Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

Required Reading
links to read before you join

Ic Info
Character information, Applications, and Adoptables

Bestiarum
The notable fauna of SWW

OOC Extras
Fun things around the forum to wittle at time between posts or links to OOC info

A comprehensive list of links to all our info

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
7.2591 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every OOC week. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Whers here, though not for firelizards.  There are Candidate events, Weyrling classes, Holder plots, and Crafthall developments -- a little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!

Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a colored name here.

Remember,
this holds no IC consequence and is only for fun.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Event Can’t You Tell I’m Starving? [ 24.6.2591; 2 PM ] || Feeding  (Read 1108 times)

Offline J'ken

Re: Can’t You Tell I’m Starving? [ 24.6.2591; 2 PM ] || Feeding
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2018, 05:20:19 AM »
With the room filling up he could see that he would need to be in several places at once soon. The answer to the question of who to go to next was answered by one of the precocious little reds as an unfamiliar voice intruded with a plaintive query.

J'ken snagged a bowl and passed it over so the weyrling wouldn't have to move the little red that was in her lap. “Here you go. And who might you be?” He asked as he kept half his attention on the rest of the pavilion. There were more pairs filtering in now that the reds seemed to have all impressed and he'd rather not have any fighting for bench space. Especially when the first black pair entered.

Tadriath, let Rohbarth know that there may be a few that need their room assignments as they look to be done. He couldn't be in several places at once, no matter how he tried and seeing W'um also circulating was a comfort.

Spoiler for ooc:
@Inki for Na'va

Length: 28.2M, Height: 5.7M, Wingspan: 47M

Offline D'zel

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2018, 05:42:18 AM »
Rohbarth passed on the message from Tadriath and D'zel looked up from the waxed tablet he was using to figure out who might work with who. Without causing any fights. He could just imagine the trouble if he put a black and bronze in the same room if they'd scuffled on the sands. Or weyrlings that hadn't got on before they'd impressed. There were a lot more things to think about than just shoving them into a room and hoping they got along. Stress was not good for a newly hatched dragon so minimising it in any way possible was the aim.

Keeping the reds together seemed most logical otherwise they'd likely drive the less hyperactive colours to distraction. Maybe together they could also wear each other out so their weyrlings could get enough rest. He quickly scribbled down the names Rohbarth was providing and separated them out. He scooped the tablet up and wound his way to... he checked the list again. Vassatiere and Ysolth.

“Hello, all done? If you're sure he's got no injuries you'll be in room six.” He said as he gave a smile at the sight of the sleeping red. At least they were small enough to carry. They'd likely have to wake a bronze or black that fell asleep.

Spoiler for ooc:

Rohbarth is 5.2M tall, 29M long, with a wingspan of 48M

Offline Vassatiere

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2018, 11:21:33 AM »
Vassatiere knew D’zel by sight, even if they’d never been formally introduced. She’d have been a poor candidate indeed if she didn’t know the Weylingmaster. Even so, she blinked at him several times while she worked to process exactly what he was saying. Injuries? Was she injured? No, no. And Ysolth certainly wasn’t. If he had been hurt in any of his playing, Vassatiere was certain he’d have said something.

Or at this rate, she’d have felt it herself.

Yawning, she nodded again and repeated under her breath over and over so she wouldn’t forget, “room six”.  Why did that seem so hard to remember right now? Why did she feel so... so slow?  If this was what it was going to be like every time Ysolth went to sleep, she was just going to give up functioning when he was.

For now, though, she carefully scooped up her precious Red and slowly, concentrating on eat placement of her feet, began walking towards the weyrling barracks. She’d had to adjust her course a couple of times because she’d list off to one side, but she eventually did make it.

Room six, room six, room six.

They made it and, not even bothering to see if there was something to change into, she just curled up on the closest cot with Ysolth and promptly went to sleep. She’d deal with other stuff later. When sleep wasn’t so appealing.

Offline D'vik

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2018, 03:27:29 AM »
"I know right?" D'vik agreed excitedly with his sister, popping another piece of meat into Heppath's open maw absently. "I mean, what are the chances? I never thought-" he started, before going silent as a voice in his head interrupted him.

Every chance. I told you already, you were always mine, likewise with Anedaith's, Heppath said to D'vik and her sister, giving the other little red a nod before opening her mouth hungrily again.

"I... well, I didn't know that before now. Anyway, I'm glad we did," D'vik continued, shaking his head. He was going to have to get used to having his thoughts silently interrupted. "I was afraid you were gonna Impress first and leave me behind as a lowly candidate, y'know? Or the other way around, I wouldn't want that either. That'd suck balls. But anyway, we're both Weyrlings now, eh?" he finished, tentatively stroking Heppath's back with his non-meaty hand, as if afraid that giving her too much attention might push her away.

Instead, Heppath leant into the contact with a purr. Mmmm you can keep that up. Can you scratch me there? It itches she murmered, and somehow D'vik knew exactly where there was without having to ask, the thought passing wordlessly through their bond. He obliged with a chuckle.

"We're gonna have to get you some oil soon too, it seems. You done eating yet?" he asked, reaching suggestively into the now half empty bowl.

Not yet, she confirmed, though she took the next few bites with less gusto than initially.

Both their attentions were caught then by the arrival of one of the Assistant Weyrlingmasters. No sooner had W'um congratulated his sister on her Impression did D'vik turn a surprised look her way. "D'via?" he muttered questioningly to her with a raised eyebrow. He didn't think Daravia had wanted to shorten her name. Had Anedaith chosen it for her as Heppath had insisted on calling him D'vik, not D'ara or some other varient?

