Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

Required Reading
links to read before you join

Ic Info
Character information, Applications, and Adoptables

Bestiarum
The notable fauna of SWW

OOC Extras
Fun things around the forum to wittle at time between posts or links to OOC info

A comprehensive list of links to all our info

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
7.2591 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every OOC week. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Whers here, though not for firelizards.  There are Candidate events, Weyrling classes, Holder plots, and Crafthall developments -- a little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!

Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a colored name here.

Remember,
this holds no IC consequence and is only for fun.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Private Baths and Bitching [ 25.6.2590 / 9PM ] Jo  (Read 898 times)

Offline K'eeda

Baths and Bitching [ 25.6.2590 / 9PM ] Jo
« on: July 21, 2017, 03:56:53 PM »
K’eeda felt like she was missing life. Her entire day was largely spent sitting off to the side, watching Aeleroth flap around while she was too fat and awkward to do anything but make everyone fret over her.

It was annoying. Did they think she was going to just fall over standing in place?

Though she certainly looked it. Her slight frame was almost comical as she was nearing the time the babe was to be born. Much of the weight she’d gained was center mass – her legs still slender and her boobs hardly more than a handful. Certainly bigger than they’d been before and infinitely more sensitive, but her entire body was just annoying her. All K’eeda wanted to do was swim or run or even spar. None of which was possible now.

Except sparring. But no one was going to take her seriously if she could even get someone to agree to it.

So, instead, she was stewing in the hot water and glaring at nothing in particular rather than going back to her weyr ( or K’rez’s, whatever ) and being mean to him. She’d do that later. After she was clean and wrinkly from the water.

Being so grumpy isn’t good for the baby, her dragon remarked, though he knew it was to no avail.

//What do you know.// was K’eeda’s immediate response.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 01:55:34 PM by SirAlahn »

Length: 30M || Height: 5M || Wingspan: 51M
20 weeks pregnant as of 1.3.2590 // Powerplay allowed by K'rez

Offline Jossekayne

Re: Baths and Bitching [ 25.6.2590 / 9PM ] Jo
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 04:22:30 PM »
It had just… not been a good day. The phrase ‘waking up on the wrong side of the bed’ had always seemed a stupid one to Jo, but if ever there had been a time she had, today was that day. Nothing catastrophic had happened, sure, but she’d just been in a pissy mood since that morning, and for no real reason.

Prickly, even. Which had eventually made her waspish even toward Lyrisiveth, who’d flown off with a huff after depositing her rider in the Bowl with a fresh change of clothes. Maybe a soak would improve Jossekayne’s mood, and a nap would better her dragon’s.

That was the hope, anyway.

Clothes draped over one arm, she made her way into the Bathing Springs. Seeing K’eeda there wasn’t really a surprise, and Jo shifted her trajectory to take her to that pool in particular. Perhaps some good company would be suitable too. If the Blue rider told her to fuck off, so be it. But she wasn’t going to ask.

Dumping her change of clothes near the edge, Jossekayne started to pull her shirt off over her head. “You look as grumpy as I feel.”

Offline K'eeda

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 05:03:51 PM »
K’eeda idly splashed at the opposite rim of the pool, simply brooding in her terrible mood. She wasn’t aware enough of anyone else entering the springs, as it was a little late, but that didn’t bother her either. It was a bit of a surprise when the person ended up being Jo.

K’eeda would’ve preferred Finnmaghaine. Or C’ace. One of her fellow blue riders.

Be nice, he quipped, relaxing on ‘his’ ledge. Though it was more like the place on Denoth’s ledge he’d claimed for his own.

K’eeda sunk in the water and bubbled her complaint at her dragon, though she didn’t snap at Jo. Progress. Instead, she watched her fellow wingrider get in the water before she finally said, “I’ve been reduced to waddling around for the last two months or so. I’m restless. What’s wrong with you?”

Offline Jossekayne

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 05:54:04 PM »
Well, the fact that K’eeda hadn’t told her to go away was at the very least a good sign. Stripping out of the rest of her clothes, Jossekayne shook out her long hair and then slid down into the water, sighing faintly under her breath as the warmth of it soaked into her skin, muscles, and bones. Nice and relaxing. There was still a tight knot of tenseness sitting like a yoke across her shoulders, but she hoped the water would ease it with time.

