Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
3.2591 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every OOC week. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Flits here, as well as whers.  There are Candidate events and classes and Crafter plots. A little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!

Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a colored name here.

Remember,
this holds no IC consequence and is only for fun.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Finding his niche in a strange place [3.2591. 12pm]  (Read 187 times)

Offline Ahlanour

• Just arrived
    • View Profile

• He/Him
  • turns old
  • candidate.png
  • Blackbird
Finding his niche in a strange place [3.2591. 12pm]
« on: May 18, 2018, 07:03:14 PM »
Being in the Weyr was... unbelievable.

Ahlanour could never have imagined he'd be Searched. It hadn't even been the slightest possibility to him. Sure, like many other children he'd dreamed of it. Dreamed of flying on the back of a Dragon, miles upon miles above the ground. But he'd never thought, in a million turns, there would be the slightest chance he'd ever leave Tellik, and now he found himself never having to return again.

He'd found himself wandering the Weyr in a daze. Ahlanour had been given a tour, and so he didn't worry about getting lost. Besides, if he had to, he could always just stop and ask someone the way back to the Candidate's Hall. It was the sound of crafting that drew him, the familiar clanging of hammers against metal.

Like a moth to a flame, he followed the sound, soon coming across the crafters' caves. And here, he felt at home. And, there! Supplies for glass-blowing! He was quick to pull on an apron, and get to work.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 07:35:46 PM by Ahlanour »

Offline Sionann

• Be prepared to appreciate what you meet
    • View Profile

• She/Her/Hers
  • turns old
  • candidate.png
  • Bonded to one firelizard(s)
  • Tavi
  • Wren
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
Re: Finding his niche in a strange place [3.2591. 12pm]
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 09:38:51 AM »
As generally the Crafter hall wasn't the kind of place that she would just randomly wander into, particularly as no one enjoyed or appreciated the presence of someone who has no idea of what was going on and would, therefore, have the tendency of being in the wrong place at the wrong time or just having accidents; such as knocking items over.

Thankfully, Sionann did have some justification for being here. While she - like many others - tended to her own needs when it came to many items, there were times when help was necessary. Especially when it came to items made of glass.

Inherently fragile it wasn't uncommon for something to break even with the best care being taken to avoid that happening. Sionann was actually here not for a replacement but to collect an order that had been placed by the Healers. She still helped from time to time, familiar places and faces being somewhat comforting when everything else seemed otherwise determined to change. Although not yet in the way that Sionann would most like; namely Impressing a dragon.

As she arrived, Sionann knew that she likely stood out and so she headed towards the nearest person who didn't seem to be overwhelmingly busy "Excuse me, I'm supposed to be collecting the order for the Healer hall... do you know where it is?" she inquired, polite and with a vague kind of smile.

Offline Ahlanour

• Just arrived
    • View Profile

• He/Him
  • turns old
  • candidate.png
  • Blackbird
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 09:27:47 PM »
This forge was not his own.

He knew his forge like he knew himself. He knew how temperamental it was, knew exactly how much fuel it needed to reach the temperatures he needed. He knew exactly how long he needed to hold the glass in the flames for it to take the shape he needed, exactly as he wanted.

But this was a strange forge. Despite what one may think, not all forges were the same, each one had their own temperaments, their own needs. And so he had decided to make something simple, merely a cup. They were easy, and something he had made a thousand times over.

So far, it was going well. He'd heated up his pipe long enough for it to glow red, telling him it was hot enough for what he needed. He had gathered enough glass on the end of it for what he needed, before resting it on a table, allowing the glass to drip from the pipe. Then he had used a towel to wipe the glass into an egg shape.

Then, he took a deep breath, before blowing into the pipe, then pressed his thumb onto the end to form a bubble inside what would be a cup.

He approached the forge, again, setting the pipe into the heat and beginning to count in his head. 'One, two, three,' A girl suddenly walked into the Crafters Hall, and he looked up for a moment, before turning his attention back to the forge.

To his annoyance, she approached him, and he didn't look at her as she spoke. His mental countdown reached its end as he spoke, and he stepped back from the forge, warning her "Careful, very hot,"

Turning, he approached a table where a handful of small stones -frit, or ground up colored glass - sat, laid out like sand on a beach. He set the egg-shaped glass on the frit, and began to roll it, so that it began to stick in the glass. "I only got here today, so I don't know what they've ordered."

