Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

Required Reading
links to read before you join

Ic Info
Character information, Applications, and Adoptables

Bestiarum
The notable fauna of SWW

OOC Extras
Fun things around the forum to wittle at time between posts or links to OOC info

A comprehensive list of links to all our info

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
5.2591 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every OOC week. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Whers here, though not for firelizards.  There are Candidate events, Weyrling classes, Holder plots, and Crafthall developments -- a little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!

Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a colored name here.

Remember,
this holds no IC consequence and is only for fun.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: An evening in [10.02.2591 7PM] Jossekayne  (Read 792 times)

Offline J'ken

• View Profile
  • turns old
  • blue-rider.png
  • of Tadriath
  • Bonded to two firelizard(s)
  • Typhoon & Gem
  • Jarakrisafis
An evening in [10.02.2591 7PM] Jossekayne
« on: March 06, 2018, 03:50:15 AM »
J'ken gave Tadriaths side a slightly more solid kick as he went past a second time, since the first hadn't caused more than a twitch of his tail. “Shift over, they'll be here soon. Lyrisi will land on you if you don't move.” The blue hide still had a faint hint of grey in it, despite him having eaten as soon as they returned, but he really did have to get out of the way. The blue huffed and moved to one side of the entrance to the weyr, an incoherent rumble his only audible response as he stretched back out into what remained of the evening sunlight. The brown necklace draped over his dragons neck gave a startled squawk at the movement before settling back down.

J'ken didn't blame them, they'd been out nearly a week on their last assignment when they'd only planned to take four days. Bad weather deciding to mess up all their carefully planned schedules and route. They'd had to fly out of the storm, since he'd rather not catch a cold from going between while soaked to the skin and then spent a couple of days drying out and trying to finish what they'd been sent to catalogue. He's not entirely sure how coherent his report was, (he remembered waving his pack at B'lye at some point, the sharding thing was probably the only thing to have stayed dry), his mind had been entirely fixed on the thought of a hot bath and then a decent nap.

Gem let out a sleepy chirrup from round his neck as he set cutlery and the covered food dishes he'd liberated from the kitchens on the table. Joss would likely do more damage to his hide than a Hunter if he tried to feed her food he'd cooked himself. J'ken chuckled, picturing his sister in his mind and Gem perked up a little with a happy trill. “Yeah, know how you feel love.” He wandered back towards the entrance to his weyr to wait. It's a pity the rest of his family were busy, or maybe not, he wasn't quite sure he'd be able to handle them all right now. Probably best it was just Joss tonight.

Spoiler for OOC:
@SirAlahn Let me know if anything needs changing. I suck at titles and chose a random date a few days before the Hunter thread.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 12:12:02 PM by Southern Records »
Length: 28.2M, Height: 5.7M, Wingspan: 47M

Offline Jossekayne

Re: An evening in [10.02.2591 7PM] Jossekayne
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 12:54:03 PM »
No matter the fact that they were all living in the same Weyr, Jo still relished all the chances she got to spend time with her family. Considering how many lives the Pass had claimed, they’d gotten lucky. That not only their father but all her brothers were still alive was more than many could have asked for. It hadn’t made the sting of losing their mother any less, but that had been many turns ago now. Time had softened it, if nothing else.

Nevertheless, if there was one lesson Jossekayne had learned from that, it was to live in the moment. So when J’ken had returned from his latest assignment with Mountain Wing, she’d been quick and eager to pin him down for some time together. A quiet little dinner between just the two of them sounded great.

Once Beach Wing had finished its duties for the day, it had taken all her self-control not to simply rush up to her brother’s weyr. But she knew he probably wouldn’t appreciate her arriving smelling of sea salt and fish—so she’d made a quick stop by the Bathing Springs to rinse off the day before Lyrisiveth ferried her higher in the Weyr Bowl.

As the Green landed on the weyr ledge, she reached out to the older Blue with a pleasant hum. Evening, Tadriath. If he was partial to company as well, she’d remain there with him while their riders ate.

Jo’s long hair was loose and still damp as she stepped into the interior of the weyr, smiling broadly and waving to J’ken. “Hey, you.” Perched on her shoulder, Amber curiously peered around at their surroundings, head bobbing slightly as he took it all in.

