Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

Required Reading
links to read before you join

Ic Info
Character information, Applications, and Adoptables

Bestiarum
The notable fauna of SWW

OOC Extras
Fun things around the forum to wittle at time between posts or links to OOC info

A comprehensive list of links to all our info

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
6.2591 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every OOC week. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Whers here, though not for firelizards.  There are Candidate events, Weyrling classes, Holder plots, and Crafthall developments -- a little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!

Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a colored name here.

Remember,
this holds no IC consequence and is only for fun.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Event Can’t You Tell I’m Starving? [ 24.6.2591; 2 PM ] || Feeding  (Read 445 times)

Offline R'kan

• Firecracker With a Lit Fuse
  • The fuck do you want?
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • red-weyrling.png
  • of Hisketh
  • Bonded to one firelizard(s)
  • Scoria
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
Can’t You Tell I’m Starving? [ 24.6.2591; 2 PM ] || Feeding
« on: September 06, 2018, 05:41:01 PM »
R’kan didn’t realize, when he first stepped off the Sands with Hisketh, that they were the first pair to make it out to the Feeding Pavilion. As soon as he’d realized she’d been talking expressly to him, the rest of the world had fallen away as inconsequential. At least for these first few moments. What the rest of the Candidates did, who else Impressed—none of that mattered to him right now. They could burn for all that he was aware of them. All of his attention was focused solely on the Red—his Red—caught between wanting to make sure he could see where he was going as they walked and wanting to admire the deep richness of her color.

You think I’m pretty? she purred at him, the blue in her eyes turning a little greener with pleasure. R’kan wasn’t sure if it was the timbre of her voice or some immutable facet of their connection, but he knew it wasn’t really a question. She flicked her wingsails again, momentarily flashing the sunset colors present there, clearly preening and pleased that he’d recognized how gorgeous she was. Well, at least I know you’re not blind.

“I’m not deaf either,” he grumbled, but he was still smiling too. It was noticeably cooler as they moved into the Pavilion, the heat not as trapped and sweltering as it was on the Sands. The rain was still coming down, maybe even harder than before, but the temporary covering over the tables and benches was keeping it off those beneath it, at least.

Maybe you were just stunned by how lucky you are to have me, she mused, amusement obvious in the undercurrent of her tone. Weirdly, R’kan felt her attention sharpen as another person approached them with a smile and an offer of help.

Perhaps hypocritically, Hisketh broke into his thoughts impatiently. Feeding me doesn’t require anyone else, right? You know what you’re doing?

Shards, getting used to this was going to be difficult. How was he supposed to listen to her and someone else talking to him at the same time? Glancing at her with a faint scowl, he held up one hand to signal he needed a second. “Yeah, I do. Why?”

Then why are we still standing here? She was watching the other person with… well, it wasn’t quite disdain. But definitely disinterest. R’kan thought he felt his stomach growl, before realizing a moment later that it had actually been hers. Hisketh’s.

Normally he wasn’t much of one for abundant smiles, but he did shoot one at the person that had approached him. “I’ve got it. Thanks.” Hopefully that was polite enough it wouldn’t come off as overly rude… but he’d handled cut up meat before. And it had been reiterated in Candidate lessons so many times to make sure the pieces were small, to make sure the dragonet only had one at a time, to make sure they didn’t choke, and so on. This was hardly complicated.

Since they had their choice of seats, R’kan moved over to the nearest bench and sat down on the end of it, straddling it so he could face Hisketh directly as he snagged one of the bowls of meat on the table. She jumped up onto the wood alongside him, digging her claws in for purchase and leaving some scored marks—but hardly the first ones, since these same tables were used and reused for Hatchings, as far as R’kan knew.

Digging his fingers unbothered into the bowl of bloody bits, he pulled apart two pieces still connected by a string of fat and gristle. Give me the food, R’kan, Hisketh growled, and he all but shoved the morsel into her mouth, unconcerned about her teeth. “I’m working on it. Fuck. Have some damn patience.”

Spoiler for OOC:
A feeding thread! 8D Anyone can be the person that tried to talk to him if you like, and can continue to try to engage R’kan in conversation if you’re feeling frisky. Don’t mind Hisketh.

Hisketh | Newly Hatched | 0.95M Long | 0.2M Tall | 1.577M Wingspan
Family for R'kan

Offline W'um

Re: Can’t You Tell I’m Starving? [ 24.6.2591; 2 PM ] || Feeding
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 03:21:23 AM »
W'um waited with baited breath for the first impressed pair to emerge. There were no screams from the crowd this time, that was good, and he did know that reds had already hatched. After a brief look inside the sands, W'um and Liramyth had quickly extricated their minds from that tumultuous event. They had only had each other in their heads for so long, or at least Weyrlings who were a little more polite with their questions, these reds had no one to bond with themselves and so just didn't get it.

This wasn't his clutch, and so when he watched the first red pair enter the tent. He left it to the attending assistant Weyrlingmaster, W'um wouldn't want to step on the mans first occasion to meet his new Weyrlings. Their last assistant weyrlingmaster hadn't exactly felt the same.

Besides, it didn't seem like the pair... wanted to be disturbed. W'um liked to think he was a pretty good judge of character, and this pair looked to be doing just fine. If they still needed their room assignment by the time the red had eaten her fill, then he'd fill the role.

Until then, he was content to wait until it got a little more busy.

Spoiler for Hidden:
He's available for future pairs if y'all would like.

Length 28.5m ~ Height 5.7m ~ Wingspan 47.31m
W'um oversees the Weyrlings of 2590, click here to find any Weyrling info you need.

Offline D'zel

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 03:22:06 AM »
The mental noise from the bowl increased and D'zel could tell there were more than the four reds there now. At least he hadn't been wrong about the violently shaking eggs. That was one more bit of knowledge to remember about the hatchings, he'd hopefully be able to do a rough red count from that at Imyths hatching.

It didn't seem long before the first new weyrling entered the room. He could feel Rohbarth reaching out, listening in without any shame on the young dragons conversation. R'kan and Hisketh He reported after a moment. D'zel filed the names away as he did every hatching, already making notes on the weyrling and dragons actions.

They appeared to be doing fine, R'kan had gone straight to the meat and hadn't let the red just dunk it's head into the bowl. Not that D'zel expected anything less, O'sir was an excellent candidate master and he wouldn't let anyone stand who hadn't mastered the basic knowledge needed. He'd also waved away the offered help, but again, that wasn't a bad thing.