The Green rider leaned her arms on the edge of the pool and tilted her head as she regarded her Wingmate—waving one hand in a vague gesture. “Nothing so bad as that, so I guess I shouldn’t complain. Just had a shitty day.”

She knew better than to think that K’eeda was actually upset about being pregnant, but she could understand the restlessness that came with the advanced stages of it. Jo had never gotten to that point in the one ill-fated child she’d tried to carry, but she’d heard plenty of stories from friends that had. Sore and swollen feet. An aching back. Odd hungers. And that same restlessness K’eeda was talking about. Trying a smile, she nodded toward the curve of the other woman’s belly. “Looks like your days of waddling should be over soon though, yeah?”

Offline K'eeda

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 06:39:17 PM »
K’eeda waved away the other rider’s words. “A shitty day is a shitty day, no comparison needed.”

Look, you can be nice, he cooed.

K’eeda scowled, but only a moment, before her hand moved over to her belly. “Mm, yeah. Soon, or so the Healers keep tellin’ me. All the more reason I’m not supposed to stray far, do anything, or I’ll get in trouble.” She rolled her eyes. “I can’t do much anyways. Just watch my shardin’ dragon attempt to do drills on his own. He’s a complete useless flit in the air without me.”

That’s not very nice, he pouted.

//Not wrong either,// she answered.

“I can’t remember, do you have any kiddos?”

Offline Jossekayne

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 12:29:58 AM »
Jo had been prepared to feel like an ass for bitching when K’eeda’s complaints were a bit more serious, so the waving away of her concern prompted a smile. For all that the day had been a disappointing and aggravating one, this was… nice. Slowly, a little more of the previous residual annoyance leaked away.

And the Blue rider’s comment about her dragon had her laughing, low and soft but genuinely. “Poor Aeleroth. I’m sure he’ll be glad when your baby’s born and you can join him again.”

Despite their earlier disagreements, Lyrisiveth had still been idly listening to her rider’s conversation while she tried to doze off in the warmth of the night. Sleepily, from her ledge, she reached out to the Blue with an affectionate mental touch. I think you look fine in the air, darlin’. There might have been a hint of playfulness there, but not meant to be obtrusive or directly contradictory to K’eeda. Just a sweet sentiment.

“I’m sure they must know what they’re talking about, but I bet that’s fucking frustrating.” Being restricted in such a way had to be.

In answer to K’eeda’s question, Jossekayne shook her head, hair swirling in the water as long tendrils around her shoulders and collarbone. “No, I don’t have any of my own. At least not yet. Just hasn’t ever quite worked out, you know?”

Offline K'eeda

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 02:21:44 AM »
Aeleroth thrummed at the compliment and rolled over on his back, flaring his wings to take up the ample space on the ledge that was meant for a much larger Brown. It was such a shame that Denoth wasn’t present. Aeleroth did like curling up on the Brown.

Where was he? Probably getting tended to out in the bowl or helping some stragglers in his Wing. Always so helpful.

K’eeda hoped they’d be back by the time she got back.

She did roll her eyes and nod her agreement when Jo mentioned that it was frustrating. It was entirely new levels of frustrating. K’eeda was an active person – she liked doing things. Being a plump, waddling ball of uselessness irked her something fierce.

When Jo said she’d never had any of her own, K’eeda nodded again and bubbled in the water as she exhaled. “Do you want some? Babies, I mean? I know they’re not for everyone but… I mean.” K’eeda shrugged her shoulders. Riders and their children were always up in the air.

Offline Jossekayne

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 12:56:19 PM »
Turning the question to her was a natural next step in the conversation, but Jo still took a moment to drag her fingers through the water, thoughtful, before she answered. “I’d like to have some, yeah. It’s just never seemed like the right time. I tried a long time ago, and it… didn’t work out.” Time had dulled the ache the miscarriage had left in her heart, but it was still the sort of thing that would remain a part of her until she died, like a Threadscore scar.

If she was being honest with herself, the memory of it was one of the things preventing her from trying again. Strong she might be, and death was a fact of life in a world such as this, but Jossekayne didn’t know if she would be able to go through it a second time.

Smiling a bit, she shrugged a shoulder as she looked back to K’eeda. “And I know it’s hardly necessary, but I like the idea of not being the only active parent. Probably overly sentimental of me since they’d be in the Creche anyway.”

