Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Most of the site is visible to guests, though we do have a Member's Only forum and an IC Cbox that becomes available once you join!

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
8.2590 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every 4 or 5 OOC days. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Flits here, as well as whers.  There are Candidate events and classes and Crafter plots. A little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!

Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a colored name here.

Remember,
this holds no IC consequence and is only for fun.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Beds and Mates... but not bedmates [35.06.2590//12.12am] Ionei, T'ghen  (Read 426 times)

Offline Galve

Exhausted. Galve didn’t quite realise how tired they were until they shuffled in to their new room, chest now a dull ache after being covered in numbing salve, and stained candidate robe clutched in their hand. They stood for a moment at the door, blinking at the new room, trying to comprehend the idea that they were now a Weyrling… they finally impressed…

Well of course you did! I am here now. You couldn’t before because they weren’t me, but now I am me, and you are Mine. Obviously.

With a small smile, Galve tried very hard not to roll their eyes, “can I have one moment of quiet to let this sink in, please? It’s been a long day.”

A spike of guilt and sadness passed through their bond as Weyteleth ducked her dark red head, and Galve almost took it back. But the little Red did need to learn when to quiet… ugh, this was going to be harder than Galve had thought.

Okay, sorry.

“Ughhh, why don’t you pick out a bed for me? And the stone plinth next to it will be yours.”

Instantly the Red was back to her energetic self, practically skipping her way into the room, although still a little awkward looking, with her wings half raised and bouncing as she moved. Sniffing over two of the three beds while Galve leaned on the stone of the opening to their room, Weyteleth seemed to like the look of the second one.

Crawling up the side of the cot, she walked over it, liking the softer feel of bedfurs under the pads of her feet. With great concentration, the tiny dragon walked over every inch of the bed, just to feel it. Finally, Galve moved to join her, plopping down next to the dragon without thinking. The little Red bounced from the impact.

Momentarily still while her young mind processed what had happened, it took all of about half a second for the Red to start bouncing on the bed, trying to move Galve in return. She attempted in vain, but she was determined, and enjoying it… and doing so quietly.

Lying down on the bed, smug waves of amusement emanating from Galve through their bond, that’s how they stayed. Or, at least, that’s how they’d remain until they had to meet their roommates. 

Spoiler for Hidden:
@Aster @SirAlahn
I don't care what bed Galve has, so if other people care about which bed in the room is theirs you can just assume it's open <3
Red Weyteleth - Newly hatched - 1.3 m long/0.26 m tall/ 2.15m wings

Offline T'ghen

• Quiet & Intense
  • Do you have anything interesting to say?
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • black-weyrling.png
  • of Sinestath
  • Bonded to two firelizard(s)
  • Benden & Aivas
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
There had never been any real doubt in T’ghen’s mind that he would Impress. No, of that eventuality he had been completely sure. He would not be one of those Candidates who was Searched and then failed—whose mental states deteriorated out of despair, or who became steadily less and less like what the Search Dragon had seen in them. He was no young boy fresh out of childhood. He knew what he wanted, how to accomplish it, and that there would be a dragon for him in one of Southern Winds’ clutches, regardless of when it happened.

So his sense of disbelief now had nothing to do with Impressing in and of itself. Others might call it arrogance, but to T’ghen it was simply self-confidence. No, his faint feeling of being stunned originated from what had bonded to him.

Or, rather, who.

You’ll learn. The Black’s own self-assuredness was idly infuriating. For such a young thing, he had no doubt in himself. There was hardly any questioning in him, just complete surety that he would be all the things his rider wanted him to be, in time. As Sinestath saw it, after all, it wasn’t his fault that his first real opponent had been a fat Brown.

In time, he was sure, his size would put him in a higher class than that pushy creature. He would be better. In every way.

//Learn what?// A question born of exasperation, as T’ghen led Sinestath away from the feeding pavilion to the room in the barracks that he’d been told would be theirs. Later, he would have to move his belongings from the Candidate Barracks. But that would be a task for when the sun was actually up. Sinestath, belly full of food and hide soft with oil, was sleepy—and the waves of drowsiness radiating from their mental link was making even T’ghen yawn.

Which made him scowl.

That you’re wrong about me.

//Careful. You’re starting to sound like M’lan’s dragon.//

Don’t be stupid. Sinestath’s voice took on a faintly waspish tone at that. How disappointing his first potential friend had been. If only Corvath was linked with some other rider—one that wasn’t a detriment to him. You are wrong, but no one gets to tell you that but me.

//Of course.//

T’ghen was disappointed to find that the room was already occupied when they arrived. He even checked the number above the door to make sure he wasn’t mistaken. But no, this was Room 10. And thus this was the first of what appeared to be two roommates he would have to endure for the rest of their weyrlinghood.

He was too tired for introductions and idle small talk. Hopefully they would be too.

But it was not meant to be. Though he’d schooled his expression into aloof neutrality, moving to take the bed on the other side of the room from the other weyrling’s, leaving the second one—in the middle—empty, T’ghen’s attempt to avoid the trappings of conversation were futile.

