Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Most of the site is visible to guests, though we do have a Member's Only forum and an IC Cbox that becomes available once you join!

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
1.2591 0A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every 4 or 5 OOC days. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Flits here, as well as whers.  There are Candidate events and classes and Crafter plots. A little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!

Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a colored name here.

Remember,
this holds no IC consequence and is only for fun.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Who Doesn’t Want a Surprise Flit? [ 27.9.2590; 8 PM ] || Some Weyrlings  (Read 1189 times)

Offline A'lori

• Bonded to a Sweet Green
  • Only you can hear me, Summoner
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • green-weyrling.png
  • of Queriluth
  • Bonded to four firelizard(s)
  • Vanity, Guard, Poppet, Spindle
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
A’lori, I think these are starting to hatch.

Of all the sentences to draw his attention quickly and irrevocably, that was quite a suitable one. From where he’d been sitting on the floor of the room, oiling Queriluth’s riding straps, A’lori looked up in surprise the same moment that Vanity, Guard, Poppet, and Spindle all started humming. It was a weird echo of the louder, more rumbling thrumming of dragons prior to a Hatching, and it was definitely a sign of exactly what his Green had suspected. “Already?!”

Evidently. Then, more curiously, even a little suspiciously, Queriluth ventured, What are you going to do with them?

//I don’t know…// He’d gotten exactly half of them sent away to good homes since they’d been laid, but time always seemed to fly. With weyrling training getting more complex every day, it seemed, A’lori supposed his entire focus hadn’t been on getting rid of Vanity’s clutch. A fact which he immediately felt bad for; he could hardly bond to so many flits himself, and though the flits could survive without people taking care of them unlike dragons, letting them become wild seemed fraught with danger in the kind of world they lived in. Who would tend to them? Who would make sure they were fed?

He was on his feet before he really realized what he was doing, setting aside both Queriluth’s straps and the rag and oil he’d been using them to tend them. //I need you to keep an eye on them for me, Queriluth. I’ll have to get some meat from the kitchens…// A plan was already forming in his head, but the few bits of dried wherry and fish he kept for his own faire would hardly be enough for eight ravenous hatchlings. //Will you tell me if any of them hatch while I’m gone? I shouldn’t be long.//

Of course, my A’lori. The Green might not like Vanity herself, but she held no ill will for the babies. Eyes whirling a tranquil blue that was starting to pick up a more turquoise hue with her unspoken excitement, she shifted on her couch to get a better look at the sand-filled pot where Vanity’s eggs were nestled.

//Thank you!//

He’d been worried there might not be much food to spare for a flit clutch, but when A’lori darted off to the kitchens and explained himself, one of the kitchen staff thrust a wooden bowl at him filled with scraps from the day’s dinner—the sort of bits and gristle that were left over from butchering the meat and cleaning it for human consumption. “Just bring the bowl back,” she’d said with a smile. “And good luck.”

Those paying attention might have been perplexed to see him come and go out of the barracks so quickly. But as he arrived back at his and A’tor’s room, A’lori quickly scooped up the pot Vanity had been brooding over for the last two months. “Sorry, girl,” he murmured when she chirped at him questioningly. “I’m doing what I think is best.”

It was something he could easily get in trouble for, A’lori suspected, causing a commotion in the Weyrling Barracks. But as close as his class was to getting their own ground weyrs, he hoped it wouldn’t reflect on him too badly… And perhaps it would be an appropriate last celebration of sorts for himself and the other weyrlings soon making that transition.

Stepping out into the common area, he set both the pot and the bowl of meat on the table, his four flits arranging themselves around it after tailing him out of the room. Picking up an egg at random from out of the sand, A’lori could feel it starting to crack under his fingers. So it was with no warning that he simply stepped over to one of his classmates, took their hand, and set the egg in their palm.

“There’s meat on the table,” he said with a grin, and then was gone just as quickly to retrieve two more eggs.

Quite literally pressing the things on people wasn’t exactly his idea of how eggs should be handed out, but what else was he to do?

Spoiler for OOC:
Sorry for the delay! The flits are done, so here we are. :3 Here’s a link to the OOC thread again just for good measure.

I left A’lori’s first “victim” vague for whoever happens to post first. Live your dreams. I’m also not opposed to any of the WLMs making an appearance for funsies. *finger guns*

@Drewliet @Inki @Kyya @RaynePOTM @CatTiff @Dashin @Aster

Queriluth | 15 Months Old | 17.85M Long | 2.975M Tall | 29.75M Wingspan
Family Adoptables

Offline H'riel

H'riel didn't quite understand nuance, and it was hard for him to gain a proper grasp on concepts when people insisted on just explaining things to him. It was probably one of the things that drew him to Nishi. The greenrider didn't explain everything to him. If she wanted him to do something, or go with her somewhere. She just told him so. He'd figure out the why's when they got there. It was always a pleasant experience not having to muddle his way through metaphors and constant attempts at rewording those metaphors to try and get the explanation to sink in.

So when Nishi invaded his weyr to tell him they were going to the weyrling barracks for "some fun" he didn't question her logic. It was a common enough occurrence that he did actually enjoy going along with, since he got to spend time with someone he trusted enough to call a friend, and he would always end up better versed in something by the end of it. With his recent acquisitions a the makeshift gather, he even had enough materials to summarise this particular outing once he was returned back to his weyr.

Which is how he found himself in the common room at the weyrling barracks looking in puzzlement at the new faces that had arrived since he left for their ground weyrs while Nishi sauntered about trying to locate one of the newer Bronze Weyrlings from Kalestath's clutch earlier this year.

He was paying more attention to the greenrider than anything else, her head bobbing and weaving around the common room and easily identified by the way she'd managed to gather all of it together to pull into a ponytail just behind one of her ears, instead of in the middle of her head like he'd seen most people do. It suited her, f he were honest with himself… But he could never fathom why she did it… and had long since stopped asking how she managed to come up with new styles every day. One would think that a simple comb would more than suffice, but it wasn't exactly Nishi's way.

Focused as he was on sticking close to her, he hadn't noticed A'lori's approach until far too late, when a small, moving object was forced into his hands and the grinning weyrling gave him the location of meat before disappearing. Giving him no chance to protest, and no-one close enough to allow him to palm the object off in much the same way.

No need to panic, H'riel. It is just an egg. Dwalath hummed softly, H'riel's rising concern drawing him away from his idle observation of the various dragons in the weyrbowl to identify the object of his bonded's confusion. There was the faintest hint of curiosity in the dragon's tone, but it was fleeting, and the moment H'riel calmed, Dwalath's attention waned. It was present still, there was no doubt about that. But there were more interesting things to be paying attention to than the tiny creature that was trying to escape it's egg.

"Nishi!?" H'riel called instead, looking around to try and identify the other weyrling. She'd know what he needed to do. She always knew what to do. "Winging it" just wasn't the brownrider's way.

Instructions, however, he could follow.

So with one more call for his friend, he moved over to the table. There was meat there, the other weyrling had said. Meat. On the table. And an egg in his hands. He could handle that. Bring the egg to the table. In the meat? No. No. That couldn't be right.

Go to the table. Hold the egg. Watch the meat. Wait for Nishi. That'd do. He could do that. Thankfully his reaction to the egg's movements was to simply hold it closer to him than just drop it. That was a nice thing to learn about himself. He didn't drop things that squirmed. That would come in handy one day, right? He'd have to remember to write all this down when he was done.

Spoiler for tags:

Offline Q'ellan

• The Quiet One
  • Ah, what a lovely shade of grey you're wearing
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • red-weyrling.png
  • of Ooromoth
  • Bonded to one firelizard(s)
  • Void
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
Q'ellan could be the single-minded sort when he chose to it was just... unusual living in the Weyrling barracks where there were all sorts of curious and wonderful things going on. But tonight had been going to be one of those single-minded nights. He needed to study, work on his letters, his spelling. With all the others things that had been thrust upon him in the last few months, trying to better himself and work on his education had simply... fallen to the wayside. But he'd sworn it wouldn't last long, by the time he had graduated from Weyrling training he wanted no one to be able to know the difference. To know that he had begun to learn to read and write when some were becoming prodigys and poets.

Regardless, he'd settled down with a slate to work for the night, his cheat sheet on hand to check his work when he was done. But his curious mind was distracted when there seemed to be a bit of commotion going on across the other side of the room. There were some Weyrlings with Golds and he'd seen the green Weyrling A'lori over the time he'd been in the barracks, attempting to distribute his firelizards clutch of eggs. From what Q had been able to observe it hadn't gone badly...

But it seemed it hadn't gone as well as it should've and he heard the tip tapping of claw against shell.

'Ro...? Ooromoth? He tried to gently as possible wake his Red from his slumber by his feet. Ooromoth had been watching the goings on of the common room when Q'ellan had felt him slip off into a light sleep.

..... Yes?

What would you-

That's a firelizard hatching. You should go get one. I'd like one. They seem cute. Maybe it could help you out. And the Red was on his feet, standing beside Q'ellan's chair and waiting expectantly. A wave of genuine excitement spread through their bond, but Q didn't approach just yet. Did he even want one? Would it be useful? He was already slacking off on his letters, having another small creature to have to look after would surely just use up whatever previous time he had left.

Q'ellan must a hand up to stop Ooromoth and his nuzzling at his leg and the Red sat up straight with a strangely uncharacteristic burst of anger.

Don't ignore me. I said I think a firelizard would be a good companion for us. And as quickly as it appeared, the anger was gone again, with a little bit of sadness, fear and confusion thrown in there and a soft, Sorry...

It was... strange. It always would be strange feeling so right with Ooromoth, but his quick and untempered emotions were definitely something to get used to.  Q'ellan's resolve softened, and he stood. Come help me pick out the best egg?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 09:29:54 PM by Q'ellan »

Ooromoth ~ 34.06.2590 ~ Length 4.2m ~ Height 0.8m ~ Wingspan 7.8m

Offline Nishi

Graduation was so close she would almost taste it, which was an exhilarating but painfully annoying feeling of simply waiting. Nishi didn’t really like waiting, she had stuff to do, people to see and goals to meet. She’d already had her first flight and she thought it went splendidly, even if K’zaya was pretending she fell over. Which totally didn’t happen. It didn’t. Nope. Xasheyth’s flight meant she was pretty much a full rider anyway, she just couldn’t say she was.