Offline J'ken

• View Profile
  • turns old
  • blue-rider.png
  • of Tadriath
  • Typhoon & Gem
  • Jarakrisafis
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 08:53:29 AM »
J'ken stepped back inside as Lyrisiveth landed, giving Joss room to dismount without falling over him. It was good to see her in one piece, even without thread it never seemed any less dangerous here and he worried everytime he went out that he'd come back from an assignment to find some dire news about one of them waiting for him.

Good evening. Echoed through his mind and he got the feeling Tadriath hadn't really been meaning to broadcast that to him as the blue courteously lifted a wing in an invitation to the smaller green to curl up. If it wasn't for the fact that Tadriath tried to let him know when Lyrisiveth was rising so they could leave, J'ken would swear he was sweet on her.

He surreptitiously checked the stone was still in place under one of the table legs, throwing dinner over her wouldn't make him very popular. One day he'd make a new table, but it wasn't likely to be much better, his carpentry skill had gotten as far as making sure the legs didn't fall off despite the knocks it took. Younger siblings could be hard on furniture, which was the reason for trying his hand at making the table and slightly wobbly stools in the first place so that his bed would stop being stolen as it had been the only place to sit down.

J'ken grinned, he gave her enough time to get inside and wave before pulling her into a hug and swinging her round, ignoring any surprise or admonishment from the flits attached to them. “It's good to see you.” He said over her shoulder before putting her back on her feet, swiping a hand across his face. “Gah. Wet hair!”

Offline Jossekayne

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 11:58:12 AM »
Lyrisiveth purred when Tadriath lifted a wing for her, happily sliding beneath it so she could curl against his side. She enjoyed physical affection from other dragons anyway, and she’d always been fond of those bonded to Jo’s brothers. Though she wasn’t attempting to be flirtatious, she did drape her tail over his as she leaned against him. How was your assignment? Though the Green was not part of Mountain Wing herself, she liked to hear what J’ken and Tadriath did while they were away from the Weyr.

When J’ken actively picked her up and swung her around, Jo squealed a laugh and clung to him until he set her back on her feet. Amber was incredibly less amused, hissing as he dug his claws against her shoulder, though his protest wasn’t really heated. And Jossekayne did wince a little at the feel of his little talons, but the pinpricks didn’t even really break the skin.

“It’s good to see you too,” she said with a grin. “Yeah, sorry about the hair. But I figured you’d prefer that to me stinking of fish and seaweed.”

Offline J'ken

• View Profile
  • turns old
  • blue-rider.png
  • of Tadriath
  • Typhoon & Gem
  • Jarakrisafis
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 02:38:55 AM »
Cold. Tadriath said as he laid his wing over the smaller dragon with a contented hum. Bad storm. Had to go to ground.. He brought up a memory of the storm from under a rocky ledge where they'd hunkered down, the rain driving past at a near horizontal angle as lightning lit up the sky and shared it with her. I told J'ken to ask for somewhere warmer next time.

“I'll take the hair I think.” J'ken muttered as he made a face at the alternative option. Seaweed and fish, yuck. There were times Mountain wing was a boon, and very little fish related duties was definitely one of them. He'd take a storm over fish any day despite Tadriaths protests.

He swept a hand around to indicate she should enter. “I... liberated... some dinner from the kitchens. Father said he'd rather I not poison you. I'm now hoping it's not fish.” He'd lifted the lid before he brought it up just to check that there was enough, but hadn't really looked at what it was. Lingering remembrance of harder times when food was scarce and you ate what you could had left its mark.

Offline Jossekayne

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 05:30:55 PM »
I hope you will get to go somewhere you like. Lyrisiveth crooned to Tadriath as he relayed the memory of the storm. It reminded her of the way the rains completely took over Fort Island during the monsoon season. Such strong winds and driving water weren’t completely unknown for them either, but at least it was warm at the Weyr.

“That’s what I thought.” Jo couldn’t help but grin at her brother as she helped Amber reposition himself on her shoulder. “I didn’t really want to chase you away again so soon just because I stink.”

