Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Check out the Monthly Overview to see what's new on the forum!

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
8.2590 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every 4 or 5 OOC days. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Flits here, as well as whers.  There are Candidate events and classes and Crafter plots. A little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!

Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a colored name here.

Remember,
this holds no IC consequence and is only for fun.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Flight at Night [30.08.2590 11pm] Event  (Read 438 times)

Offline Zilanie

Flight at Night [30.08.2590 11pm] Event
« on: August 24, 2017, 04:20:30 AM »
 Zilanie sat in her weyr with Weskath who had been very prody for the past three days. The green was getting ready to fly and Zi knew it. She sat on her bed dressed in nothing but a night shirt that had been washed so many times it was now see though which made it good for these warm night. She had been waiting to wear it again when she had her own weyr and now she had one even though it was on the ground she would wear it again. She knew even though it was only 11 at night it was time she was getting ready for bed. Now remember when you fly no going towards the pens lovie. There are not enough heard beast on the island and we need them to give us milk. You also picked a nice night to fly my love the moons are full and the sky full of stars. Soon the first crack of heat lighting lit up the sky. At the sight Zi jump with that Wes jumped to the ledge.

Weskath looked at Zi with her eyes wherling purple with lust.  Flying is all I intend to do. Fly and not let anyone catch me. No one will touch me or you mine. The night it for me to Fly and to not be caught to let the stars twinkle off my skin as well as the moons. Lighting sends me on my way. With that Wes was off the ground and into the sky as another streak of Heat lighting lit up the sky and the green.

Zi knew that the dragon did not mean that but she also knew that to fly would mean intense heat in her body which was already starting as she walked to the ledge to watch her dragon in the night sky. Winds blowing around her. Wes flew to the few clouds and the stars it would be a nice night to fly as the moons where out and it glinted off her sea green hide. Making her shin even brighter than she was.
Come and fly in the night with me. Try to catch this shooting star.

Zi linked her mind with her dragon as she flew her dragon giving out the call to all the males. She laughed softly at what Wes said as it was true her dragon did look like a shooting star in the night sky as she wove her way in and out of the few clouds before her eyes got taken over with dragon sight and flight lust. 

Zi let the cool night breeze blow over her as it blew over Wes in the sky. The day had been hot and muggy which made both of them grouchy all day. They were both glad the night was slightly cooler for the maiden flight. Her dark hair flowed as the breeze blew it behind her. Her laughter filling the bowl at her dragon’s antics in the sky above the bowl.  Her eyes twinkled as she watched her dragon the stars in her eyes showing the love she had for her dragon and for the flight at hand. Even if Dragon lust overcame her which it would she at this point was more romance and love like her dragon than Lust that would be in them both as the day progressed careful up there lovie. No jungle and no beach.

I do not like either so do not worry mine. I will never go near those places even when I feel like this. Wes found an updraft and was high in the sky where a rider could not go soaring above the few clouds there where. She was happy up here and she loved it. She had let out her call to the males and hoped they would come even though she would stay above the weyr for them to try and catch her. She Sparkled and glowed in the Moons Light with stars glowing against her skin. Heat lighting lit up the sky and Wes as well. Making the Green even more bright though there was not a cloud in the sky.

I will fly though the sky like the Lighting. Come and catch me.

Spoiler for OOC:
The OOC check in for this event can be found here.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 05:34:40 PM by Zilanie »

Offline Y'tol

• Proud Jungle Bronzer
  • Let's go talk, in your Weyr, in your bedfurs
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • bronze-rider.png
  • of Bayorth
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
Re: Flight at Night [30.08.2590 11pm] Event
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 05:18:53 PM »
Y'tol wasn't usually one to get to bed before midnight, he had things to do, people to see and food to eat. Why would he go to sleep early and risk all that? Also, the bronzer didn't seem to need the 8 hours sleep that most crave, 5 or 6 was usually enough. And so, it was with a piece of driftwood in his hand, carving a new reminder for a tale, that Bayorth alerted him to the Green's call.

Weskath flies.

"Who on Pern is Weskath?" Y'tol asked puzzled across the Weyr to his bondmate. Not that it particularly mattered to Y'tol, and nor did he assume that Bayorth actually knew any more information, but Y'tol thought he might as well ask anyways.

A green.

The bronzer snorted as he stood, starting to pack his things away. Obviously Bayorth would want to chase. "Obviously it's a ruddy green, did you think I'm thick enough to think that blues are starting to strike your fancy now?" Bayorth didn't deign that quip with an answer.