He quickly turned back to W'um as the many addressed him in turn though.

"Dar...vik" he began to say before a mental prod from Heppath reminded him that that had changed now. "D'vik, sir," he finished with more confidence. "And this is Heppath," he continued proudly, still almost bursting with happiness at this whole thing, Heppath herself giving the Weyrlingmaster a nod. He accepted the bucket of oil gratefully. "Thanks. W'um, right? Of Liramyth? It's good to meet you. Will you be looking after our class?" He didn't think W'um would be in charge of them, not if they were following the usual pattern, but he didn't know who the new Weyrlingmaster was yet, though he'd obviously heard wind that there was going to be a new one. At the very least, the question may lead W'um to point out their actual Assistant from those gathered.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Heppath is a tiny hatchling, no bigger than a firelizard

Offline Na'va

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2018, 03:31:21 AM »
That one says there's food on the table Na'va, I'm hung- But Derraseth's demand was cut of by someone handing them a bowl before Na'va could even move.

Well that was efficient.

Definitely.. It was still so weird, talking to herself and having someone else answer, and whenever she actively attempted to do so (which she did to test right now, leaving J'ken waiting until she was finished) she couldn't seem to get the words right. It just didn't go. But as soon as she stopped concentrating and just allowed herself to think, Derraseth understood everything. She guessed that would be one of the things they'd figure out as they went along.

"Na'va and Derraseth." Na'va answered before Derraseth could butt in. She didn't want to make the impression that Derraseth would do all the talking for the two of them. But somehow she got the feeling Derraseth had been waiting for her anyways. Weird.

Ripping up a piece of meat so that it was small enough for Derraseth to gulp down. "We're good now." Her tone was a mixture of annoyed, sarcastic and just in-general rude. But hey, if this Weyrlingmaster wanted to keep his attention only half on her, she'd certainly force him either way. "Oil next then off to our rooms, thanks."

Who're you? Derraseth demanded of the red who had told him about the food, not bothering to give any of his attention to J'ken. He was boring.

Spoiler for Hidden:
@SirAlahn for Hisketh
@Jarakrisafis for J'ken
Ooops

Offline W'um

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2018, 03:40:47 AM »
W'um smiled at the slip up, the significance of how many who had come before him having done the exact same thing, was likely lost upon the young man, but certainly not on W'um. Who had seen his fair share of hatchings, watching, volunteering and now assisting. Every hatching had young riders coming to grip with their new name, and by extension the nature of their forever-bond.

"Well then D'vik and Heppath, congratulations to you as well." He sent the names on to Liramyth just in case he forgot in the time it took him to return to the tablet later on.

Grinning happily that D'vik had taken time to learn his name he responded, "It is indeed W'um, and you can just see Liramyth's head poking in there like the nose he is. But no I won't be overseeing your clutch. Uhhhm," he looked around the room to spot J'ken, talking to another of the red riders, or at least, being talked at by one of them. "You see the dark haired man over there. That's J'ken, he and Tadriath will be overseeing you."

Leaning in conspiratorially, he said in an over-exaggerated whisper. "It's their first clutch, so go easy on them. Not too many pranks okay?" He winked show hopefully show them he was joking. They'd learn soon enough anyways, besides, he was a lot less intimidating than Wa'by's special form of humour.

"So you two will be in rooms 5," he nodded at D'via, "and 4." He gestured at D'vik. Always good to split up siblings he thought, they could get entirely too comfortable. "With the administration out of the way, do you have any questions for me before you finish up your oiling and head off to bed?"

@Jarakrisafis @Spiffy

Length 28.5m ~ Height 5.7m ~ Wingspan 47.31m
W'um oversees the Weyrlings of 2590, click here to find any Weyrling info you need.

Offline Ysveta

• Perpetually Awkward
  • Was I not supposed to say that?
    • View Profile

• She/Her/Hers
  • turns old
  • blue-weyrling.png
  • of Oskith
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2018, 03:59:30 AM »
Oskith started to chew slower and slower as Ysveta fed him pieces of food from the bowl. She was actually feeling tired, which was strange because she was so intently focused on Oskith. It wasn't until Oskith yawned widely, flicking a long tongue and snapping his teeth together on close, that she realised it was his tiredness accenting hers.

The next piece of food she handed him he nosed away, and shifted to lay his head down on his front paws, blinking slowly.

Do you think we could go to sleep soon? Because I am very sleepy.

"I know you are. I shall attempt..." And she trailed off as she looked around the feeding pavilion. All the adults that she had observed writing on that little board were talking to other people. If she just kept... looking at them, eventually one of them would look up and see her.

It might be a little creepy for them to turn around and see her staring at them but she couldn't think of any other way to not disturb their work.

Oskith of course, was the one to spot that Vassatiere had moved away from D'zel, and that he was free to ask questions of. Excuse me, sir. Could we please get our room number? Ysveta and Oskith by the way to add us to your list.

@Jarakrisafis

Has a scar from jaw to hairline across her left cheek, obtained in Kalestath's hatching of 2590.

Offline D'via

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2018, 02:16:24 PM »
She was glad that Dara. D'vik. (That was going to be confusing.) Seemed to have had the same worries she had, it made her feel a little more secure as she started to work the oil into Anedaith's hide, the red giving off a strange sort of contented hum as she worked. She let D'vik talk, he always knew what to say anyway.

