Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

Required Reading
links to read before you join

Ic Info
Character information, Applications, and Adoptables

Bestiarum
The notable fauna of SWW

OOC Extras
Fun things around the forum to wittle at time between posts or links to OOC info

A comprehensive list of links to all our info

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
7.2591 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every OOC week. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Whers here, though not for firelizards.  There are Candidate events, Weyrling classes, Holder plots, and Crafthall developments -- a little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!

Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a colored name here.

Remember,
this holds no IC consequence and is only for fun.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Private How Time Flies [ 32.02.2591 / 8:30 ] O’sir  (Read 555 times)

Offline O'sir

• Alcoholic Candidate Wrangler
  • Sethunya's Weyrmate
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • brown-rider.png
  • of Saibrasoth
  • Bonded to one firelizard(s)
  • Thief
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
Re: How Time Flies [ 32.02.2591 / 8:30 ] O’sir
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2018, 12:43:02 PM »
“It seems like he’s good at breaking you out of that.” From the moment he’d met Tyrriath, O’sir had gotten the impression that the Brown was as solid and stable as the mountain they lived in. But at the same time, he wasn’t rigid to the point of brittleness like some. Just the sort of dragon for Sethunya, who normally was so stable herself, but did have her moments of doubt. He was glad that Tyrriath had proved to be such; O’sir couldn’t have pictured her on any other color to begin with, and bonding to a dragon that was radically different from her would probably have been frustrating.

That sort of arrangement worked out well enough for M’rek and Polanth, but each rider’s bond with their dragon was different. It was a whole new perspective to see another’s so intimately.

Her comment about Tyrriath growing bigger did make O’sir smile though. “At least you know he’s only going to get so big. I don’t know how riders with bigger dragons manage. Oiling Saibrasoth is already a pain in the ass.”

I don’t need it very often, his Brown remarked offhandedly. Which was true. Dragons always required it less once they were fully mature, and the climate at Southern Winds certainly helped. The natural moisture in the air was good for their skin, in a way the much drier conditions at Fort had not been.

Saibrasoth did thrum happily when Tyrriath confirmed that Sethunya liked him. He trusted O’sir’s judgement in not dredging up the past, so he was content enough to forget whatever the issue had been in the first place. I’m glad she does, he rumbled. And that you do too. He’d been thrilled when the younger dragon took to him so well, and their friendship was one of those constant things in his life that Saibrasoth had learned to really treasure -- something important enough that he couldn’t possibly forget it.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 01:35:51 PM by SanctifiedSavage »

Offline Sethunya

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2018, 02:46:49 PM »
She smiled a little more and glanced at her dragon while he seemed to be conversing with Saibrasoth. “He’s perfect. But I suppose that’s the point, hm? Or that’s what you were saying in your lessons.” The last bit was sort of a tease. She did miss the classes, some what, if only because that was a time of her life where she was a bit more innocent and… well, a different person.

A different chapter of her life entirely, really.

“He’s too much dragon now,” she groaned a little, laying back on the bed. Nearly on top of Thief. “Some mornings I barely get his dry spots done before we have to rush off.”

Tyrriath thrummed softly and flared his wings some. Of course I do. If Sethunya had no reason to dislike someone, he rarely did. His general stance on those he met was quite neutral and he followed Sethunya’s lead when it came to liking or disliking someone. Saibrasoth and O’sir had been easy to decide on then, because they were already so important to Sethunya.
All powerplay by O'sir is allowed.
As of 1.6.2591 Tyrriath is 16 months old - 31.3M long, 6.5M tall.

Offline O'sir

• Sethunya's Weyrmate
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • brown-rider.png
  • of Saibrasoth
  • Thief
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2018, 03:12:33 PM »
Faranth, he’d missed this. The quiet moments of conversation when the rest of the world could fade away. Sethunya teasing him in particular reminded him of all the time they’d spent together before. O’sir didn’t tolerate it from people he didn’t know, but he’d developed a certain tolerance to ribbing. He’d had to, growing up with M’rek and Finna. And now, it was one of the few ways he knew how to express affection appropriately. That Seth could give as good as she got was… familiar. Comforting.

“That is the general idea, yes.” Not quite smiling, but the way his eyes crinkled at the edges made it clear he was amused. “I know it’s a surprise, but I don’t teach just to hear myself talk.”

