Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

Required Reading
links to read before you join

Ic Info
Character information, Applications, and Adoptables

Bestiarum
The notable fauna of SWW

OOC Extras
Fun things around the forum to wittle at time between posts or links to OOC info

A comprehensive list of links to all our info

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
4.2591 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every OOC week. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Flits here, as well as whers.  There are Candidate events and classes and Crafter plots. A little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!

Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a colored name here.

Remember,
this holds no IC consequence and is only for fun.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Just Some Heavy Lifting [ 27.1.2590 / 1 PM ] || Vironethian  (Read 1129 times)

Offline Jossekayne

Dangerous though it might be to be out and about at the Mine Hall, Jossekayne enjoyed getting to eat lunch there every day before Beach Wing’s shift of guarding and helping the workers actually began. While they didn’t always eat outside as the change between Beach and Jungle Wing was made, she relished the days that they did get to. So despite the cool and cloudy weather, complete with wind that whipped her long hair around her face until she’d been forced to loosely tie it back, she’d all but leapt at the chance to take her meal while sitting in Lyrisiveth’s straps.

But soon enough the call went up that it was time to get started. Brushing crumbs off her fingers and over the side of the Green’s neck, she began to unclip herself from the saddle to slide down off her dragon’s shoulder. “I’m supposed to be helping with the work today, at least for the first half. You’ll keep an eye out for me, Iris?”

Sure thing, darlin’. Lyrisiveth twisted her head around to watch Jossekayne as she touched down on the faintly sickly-looking grass. Are you gonna need my help?

//I don’t know yet. Depends on what they want me to do. For now I think it’s just moving tools and supplies in and out.// Backing up on heels, Jo gave her dragon a lazy salute, grinning all the while. //I’ll let you know. For now, just watch the trees. And try not to get distracted by every pretty man you see.//

Oh, please. Though there was no way to tell if Lyrisiveth was actually rolling her eyes, Jossekayne got the distinct feeling that she was. I’m not due to fly for months yet. Maybe you should make sure you’re not distracted. The Green’s voice rattled around in her rider’s head as a cackle. Jo just made a rude gesture at the Green and turned to make her way into the Mine Hall.

A brief conversation pointed her toward the area that had been set up as a temporary work station for the Smiths, and specifically to some of the heavier equipment that needed transporting outside for the next stage of the construction. Just heavy lifting, really, but it’d get done all the faster with more hands. So it was without complaint that she moved to pick up the first box of tools. Perhaps after that there would be more interesting work to be done.

@Inki

Offline Vironethian

• Angry McAngerson
  • Can you just... fuck off? Yeah? Thanks.
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • smith.png
  • Bonded to one wher(s)
  • Virosk
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
Re: Just Some Heavy Lifting [ 27.1.2590 / 1 PM ] || Vironethian
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 10:04:54 PM »
Vironethian had taken a ride over to the mine hall today, with the Smiths being asked to transfer across to help with construction. He would spend a few days here most likely, sleeping in some temporary and rough Mine Hall caverns. But it would all depend on how the day went, Virosk would be likely to get snappy and annoyed at having to deal with so many people to frequently, so Vironethian was unsure about how the day would go.

Surprisingly enough, he enjoyed the hard labour. No, he didn't enjoy having to deal with all the other idiots that were trusted with dangerous equipment, but it was nice to be able to tell them they were idiots with reason.

It was time to move on to the next stage of the process, he saw, and they would need some of the smiths borrowed equipment to begin. With Virosk stalking by his side, he approached the area, and grimaced as he watched some woman grab a box that was entirely too heavy for her.

"Darling darling," he said, approaching the woman and attempting to wrest the box from the woman's grasp. "You don't want to be dropping this yeah?" Vironethian nodded towards a smaller box, one which surely someone of her size would be able to handle if she insisted on getting their way. "That's more like what you can probably handle."

All powerplay by SirAlahn/SanctifiedSavage by way of Jossekayne/Quenneca allowed

Offline Jossekayne

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 10:14:20 PM »
The last thing she’d expected was to be accosted while working, much less right out the gate. At first, when the man had approached, Jo’d thought he’d simply been moving to pick up a box himself and help. So when he put his hands on the one she was carrying, she just stared at him in disbelief, eyebrows drawing down at the same moment the corner of her mouth twitched upward in something like a grimace.

But she didn’t let go. And Lyrisiveth felt the bolt of her rider’s anger, which had her probing questioningly at Jossekayne’s mind. What’s goin’ on?

//Him.// She couldn’t believe what the fuck she was hearing, which prompted a harsh laugh from her. It wasn’t really meant to sound so derisive, but she couldn’t help it. Tightening her fingers on the box she was holding—and it was a bit heavy, sure, but not anything even remotely outside of her abilities—she refused to relinquish it to him.

