Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

Required Reading
links to read before you join

Ic Info
Character information, Applications, and Adoptables

Bestiarum
The notable fauna of SWW

OOC Extras
Fun things around the forum to wittle at time between posts or links to OOC info

A comprehensive list of links to all our info

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
7.2591 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every OOC week. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Whers here, though not for firelizards.  There are Candidate events, Weyrling classes, Holder plots, and Crafthall developments -- a little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!

Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a colored name here.

Remember,
this holds no IC consequence and is only for fun.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Closed Event [ 6.10.2590 ] Rock the Boat  (Read 1330 times)

Offline Southern Records

• Admin Account
  • Dispersing Knowledge
    • View Profile
[ 6.10.2590 ] Rock the Boat
« on: October 12, 2017, 04:55:50 PM »
Rock the Boat

6.10.2590 // 10:20 am
Since discovering the existence of sharpfish midway through Month 8, the Fishers and the Wings that assist them have been catching any of the creatures they can to help better feed the Weyr. Despite some dissent amongst the Pernese population, the Weyr Leadership’s official stance has been that these are a source of food. Particularly as the sharpfish still do not show any signs of telepathic or empathetic ability, they are regarded at large as just another type of large animal that can provide food.

These creatures have already developed a reputation as difficult to catch and kill—and ferocious when they are snared. But on this particular morning, the sharpfish retaliate against the boats that have been preying upon them.

What does this mean?
Previously, the sharpfish have only been caught singularly or in pairs, though they’ve been sighted out to sea in slightly larger groups. Today, however, ten or so take it upon themselves to attack the Fishers out in the Cove. This is a sign not only that the creatures have grown more aggressive with time, but also that they are capable of working together in larger numbers.

This was previously unrevealed since we wanted to keep it under wraps for this event, but we’re also adding yet another award egg!

Ocean Survivor ||
This award is granted for participating in a Sharpfish attack via an IC post.

Beach Wing & Prairie Wing
At the time the attack starts, only Beach Wing is aiding the Fishers, with the smaller colors generally closer to the beach and the larger dragons. However, Prairie Wing will be pulled from their dragon drills to assist in dealing with the problem; was with Beach, Bronzes, Browns, and larger Blues will be directed to help fend off the creatures. Smaller Blues and Greens will be tasked with getting as many of the Fishers and their boats back to shore as possible.

Weyrfolk, Crafters & Candidates
The Fishers will obviously be involved in this event, as will any weyrfolk or Candidates that are currently helping them with their tasks. Any other Crafters currently in the Bowl—such as the Herders and Farmers—will likely also come running to aid their fellows. Healers will also be sent for since some people and dragons will suffer bites and other injuries from the sharpfish.

IC Thread

Participating
M'rek
Fisk || K'rez
Arinada
K'mar || Z'tai
Murrinah || Morhea || Ehrran
Tolanna
T'kray
Vickmarra
Thoridan
Tircin

Checked In
M'dak || Inanna || Paylae || Iralye || Y'tol || B'ron || Z'ryr || X'rine || J'sen || W'um || Gwinn || Mauddra || Elrost || Vironethian || Kenna || Elrethra || Allevaithe || Ysveta || Tresrissa || P'run || Q'ellan
Tolanna
Z'tai || K'mar || Phaedralena || Callista || M'kale || N'iko || Aldrekayn || Kharismene
Keron || Neriherem || Kyareena || Tiynnalacia || Omenya || Nishi || W'lleni || T'stann || Galve || Vorianna || B'lye || C'bryn
I'ryn || Isotarïne || L'ren || Esclamonde || Thiis || Velatha || Notkerric || T'vil
Droissa || Nieve || Penderton || C'dus || Saviavi || Nealros || Bekareni || F'erro || T'rel
Remmalthira || Ilse || Palissa,|| Albree || Eimerra || Tallorine ||  Yestine || Unavin
Saidra || Arlais || Saer || Kerenya || R'eso
Oarlen || K'zaya || Sokon || Nycolus || X'kis || Berlya || Tayvelle || Wa'by || T'vye || D'mir || H'riel || Testhinia || Nalata

Participation
Standard event participation practice applies. Post in the event thread or here giving us a sentence or two as to what your character might be doing at this time. If you miss 5 events in a row, your account will be deemed inactive. If you are posting elsewhere but skipping the events, remember : we do not require IC participation. Simply post here under your Player account and let us know what's going on with your character.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 05:03:42 PM by Southern Records »
This is the admin account for Southern Winds Weyr. All records, notes, and items of import come from here.

If you have questions, shoot us a PM @ Southern Records!

SWW Staff
SanctifiedSavage || SirAlahn || Weyrhandler

Offline Inki

Re: [ 6.10.2590 ] Rock the Boat
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 05:10:33 PM »
I'm soooooo excited

Who I am planning to post with:
Fisk - I'm going to put him out in the cove... on a different row boat.
K'rez - Will rush in with the lovely Prairie riders
Allevaithe - Needs a little love, so she'll be on land helping to gut fish.

I have a few others who I may put in as it goes - Inanna, M'dak and Z'ryr, they will all be doing their protect people thing anyways, but the rest are unnecessary for this.