~I don’t think we really need to wait for a ceremony, we should just be considered riders already,~ she thought in private to Xasheyth, her chin raised in false aloofment as she fixed her outfit and sauntered into the next door weyr.

And take away everyone’s opportunity to celebrate our achievements? How cruel.

Pausing in front of the dividing curtain, Nishi tilted her head as she thought about it for a moment. ~Of course, you’re right. We’ll have to wait for the celebration, for the greater good of the Weyr and all.~

Absolutely, said the shining Green, eyes whirling with amusement, that couldn’t be seen, but was definitely felt by the young Nishi as she walked into H’riel and Dwalath’s weyr. Once upon a time she would have knocked, but it was more in Nishi’s nature to invade someone’s space once they made the mistake of being too friendly. It only took a couple of months since they became neighbours for Nishi to consider H’riel and Dwalath her Browns, and therefore, their weyr was hers too. Now that he’d won her flight, there’d be no escape.

Hopefully he didn’t want one? Nishi tended not to explain things to him, which she’d noticed others do. But he didn’t need the explanation? He was smart enough to figure it out, he just needed time, and he’d never seemed offended by it? And she supposed she was also very physical with H’riel, well… as much as a weyrling could be without getting into trouble… but he hadn’t seemed offended by that either? It was just that she knew it annoyed others, so sometimes she second guessed. At least she didn’t go about messing up his room or anything, that would have annoyed her to no end, she’d never do that to him. Not that there was any point thinking about it, it would only make her nervous and unless he called her out on it there was no point in changing now.

“H’riel, we’re going to have some fun down at the weyrling barracks, let’s go!”

Really, Nishi wanted to go down to twist some annoying Bronzeweyrling, who might be her half-brother, ‘s ear until he congratulated her on her flight. Someone obviously had to teach him some manners… and rub it in a little because he did impress a Bronze when she’d wanted a Queen… but mostly it was about manners.

If she couldn’t find him, the crush of new faces from Oriath’s most recent clutch would be a welcome substitute. New clutches meant new friends, and no mutations! Plus, she felt a kindred spirit with other Oriath weyrlings, it was something about the whole feel of the clutches that was different to Kalestath’s uproar and Imyth’s… well… there wasn’t a polite term she could think of to describe Imyth and Eimerra since the Rider/Holder brawl and the unfortunate amount of Betweens in her last clutch.

Waltzing in to the common area, pushing her back painfully straight as she tried to make herself as tall as possible to see around the room, she too, didn’t notice A’lori at first. So intent she was on finding T’vye, since she’d spotted the Brownweyrling she knew he shared a room with, she only realised H’riel was no longer with her when he called out her name. Swinging around, his voice further away from her than she’d expected, she spotted him moving away from her, looking down at something in his hands.

Frowning slightly, she flounced over to him, hands tucked behind her back. She was practically at his shoulder before she saw the steadily shaking egg in his hands. It was a pale, almost lavender in colour. Speckled a little, but it looked… soft… above all it looked soft. Hands flying to cover her mouth she gave a soft squeal of excitement before looking around to find where he got it from. She saw A’lori hovering over a collection of them sitting in a pot, and jumped in place a little before looking back at H’riel.

“Aww! It’s so cute,” she spoke softly and her hands moved to clutch H’riel’s arm, stopping her bouncing so that she wouldn’t jostle him. “Where’s the meat? You’ll need something to feed it once it hatches. Wait!” The Greenrider spoke abruptly, before H’riel really had a chance to point out the meat bowl to her, “before it peaks out, what colour do you want it to be? Wait, never mind, that’s silly, it’s too late now, it’s already yours.” She waved a hand in dismissal before turning to A’lori, the other still clutching the Brownrider’s arm.

“A’lori you’re a love. Although I’m very offended you gave H’riel an egg before me, I thought we were friends? Aren’t Greenriders supposed to stick together?” She said with a huge smile and a wink.

Her first flitter hatching! How exciting!

Spoiler for Hidden:
Green Xasheyth
22.8m Long| 5m Tall| 40.02m Wings
Will be graduating in the tenth month of 2590.

Offline A'lori

• View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • green-weyrling.png
  • of Queriluth
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
//That certainly didn’t take long…// A’lori rounded on Nishi with a flit egg in each hand when he heard her voice, returning her smile just as brilliantly. Her sweet friend seemed a little shaken, which A’lori supposed he couldn’t blame him for. Having a hatching flit egg forced upon him was probably the last thing that he’d expected that evening—so the Green rider offered him an apologetic, albeit brief smile.

And to Nishi, he looked suitably chagrined. “I’m sorry, truly,” he said, trying very hard not to just grin in response since he knew she was teasing. “Can I make it up to you with an egg? Perhaps this one?” One of the ones he’d chosen was a personal favorite of his, a pale pink like a delicate flower that he held out to the other Green weyrling carefully. “Seems like the sort of thing you might like?” Unless he missed his guess, but he didn’t think he had. “Although you can have any of the eggs you want so long as you take one off of my hands.”

He made a show of looking over H’riel then, though, and added teasingly, “Maybe I can interest you or your friend here in bonding to a second one as well?” The faster he could find them homes, he supposed, would be the better. Less chance for the Weyrlingmasters to descend on him for making a ruckus, and less chance that one of the babies might end up hatching without someone to bond to.

And as he saw another weyrling approach—this one tailed by a small but pretty Red—A’lori smiled at him too. “I hope you’re coming over here to get an egg, because I might not let you leave without one.”

While they were talking, the egg in H’riel’s hands wasn’t about to wait patiently. The delicate, nearly lavender shell that Nishi had been admiring was swiftly cracking, flaking away into little bits as the firelizard inside pushed their way out. Soon enough, squirming against the Brown rider’s fingers, a tiny head emerged from the egg and chirped questioningly.

A slightly muddled robin’s egg Blue, he had a long neck craning up out of the shell, eyes whirling in hunger. Though most of him was still obscured by the egg that had previously been his home, the far darker tops of his wings were visible, like he’d been streaked with ink or coal. Curious, he butted his snout against H’riel’s fingers.

“Oh, he’s cute! Here, take some of the meat and feed him.” Surely Nishi would make sure that her friend bonded successfully, but A’lori thought more encouragement would be all the better—at least considering that H’riel looked a little lost.

Spoiler for OOC & H’riel’s Blue:
@Kyya @Inki @RaynePOTM (And Kyya, if I've assumed too much about A'lori being able to tell H'riel is out of his element or anything, just let me know. <3 )

Image Credit:
Link to line art.
Colored by SirAlahn
Flit Details

Name:
Anything you like.
Pronounced:
How you'd say it.
Color:
Blue
Date of Birth:
27.09.2590 9th Interval.
Place of Birth:
Southern Winds Weyr

General Appearance...

A cloudy robin's egg blue, this flit will never be a particularly brightly-colored specimen. Instead, he's softly colored all over his body, a mottled turquoise that skews lightest along his tail and the trailing edges of his wings. Nearest to the joints of where his wings fold, he's significantly darker -- a deep, washed out teal that makes it look like he's been streaked with ash. He's a little oddly proportioned even for a firelizard, with a shorter than average wingspan and long neck and tail.

Personality...

Mind Voice: Happy and bright, nothing about this flit's presence or projections seem dour or gloomy. He's always happy to see everyone and talk to anyone that will pay him attention. Though he might be a bit easily distracted, he means well and backs this up with affectionate brushes of telepathic contact and images of things that make him, Dwalath, or H'riel happy.

Being Petted : This Blue is physically affectionate, enjoying rubbing up against H'riel like a cat might. And in exchange, he will always welcome being scratched under his chin, having his head rubbed, or any other form of petting that H'riel or anyone else will give him.

Wherry Meat : His favorite treat, especially if H'riel makes an effort to train him well, will be bits of wherry. Whether dried or fresh, it doesn't matter:  it'll be the fastest and quickest way to motivate him to behave or complete a task.

Dislikes:
Getting Wet : If it's raining outside, he'll be nowhere to be found. Getting water on him just isn't his thing -- it makes him cold and then dries out his skin when it evaporates. He'd much rather take a dirt bath and then be properly oiled.

Charcoal : Something about the smell just irks this Blue, which at the very least will keep him away from the kitchens.

Member Info...

Anything Else:
Born of Vanity's 2590 Clutch
OOC Distribution x IC Distribution

Coded by SanctifiedSavage for SWW

Code: [Select]
[appheader][img]http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/Other_Characters/Vanity_2590/HrielBlue.png[/img][/appheader]
[center][b]Image Credit:[/b]
[url=http://vagabondsentinel.deviantart.com/art/Pern-Firelizard-327394980]Link to line art.[/url]
Colored by [uid]SirAlahn[/uid][/center]
[apptitle]Flit Details[/apptitle]
[appbio][b]Name:[/b]
Anything you like.
[b]Pronounced:[/b]
How you'd say it.
[b]Color:[/b]
[blued]Blue[/blued]
[b]Date of Birth:[/b]
27.09.2590 9th Interval.
[b]Place of Birth:[/b]
Southern Winds Weyr[/appbio]
[apptitle]General Appearance...[/apptitle]
[apprefl]A cloudy robin's egg blue, this flit will never be a particularly brightly-colored specimen. Instead, he's softly colored all over his body, a mottled turquoise that skews lightest along his tail and the trailing edges of his wings. Nearest to the joints of where his wings fold, he's significantly darker -- a deep, washed out teal that makes it look like he's been streaked with ash. He's a little oddly proportioned even for a firelizard, with a shorter than average wingspan and long neck and tail.[/apprefl]
[apptitle]Personality...[/apptitle]
[apprefl][b]Mind Voice:[/b] Happy and bright, nothing about this flit's presence or projections seem dour or gloomy. He's always happy to see everyone and talk to anyone that will pay him attention. Though he might be a bit easily distracted, he means well and backs this up with affectionate brushes of telepathic contact and images of things that make him, Dwalath, or H'riel happy.

