Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Check out the Monthly Overview to see what's new on the forum!

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
8.2590 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every 4 or 5 OOC days. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Flits here, as well as whers.  There are Candidate events and classes and Crafter plots. A little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!

Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a colored name here.

Remember,
this holds no IC consequence and is only for fun.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: To Dance in the Rain [23.08.2590, Noon] Open  (Read 424 times)

Offline Isalia

• Just arrived
    • View Profile
  • turns old
  • candidate.png
  • Bonded to one firelizard(s)
  • LilGold,Lazywing
  • CatTiff
  • Green Weyrling Nalise, Black WeyrlingM'lan, Green Weylring Zilanie, Wher HealerRaindon
To Dance in the Rain [23.08.2590, Noon] Open
« on: August 25, 2017, 05:33:44 PM »
Isalia had been bored staying inside so she looked outside and into the Bowl it was raining and not just any rain it was a downpour like the day she had helped with the heard beast. She had to laugh as she watched it come down before stepping a bare foot out into the rain. She was wearing one of her light weight dresses that was the color of the sunset. Her dark hair was loose so the rain plastered it to her head and face. Lil chirped at the girl and flew in the rain dancing her own dance. Lazy on the other hand just curled up where it was dry and he could sleep.

Isa laughed at the Brown and smiled. “Silly Lazy it is a good day to dance in the Rain.” Lil agreed and chirped to the Brown who just looked and ignored them both. At that Isa laughed more and started to sing a song as she moved to her own music and the rhythm the rain made. She danced bare foot over the grass and in to puddles that the rain made. It was going to be a fun lazy day for her and she would have her fun playing and dancing in the rain.

Turning her face to the rain she let it fall on her face and turned in a circle before she danced off as if with an imaginary dance partner. If she ever failed to be a rider her calling as a Harper would be there. She kept up on her studies and made up her songs as with the one she was singing at this moment while she danced. Arms moving in a fluid motion. Her feet moved across the ground in soft and flowing steps. No one knew she danced and with the weather the way it is she did not think anyone would see her.

She paid no mind to the flashes of lighting or thunder as she danced across the grass and though puddles. She was in her own world and that was where she preferred to be not with people she did not know and that more than likely did not really care for her. She was happy here and to dance took her to that world and the rain helped because it made sure no one would be out to watch. Lil loved to dance in the rain as well. This was fun and so relaxing.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 05:43:50 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline R'eso

• There's always a second chance...
    • View Profile
  • turns old
  • bronze-weyrling.png
  • of Zaerath
  • Bonded to two firelizard(s)
  • Pontil Prism
  • Dragon
Re: To Dance in the Rain [23.08.2590, Noon] Open
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 10:16:27 AM »
R'eso had been wondering around the area. He didn't much mind the rain but he kept an eye on the lightning though. He was glad to have a break from training for a day at least, since it was the rainy season for them all. No sense in having any of the riders catch a chill. He didn't mind so much but he also had warm furrs back in his room in the Weyrling Barracks.

He suddenly saw movement to his left and stopped to watch someone moving like they were dancing. He was mesmerized as he realized it was one of the female Candidates, Isalia, he thought her name was. He smiled as she danced. "Your going to catch a chill out here, Isalia!" R'eso called to her as he moved closer. "Are you a harper by trade?" He asked, curious.

Offline Isalia

• Just arrived
    • View Profile
  • turns old
  • candidate.png
  • LilGold,Lazywing
  • CatTiff
  • Green Weyrling Nalise, Black WeyrlingM'lan, Green Weylring Zilanie, Wher HealerRaindon
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 07:00:41 PM »
Isalia was startled as someone spoke and looking up sees R'eso. Smiling she remembers him from when she had been on the sands and he had impressed his bronze. "I will not and Yes I was before I was searched." She then reaches out a hand and pulled him into the rain and laughed softly "Dance with me R'eso". She started to sing and took his hands to dance with her. She did not know if he would or not but if he did it would be fun. She wondered if he noticed she was bare foot then again she was always bare foot on the island. It was like she hated shoes. The only time she wore them was when she rode a dragon. She was having fun and wanted R'eso to have fun as well.

Offline R'eso

• View Profile
  • turns old
  • bronze-weyrling.png
  • of Zaerath
  • Pontil Prism
  • Dragon
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 06:19:00 PM »
R'eso was about to respond to her comment when she suddenly reached out and pulled him out into the rain, asking him to dance with her. And then she started singing. That was it. He was done for! He couldn't help the smile that came to his face and the laughter he felt bubble up inside of him and then spilled past his lips. He shook his head in disbelief. "I think we both might catch a cold doing this, but this is rather fun and exciting!" He told her as he matched her movements and rhythm. "Do you do this often, Isalia?"

Offline Isalia

• Just arrived
    • View Profile
  • turns old
  • candidate.png
  • LilGold,Lazywing
  • CatTiff
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 06:51:43 PM »
Isa was happy when he joined her in the dance and she smiled at him. He asked her a question as she stopped singing for a moment. "When I have time to and it is a day like this. I have not gotten sick yet. It is fun to dance in the rain. Even Lil likes it." As she spoke the Young Gold flew in a pattern in the rain that looked like dancing. "I know your a Weyrling still. How long till you Graduate?" She wondered if he knew as she danced to the rhythm of the rain on the rocks and the ground.

She was happy to be out of chores and even happier to be sharing this with someone. Even if he was someone she had only known a short while before he had impressed. He seemed nice and she liked nice people. He was also worried about her health which she was grateful for.