Offline K'eeda

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 07:28:41 PM »
K’eeda wasn’t good at the emotional, mushy stuff so she was glad that whatever ‘hadn’t worked out’ about the whole baby situation in Jo’s past didn’t seem to bother her too much in the present. If anyone was going to become overly sentimental or weepy around K’eeda now, she was going to promptly boot them from her presence. Luckily enough for K’eeda, she’d been able to carry all her children to term and they were healthy, rambunctious lot. She wasn’t about to rub that in or whatever, though.

Instead, she puttered about in the warm water and chuckled a little. “There are plenty of doting Riders in the weyr that’d love to play parent. Or snatch yourself up some obsessive Holder or Crafter. I hear they thrive on playing daddy.” K’eeda wouldn’t say she lucked out in picking K’rez – because that wasn’t how things worked – but rather, K’rez had lucked out that she’d come along and gave him such a lovely family.

Exactly that. And on the rare occasion she was very drunk she’d proudly boast that he was the best father in the weyr.

Offline Jossekayne

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2018, 01:17:25 PM »
At K’eeda’s suggestion, Jo made a face and laughed. “Another rider wouldn’t be so bad, if they weren’t some intolerable arrogant Bronzer.” They both knew the type, and Jossekayne was well aware of K’eeda’s similar feelings about them. Far too many of them had their heads up their asses and though they were the single most important people on Pern.

“Crafter might be okay.” She dragged her hand through the water again, enjoying watching the swirling hot water. “It’d depend on what their background was like, I guess. I don’t know that I could stand a Holder.” She made a face again, and it shifted into more of a scowl.

“I mean, I know they can be a pain in the ass, but I grew up in a Weyr, you know? Never really had to deal with them until we all moved in here. But I had a run in with one some months back.” Her voice dipped down into something like a growl. “He was a fucking asshole. Kept trying to get me to stop carrying shit outside from the Mine Hall because—who fucking knows? I’m a woman? He thought I was fragile. It would almost have been worth it to hit him in the damn nose.”

Offline K'eeda

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2018, 04:22:44 PM »
At even the mention of bronzers, K’eeda’s entire face scrunched up and she splashed about in a physical representation of ‘don’t even get me started’. They were some of the worst lot in the weyr and, if they could all pop off Between for a bit and let the rest of them get things sorted, K’eeda thought they’d all be better for it.

She did think better of opening her mouth though. Then the complaints would never end and they’d both be blue in the face before it was over. Instead, she glanced at Jo and nodded a little. “Too many Holders act like they’re still living back in Fort. Like we owe them or some such nonsense. I’ll be glad when the Hall is well and done and we can say goodbye to a lot of them too.” Wasn’t that the truth of it?

Though knowing their luck, they’d still end up being responsible for them somehow.

When K’eeda heard Jo’s story, she actually barked a laugh. “Did you hit him? Like, real good? Because that’s usually one fast way to shut them the fuck up.”

Offline Jossekayne

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2018, 10:10:29 PM »
“I just don’t understand their… their… sense of entitlement.” Jo snapped her fingers when the phrase she wanted finally came to her, and then let her hand slide back under the water. “Like Faranth gifted Pern to them and we should all just come at their beck and call.” She even mustered a scowl, glaring down at the surface of the pool. So many Holders she’d interacted with in the last two turns seemed to talk out of both sides of their mouths—wanting to be left well enough alone with their sometimes backwards ideals, but expecting the riders to take care of their every want and whim at the same time. It was damn infuriating.

“And no, I didn’t. Though there’s times I sorely regret that.” No matter what their Wingleader and ‘Seconds would have said, it would probably have been worth it. Just to see the smug expression disappear off the man’s damn face… there would have been a great deal of satisfaction in proving to him more directly just how not delicate and helpless she was.

Jossekayne side-eyed K’eeda then, but couldn’t hold back a bit of a smile. “I’m a little jealous. Not all of us got to get a few hits in on some Holders at the ‘riot’ they had a few months ago.” She snorted at her own phrasing, but the point remained the same. She and the others in Beach had been well aware of the pregnant Blue rider throwing herself into the fray with all her usual energy.