He remembered a time when none of the weyrlings would be offered help, they wouldn't need it, and on the rare occurrence there had been an injury, the weyrlingmaster could see to it. Now, well, there were several extra volunteers around in case any came in with injuries. He wouldn't have either a dragon or weyrling bleeding out and dying in the feeding pavilion from an untended wound. Nor would he require anyone to choose between tending an injury or feeding their dragon.

He waited till they'd gotten settled before approaching, suppressing his smile at the reds impatience if the last comment from their bonded was any indication. “R'kan, Hisketh. Congratulations. Come find me or an assistant once they are full and oiled for your room assignment.”

He waited only a moment to see if they needed anything before moving away as the next weyrling entered, an even smaller red at her feet.

Rohbarth is 5.2M tall, 29M long, with a wingspan of 48M

Offline D'via

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 03:44:25 PM »
We got to the food first too! Anedaith said as she bounded away and leapt up onto the table in one bounce and quickly began to nose at the bowls. Daravia scrambled after her, much less elegant as she clambered over a bench to scoop the errant dragon up before her trailing wings and tail could knock anything over.

“We did yes.” She agreed as she tucked her dragon under one arm and grabbed a bowl of meat with her othe hand and made for the nearest bench. Neither of her burdens were easy to carry, one being heavy and unwieldy and the other wriggling like a landed fish so it was a good thing she only had to go a few steps.

This is so undignified. Put me down. Please. The voice sounded so sad as Anedaith stopped struggling and just hung limply that Daravia complied without a second thought before she caught the glow of green mixing with the red/orange that she'd been taught would signal hunger. She couldn't believe she'd just been had. Anedaith arched her neck out and looked pointedly at the meat bowl. I am very, very hungry and you are not helping.

Daravia grabbed for the first bit, absently making sure it was nice and small, O'sir's voice repeating the words 'don't let them choke' close to repeating in her mind as she finally ran her eyes over her dragon now that she wasn't constantly moving. It wasn't just her imagination, her first thought on the sands had been right, she really was tiny. Her body was compact, slim almost, nothing but muscle making up her legs and chest. In comparison her wings and tail seemed almost delicate. Not that it mattered, as far as Daravia is concerned she is perfect the way she is. And her colour, almost an orange-pink hue rather than red in places which darkened to a stripe along her back and on the ends of all her limbs. She certainly wasn't boring to look at and Daravia reached out with one hand to tug a wing open, her other hand still digging bits of meat out of the bowl. Darker spots seemed to be speckled across her body and she gently put the wing back in place.

What are you doing? Curiousity filled her voice as she daintily accepted another bite of meat, politely chewing without having to be told.

“I was looking at how pretty you are.”

“Daravia, Anedaith, congratulations. Get your room assignments from me when you're done and don't forget the oil.” She glanced up to find the Weyrlingmaster standing beside them and was about to acknowledge him when her dragon cocked her head, clearly confused before she swung her head from Daravia to D'zel and back.

D'via. Anedaith said with a very clear finality that was loud enough that she'd likely been speaking to everyone before turning back to the meat now that the confusion was cleared up.

Daravia shrugged lightly at the Weyrlingmaster. She hadn't been intending to shorten her name. He chuckled and moved away, leaving her to continue digging out the smallest bits of meat she could find as Anedaith seemed to be able to eat enough to fill three dragons her size.

Offline W'um

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 06:07:46 PM »
W'um swept by D'zel, handing the Weyrlingmaster the tablet and stylus they used to keep track of each one of the new Weyrlings. Simply so that the man wouldn't have to go retrieve it himself when his attention was obviously occupied elsewhere.

It just made sense keeping an on-site record when all four of them were in the pavillion at one time. They could assign rooms without my confusion, and Faranth forbid anyone's new name got forgotten in the hubbub of the evening, they had a record of it besides. It made memorising about 60 new names overnight a much more attainable task.

How's it look? He asked Liramyth, as he once again found a non-threatening place to position himself. It was an overwhelming time for the new Weyrlings, he didn't want to be up in their faces if he didn't have to be.

I think there's been an injury. There was a pause, as Liramyth presumably was asking another dragon inside the sands for an updated. It doesn't look good.

W'um sighed, another candidates life snuffed out. The risk of impressing he supposed. He wondered, briefly, if he would have taken the same risk, but it was a no brainer. W'um would've done anything and everything to impress Liramyth.

W'um oversees the Weyrlings of 2590, click here to find any Weyrling info you need.

Offline R'kan

• The fuck do you want?
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • red-weyrling.png
  • of Hisketh
  • Scoria
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 06:10:15 PM »
Those first few moments of feeding weren’t peaceful, exactly, with Hisketh ravenously demanding more. She wanted R’kan to be faster too, but he did at least put his foot down in that regard—even if it had her growling at him waspishly, I’m not an idiot. I’m not going to choke on my own food. But with nothing else warranting their attention while he fed her the first few handfuls of meat, everyone else in the world might as well have not mattered. Weyrlingmaster or no.

But R’kan frowned when he felt something… odd. It was an almost gravelly sensation, not really a voice but a presence of sorts, like someone was looking over his shoulder. He glanced up out of reflex, expecting to find someone there, at the same moment he felt Hisketh tense and tell him darkly, That isn’t me. That’s someone else.

“Another dragon?” That didn’t make any sense. Wasn’t it considered rude for them to invade the mind of another rider? At first, annoyed though he was, R’kan thought maybe it was just another of the Reds. They’d all been projecting really loud, hadn’t they? But once again, Hisketh banished that thought. It doesn’t sound like any of the others I heard before.

“Then who the fuck…”

I. Don’t. Know. Previously, she’d laid down on the wood of the bench to allow R’kan to feed her. But she rose to her feet then, tail lashing angrily, and her gaze had turned red as she looked around the Feeding Pavilion, drowning out even the orange of her continued hunger. Hisketh might still be starving, but she pushed that aside for the moment to address what she saw as a more present problem. But without the experience of being able to pick a voice or another dragon’s presence out of a crowd, there was no way for her to tell who had been so inconsiderately listening in on what should be a private conversation.