Sometimes, it seemed like his Candidates felt that way. Half of them grew annoyed at repeated lessons month after month, and others didn’t seem to get it no matter how many times he explained the same concepts or gave the same lectures. But save in the most egregious cases, his patience was enough to deal with the repetition.

“It’ll get easier, oiling him.” Quicker, anyway. “Once he’s done growing. Plus now you know the spots that get dry more often.” Absently, he drew a gesture along his collarbone. “Saibrasoth’s is about here. Mostly on account of the straps.”

The older Brown’s eyes were a deep, contented blue. As much as his rider worried, he knew how precious instances like this were, when O’sir was actually relaxed. And surrounded by their little family, Saibrasoth felt as though things had fallen into place. As a fellow dragon, it was easier for him to relate to Tyrriath than another human beyond O’sir, no matter how much he liked Sethunya. But he trusted Tyrriath, and knew he had no reason to lie.

Thank you. His voice was nearly a purr in his happiness. I don’t remember what it was like before you anymore. And that feels right. There was clear affection in his tone, transmitted behind his words in a way he couldn’t really express otherwise. As ephemeral as things tended to be for their species, they adapted well to change. But Saibrasoth hoped that this, at least, never would.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 03:50:40 PM by SanctifiedSavage »

Offline Sethunya

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2018, 03:20:53 PM »
Sethunya actually laughed a little as she lay on her new bed. “You know, for as often as I had lessons with you I can’t remember everything you taught. I might’ve been too busy just lookin’ at you.” That was probably mostly true, but the other part being that now that she was living it all, her brain couldn’t seem to recall things that were actually important.

Other things were recalled when she needed them on the spot.

“Yeah, I guess it will get easier. I still feel awkward climbing up on him. Even when he’s just laying in the grass. You always make it look so simple and I feel handicapped doing it.”

Tyrriath hummed, content and relaxed. Their mingled sound carried into the weyr like a low, reverberating purr. My memory isn’t the best, but I know you’ve always been in my life. It does feel right though, hm? The brown dragon wasn’t one to really speculate on the future either. Not when he was far too busy enjoying the present moment – but he suspected that he and Saibrasoth would have ample opportunity to enjoy one another’s company as he grew.

Offline O'sir

• Sethunya's Weyrmate
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • brown-rider.png
  • of Saibrasoth
  • Thief
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2018, 03:51:54 PM »
“Tsk.” O’sir clicked his tongue as he chided her, but that amused expression remained. “That sounds like a mark against my teaching, if you were so easily distracted.” In reality, her saying so was flattering. It was impossible to make sure his Candidates remembered everything. If he could have just dumped the knowledge directly into their heads, whole and unfractured, he would. But that simply wasn’t within his power to do. The best he could accomplish was prepare them as much as possible. But there would always be more for them to learn.

“Well.” He rubbed his hand over the back of his neck, reluctant to tip his hand… But in reassuring Sethunya, that was a worthy cause. “I also have two decades of practice taking care of him. It’s just one of those things that comes with time.”

Faranth, that made him feel so old. He’d been bonded to Saibrasoth longer than Sethunya had been alive.

It does. The combined rumble of their purring was comforting, almost enough to lull the Brown to sleep, and he did yawn wide. I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Offline Sethunya

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2018, 04:11:28 PM »
She shot O’sir a teasing smirk when he tsked at her. Sethunya had tried very hard to be a dutiful student initially, but one could only take the same classes so many times before she’d really allowed her mind to wander. It just happened to have wandered off with O’sir.

It had all worked out for the best.

When he mentioned he had two decades of practice, she actually snorted a laugh and sat up to look at him, leaning back on her hands. “I sometimes forget you’re that much older than me. You worry like a holder lady whose never been in a relationship before,” she teased, grinning at him. O’sir’s age had never bothered Sethunya and, really, she just liked to tease him about it because it seemed to occasionally make him feel awkward.

Anything that made him feel awkward was worth prodding him over, usually.

Tyrriath laid his head down on his forelegs and continued to thrum, pleased that Sethunya was having such a good time and contented in Saibrasoth’s company. His eyes were partially closed while he watched the other brown dragon. It is nice this way. he said, in his matter-of-fact way.

Offline O'sir

• Sethunya's Weyrmate
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • brown-rider.png
  • of Saibrasoth
  • Thief
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2018, 06:57:46 PM »
“I should have just let you forget,” he accused, glaring at her but without any real heat. The longer they’d been together, the less that gap bothered him -- though at first it had been a source of anxiety contributing to his desire to keep their relationship a secret.