“Excuse me?” Underneath the husky tone of amusement in her voice, there was a definite edge. Maybe he was just messing around and didn’t realize he was being insulting? Was this what passed for flirting among the Holders? “Who the fuck do you think you are? I can carry this just fine.”

Offline Vironethian

• Angry McAngerson
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • smith.png
  • Bonded to one wher(s)
  • Virosk
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 04:54:32 AM »
Vironethian's face darkened. There was no need to take this personally, he just didn't want her fucking anything up. Admittedly, the expression her face pulled into when it seemed to anger her, made her all the more attractive, but he put that to the side. She was being ridiculous, attractive or not.

"You're excused. And I'm Vironethian, a Smith crafter." He talked slowly and condescendingly, still trying to pry the box out of her hands. "There's important equipment in here, you don't need to prove yourself, just let the men handle it, yeah?"

For the moment, he was calm. Her swearing annoyed him, definitely not a lady-like word to hear coming from her mouth.

Virosk on the other hand, was mightily enjoying this. For once. It seemed like whilst the blue hated everything else in life, seeing Vironethian about to get reamed out by someone, improved his day immensely. Since it didn't look like they were going anywhere anytime soon, the blue settled himself on the ground to watch.

All powerplay by SirAlahn/SanctifiedSavage by way of Jossekayne/Quenneca allowed

Offline Jossekayne

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 02:14:26 PM »
Whatever hope there might have been that this was just a bad joke was ruined when he persisted—and with that damn condescending tone to go along with it. If there hadn’t been anything important or potentially breakable in the box, Jossekayne would have been sorely tempted to drop it on his foot just so her hands would be free to hit him in the mouth. How dare he?

Easy, love. I don’t think M’rek’d be happy if you punched a Crafter.

//No, but he fucking deserves it.//

Try as this man—Vironethian—might, Jo wasn’t about to let go. Not when he’d challenged her in such a way:  and just because she was a woman? She knew, in a vague way, that it was the sort of traditionalist runnershit endemic to the Hold, but having grown up in the Weyr… she’d never really dealt with it before. Some arrogant Bronzers might grumble about women, and Green riders in particular, but at the end of the day they were still smart enough not to imply they were weak.

They were still dragon riders, after all.

But though Lyrisiveth was right in that she probably shouldn’t hit him, that didn’t stop her temper from flaring even more. “Are you serious? I’ve been tossing bags of firestone for fifteen turns, and you think a little ol’ box is too much for me?” She snorted, in a distinctly unladylike fashion, but that had never been something she gave a damn about anyway. “Get out of my way, Vironethian the Smith Crafter.” And she turned away from him, intending to prevent any further attempts to wrest the box from her.

Offline Vironethian

• Angry McAngerson
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • smith.png
  • Bonded to one wher(s)
  • Virosk
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 12:50:56 AM »
And with those words everything made sense. "Ohhh you're a dragonrider, so you think you can do anything, that makes sense."

Vironethian did let go of the box but glared at her as he did so. "Don't go running crying back to me, when you drop it and someone else reams you out for the priceless items you fucked up." Shard it, he'd sworn in front of her. Well, that was her bloody fault, for working him up, not just giving up the bloody box. His mother would've hit him for swearing in front of a woman.

Scowling, he turned away, mumbling under his breath, annoyed that she had provoked him. Usually, smithcrafters, apprentices, he didn't care one toss about, but his mother had instilled this stupid sense of duty towards women. It reminded him of all the times she had washed his mouth out with his curses, and the memory, dredged up by this woman annoyed him.

"Ruddy woman, dragonriders, can't just give me the stupid box." She was going to make him fight her for the box back, had this wild look in her eye. It annoyed him that he had noticed her eyes and the feel of her body against his when she had tried to turn away from him.

"I hope she breaks it so I can tell her stupid wingleader and get her as far the fuck away from here as possible." He didn't bother to check whether or not she had left to deliver the packages, or whether she was even swinging to hit him, Vironethian had blocked his peripheral vision off in his anger for her arrogance.

Offline Jossekayne

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 02:35:03 AM »
She had almost let go of her annoyance, if not the box. Almost. But then he just kept fucking going; and despite having already turned away from him, Jossekayne glanced back over her shoulder at him with a glare just as vicious and heated as his own. “Look, asshole, I don’t just think I can do anything. I know I can.”

Jossekayne…

But the Green, intending to keep her rider out of trouble, went on ignored. Her dander was already up—particularly when this Vironethian didn’t even seem to care that she was still in earshot as he muttered about her under his breath. The fact that he was handsome just made it worse, honestly. Why’d he have to go looking like that and then open his mouth and be so fucking…

Rude?