Y'tol had met his fair share of greens, and he really did attempt to learn both rider and dragon's names, so he thought that this was a green Bayorth had probably never chased before. That left them with a slight dilemma, Y'tol didn't know the bonded, and Bayorth was going to be no help with remembering that information.

As he climbed up the bronze's side, Bayorth took them to the floor of the Weyrbowl. "Do you know where I'm supposed to be going perchance?" He asked, watching as a bolt of lightning flashed off in the distance, but without the accompanying crash of thunder. Evidently the storm was still far away.

She alighted from there. The bronze showed him a Weyrling's Weyr not far away, before taking off into the dark sky, following the dazzling green.

Y'tol poked his head into the Weyr, looking around for the Weyrling. Alas, he did not know her, but he was happy enough to start now.

I will chase you. Apparently the bronze wasn't feeling particularly eloquent tonight. Maybe it was the lack of sleep.

Spoiler for OOC:
So heat lighning doesn't have audible thunder, from my research, cause it's just from a storm far away. So that's what I'm going with.

Length 37.1m ~ Height 7.42m ~ Wingspan 61.5m

Offline Bl'yx

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 08:12:26 PM »
Bl’yx cast a knowing expression at his dragon when Zuraneth perked up on the ledge of their weyr, staring out into the night. At first his rider might have thought his attention was caught by the soundless lightning flashing in the sky, but the thrill of Flight Lust was enough to dispel that illusion. Zuraneth was a healthy Blue, and enjoyed Chasing any chance he got, but the ones that took place at night were his favorites.

A Green is rising, he purred, shifting in place as he flared and then refolded his wings. But I do not recognize her.

//Maybe a weyrling, then?// Zuraneth tended to remember the Greens that rose at night with any degree of regularity. Either way, it didn’t really matter to Bl’yx. He’d let his Blue chase, because he wasn’t about to deny him something that made him so happy. But regardless of whether or not he won, his dragon would still enjoy getting to cavort through the sky and show off just how like the stars and wings looked.

That there was also lightning, and Belior and Timor hanging bright over the Weyr, was just an added bonus.

Faytona was already dozing in their bed, arms wrapped around a pillow while Bl’yx had been oiling some dry spots on his leathers. Setting all of that aside now, he crossed to her and brushed his fingertips gently over her cheek, unable to help but smile at the way her eyelids fluttered and the quiet, questioning noise she made. “There’s a Green that Zuraneth wants to chase. I’ll be back soon.” He loved her all the more that, despite not being weyrfolk, this wasn’t something she held against him; instead, Faytona just smiled sleepily and wished him luck in a mumble as he leaned down to kiss her forehead.

//Do you know which weyr it is?// He certainly hoped so, as he climbed onto his dragon’s back. He’d hate to be wandering around the long, steep access tunnels in the hopes of finding the right one. Honestly, he’d be more likely to simply return to his, and crawl into bed with Faytona. He might earn some ire from other riders if Zuraneth won and he wasn’t present, but what did Bl’yx care? He didn’t know them.

I saw the one she left from. It’s down there. Zuraneth drew his rider’s attention to the ground weyr that the Green had left as he spiraled down to the Bowl to drop Bl’yx off.

//So definitely a weyrling, then.// Unless he missed his guess.

It seemed he was one of the first to arrive, which made Zuraneth all the more confident that he could catch her. Taking to the air again, he winged upward toward the stars and crooned at the shining Green. You’ve got good taste, choosing to fly on a night like this. Now you’ll need someone to share it with who can appreciate both.

All powerplay by P'run and Faytona is allowed. <3
Family Adoptables

Offline S'kelyn

• Surf's Up
    • View Profile

• He / Him
  • turns old
  • blue-rider.png
  • of Quaith
  • rubi
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 08:23:27 AM »
It was storming again, a rumbling grumbling beast further off in the archipelago but occasionally a bolt of lightning would crackle overhead. S’kelyn was already up in his weyr drifting off to sleep when Quaith was suddenly bolt upright, letting off a low whine.

// Shush. What is it? //

Quaith continued to whine, becoming a high pitched buzz. Weskath. She flies tonight.

// Who? //

A young green. Her first.

S’kelyn rolled over in the covers in an effort to ignore the event altogether. They needed to be awake in six hours.

Look! She rises! When S’kelyn did not respond, the blue resumed his highly agitated hum. He chittered as more dragons took to the sky. Bayorth, Zuraneth, they chase.