[b]Likes:[/b]
Being Petted : This Blue is physically affectionate, enjoying rubbing up against H'riel like a cat might. And in exchange, he will always welcome being scratched under his chin, having his head rubbed, or any other form of petting that H'riel or anyone else will give him.

Wherry Meat : His favorite treat, especially if H'riel makes an effort to train him well, will be bits of wherry. Whether dried or fresh, it doesn't matter:  it'll be the fastest and quickest way to motivate him to behave or complete a task.

[b]Dislikes:[/b]
Getting Wet : If it's raining outside, he'll be nowhere to be found. Getting water on him just isn't his thing -- it makes him cold and then dries out his skin when it evaporates. He'd much rather take a dirt bath and then be properly oiled.

Charcoal : Something about the smell just irks this Blue, which at the very least will keep him away from the kitchens. [/apprefl]
[apptitle]Member Info...[/apptitle]
[appbio][b]Anything Else:[/b]
[url=http://southernwindsweyr.net/index.php?topic=5788]OOC Distribution[/url] x [url=http://southernwindsweyr.net/index.php?topic=6015]IC Distribution[/url][/appbio]
[appcred]

Family Adoptables

Offline H'riel

H'riel's chest loosened as Nishi squealed, used to her odd noises at the very least and somewhat more comfortable with those than trying to keep an egg from rolling out of his hands. His brow was creased in a confused frown as he tried to process what was happening, trying to decipher what Nishi was saying while juggling the egg and staying close to the meat as A'lori had implied.

He jumped when she told him to wait, his fingers shifting around the egg like a cage as he looked at Nishi in bewilderment, freezing completely for fear of having done something wrong. She was talking too quickly for him to tell her where the meat was. Was there a problem? Colour? What col-

A Firelizard. Dwalath sighed, once more distracted by H'riel's thoughts with a friendly, mental huff.

Everything was happening a bit too quickly for H'riel to keep up. So he didn't.

"H'riel - egg before me"

He held out the tiny object. Fully prepared to give it to Nishi when the other weyrling offered her a different one. As quickly as he had held it out, he had returned it to his chest again, mouth slightly agape as he floundered for something to say while A'lori looked him up and down - missing what exactly he'd said to Nishi thanks to the switch crumbling of the top of the egg in his hands.

His panic escalated at that point. He couldn't help picturing the egg crumbling to nothing in his hands. Destroyed in his confusion by a too-tight grip. He didn't want to look. Couldn't, really. It would be… disheartening to say the least. And wouldn't Nishi be disappointed.

But then there was movement, and he opened his hands slightly to reveal the hungry eyes set in a dusty blue face staring up at him, most of the egg very much intact and the creature very much alive and well.

A'lori's words came through nice and clear, but it was Nishi he relied on to instruct him, shuffling the firelizard to one hand while he sought a handful of meat, plonking the scraps on the table and picking out pieces that seemed small enough for the dragon in an intriguing parody of what he had done with Dwalath only a few short turns ago.

He cradled the blue against his body as he brought pieces of meat to him, pausing for only a moment to remove the remaining shell from him before resuming the bonding process, a thumb idly stroking the tail that was draped over the bottom of his finger. "A Blue, Nishi" He responded to her earlier question about what he wanted, only registering that it was what she had asked and feeling as though any other answer would be redundant.

He will do. Dwalath confirmed, brushing against the flits mind through their shared bond with H'riel to make his presence known and huffing softly at the responding touch.

A second image was plucked from his mind as Dwalath's curiosity piqued, the brown returning just the sight of the little red that H'riel had ignored in lieu of more pressing concerns to encourage a closer inspection since the brown no longer fit inside the common room.

H'riel couldn't help it… There was a lot going on and he was well and truly out of his element. Too many new things at once. But at least he had picked up some manners along the way. "Hello, sir, will you, too, need the meat?" He said to Q'ellan with a stiff nod of his head, shuffling to the side to allow room for the red weyrling should he be joining them.

"You're staying too, Nishi?" He added with a pointed look at the egg A'lori was holding out to her, figuring if he had to stick around to feed the blue firelizard in his hand, then she would have to stick around to feed whatever hatched from her egg… and preferring that she provided some semblance of security to him by way of remaining there for as long as he was required to do so.

"Thank you, A'lori." He added to A'lori when he commented on the flit, not wanting him to think him rude for not acknowledging the gift he had been given… Because it was a gift. Firelizards could be useful creatures, and there had been no reason for the green weyrling to just give the eggs away when he could have easily traded them for more valuable commodities… Like hide to write on.

Spoiler for I forgot the spoiler:
@Inki @SirAlahn @RaynePOTM I haven't named him yet but oh god I love him owo.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 12:36:27 AM by H'riel »

Offline Nishi

Nishi’s face slackened in surprise, her mouth making a perfect ‘O’ shape as she stared at A’lori’s outstretched hand in shock. “Wait, really?” Her response came out quietly, somewhat awed that this was actually happening. She’d only been joking of course, thinking A’lori had some form of plan or that maybe he’d asked H’riel while she hadn’t been paying attention, she hadn’t actually thought he’d give one to her.

The peachy pink was beautiful, dainty and sweet, and she loved it, A’lori hadn’t been wrong about that. Reaching both hands out slowly, she accepted the outstretched egg. If at all possible, her smile was even bigger than before, although it was slow growing as it sunk in that she was actually being given an egg.

It’s so pretty, even the Green’s voice was soft in her mind, some of the awe and gratefulness rubbing off between their bond.

Shaking her head a little, her smile now in full force, she dragged her attention back to the older weyrling which now solidly sat in the ‘people I’d die for’ friend group. “Thank you, A’lori. And I’m sure H’riel would take one more, he’s a sucker for a damsel in distress, it’s all that Brownrider mojo.”

As A’lori turned to the newcomer, Nishi shuffled back to H’riel’s side. Smiling politely at the two, but feeling far more comfortable next to someone she knew rather than a red dragonette, she’d seen what they could do. Close enough so their shoulders were touching, her attention dragged back to her friend as his hands opened to reveal a tiny Blue head. 

Gasping softly at the adorable creature, Nishi quietly said, “just like a dragon, remember to feed him smaller bits of meat at the start, they don’t chew a lot at first. Oh, you got it,” she paused as H’riel idly flicked off the remaining shell pieces so the little Blue was fully revealed. “He’s a lovely subdued colour, except his wings, like Dwalath but still his own. What’re you going to name him?”

At H’riel’s pointed look, Nishi grinned evilly, “oh I have to stay now. Especially because you’ll be taking a second egg when A’lori offers it, I want to be here to see that one hatch too.”

Spoiler for Hidden:
@SirAlahn @Kyya
I'm still sorry Inki...
Green Xasheyth

Offline Q'ellan

• The Quiet One
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • red-weyrling.png
  • of Ooromoth
  • Void
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
Q'ellan couldn't help but return A'lori's smile with a handsome grin of his own, if Ooromoth hadn't already convinced him, Q might've been interested enough to actually be able to witness him trying to get him to stay anyways. But it was a moot point, the other Weyrling might've been cute, but Ooromoth had decided them anyways.

The emergence of the firelizard beside him made Q'ellan pause his response momentarily. He wasn't going to go walking all over the other Weyrling's moment in order to get his own egg, it was simple enough to wait until the attention was turned back to him, or until it was too late and the other firelizards seemed to impatient to stay inside.

"I'm surprised you haven't managed to be rid of them already given your obvious salesman techniques," he addressed the flit owner with a wink, "But yes. Ooromoth-"

I'd like it if you could pick the egg for us! Ooromoth didn't want the other Weyrling to think they were overly picky, he wanted him to like the two of them after all, and he honestly had no preference. There was nothing in his young mind that made him think that the colour of the egg would mean anything in terms of the little flitter inside. Q'ellan and I would be very thankful.

That's okay right? His head turned up to Q'ellan standing next to him.

Of course.

Offline F'erro

Evenings found F’erro often lounging around in the commons, idly participating in conversation or just otherwise observing. Tonight was no different. Zhouth was beside him, per her usual, looking magnificently bloody. He’d been oiling her often to keep the shine on her hide, even if her growth was still fairly minimal compared to her larger clutchmates. She stirred when A’lori entered the commons with tidings of firelizards. He could feel her scowling. The skies are clear tonight. Let’s go outside.

F’erro considered his dragon for a moment. She was right, it was a rare day of calm for the season. He knew she was trying to tempt him away though, rain was her preferred weather. He shook his head. You’ll be fine. They’ll be too distracted with hungry babies to care about you.

She repositioned herself so that her back was to the firelizard activity. Walls were better to look at.

He was more intent to watch, especially when Q’ellan went to get himself an egg. Ooromoth certainly seemed enthusiastic. His dragon stirred at that thought and twisted her head to look. He thought she was clenching her teeth a little tighter than usual. Fine. Get one. I want one. If they were good enough for Ooromoth, they were good enough for her.

Yeah maybe if there’s any left. Looks like they’re going quick. He enjoyed her struggle, her pride bristling and threatening to collapse. You’re the only firelizard I need.

Zhouth knew he was baiting her but couldn’t help the internal wail of response. Stoooooopp. Please. Get one so you can see what those things actually look like.

She even reached out to A’lori. Mine would like an egg but he can’t move because he is stupid.

Offline Zilanie

• Just arrived
    • View Profile
  • turns old
  • green-weyrling.png
  • of Weskath
  • Jungle
  • Adoptable
Zila was in her weyr on the ground level when Weskath looked over at her. There is firelizard eggs hatching in the Weyrling barracks you need to go and get us one. I need a friend. Zila laughed at her dragon and then looked at her daughter sleeping near the green. "You look after Zali okay she is sleeping now and since we have our own weyr this is good for her to be with us. Maybe it will give Zali company when we are training as well."

