Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Check out the Monthly Overview to see what's new on the forum!

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
1.2591 0A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every 4 or 5 OOC days. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Flits here, as well as whers.  There are Candidate events and classes and Crafter plots. A little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!

Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a colored name here.

Remember,
this holds no IC consequence and is only for fun.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: In The Beginning [16.08.2590 // 8am] Weyrlings of 2590  (Read 1690 times)

Offline T'ghen

• Quiet & Intense
  • Do you have anything interesting to say?
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • black-weyrling.png
  • of Sinestath
  • Bonded to two firelizard(s)
  • Benden & Aivas
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
Re: In The Beginning [16.08.2590 // 8am] Weyrlings of 2590
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2017, 09:58:51 PM »
The woes of someone who hated group work—weyrlinghood was almost nothing but. As much as T’ghen wanted to just work on his bond with Sinestath, he could hardly spend two years doing just that. Not when he and his classmates were expected to be some cohesive unit at the end of it all:  almost a Wing unto themselves before they got scattered to the Weyr’s official ones. So he understood why all of it was necessary, but that didn’t meant he had to like it.

Much to Sinestath’s mingled amusement and frustration. Are they all so bad? he asked, from his place sitting just behind his rider, eyes whirling a slow but excited green as he watched the bag being tossed back and forth. It looked like an interesting chew toy. Maybe one of the other dragons would chase it with him? Or wrestle him while T’ghen was involved in this stupid assignment that didn’t involve him?

//Behave.// Sharp words, but not accompanied by a glance behind him, as much as he wanted to. No, T’ghen was not about to be caught unawares by whoever threw the bag his way when the time came. So though he could feel a creeping sense of annoyance itching between his shoulderblades, he dutifully ignored what he could feel was the flicker of Sinestath’s attention.

I am behaving. But this could involve me too, and I don’t like that it doesn’t.

//You could hardly throw sacks of firestone yourself.// To L’anna then. Next T’rel. Who was throwing it to N’lyse almost like he was trying to hit the Black weyrling in the face with it.

Oh, because there’s so much Thread in the sky. It might have sounded flippant with anyone else’s voice. With Sinestath’s, it was just dry, almost languid in its sarcasm. I must have missed that.

Still, T’ghen kept his gaze on the object of their game. But it was a narrow thing, avoiding glaring at the thin Black. //Are you trying to distract me?//

No. Clipped, that. But this is boring. At least it's outside.

Sinestath | 5 Months Old | 12.39M Long | 3.115M Tall | 23.1M Wingspan

Offline N'lyse

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2017, 04:45:31 PM »
The bag of firestone had been tossed to several more people by the time N'lyse registered his own name being called, along with the disgruntled growl his own dragon gave as they both registered the sack of firestone tossed at his head. He caught it, barely and awkwardly, one shoulder wrenching uncomfortably with the momentum and weight of the bag. He took it though, only grimacing as he turned away from T'rel with little more than a less-than-friendly look thrown in the bronze weyrling's direction.

His ire and frustration were such that Izelith took to pacing behind him, tail flicking in irritation. N'lyse did his best not to let his dragon's emotions inflate his own--knowing full well that that was something of a tall order.

They hate us, the black grumbled, disgruntled despite the mistrust and dislike he himself had for his bronze brethren and not bothering to keep the words between himself and N'lyse. It was different, in his mind, a feeling that was earned by the bronzes unlike their dislike for him and his color. And--well, he wasn't quite sure how he was supposed to react to the fact that, in this case at least, it was primarily the rider's behavior that had him upset.

'It doesn't matter,' was N'lyse's response, before he turned his attention back to the lesson. "T'vil," he said, a little sharper than he might have meant, and hefted the bag to the younger black weyrling.

Spoiler for tags!:
09.2590 | Length: 9.5M | Height: 2.1M | Wingspan: 16M

Offline W'um

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2017, 04:59:03 PM »
It was going... uhm... well it was going, so far. Evidently they were going to have their hands full with this obvious mistrust between some of the black and bronze Weyrlings. W'um had hoped, that the openness of a young dragonets mind melded with theirs would have alleviated some of the tension between the colours, which was mostly unfounded at this point. They'd only been popped from their shells for a mere few months, and none had done anything directly out of turn. It truly was rider prejudice getting in the way of progress.