//Yes!//

“I’m not going to break your stupid box and the things inside it just carrying it outside. And you know what? After that I’m going to come back here and grab another one because that’s what I was asked to do to help all of you today. Sorry no one asked for your approval first.” She was just being nasty now, but Jo didn’t care. “And I hope there’s a lot left here for me to carry, so you can eat your fucking words. If I didn’t care enough not to break your precious tools, I’d hit you in the damn mouth for talking to me that way.”

And with that, she turned and stormed out of the room and back into the tunnels to carry the first of what would be as many fucking boxes as she could get her hands on out to the workers in the clearing.

Offline Vironethian

• Angry McAngerson
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • smith.png
  • Bonded to one wher(s)
  • Virosk
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 06:23:10 PM »
Vironethian scowled at her back as she stalked away, resisting the annoyingly childish urge to poke his tongue out at her. He was just trying to be helpful, and this was how people repayed him? Never going to do anything for anyone else ever again, they scream at him, call him names, when all he was doing was trying to keep his equipment and her stupid feet safe.

But he would be rotting in the ground before he allowed this woman to take any more boxes than he could help. Roughly grabbing a smith apprentice by the arm, he stopped the group that was walking past to help work outside. "You, all of you. Grab a box. Shut it. I don't care what your supervising journeyman told you, I am a journeyman, so just take this sharding box."

Shoving a box roughly into the arms of the nearest apprentice, he tried to pile more on. "Are you a child? Surely you can take more than that?" The fact that it was probably the heaviest piece of equipment there, didn't matter to him, he just wanted to them to take as many of the sharding boxes as possible before she came back.

"What're you guys waiting for? Go go!"

Spoiler for OOC:
I'm really sorry I didn't give you much to go on here  :fear:

Offline Jossekayne

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2017, 08:59:38 PM »
Jo didn’t curse about Vironethian all the way back to the outside, but it was a narrow thing. With her eyebrows drawn downward in a scowl, her stormy expression no doubt went some distance in making sure no one else approached her while she walked. Rather, a few people actually got out of her way as they saw her approaching, which suited Jossekayne just fine. Better that they did. She’d been rather mild to the Smith, all things considered—in her opinion—but anyone else who drew her ire was likely to get even worse treatment.

Her earlier good mood was gone.

He pro'ly didn’t mean for it to sound the way it did, Lyrisiveth offered, her tone soothing even as her rider deposited the first box where she’d been directed.

“Oh yeah?” Jo glanced sharply over at the Green where she was standing, and perhaps startling those nearest with the venom in her voice, since it otherwise appeared she was talking to no one. Gritting her teeth as she turned on her heel, she stalked back over to the entrance to the Mine Hall. //What do you think he meant for it to sound like, then? ‘Let the men handle it.’ Fuck him!//

If he’s a Holder, he might just not… know any better. But it fell flat even to the Green.

//That’s no excuse.//

As she made her way back to the room where she’d gotten the first box, a veritable stream of other people carrying equipment out of it only made Jossekayne’s expression darken. The simmering anger bled off her in waves, and she glanced sharply at Vironethian as she passed him to pick up another. “Making sure I touch as little of your precious shit as possible?”

Spoiler for OOC:
No frets. <3 If Vironethian wouldn’t still be there directing the apprentices, let me know and I can edit my post.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 09:00:06 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline Vironethian

• Angry McAngerson
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • smith.png
  • Bonded to one wher(s)
  • Virosk
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2017, 05:07:01 PM »
Vironethian couldn't help the scowl that spread across his face when he noticed her approaching yet, and he barked at the apprentices to hurry up and take the stuff outside. There wasn't enough of them to prevent her taking another trip, and he knew that trying to physical wrest it from her again, so he quickly slid past her to grab the largest one instead.

He hadn't meant to offend anyone right out of the gate, it was just... how he was. And to be honest, he was quite content with that. If she sought to find offence in every little thing he did then so be it.

"Actually, yes." Vironethian was nothing if not an honest man. "I had already politely asked you to leave it, but instead you proceeded to ignore me. I had to take matters into my own hands." Even he could acknowledge that he was being ridiculous. Obviously the woman was a rider, evidently she wasn't a weakling, but the moment she had refused his instructions, Vironethian had exploded. He hated when people didn't do what they were told.

Not that he had any ranking above her, or even need to tell her what to do.

Virosk plodded along beside, enjoying the anger which seemed to flow off both parties, and sent a cheerful bark-like greeting in the rider's direction, deciding to switch his allegiance from Vironethian to her in a heartbeat. Virosk was never cheerful. He didn't like anyone. But he liked her.