R’kan did look up sharply when someone else approached to address them. He realized it had to be D’zel. He’d only ever seen the man from a distance before, but O’sir had pointed him out to the Candidates on prior occasions so that they would know to be respectful. Just like with all ranked riders. 

But R’kan wasn’t feeling particularly respectful, and his eyes narrowed when D’zel spoke. How the fuck did he already know their names? Hisketh hadn’t even introduced herself to him, already knowing that he’d be aware of her name, and he couldn’t imagine her talking to anyone else at the moment when she’d been so focused on him and the bowl of meat. That, and he hadn’t told his new honorific to anyone yet either. The only person who could have even known it was Hisketh.

Next to him, her eyes turned an even bloodier shade, and she openly growled at the man, bristling and flaring her wings some to the point she nearly knocked the food off the bench. Annoyed, R’kan narrowly caught it and then shoved at her snout in an effort to get her to stop.

“Thanks…” he said, not really sure how a person was supposed to tell a ranked rider they were being an ass. Or that their dragon had been. It almost seemed worth it to just say so upfront, with the way Hisketh’s anger was bleeding over into him.

But she spoke before he did, after an awkward moment of silence passed. D’zel was already moving away. Since she didn’t know which dragon was his, and wasn’t feeling particularly charitable regardless, she simply pulled down the focused channel between herself and R’kan and broadcast to the Pavilion at large, It’s fucking rude to eavesdrop.

It wasn’t a shout, not loud exactly, but very noticeable. Some kinship she felt with her Red siblings pushed her to alert them and their riders as well that someone was snooping. At her side, R’kan just groaned. “Are you trying to get us in trouble?”

Spoiler for OOC:
:bird:

Family for R'kan

Offline D'via

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 02:59:07 AM »
“How did he know your name anyway?” D'via asked as Anedaith continued eating.

My brother said that he was eavesdropping. The red swung her head round to look at the deep red over with Rinokan and D'via got the feeling she was projecting when she continued. I don't see why that is a problem, he has to know us to make us the best right? I want to be the best! She continued quietly. We will be the best because you are the best.

She turned back and took another bit of meat before continuing rather thoughtfully. But only them, because the rest aren't helping us.

Offline D'zel

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 03:16:48 AM »
Rohbarth was amused at the antics of Hisketh as she postured because really, she was right, it had been rude of him. Also necessary. A weyrlingmaster could not afford to be liked, though it was a bonus if it happened.

Weyrlings often had stupid ideas. Either or both halves of the pair. Between them, he and D'zel had seen it all, from the class that went skinny dipping in the weyr lake in winter to trying extra lessons without any assistance and falling out of the sky. Then there were the arrogant, the prideful, the fearful, all the ones that didn't listen, or thought they knew better or just didn't believe in themselves.

He listened in and found their names and presence so soon after they left the egg and impressed because it meant they imprinted on him too, not in any noticeable way for them. But for him, he could find each pair as quickly as he could. Perhaps it would help some of them, perhaps it would not. He would not apologise for doing what he had to. They could all hate him, it wouldn't matter if that meant they all lived.

He huffed softly at Anedaith's comment, that was mellow for a red and she seemed to understand. If only all weyrlings were like that.

This was also useful for working out who might get along with each other, he was reminded of that as D'zel took the tablet from W'um with a quiet, “thank you”.  Last thing they needed was two clashing personalities in one room. The stress that could cause could take months to fully deal with as the newly hatched made sorting out feelings so much harder. Especially when they unintentionally projected their emotions and upset the entire barracks. Or worse, the ones that buried their feelings and upset the growing bond between themselves and their rider. Only once had they not noticed that happening, and never again would he relax too soon and try to be nice, between was no way to escape anything except thread. D'zel still had nightmares about that one.

No, he and D'zel had weathered many classes, one little posturing red was of no consequence all told. When she was older she might even understand why it had been necessary. For now he turned his attention back to the new influx as several more reds entered the pavilion. He and D'zel had a job to do.

Rohbarth is 5.2M tall, 29M long, with a wingspan of 48M

Offline W'um

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 03:29:22 AM »
Well that was certainly interesting. Liramyth commented amusedly to W'um at Hisketh's loud broadcast. The young red was certainly correct, in their humble opinions, it was rude to eavesdrop. But it wasn't his place to say anything. D'zel and Rohbarth would likely never be able to do so again with the pair, but W'um still believed it was a... mistake for D'zel to have done so.

It was always better to simply ask, W'um thought from experience. Weyrlings were young, that was for sure, and some were definitely younger than others, but the time would fly by. And soon enough they'd be fully fledged members of the Weyr. Having the person who was supposed to teach them the way of the Weyr so... outwardly flaunt his power, wouldn't do him any favours.

Regardless, a few days in, and the connection between the rider pair would be solid, and no one would have a chance of butting in. No matter whether D'zel and Rohbarth would want to or not. Their minds would no longer be so open and new, and they'd find their own little wavelength to talk on, one that no one else could find.

This pair might find theirs a little quicker after that obstruction.

He hoped briefly, that D'zel would give the Assistant overseeing the clutch a chance to butt in and meet their new Weyrlings. D'zel was the Weyrlingmaster, but he didn't play the same role in the everyday life of the Weyrlings. The Assistant was supposed to be confidant, mentor, first-port-of-call, and D'zel was their allmighty ruler. He'd certainly made that clear already it seemed.

Remembering fondly his own first clutch as Assistant, seeing everyone all shiny and new. It was nearly a turn later and he still found the job awe inspiring and gratifying.

Offline R'kan

• The fuck do you want?
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • red-weyrling.png
  • of Hisketh
  • Scoria
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2018, 10:40:36 AM »
The reprimanding that R’kan had been expecting never came. It was enough of a surprise that he glanced with a frown between D’zel and W’um, who he knew was one of the assistant Weyrlingmasters—but not his. Yet neither of them moved to correct Hisketh. D’zel didn’t even seem to be acknowledging that anything had happened at all. Nor did the gravelly presence from before, or the accompanying voice, break through to either one of the pair.

He hadn’t been anticipating an apology. Older, higher ranked people almost never did apologize to those younger than them, R’kan had found, even when they had actually fucked up and made a mistake. Being outright ignored, though? That stung a fair bit and did nothing to earn his respect, nor Hisketh’s. R’kan could feel her rage radiating off her; it felt hot, somehow, even though there was no aspect of actual physicality to it. Just the burning layer of her anger over his own thoughts.