The simple fact made him sad, but it also made him a little more determined to help them. To make them better people, not simply going with the flow of how the older rider's thought. They were the new generation, they didn't have to believe what those before them did. Even he knew that now, despite his own misgivings about the mutations in the past. They were all dragons, they were all Weyrlings, they all deserved the same shot.

"Come now, play nice." He called out to the group at the latest spat between a pair. Some rivalries were healthy, W'um definitely knew that. But hate was a strong word, too strong for some so young. "You're here to challenge each other. Not to abuse." W'um stared at both T'rel and N'lyse in turn, making sure they got the message.

They were a team now, and they were damn well going to have to start acting like it.

Length 28.5m ~ Height 5.7m ~ Wingspan 47.31m
W'um oversees the Weyrlings of 2590, click here to find any Weyrling info you need.

Offline T'vil

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2017, 09:12:46 PM »
T'vil followed the bag with idle interest, just making sure that he wouldn't be caught unawares. Please do not make a fool of us. T'vil snorted at his dragon's comment and ignored it, focusing instead on the sack of firestone. When N'lyse called his name sharply, he jerked his head up and realized the bag was coming to him. Finally! he thought, moving with the bag as it landed against his body. He let out an "oof" as the bag hit his chest, but he didn't stumble or drop it.

Findaeth let a smug feeling approval flow over their bond as T'vil considered who hadn't yet received the bag.

Sinestath's T'ghen, Ceryth's Araena, or Quaoth's Ionei, his dragon supplied. //Good to know you've been paying attention.// T'vil retorted, considering his options. After W'um's warning to play nice, he wanted to toss it to T'rel or T'vye to prove he didn't have an issue working the bronzers. But, there were still people who hadn't had a chance to catch or toss the bag of firestone yet.

Finally, T'vil called out to someone across the circle. "T'ghen, your turn!" He took a step and heaved the bag, a little awkwardly, but it seemed to be flying through the air just fine. He'd have plenty of time to help bring the other people in his class around to liking the black and red dragons. For now, they needed to stick together.

Spoiler for tags:
Lace's People || Lace's Plots || Lace's WIPs
---
Wanted Ads: Weyrling Family
---
Findaeth at 10.2590: 4 months old; 10.86m long, 1.95m tall, 16.8m wingspan.

Offline T'ghen

• Quiet & Intense
  • Do you have anything interesting to say?
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • black-weyrling.png
  • of Sinestath
  • Benden & Aivas
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2017, 09:50:10 PM »
T’vil is throwing to you.

//I know.// But T’ghen knew his dragon was saying so out of boredom rather than any real concern that he wasn’t paying attention. Sinestath was having trouble staying still, kneading the ground with his sharp claws out of some wish to participate. That this concerned his rider but not him, he resented in a vague way—not that he would say so to the Weyrlingmaster. But he wanted to be involved.

Calm, T’ghen watched the arc of the bag’s trajectory as it was thrown to him, and braced himself to catch it. It wobbled a bit in the air because of the slightly awkward throw, but it wasn’t as bad as it could have been; and more importantly, it didn’t fall short. When it reached him, he was able to catch it in the circle of his arms without having to step forward, pulling it to his chest to absorb the impact.

//There is a way you can participate. Who hasn’t gotten it yet?// He’d been keeping a list in his own head, tracing the path of the firestone from person to person. But T’ghen was hoping that giving Sinestath something more to focus on would ease the impatience he could feel radiating from the Black. //You can pick who I throw it too.//

Small concessions. That seemed to be the order of the day in getting along with the lanky dragon. As much as T’ghen didn’t like giving ground to anyone, it would make his life all the easier if Sinestath was on task and not being a pain in the ass.

Any of them. He quickly flipped through images of Araena, Saidra, and Ionei, one of their roommates. All fine choices as far as the Black was concerned, given that they were bonded to Reds. But ultimately, he settled on the girl with the Red whose hide was so pale she looked like the blossom of a flower. Her.