That hadn’t lasted long. O’sir felt embarrassed now when he thought about his past behavior, but Sethunya had set him straight. While it was true he wasn’t experienced with relationships, they had come a long way since then. Even if it had taken him a while to get over himself.

He did not deserve her patience.

“That, and I haven’t been a Holder in a long time.” His glare then was a little more substantial, but not by much. Her comparison was hardly flattering, but he supposed it wasn’t completely wrong either. During his life, he had just never found the time to cultivate relationships beyond those with his siblings and friends he’d quite literally grown up with. Managing to keep from smiling, he did add idly, “Besides, I don’t think a Holder would have started our relationship quite the way we did.”

That was as explicit as he would be since Tyrriath still wasn’t grown, but he’d be pleased if he could fluster her even a little.

Offline Sethunya

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2018, 07:41:48 PM »
She snickered a little and didn’t mind his glares. He often did that when the issue of his age was brought up. If anything, it was just one of his expressions she enjoyed. Coaxing different things from him besides worry creases.

When he brought up the start of their relationship, she did blush a little and glance away. It was difficult not to think about, but she managed. It helped that Tyrriath was relaxed and idly sleeping, so he wasn’t particularly paying attention to what was being said or the fleeting surface thoughts that danced across her mind.

“That’s not fair,” Sethunya accused, her face a sweet shade of pink. She wasn’t really upset though. If anything, it was nice to be able to tease one another. With Tyrriath getting older, they could relax just a little more.

Sethunya patted the space next to her, the blush still present but she was smiling. “You don’t have to be so far away, O’sir.”

Offline O'sir

• Sethunya's Weyrmate
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • brown-rider.png
  • of Saibrasoth
  • Thief
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2018, 08:06:41 PM »
Ah, there was that blush he’d missed. That teasing wasn’t nearly as wicked as their interactions in the past, but it was familiar. And it was good to know he could still surprise her into being flustered on occasion. He wouldn’t have even hinted at such things if Tyrriath were younger, but as Sethunya’s dragon matured, he would be more secure in his bond with her and less likely to be distressed by such topics.

Her invitation did prompt an actual smile from him. “I suppose I’m just used to being cautious,” he mused, but he said it as he rose from the trunk where he’d been sitting. Settling next to her was comfortable. Natural.

“Time really has been going faster than I thought it would.” O’sir had thought that her weyrlinghood would last an eternity. And the first few months had been… rough for him. More than he would probably ever tell her, knowing that she would be worried about him. But things had gotten easier. “And I’m glad you seem so happy.”

Impressing had gone well for her. She had been beautiful already when he’d met her, and fit from her work as a Smith, but the rider training had brought a maturity to her that was even more attractive. If that was possible.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 08:42:50 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline Sethunya

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2018, 08:36:46 PM »
Sethunya did miss being with O’sir. She was certainly looking forward to Tyrriath’s maturity, when the ban on intimacy would be lifted, but that didn’t mean she couldn’t just appreciate being near him. Sethunya was quite confident in her ability to control herself and she didn’t think O’sir would do anything to try and tempt her.

If anything, both of them just wanted to be near one another.

She simply leaned against him, resting her head on his shoulder. “I appreciate it,” she murmured softly. Her eyes settled on a quietly dozing Tyrriath and she smiled a little more. “I am. Everything seems to be sort of falling into place.” And in a way, it was.

Their training was difficult, but she enjoyed it. Tyrriath did too. Grace never got underfoot and, eventually, she’d graduate. No matter where they placed her when she did, Sethunya would move into a weyr with O’sir. There was an odd sense of comfort having an idea of how things would, in a way, progress.

Offline O'sir

• Sethunya's Weyrmate
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • brown-rider.png
  • of Saibrasoth
  • Thief
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2018, 09:06:56 PM »
When she leaned against him, O’sir slid one arm around her waist to squeeze her in a brief hug. Just getting to be near her made a tension ease out of him that he’d been carrying for far too long. Even more than physical intimacy, he missed doing the little things with her. Absent touches. Waking up in the same bed. Knowing that she would be there at the end of the day. But this was nice. This was progress.

The time between now and her graduation couldn’t go fast enough, but he would do his best to be patient.