Yes it would and me company when you are not around. Now go before they are all gone.

'Yes my lovely I will. I will return."

She ran out of the weyr and towards the weyrling barracks and looked at the gathering crowd. She looked at the eggs on the bench and went to stand near one. She grabbed a small bowl of meat and stood to wait for it to hatch.

Bring me back a good friend mine.

Offline A'lori

• View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • green-weyrling.png
  • of Queriluth
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
Re: Who Doesn’t Want a Surprise Flit? [ 27.9.2590; 8 PM ] || Some Weyrlings
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 12:40:06 AM »
“You’re very welcome.” A’lori wasn’t sure if H’riel was just being polite or not, but he appreciated the thanks regardless. Particularly since it was potentially a bit rude of him to just go pressing eggs upon people in the first place.

What else are you supposed to do with them? His sweet lady was laughing in his head, and A’lori admitted she had a point.

He found himself smiling again at Nishi’s response. There was a certain pleasure in surprising someone in a good way—particularly someone like her, as a Green weyrling from an earlier class that he looked up to a bit. “Yes, really. I see no reason why not.” And when she cupped her hands, he gently set the egg in her palm delicately. “I’ll take you and him up on that offer, then. Or you can fight over which one of you gets to bond to a second one.” Not that he actually thought they would. Regardless, he was sure between the two of them at least three of the little creatures would get Impressed to.

“Maybe I should have just dispensed them at random earlier than this, if this is the response I’m getting.” A’lori might not know Q’ellan well, but he returned his wink with a grin. And though it surprised him a bit to hear the Red’s soft voice, he took it in stride. “I’d be honored to pick one for the two of you,” he added, eyes flicking back to the other weyrling to see if he had any other objections or requests. When that didn’t seem to be the case, he beckoned them over to the table where both the pot filled with the eggs and the bowl of meat were sitting. Humming briefly, A’lori inspected the remaining eggs and then chose a pale blue one. The softness of it reminded him of the Red’s voice; and while the sky blue of it might have clashed with another shade, he thought it rather suited the pinkish parts of Q’ellan’s dragon. “I have a good feeling about this one for you two.”

It threw him a moment to hear the sound of another dragon’s voice, this one distinctly female and rather waspish. And it took him another moment longer to identify where it was coming from, especially amid Queriluth’s vague grumble of, So many talking to you. But if the other Red watching the goings on from some distance away was any clue, she’d been the one to address him.

So he made his way briskly over, smile brilliant. “F’erro, right? I think your lovely just asked me for an egg.” And he held out the one he’d been holding since intercepting H’riel—a deep, almost midnight blue speckled with purple. “You’re more than welcome to one either way.”

While he was gone, he was destined to miss two of the eggs hatching. First was the pale, flowery pink one in Nishi’s hand. Not to be outdone by their Blue brother that had hatched first, the firelizard within sloughed off his egg almost in one motion, breaking free of it so that he shards simply fell apart into Nishi’s hands.

Big and solidly built even for a hatchling, the weathered Bronze crooned to her in his hunger. Surely she would be able to supply some food? He could smell it, anyway. Streaked with shadows and highlights alike, he was a handsome thing even for his vaguely tarnished appearance, with brighter headknobs and a pattern of markings down his face, neck, and the tops of his wings like the illusion of scales or golden netting. And when food was not immediately forthcoming, he chirped a loud, more demanding note.

Almost simultaneously, one of the eggs nestled in the sand broke open as well, its shadowed, jade color shell cracking apart to divulge the Green within. Long and lanky, she was even brighter than the egg she’d hatched from, freckled as though dappled from above by sunlight through leaves. Her trill, just as loud as her brother’s chirp, was directed at Zilanie, since she was the first person that she saw. Almost imperiously, she began to leave the pot of sand, tripping over the edge and onto the table near the bowl of meat—which immediately caught her attention. Zilanie would have to be fast to feed her from her hand, rather than the opportunistic little creature helping herself.

Spoiler for OOC:

Spoiler for Nishi’s Bronze:

Image Credit:
Link to line art.
Colored by SirAlahn
Flit Details

Name:
Anything you like.
Pronounced:
How you'd say it.
Color:
Bronze
Date of Birth:
27.09.2590 9th Interval.
Place of Birth:
Southern Winds Weyr

General Appearance...

Much of this flit is a weathered bronze in color, just this side of skewing green. If anything, though, the shininess of his hide as well as his size banish any confusion as to what his rank is. His wings are striated with highlights and darker shadows, making him look even more metallic and scintillating, like a well-polished mirror. There's a slightly darker stripe that runs down along his spine onto his tail, and a webbed net of lighter scalloping over his head, neck, and chest. He'll be a big Bronze even from the moment he hatches, muscular and built for catching Golds.

Personality...

Mind Voice: Haughty and commanding though he think he might be, this Bronze is actually a bit braying. He thinks he's Faranth's gift to Pern, and is blissfully unaware of his flaws -- such as the fact that his projections might seem overloud or overbright to those not used to them.

The Ladies : A flirtatious Bronze through and through, he's very much the sort to chase the metaphorical skirt and want to woo all the Greens and Golds. Along the same lines, he feels protective and affectionate of both Nishi and Xasheyth, seeing them as his no matter who else's affections he might pursue.

Being obeyed : Simply put, he likes to get his way. He's well aware that he's a Bronze, and expects to be treated with the rank he feels he deserves. Uppity subjects will not be tolerated.

Dislikes:
Other Males : He wants to be the king of his domain, and is just insecure enough to object to the presence of other men in his bonded's life -- whether that be flits, dragons that might be fond of Xasheyth, or potential suitors for Nishi. He won't be outright unpleasant to them if the two constant ladies in his life don't object to their presence, but he'll huff and sulk when they're around.

Overcast Days : They're cold, boring, and they don't allow his hide to shine brilliantly like the sun does. All in all, he would banish them forever if he had any control over the weather.

Member Info...

Anything Else:

[appheader][img]http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/Other_Characters/Vanity_2590/NishiBronze.png[/img][/appheader]
[url=http://vagabondsentinel.deviantart.com/art/Pern-Firelizard-327394980]Link to line art.[/url]
Anything you like.
How you'd say it.
[bronzed]Bronze[/bronzed]
27.09.2590 9th Interval.
[apprefl]Much of this flit is a weathered bronze in color, just this side of skewing green. If anything, though, the shininess of his hide as well as his size banish any confusion as to what his rank is. His wings are striated with highlights and darker shadows, making him look even more metallic and scintillating, like a well-polished mirror. There's a slightly darker stripe that runs down along his spine onto his tail, and a webbed net of lighter scalloping over his head, neck, and chest. He'll be a big Bronze even from the moment he hatches, muscular and built for catching Golds.[/apprefl]
[apprefl][b]Mind Voice:[/b] Haughty and commanding though he think he might be, this Bronze is actually a bit braying. He thinks he's Faranth's gift to Pern, and is blissfully unaware of his flaws -- such as the fact that his projections might seem overloud or overbright to those not used to them.

The Ladies : A flirtatious Bronze through and through, he's very much the sort to chase the metaphorical skirt and want to woo all the Greens and Golds. Along the same lines, he feels protective and affectionate of both Nishi and Xasheyth, seeing them as [i]his[/i] no matter who else's affections he might pursue.

Being obeyed : Simply put, he likes to get his way. He's well aware that he's a Bronze, and expects to be treated with the rank he feels he deserves. Uppity subjects will not be tolerated.

Other Males : He wants to be the king of his domain, and is just insecure enough to object to the presence of other men in his bonded's life -- whether that be flits, dragons that might be fond of Xasheyth, or potential suitors for Nishi. He won't be outright [i]unpleasant[/i] to them if the two constant ladies in his life don't object to their presence, but he'll huff and sulk when they're around.

Overcast Days : They're cold, boring, and they don't allow his hide to shine brilliantly like the sun does. All in all, he would banish them forever if he had any control over the weather.[/apprefl]
[url=http://southernwindsweyr.net/index.php?topic=5788]OOC Distribution[/url] x [url=http://southernwindsweyr.net/index.php?topic=6015]IC Distribution[/url][/appbio]
[appcred]

Spoiler for Zilanie’s Green:

Image Credit:
Link to line art.
Colored by SirAlahn
Flit Details

Name:
Anything you like.
Pronounced:
How you'd say it.
Color:
Green
Date of Birth:
27.09.2590 9th Interval.
Place of Birth:
Southern Winds Weyr

General Appearance...

A bright, leaf green, this lanky lady is dappled and freckled like light through the jungle’s canopy. Some of her markings skew a little darker along her wings, back, neck, and head, but they’re equally sprinkled among brighter spots. Some might not think her the prettiest thing, with all her mismatched speckling, but it will never be something that inhibits her confidence. She’s big and long for a green, but with lanky limbs and wings that make her seem scrawnier than she actually is.

Personality...

Mind Voice: Brassy, and maybe just a tad bossy, this Green is loud with all of her projections, and her physical 'voice' is too. She makes a lot of noise, and isn't shy about it. Nor is she about getting shrill when she's angry.

Steam : It's an idle fascination of hers since she thinks it moves weirdly, and she'll absently try to play with it when Zilanie happens to be in the Springs.

Bugs : They're downright tasty as far as she is concerned, and are her favorite treat.

Dislikes:
Browns : They're much too stuffy and rule-bound. She'd much rather get into mischief with a playful Blue, rather than put up with the over-seriousness of a Brown. And Bronzes are almost as bad.

Being Cold : She'll absolutely refuse to go outside when it gets chilly, instead either staying in her bonded's furs, napping in the Bathing Springs, or basking by the ovens in the kitchen.

Member Info...

Anything Else:
When she's physically mature, this Green will fly on 02.06. She will be a Force Catch.