"Traitorous wretch." Vironethian muttered under his breath as he stalked towards the opening.

Offline Jossekayne

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2017, 01:56:56 PM »
There had been a part of her that had hoped he’d just admit he was wrong. But that didn’t seem destined to be, as he actually answered her spiteful question. Jo was caught between being mad at herself for having asked it, and thus walked into such a reply, and being mad at him for continuing to be an insulting ass about it all. So she snorted, and pointedly picked up the next largest box after the one he’d taken.

That he’d intercepted her path to it was not lost on her.

“Polite? What the fuck was polite about anything you said? Maybe you’re used to simpering Holder broads, but that doesn’t mean all women are so helpless, nor that you get to order me around.” Jossekayne knew any amount of fellow riders that would have just as happily kicked his ass for making such assumptions. K’eeda and Finna among them, at the very least. Maybe even Vestanna too. Inanna would have been a bit more polite about it, probably, but would have been just as unamused.

She took far more venomous pleasure in his wher’s pleasant greeting to her than she probably otherwise would have. Knowing it would probably give him a fucking conniption, she shifted the weight of the box to one arm and her hip, reaching down with her other hand to let the Blue smell her fingers. She knew better than to directly try to pet a watchwher if they didn’t know her, but this was the first step to a proper introduction. And her eyes flicked back to Vironethian then, as she too moved toward the exit. “At least he has some manners.”

Offline Vironethian

• Angry McAngerson
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • smith.png
  • Bonded to one wher(s)
  • Virosk
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2017, 04:04:46 AM »
Vironethian couldn't find the words to answer her questions. Pissed off at his own mind for immediately agreeing with the fact that she definitely wasn't a simpering Holder broad, and obviously not helpless either. It was also frustratingly true that he didn't get to order her around. So his face deepened into an annoyed scowl and glared at any of the apprentices that tried to sidle past the two of them.

The way they avoided eye contact did please him a little bit.

Purposely trying to antagonise his handler even more, Virosk took his time to sniff at the rider's hand, as if he hadn't already sized her up within moments of sensing Vironethian's... strange anger. Not the kind of anger the blue usually felt through their connection, this wasn't laced so much with apathy, but with a sense of helplesses. Which the sadistic little thing enjoyed prodding at immensely. When he decided Vironethian had suffered enough, the wher pushed a snout of acceptance into the woman's hand, and moved on towards the exit as well.

Her words, at the startling contact of her eyes, forced a shockingly harsh bark of laughter from him. A moment of actual mirth, which he'd needed to cover up at the last minute with derisiveness. "You wanna take him then?"

Offline Jossekayne

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2018, 02:33:31 PM »
Mad as she might be at his handler for being an ass, Jo couldn’t help but smile at the way the pretty Blue watchwher sniffed at her hand. He was a pale thing, all ice and snow—reminding Jossekayne so much of her own dragon’s pale wings, though Iris’ own near-white markings were reminiscent of lilies rather than winter. But big and sleek as this wher was, he held himself more like a Bronze or an over-serious Brown might rather than a Blue. Yet what she’d said had been accurate; at least he knew how to conduct himself in polite company.

So it pleased her immensely when he pushed his snout against her hand. Patting him briefly before he moved away again, Jo cut her eyes back toward Vironethian and adjusted her grip on the box she was carrying. “Sure,” she replied, rather flippantly as she resumed her walk toward the exit of the tunnel system. “Maybe he’ll get along with Lyrisiveth.”

The rider crooned to Virosk then. “Whatcha think, sweetie? Wanna come home with me instead of this stick in the mud?”

I’d like a wher friend, her Green mused breezily, which prompted an internal laugh from Jossekayne.

Tags:

OOC Recent

[Today at 06:10:48 AM]

[Yesterday at 01:10:17 PM]

[July 14, 2018, 02:49:35 AM]

by Kyya
[July 13, 2018, 12:07:39 AM]

by Kyya
[July 13, 2018, 12:02:20 AM]

[July 12, 2018, 06:15:18 PM]

[July 12, 2018, 03:22:36 PM]

[July 07, 2018, 03:36:04 PM]

[July 06, 2018, 10:36:49 PM]

[July 01, 2018, 08:50:51 PM]

by Kyya
[July 01, 2018, 03:26:28 PM]

[June 28, 2018, 05:21:39 PM]
Pern RPs | Other RPs
Red River Weyr - 3rd Pass Pern RP Rainbow Mists Weyr Canyon River Weyr | RPG-D
Fortune Favors the Brave | World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP OSH
Kitaro Weyr Under the Wings | Xenedria: Scifi Master/slave RPG Open Affiliate!
Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!

Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! |
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Blood Law - Anitaverse RPG Open Affiliate!
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!