// Who? // repeated S’kelyn, earning a jab of annoyance from Quaith. He might not have known who Zuraneth was bonded to, but he knew Bayorth. Quaith was itching to test himself against the bronze, and apparently the other blue that were in hot pursuit.

It storms, I can catch her. Please, mine.

// Fine, go. //

Aren’t you coming?

S’kelyn sighed again and rolled over, throwing his legs over the side of the bed. He didn’t bother throwing on a shirt - not that he expected to lose any more clothing than he had. He also didn’t have the heart to say that to the blue.

// I’m coming, mine. //

Quaith all but tossed him off and S’kelyn stumbled when they reached the floor, drowzily looking around for where the weyr of the moment might be. At this hour, follow the glows. He half nodded at the weyrling and the two other riders as he hung around the entrance, seeing no real need to get much closer. He hid a yawn and ran a hand through his hair almost not caring about the overall disheveled ‘literally fell out of bed’ appearance he was sporting. It was a young green, hopefully it would be over soon.

The blue called his challenge as he took off with powerful wingbeats in pursuit of the rapidly disappearing green.  The storm chases us both, but we can be faster! Quaith quickly rose through the updrafts, fancying his chances even against another blue and a bronze. The storm was his element, and he could use the winds to his advantage, saving energy.

Offline H'vier

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 08:38:44 AM »
H'vier was a big fan of sleep, and whenever he could get longer than average sleeps, he did. This had been one of those days; he was able to go to bed by nine thirty, and so by the time Weskath's flight began, Jungle's new wingleader was completely unconscious.

This meant he was a little bitter and bitey when Kadoreth woke him up.

Which also wasn't uncommon, and Kadoreth should've known.

// What the ... you don't even like chasing greens that aren't in your wing, // H'vier pointed out weakly, yawning and pulling a pillow over his head. All he wanted to do was sleep. Stupid Kadoreth. Stupid weyrling greens who had no concept of it's the middle of the night.

She has never risen before. I have to test her.

// Seriously? //

Of course. When she is older, maybe she WILL be one of our greens, and then I have to know how good she is at flying, don't I? Bayorth is there. And the sky is beautiful tonight.

Of course a flight at night time would attract a dragon who liked flying around in the dark looking at stars anyway. That figured. H'vier didn't object to Kadoreth's hobbies, he just -- he wanted to be asleep. Every bit of him was radiating not wanting to be awake. Kadoreth pushed. H'vier rallied. Kadoreth won, and H'vier threw on a shirt (which he forgot to button) and loose pants and let his dragon dump him unceremoniously with the green's rider and her other chasers so he could set aloft, spreading his wings wide and catching a thermal.

Lovely night, lovely night for a flight, excellent choice, look at the way the sky lights up! ANd look how you light up, Weskath. Beautiful work.

Offline J'dan

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 08:08:29 PM »
It was getting late, pushing the time when J’dan would normally be asleep. He wasn’t now just because the threat of the storm. Between Thunder and Buzz, neither were allowing him proper rest. Thunder was wide awake, trilling with excitement while Buzz was quite the opposite – wanting nothing to do with it.

“Just heat lightning,” J’dan murmured, feet dangling off of his ledge as he watched. Not a true storm, mind. Just a reaction to the warmth that had settled over the island. He thought it was quite pretty. Shirtless, leaning back on his hands, he opted to enjoy the show before heading to bed himself. As a jungler, he’d have an early morning.

A Green rises, the Bronze remarked, shifting to stand as the call went out. Pulling to him.

J’dan made a face. This late? That was going to severely cut into his sleep…

It’d be nice to fly in the night sky, his dragon remarked, glancing down at him. Thunder trilled his agreement.

“Bah. Fine. But if either of us are tired tomorrow, I’ll have no one to blame but you,” he said even as he rolled to his feet. Buzz was quite unhappy as he was displaced and trilled as much, flapping haphazardly over to the bedfurs to hide from the heat lightening. J’dan climbed up on his dragon so he could be dropped off. Getting dressed at this point was moot, he could be dropped off in just his pants.

Brynioth thrummed his pleasure that they’d get to participate and landed near the ground weyr, just touching down long enough J’dan could slide off, before he was quickly air born. Quick and graceful for his color, he crooned to the green, Fly fast for me, pretty lady,

J’dan stretched and rolled his shoulders as he sauntered into the weyrling’s weyr, letting the thrill of it all start to burn through his veins. He supposed a fun romp would be a good way to end the day.