//Very well.//

“Saidra.” That was all the warning she would get, though he wasn’t needlessly cruel about the throw. Nor did he soften it, though. She’d have to learn to do this properly just like the rest of them.

Spoiler for OOC:

Sinestath | 5 Months Old | 12.39M Long | 3.115M Tall | 23.1M Wingspan

Offline Saidra

• Just arrived
    • View Profile

• She/Her
  • turns old
  • red-weyrling.png
  • of Oraenth
  • Chouki & Taro
  • Dragon
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2017, 03:04:06 PM »
Saidra didn't move as she heard W'um speak to them. She was concentrating on the other Weyrlings of her group and nothing else would break it. She kept her eyes on the sack and was ready when it came towards her. She grabbed it, and something in her right hand suddenly twinged badly, making her gasp in shock. She made a face of being pain and then shut it out of her mind as best as she could to pick who she would throw it to.

Mine! The Red cried out, feeling her bonded's pain.

Shut it! I didn't hear a loud snap or feel a break so I should be fine once this is over, love! Saidra immediately said to her lifemate. She hefted the weight of the sack in her left hand, checking the weight. She was sure she could throw it with her left, just not as good as with her right. Being right handed of course. She looked at the others. "Ya'lin!" She said and then hefted the sack and threw it as best she could to her roommate. She cradled her right hand to her chest. Thankfully, the pain had subsided somewhat since she wasn't trying to use it. It could keep until the lesson was over. She figured anyway.

Offline W'um

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2017, 10:02:54 PM »
W'um was paying attention rather intently to the lesson. After all, what else did he have to pay attention to? So once he was done with his little chastisement, and scanned through the faces of all to gauge their reactions, he was indeed back to watching the progress of the sack. Some seemed to be having a little more trouble than he had hoped for, and with his and Liramyth's collective memories, they were making note of all of those struggling, who might need a little extra muscle building exercises. Some would always naturally be skinny, but it was hard for any rider to get out of Weyrling training and simply not be in physical peak condition.

Saidra so far had been hyper-focused on the exercise, each time his gaze had run over her, it seemed that she wasn't taking her eye off the prize. There was something to be said for such attention to a potentially boring exercise. But apparently it didn't pay off quite so well, and he noticed the look of pain which spread across her face.

Instead of rushing directly to her aid, W'um stood and watched, waited to see what she would do, whether to start crying and wailing, or persevere through, or even, overcompensate and potentially injure herself even further. All were possibilities with such a young group all wanting to prove themselves.

When she had thrown the sack on, W'um slowly made his way around the circle to stand behind her, speaking softly to her, although not softly enough to hide it from those around her. He wasn't announcing it to everyone and pausing the game, just taking her moments reprieve to assess the situation.

"Does it hurt overly much? I'll leave this decision up to you. If you wish to go to the Healer's right now, please do. If you wish to continue, you can do that also." It was a test of her judgement, simple as that, if she stayed and suffered the injury for it, then obviously she needed to learn to pace herself, if she left and it wasn't that bad, then he needed to build up her confidence, either way, it was going to be a learning experience for them all.

@Dragon

W'um oversees the Weyrlings of 2590, click here to find any Weyrling info you need.

Offline Ya'lin

• Just arrived
    • View Profile
  • turns old
  • green-weyrling.png
  • of Faromith
  • NightMoon & Shadow Sun
  • Adoptable
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2017, 04:32:09 PM »
Ya'lin watched the bag as it was passed and when her roommate caught it but was hurt at the same time she was a bit worried. We will check on her after mine she tossed the bag to you. Ya'lin looked in time to catch the bag as her mind had been on her friend and she did not drop it, Looking around the ring she thought about who to toss it to she was not sure if she should toss it to another red rider, a black rider, or her own brother.

Toss where your heart tells you to toss mine. That is how you make friends.

Thank you Far I will.

