Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

Required Reading
links to read before you join

Ic Info
Character information, Applications, and Adoptables

Bestiarum
The notable fauna of SWW

OOC Extras
Fun things around the forum to wittle at time between posts or links to OOC info

A comprehensive list of links to all our info

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
6.2591 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every OOC week. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Whers here, though not for firelizards.  There are Candidate events, Weyrling classes, Holder plots, and Crafthall developments -- a little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!

Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a colored name here.

Remember,
this holds no IC consequence and is only for fun.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Private It’s going to take some time [ 12.3.2586 / 4AM ] Z’nel  (Read 307 times)

Offline Z'nel

Re: It’s going to take some time [ 12.3.2586 / 4AM ] Z’nel
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2018, 03:38:48 AM »
Z'nel smiled ruefully, “I really wish he was a little lady.” She mentally called to him, startlement and then delight passing back to her before he appeared above her bed. “This is Reach. He thinks he's a shoulder flit and I haven't managed to train him out of it yet.” The large bronze landed on the end of the bed with a happy chitter, apparently having finally got the message that he wasn't to land on her before noticing her companion and chirping and hopping closer.

“He likes attention and you're new, so just tell me if you want me to send him away.” She didn't speak too soon as he flapped from the bed to Niema's lap and chirped again, clearly demanding attention.

“Soooo,” Z'nel hummed thoughtfully, “Have you got any hobbies?” Most riders she'd got to know had something they liked to do so that thread didn't take over every aspect of their lives.

Allieth is 20.2M Long, 3.8M Tall and has a 32M Wingspan.

Offline Niema

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2018, 10:20:09 AM »
While Niema had never wanted a flit for herself, that didn’t mean she couldn’t appreciate a friendly one when it was presented to her. Especially in moments like this, when she herself needed some attention too. Maybe not is such a vocal, obvious way but it made her smile just a little more genuine to have the bronze flit seem to take to her so quickly. It didn’t matter if that was just how he was or if she was particular. Niema reached out and ran her hand over his smooth, dragon-like hide then scratched lightly along his jaw line. “He’s quite handsome. Reach you say? I would think in times like this he could be useful. Or at least nice company. Though I can’t imagine something this big being a shoulder flit,” she said, still doting on the bronze.

The question that was turned on her did make Niema think. While she continued to pet and stroke Reach, she had to consider what it was she did with her time. Tend Vorloruth, check her gear, fly Thread, and socialize. It wasn’t that Niema had a hobby, a thing she did, so much as she just enjoyed being around other people when she wasn’t flying Thread. Was that considered a thing though? With a small shrug of her shoulder, she said, “I guess dancing. I’m not the greatest at it but I like being around wingmates when... well, when it’s not all fire and thread. I can’t play music, of course, and I’m not a good singer either. But I do like to dance and I like being close with other people.” In a sense, chasing after the sweet, innocent moments of candidacy when all she’d done was socialize, laugh, and really have fun.

Faintly playful, Niema had to ask, “Do you know how to cook? They tried to teach me during candidacy and it’s just not something I’m good at.”

Length: 20M || Height: 4M || Wingspan: 36M
Powerplay allowed by K'mar

Offline Z'nel

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2018, 10:41:38 AM »
“Yeah, Reach, after High Reaches. He was a shoulder flit when he was growing. He refuses to give it up and I've been trying to teach him to not land on me for turns. He's sharding heavy.” And he looked ridiculous, given that he ended up draped half way down her back, wings and paws and being used to attach himself and not slip off as she walked. He chirped again and settled into Niema's lap once she started petting him, shooting Z'nel a very smug look.

Dancing huh, “wonder if you know any dances I don't, I love learning new stuff.” Z'nel said with an excited smile. Finding willing partners was so hard sometimes.

She laughed at that question, ignoring the automatic wince at the pull in her stomach before she managed to suppress it. “I actually can cook, though I'm best at sweets and pastries. Mother says I can make better fruit tarts than she can.”

Offline Niema

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2018, 10:49:54 AM »
When the affectionate bronze transferred himself to Niema’s lap, she sat up a little straighter to give him more space, but she was happy to oblige. Fire lizards were so common – flocking to the relative safety of Fort – that she wasn’t concerned about having one so near her. Rather, she let her hand run over his smooth, soft, warm body is an way to also sooth herself. It was nice, having something to do with her hands that wasn’t picking at her hair.

When Z’nel made mention of Niema knowing any particular dances, that actually made Niema snort a very unlady like laugh, though it was a quiet sound. “Oh, I don’t know any real, official steps like the harpers do. I just like to... well, move to the music? Is that a better way to put it? I know the basic step to dance slowly with another person, but that’s not my preferred method of dancing.”

When Z’nel said she could cook, Niema shook her head, a bit in feigned disbelief. “You can cook? Well, it seems like you’re going to owe me a dance and something sweet to eat. I fully intend on taking advantage of our new friendship for my own, nefarious purposes.” Niema put the emphasis on the last to add to the small joke, smiling at Z’nel.