And they are in charge of us? she hissed at him—and again, her rider knew it was really more of a rhetorical question. She snorted derisively, flexing her claws and digging deeper scratches into the wood of the bench. Ridiculous.

Her attention swiveled to Anedaith for a moment then, studying the other young Red with eyes still a color that complemented her hide. He can get to know us without sticking his snout where it doesn’t belong. The comradeship Hisketh already felt for others of her color kept her from telling Anedaith outright that she was stupid for being okay with another dragon forcing their way into her rider’s head, but only just. And after saying her piece, she turned back to R’kan in what was a clear dismissal.

The two of them eyed each other for a few breaths, as R’kan pulled apart more of the bits of meat. Some sense told him that Hisketh was focusing with all her might—and all of a sudden, it felt like he’d stepped out of a room with low murmurs to the quiet of an abandoned tunnel. She’d put walls up between their minds and those around, it seemed. But she did appear distracted now as R’kan held out some food to her again.

“You don’t have to do that for me,” he told her in a low voice.

I only just got you, Hisketh replied after a moment, orange returning to her eyes some as she calmed a little and took the chunk of raw, juicy meat from his hand. I’m not sharing you.

Family for R'kan

Offline Vassatiere

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2018, 10:01:12 AM »
Vassatiere arrived at the feeding area in a semi-daze. It hadn’t really set in that she’d... that there was a dragon in her arms. That she’d walked off the Sands with one. He was so small, so beautiful. She’d never felt so close, so attached, and so protective of anything in her life beyond her own person.

His blue – green eyes watched her almost as intently as she watched him. There was an underlying ache of hunger that didn’t... that wasn’t hers... but she also felt like he was searching her as much as she was trying to convince herself this was real.

Holding him helped. Having the weight of him in her arms, the heat of his body pressed against her chest. Something physical to touch. Quite suddenly, Vassatiere was pulled out of her thoughts when he bit her upper arm. Just... bit her.

She stopped and scowled a little. “That hurt.”

Quit thinking you’re in a dream. I’m hungry, he grumbled into her head, the sound a bit raspier that she’d imagine a newly hatched dragon might sound? Like he’d already been alive for some turns.

He bit her again. In the same place. This time she did outright scowl and damn near dropped him. “Quit it!” she snapped, a bit angrier when she noticed the second bite had drawn small drops of blood to the surface of her skin. Nothing terrible, it was more annoying than anything else.

We’re so close to the food and you’re sitting here lost in your own head, he hissed into her head.

It was only then that she felt a little guilty and rushed to find a spot and snatch up a bowl of meat. So, maybe he was right. I am. Which she ignored while settling on the bench and finally, reluctantly releasing him. Almost afraid the bright, beautiful Red might dash away.

But he didn’t. Instead, he sat on his haunches and waited expectantly, blue eyes tinged a little red. It matched his hide brilliantly. Ysolth’s deep red wings flared some to help him balance while his tail swayed to and for, not quite impatient but still waiting. Not a favorite thing of his, but he’d wait for Vassatiere. Only just. His dark claws dug into the wood of the bench and he even leaned forward when she picked up the meat, sniffing and thrumming some in his hunger. Mindful of the portions she picked up, and trying not to think of how gross it felt, Vassatiere offered him bite after bite. Slowly, so he had to chew a little and take a breath between. He threatened to nip at her fingers each time, but that actually made her smile and, after the third time, laugh softly.

It was cute. Playful. And after the fourth bite, he trilled soft and low to indicate he was enjoying himself beyond the food too.

Vassatiere was completely oblivious to the other people around her, those that had previously Impressed that she’d watched so closely before just didn’t matter. Ysolth, and his calming blue eyes, were her world. And he quite liked it that way.

Offline J'ken

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2018, 04:12:43 AM »
Well, being late is probably not the best start to a new post. However turning up stark naked would likely have been even less of a good start. He'd just started to relax in the pool when Tadriath had let him know, with amusement of course, that the clutch was hatching and he needed to get to the hatching ground.

Rohbarth says D'zel is collecting names and sorting room assignments. Do you want the names? Tadriath sounded unsure of himself as he hunkered down next to Rohbarth and Liramyth. For all his dragons excitement at doing something new he was just as nervous as J'ken was, although you couldn't tell by looking at him as he settled with the air of a dragon who knew exactly what he was doing.

No, I'll try and talk to them all, introduce myself. He replied as he shook himself off and stared around the already busy feeding pavilion. At least the rain wasn't really getting into here and... Oh. My! That's a lot of red dragons. Really tiny, cute red dragons. And even smaller than Masath from last turns clutch and she is still adorable even now.

I think there's been another death. Tadriath added as he tilted his head.

Accidental?

There was a moment of silence as Tadriath conferred with whoever he was getting information from. I believe so. Just a badly placed claw.

Well then, accidentally murderous tiny adorable dragons. Who settle down upon bonding and are no different from any other dragon or so the previous turns clutches suggest. This weyrling business had a lot to remember. He's still not sure how he got roped into it. He had been sitting with D'zel one evening and been chatting and then he might have mentioned he'd enjoyed a chat he'd had with a weyrling called S'nis a few months back. There was definitely a drink involved around this time, and then next thing he knows he's been potentially offered the job. Tadriath was suspiciously quiet on the matter. He was also refusing to help J'ken decide one way or the other beyond reminding him that they can go back to mountain and exploring once their weyrlings have all graduated. That might have been what finally got him to sign on, considering this a long vacation, albeit filled with worrying over his charges. He'd pretended not to notice that Tadriath was feeling particularly smug as he got the feeling he'd just been had but with the alcohol he couldn't quite work out how.

What had then followed was a strange mix of mountain duties as he tried to finish up the area he'd been mapping and meetings with D'zel in between and despite that he still doesn't feel ready for this. But hey, he hadn't felt ready for thread the first time they flew and they'd come out without a scratch so it couldn't be any worse. On the other hand he probably should have told Joss that he's taking a couple of turns out of mountain.

So how to begin is the question, it's been a long time since he was a weyrling, not that the first few nights are very memorable beyond 'feed me', 'oil me' and sleeping. How had D'zel put it, the weyrlingmaster was as good as a weyrleader to the weyrlings, an authority they would learn to accept whether they liked it or not. Because there might come a time in a wing when they are given an order and not following it immediately can cost lives. The assistants however are there to coddle and coax and be the friendly faces as well as teach so that they grow up to be balanced and knowledgeable. He wouldn't touch D'zel's post, but being friendly is a job he can do.