[appheader][img]http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/Other_Characters/Vanity_2590/ZilanieGreen.png[/img][/appheader]
Anything you like.
How you'd say it.
[greend]Green[/greend]
27.09.2590 9th Interval.
[apprefl]A bright, leaf green, this lanky lady is dappled and freckled like light through the jungle’s canopy. Some of her markings skew a little darker along her wings, back, neck, and head, but they’re equally sprinkled among brighter spots. Some might not think her the prettiest thing, with all her mismatched speckling, but it will never be something that inhibits her confidence. She’s big and long for a green, but with lanky limbs and wings that make her seem scrawnier than she actually is.[/apprefl]
[apprefl][b]Mind Voice:[/b] Brassy, and maybe just a tad bossy, this Green is [i]loud[/i] with all of her projections, and her physical 'voice' is too. She makes a lot of noise, and isn't shy about it. Nor is she about getting shrill when she's angry.

Steam : It's an idle fascination of hers since she thinks it moves weirdly, and she'll absently try to play with it when Zilanie happens to be in the Springs.

Bugs : They're downright tasty as far as she is concerned, and are her favorite treat.

Browns : They're much too stuffy and rule-bound. She'd much rather get into mischief with a playful Blue, rather than put up with the over-seriousness of a Brown. And Bronzes are almost as bad.

Being Cold : She'll absolutely refuse to go outside when it gets chilly, instead either staying in her bonded's furs, napping in the Bathing Springs, or basking by the ovens in the kitchen.[/apprefl]
When she's physically mature, this Green will fly on 02.06. She will be a Force Catch.

[appcred]

Family Adoptables

Offline H'riel

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2017, 12:18:52 AM »
H'riel smiled at Nishi's praise, the warmth that came with doing something properly always giving him a pleasant feeling in his gut - better than a warm meal, if he were being totally honest with himself. The creature in his hands chirped softly in response to H'riel's mood, quick to replicate the feeling in his mind, albeit a muted one as the bond between human and firelizard cemented itself. Which just made H'riel's smile larger.

A precious gift, it would seem.

Dwalath was not quite as pleased as his bonded, shifting irritatedly from his perch on their weyrledge as H'riel's attention returned to Nishi, the egg she clutched, and the blue firelizard that was steadily stuffing his face. He did not push H'riel's attention to the red dragonet again, however, deciding, instead, to wait until another opportunity presented itself for further conversation.

H'riel's smile waned at the mention of a second egg, glancing between the egg in Nishi's hand and her face as if to ascertain if that was perhaps what she had been referring too. She mispoke, perhaps? It was not uncommon… But no. It had been too determined a statement. The command for him to stick around quite clear.

Well… Nishi knew best, right?

In any case, he needed to finish feeding the blue, focussing all his attention on ensuring he was only given suitably sized pieces and missing the initial appearance of Nishi's Bronze. It was the demanding chirp that had drawn his attention, the brash note piercing through H'riel's concentration and making him worry, for a moment, that he may have hurt his little blue. It was only because of his firelizard's responding chirp - a far sweeter tone of… greeting, perhaps? … proffered in Nishi's direction that H'riel's attention was on the newcomer. 

"Oh… He is quite a bit larger." He stated as he looked between the two clutch-brothers, hesitating just a moment as he registered the metallic sheen to the almost green hide that denoted a bronze, and not a tiny version of Xasheyth.

A Bronze would be. Dwalath confirmed in a similar matter of fact tone before his attention was once again on moping about the fact he couldn't be in there observing the red dragonets that were present.

"Here. We are done." He added as he pushed the pile of food he had grabbed closer to Nishi before reaching to retrieve some more of the foodscraps. A bigger firelizard would eat more, right? That's how it worked. He could keep Nishi well stocked while he waited.

The firelizard had hunched down into his hand, thrumming contentedly in time with the hatching croon of the other firelizards present, not with quite the same urgency, to be fair, but something akin to it. His tail twitched occasionally, and while H'riel thought perhaps he wanted to do more, he was picking up an urge to sleep more than anything else, muted though the need was in comparison to the same feeling he'd felt from Dwalath over the years.

No longer needing to keep a hand free to feed him, he used his spare hand to stroke him as he watched Nishi, mulling over what she'd already said as the creature in his hand responded with sleepy little bursts of pleasure with each touch.

Like a dragon, she had said. Hadn't she? Yes. Definitely said to feed them like a dragon… which meant.

"… Excuse me, Nishi. I do not mean to interrupt. But will they need to be oiled?"

She asked what you will call him too. They are not born with names like us. Dwalath added softly, having as much an interest in ensuring H'riel maintained proper ettiquette at all times as his rider himself. It caused him too much stress to find he'd acted inappropriately, and not answering the question a friend had posed to you was certainly up there so far as the both of them were concerned. Besides. Dwalath had a better track record of keeping up with conversations… If only to minimise his rider's embarrassment should he miss something critical.

Nishi only had to suffer a brief pause when Dwalath spoke, however, and H'riel answered her in a low voice. "Can I call him Chirp? What will you call yours?" Naming conventions wasn't exactly a topic taught in lessons, candidate, crafter or otherwise.

Spoiler for OOC:
723 words Main tag for @RaynePOTM But she probably already knows >_>
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 12:26:15 AM by H'riel »

Offline Q'ellan

• The Quiet One
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • red-weyrling.png
  • of Ooromoth
  • Void
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2017, 01:52:49 AM »
Thank you! Ooromoth said brightly and eagerly, as he shuffled over to peer into Q'ellan's hands, craning his neck up as far as he could to do so. I like it. What do you think is in it?

Q'ellan too seemed to have a good feeling about the egg when A'lori place it into his hands. It was quite a bit warmer than he was expecting. Evidently he should have considered the warm place where A'lori would have stored them, even if he had considered the hatching sands effect on dragon eggs. Which he had indeed touched in the past.

With a smile, but he didn't have much more to say, given the excitement of more of the eggs hatching around them, Q'ellan moved over to one side of the table holding the meat. Across the table from where the other Weyrling's were eagerly feeding their own firelizards. He didn't know any of them, and they didn't know him, so at this moment in time, Q'ellan didn't really feel any need to socialise.

Ooromoth would usually have been chatting up a few in conversation, however the little red had his eyes eagerly trained upon the egg in Q'ellan's hands.

And so the two of them just stood. Both with their eyes staring intently at the soft, sky blue egg cradled with care.

Offline Nishi

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2017, 02:08:25 AM »
A’lori’s conversation with what seemed to be the Red weyrling pair caught Nishi’s attention. Though she tried to hide it, the excitement over everything that was happening, and her own normal expressiveness, made it highly unlikely she was doing a very good job. She hadn’t, of course, heard the little red and pink dragonette speak, only heard A’lori’s reply and seen the questioning glance.

It took a little while of her looking back and forth between the three of them to figure she must have missed something, given she knew it was entirely unlikely the Green weyrling had just invited himself to picking an egg for them. It was different when he’d offered her one, she’d been asking for it, if only in jest. And the tone of voice he used wasn’t questioning, it was… like a statement or reply. Which meant the little dragonette had spoken? Straight to A’lori?

Maybe they spoke through Queriluth.

Uh ha… maybe…

Her judgement about the lack of manners of the Red pair would have to wait though, as her natural sticky beak tendencies had her trying to see the colour of the egg that A’lori had picked. It was a lovely light blue, almost pastel in its bright but soft nature. Not as pretty as the one she had in her hand maybe, but still a lovely colour. And she had to agree with A’lori, even if he hadn’t said it aloud, the softness did suit the little Red... who was remarkably pretty in colour for a tiny death machine that Nishi didn’t want to like.

Movement in her hand had her looking down sharply. With one foul swoop, the shell practically disintegrated and fell around the… not so little firelizard body. Turning to look at her, crooning low, Nishi stared at the dark coloured flit and his intriguing patterning, subconsciously lifting him in her cupped palms so he was close to her face and she could stare at him properly.

But now was not the time, as he reminded her in short order, and she jumped a little at the demanding tone. “Ooookay, okay, sorry,” she said softly. She stepped closer to the little table, and in the change of light she clearly saw the sheen that solidified his status as a Bronze and not a giant Green. As she tried to juggle the newly hatched Bronze to one hand, little pieces of shell fell onto the table as he moved over. He was big enough that he sat quite solidly across her whole palm his tail and wings drooping over the edges of her hand.

As H’riel pushed over the bowl of food she quickly grabbed a small piece and held it towards the bossy firelizard, pausing momentarily before replying to him. As the Bronze chomped down, Nishi shot a beaming smile at H’riel, “he is, isn’t he? I wasn’t sure for a moment that he was a Bronze but I should have figured from the size, he’s way too big for a Green, and so shiney! And thanks,” she said nodding her head towards the meat.

After a few more bites of meat, the Bronze turned to croon back a greeting to H’riel’s Blue. Food needed to be first, but he wasn’t planning on ignoring the Blue entirely. His attention on the smaller firelizard was short-lived however, as he returned to scarfing down anything Nishi put close to him. He gave Xasheyth a little more attention when she brushed his mind, but not by much.

He’ll be a good addition to us. He’ll be bossy though.

Eh, so we.

We?

Okay, so am I.

Midway through dangling a piece of meat over him so he’d have to stretch to get it, which earned her a childing look once he’d grabbed it, while she grinned unrepentantly in return, she looked to H’riel with a surprised look. “Uuumm, I think they do. I’ve never actually… oh yes, they do. I’ve seen some of the other kids oiling theirs. We should be fine to use the same oil we used for Xasheyth and Dwalath, it’s not like they’ll use a lot.”

“Aww, Chirp is a lovely name,” she said looking back over the sweet blue, “I think it suits him.” Eyeing the Bronze as he shifted his seat in her hand before nosing at another piece of meat, she thought about it, her nose scrunching up as she did. “I like… Catch. Because he looks like he’s got little netting over him.” Later, it would probably also refer to his skirt-chasing, but Nishi couldn’t quite know that yet.