She gave a small smile at the thought of pranking the weyrlingmaster, but she'd never actually dare to do something like that and she shook her head quickly. “Not from me. I think bed is definitely a good idea.” It was early but she was very sleepy. If she remembered the lessons right that was from Anedaith, but for the first few days it would be really strong and she'd feel it too.

She was sort of upset about being in different rooms, but they were still right next to each other really so it wasn't like he was going anywhere. And I can talk to Heppath too. Anedaith put in. D'via was actually sort of getting used to the random comments that just appeared in her brain, although it didn't make it any less thrilling any time it happened.

She waited for the man to move away before coaxing Anedaith onto her lap so she could oil the top half of her body. The little red just gave out a sleepy little chirp and let herself be moved, her wings draping limply over the side of her lap.

She looked up D'vik and actually answered his earlier question once they were alone again. “Anedaith won't call me anything else.” She glanced down at his dragon. “Did Heppath pick your name too?" She still wasn't sure what to think about that. She hadn't been planning to change her name, she was used to being called Ravia or even just Rav on occasion. D'via was weird, it didn't quite feel like her yet.

@Spiffy

Offline D'zel

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2018, 02:29:47 PM »
Well, that's a change. Rohbarth said as D'zel straightened up so he could work out who had just spoken to him. There was a weyrling looking at him, her sleepy looking blue draped over the bench that might fit. Yes. That is Ysveta and Oskith. I like them. Very polite.

D'zel wasn't going to argue with that, since it did make a nice change of pace from the reds who were entirely rude and unpredictable. It didn't take long to manoeuvre through the benches, avoiding draped tails and wings as he went.

“Ysveta, Oskith. Congratulations. You're in room five.” He said as he consulted the tablet. “As long as he's got no injuries and you've made sure to oil him, head on over there as soon as you want.”

Offline Ysveta

• Perpetually Awkward
  • Was I not supposed to say that?
    • View Profile

• She/Her/Hers
  • turns old
  • blue-weyrling.png
  • of Oskith
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2018, 03:40:13 PM »
They didn't write our names down. They've been listening in.

Come to think of it, Ysveta had felt some foreign mind brushing her own, she'd thought it might've been the unruly reds. But it was him?

Quite likely.

Ysveta had to take time to think on that. Was that something everyone could do? She didn't remember that from etiquette classes. But she definitely knew that she didn't like it. Her bond wasn't meant to be something everyone else could understand, that was for sure. Ysveta rarely felt angry, and she didn't feel so now. But she certainly felt... violated.

Something was truly hers and someone else had been peeking through a window she didn't know was there. "Why were you listening?" She asked, not angrily, but certainly with a hint of accusation in her voice. In all honesty she didn't understand, perhaps it was just something she should have prepared herself for. But now the strange pushes and pulls that had been perpetuating her and Oskith's first moments were feeling decidedly not nice.

Oskith raised his head from his hands for a moment, squeezed his eyes tight shut and opened them again. It's alright.  I know him now, it won't ever happen again. And he projected the next matter-of-factly to D'zel and Rohbarth as well. Thank you, we are off to bed.

He nudged his snout into Ysveta, now sleepy again. It's just us two now. I need to sleep... And his eyes blinked closed, Ysveta looked at the Weyrlingmaster one last time, nodding her understanding of his instructions, made her decision about him, and walked from the pavilion with Oskith in her arms. 

Room 5...

Spoiler for Hidden:
@Jarakrisafis
Quick question, Rohbarth is listening in to everyone? Cause if so, I've gotta have Derraseth act accordingly as well :3 If anyone touches their mind they'll certainly feel it
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 06:07:05 AM by Ysveta »

Has a scar from jaw to hairline across her left cheek, obtained in Kalestath's hatching of 2590.

Offline D'zel

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2018, 04:28:39 PM »
D'zel almost sighed at the question. There was always a few in every clutch who noticed them. Not all of them, and some noticed but didn't care. The rest though, well accusing and curious was better than outright angry. In fact, angry hadn't really happened much before the red dragons had arrived, they were truly temperamental.

“Rohbarth reaches out to everyone, but he stops listening as soon as he knows who you are. If you're still feeling like somebody is listening in, it isn't us. As to why, if you're ever in danger in the first few months Rohbarth will know and be able to summon help even if you and Oskith can't.” D'zel said before Oskith seemed to concentrate and then thanked them.

They might make good weyrlingmasters one day. Rohbarth said as they watched them leave. D'zel couldn't find it in himself to disagree. Oskith was clearly able to sense the older blue, yet had dealt with it calmly, then worked out what to do next, while Ysveta had clearly been annoyed in some form, yet had remained calm and polite.

Spoiler for ooc:
@Inki He's reaching out to all the new dragons, but he's not actively listening in to the conversations beyond getting a feel for the mind - there are 32 of them and he's no super dragon. Was aiming for the sort of quick touch that most of them don't even notice given everything else that's going on.

Offline J'ken

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2018, 11:29:24 AM »
“Don't take that tone with me.” J'ken said with a hard stare at Na'va as he worked out what her problem was. It wasn't that hard to fathom out having had the same response from time to time with all his siblings. It was the, 'you aren't talking to me and only me so I'm going to be sulky and contrary and act like a child', tone of voice.

“I am perfectly able to split my attention between you and ensuring nobody is failing to care for their dragon and no fights are breaking out.” He gave a friendlier smile as he softened his tone. “Give it a couple of months and you'll pick up the knack to splitting your attention so you're not missing things when Derraseth speaks to you.”