He gave W'um a distracted wave as he looked around again, carefully noting that most of the little reds were still eating, he'd let them finish that before trying to talk to them or he'd likely get no sense at all. Instead he picked up one of the small tubs of oil and a cloth and waited for any that were finishing with the meat before approaching.

Spoiler for ooc:
New friendly Asst. Weyrlingmaster here who has no clue what he's doing and is making shit up on the spot :P Anyone wanting to snag J'ken, just have him approach with oil.

Length: 28.2M, Height: 5.7M, Wingspan: 47M

Offline R'kan

• The fuck do you want?
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • red-weyrling.png
  • of Hisketh
  • Scoria
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2018, 01:44:00 AM »
Though it was slow to dissipate, eventually Hisketh’s anger did fade when no other interruptions presented themselves. R’kan didn’t care to focus on anything but her, truly admiring the color of the Red’s hide now as he continued to offer her pieces of meat. With her making the effort to shield their connection from any other interlopers, there was an increased sense of intimacy to it that couldn’t be ignored. And as the reality of the situation started to settle in, R’kan couldn’t help but marvel at it all.

He had Impressed. And not just to any dragon—to this gorgeous thing, unique and individual in all ways. Of course, R’kan knew that each dragon was… but there was an appeal to realizing that he’d bonded to something unusual that he didn’t try to stifle. And Hisketh, for her part, seemed amused at the direction his thoughts had taken. She didn’t say as much, but he could tell in a way that was as distinctly alien as it was right. Hisketh’s mind simply hadn’t existed until some moments ago, but now R’kan couldn’t imagine anything else.

That wasn’t to say that it wasn’t going to take some getting used to. But he found himself utterly in love with her—and in contrast with the way he might have wrinkled his nose at such a notion in a romantic sense, there was no room for doubt or self-consciousness here. They were meant for each other, and there would never be anyone or anything that could tear the two of them apart.

A few chunks of food remained in the bottom of the bowl when Hisketh was done. R’kan had expected her to eat more… but then again, she was tiny. And as ravenous as she had been, there was now a sense of content fullness settling on her end of the bond, enough so that R’kan didn’t feel hungry any more either. Whether he actually had been, or whether it was just bleed-over from Hisketh, he didn’t know. Picking the two sensations apart seemed a particular challenge.

And he didn’t much care to at the moment anyway. Not when Hisketh was stretching out on the bench, eyes half closed and now a tranquil blue. She even yawned some, flashing her sharp teeth, as R’kan dropped the piece of meat she’d refused back into the mostly-empty bowl and set it on the table.

I itch, she observed after a moment, shoulders and wings twitching as she realized there was a space between them that was bothering her in particular. Can you do something about that?

“Yeah.” R’kan had half risen to go retrieve a pot of oil when he caught sight of a man approaching them and sat back down. Warily, he eyed him, half waiting for an intrusion to try to break through Hisketh’s telepathic shield, but she didn’t seem perturbed. This was someone he didn’t recognize, but maybe the man was their Assistant Weyrlingmaster? When he had reached them, R’kan ventured a, “Hey?” Hopefully he’d be offering them that oil and rag. If not, he’d slip off to get it himself.

@Jarakrisafis <3

Family for R'kan

Offline J'ken

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2018, 06:48:13 AM »
The first to be done was a dark coloured red who'd bonded to someone who had to be right in the middle of the candidate age range. Well, he'd have to start somewhere and with the red apparently done eating they seemed like the obvious choice.

“Hey there. Your little one ready for this now?” He asked as he approached and held the oil out invitingly. “I'm J'ken, and the bright blue with the scar is Tadriath, we're the Assistant Weyrlingmasters for you unfortunate souls.” He grinned as he waved a hand back at Tadriath who had turned to look at them. “If I might know your name I can stop referring to you as 'the dark haired weyrling bonded to the dark red dragon', which is a bit of a mouthful.”

They are so tiny! Tadriath said suddenly to J'ken as he tilted his head further into the feeding pavilion, delight filling his tone. Was I ever that small? He asked before reaching out to the young dragon. Hello there, and who might you be?

@SirAlahn

Offline R'kan

• The fuck do you want?
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • red-weyrling.png
  • of Hisketh
  • Scoria
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2018, 11:31:25 AM »
Well, this one was making a far better impression on the pair than D’zel had—for which R’kan was grateful. He wasn’t sure he’d have been able to keep his mouth shut if a second Weyrlingmaster treated them the same way, and he already had the sneaking suspicion that Hisketh herself wouldn’t have bothered. As out in the open as she’d been about her displeasure before, R’kan couldn’t imagine that she would see a reason to act differently a second time. But even something as simple as introducing himself and then waiting for the same courtesy had rapidly made J’ken their favorite of the two they’d interacted with so far.

Which all-told was a good thing, since J’ken was the Weyrlingmaster they’d be interacting with most often. At least if R’kan had the right idea about how all of this was going to work.

“I’m Rinokan—”

R’kan.

“Sorry. R’kan.” He took the offered oil and cloth with a glance at his dragon when she interjected her correction of his name. “And this is Hisketh. Uh, it’s nice to meet you.” That was the polite way this was supposed to go, right? Hisketh hummed approvingly through their bond, so he figured it must be.

The Red herself instinctively bristled when she felt another’s voice reach out to her, but she quickly settled again once she realized that it wasn’t meant as an intrusion and didn’t attempt to breach the sanctity of her bond with her rider. Smoothing her ruffled temper, she turned her gaze to Tadriath, since he was the Blue that J’ken had indicated. Hello, she greeted in kind, tail lazily flicking behind her. My name is Hisketh.

Family for R'kan

Offline J'ken

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2018, 03:03:57 PM »
J'ken had to fight the smile at the first name the weyrling gave, the pause and then the correction. He could vaguely remember doing that himself a few times, the correction from his own dragon happening without fail every time until he stopped forgetting.

“Well, then, it's a pleasure to meet you R'kan and Hisketh. And I'd hope it's nice since you're stuck with me for several turns.” J'ken said with another smile. “Give a shout if you need more help, I don't see any injuries on the little one, but if there's anything hidden make sure you see a healer, otherwise, get your room assignment and head on over when you're done and ready.” He was trying not to overwhelm them with information, yet not leave them wondering what they were meant to be doing.