Hello. Closing his eyes, T’ghen felt a muscle in his jaw twitch as he sensed his dragon reaching out to the Red on the other side of the room. It’s nice to meet you. I’m Sinestath.

He sighed through his nose and turned to Galve. “I’m sorry about him.” Shards, he hated having to apologize for anything. But Sinestath’s talkativeness would no doubt he grating to others beyond himself. “I don’t think he’s realized just how tired he is yet.” A sentiment which T’ghen followed up with a glare at his dragon, gesturing toward the stone couch next to what would be his own bed for the next two turns. //That’s your bed.//

I know. But I want to meet our roommates first.

//Why?// A nearly helpless, pleading-sounding question, which had Sinestath snorting and flaring his wings, but not directly answering T’ghen.

Sinestath | 2 Months Old | 7.08M Long | 1.78M Tall | 13.2M Wingspan

Offline Ionei

Ionei came in later, as she'd been busy with Healers first; Quaoth's tail was wrapped, though it still had a big chunk taken out of it, and Ionei got some salve a bandage for her cut up leg as well. So it was after T'ghen and Galve by a little while when she found her way to the room W'um had directed her to. She had Quaoth in her arms, the fussing with his tail having been too much for him for the next little while, even if he wasn't actually complaining. She could just tell.

Are we home yet? he asked, also clearly sleepier than he was willing to admit.

"We're home now," Ionei whispered, pleased to see there was only one bed option left. No making decisions! Excellent. She set Quaoth down in the middle couch and let him settle, flopping sideways on her bed unceremoniously. Louder, to the other humans, she managed a, "Hi."

Hello, her dragon interjected politely into what conversation Sinestath and Weyteleth might have already been having.
Quaoth | Newly Hatched
0.87 M Long | 0.174 M High | 1.18 M Wingspan

Offline Galve

Weyteleth ceased her bouncing as the other pair walked in, interest settling intently on the two. Galve, feeling the interest cut through their own sleepiness, sat up slowly, with a cringe. Their chest had settled to a dull ache after the healer’s salve had been applied, but it still wasn’t particularly comfortable to move. Not bothering to get up fully, Galve leant back on their hands and nodded to the arriving pair. Small talk wasn’t particularly Galve’s thing either, but for slightly different reasons than the new Blackrider.

Galve, themself, hadn’t had much to do with T’ghen, before or during candidacy, but fate had a funny way of forcing new bedfellows. It would be good, at least, to signal a new beginning as Weyrlings. If you were sentimental about that sort of thing. Quietly grateful that the older guy didn’t seem to want to talk, Galve patted Weyteleth on the back and went to pick her up and move her to the dragonbed, but before they could, they felt a spike of excitement and happiness from the young dragonette and paused.

Weyteleth didn’t have time to respond, however, before T’ghen spoke. Shaking their head, their expression a little surprised at the apology and the following byplay between dragon and rider, Galve paused for a bit before replying. “Uh, don’t worry about it. He’s not a bother, plus, if he could help tire her out, I’d actually appreciate it.”

Weyteleth, not quite understanding the apology, felt no compunction to keep her ideas to herself, so she broadcasted her response to the whole group. Obviously, if Sinestath was happy to talk, T’ghen wouldn’t mind doing so, right? I am a little tired, but I want to say hello first. Hello! It’s nice to meet you too. I am Weyteleth, and Mine is Galve. What is Yours called? Without pausing to actually wait for a name, the little Red continued. You have pretty wings, and they look lots bigger than Mine from here. Climbing over Galve’s still outstretched arms, and jumping down from the cot, the little Red sidled up to the darker dragonette and spread her wings to compare their sizes.

Mhmm, lots bigger. Although, perhaps, the Red would have said more,  a yawn, oversized on the small frame of the dragonette, interrupted her. And allowed her mind to settle enough that she remembered she was waiting for an answer to her question, and so she resolved to sit politely next to the Black to wait for an answer.

When Ionei walked in, with Quaoth, Weyteleth crooned a happy welcome. Since she’d talked to Quaoth in the feeding pavilion, she already considered the smaller Red a friend. She hadn’t, however, talked to Ionei, and automatically assumed the hello was meant for her as well. Replying with a cheerful hello, she walked herself back to her own cot with Galve. Curling up by the pillow instead of on the dragonbed.

Hey, some people don’t like it when you talk straight to them. They think it’s more polite to speak through send a message to their dragon, and the dragon might pass it on to them. Otherwise, you can tell me to tell them something.

But why? Isn’t it easier for me to say hello?

It is, and to be honest I don’t really know why you shouldn’t. Something like, they only really want their minds open to their Bonded. I don’t care, but it doesn’t mean everyone will think it’s okay, and so it’s generally polite to just not.