Between H’riel’s egg hatching, A’lori handing her an egg (an actual firelizard egg, for her), Ooromoth and Q’ellan being there, and now having an imperious Bronze hatchling in her hand, Nishi hadn’t noticed Zilanie arrive and stand quietly off to the side. Now that her Bronze was slowing down his eating, looking a little more around the room, she too was allowed to.

Her eyes found the Green crawling across the sand and table, and followed it to the nearest human. “Oh, hey Zilanie! Congrats!”

Xasheyth rearranged herself on her ledge so her head was by the opening, and she could look around to see Dwalath. And congratulations to you and yours.

Spoiler for Hidden:
892... damnit
Used Dragonsong, page 92 for reference on flitter oiling.
@CatTiff @Kyya
Green Xasheyth

Offline A'lori

• View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • green-weyrling.png
  • of Queriluth
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2017, 09:25:50 PM »
The flit inside of Q’ellan’s sky blue egg seemed to sense that it had left the greater heat of the sand-filled pot. Soon enough it was squirming in his hands, rocking from side to side though it took a few moments before the shell itself actually cracked. The left-hand side broke first, splintering into shards like bits of sky as another newborn firelizard made their way into the world.

He was a dark thing, almost appearing black when he was still coiled tightly inside the egg. But as he stretched, pressing the shell apart the rest of the way as he hatched into Q’ellan’s hands, his coloration revealed itself as Blue. Where his egg had been like a bright sunny day, the flit from within was like the midnight sky, his wingsails an even darker hue than the rest of his dusky body. Only a few bright spots like sapphire stars were spinkled on his face and the top of his neck.

Trilling curiously, he reached out with a tentative, sweet brush of his mind against Q’ellan’s. There was hunger there, certainly, corroborated by the bright, acrid orange in his eyes. But it was almost swallowed by his curiosity about the other creature who now held him in his hands, as well as the tiny Red dragonet watching him—and he greeted Ooromoth with a quiet croon.

Spoiler for OOC:
Just a short post since this is really just to hatch Q’ellan’s egg since A’lori is still talking to F’erro. ^_^

@Inki

Spoiler for Q’ellan’s Blue:

Image Credit:
Link to line art.
Colored by SirAlahn
Flit Details

Name:
Anything you like.
Pronounced:
How you'd say it.
Color:
Blue
Date of Birth:
27.09.2590 9th Interval.
Place of Birth:
Southern Winds Weyr

General Appearance...

Exceedingly tiny from the moment he hatches, this Blue will always remain so -- only being slightly larger than the biggest Green when he's finally full grown. In dark settings he may almost appear black, especially his wingsails, which are the deep, abyssal blue of the darkest sea or night sky. The rest of his body is a softly mottled navy, with only a faint sprinkling of lighter spots on his forehead.

Personality...

Mind Voice: Despite his severe, dark appearance, this Blue is a sweet boy that likes to trill and croon as his primary form of communication. The brush of his presence against Q'ellan's mind is light, mellow, and relaxed. The pictures he provides are a little hazy, almost impressionistic in that they are composed of broad strokes rather than delicate details.

Pretty Rocks : His greatest weakness. He'll build himself a nest like any Gold might, out of anything soft he can find and commandeer, but the true decorations of it will be any stones he can find that are smooth, shiny, or interestingly patterned.

Doting on Q'ellan and Ooromoth : They're his darlings, and he very much wants to make sure they know how much he loves them. Whether that be by donating some of his shiny rocks to them, 'singing' to them with his soft coos, or even rubbing against them affectionately, he's a very adoring flit.

Dislikes:
Bright Lights : This flit does not have the best eyesight -- thus his somewhat hazy mental images -- and the brightest of lights can wash out the things he does see or make it difficult to perceive them altogether. He much prefers when the sun is shrouded by at least some cloud cover, as the softer light isn't as hard on his eyes.

Overbearing Flits : As a somewhat demure creature himself, he's not fond of those who will throw their weight -- especially their rank -- around just to get him to do what they want. Golds and Bronzes will never be his favorite.

Member Info...

Anything Else:

[appheader][img]http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/Other_Characters/Vanity_2590/QellanBlue.png[/img][/appheader]
Anything you like.
How you'd say it.
[blued]Blue[/blued]
27.09.2590 9th Interval.
[apprefl]Exceedingly tiny from the moment he hatches, this Blue will always remain so -- only being slightly larger than the biggest Green when he's finally full grown. In dark settings he may almost appear black, especially his wingsails, which are the deep, abyssal blue of the darkest sea or night sky. The rest of his body is a softly mottled navy, with only a faint sprinkling of lighter spots on his forehead.[/apprefl]
[apprefl][b]Mind Voice:[/b] Despite his severe, dark appearance, this Blue is a sweet boy that likes to trill and croon as his primary form of communication. The brush of his presence against Q'ellan's mind is light, mellow, and relaxed. The pictures he provides are a little hazy, almost impressionistic in that they are composed of broad strokes rather than delicate details.

Pretty Rocks : His greatest weakness. He'll build himself a nest like any Gold might, out of anything soft he can find and commandeer, but the true decorations of it will be any stones he can find that are smooth, shiny, or interestingly patterned.

Doting on Q'ellan and Ooromoth : They're his darlings, and he very much wants to make sure they know how much he loves them. Whether that be by donating some of his shiny rocks to them, 'singing' to them with his soft coos, or even rubbing against them affectionately, he's a very adoring flit.

Bright Lights : This flit does not have the best eyesight -- thus his somewhat hazy mental images -- and the brightest of lights can wash out the things he [i]does[/i] see or make it difficult to perceive them altogether. He much prefers when the sun is shrouded by at least some cloud cover, as the softer light isn't as hard on his eyes.

Overbearing Flits : As a somewhat demure creature himself, he's not fond of those who will throw their weight -- especially their rank -- around just to get him to do what they want. Golds and Bronzes will never be his favorite.[/apprefl]
[appcred]

Family Adoptables

Offline Q'ellan

• The Quiet One
    • View Profile

• He/Him/His
  • turns old
  • red-weyrling.png
  • of Ooromoth
  • Void
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2017, 12:10:04 AM »
Q'ellan stayed very still as he felt the tap tap tap on the shell, and when the left side of the shell gave way, Q'ellan and Ooromoth cocked their head, unknowingly mirroring each other in order to get a look at the firelizard inside. Dark and still coiled tightly in his embryonic positioning, he looked almost like a shadow was darkening his true colouration, but the egg was so thin that light was indeed entering into his shell, he was simply so dark he was almost black.

With the stretch fully releasing him from his shelly prison, Ooromoth let out a suitable Oooh of excitement and awe at the simply gorgeous colouration on this little blue.

When his mind connected with Q'ellan's own, it just seemed to fit. Unlike Ooromoth who had been a little confusing to begin with, Q'ellan understood hunger, and he certainly understood the curiosity that emanated from the little creature in waves. But it was soft, a lot more subtle than the connection with Ooromoth, even though both of the men in his life seemed to have quite a… demure nature about them.

Ooromoth returned the blue’s croon with one of his own, excitedly leaning forward to get a better look at the little thing, the size of his head, even at it's juvenile stage, a sharp contrast to the tiny blue.

"Come on buddy. Let's get you something to eat." He said as he walked slowly closer to the table, taking care when he moved to reach out with one hand that the little thing was ready to shuffle over onto his one hand. The blue did so delicately, holding his almost-black wings out to keep his balance, as he took small steps over the shell shards onto only one of Q’ellan’s palms.

But he seemed to like his new arrangement just as much as the first, apparently not a firelizard to be too fussy about being forced to move and put himself out at the request of Q’ellan.

What should we call him?

But Ooromoth was a little too distracted by the flitter to answer Q’ellan just yet. They were crooning back and forth at each other, Ooromoth ever so slowly bringing his head closer to the little blue. He didn’t want to scare him, but Ooromoth definitely wanted to become his friend. After all, they had to like each other… Right?

But the blue barely hesitated, and when Ooromoth’s head came within reach of him, he rubbed his tiny chin against the top of the red’s snout, trilling a high-pitched sound of happiness and contentment.

Ooromoth thrummed with happiness. He looks like the night sky… Or the cove when it’s dark out… Or the dark corner of the room when someone has a candle going.

Now that was an interesting statement. How about Void? A little bit dark perhaps for what seemed like an incredibly sweet firelizard. But it just seemed to fit.

Sure Was the only thing he received from Ooromoth, so it seemed like the young dragon didn’t really care about the name.

Picking up a piece of meat, he fed it to the blue. The little firelizard’s face now full of tough gristle forcing him to stop his trilling and crooning and just chew. But the orange in his eyes began to subside as he slowly made his way through bite after bite, his little belly becoming distended by the volume of meat remarkably quickly.

“You done, Void?” Yes… that sounded right. And when Void didn’t seem to want anymore food, the three of them made their way back to their room they shared with F’erro and L’anna, and nod and a mouthed ‘thank you’ at A’lori as they departed.

Spoiler for Hidden:

Offline Zilanie

• Just arrived
    • View Profile
  • turns old
  • green-weyrling.png
  • of Weskath
  • Jungle
  • Adoptable
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2017, 10:03:43 AM »
Zi had been looking at the egg when it hatched and the green popped out of it. She stood in awah of the little green as it wondered over to her and climbed onto her hand. It crealed to her as it looked at her eyes orange. In her head she heard both the little green and Wes

Feed it mine.

Grabbing some meat she started to feed the green beauty. When Nishi spoke she looked over to her "Thank you Nishi. Congrats to you as well. You have a handsome Bronze there. I think I am going to call her Jungle as this might be the only Jungle that Wes will not be afraid of."

At the sound of the name the green thrilled as if she liked the name. I like that name. She does as well. Zi feed the green till she was stuffed and then smiled at her taking her back to her room.  Wes looked at Jungle and Jungle looked at Wes and both just stared at each other.