Welcome Hisketh. If you ever wish to ask anything, or your rider needs J'ken, I will answer if you call me. Tadriath was quite proud of himself and his excitement wasn't dimmed at all at the thought that they still had another thirty one to go. So many little ones!

J'ken gave R'kan another smile, waiting to see if he had any other concerns while he worked out who to go to next.

Offline Vassatiere

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2018, 03:39:04 PM »
He devoured everything in the bowl. All of it. When she reached into the metal bowl, not able to take her eyes from Ysolth, and found that there as nothing left she actually had to look. Maybe she’d just missed a piece? But no. It was all gone. But before she could bother anyone about it, he crawled forward and deposited his small head on her leg. ’m not hungry anymore, he assured, whispered voice low and lazy. It felt like he was just over her shoulder, murmuring in her ear but... but he was right in front of her.

Certainly his mouth wasn’t moving.

It was surreal, hearing him in her head. If it weren’t normal, she’d definitely think she was crazy.

Her small fingers gently traced his small eye ridge and Vassatiere wasn’t even aware a small smile etched its way across her face. He really was adorable.

My skin itches, he informed, unmoving and still lazy. Belly full of meat and energy depleted from his antics on the sand. Can you scratch between my wings? Down my back? Maybe even behind my legs, just where they connect to my body? he murmured. She almost just did what he asked before her lessons kicked in and she realized he probably needed oiled.

Right. So. No scratching. Reluctantly, Vassatiere moved his head off her leg – which earned her a bite to her fingers – before she stood and searched for some oil. It wouldn’t likely be far since newly hatched dragons needed such things.

It was odd in that she could feel Ysolth watching her. Like an odd weight on her shoulders. It was new, strange, and vaguely comforting.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 11:19:33 PM by Vassatiere »

Offline R'kan

• The fuck do you want?
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • red-weyrling.png
  • of Hisketh
  • Scoria
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2018, 09:18:44 PM »
“Will do…” R’kan hadn’t noticed any injuries on Hisketh, and didn’t feel any pain through their bond. But he did resolve to check her over during the oiling, just in case her play-fighting with some of her siblings had yielded scratches. Any spilled ichor would be pretty noticeable he thought, though, given the dark and vibrant red of her hide. It would stick out like nothing else.

“Thanks,” he added after a moment, making some effort to be polite. J’ken didn’t seem so bad. R’kan would much rather deal with him than D’zel, for sure. And Hisketh didn’t seem perturbed with him either, which was a good sign. But since the man didn’t offer anything else, R’kan simply turned to the task of oiling his dragon. Surely the Weyrlingmaster would be moving on to other pairs. He’d have quite a lot to go through yet given the amount of eggs that had been left on the Sands when Hisketh had Impressed to him. Even if R’kan saw that others had trickled out into the Pavilion in their wake.

Thank you. Her voice wasn’t exactly that of a proper lady, but Hisketh appreciated Tadriath’s politeness and offer of help. It didn’t come across condescendingly, so there was no reason to take issue with it. If we need anything, I’ll let you know.

She didn’t add that it would be only if absolutely necessary. Already, the little Red was confident that she and her rider could address whatever they needed to. But she still appreciated the offer.

Hisketh turned back to R’kan then, watching him as he removed the lid on the pot of oil and dipped the cloth in to let it soak up some of the fluid. Practicing on Zeketh would turn out useful, anyway… And as the thought crossed his mind, he heard her ask, Who is Zeketh?

“Uh.” R’kan wasn’t sure how deeply she could read his thoughts, so he did his best not to think about the certain associations he had with the topic. “He’s bonded to a… friend. Hopefully you’ll get to meet them soon.” Would that be weird? He had no idea.

Why would it be weird? Another rhetorical question, since she added, purring when R’kan started to oil her itching hide, I would like that, if they’re your friends.

Family for R'kan

Offline D'vik

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2018, 06:57:40 AM »
Seeing his freshly bonded dragonet zooming off in a direction that wasn't the feeding pavilion was somewhat alarming for D'vik. Much though he'd have liked to follow his sister and her new dragonet there, he couldn't let Heppath run off right from the get go. How bad would that look, Impressing and losing your dragon within 5 minutes?

With a curse, he mumbled a quick apology to Ravia before taking off after his dragonet. "Heppath!" he called, not thinking of using his mental voice because, well, he'd not used it ever before. "Heppath! You're going the wrong way!" He slowed to a jog as she scudded to a halt, looking back at him, obviously confused and irritated.

Well... Why didn't you tell me?! came back the accusing question, before her wings flopped down in defeat. Now I'll never win.

D'vik's heart went out to her, despite how amusing the situation would have been otherwise, looking so forlorn there in the sand, not least because he could feel her disappointment like stones in his own heart. Catching up with her finally, he scooped her up into his arms before she could protest, though she stiffened in alarm at the unexpected action. "Aww. There there, there'll be other chances to race your sister, I'm sure of it. You've got a whole two turns of growing up together, after all," he cooed, hugging her close to his chest as he turned back to the feeding pavilion at a walk. She was so tiny! He could almost squee with delight.

Is two turns a long time? Heppath replied after a brief pause, finally settling into her position in his arms with a little jiggle to get comfy. She found she actually quite liked it. She could see so much more up here! And, well, it was comforting, cuddling her rider, rocking gently up and down in time with his stride.

"Yeeeaah, it's a fair while. You didn't keep me waiting that long though! I was only a candidate for a turn or so before you came along."

I would never keep anyone waiting for me, she replied, indignantly, before asking What's a candidate?

"It's, err, it's what they call someone who's waiting to Impress a dragon. We all stand around each clutch in these silly white robes and hope that one of you picks us sooner rather than later," he explained, looking down at her with a grin.

I didn't pick you, she replied with such confidence in her statement that Dara had to do a double take until she went on. You were always mine, so I didn't pick you really. I found you.

"That's really sweet," Dara mused, nodding thoughtfully.

Finally approaching the feeding pavillion, D'vik easily picked his sister out from the crowd. A few more newly-minted Weyrlings had made their way into the pavilion while he'd been chasing Heppath, it seemed, since he'd only been expecting two. But it was Daravia alone who he approached. Well, Daravia and... and...