Weyteleth didn’t reply to that, and Galve knew she was mulling it over. But, too tired to do much more explaining for tonight, they just patted the little Red on the head and also lay themself more comfortably on the bed, with one leg still raised. As a belated reply to Ionei, they waved with a, "hey. Sorry ‘bout that.” Seems T’ghen wasn’t the only one in the room who’d be having to apologise for dragon chatter.
Red Weyteleth - Newly hatched - 1.3 m long/0.26 m tall/ 2.15m wings

Offline T'ghen

• Quiet & Intense
  • Do you have anything interesting to say?
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • black-weyrling.png
  • of Sinestath
  • Bonded to two firelizard(s)
  • Benden & Aivas
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
Re: Beds and Mates... but not bedmates [35.06.2590//12.12am] Ionei, T'ghen
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 11:17:07 PM »
Though the sound of another dragon’s voice in his head had T’ghen frowning some, Sinestath seemed as unperturbed by that as he did to most everything else he had encountered so far, beyond M’lan’s conversation with his rider. It’s nice to meet you, Weyteleth. And your rider. He didn’t project that thought at Galve themself, but he did look at them briefly in what would pass for a greeting. Mine is T’ghen. He said it proudly, which did please the ex-Printer, but nevertheless the scrawny Black’s talkativeness still had him out of sorts. T’ghen’s noncommittal grunt of acknowledgement to Galve’s comment barely passed as conversation, not that he was particularly skilled at such overtures regardless.

The Black was even more pleased when the little Red expressed appreciation of his wings, thrumming happily and even straightening so that he could spread them closer to their full length. Compared to how much smaller the other dragon was, Sinestath’s own wings dwarfed hers, the webbing pale and silvery and—at least in his opinion—certainly worthy of the praise she had given them. Thank you.

To his rider, he added smugly, See? She thinks I’m pretty. And she knows I’m not some tiny thing like you think I am.

//You’re just skinny.// He was nearly sighing internally again. //I never said your coloration looked poor. But you’re…// For once in his life, T’ghen wasn’t sure what word to use—mostly because there were so many he could utilize, and none of them were flattering but quite expressed his thoughts on the matter either. //You’re waifish,// he finished at last, busying himself with shifting his bedfurs to a more comfortable configuration.

With the arrival of their last roommate, T’ghen could tell that Sinestath was practically glowing with joy. No stuck-up Bronzes or that fat Brown for them, no:  instead, they’d be sharing their space with other mutations. Dragons that he already felt supportive and fond of, even though he’d barely met them. Which just had his rider half turning away to scowl all the more. Though at least, at his dragon’s prompting, he did offer a quiet, “Hello” to the girl, albeit reluctantly.

Hello, the Black purred to the second Red as he resettled on his couch. What’s your name?

Spoiler for OOC:
@RaynePOTM @Aster I am soooo sorry. ._. Somehow this thread didn’t make it onto my tracker, so I didn’t realize that I owed you two a reply. Please forgive me.

Sinestath | 2 Months Old | 7.08M Long | 1.78M Tall | 13.2M Wingspan

OOC Recent

[Today at 07:02:03 AM]

by rubi
[Today at 06:19:04 AM]

[Today at 01:29:03 AM]

[September 20, 2017, 05:48:59 PM]

[September 20, 2017, 05:46:36 PM]

[September 20, 2017, 04:14:39 PM]

[September 19, 2017, 07:24:34 PM]

[September 19, 2017, 09:00:49 AM]

[September 19, 2017, 02:43:14 AM]

by Kyya
[September 18, 2017, 10:58:52 PM]

by Kyya
[September 18, 2017, 10:40:07 PM]

by Kyya
[September 18, 2017, 10:37:31 PM]

[September 18, 2017, 08:20:03 PM]

[September 18, 2017, 08:00:42 PM]

[September 18, 2017, 07:27:24 PM]

IC Recent

[Today at 06:47:08 AM]

[Today at 12:56:58 AM]

[Today at 12:39:18 AM]

[September 20, 2017, 09:16:08 PM]

[September 19, 2017, 10:26:48 AM]

[September 19, 2017, 10:16:27 AM]

[September 19, 2017, 01:00:24 AM]

[September 18, 2017, 07:42:36 PM]

[September 18, 2017, 04:51:15 PM]

[September 18, 2017, 03:30:27 PM]

[September 18, 2017, 02:04:07 PM]

[September 18, 2017, 05:38:07 AM]

[September 18, 2017, 05:23:20 AM]

[September 18, 2017, 12:18:01 AM]

[September 17, 2017, 06:56:22 PM]

Open Threads

If you have any open threads that aren't listed, let us know.
In-Depth Character Prompts - For SOLO Threads

Don'tcha Just Hate It When... - 21.06.2589 x Seaphonellqua

Just Teasing - 01.09.2589 x Nishi

Death by Boredom - 32.10.2589 x Callista

Klah and Long Nights - 23.01.2590 x Isotarïne

In the Radiant Sun - 15.03.2590 x T'lor

Three Cheers to Sweet Isolation - 17.03.2590 x Penderton

Napping on a Wher - 18.03.2590 x Sarinea

Coryza - 20.03.2590 x Vanelwynne

Now It's a Party! - 07.04.2590 x B'lye

Dragon's Dance - 08.05.2590 x Bekareni

Evening Showers - 11.05.2590 x K'ran