She turned to the table then, appreciatively inspecting the food that he’d laid out. “I appreciate you not trying to poison me,” she teased, peering past J’ken’s shoulder to eye the meal more closely. “Really, I won’t mind even if it is fish. So long as it’s not something you cooked.” Playfully, she elbowed him in the side.

Offline J'ken

• View Profile
  • turns old
  • blue-rider.png
  • of Tadriath
  • Typhoon & Gem
  • Jarakrisafis
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 02:57:06 PM »
Warm, with sand. Tadriath said with a contented rumble.

J'ken chuckled as he caught the edge of that wistful comment and glanced over at their dragons before lifting the lid and actually looking at the contents of the pot. “And we have... Not fish.” He said with an exaggerated sigh of relief before spooning some out into the two bowls and handing one over, absently holding a chunk of meat up for Gem who trilled in delight.

“So, anything interesting happening? What's the gossip?” He made sure to take a step away and put the table between them before sitting down with a grin and continuing. “Found a weyrmate I should be threatening yet?”

Offline Jossekayne

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 02:09:20 PM »
Lyrisiveth trilled a lazy laugh. Maybe J’ken can convince your Wingleader t’ send you somewhere in the south. It’s warm and sandy down there without the Beach Snakes, hmm?

“Must be our lucky day.” Without realizing it, Jo echoed her brother’s sigh; though she wasn’t the sort to complain about whatever food happened to be available, it was still nice to eat something other than fish now and again. She knew from her time in the kitchens, and growing up her father’s daughter, that they interspersed meals like that on purpose. If possible, keeping up morale with variety was always a good step when the world seemed to be ending.

Once J’ken had handed over the second bowl, she took a bite of the meat and settled happily into the chair across from him. Though his playful question did draw a mock scowl. “Not so far,” she mused, though there was a bit of complication there she wasn’t sure she wanted to share. Then, more slyly, she added, “I could ask you the same question, but sometimes I think you run away with Mountain Wing just to avoid having your siblings ask about your love life.”

Offline J'ken

• View Profile
  • turns old
  • blue-rider.png
  • of Tadriath
  • Typhoon & Gem
  • Jarakrisafis
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 03:28:05 PM »
Tadriath crooned happily at the idea, I'll tell him to be very convincing.

J'ken barked a laugh as she adeptly turned his own question back on him. “Got me their Joss.” He said with a grin as he waved his spoon at her. “You're all nosy blighters who can't keep a secret so I get as far away from y'all as I can.” He ladled out another mouthful of stew, eating it slowly before answering, letting her wait. “And no, nothing permanent.”

He paused before adding quickly, “and that's not an invitation for any of you to start meddling again!” He still wasn't sure who had tried to go all matchmaker a few years ago, but he really didn't want a repeat.

Offline Jossekayne

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2018, 05:47:04 PM »
I’m sure he will be.

“It’s only because we care about you. And you’re the oldest.” Jo fell silent a moment as she ate; the food really was good, and after a long day it hit just the spot. But his eventual answer—and quick addition—made her grin again after she’d swallowed another mouthful of stew. “Holders might argue that you should find someone before the rest of us do. Otherwise it isn’t proper.”

Of course, their family was not the sort to care about that kind of thing at all. But it was fun to rib him. “Besides, if you won’t go out look for someone, I think we’re obligated to.”

Offline J'ken

• View Profile
  • turns old
  • blue-rider.png
  • of Tadriath
  • Typhoon & Gem
  • Jarakrisafis
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2018, 10:40:45 AM »
J'ken smiled happily as Joss dug in, skipping meals wasn't good for anyone, let alone an active rider and there was silence for a moment as he took another mouthful of stew. Then he nearly spat it back out as he laughed at her response.

Proper!

Oh Faranth, that was good. Proper indeed. He had to wait till his chuckles had died down so that he could speak.

“Well, if you can find me and Tad a nice partner, who can get along with the entire family, then you've seen something around here that I haven't.” He pushed his bowl aside with a last forlorn look at it, that was good stew. “Just remember that if you do find someone, then being a proper older brother,  I'd have to ensure that you are also set up.” He grinned as he pointed his spoon at her as he spoke.