Offline F'erro

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2017, 04:14:44 PM »
He wasn’t surprised so much as embarrassed when A’lori came over, egg in hand. Zhouth was quite pleased, even more so since the Greenrider was able to pick her out so easily. She took it as a compliment and stood so that she could twirl herself around him, two times, before returning to lay down in her spot. F’erro rolled his eyes but didn’t seem entirely mad.

“Yeah, sorry about Zhouth. She’s direct.” The Red’s tail was swaying back and forth, akin to a canine’s wag. F’erro eased himself up so he could gently take the egg. It was a pretty egg, flashier than Zhouth’s had been. “Thanks,” he said, sheepish. “Guess I should get some meat while I’m up.” He made an ‘after you’ motion to A’lori, and then also walked toward the table. Zhouth remained where she was.

Spoiler for Hidden:
can i have an egg for record short/boring post :(

Offline A'lori

• View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • green-weyrling.png
  • of Queriluth
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2017, 06:44:04 PM »
A’lori was glad that he hadn’t missed his guess. Offering F’erro another smile as he took the egg, the Green weyrling was more than happy to chatter away at the other as they moved back over to the table. “It’s no problem, really. Zhouth, you said? She and her name are both very pretty. And you’re welcome. I’m just glad I can give them away to good homes.”

You’re rambling, Queriluth mused, and there was a certain unusual burr in her voice that told A’lori she wasn’t pleased with him. Probably because he’d complimented a dragon that she saw as rude—as Queriluth had never been particularly fond of dragons speaking either telepathically to her, or encroaching on her rider’s mind.

//Don’t be catty,// he told her, smile quirking a little lopsidedly. //You’re still the prettiest thing I’ve ever seen. And I’m sure she—Zhouth—didn’t mean to be rude.//

It still is rude.

When they reached the table, A’lori squealed in excitement to see that more of Vanity’s eggs had hatched. Indeed, the Gold herself was seated on the table looking proud of her babies, watching as they Impressed. “They’re all so adorable!” And thinking so was why he’d ended up with four of his own in the first place. Grinning at Nishi, he scooted closer to get a look at her Bronze. “Does he make up for being the second egg instead of the first?”

It was a good thing that F’erro hadn’t wasted any time in making his way over to the bowl of meat, because the egg in his hands wasn’t waiting either. The dark shell broke open almost violently, spilling a Blue flit into his hands. A deep periwinkle blue with darker blue markings on his wings, back, and face, he looked like he’d been smudged with paint or dye, all his colors uneven and almost splotchy in a subtle sort of way. He was like an image out of focus, or the hazy remembrance of a dream.

And he was demanding. Hissing his hunger, eyes an orange almost skewed to red, he bit down on the first tasty-looking thing he could find—which happened to be F’erro’s thumb. Fortunately, his size meant that the bite wouldn’t be overly deep or damaging, but his needle-sharp teeth would surely draw blood.

Spoiler for OOC:
I can viscerally feel myself developing a fever, so if this post doesn’t make any sense or is bad… blame that. ._.

@Drewliet @RaynePOTM @Kyya

Spoiler for F’erro’s Blue:

Image Credit:
Link to line art.
Colored by SirAlahn
Flit Details

Name:
Anything you like.
Pronounced:
How you'd say it.
Color:
Blue
Date of Birth:
27.09.2590 9th Interval.
Place of Birth:
Southern Winds Weyr

General Appearance...

With a base coat of deep periwinkle blue, this flit has a very smudged look about him, as though he's been sponged with a navy colored dye. The tips of his wings and wingsails are particularly dark, as is the tip of his nose and a vague, hazy stripe down his forehead. His spine has a similar stripe, though it's even more subtle than the markings on his face. Overall, there's not much about him that seems smoothly colored; the most consistent area on him are the bones of his wings. Once grown, he'll be a mid-sized Blue.

Personality...

Mind Voice: Wicked and slightly acidic in his presence, there's always a sense with him that he's amused at something, usually at his conversational partner's expense. He might not always understand Zhouth's riddles, but this Blue thrives on humor. His form of 'jokes' will be projecting images of awkward things or past mistakes, which he thinks are the funniest things ever.

Ripping : Clothes, oiling rags, bits of grass, furs, straps -- this Blue is a menace when it comes to anything that he can do damage to with his teeth or claws. He takes a very visceral sense of enjoyment from tearing things up, destroying them, and otherwise rendering them into little, unusable pieces.

Pranks : Second only to his love of tearing breakables to bits is his enjoyment of pranks. Whether it's hiding F'erro's belongings or those of his roommates, divebombing the unsuspecting, or any other playful thing he can think of. The real problem is that what this Blue thinks is 'playful', others may read as 'malicious'.

Dislikes:
Being Challenged : With the attitude of a much larger flit -- maybe even a Bronze -- he thinks that he's lord of all he sees and should be treated as such. Anyone else challenging his authority, decisions, or presence will find him very waspish. Above all, he hates being told 'no'.

Interlopers : People in his, Zhouth, or F'erro's space? No thanks. He's rather hypocritical in this, as he has no concept of boundaries for other people, or what may be inappropriate. But get too close or do something he doesn't like, to either himself or the other two, and you'll have to contend with a very angry ball of Blue flit.

Member Info...

Anything Else:

[appheader][img]http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/Other_Characters/Vanity_2590/FerroBlue.png[/img][/appheader]
Anything you like.
How you'd say it.
[blued]Blue[/blued]
27.09.2590 9th Interval.
[apprefl]With a base coat of deep periwinkle blue, this flit has a very smudged look about him, as though he's been sponged with a navy colored dye. The tips of his wings and wingsails are particularly dark, as is the tip of his nose and a vague, hazy stripe down his forehead. His spine has a similar stripe, though it's even more subtle than the markings on his face. Overall, there's not much about him that seems smoothly colored; the most consistent area on him are the bones of his wings. Once grown, he'll be a mid-sized Blue.[/apprefl]
[apprefl][b]Mind Voice:[/b] Wicked and slightly acidic in his presence, there's always a sense with him that he's amused at [i]something[/i], usually at his conversational partner's expense. He might not always understand Zhouth's riddles, but this Blue thrives on humor. His form of 'jokes' will be projecting images of awkward things or past mistakes, which he thinks are the funniest things ever.

Ripping : Clothes, oiling rags, bits of grass, furs, straps -- this Blue is a menace when it comes to anything that he can do damage to with his teeth or claws. He takes a very visceral sense of enjoyment from tearing things up, destroying them, and otherwise rendering them into little, unusable pieces.

Pranks : Second only to his love of tearing breakables to bits is his enjoyment of pranks. Whether it's hiding F'erro's belongings or those of his roommates, divebombing the unsuspecting, or any other playful thing he can think of. The real problem is that what this Blue thinks is 'playful', others may read as 'malicious'.

Being Challenged : With the attitude of a much larger flit -- maybe even a Bronze -- he thinks that he's lord of all he sees and should be treated as such. Anyone else challenging his authority, decisions, or presence will find him very waspish. Above all, he hates being told 'no'.

Interlopers : People in his, Zhouth, or F'erro's space? No thanks. He's rather hypocritical in this, as he has no concept of boundaries for other people, or what may be inappropriate. But get too close or do something he doesn't like, to either himself or the other two, and you'll have to contend with a very angry ball of Blue flit.[/apprefl]
[appcred]
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 01:53:36 PM by SirAlahn »

Family Adoptables

Offline H'riel

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2017, 10:10:57 PM »
It was hard for the little blue to stay awake now that he was fed, but he offered the Bronze another merry chirrup in response to his own greeting, half-lidded eyes whirling contentedly as H'riel continued to pet him. "His name will be Chirp, in that case." H'riel confirmed with a decisive nod. "Catch is suitable as well." He added after a brief pause, the slight panic in his eyes at whether that was an appropriate response fading quickly. It didn't really matter to Nishi. She was usually pretty up front about how she felt about his actions.

"I'll come to your weyr afterwards then? Dwalath fits. He is…" a pause as H'riel tried to figure out just what the Brown's opinion was on the firelizards, frowning as he ventured the closest approximation of what he sensed "… interested in them."

It was their usefulness that had the dragon intrigued, the implication being that they would need to teach the tiny thing to be useful and that perhaps, there was something for him to do in that regard. He rumbled gently as Xasheyth craned to see him in his weyr, turning so he was not so rude as to have his back on her. You have one as well? He'd not bothered to pay much heed to the humans nearby, occupied only by the red dragonets and the desire for H'riel to encourage one closer, and even as he said the words to the green dragonet he picked up the image of the demanding bronze from H'riel's mind.

A Bronze… Does he outrank me, Xasheyth? He asked, shifting to a more upright position, waiting to see if she could answer before considering asking his bonded himself. There would no need to bother if Xasheyth knew. 

H'riel's attention was on Nishi and the new green-firelizard owner, Zilanie, smiling politely when she came near and offering his own congratulations alongside Nishi's.

Figuring a response regarding her own choice of a name, H'riel nodded his head. "You are correct. A firelizard is not a jungle so she would not be afraid of her. I also think they are a bit small to concern our dragons, which would certainly be reassuring for your Weskath." He almost grinned then, as Zilanie walked away and he turned to Nishi, certain that he had managed an appropriate comment in response. It was a bit harder with others outside of his clutch group. But he did try.

"Are you sure A'lori will need us to stay for another one?" He added, the something-of-a-grin faltering as he glanced at the growing crowd of people. Surely there were more than enough present and willing to take an egg off his hands. He was starting to get… uncomfortable. Even with the warm bundle of blue in his hand, humming softly he found himself… antsy. If Nishi was staying though, he wouldn't leave.

Spoiler for OOC:

Offline Nishi

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2017, 01:33:09 AM »
Nishi nodded a little absentmindedly as she oohed and aahed over her Catch. After he’d eaten his fill, the little Bronze crawled up her arm a little to stretch out his full length, chirruping once before promptly going to sleep. There was little else interesting he needed to do right now, and sleep was far too tempting for his tiny, newly hatched brain.