Anedaith Heppath supplied. Can I eat now? I'm very hungry, she added, sniffing the air and sticking her tongue out as if to see if she could taste the air. Not quite, but she could definitely smell something good. Food! she peeped in excitement.

Before D'vik could say anything more than "oww" she had slipped from his grasp and scrambled up his arm and around his shoulders like a clumsy firelizard, claws digging heedlessly into his skin as she sought purchase, leaning forward as if that's get her closer to the food. D'vik made a grab for her before she could launch herself off of his shoulder, which ended up with her tipping forward into his arms again in a very undignified manner. She squawked at him. Put me down!

"Hold on a sec, will you? Jays," he muttered, awkwardly righting her in his hands and plunking her down on the table next to Anadaith. "Now stay here for a sec, will you? And I'll get you some food, I promise." He turned away to the food bowls before quickly turning back just long enough to re-emphasise "stay," glancing at his sister as he did so.

Nonplussed, Heppath sat her butt down on the table for a whole second before getting up and sniffing curiously at Anadaith's bowl. You done with that?

It didn't take Dara long to return with a full bowl of food, the ex-candidate grabbing his dragonet before she could steal any of Anadaith's meat. "Here, greedy-guts, you've got your own now. No!" he had to put a hand on her chest to stop her diving right into it, using his other hand to separate a suitably sized bit from the rest. "Slowly, alright? Or you'll choke."

You should not have made me wait so long! Heppath admonished him in turn, almost biting his finger as she snapped up the gobbet of meat.

D'vik was unfazed. He fed her a couple more without comment, instead looking up to Daravia across the table with the most stupid grin ever on his face. "Look at that!" he marvelled, nodding down at the two dragonets on the table between them. "Aren't they so cute?!"

Spoiler for Hidden:
Tag @Jarakrisafis There we go, one that you can reply to if you want! The non-italic speech is where Heppath is addressing Anedaith. I'm excited to play them together finally  :happy:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 07:00:32 AM by D'vik »
Heppath is a tiny hatchling, no bigger than a firelizard

Offline W'um

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2018, 09:43:06 PM »
The assistant has arrived.

So late?

So late. The blue returned simply, not the best start to an appointment. But J'ken got stuck into it straight away, and W'um glanced around to see where he might be needed.

Checking the list to remind himself of the names, he approached a pair of reds and their new riders. The two looked quite similar, and he thought it was likely to be the twin pair of candidates he'd read up on. W'um usually kept a vague track of the candidate listings, so that when hatchings came around, it wasn't as hard to keep note of all the names.

But he wouldn't assume the young mans name, though his sister's new honorific had already been noted for them to be aware of.

"D'via, Anedaith. Congratulations." He greeted them with a smile. "And who might you be?" W'um asked her brother, including the as yet unnamed dragonet in the attention as well.

He slid two buckets of oil beside them as well, their dragons would be full to bursting and complaining of all their itches soon enough.

@Spiffy @Jarakrisafis

Offline Ysveta

• Perpetually Awkward
  • Was I not supposed to say that?
    • View Profile

• She/Her/Hers
  • turns old
  • blue-weyrling.png
  • of Oskith
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2018, 03:53:18 AM »
Oskith kept his wings raised all the way off the sands and onto the grassy floor of the feeding pavilion, stepping carefully which each move, a fact which Ysveta greatly appreciated. It meant her measured steps didn't look to out of place. She'd never been one to wander or meander, after all, they had places to be.

Right. It's they now.

Of course it is. Oskith said matter-of-factly but without a hint of insult in his words. Somehow he didn't make her feel stupid for not catching on quickly enough, he was just... helping her out. It seemed she had talked to him as well, either that or this was just him understanding her thoughts, rather than exact words. That was what O'sir said happened right?

Exactly. He said simply.

She too, it seemed, was experiencing what Oskith was, as her stomach cramped invisibly due to hunger emanating from Oskith. "You did say you were hungry. Here."

Ysveta went to a bench she picked at random, but Oskith headed towards a more strategically placed one. Not too far away from others in the tent that it would seem like they were distancing themselves, but not too close that they were intruding on any of their neighbours should they not wish to familiarise themselves with the pair of them. Whilst Ysveta hadn't... thought of that initially, somehow she found herself understanding the choice, without either of them saying anything.

Scooping Oskith up, she placed him on the bench beside herself, although it was likely his tall, spindly legs would have gotten him up there himself eventually. But standing herself, she quickly crossed the room to grab a bucket of meat, conveniently placed for the Weyrlings to grab apparently.

Because you are a Weyrling now. Oskith added to her thoughts when she came back to him, his eyes swirling orange with hunger, beading upon the fresh bucket.

"Here." She fed Oskith a bite before turning her attention to his feet, sand having stuck to him from his journey to find her.

I would appreciate not having that there if you could help.

Wordlessly, Ysveta grabbed the hem of her robes, and started to wipe away the sand, revealing the softly smudged white patches. "Well you are gorgeous." She said, with no hint of artifice. Ysveta rarely had any at all. Oskith nuzzled his head into her hand, and automatically she moved to scratch his eyeridges as Rantasyth had taught her, even as she reached to feed him with her other hand.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I'm so in love.

Has a scar from jaw to hairline across her left cheek, obtained in Kalestath's hatching of 2590.

Offline Na'va

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2018, 04:18:48 AM »
"Come on, this way." Na'va said with a laugh, as it seemed Derraseth was more than happy to barrel his own way from the sands. For her part, Na'va was happy to get of these sands as soon as damn possible, leaving candidacy behind her forever, and that continuous uncertainty. Besides, it might be fun to watch the anarchy of the reds as someone who'd been there and done that ya'know?

Not really. Derraseth interjected as he gave what could only be construed as a derisive snort. They entered the tent, and Derraseth paused only briefly before heading towards an obviously already over-occupied bench space.

"Hey, there's people already sitting there."

Yeah but that's where I want to sit. The red responded simply. Na'va considered that for a moment and shrugged.

"Works for me." Why shouldn't Derraseth get the bench he wanted? It's not like it had their names on it. If they didn't want to sit with him, then they could go move to another spot. Na'va sat down in the only free bench space, and Derraseth leapt up lightly onto her lap, spreading himself out across her like a cat, showing off the tail that looked just a little shorter than it was supposed to be. Not like Na'va cared one bit.

