Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

Required Reading
links to read before you join

Ic Info
Character information, Applications, and Adoptables

Bestiarum
The notable fauna of SWW

OOC Extras
Fun things around the forum to wittle at time between posts or links to OOC info

A comprehensive list of links to all our info

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
7.2591 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every OOC week. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Whers here, though not for firelizards.  There are Candidate events, Weyrling classes, Holder plots, and Crafthall developments -- a little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!

Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a colored name here.

Remember,
this holds no IC consequence and is only for fun.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: OOC Dragon's Code by Gigi McCaffrey  (Read 280 times)

Offline SanctifiedSavage

Dragon's Code by Gigi McCaffrey
« on: August 11, 2018, 11:16:57 AM »
So, there's going to be another Pern book coming out by Anne's daughter, Gigi. I'd read the synopsis, that I'll quote below, and it doesn't actually look that bad. It comes out in Oct. Curious if anyone else might think about reading it.

Dragon's Code on Amazon
A new hero emerges in a divided world as one of sci-fi’s most beloved series—Anne McCaffrey’s Dragonriders of Pern—relaunches with this original adventure from Anne’s daughter, Gigi McCaffrey.

In honor of the fiftieth anniversary of the Dragonriders of Pern series, Gigi does her mother proud, adding to the family tradition of spinning unputdownable tales that recount the adventures of the brave inhabitants of a distant planet who battle the pitiless adversary known as Thread.

The last time Thread attacked Pern, the world was unprepared for the fight—until the Oldtimers appeared. These courageous dragonriders arrived from the past, traveling four hundred years to help their descendants survive. But the collision of past and present took its toll. While most of the displaced rescuers adapted to their new reality, others could not abide the jarring change and found themselves in soul-crushing exile, where unhappiness and resentment seethed.

Piemur, a journeyman harper, also feels displaced, cast adrift by the loss of his spectacular boyhood voice and uncertain of his future. But when the Masterharper of Pern sees promise in the young man and sends him undercover among the exiled Oldtimers, Piemur senses the looming catastrophe that threatens the balance of power between the Weyrs and Holds of Pern.

When the unthinkable happens, Piemur must rise to the challenge to avert disaster and restore honor to the dragons and dragonriders of Pern. Because now, in a world already beset by Thread, another, more insidious danger looms: For the first time in living memory, dragons may be on the verge of fighting dragons.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 03:55:06 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline Jarakrisafis

Re: Dragon's Code by Gigi McCaffrey
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 12:14:58 PM »
I probably will. I own most of the series by this point so it'd be ridiculous for me not to :P One does not easily give up a twenty year addiction.

Offline SanctifiedSavage

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 02:55:36 PM »
I haven't read the books in a really long time and I haven't read anything by Todd. But I am curious how this might go. I might snag it. I'm just leery.

Offline Kyya

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 04:12:22 PM »
oh... It looks interesting. I did like Piemur

Offline Inki

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2018, 04:49:55 PM »
I'm a sucker - Read 'em all, will keep doing so.
It's nice that the daughter finally got around to one, as far as I know they've been teasing her writing a book since Anne died. And then... Todd did everything XD

Offline SanctifiedSavage

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2018, 05:23:13 PM »
I might wait until you read it and you can tell me if it's worth it. :P

Offline Spiffy

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2018, 05:41:38 PM »
I'll probably have a go if I can get a hold of a copy cheaply. I also liked Piemur in his other books.

But the synopsis has me confused? I thought the Oldtimer threat had been dealt with already in Anne's books :s

Offline Kyya

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2018, 06:33:20 PM »
Through exile, I think. So I just assumed it was gonna be... Sorta parallel to the rest of it.

Offline Inki

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2018, 12:06:07 AM »
I too, am assuming that it will tell what story of Piemur that has been hinted at in the other books, but will slot in timewise as another alternate-view book around Dragondrums-White Dragon-Renegades timeline.

Offline SanctifiedSavage

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2018, 08:23:03 AM »
That was sort of my assumption too. Like "here is other stuff that happened". I think that's why I am a little more apt to read this one? Because it's already in the framework of what... is accepted and shouldn't be too bonkers. Right? :p

If anything, I will expect spy characters and maybe some love for the harpers. Or more forums to pop up.

Offline Teak

• Just arrived
    • View Profile

• She/her
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2018, 08:05:59 PM »
I may have just squealed like a fan girl!   :excited:  I  :shock: I will be so happy you don't even understand.  Pern is my first love in the book world...followed closely by The Rowan series.  OMG I just  can't even right now.

Offline SanctifiedSavage

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2018, 10:50:46 AM »
Be sure to "report" back and let us know what you think of it once it comes out and you read it.  :love:

Offline Jarakrisafis

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2018, 12:03:40 PM »
Let us know what you think, I'll get it eventually, but I'm usually a little behind.
And yes. Rowan series is awesome too.

Offline Inki

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2018, 06:20:59 AM »
So I forgot about this because I was poor this last month. But I have just ordered the book and it should arrive just after my final exams. So hopefully I can pick it up and lock myself in my room until I've finished it  :excited:

Tags:

OOC Recent

[Yesterday at 11:42:44 PM]

[October 31, 2018, 06:04:31 PM]

[October 29, 2018, 08:01:51 PM]

[October 29, 2018, 05:09:15 AM]

[October 25, 2018, 03:29:35 PM]

[October 25, 2018, 01:32:31 PM]

[October 25, 2018, 12:43:27 AM]

[October 24, 2018, 05:46:08 PM]

by Inki
[October 20, 2018, 06:20:59 AM]

[October 15, 2018, 10:40:46 PM]

[October 15, 2018, 12:17:45 PM]

by Inki
[October 12, 2018, 04:52:17 AM]

by Inki
[October 12, 2018, 03:23:05 AM]

[October 12, 2018, 02:38:47 AM]

[October 11, 2018, 11:45:32 PM]
Pern RPs | Other RPs
Red River Weyr - 3rd Pass Pern RP Rainbow Mists Weyr Canyon River Weyr | RPG-D
Fortune Favors the Brave | World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP OSH
Under the Wings Pern Unbound | Xenedria: Scifi Master/slave RPG
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!

Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! |
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Blood Law - Anitaverse RPG Open Affiliate!
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!