Length: 35M | Height: 6.5M | Wingspan: 56.5M

Offline Zilanie

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2017, 08:31:53 AM »
Zi let go of the dragon site long enough to acknowledge the first of the riders entering her weyr. She did not know all the rider but she would remember them after this. She could tell he was from Jungle wing as he was one of the one that stayed around the weyr. The next to show up was a Prairie Rider and she smiled to him, Next was someone from Beach wing and she was noticing that almost every wing had a rider here. When two more Jungle riders showed up she smiled again and acknowledged them. "Hello" Was all she said to everyone as she knew it was late and most of them where probably tired.

Wes on the other hand saw the Bronzes and Blues chancing her and danced in the stars. She dove down low towards the bowl only to catch an thermal draft with her wing to take her back up to the highest parts of the sky. She moved with ease in the different wind drafts that she caught going left and right as if dancing on ice but in the air. She did a loop in the air and also a spiral her wings catching a draft of air that took her up even higher than before.  Come and fly with me. Dance in the stars with me.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 08:35:25 AM by Zilanie »

Offline J'dan

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2017, 07:14:18 PM »
J’dan ceased to care, or even really see, those that filtered into the weyr. They’d only matter to him if he lost. Then he’d scope out his options before hobbling off to his bedfurs. The thought that he’d end up alone didn’t even occur to him. Of course he wouldn’t. He was a Jungle Bronzer.

Even if he didn’t win. Psht. He’d snag up some other pretty.

Brynioth, however, had his eye on a pretty Green prize. He did want to win. The chance of ending up on a ledge, hot blooded but a loser, was not a way he wanted to end the day. He twisted and chased after Weskath, thrumming with the sing of lust in his own veins. Fly high for me, he crooned, drawing even more air into his large wings. Rather, large by comparison to his prey. Hopefully he’d be able to out fly his competition tonight – of which he really only saw Bayorth as a problem. Were she a force catch, at least.

Length: 35M | Height: 6.5M | Wingspan: 56.5M

Offline Y'tol

• Proud Jungle Bronzer
  • Let's go talk, in your Weyr, in your bedfurs
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • bronze-rider.png
  • of Bayorth
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2017, 07:25:45 PM »
Bayorth barely acknowledged the other arrivals, too consumed in his own performance impressing the pretty young green in front of him to really take time to worry about his competitors... for now. But he at least recognised who some of them were and locked that away. Kadoreth, he could be a formidable opponent... for a different bronze... but was no challenge for him of course. Some blues with Bayorth didn't even waste his time looking over more than once, and Brynioth. Young, and therefore not even close to be a competitor in this race.

If he cared, he could acknowledge that both Brynioth and Kadoreth were firm and steadfast fellow wingriders, but in this case, they were only competition that he had to crush.

The bronze didn't respond to her call for a dance with anything other than a steady pumping of his wings to follow her as she spiralled upwards. The draft wasn't strong enough to carry the larger of her chasers up in a similar fashion, but they were bigger, much bigger than she was, and could cover the distance quickly.

Y'tol grinned at J'dan when he arrived, an acknowledgement of his casual approach to such flights. Even if Bayorth was so intent on winning, it didn't mean that Y'tol was going to get all flustered about it. Weyrling flights were always strange, short, usually a little too flashy, and besides, Y'tol would find a woman to tumble with even if Bayorth didn't.

H'vier received a nod, after all, he was their Wingleader now, and it was only respectful to do so. The others received equally vague acknowledgements, considering he wasn't particularly familiar with any of the rest.

Length 37.1m ~ Height 7.42m ~ Wingspan 61.5m

Offline Bl'yx

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2017, 10:15:34 AM »
To her credit, the Green’s rider—if she was indeed a weyrling as he suspected—didn’t seem nervous. Bl’yx wasn’t completely sure that this was her dragon’s first Flight, but he’d had classmates in the past who were anxious for the first few, rather than just the initial one. All the better for her, then; ideally that would prevent any potential awkwardness for whoever won the Flight.

He returned her smile briefly, but didn’t speak, and barely acknowledge the other riders that gathered while their dragons chased the Green. None were people he recognized from his own Wing, So Bl’yx didn’t feel obligated to greet them. If anything, it could be chalked up to the effects of Flight Lust as his dark-hided Blue rose toward the stars in the wake of Weskath’s dip and then ascension toward Pern’s moons.