Stepping back, he stepped around her again, putting the end of the pipe back into the forge. "However, if you tell me what they need, I could help you find it."
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 09:31:51 PM by Ahlanour »

Offline Sionann

• View Profile

• She/Her/Hers
  • turns old
  • candidate.png
  • Tavi
  • Wren
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 05:14:54 AM »
While she had hoped that she could avoid upsetting anyone, at least when it came to the matter of interrupting their work but it appeared that she'd managed to fail in that respect.

All set and ready to reply to him, when Tavi appeared trilling his arrival and Sionann immediately shifted to allow him a clear space to land on her arm and shoulder - it still surprised her how big he'd gotten from the small hatchling she remembered stuffing food into so that he would Impress "...sorry, about that. Yes, Tavi... you're still handsome and you know it but you'll need to wait" she stroked the delicate and sensitive areas around the top of his head before looking back at the young man "ummm yes, it should - that is I'd assume it would be in some kind of box? It's glass flasks" items that were necessary for mixing and measuring but Sionann doubted that he was going to be all that interested.

"But only if you're not busy; I was hoping it would be obvious or at least that I would be bothering anyone, sorry... I'm Sionann" it seemed the least she could do, the proffer of her name.

@Blackbird

Offline Ahlanour

• Just arrived
    • View Profile

• He/Him
  • turns old
  • candidate.png
  • Blackbird
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 01:08:11 PM »
There was a sudden trilling, and he was surprised, looking away from the forge for a moment to see a bright blue flit land on the girl's arm. Back home he never would have permitted any animals in his forge, but this was not his forge, and the animal did not seem like it would get near anything that could cause trouble, so he didn't say anything.

"Alright," he grunted, stepping away from the forge. "Roll this in those-" he gestured at the frit nearby, "this end isn't hot." he passed off the pipe carefully, before walking away to where he could see some boxes.

Crouching down, he began to dig through them, looking for one filled with glass flasks. "No worries, I'm Ahlanour." Finding what he was looking for, he stood, sliding the lid off to show it to her. "This it?"

@Wren

Offline Sionann

• View Profile

• She/Her/Hers
  • turns old
  • candidate.png
  • Tavi
  • Wren
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 06:45:11 AM »
Even if she was still feeling that sense of guilt of association with having managed to albeit accidentally intrude on his work, at least Ahlanour wasn't being a jerk about it. Far from it

That really only made the guilt a whole lot worse, but she was hopefully managing to hide it from being in any way obvious "Only if you're really sure. I appreciate the help, I always feel like I'm running a gauntlet when I come in here. I mean...I suppose that is just being out of place, you know?" would he understand or just be silently wishing that would shut up. Sionann often ended up either irritating with her exuberance or falling silent when her worries overwhelmed the rest of her normal behavior.

"ummm, possibly" she moved in and knelt to look at the items, Tavi choosing in the meantime to attempt to get his attention as he then made the decision to move and actually head-butted the other human as soon as the two of them came close enough for that to make it possible. Tavi was naturally the more outgoing of them but not often too forward. So, clearly, he was pleased to see that Ahlanour was helping out "...Tavi be nice" she hadn't really noticed when he was doing but it was more the kind of casual comment offered as if someone was dealing with an errant child.

She looked closely and smiled as she nodded "It looks like. You're ...thanks, I would have spent half the day looking for this on my own - is it a special talent?" Sionann was really just being her usual friendly self when she asked him.

Tags: open 

OOC Recent

[Today at 06:03:04 PM]

[Today at 04:59:40 PM]

[Today at 04:06:11 PM]

[Today at 03:11:22 PM]

[Today at 12:48:10 AM]

[Yesterday at 08:45:41 AM]

[June 22, 2018, 09:01:37 PM]

[June 22, 2018, 08:59:40 PM]

[June 22, 2018, 08:58:48 PM]

[June 22, 2018, 08:54:21 PM]

[June 22, 2018, 06:12:15 PM]

[June 22, 2018, 12:46:20 PM]

[June 21, 2018, 04:21:08 PM]

[June 16, 2018, 12:21:58 PM]

[June 16, 2018, 09:50:00 AM]
Pern RPs | Other RPs
Red River Weyr - 3rd Pass Pern RP Rainbow Mists Weyr Canyon River Weyr | RPG-D
Fortune Favors the Brave | World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP OSH
Kitaro Weyr Under the Wings | Xenedria: Scifi Master/slave RPG Open Affiliate!
Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!

Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! |
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Blood Law - Anitaverse RPG Open Affiliate!
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!