“Do you know what Wing you want to aim for?” He knew Seth always wanted to strive for the best that she could. It wouldn’t surprise him in the slightest if she wouldn’t be satisfied simply going into Prairie like most of her classmates. And now was the best time to begin thinking about that, since Tyrriath could fly, and any extra training would be most to their benefit in the coming months.

For a long time, he’d avoided thinking so far into the future. Just getting through the two turns of separation had been enough of a hurdle for O’sir to begin with. But he wanted to know her plans -- to be involved in her life as much as he could when their busy schedules and restrictions kept them apart.

Offline Sethunya

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2018, 10:52:05 PM »
Sethunya remained against him, enjoying a companionable quiet while she mulled over his question. It wasn’t the first time she’d wondered what wing she should strive for, if any. While the idea of graduating into Prairie didn’t bother her – there was no shame in the Wing, at least not to Sethunya – there was some appeal in serving in a wing under M’rek.

But she didn’t know if that was because she knew him or if she felt she really belonged in that particular wing.

At length, Sethunya sighed before she answered, “I don’t really know and when I ask Tyrriath, his answers are always the same. ‘Wherever you want to go, that’s where we’ll be’. It’s not that I don’t think he has opinions of his own, but he doesn’t really have... ambitions?” Sethunya made a face when it sounded like she was talking bad about her dragon. That... wasn’t what she was trying to do, but she didn’t really know how to voice what she did want to say.

After a huff, she tried again. “Rather, the things he wants to do are to be good at the things we’re doing now. Drills, training, stuff like that. But he... doesn’t have like... grand aspirations?” Then, she added, almost trailing off, “And, I guess, neither do I?”

Wasn’t that the truth of it? Sethunya wanted to be good at the tasks set before her. She wanted to prove that she could be worthy of Tyrriath, and in the same vein, she knew her dragon wanted to be the best he could be for her. But neither of them... wanted to be Weyrleader or Wingleader or even Wingsecond. Such things seemed far away and far beyond their limited experience. They both just had too much to learn, and Sethunya knew that.

It was like starting all over in a crafthall. She had to put in her time, learn from those that had already been doing this for most of their lives. How arrogant would she and Tyrriath have to be to think they could, just coming out of Weyrlinghood, think to claim any manner of rank? More to the point, she wouldn’t really know if they were even suited for additional responsibility until they’d been put under real life pressures.

Sethunya didn’t feel like they weren’t up for the challenge, or that they couldn’t face whatever came their way – Tyrriath would snort at her and say they could take on the world if need be – but she couldn’t speak for her future character now.

She glanced up at O’sir and shrugged a little. “I think we’ll have a better idea of where we belong when we get closer to graduating.” At least, she hoped so.

Offline O'sir

• Sethunya's Weyrmate
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • brown-rider.png
  • of Saibrasoth
  • Thief
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2018, 11:41:09 PM »
O’sir listened attentively while she spoke, giving her the time to consider what he’d asked. If there was one thing that could be said about Sethunya, it was that she was deliberate. Thoughtful. He’d guessed that she had at least thought about the topic beforehand, and was pleased to know he’d been correct.

That she wasn’t sure didn’t bother him. She and Tyrriath were still young, and they had plenty of time to find their places. But he did chuckle a little at her frustrated explanations of how her dragon felt. “I think I know what you mean,” he said, glancing out at their two sleepy and content dragons. “Saibrasoth is supportive, but he’s never been the driving force behind my ranks.” O’sir didn’t mean it to sound arrogant, and he frowned some. Sethunya wasn’t the only one having difficulty explaining it. “He’s always just been happy when I’m doing something I find fulfilling.”

In a way, it was strange to look back on his life and consider why he’d made the decisions he had. He’d always been ambitious, even before Impressing, but earning any kind of rank had seemed nebulous for a long time, when surviving was all he could focus on. In the end, it had largely been M’rek that pushed him into the Wingsecond position he’d held for two turns. Not because O’sir didn’t want it, but because he’d been too lost in his grief and depression that he hadn’t even considered that he would be qualified.

Sometimes, he missed the job. But being Candidate Master was a different kind of achievement, and he’d served in that capacity now for twice as long as he’d ever been Wingsecond. And though he couldn’t put his finger on why, O’sir had always felt that who he’d been in that role was vastly different from who he was in this one.

“I’ll be proud of you no matter where you end up, or what you’re doing.” And those were hardly empty words without sentiment. O’sir didn’t say such things lightly.