He backed off enough to snag an oil bucket and dump them down beside her. “And yes. Oil, then sleep. Room six if nobody has given you your assignment yet.”

@Inki

Offline Na'va

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2018, 06:24:03 PM »
Na'va snorted humorously. "Okay then." It was a different tone.

It was so lovely getting a rise out of people. Besides, this assistant had done nothing so far that meant his tone would at all ingratiate her towards acting a certain way. Eventually she'd realised O'sir could make or break her, and in all honesty, he had been damn good at his job if she had to admit it. She'd just met this guy, Na'va had to test his mettle.

Rolling her eyes at his half-baked insult at her and Derraseth's multitasking abilities, she reached down and pulled the oil bucket closer to her, swiping and dipping the cloth into the oil. "Room six it is." Surely he should like... have a list of who had been assigned where already, but Na'va thought she'd messed with him enough for today. Besides, Derraseth was starting to get interested in the encounter again and she didn't necessarily know if he'd help to... uh... de-escalate the situation or the exact opposite.

She pulled him back onto her lap, where he'd been wiggling his way closer to the red nearest him, and turned her attention away from the Weyrlingmaster. Na'va was really quite impressed with Derraseth's hide. It perhaps wasn't conventionally attractive, but it was completely unique.

Offline Ki'ki

• GET WRECKED
    • View Profile

• SHE/HER
  • turns old
  • red-weyrling.png
  • of Aellath
  • Bee
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2018, 09:02:07 PM »
There was some fuss going on, Ki'ki was pretty sure, about some kind of wiggly brain-touching, and perhaps in some other situation she might have had a thing or two to say about it (such as: hi! or: oh, hi!). But as it stood, she had her mind and arms rather full already, and any second she wasn't devoted to her dragonet was a moment her dragonet became very distraught about it.

I didn't even know there were that many species of cricket! Aellath said. She was sure there would be some point in the future where Aellath rummaging around her brain would be gentle and considered, like a nostalgic young woman carefully rifling through her dead grandmother's treasure trunk, lifting each object with reverence. This was more like a small, drunk child slamming into every piece of furniture in the common area. She found it endearing, regardless; he had a remarkably soothing voice that she didn't think she'd ever tire of listening to.

"Well, most of them got eaten," Ki'ki informed him cheerfully. She stroked his hide, a beautiful, chaotic muddle of eye-searing shades. She ran her fingers under his little chin, giving it a good scritch, and Aellath melted into her lap, rolling over kicking his legs up in the air. She took the opportunity to rub his tummy, which he greeted with equal delight. She had managed to feed him some scraps of meat, but in all truth, Aellath seemed far more hungry for attention than for actual food. "It's not a great time for biodiversity."

Islands, said Aellath, with great deliberation, often have very small populations and limited breeding pools!

"That's right!" Ki'ki said, delightedly. "Though they can also have very unique species due to isolation! As a reward, I think you...should stuff another piece of meat in your mouth!"

I am hungry. Aellath popped open his mouth, and Ki'ki dropped a piece of meat in it. Aellath gulped it down hurriedly. Do you think you can rub some oil on me?

Ah, so he had seen some of the other dragons being tended to. She leaned in very closely and pressed her nose to his. "Do you think you've eaten enough?"

Oh yeah, definitely. All full.

"I feel like you would be sleepier if you were full," Ki'ki said. She gave his nose a gentle boop. "When I get a full stomach I basically just fall right over."

I will teach you to be strong like me, Aellath said. More rubs please.

"If you eat the rest of this meat," Ki'ki informed him, holding up the handful she had very thoughtfully rendered into more digestible morsels, "I will get the oil and pet you until you fall asleep, and then we can cuddle."

Aellath considered this, and turned himself around in Ki'ki's lap until he was better situated to eating. When are you going to eat?

"You can feed me when we wake up," Ki'ki said, reasonably. It had been a long, exhilarating day, and she didn't want to go to sleep and thus end what was doubtless the best day of her life. But she was comforted by the knowledge that it was just the first of many best days to come. "But we can't wake up till we sleep and we can't sleep till we get a room and we can't get a room until you've eaten. It's the law."

A little snort escaped him. Hmm. Fine. Another food, please.

Spoiler for Hidden:
don't mind me just a hundred years late to a thread shh shh it's fine...it's fine
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 09:07:44 PM by Ki'ki »

Offline R'kan

• Firecracker With a Lit Fuse
  • The fuck do you want?
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • red-weyrling.png
  • of Hisketh
  • Bonded to one firelizard(s)
  • Scoria
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2018, 06:25:22 PM »
All else aside, Hisketh was pleased that her brother had the class to actually ask her name. Even if it wasn’t in so many words. I’m Hisketh, she announced, pleased and near-proper though with enough of a burr in it to not really be prim. What’s your name?

Rubbing the last bit of oil under her chin, R’kan eyed her and then the pair that had joined them at the table. “You talking to someone?” he murmured to her, curious since he felt her focus shift away—but he couldn’t identify where. Maybe she was chatting with the other Red, the one with the pale splotches on him?

Hisketh didn’t answer him directly, but her voice was an amused and almost sultry purr. Jealous?

She was teasing him, but R’kan still scowled down at her. “No,” he grumbled, “just curious.”

You mean you’re being nosy.