Looking across the circle she tosses the bag into the air catching it before tossing it at T'vil. "T'vil to you." The small girl put some power behind her toss. It was not much power but it was enough to get the bag to where it needed to go.
Faromith is 4 months and is 6.12   Long, 1.224 Tall, & 11.1 Wingspan 10/2590

Offline Saidra

• Just arrived
    • View Profile

• She/Her
  • turns old
  • red-weyrling.png
  • of Oraenth
  • Chouki & Taro
  • Dragon
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2017, 12:38:54 PM »
She looked at W'um to try and see if he was testing her, but she couldn't read him. Some people were just easy to read and others weren't. "It does hurt, and for Oraenth's sake, I will go and see the Healers. Better to error on the side of caution. And I don't think Oraenth would like me to hurt it more if I stayed." She told him. Though she would wait for his permission to let her leave. She wouldn't just up and leave. This was a Lesson she was in the middle of. "With your permission, sir," she said.

Offline W'um

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2017, 08:38:12 PM »
He'd go talk to the healers later, see what the diagnosis was. "Of course. Do you need anyone to do with you?" W'um looked at her intently, checking her eyes and facial expression for any sign of dizziness. It seemed that she was okay, and so he wouldn't push it, turning away from her when she had made her decision, she could pick whomever she wished.

And the young black rider had the sack back. Most of the class seemed to have received the bag at least once now, so W'um was unsurprised that some were throwing for the second or third time now.

"Make sure you don't throw to the same person twice!" He reminded them of one of the few rules of the game. Just in case that their competitiveness or muscle strain was getting to them.

Offline Saidra

• Just arrived
    • View Profile

• She/Her
  • turns old
  • red-weyrling.png
  • of Oraenth
  • Chouki & Taro
  • Dragon
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2017, 08:52:43 PM »
Saidra nodded. "Yes, I would like Ya'lin to come with me. We are roommates and I would really appreciate her coming just in case I do get dizzy or something." She didn't want to take any chances. Oraenth would be in a tizzy if anything were to happen to her.

Yes, I would and I'd be grateful if Faromith's would go with you. Faromith's is an excellent choice.

Saidra turned and waited for her friend.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 08:54:36 PM by Saidra »

Offline Ya'lin

• Just arrived
    • View Profile
  • turns old
  • green-weyrling.png
  • of Faromith
  • NightMoon & Shadow Sun
  • Adoptable
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2017, 02:50:26 PM »
Ya'lin heard her name and turned to look at her roommate and friend she smiles and nods to W'um
"If Saidra wants me to go with her I will Sir. I will make sure she gets to the Healer area okay. Come on Faromith lets get Sairdra and Oraenth to the Healer area."

Oraenth is concerned for her rider I can tell. I think she likes that her rider choose us. We are friends so that is probably why they choose us as well.

Yes lovey lets get them where they need to go.

She walked with Saidra and all four left the area heading toward the Healer Area. Night flying ahead to lead the way.
Faromith is 4 months and is 6.12   Long, 1.224 Tall, & 11.1 Wingspan 10/2590

Offline T'vil

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2017, 11:30:56 AM »
T'vil caught the bag with ease this time, the toss not having as much behind it. He paused for a moment while Ya'lin, W'um, and Saidra began to talk, but realized that W'um hadn't motioned for them to stop. He turned his attention back to their group at large.

He couldn't throw it to T'ghen again, so he had to rest of their class to choose from.

Are you going to throw it? Findaeth asked. T'vil huffed, apparently being forced into a decision.

"T'vye!" he called, launching the firestone towards the bronze weyrling. Since he already had the bag in hand, he knew how to throw it this time. This second toss sailed through the air with more grace than the first, soaring in a position that T'vye could hopefully catch.
Lace's People || Lace's Plots || Lace's WIPs
---
Wanted Ads: Weyrling Family
---
Findaeth at 10.2590: 4 months old; 10.86m long, 1.95m tall, 16.8m wingspan.

Tags: open weyrlings 

OOC Recent

by Inki
[Today at 06:14:21 PM]

[Today at 05:31:09 PM]

by Kyya
[Today at 03:10:26 PM]

[Today at 12:06:13 PM]

[Today at 12:05:03 PM]

[Today at 08:03:03 AM]

[Today at 07:55:22 AM]

[Today at 04:32:11 AM]