Offline Sethunya

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2018, 11:47:22 PM »
It was odd, but Sethunya oftentimes forgot that O’sir was Candidate Master. Not in that he dealt with Candidates every day, but that he actually held a rank. That he wasn’t just a dragon rider. Not that there wasn’t anything wrong with being a Wingrider – or that wasn’t difficult in and of itself, she imagined. Just... That it was a position he’d have to work for.

She smiled a little and relaxed against him. He’d just been that for the entire time she knew him, it just seemed part of who he was. What he did. “I think that’s all that matters to Tyrriath – that I find something that I want to do, and we do it.” She shrugged a little. “Whatever that happens to be.”

When he mentioned he’d be proud of her, she chuckled a little and nodded. “I know. I’m not overly worried about disappointing you. Not anymore, anyways.” She paused, then grinned at him. “You’d forgive me even so.”

Offline O'sir

• Sethunya's Weyrmate
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • brown-rider.png
  • of Saibrasoth
  • Thief
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2018, 11:56:48 PM »
As she relaxed against him, he shifted ever so slightly to brace them both. Steadying himself with one hand on her mattress, it was also an excuse to keep touching her, his arm supporting her back. It wasn’t exactly keeping her in a hug, but still comfortably affectionate.

It was good to know that Tyrriath would support her too. Not that O’sir would have thought he’d do anything else. But watching Sethunya’s confidence grow because of the Brown had been a pleasure to see. That, perhaps, was one of his favorite things about being a rider in the first place. So many worries couldn’t thrive under constant, unconditional love. He’d seen it turn quiet, shy Candidates into much more assertive people. And though he still had his own issues to struggle with, O’sir knew he wouldn’t have survived the Pass if he had never Impressed.

A strange thing to think, considering how dangerous being a rider could be.

Seth’s grin was infectious, and he couldn’t resist teasing her again. “I might not if you end up in Mountain,” he mused with mock gravitas. “Since that means you’d be away often.”

Offline Sethunya

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2018, 12:02:48 AM »
Sethunya chuckled a little, but the suggestion did stick to her. She hadn’t even considered Mountain Wing. That... that had a certain appeal in a curious, almost need to know what the rest of the planet was like. What their future might be like. While she didn’t really want to be away from the Weyr, it was still... something to consider.

She settled against O’sir and nodded a little. “I still have to work on going Between. I’m not as anxious about that, since you and Saibrasoth have taken me there before... and Tyrriath isn’t worried, of course. Grace has been invaluable in helping with the whole... mental picture thing. I’d almost say that fire lizards are probably the best at it.”

Probably because Grace primarily communicated in pictures. Sethunya had gotten used to receiving them from the golden lady since she’d hatched which had given her some time to prep in sending images too. That and Tyrriath’s mind was always so calm and receptive that it wasn't often Sethunya that messed up or botched orders.

In that vein of though, she idly remarked, “Sometimes I think he’s better at all this than I am.”
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 10:56:57 AM by SirAlahn »

Offline O'sir

• Sethunya's Weyrmate
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • brown-rider.png
  • of Saibrasoth
  • Thief
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2018, 11:11:06 AM »
“From what I understand, their memories are markedly better.” It was the kind of tidbit that Rinetti, and then Loressa, had shared with him from their training. Much of the oldest research had been lost long before they were born, but some things remained tested and true. Firelizards, peculiarly, were one of those. Their ability, once trained, to aid in remembering images and relaying messages whole had proved invaluable to riders in the past as well as the present. It made sense that Mountain Wing required them, since they had to Between to places that often looked very similar.

It was curious, O’sir thought, that dragons’ memories were so much worse.

Sethunya’s idle comment drew a faint laugh from him. “Well, not to cast aspersions on you, but Tyrriath was quite literally bred for this. So much of what we rely on them for comes from instinct… especially Betweening.” Learning that particular maneuver was nerve-wracking for most unless they’d spent a lot of time adragonback before Impressing. It had taken O’sir a while to adjust to it too. “It’s normal that there are some aspects one of you will master before the other.”

Offline Sethunya

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2018, 11:20:36 AM »
Sethunya nodded a little and glanced back at the sleeping Grace. While she’d never tested the flit, as she’d never seen the need to, she also knew that Grace just seemed to know where to go, who people were, and had never seemed confused by locations around the Weyr.

It was certainly something to envy.

