed, let us know.
In-Depth Character Prompts - For SOLO Threads

Don'tcha Just Hate It When... - 21.06.2589 x Seaphonellqua

Just Teasing - 01.09.2589 x Nishi

Death by Boredom - 32.10.2589 x Callista

Klah and Long Nights - 23.01.2590 x Isotarïne

In the Radiant Sun - 15.03.2590 x T'lor

Three Cheers to Sweet Isolation - 17.03.2590 x Penderton

Napping on a Wher - 18.03.2590 x Sarinea

Coryza - 20.03.2590 x Vanelwynne

Now It's a Party! - 07.04.2590 x B'lye

Dragon's Dance - 08.05.2590 x Bekareni

Evening Showers - 11.05.2590 x K'ran