Offline K'eeda

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2018, 10:11:27 AM »
K’eeda listened to her friend for a moment, smiling faintly at her description. It wasn’t far off the mark, as far as she was concerned. The Holders liked to bitch and moan about being stuck in the weyr, about how things weren’t the way they were supposed to be, but never mind that K’eeda had spent the better part of her life watching Riders she knew fall out of the sky keeping them safe.

While they did what? Farm? Sew? The only crafters K’eeda felt had any right to any sort of complaint might be the Healers, and that’s because they actually took care of the Riders that had Threadscores decorating their bodies from the Pass.

Everyone else should be thankful the Weyr even bothered to take them to the island. They could’ve been left at the dead land that Fort was surrounded by to starve to death. Wait until they started begging to be let in the Weyr and only then be allowed to join them. Then they’d appreciate what they’d have and shut up otherwise.

Or they could take their complaining ass back to Fort.

“What’s some chores to a satisfying punch?” K’eeda asked as she mimicked punching the man’s face by hitting her other open palm with a grin. Sometimes, you just had to. Case in point, Jossekayne’s remark about the riot. K’eeda hadn’t held back then and she’d certainly be right back in it all over again if they wanted to get uppity.

She did scowl but there was a faint twist of a smile to it all. “Like Faranth I was going to let them think they could swing on a Rider and get away with it.”

Offline Jossekayne

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2018, 09:57:27 PM »
Jo grinned as K’eeda mimed punching the Holder—or whoever—in the face, and she found herself wishing more vehemently that she’d done so. If they’d crossed paths again today, she knew she wouldn’t have been able to stop herself. Not with the mood that she’d been in since she woke up, though that was easing with time, soaking in the water, and the chance to commiserate with a Wingmate.

“Shame I got there late that day,” she grumbled, which was true enough. Lyrisiveth had all but demanded Jossekayne oil some parts of her shoulder and side before going to get lunch. By the time she’d actually arrived at the Weyr Hall, things were just getting started—just in time to see K’eeda launch herself at someone and get involved when their Wingleader ordered them to. But Jo hadn’t seen the real start of the altercation, only heard about it after from fellow Beach riders that had been present and involved… though she supposed none so much as the woman across from her now.

“I still can’t believe they approached Jungle of all Wings,” she added, running a hand through her damp hair and absently pulling apart a minor tangle. “I swear they must have been looking to start a fight, pulling a stunt like that. Stupid fuckers.”

Offline K'eeda

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2018, 02:25:13 AM »
K’eeda grumbled unintelligibly before she rolled her eyes. “I’m not sure that the holders or crafters can tell the wings apart, to be honest. I think they just walked up to the nearest table and started their runnershit spiel. It just happened to be jungle.” At that, K’eeda leaned back against the rim of the pool and stretched.

“I’m not sure it would’ve went much better at our table. If they’d have approached me with that slave talk, I probably would’ve hit them too. The lot of them have been getting uppity.” Which was the truth. They could all go live in the jungle for all K’eeda cared, if that’s how they felt about the weyr.

Then, with a long yawn, K’eeda suggested, “Maybe you should go find someone to spend your evening with, hm? Make you forget about all this nonsense. You have anyone fun on your mind? Someone you can talk to me about to make me forget about all this… stupid runnershit?”

Tags:

OOC Recent

[Today at 04:39:16 PM]

[Today at 03:41:57 PM]

[Yesterday at 11:20:55 PM]

[October 31, 2018, 06:04:31 PM]

[October 29, 2018, 08:01:51 PM]

[October 29, 2018, 05:09:15 AM]

[October 25, 2018, 03:29:35 PM]

[October 25, 2018, 01:32:31 PM]

[October 25, 2018, 12:43:27 AM]

[October 24, 2018, 05:46:08 PM]

by Inki
[October 20, 2018, 06:20:59 AM]

[October 15, 2018, 10:40:46 PM]

[October 15, 2018, 12:17:45 PM]

by Inki
[October 12, 2018, 04:52:17 AM]

by Inki
[October 12, 2018, 03:23:05 AM]
Pern RPs | Other RPs
Red River Weyr - 3rd Pass Pern RP Rainbow Mists Weyr Canyon River Weyr | RPG-D
Fortune Favors the Brave | World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP OSH
Under the Wings Pern Unbound | Xenedria: Scifi Master/slave RPG
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!

Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! |
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Blood Law - Anitaverse RPG Open Affiliate!
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!