“Whatever.” Lifting her off his lap once he’d set the oil aside, R’kan stood and set Hisketh back down on the bench. “Just got you,” he shot at her, in an echo of her sentiment earlier, “so I ain’t keen on sharing. Now stay put. I’m gonna go get our room number.”

Mmm, I won’t go anywhere. She seemed pleased at having gotten a reaction out of him. The little Red certainly looked sleepily, eyes half closed as she just sprawled on the vacated space. Watching him, she knew R’kan wouldn’t go far; she’d demand to accompany him otherwise. But right now, all she wanted to do was sleep—though she was still unopposed if the Red nearby asked her more questions.

R’kan had to stifle another yawn, and then moved toward one of the Weyrlingmasters—though not J’ken since he seemed occupied at the moment. “Uh, I guess I need my room assignment now?”

Spoiler for OOC:
@Inki for Derraseth

Whoever can be the WM to give him the room assignment. :happy:

Hisketh | Newly Hatched | 0.95M Long | 0.2M Tall | 1.577M Wingspan
Family for R'kan

Offline Wa'by

« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2018, 07:42:42 PM »
With not quite as much chaos following this hatching as the previous turn, it was almost calming being one of the riders wandering among the new pairs, offering answers to questions if they were asked, and oil or meat as necessary. But this wasn’t his group of weyrlings, and as was right and proper, Wa’by had made sure to step back as much as possible to let Jazza wander on through and get himself acquainted with the newbies.

That hadn’t stopped him from actually lending a hand however, it couldn’t be said that the blue rider was a bludger after all, but it was a little less… intense as what he’d imagined he’d be experiencing the following turn once his current lot had graduated. He’d been trying to figure out where he may be needed next when someone spoke behind him, his face lighting up at the sight of the fella who’d impressed first and a grin spreading across his face as he gave him his full attention. Wazza, Big D and Jazza had had all the luck with this lot, but it’d be hard to forget the voice of the little red when she had a go at ‘em for snooping without asking.

Big D’s perogative of course, but Wa’by wasn’t nearly so inclined. “Gotcha yourself a real beauty over there mate, but I reckon you’re right. She’s lookin’ bloody rooted. Nice bit of oilin’ though. If I could manage to whip up grog that looked like ‘er I’d be spewin’. Bloody ripper of a partner you got yourself.” He had been scanning the slate as he chattered, his  voice filled with excitement. He was complimenting the pair, though it might not have been easy to tell as much. He stopped on the name he thought was theirs, but wanted to give R’kan the opportunity to tell him himself.

“What are we calling you nowadays anyway mate? You and your Sheila over there.” A brief hesitation between the question and his next words, “She is a sheila, not a bloke? Can’t always pick ‘em from mind voices alone and Vicky’s about as useless as tits on a bull for that sorta thing.” He only whispered the last bit, though there was a low rumble from the blue to acknowledge the jest. Last thing he wanted was to fuck up like he’d done with the fella from the last turn… Thankfully he hadn’t minded having his dragon referred to as female, and he’d not made the same mistake twice.

Wa’by did wait until R’kan provided their names before answering the thing he’d come to ask about in the first place. “We’ve popped you down in room four. If he’s not still hangin’ about here, you’ll probably find Dicko and his little blue-blood floatin’ about in there already. Either way she’ll be right. Anythin’ else you need?” As he spoke, Vicith passed the message on to the other blue’s for their riders to note down. He didn’t give out the room assignments per-say, but it wouldn’t do to give a weyrling the same information four times in a day. He’d imagine that could get rather annoying. He’d wait to answer any further questions the new weyrling may have, but he wasn’t going to linger longer than necessary. He’d end up working a little bit with the weyrling classes that weren’t part of his own official group, but for the most part they were gonna be Jazza’s responsibility, and anything that might need special attention would be directed to him as appropriate.

Spoiler for OOC:
An explanation: Dicko = D’vik. Wa’by calls Red’s Blues because he calls Vicith Red. Jazza, Wazza and Big D are J’ken, W’um and D’zel in that order. I haven’t decided on a nickname for R’ken and Hisketh yet, but It might be Rocko and Hissy depending on future interactions… YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED @SirAlahn I think I’ve managed not to mangle too much, but if there’s any issues, please let me know and I’ll adjust. Any post with Wa’by is bound to be happy fun times ^^;
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 04:14:17 AM by Wa'by »

Offline Na'va

« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2018, 04:02:52 AM »
Derraseth allowed Na'va to pull him back onto her lap again, and instead spread himself as much as his tiny body could. His tail and neck only barely hanging down on either side of Na'va's thighs. Rainbow eyes whirled slowly as he blinked sleepily at the rich red nearby him. She had a pleasant voice.

Derraseth. My rider is Na'va. He responded even as he flipped over lazily, staring at Hisketh upside-down as Na'va oiled his underside.

Na'va snorted at her reds behaviour, even in his sleep state wanting to be just that little different from everyone else. The other dragons, he thought, were either being proper in their requests to their bondeds, or overly loved up with them. Derraseth didn't feel the need to wax eloquent to Na'va, they both knew they were on the same side now, it didn't have to be said aloud.

For her part, Na'va stared wide-eyed at the other assistant Weyrlingmaster.

Was he speaking Pernese?

She was damn thankful that he wasn't talking to her because she definitely wouldn't have been able to help herself. Na'va supposed she'd heard it vaguely back at the Hall, but it definitely surprised her to hear the accent from a dragonrider of all people. As it was, she sniggered a little to herself as she stood, taking the dozing off Derraseth with her.