Offline R'eso

• View Profile
  • turns old
  • bronze-weyrling.png
  • of Zaerath
  • Pontil Prism
  • Dragon
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 12:21:15 PM »
He shook his head at her explanation to his question. "Well, I'm glad you haven't gotten sick yet! I have never done this before so I hope I don't get sick." He grinned at her. It felt good to be having fun with someone again. He could feel the weight of his grief and pain lifting off his shoulders. He would have to try this more often. It made him feel good.

It does you good to mingle with others. His bronze interjected into his mind.

Yes, it sure does. He turned his attention back to Isalia. "I think we have a few more months. Not exactly sure," he replied. "Your a Candidate. Are you anxious to impress?" He asked her.

Offline Isalia

• Just arrived
    • View Profile
  • turns old
  • candidate.png
  • LilGold,Lazywing
  • CatTiff
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 04:27:20 PM »
Isa laughted as she danced with R'eso and smiled "That is good. I can't wait to get my dragon. I hope He or she will love to dance in the rain just as I do and will be a great friend." She was right though she wanted a friend to be able to do many things with and even though she had her flits she wanted a dragon as well. She had loved her fathers dragons and her mothers what she heard of her and knew of her.

Offline R'eso

• View Profile
  • turns old
  • bronze-weyrling.png
  • of Zaerath
  • Pontil Prism
  • Dragon
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 05:57:20 PM »
He smiled at her. "Well, I think you will impress. Only Faranth knows to what color though," he said thoughtfully. "What color do you think will suite you?" He asked her. He thought that any color would be good to have her. She seemed like a friendly, bright young lady. It would be a shame if she didn't impress, he thought she had such potential as a Rider. "I wasn't sure what I would impress, until Zaerath hatched. It was a shock for me, but that wore off and then reality set in." He rolled his eyes. "There isn't anything I would want to change. Except for what happened to my wife, but since impressing to Zaerath everything is changing. I am hoping it will keep being a good change. What about you? Any good changes?"

Offline Isalia

• Just arrived
    • View Profile
  • turns old
  • candidate.png
  • LilGold,Lazywing
  • CatTiff
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 01:33:56 PM »
Isa looks at R'eso and smiles "I hope I do. I would love to get a Green or even a Blue as they are smaller though a Green is what my mother flew. I would love the same color as my mother. In all the years I got two firelizards one from one of my two dads and the other at a hatching that we just had not that long ago. My gold Lil there might fly soon I think. I am not sure. My mom died when I was young as well as my two brothers so my dad raised me and then found new love with another and he helped to raise me. I do not think they like that I am a candidate but I love it." She did not ask about his wife as she probably died to thread or even child birth she had heard of women dying of childbirth.

"Your glad to have Zaerath that is good. He will be your best friend in the whole world."

Offline R'eso

• View Profile
  • turns old
  • bronze-weyrling.png
  • of Zaerath
  • Pontil Prism
  • Dragon
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 10:19:20 PM »
He smiled. "Any dragonet would be lucky to have you as their lifemate! You are so full of life and fun. I can't see any dragonet not being happy with you," he told her as he whirled her around as the rain fell on them and around. The lightning flashing in the sky gave them light to see as they danced. "I'm sorry about your mom, you must miss her. I'm glad you had your father. Most don't have any parent, due to Threadfall before the Interval started," he replied to her words about her parents.

"Yes, he is my best friend. The only best friend I have since impressing him," he told her smiling. "Even if he might get me into trouble now and again."

Offline Isalia

• Just arrived
    • View Profile
  • turns old
  • candidate.png
  • LilGold,Lazywing
  • CatTiff
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 04:05:20 PM »
Isa looks at him and nods her heart pounding. Was she falling in for him. That would be interesting if she was falling for R'eso then again he was the first one she had shared her love of dancing in the rain with. "Why does he get you in trouble? Is it because he does not like the Blacks?"

She looked into his eyes then looked down to her feet a blush creeping into her cheeks. She also bit her bottom lip as she looked down she was starting to fall for him but knew he needed to guard his feelings as he was still far from graduating from weyrling hood.

OOC Recent

[Today at 04:08:54 AM]

[October 18, 2017, 08:22:37 PM]

by Kyya
[October 18, 2017, 12:53:41 AM]

by Kyya
[October 18, 2017, 12:42:39 AM]

[October 16, 2017, 08:07:30 PM]

[October 16, 2017, 01:19:00 PM]

[October 16, 2017, 11:59:48 AM]

[October 16, 2017, 11:47:13 AM]

[October 15, 2017, 06:37:34 PM]

[October 15, 2017, 04:23:28 PM]

[October 15, 2017, 11:53:01 AM]

[October 15, 2017, 11:34:49 AM]

[October 15, 2017, 11:14:03 AM]

[October 15, 2017, 10:45:27 AM]

by Inki
[October 15, 2017, 02:08:55 AM]

Open Threads

If you have any open threads that aren't listed, let us know.
In-Depth Character Prompts - For SOLO Threads

Don'tcha Just Hate It When... - 21.06.2589 x Seaphonellqua

Just Teasing - 01.09.2589 x Nishi

Death by Boredom - 32.10.2589 x Callista

Klah and Long Nights - 23.01.2590 x Isotarïne

In the Radiant Sun - 15.03.2590 x T'lor

Three Cheers to Sweet Isolation - 17.03.2590 x Penderton

Napping on a Wher - 18.03.2590 x Sarinea

Coryza - 20.03.2590 x Vanelwynne

Now It's a Party! - 07.04.2590 x B'lye

Dragon's Dance - 08.05.2590 x Bekareni

Evening Showers - 11.05.2590 x K'ran