Belior and Timor suit you, Zuraneth crooned, flaring his wings to catch the wind currents that Weskath herself followed, and chase her close. He was determined that no one, even the Bronzes present, would outdo him this time. You’re just as pale and beautiful.

He didn’t know if words would help win her, but he would try—that, and twisting and turning in the air just as she was, showing off his own nimble acrobatics as he followed in her wake.

All powerplay by P'run and Faytona is allowed. <3
Family Adoptables

Offline S'kelyn

• Surf's Up
    • View Profile

• He / Him
  • turns old
  • blue-rider.png
  • of Quaith
  • rubi
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2017, 09:30:08 PM »
The sky soon seemed to fill with bronzes, filling the air with deep thrumming wingbeats. Quaith barely beat his at all, taking full advantage of the heated air to carry him high and fast. He’d need his energy for the chase.

A dance is what you want? Then you shall have it! he declared, watching carefully as she dove steep towards the ground and the bronzes followed her, Hunters intent on their prey. Quaith hung back a little, flipping and turning around the pursuing group so he might catch up, and fly a little closer on the ascent again. He was under no illusions that she would not come back up again, not so soon. Pulling his wings close to his body, he allowed the momentum to carry him up for a breath, making a wild spiralling turn to bring him around the throng and closer to the exalting green.

Yes! Higher! exclaimed, following her up, willing his wings to find more purchase in the air, to push him ahead.

S’kelyn was less impressed with the blue’s antics, but begrudgingly smiled to himself, still standing further off. There was little chance of Quaith winning, if past performance was anything to go by. A more pressing matter would be what happened after, as the blue was prone to melancholy and may not come back to collect him for some time. He might need to find somewhere else to sleep for that express purpose, or he’d be a wreck come morning. The thought made him chuckle, sharing someone’s bed and immediately passing out. And he sometimes wondered why he had no weyrmate.

Offline Zilanie

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 02:07:43 PM »
Weskath flew as if she was flying to one of the two moons and then turned she looked back at the ones chasing her the moon shining off her hide as she dove threw the males with in inches of them. She was not going to let a one catch her and her stamina was holding out longer than most her age. She knew she probably threw off the males as she dived into their mist. She then flew towards the stars again and away from the males.

Catch me if you can. I am like the Stars and shoot into the night. The moons shine on my hide"    

Zila looked at the sky as lighting flashed and the moons shown she knew that soon it would rain and maybe her dragon would slow but for now her Dragon was having fun taunting the males in the sky. Zila smiled and her smile was soft and sensual as her dragons dance in the sky.

Weskath turned again and flew straight towards the males again this time she was slowing down as she was finally getting tired of all the flying she went right into the males and was close to a few of them but only one would catch her.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Well Randomizer picked the winner I pmed them to post the win but everyone else can still post as well.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 02:31:05 PM by Zilanie »

OOC Recent

[Today at 04:08:54 AM]

[October 18, 2017, 08:22:37 PM]

by Kyya
[October 18, 2017, 12:53:41 AM]

by Kyya
[October 18, 2017, 12:42:39 AM]

[October 16, 2017, 08:07:30 PM]

[October 16, 2017, 01:19:00 PM]

[October 16, 2017, 11:59:48 AM]

[October 16, 2017, 11:47:13 AM]

[October 15, 2017, 06:37:34 PM]

[October 15, 2017, 04:23:28 PM]

[October 15, 2017, 11:53:01 AM]

[October 15, 2017, 11:34:49 AM]

[October 15, 2017, 11:14:03 AM]

[October 15, 2017, 10:45:27 AM]

by Inki
[October 15, 2017, 02:08:55 AM]

Open Threads

If you have any open threads that aren't listed, let us know.
In-Depth Character Prompts - For SOLO Threads

Don'tcha Just Hate It When... - 21.06.2589 x Seaphonellqua

Just Teasing - 01.09.2589 x Nishi

Death by Boredom - 32.10.2589 x Callista

Klah and Long Nights - 23.01.2590 x Isotarïne

In the Radiant Sun - 15.03.2590 x T'lor

Three Cheers to Sweet Isolation - 17.03.2590 x Penderton

Napping on a Wher - 18.03.2590 x Sarinea

Coryza - 20.03.2590 x Vanelwynne

Now It's a Party! - 07.04.2590 x B'lye

Dragon's Dance - 08.05.2590 x Bekareni

Evening Showers - 11.05.2590 x K'ran