When O’sir reminded her that Tyrriath was quite literally bred to do the things they were learning, she blushed a little and shoved at his shoulder. “Yeah, I know. I just didn’t expect him to take so well to it all. Not everyone’s dragon is, you know?” While the idea of going Between didn’t particularly scare Sethunya, doing it on her own was a bit nerve wracking.

Well. Not entirely alone.

“I lucked out having you and Saibrasoth to practice on before I Impressed. I couldn’t imagine Between lessons without... without getting used to it first, really.” She shook her head a little and honestly felt bad for some of the people who had Impressed with almost no idea of what it was to ride a dragon. Sethunya didn’t think they shouldn’t be Riders, she just thought it might be a little harder on them.

Offline O'sir

• Sethunya's Weyrmate
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • brown-rider.png
  • of Saibrasoth
  • Thief
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2018, 11:31:12 AM »
He probably deserved that shove, all things considered. But O’sir would perpetually seek to put her at ease when she had doubts about her own abilities. Much like himself, Seth was sometimes too hard on herself. And though he didn’t think she had seriously been upset by the sentiment she’d expressed, interjecting some lightness seemed appropriate.

“That’s fair,” he admitted. Much like people, each dragon learned at their own individual pace. Really, he was Impressed with the ability of the Weyrlingmasters to balance teaching all their students with making sure those needing a little more guidance were seen to as well.

“I can tell you firsthand it’s not easy. Beyond when I went to Fort, I’d never been on a dragon going Between until we got to that point in our lessons.” No matter how long ago that had been, O’sir still remembered it keenly. It was just one of those things that didn’t ever quite get forgotten.

“It took me… months to convince myself I wasn’t going to fuck up. Before that, I was sure I’d make some mistake that got us, or someone else hurt. Or lost.”

Offline Sethunya

« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2018, 03:30:12 PM »
It wasn’t often they got to talk about O’sir from before he’d Impressed Saibrasoth. That was a long time ago – even if Sethunya liked to tease him about his age – and that’d been during a Pass. Their situations wouldn’t have been comparable regardless. Times were definitely different then. She couldn’t even imagine the pressures during the Pass... Let alone trying to train during it.

She was just glad he’d survived it to be with her now.

Sethunya glanced down at her hands, considering. She hadn’t thought about the fact she might have to take other people Between. Obviously... that wouldn’t be before they were actually comfortable doing it. Tyrriath seemed pretty confidant in his ability to do... anything asked of him. In their ability to do anything set before them. Even when Sethunya struggled, he simply told her it was all a matter of practice.

Sort of difficult to practice going Between though. Even if Grace just did it naturally.

“I think I’ll have to borrow a healthy dose of Tyrriath’s confidence for that. He seems pretty certain we’ll be able to do that just fine,” she said at last, glancing at O’sir. Almost like she was checking to see if he agreed with her dragon.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 01:36:18 PM by Sethunya »

Offline O'sir

• Sethunya's Weyrmate
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • brown-rider.png
  • of Saibrasoth
  • Thief
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2018, 03:19:38 PM »
“Together, I’m sure the two of you will manage just fine.” “The sentiment wasn’t meant to be dismissive, and O’sir smiled at her softly. “And if you do have to borrow his confidence, there’s nothing wrong with that. He’s meant for it.”

He couldn’t say so, since it wasn’t charitable or fair, but people far stupider than Sethunya had learned to be riders too. Even some Candidates that he’d suspected might never Impress, and that had surprised him by walking off the Sands with a dragon. He had no reason to doubt her or Tyrriath, and he didn’t want her to think he was just saying so because that’s what she needed to hear.

A thought occurred to him, and he ventured, “I don’t know if it would make you comfortable or more nervous… but if there’s anything, Betweening or otherwise, that you want to practice, my evenings are free.”

It wasn’t wholly uncommon for him to occasionally assist the Weyrlingmasters—not that O’sir would ever seek to impose upon their jurisdiction. But to practice the kind of maneuver Sethunya seemed to be doubtful about, weyrlings were initially assigned chaperones of sorts. Betweening accidents didn’t happen very often, but such things were simply a precaution.

That, and if there was a way he could help her, he would.

Offline Sethunya

« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2018, 10:06:34 PM »
Sethunya smiled a little more at what O’sir had to say. She was still getting used to the idea that it was okay to rely so much on Tyrriath. It should be obvious, but Sethunya had spent so long trying to prove she was self sufficient and independent it was both odd and deeply comforting to have someone that would, indefinitely, be there for her. While she knew, abstractly, that O’sir would too, having a dragon was just…different.