Offline Jossekayne

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2018, 03:40:38 PM »
It was good to hear her brother laugh. Moments like these always reminded Jo of just what all this was for—the hard work, the long hours, and the sometime thanklessness of the job. But after everything the people of Pern had suffered during the Pass, there were still times where she could eat with her family, and tease them, and things seemed… well, not perfect, because they never were, but happy.

Sharing their familial appetite, she was done with the stew shortly after J’ken was, licking the remainder from the spoon before letting it rattle into the bowl. The food had been delicious, and she was glad of it even though she could have easily eaten more.

“I’m always on the lookout,” Jossekayne told him gravely, though there was a telltale twinkle in her eyes. “Dad’s been patient, but I’m sure he wants grandchildren. It’s only a matter of time before he starts asking about it.” Stretching some, she leaned back in her chair, feeling much more relaxed and at ease after the meal. “And since you’re the oldest, you’re first in line.”

Another playful jab. To Weyrfolk, the order of things like that never really mattered.

Offline J'ken

• View Profile
  • turns old
  • blue-rider.png
  • of Tadriath
  • Typhoon & Gem
  • Jarakrisafis
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2018, 06:24:13 AM »
J'ken narrowed his eyes at his sister, he was sure that was the 'I know something you don't' look. As such, he waggled the spoon he was still holding and said with a firm tone, “You. Are hiding something from me.” Maybe. He wasn't actually sure, but long years with younger siblings had taught him a good lesson; act as if you already know or are sure you are right and they might just slip.

He piled the bowls into the basket ready to take back down at some point and stood up sweeping one arm towards the entrance as he waited for her to respond. It was warm enough that sitting in the entrance to the Weyr, especially with Tad and Lyrisi behind them would be nice and cosy. Tadriath clearly caught his thought and shifted enough to open up a space between his front paws.

Bring a pillow to sit on. The blue said with a hint of amusement. You said that you are getting old and you needed padding last time because you fell asleep. Of course, he chose to remember that now, and probably let Lyrisiveth hear it knowing his dragons sense of humour.

Offline Jossekayne

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2018, 07:15:34 PM »
At J’ken’s accusation, Jo just laughed. “Who, me? Never.” It was only partly in jest—she’d never been the sort to keep something from her family. The lot of them had grown up being open with one another, and that was one of the things she loved about them most. The only exception to that rule would be in the case of a good-natured surprise or prank.

Sliding her brother her bowl as he stacked them, she waved one hand dismissively. “But really, I promise I’m not. If I knew anyone I thought you’d like, I’d have introduced you by now. And there’s some people whose company I like, but it’s not anything serious.” Not yet, anyway. Jo wouldn’t be opposed to that changing between her and Quenneca, but sometimes the other woman just seemed so oblivious to her flirting. Jo wasn’t sure if it was a purposeful deflection or just lost in translation.

She stood when J’ken gestured toward the entrance of the weyr, though she did cock her head slightly as Lyrisiveth—laughing—passed on what Tadriath had shared. Her grin was wolfish then. “Iris says you need a pillow for your ass?” Crooning, she added slyly, “I promise not to tell our brothers if you do. There’s no shame in getting old.”

Offline J'ken

• View Profile
  • turns old
  • blue-rider.png
  • of Tadriath
  • Typhoon & Gem
  • Jarakrisafis
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2018, 04:12:24 PM »
He was still sure there was something there, but Joss would tell him when she was ready, pushing would just get him a grumpy sister. She didn't tend to keep secrets. He stepped round their dragons, depositing Gem onto Tadriath as he went, the firelizard happily curled up next to Typhoon.

And then... there it was, Tadriath and Lyrisiveth had done it again. Dumped in the sharding pit by his own dragon. Again. He turned to give Joss a stern look (the one that had been labelled 'big brother look number four' by one of his siblings).

“You will say not one word little sister!” J'ken said as he settled himself between Tadriaths front legs, “I fell asleep so of course I was stiff when I woke up.” He paused for a moment when he realised what he just said. “Not a word!”

Tadriath rumbled behind him, laughter echoing in his mind as he sighed in resignation. Teasing is the staple of the family and being tired is a good guarantee that he'd lose. Not that he'd change anything, he'd be more upset if they didn't tease him, there would be something wrong then. Still, he's not going to live this one down for weeks.