Where's the food? Derraseth projected loudly to anyone nearby that was close enough to hear.

Offline Vassatiere

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2018, 10:52:45 AM »
Oiling a real dragon, rather than a practice flit, was a wildly different experience. Not because Ysolth was really bigger, but because he was subtly directing her. She could tell when he was unsatisfied with the spot she was working on, when something was still itchy, and when she could move on. All wordless, though he was making soft purring noises of contentment while he lay, and roll, on the bench.

He was just... adorable. Beautiful. Perfect.

Yes, yes I am, he added lazily, his voice a whispered caress in her mind. Vassatiere could listen to him talk all day and never tire of it.

That had him feeling quite good about himself. Save that there was a heavy weight of sleepiness on him, which in turn made Vassatiere feel suddenly quite tired herself. She’d have been certain she was too excited, too thrilled that she’d impressed to ever sleep. Ysolth had other plans. Now that he was fed and oiled, the little dragonet just wanted to sleep. Where are we supposed to... he asked, murmuring in that whispered way he did. Trailing off while he quite literally fell asleep on the bench.

Having half of her asleep was an odd feeling. Like she was in a waking dream, and all her limbs were sluggish. It took her a moment to stand, steading herself on the bench a long moment, before she looked around. Was there a room assignment and... could someone carry both of them there? Cause that would be perfect.

Offline R'kan

• The fuck do you want?
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • red-weyrling.png
  • of Hisketh
  • Scoria
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2018, 10:20:10 PM »
R’kan wasn’t sure if it was possible to over-oil a dragon, but there was something mesmerizing about working it into Hisketh’s hide. She’d been a gorgeous thing already, but the oil seemed to polish her as he spread it, exposing the very subtle variations in shade that played along her when she moved—and then brightening the already stunning sunset colors of her wingsails. As small as she was, he ended up propping her half in his lap, utterly unconcerned about the fact he was getting oil all over his white robes. He was never going to wear them again.

Hisketh herself was practically dozing, thrumming a low and soothing purr as R’kan paid her attention. The effect of it was making him sleepy too, and as he worked he started to stifle more and more yawns. Coaxing the tiny Red to fan out one of her wings, he gently used the fabric of the rag to spread a little more oil there, marveling at the way the membrane folded and shifted so flexibly as he experimentally flexed her wing.

She cracked open one eye then, which was a deep and tranquil blue as she peered up to look at him. Entertaining yourself? There was a sharp bit of teasing there, but he could tell she didn’t really object. Rather, somehow he just knew that she appreciated him more or less fawning over her.

“Couldn’t have even dreamed you up,” he muttered to her, and then felt his face flush. Since when did he wax in any way poetic?

His dragon just purred all the more. Mmm, I like that. I’ll be able to teach you manners yet.

Another voice nearby projected at them, and it took on a weirdly muffled quality through the protective shell of Hisketh’s mind against his. But when she realized the other dragonet wasn’t attempting to invade their bond specifically, she relaxed it some and the voice grew louder. Only then did R’kan realize that someone else was aiming to squeeze into a spot at the table where they’d sat.

Blinking slowly, sleepily, Hisketh regarded her brother and simply answered, On the table. A hint of amusement tinged her voice, given that the bowls were in plain view. Or a table, anyway. The meat on this one might all be gone. Other weyrlings had already claimed it, after all, though she didn’t come right out and turn Derraseth away.

@Inki
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 12:54:14 AM by SirAlahn »

Family for R'kan

Offline D'via

« Reply #24 on: Yesterday at 04:44:05 AM »
D'via blinked at the sudden addition of a second red dragon in her field of view and then grinned at her brother as she recognised his voice. She'd thought he'd simply sat down at a different bench, he had impressed at the same time as she did. Dara turned away to get some food and she looked back at his dragon as she got up ignoring his request to stay. She giggled at... My sister is Heppath and her rider is D'vik, not Dara.. Anedaith put in with a faintly lecturing tone before she turned to her sister.

I am nearly done, you may share if you want. She said as her sisters head intruded on her bowl. Then she flicked her tail and said rather slyly, though without any malice. I got to the food first too!

“That's sweet of you Anedaith but I think she needs more than you're leaving.” D'via said as Dara... D'vik, sat down again with a full bowl of meat and started to feed his dragon.

“They really are. I can't believe we impressed together.” She replied, not even trying to hide her delight. That they might impress from the same clutch had been her hope, at the same time to the same colour was just perfect. She'd been worried he'd bond to a bronze or black and leave her with a red or green and then they'd be doing different things sometimes.

Anedaith stared wistfully at the remains in her bowl before flopping down dramatically on the bench, wriggling around so that she was upside down, he wings spread beneath her and D'via was surprised she seemed comfortable like that. My belly itches now.

“I'll grab some oil.” D'via said fondly, “don't go anywhere.” She didn't get very far as glancing up before she stood brought another person to her attention. She smiled shyly at the congratulations and Anedaith turned her head to look at the intruder with curiosity that turned to delight when he deposited a bucket of oil beside her.

I have no idea who he is but I like him. She said as D'via ran the oil soaked cloth from the bucket over her belly.

Spoiler for ooc:

OOC Recent

[Today at 02:23:19 PM]

[Today at 01:13:49 PM]

[Today at 05:23:25 AM]

[Yesterday at 03:44:39 PM]

[Yesterday at 02:20:44 PM]

[Yesterday at 03:38:10 AM]

by Kyya
[September 16, 2018, 11:27:49 PM]

[September 16, 2018, 09:56:21 PM]

[September 15, 2018, 09:37:04 PM]

[September 15, 2018, 01:16:13 PM]

[September 15, 2018, 11:35:15 AM]

[September 15, 2018, 10:42:06 AM]

by Wren
[September 15, 2018, 09:30:13 AM]

by Inki
[September 14, 2018, 09:07:19 PM]

[September 14, 2018, 04:09:47 PM]
Pern RPs | Other RPs
Red River Weyr - 3rd Pass Pern RP Rainbow Mists Weyr Canyon River Weyr | RPG-D
Fortune Favors the Brave | World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP OSH
Under the Wings Pern Unbound | Xenedria: Scifi Master/slave RPG
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!

Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! |
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Blood Law - Anitaverse RPG Open Affiliate!
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!