Stepping back from the table, she shuffled around to the other side of H’riel, leaving the area in front of the meat free, but giving her a good view of the other hatchlings. “Mhmm,” she said in reply to his question, craning her neck to see what may have hatched to Q’ellan. “I’m sure Xasheyth won’t mind, she’s excited about them.”

Eyes swirling with amusement, Xasheyth rumbled in that dragon kind of laughter. Yes, we have one. And I do not think he outranks you. I cannot imagine such a small thing could. He might try though, he seemed to be almost as bossy as Mine.

Nishi was too distracted by A’lori’s squeal to notice Xasheyth’s teasing, not that her Green was broadcasting to anyone else but Dwalath, but often riders could get that niggling feeling at the back of their mind. A lot like feeling your ears burning but given you shared a telepathic connection it’s was kinda like it was sitting just to the right of where Nishi liked her ponytail to sit. At least, that’s what it felt like to her.

The younger Green weyrling (not for long!) pretended to think about A’lori’s question for a little while. Pursing her lips and tilting her head from side to side while she looked at the Bronze, very close to sleep now, but who’d huffed in annoyance at the sound of excitement. Abruptly changing to a beaming smile, she laughed, “yeah, he does. I guess you picked the right egg.” Eyeing the other Red weyrling that walked over, Nishi bent to whisper to A’lori, “who else got what?”

She was partly enquiring about the eggs, and partly about who the others were. That was the worst part of having her own weyr now, she was further away from the action and it was hard to learn people’s names without actually having to talk to them. She had talked to Zilanie though, turning back to peer at the little green firelizard now nestled in the other weyrling’s arms. “Jungle seems like a lovely name for her. Hopefully she has less of a temper than it does though,” she added with a wink.

As Zilanie walked off, H’riel grabbed her attention once more, “Oh, I’m sure he does. But, we could just ask rather than wait around, if you’d like to leave. This is a little more excitement than I was expecting today, I can always find T’vye tomorrow.”

Spoiler for All the tags!:
Green Xasheyth

Offline H'riel

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2017, 12:21:43 AM »
H'riel wasn't entirely certain of the appropriate response to Nishi's suggestion they ask A'lori if he could give them the second egg so they could be done with it, eyes darting around the gathered weyrlings for a moment before focusing one again on his friend. Despite her verbalisation of his own feelings on the growing "excitement", Nishi seemed rather happy, though whether that was the correct emotion was hard to tell.

He seriously considered agreeing with her. Following her as she pulled the other greenrider closer to hurry the gift along, though truth be told there wasn't too much attention on him exactly. There was a lot of chatter about the newly hatched firelizards, but excepting Zilanie and A'lori himself, he and Nishi had been mostly left alone. Greetings aside, of course.

"That is alright, Nishi. I do not think we will have to wait too long. They seem to hatch quicker than dragon eggs at least." He said softly, shuffling that little bit too close to Nishi even as he attempted to reassure himself that he was perfectly find with the press of people around them.

At least he could rely on Nishi not to up and leave him to the weyrling barracks. If he just made sure to press close by her side and treat any conversational partners with the same courtesy he would give any of his peers, there shouldn't be too many issues. Besides. Most of those gathered were more than occupied with the creeling hatchlings to actually pay them any mind.

Dwalath stood slowly in his weyr, stretching his wings and resettling them to his back as Xasheyth gave him her thoughts on the matter. We will wait and see, then. He responded, words directed towards his rider as well as the green so none would wonder about his attentions.

May I join you, Xasheyth? He added privately to the green stepping away from his weyr to wait just outside hers. Some may assume it was the lingering bond after having caught Xasheyth so recently, though the brown had always been more prone to enjoying the company of other dragons than the solitude of his own ledge. Besides which, the heat of the day hadn't quite managed to pass from the stone floor, and he would much rather soak up the remaining warmth alongside the green while waiting for H'riel and Nishi's return than remaining solitary.

Spoiler for OOC:

Offline A'lori

• View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • green-weyrling.png
  • of Queriluth
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2017, 03:56:54 PM »
A’lori returned Nishi’s smile when she finally did answer, after a rather dramatic consideration of his question. Not that he minded—he was just happy that she liked the Bronze that had hatched for her. “Well, good. Hopefully everyone else agrees that’s had me pick one out for them.” Broadly speaking, A’lori had found that most people ended up fond of the little creatures even for their faults. But he would genuinely feel bad if any of the others who had gotten an egg from him ended up with a flit that didn’t suit them in some major way.

At her question, his expression was a little more apologetic. “I think I may have missed some, they’re all hatching so fast. Zilanie got a Green?” The other Green weyrling was already moving away. “I think Q’ellan’s dark little beauty was a Blue.” He gestured toward where the boy had disappeared too, back into the barracks proper. A’lori had only gotten a glimpse of his flit when it hatched. “Seems F’erro got a Blue as well.”

Looking over at the few remaining eggs, he picked out another that was beginning to rock impatiently—this one the orange-gold of a brightening sunrise—and offered it to H’riel and Nishi. “I’m still determined to get one of you a second one,” he explained with a smile, the egg cupped in his hands. “But if you want to make good on an escape after that, I won’t be offended.”

Spoiler for OOC:

Family Adoptables

Offline Nishi

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2017, 01:52:12 AM »
“Yeah,” nodded Nishi as A’lori made a mention of the other Green weyrling’s flit, “Zilanie has named hers Jungle, I believe, and yeah, she’s a Green… Q’ellan and F’erro. Hmm,” she rolled the names over her tongue, committing them to memory so she’d be able to recognise them in future. At least both of their dragonettes looked distinctive, although who was to say if they looked the same as they grew up. Xasheyth didn’t change much as she’d matured, but she’d known some that had, even those in her class. Some that darkened, some that’s markings faded, some who’d gained markings as they increased rapidly in size. And they didn’t know all that much about the Reds… Although those in her year’s Kalestath clutch hadn’t miraculously changed to a different colour, so she could probably guess the lovely wine colour, and the attractive spots would stay enough to let her identify both Reds in the future.

Spots and Q’ellan, wine and F’erro.

We could ask their names.

They’re in T’vye’s clutch. We’ll ask him when we next see him, A’lori is distracted.

You don’t want him to know you don’t know their names.

Obviously… We like Queriluth and A’lori.

An amused humming filled her mind, not in disagreement, just in knowing. Of course Nishi wanted to impress those that she liked, and it wasn’t really lying if they just didn’t mention they didn’t know their names. It was just… subtly creating an image that wasn’t wholly correct… out of love.

She twisted her head a little to try and get a better view of F’erro, she was very good at learning faces and people, but she still needed enough time to find distinctive features. Her attention on her task, she didn’t register H’riel being so close as a sign of him being uncomfortable. Given how tactile a person she was, she was so used to being stuck to people’s side, she didn’t think about it. She should have, but Nishi wasn’t great with change, and even though this was super exciting, she wasn’t quite processing things as well as she should.

At first, she’d been super focused on her Bronze, now she was super focused on the Reds. It wasn’t quite Nishi’s usual self, but it was close enough. It was probably a good thing H’riel was looking for an out, and that A’lori had graciously given them one, because eventually Nishi would have to deal with the responsibility of having a flitter, and Nishi both loved and was incredibly stressed by responsibility she hadn’t prepared herself for, for months, or years, or her whole life.

Brought back a little from what could have been a disconcertingly focused gaze, Nishi laughed at A’lori’s gracious offer to escape. “I see, you only wanted us for the eggs, now you’re immediately trying to get rid of us,” Nishi flipped her hair with a sigh, “well, I’m sure H’riel is still willing to help you out by taking a second egg. But we’ll be coming for you for training advise, as revenge.”

Back at the weyr, Xasheyth shuffled a little to the side. Please do, the Green replied in a lazy croon, before adding with a touch of amusement, we can judge the new editions together.
Green Xasheyth

Offline H'riel

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2017, 06:15:07 PM »
With Xasheyth's permission, Dwalath ambled forward to join her on the ledge, rumbling his thanks as he made himself comfortable. He did not speak to her further, content to simply wait in her company than worry about further conversation. There was little point in speculating any more about the little creatures. Only so much could be gleaned through H'riel's eyes and he'd much rather experience them first hand.

It did, fortunately, distract him from identifying where Nishi's conversation was going, H'riel having taken to simply stroking the small blue who was trying very hard to stay awake, the soft humming sporadic as he found himself dozing despite himself. Nishi had the conversation well in hand, and with nothing to contribute himself giving attention to the new creature in his hand seemed a good way to pass the time.

It was his name that drew him away, having assumed that A'lori was still simply conversing with Nishi until she'd mentioned him. "Hmm? Oh. Yes. Of course." He agreed quickly, cheeks reddening at having been caught not paying attention. A'lori had apparently picked out a second egg for them, just as Nishi had said he was, his face beaming as he held out the shaking object towards them.

Slightly flustered, the missed social cue combined with the still crowded area, H'riel hesitated as he tried to figure out how he was supossed to take the egg with a firelizard already in his hand. "Wait here a moment, please, Chirp." He murmured to the blue, giving him another gentle stroke as he shifted the firelizard off his hand and onto the table, the motion waking him up a little and rewarding the brown-weyrling with a soft warble. His attention immediately shifted to the egg A'lori was holding out, and he instantly resumed the odd parody of a hatching song as he crooned to the shaking egg.

"Thank you again, A'lori." H'riel said in all seriousness, holding his hand out to receive the egg from the other weyrling. "I would very much appreciate assistance in training them, as well." He added, ears reddening ever so slightly as he tried to make up for his floundering earlier. Having at least managed to catch Nishi's words, though the teasing tone did, as usual, go over his head.

Spoiler for OOC:

Tags: open 

OOC Recent

by Inki
[Today at 06:14:21 PM]

[Today at 05:31:09 PM]

by Kyya
[Today at 03:10:26 PM]

[Today at 12:06:13 PM]

[Today at 12:05:03 PM]

[Today at 08:03:03 AM]

[Today at 07:55:22 AM]