Derraseth stirred enough to hiss at J'ken, for as much as he had been distracted by the conversation  with his red sister, didn't mean that he hadn't felt the emotions which had settled in Na'va as she decided her opinion of each of them. So far, it seemed, Derraseth would enjoy hissing at almost every one of the Weyrlingmasters.

With a happy twitch of his tail at that thought, Derraseth and Na'va headed out of the feeding pavilion and to room six.

Offline Ki'ki

• GET WRECKED
    • View Profile

• SHE/HER
  • turns old
  • red-weyrling.png
  • of Aellath
  • Bee
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2018, 04:04:20 PM »
Ki'ki supposed the bright side of Aellath's desperate need for affection was that she didn't have to worry about him eating too much, too fast, and possibly making himself sick. She obtained the oil for him with little difficulty, and when she deemed him sufficiently fed, began inundating him with the loving he wanted.

I have a great idea which is: I'm going to stay in your lap forever. He twisted and stretched and batted his little claws around while Ki'ki rubbed her hands over him, smoothing the oil into his hide. She felt a kinship with him in this regard: sometimes she too loved to get her skin coated in a healthy grime. Was there anything more satisfying than the squelch of sinking into a thick pool of mud? Probably pulling herself back out. The last mud bath hadn't gone well.

"Oh I definitely approve!" Ki'ki said, and bounced him a little on her thighs. He seemed to enjoy the rocking motion, and it seemed also to make him just a little bit more tired.

But you'll have to nap on me one day...I'm going to be very large, Aellath said, and genuine drowsiness was finally beginning to creep into his voice.

He was a red, so probably not terribly large, but then, how developed could the literature on reds possibly be at this point? They were already mutants. Who was to say Aellath wouldn't one day eclipse the sun. He did already, even as a newborn, seem to have quite a large set of wings. Maybe it was like other animals and their huge paws--Aellath would grow into them, perhaps?

She pictured flying through the air on a red dragon as big as a bronze, as the blacks she had once rued not being able to bond to.

"Doubtful! My muscles are huge." She paused her oiling to give him a little flex. Aellath stared at her for a moment, eyes wide, before he seemed to get the point and give an encouraging purr. "Full grown I bet I can still hurl you into the sun."

Excuse you. We will both be flying into the sun. He tried to maneuver himself up against Ki'ki's abdomen, a last-ditch effort to stay upright and thus more awake. Seeming to make up his mind about something, he said, We'll conquer the sun.

"THAT's the spirit!"

She noticed, finally, that her fellow weyrlings were getting their rooms and leaving. That was, ah, probably a thing they should do. The had to be a weyrlingmaster she could hassle.

She got a syllable through wait here before Aellath snapped to attention.

No thank you! He crawled up her chest, digging his claws into a host of sensitive squishy bits. Ki'ki made an undignified noise and helped hoist her dragonet up, where he promptly wrapped himself around her shoulders like he thought he was a flit. She immediately braced him with her hands. I'm going with you please!

"Of course. I was a very bad fool to suggest otherwise! Let's just, hmmm, let's just maneuver you back down a little, yes, off the very high perch from which you can easily plummet! Right into my loving arms. Very good, thank you. Not that I'm not totally confident you'd manage that fall like a champ."

Ah: target spotted! A weyrlingmaster. She made her way over.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I could also use a room, if any weyrlingmaster is available to reply!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 11:52:14 AM by Ki'ki »

Offline J'ken

« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2018, 01:51:40 AM »
J'ken let out a sigh as the pavilion started to clear a little and he let his eyes roam over the remaining weyrlings. That had been a sudden rush and he was still trying to remember all the different names and faces. Some had already made an impression - and not a good one. Others he was looking forward to teaching. Still that was the way of children. To push and see what they could get away with and it was now his job to push back to bring out their better sides and have them leave him as riders.

It was far more daunting than it had seemed when he'd accepted the position.

I think there's another one done. Tadriath said his head turning to peer across the pavilion from where he'd wedged himself.

J'ken twisted round, gaze easily finding the weyrling Tadriath was talking about as she had a sleepy red dragon hooked onto her shoulder. He watched with amusement as she shifted her dragon into her arms and then looked around and started in his direction. Tadriath was definitely right there J'ken thought as he headed over to meet her.

“Hello, and you are? And your little lady or little man?” He asked as he gave the red a smile. They appeared to be argumentative, talkative little handfuls but they were still the cutest thing he'd seen in a long time. “I'm also guessing you're looking for a room assignment, you're in room seven. Anything else you need? The little one not injured? If not, head straight in and get some sleep.”

@Bee

Offline Ki'ki

• GET WRECKED
    • View Profile

• SHE/HER
  • turns old
  • red-weyrling.png
  • of Aellath
  • Bee
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2018, 01:18:20 PM »
"Ki'ki!" she said, cheerfully, and sweet merciful void of the Between had she lucked out there. She could sense a slight, clipped difference in the way Aellath said her name now, but it was pretty fundamentally the same as the nickname she had gone by anyway. It mostly just felt like she was formally shucking off a lot of syllabic dead weight she'd long had no use for.

She admired that about Aellath, completely no-fuss, like he saw her for exactly who she was and liked it perfectly. She liked him perfectly too.

Aellath purred against her, greedily soaking up her affection, and then offered the friendly weyrlingmaster a wave with his claw, a bit slow and clumsy with sleepiness.