Fisk || M'dak || Inanna || Paylae || Iralye || Y'tol || B'ron || K'rez || Z'ryr || X'rine || J'sen || W'um || Gwinn || Mauddra || Fisk || Elrost || Vironethian || Kenna || Elrethra || Allevaithe || Ysveta || Tresrissa || P'run || Q'ellan

Added: Inki

Offline CatTiff

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 05:49:39 PM »
YAY Well I get to get my Fisher into Action as with her Whers so here goes

Arinada is in a Boat her Whers are on the shore as she will not let them in a boat

THe others are not there

Added : SirAlahn
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 08:38:34 PM by SirAlahn »
Family for Isalia, Family for Nalise, Family for Raindon, and Plottage for M'lan, Plottage for Zilanie

Offline Yahrlan

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 07:47:44 PM »
Tolanna might come to the beach to help.
If I can get my rider app done, Rinneir and Deyith will be out fishing for overboard fishers.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 08:38:39 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline Lyndi

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 08:29:34 PM »
Z'tai, K'mar, and Phaedralena will all be there! Not sure yet if I'll be posting the latter, but the first two will be posted first thing tomorrow morning.

The rest are uninvolved and will find out about the attack later.

Code: [Select]
[{Callista}] | [{Mkale}] | [{Niko}] | [{Aldrekayn}] | [{Kharismene}]
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 08:38:45 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline RaynePOTM

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 09:58:42 PM »
This is the greatest thing. I'm so ready for my evil murder fish.  :shock:

UNFORTUNATELY there aren't many of my babies available to help. Maybe I'll throw Tiy in there... or T'stann. Or no one 'cos I'm an ass. WE'LL SEE.

[{Keron}] || [{Neriherem}] || [{Kyareena}] || [{Tiynnalacia}] || [{Omenya}] || [{Nishi}] || [{Wlleni}] || [{Tstann}] || [{Galve}] || [{Vorianna}] || [{Blye}] || [{Cabryn}]

« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 10:06:36 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline laceface

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 11:18:50 PM »
I'mma toss T'kray, I'ryn, and Isotarïne into this hopefully.

Everyone else isn't involved.

[{lren}} || [{esclamonde}] || [{thiis}] || [{velatha}] || [{Notkerric}] || [{Tvil}]

« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 11:22:44 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline Drewliet

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 04:21:41 PM »
Saviavi and possibly Nieve will be there, but I won't be posting them because they'll be pretty unaffected physically, with Savi not wanting to risk further injury by diving into the fray and Nieve just.. not caring about other people.

Everyone else will hear about it and this will probably cement their respective feelings toward shipfish.

[{droissa}] || [{nieve}] || [{penderton}] || [{cdus}] || [{saviavi}] || [{nealros}] || [{bekareni}] || [{ferro}] || [{trel}]
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 04:29:29 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline Beasty

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 06:08:54 PM »
Whhoo! I actually have muse and time to post three characters! whhhaaatttt!!??? LOL

Morhea - is one of the healers coming to help treat any injured.
Ehrran - is assigned to fishcraft for candidate duties and is helping haul the catch in off the boats to be processed when the attack happens
Murrinah -  while tending the runners she hears the muffled commotion that there is an issue in the cove and runs to help

|| [{morhea}] || [{Remmalthira}] || [{Murrinah}] || [{Ilse}] || [{Palissa}],|| [{Albree}] || [{Ehrran}] || [{Eimerra}] || [{Tallorine}] ||  [{Yestine}] || [{Unavin}]

Offline Kyya

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 12:42:39 AM »
Vickmarra Is in.

I'm going to try and get Oarlen and K'zaya in as well. Though K'zaya has priority. And I'm doing some other posts first.

Beyond that. No-one else is present.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 05:02:20 PM by Weyrhandler »

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2017, 04:58:13 PM »
Tircin can be injured by one of the sharpfish and rescued by a Rider.

[{saidra}] || [{arlais}] || [{saer}] || [{kerenya}] || [{reso}]
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 08:22:19 PM by Dragon »
Saidra || R'eso || Arlais || Ilue || Saer || Lorna || Kerenya || Tircin
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person

Offline Red

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2017, 05:58:33 AM »
V'len, T'lor, and T'nax would all be there to help with their wings respectively.

Araena, T'veck, U'thar, Kaladesi, Calladren, Kyohei, would not be around to help, though they will be concerned with the aftermath.

Tags:

OOC Recent

[November 03, 2018, 03:25:57 AM]

[October 31, 2018, 06:04:31 PM]

[October 29, 2018, 08:01:51 PM]

[October 29, 2018, 05:09:15 AM]

[October 25, 2018, 03:29:35 PM]

[October 25, 2018, 01:32:31 PM]

[October 25, 2018, 12:43:27 AM]

[October 24, 2018, 05:46:08 PM]

by Inki
[October 20, 2018, 06:20:59 AM]

[October 15, 2018, 10:40:46 PM]

[October 15, 2018, 12:17:45 PM]

by Inki
[October 12, 2018, 04:52:17 AM]

by Inki
[October 12, 2018, 03:23:05 AM]

[October 12, 2018, 02:38:47 AM]

[October 11, 2018, 11:45:32 PM]
Pern RPs | Other RPs
Red River Weyr - 3rd Pass Pern RP Rainbow Mists Weyr Canyon River Weyr | RPG-D
Fortune Favors the Brave | World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP OSH
Under the Wings Pern Unbound | Xenedria: Scifi Master/slave RPG
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!

Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! |
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Blood Law - Anitaverse RPG Open Affiliate!
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!