Offline Jossekayne

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2018, 06:49:43 PM »
J’ken’s stern look just made her laugh. There had been a time, when she was very young, when it might have cowed her. But they had both come a long way since then. And now, his attempt to salvage his pride just had Jossekayne grinning all the more toothily. “Are you so old now that you’re falling asleep wherever you sit? Should I be worried about you out on your assignments?”

Highly amused, Lyrisiveth shifted next to Tadriath to make room for her rider between her paws. Settling against the Green’s leg, Jo contemplated how else to tease her brother. “If I do ever find someone you might like, I’ll have to tell them you like your naps. We can’t have them thinking you’re some young thing that doesn’t need a pillow to sit on.”

There might be only five turns between them, but the concept of it seemed so much bigger. J’ken was her older brother, their ages different enough that she had still been a child as he came into adulthood. Teasing aside, it was odd to think that, now they were both adults, the gap meant far less than it used to.

Offline J'ken

• View Profile
  • turns old
  • blue-rider.png
  • of Tadriath
  • Typhoon & Gem
  • Jarakrisafis
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2018, 06:35:07 AM »
Stretching out and staring over the bowl J'ken grinned. “Maybe I'll have to start asking for easier assignments. Trust me, growing old isn't fun. Everything aches, and you need help to do things. Soon I'll need help carrying things, but I'm sure you'll be willing to help a poor, suffering brother until you find me somebody wouldn't you?”

You don't ache that much.

Shush, you. I have an argument to win here.

Oh. There was mental silence for a short moment before Tadriath spoke again. J'ken would really appreciate the help Jossekayne. J'ken managed to keep a straight face at his dragons... help. Truthfully though he was more surprised than anything else, Tadriath didn't tend to speak to anyone but him, his siblings being the rare exception from time to time.

Offline Jossekayne

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2018, 01:35:22 PM »
Jossekayne had never had much occasion to hear Tadriath’s voice, so she was surprised to recognize it as he reached out to her now. The deep, almost solemn rumble of it filled her thoughts as he spoke, and it seemed almost like she could feel it in her bones. Lyrisiveth’s projections were so much bubblier and lighter in comparison, even when her voice did dip into something deeper when she ‘laughed’ telepathically.

With grave seriousness, she told both J’ken and his dragon, “Of course. What kind of sister would I be if I let you struggle along like an invalid?”

She couldn’t hold the expression, though, and turned to look out over the Bowl in order to hide some of her subsequent smile. “I’m sure the others would be willing to switch out with me to make sure you’re chaperoned at all times. We can’t have you falling and hurting yourself either.”

Offline J'ken

• View Profile
  • turns old
  • blue-rider.png
  • of Tadriath
  • Typhoon & Gem
  • Jarakrisafis
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2018, 04:34:56 PM »
There we go. See. Jossekayne will help you.

J'ken let his head fall back against Tadriath's hide and let out a put upon sigh. He may as well give up before he gave her any more ammunition to use against him. He only seemed to be digging deeper holes. “Round to you Joss.” He said with a grin. Good thing they didn't keep count (he'd probably be losing too).

“Still enjoying Beach duties? Nobody in your wing I need to hunt down and give a talking to? Sure you don't want to move to Mountain?” He asked in a small barrage before she could make another comment on his age. It usually worked, although it was admittedly better when the whole family was gathered together. By the time several answers had been shouted out over each other they all forgot they'd just been teasing him.

Tags:

OOC Recent

by Inki
[Today at 04:15:41 PM]

[Today at 12:49:35 PM]

[Today at 11:52:13 AM]

[Yesterday at 03:33:24 PM]

[August 12, 2018, 09:39:07 PM]

[August 12, 2018, 08:57:09 PM]

[August 12, 2018, 08:23:03 AM]

by Inki
[August 11, 2018, 08:01:55 PM]
Pern RPs | Other RPs
Red River Weyr - 3rd Pass Pern RP Rainbow Mists Weyr Canyon River Weyr | RPG-D
Fortune Favors the Brave | World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP OSH
Kitaro Weyr Under the Wings | Xenedria: Scifi Master/slave RPG Open Affiliate!
Pern Unbound | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!

Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! |
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Blood Law - Anitaverse RPG Open Affiliate!
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!