I'm Aellath! I think I'm probably a boy. He nosed at Ki'ki, turning over an idea in his head as he rummaged a bit through hers, poking around carelessly through her likes and desires. He settled a half-second later, almost smugly content. He was the Special Boy, the only boy who mattered. He didn't know what that exactly meant or why it was important but he liked it immensely. I think I'm even probably the best boy.

Ki'ki grinned down at him, and gave him a little squeeze. "It's true, I'll carve you a trophy."

She could have danced when she got their room number. Truthfully, she would miss the more chaotic muddle of the candidate barracks, but she was surprisingly keen on having a space mostly allotted to her and Aellath, with a little extra company mixed in. She knew objectively that Aellath was going to spend a lot of time sleeping. This seemed like a great arrangement for it, and honestly, she'd have a lot of classes and activities to see people in.

She knew it was his job, but she was happy that he checked in on Aellath--he certainly seemed fresher than the other weyrlingmasters she had seen and knew of, and she turned over in her head the gossip mill that might have produced his name. The new assistant, the new assistant--she was sure she had overheard this, there were so many people--

"Aellath is great, thank you, ah, I don't think I got your name yet actually!" She would need to catalogue it; she had lot of people to get to know these coming months. "But it's great to meet you! I think we're all set." Aellath hadn't hurt himself in his scramble, just probably bruised Ki'ki's chest a little, and weren't those the wages of friendship?

Happy meet, Aellath murmured, and Ki'ki figured she had better get him settled on a nice stone soon.

Spoiler for Hidden:
@Jarakrisafis you can reply if you like! I left the space open. If not, I hope it's not too bold to assume we came away with J'ken's name from that, I left it vague/can always edit.  :love:

Offline J'ken

« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2018, 01:40:22 PM »
Precocious. Tadriath said at Aellaths proclamation and J'ken couldn't stop the chuckle that escaped him.

“J'ken of Tadriath. Don't worry about learning names right now though, you get a free pass for a couple of days.” Because really, anything that he tried to teach them in the next first few days might not even be remembered. Adjusting to the bond was different for everyone. J'ken had been one of those wandering around in a daze for nearly a week with only the vague feeling that he spoke to his parents and siblings at some point. Everything had been centred on Tadriath and the strange, but so very welcome, presence in his mind.

He waved them off with another grin, “it's good to meet you and yours too Aellath, now go sleep before I find you curled up and snoring half way to your room.”

Spoiler for ooc:
@Bee  All's good :D

Offline R'kan

• Firecracker With a Lit Fuse
  • The fuck do you want?
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • red-weyrling.png
  • of Hisketh
  • Bonded to one firelizard(s)
  • Scoria
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2018, 07:32:46 PM »
Pleasure. Mine is R’kan. With both of them seeming to be settling toward sleep, Hisketh didn’t prolong the conversation. But she approved of how it had gone nevertheless. Short, sweet, and perhaps she’d made a new acquaintance if not a new friend.

R’kan, for his part, was perplexed and then immediately delighted by the flood of words headed his way. While he’d heard of the Weyrlingmaster that spoke differently, he’d never had reason to interact with him before—but there was no doubt this must be him. And fuckin’ Between, R’kan had to pick through what the man was saying to even begin to understand it at all. Even then, he only could manage broad strokes; but everything seemed like a compliment, and he couldn’t help but grin. Still riding high on the joy of having Impressed Hisketh, hearing someone else agree that she was a great dragon was an easy way to make him happy.

“Thanks. She’s pretty, ain’t she?” Hisketh purred sleepily as she listened in on his conversation. “I’m, uh… R’kan. That’s Hisketh.” Right. Hopefully he’d get used to that sooner than later. It wasn’t out of a sense of it not fitting. It was just new.

If his guess wasn’t off, the Weyrlingmaster was asking if Hisketh was a girl. Which made sense, since the Reds were the only color that could be both. “And yeah, she’s a girl.” The rest of what Wa’by said, he had no idea about. Who was Vicky?

“Room four?” Great. Whoever Dicko was, R’kan had no idea. And had he Impressed to a Blue then? He supposed he’d find out, one way or the other. After thinking for a moment, he shook his head, glancing reflexively back at Hisketh where she was watching them lazily. “Nah, I think that’s it.”

@Kyya

Hisketh | Newly Hatched | 0.95M Long | 0.2M Tall | 1.577M Wingspan
Family for R'kan

Offline Thrane

• FINALLY a Weyrling...
    • View Profile

• He/His/Him
  • turns old
  • bronze-weyrling.png
  • of Theulth
  • Phoenyx
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2018, 09:58:11 AM »
He had Impressed... His last Sharding Stand after 6 turns of be left on the Sands alone. To a..

Of course you Impressed me, Thrane... Don't forget I can hear you now.

Thrane nearly jumped out of his skin at the still unfamiliar voice in his head. I'm sorry, Theulth... I guess I am still stunned that you chose me after so many other hatchlings didn't...

Hush... None of them were good enough for you. I am the perfect bronze and you are the perfect bronze rider. Now, I want to eat and then you need to polish my hide.

Oh, uh... Of course. Please excuse me, Theulth. He will look around and will lead them over to an unoccupied bench, far away from the reds and blacks, since Theulth kept shooting them dirty looks. "Just wait here and I will get you food and oil." Leaving the bronze to his own devices for a moment, he will procure a larger bowl of food and will hail one of the weyrlingmasters. "Weyrlingmaster, Theulth and I require some oil and a room assignment if you have a moment."