At his offer to help, she smiled a little more and chuckled. “Would you be allowed to help me? Would that be too much?” She was idly teasing, but the idea of spending more time with O’sir was not something she’d say no to. If it wasn’t something that’d toe the line.

Offline O'sir

• Sethunya's Weyrmate
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • brown-rider.png
  • of Saibrasoth
  • Thief
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2018, 05:06:13 PM »
“I see no reason I couldn’t.” Just this side of smiling, he knew that she was teasing him some too. But Sethunya also had a healthy respect for the rules, and he knew she wouldn’t seek to infringe upon any restrictions there might be on their behavior. “Particularly since it will be out in the open, where we can be seen.” His mouth curved more thoroughly into an amused expression then. “But if it would make you feel better, I can ask.”

As he’d said, O’sir didn’t see a reason that his actions would be suspect. Since she was no longer his student, it would hardly be a case of playing favorites. And there was precedent for him helping weyrlings who wanted it. Nevertheless, he had no issue asking D’zel before he did so. If only to clear the air, and because it would be respectful to do so.

He was a little more tentative then, but added, “And if for some reason they say no, I’m sure I could find someone that would be willing to.” There were sometimes-mentors for both Candidates and weyrlings for just that reason. O’sir might not have many friends, but he was on good terms with many of them.

Offline Sethunya

« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2018, 12:13:24 AM »
If O’sir didn’t think it would be a problem, then Sethunya trusted him. About the only thing they’d ever really toed the line on was their relationship, and that had been… well, an accident. Sethunya had, admittedly, attempted to seduce him a long time ago and it had blossomed into something neither of them had really expected.

It wasn’t against the rules for him to sleep with a Candidate. It might’ve been frowned on, but Sethunya had already been a Candidate for some time when she’d chased after him. Maybe it’d have been different if she’d just started the classes or if O’sir was prone to favoritism.

She shook her head and smiled more so. “If you can, I’d prefer you did. Any reason to get more training… and, well, to spend more time with you.” The last was said quietly, but it was the truth. She missed him.

Tyrriath thrummed quietly in his sleep.

Offline O'sir

• Sethunya's Weyrmate
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • brown-rider.png
  • of Saibrasoth
  • Thief
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2018, 06:25:56 PM »
“Of course. It’ll be nice to see you more often.” Sethunya was of much a similar mind as him, then. O’sir would never begrudge her the time that she’d needed to grow alongside Tyrriath as a weyrling. For that reason, he’d done his best not to add to the stress he knew she was already under—wanting to be a support for her rather than a hindrance. Even if it did cut at him to do so from a distance at times, particularly for the first few months that were always so hectic and such an adjustment for those that had just Impressed. With Tyrriath older now, and the two of them more secure in their bond, he’d certainly relish any extra time he got to spend with Sethunya.

Like now. It was the kind of quiet moment that he adored as a private escape from their busy lives.

And I promise not to fall asleep on you even if we practice in the evening.” It was said with an attempt at gravitas, though he knew he couldn’t completely keep from smiling. Just a little. “I’m not quite ancient yet, so I think I can manage well enough.”

Tags:

OOC Recent

[Yesterday at 09:36:22 PM]

by Inki
[October 20, 2018, 06:20:59 AM]

[October 18, 2018, 09:48:35 AM]

by Inki
[October 17, 2018, 03:50:19 AM]

[October 15, 2018, 10:40:46 PM]

[October 15, 2018, 12:17:45 PM]

by Inki
[October 12, 2018, 04:52:17 AM]

by Inki
[October 12, 2018, 03:23:05 AM]

[October 12, 2018, 02:38:47 AM]

[October 11, 2018, 11:45:32 PM]

by Bee
[October 11, 2018, 09:01:55 PM]

[October 09, 2018, 01:42:20 PM]

[October 07, 2018, 01:46:15 PM]

by Kyya
[October 07, 2018, 01:29:07 PM]

[October 07, 2018, 10:30:37 AM]
Pern RPs | Other RPs
Red River Weyr - 3rd Pass Pern RP Rainbow Mists Weyr Canyon River Weyr | RPG-D
Fortune Favors the Brave | World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP OSH
Under the Wings Pern Unbound | Xenedria: Scifi Master/slave RPG
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!

Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! |
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Blood Law - Anitaverse RPG Open Affiliate!
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!