There wasn’t anything like making new friends – especially ones that she could dance with. The cooking was a nice bonus, since the kitchen staff could be choosy about who they let in, but it was still something nice to learn about Z’nel. And Niema would, if they ever got a chance, drag Z’nel to the kitchens in their off time. If only to watch her cook something. “I think I can only cook some meat, and that’s because you pretty much let the heat do most of the work. I’m hopeless at anything else and I’ve been kicked out of the kitchen during meal prep as a Candidate for being too much of a other.” The memory was a sweet one that made her laugh a little. “Any time I got kitchen duty, I was automatically sent to scrubbing pots and pans.”

Offline Z'nel

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2018, 11:57:45 AM »
“Ah, that sort of dancer. Well, I don't mind non formal dances. Any dancing is good dancing.” They all helped relieve stress. When she was dancing she could just forget that earlier in the day she'd been fighting for her life and that tomorrow she'd be back to fighting for her life.

“When I'm up to moving about again I'll see if I can coax some berries from the kitchen staff and make a batch of tarts up.” She said with a grin, “just don't mention it or anyone who knows I make them will come steal them away. And in return you can do the pots because I despise that part.” She winked at the end, letting her know that getting tarts was not actually dependent upon pot washing.

Offline Niema

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2018, 10:21:34 AM »
That was exactly the reason Niema enjoyed music. It was something so drastically different than what she did that it removed her from all of the seriousness. From Thread, from the danger, and she could just live in that moment. Enjoy it all for what it was.

At the mention of berry tarts, though, Niema chuckled a little. “I will not pass up anything sweet, I promise you that.” Rationing and Thread had seen to it that a lot of food was either hard to come by or divvied out in small portions. Just the way of life. When Z’nel mentioned washing the pots, Niema waved a hand to indicate that wasn’t actually a big deal, even if it had been a joke. “That’s about the only thing I’m good for in a kitchen. You show off your cooking skills, I’ll show off my pot washing skills.” It seemed only fair.

“Were you born at Fort Weyr?” Niema asked, more out of curiosity than anything. Some that retained that sense of family weren’t usually, and had come from the Hold. If that were the case, Niema had all manner of other questions.

Offline Z'nel

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2018, 06:28:35 AM »
Z'nel smiled fondly at Reach as he settled himself quite comfortably in Niema's lap, wings and tail draping languidly as he gave a little huff. He was clearly in for the long haul, he'd probably been feeling neglected whenever the healers shoo'd him away.

“I was born at High Reaches Weyr. Though father used to take me down to the hold  when he had commissions there. He's a woodcrafter so he went where he was needed.” She much preferred the weyr. Maybe it was just because the hold was so crowded in the last few years before it fell, every time she went down there it felt like it was one step away from an all out fight. “I wasn't really a fan of the hold, it always felt too crowded.” Also like everyone was out for themselves in a way. The weyr was much more of one mind, what with thread and all.

Offline Niema

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2018, 10:32:48 AM »
Niema was quite pleased with the little flit on her lap, and was content to dote on him. So long as he didn’t kick up a fuss, the Healers were likely to let him stay. Especially since his bonded wasn’t in any intensive care and he wasn’t in the way. That was usually why flits weren’t allowed.

To hear that her father was a crafter was interesting. Niema, knew, of course that crafters lived in the weyr. Healers and Harpers, in particular, but she’d never thought they wouldn’t live as weyrfolk until she’d talked to other candidates. She’d just always assumed that those who lived and worked at the weyr would be like everyone else.

It was a very naďve way of thinking about the world, but Niema had been very young. To hear Z’nel talk about the Hold though... that seemed pretty standard. Not many had good things to say, unless their family was a crafter family. Or Peacekeeper. Otherwise, it sounded like the Hold was having just as rough a time as the Weyr.

Life was like that.

“It was sad, what happened to High Reaches,” she offered. It was sad what happened to the entire planet, of course, but getting to talk to someone who had actually been displaced was... well, it only seemed right to offer some manner of condolences. “I’ve never been anywhere from here, and what I’ve seen of the Hold has really... only been from the sky.” Which wasn’t saying much. So all she knew was from the mouths of those who had traveled from it.

Tags:

OOC Recent

[Today at 02:23:19 PM]

[Today at 01:13:49 PM]

[Today at 05:23:25 AM]

[Yesterday at 03:44:39 PM]

[Yesterday at 02:20:44 PM]

[Yesterday at 03:38:10 AM]

by Kyya
[September 16, 2018, 11:27:49 PM]

[September 16, 2018, 09:56:21 PM]

[September 15, 2018, 09:37:04 PM]

[September 15, 2018, 01:16:13 PM]

[September 15, 2018, 11:35:15 AM]

[September 15, 2018, 10:42:06 AM]

by Wren
[September 15, 2018, 09:30:13 AM]

by Inki
[September 14, 2018, 09:07:19 PM]

[September 14, 2018, 04:09:47 PM]
Pern RPs | Other RPs
Red River Weyr - 3rd Pass Pern RP Rainbow Mists Weyr Canyon River Weyr | RPG-D
Fortune Favors the Brave | World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP OSH
Under the Wings Pern Unbound | Xenedria: Scifi Master/slave RPG
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!

Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! |
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Blood Law - Anitaverse RPG Open Affiliate!
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!