Weyrling of Bronze Theulth

Offline J'ken

« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2018, 03:44:47 PM »
Well, wasn't that a nice change from the near insolence from some of the weyrlings so far. Though to be fair J'ken thought as he got a good look at the speaker, the young man appeared to be on the upper end of impression age. He glanced in the direction he'd come from and spied a bronze that was clearly looking their way. It was always nice when the bronzeriders knew and used basic courtesies instead of just assuming the other colours would blindly follow them. He'd be keeping an eye on this one.

“There's oil still over here.” He said as he steered the weyrling back towards his dragon and swiped a bucket of oil for him on the way past the table. He is Thane. And Rohbarth says that D'zel says they are in room eight. Right. That could have been less complicated. Thank you. Tadriath ignores his dry tone with an ease borne of long practice.

“And you're in room eight.” He said as he walked over to the bronze to deposit the oil given the weyrlings arms were full carrying the bowl of meat. “Theulth doesn't need to see the healers at all I assume?” He looked fine but J'ken wasn't going to take anything for granted. “As long as he's fine, just get him fed and oiled then get yourself off to sleep.” Unlike the younger weyrlings he would trust that Thane would be able to get where he was going without any additional help.

Offline Veryk

« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2018, 06:20:34 PM »
“Aren't you supposed to tell me your name?” Whevaaryk asked as they crossed from the hatching grounds to the feeding pavilion pausing a moment to get their bearings. The black was one of the last hatchlings, though he certainly wasn't the last and they'd only have a small period to try and find their way before they were in the way. The fact they didn't really care about inconveniencing someone else, at least not right there and then, was noted, and simply ignored in light of a table that looked perfectly suitable.

You already know my name. The black responded with a purr, equally engaged in observing before starting to move towards the table Whevaaryk had noticed.

Another mental noise followed the comment, however, a feigned disappointment as Whevaaryk went to tease him further, demanding the black follow the rules as O'sir had explained them. I am Karrimuth... he started, the pause felt and stopping them from interrupting. ... and you are Veryk now. The pointed way the last bit was said was enough for Veryk to stop thinking of themselves as Whevaaryk, though it was a surprising change from their birth name.

Veryk?

Yes.

It hadn't been meant as a question to the hatchling, but the easy way he answered it was startling... until they remembered their lessons on the matter. “Right.” Then, to test it out a little further, //Why'd you pick Veryk?// They tried to direct it to the black itself, trying to imagine their bond as a tangible thing that could be pulled and manipulated and pointed in either direction.

Don't hurt yourself there... Karrimuth remarked, pausing in his movement to regard Veryk thoughtfully, red hunger diminishing slightly as he tried to decipher what they'd tried to ask. Directing thoughts at a specific person (or dragon) was natural for dragons, though it seemed as though the same couldn't be said for their partners. The memory of the question was easy enough to draw on, however, and it was that Karrimuth was able to respond to.

I just did... though you already knew your name too. He answered, his tone dropping slyly as he slipped that tidbit into their conversation, amusement gurgling through their bond as Veryk recapped the past few minutes to come to the same conclusion. It was different hearing it out loud, but the surprise they'd felt was less the name itself and more the odd familiarity that had come with it.

I would love to stand here reiterating what you do and do not know, but I really do need to get something to eat if you don't mind. Sooner rather than later please. The impatience leant a slight scold to the dry baritone of the black's voice, his words polite but not at all the suggestion it may seem to be.

“Ok. Ok. Here.” They laughed, slinking forward with as much speed as they hadn't used thus far and retrieving what they deemed should be enough meat as well as oil and a rag from a nearby table before scooting on back to the one they'd been heading for since getting off the sands.

Good. Thank you. Karrimuth purred, his words out of place in a way that suggested they were spoken without any depth or true meaning to them. It was the feeling beneath his words that Veryk leaned on, swinging his legs over the seat and tearing the first piece into two easily swallowed chunks... just in case Karrimuth got overzealous and decided to inhale instead of chew.

I will not. He reassured them, though the speed with which they snatched one of the chunks suggested Veryk not take his word for it... in this instance anyway. At least with oil and meat, they only needed to wait for their room assignment once they finished tending to the black.

Spoiler for OOC:
I tried to leave who Veryk and Karrimuth are sitting with open, but I'm happy for someone to jump in if they feel like it. I would very much like a room assignment though ^^

OOC Recent

[Today at 04:39:16 PM]

[Today at 03:41:57 PM]

[Yesterday at 11:20:55 PM]

[October 31, 2018, 06:04:31 PM]

[October 29, 2018, 08:01:51 PM]

[October 29, 2018, 05:09:15 AM]

[October 25, 2018, 03:29:35 PM]

[October 25, 2018, 01:32:31 PM]

[October 25, 2018, 12:43:27 AM]

[October 24, 2018, 05:46:08 PM]

by Inki
[October 20, 2018, 06:20:59 AM]

[October 15, 2018, 10:40:46 PM]

[October 15, 2018, 12:17:45 PM]

by Inki
[October 12, 2018, 04:52:17 AM]

by Inki
[October 12, 2018, 03:23:05 AM]
Pern RPs | Other RPs
Red River Weyr - 3rd Pass Pern RP Rainbow Mists Weyr Canyon River Weyr | RPG-D
Fortune Favors the Brave | World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP OSH
Under the Wings Pern Unbound | Xenedria: Scifi Master/slave RPG
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!

Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! |
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Blood Law - Anitaverse RPG Open Affiliate!
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!