Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

Required Reading
links to read before you join

Ic Info
Character information, Applications, and Adoptables

Bestiarum
The notable fauna of SWW

OOC Extras
Fun things around the forum to wittle at time between posts or links to OOC info

A comprehensive list of links to all our info

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
8.2591 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every OOC week. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Whers here, though not for firelizards.  There are Candidate events, Weyrling classes, Holder plots, and Crafthall developments -- a little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!
 photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Private Have you forgotten something? [24.06.2591 | 9pm] Jossekayne  (Read 319 times)

Offline J'ken

Have you forgotten something? [24.06.2591 | 9pm] Jossekayne
« on: September 29, 2018, 02:24:02 PM »
J'ken opened the last door, checking on his charges one last time. They were almost all asleep, just a few of the weyrlings awake enough to ask what was up and he'd quickly reassured them that he was just making sure they had everything they needed and had got back to the barracks.

The trek back to his office - and that was a novel concept for him, even if it was only a small nook wedged in between other larger rooms - seemed to take far longer then it had to check in on all the hatchlings.

It was still light outside and yet he felt like he'd been up for two days straight. What he needed right now is a good soak in one of the pools, but that wasn't likely to happen any time soon. The clutch hadn't let him finish his soak earlier and now he had paperwork to do. He needed to start files on each of the weyrlings and dragons for more permanent notes. Then he had tablets that needed filling in with observations that he might need in the next few days.

He also needed to check that the meat would be on time for when they started to wake. After that the weyrlings would be hauling and cutting their own so at least that wouldn't be anything to worry about. Same with the oil. He had a few scratches to keep an eye on, but apart from the candidate that didn't make it, apparently he'd gotten lucky with this clutch on the injuries front. Hopefully Oriath's would go well as she shouldn't have any of the red or blacks. Then Imyth's was usually small but it might have more of the new colours. He'd worry about that when it happened.

He already had a rough outline of lesson plans from D'zel, letting him know when the previous clutches had been ready for things, so he would just have to tailor them to his charges.

He couldn't think of anything else he'd forgotten to do.

Everyone still sleeping?

Yes. I will let you know if they are not. Tadriath said with a huff, which wasn't unsurprising given that he'd answered that question several times already.

He pushed his office door open and untangled Gem from round his neck, the little green flit giving him a chirp as she curled up on the desk that was now his as he sank down into the seat and reached for the first tablet.

I know what you forgot to do. Tadriath said suddenly and J'ken frowned.

Oh?

Tadriath was silent for a long moment. Oh dear.

What? Silence was the only answer, though he could feel the faint amusement from his dragon and he shook his head as he looked back at the wax tablet. No doubt he'd find out sooner or later.

Spoiler for ooc:
@SirAlahn  let me know if anything needs changing, I made an assumption J'ken would have an office of some form.
Length: 28.2M, Height: 5.7M, Wingspan: 47M

Offline Jossekayne

Re: Have you forgotten something? [24.06.2591 | 9pm] Jossekayne
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 04:19:59 PM »
She’d been furious when she found out. Not because she thought the decision her brother had made was a bad one, but because he’d had the gall not to tell her. Or any of their siblings! It had been as much a surprise to them as it was to her, when she’d imperiously grilled them to find out if they had known before she had. Even their father hadn’t, though he’d been a bit more good-natured about it all, amused and wanting Jo to remember to congratulate J’ken rather than simply yelling at him the next time she saw him.

Which was going to be sooner rather than later, if she had her way. She’d had enough self-control not to simply barge into the middle of the post-Hatching proceedings, knowing that she’d just be causing a scene—not to mention distracting her damnable older brother from his duties with the new weyrlings. And as angry as she was with him, Jossekayne wasn’t about to interfere with that.

See? She could be reasonable.

But as soon as enough time had passed since the Hatching itself, when Jo judged that the weyrlings would largely be asleep and her brother in the possession of a few scraps of free time, she stormed her way to the barracks. Only once she neared did she actually soften her steps, though she wasn’t able to get her expression under control. Not when she’d spent the whole afternoon and evening mad about the damn thing!

So though her eyes flashed and her features were fixed in a scowl, she padded quietly through the interior of the Weyrling Barracks to the office that she knew would be his. It even had his name painted just outside the doorway now, the previous one washed away and ‘Assistant Weyrlingmaster J’ken of Tadriath’ now written there in someone’s neat writing. It would have been so much more satisfying if he’d had a door to slam open—not that she would have felt like she could with sleeping weyrlings so close by—but such as it was, the only barrier was a piece of canvas hung from the top of the frame.

Lyrisiveth had seen fit to warn Tadriath, at least, though Jo had asked her not to inform J’ken himself, and the woman trusted her Green not to break that promise. As it was, she was still unsure if he’d actually be in the office, or if the Blue had told on her and he was off somewhere else hiding from her temper. So when Jossekayne swept the cloth door aside, she simply eyed her brother with a glare a moment as she stepped inside, letting the canvas fall back into place. And then, voice pitched low so she wasn’t yelling, but still harsh in her anger, she began with, “I can’t believe you didn’t tell us!”

Offline J'ken

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 05:31:04 PM »
'Oh dear'. Is indeed the first thing that flashed through his mind when he looked up at the faint swish of his door curtain and the glare he's being pinned with. That... Yeah. That'd be what he forgot to do. He'd been going to let father know after his soak today that he'd shifted positions and then track down his siblings. A soak that had been interrupted by the hatching.

He got as far as saying her name before she spoke and he winced when he realised she wasn't shouting. That didn't bode well. Nor did the lack of a greeting of any type.

“Ah.” He put the tablet down and raised both hands. “I was planning to. Honest. I just had to finish up the survey I was on with Mountain before they hatched so I wasn't even here for a while to tell you.” He ran a hand through his hair as he stood up and edged round the desk. “Then ah, well, they hatched?” He finished with a slight shrug. Surely she can't blame him for the hatchlings deciding to arrive today?

Also, how did she even get down here without him getting a warning, wasn't Tadriath waiting just outside the barracks still? Tad, are you...

I am. Lirisiveth asked me not to tell you Jossekayne was coming to see you.

Ah, so that was why he had refused to say anything more. Traitor. J'ken says without any heat, of course Tadriath would do what the green asked, because J'ken never minded Joss dropping in to see him, same as any of his siblings. For that matter, Let me know if any more of my family turn up. Better to be on the safe side with that, hopefully they'll all be busy tonight so he only has to placate Joss.

Offline Jossekayne

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 12:40:32 PM »
Had she not been as angry as she was, Jo might have been placated somewhat by her brother’s unspoken gesture of surrender. With his hands up in front of him as though he was warding off a blow, it seemed he was at the very least aware that he’d fucked up. That did make her feel better a little bit in her righteous irritation. But it was dampened somewhat by the fact that she couldn’t really yell at him here. As loud and expressive as their family almost always was, it was unfortunate that she had to modulate herself to avoid waking the weyrlings. Or getting in trouble with her Wingleader for disturbing the peace. Jo wasn’t exactly keen on summoning D’zel and having him report her actions to the Weyrleadership if they were judged to be out of order.

But still. And it was even worse that J’ken was right, in a way. He could hardly control when the clutch hatched. No one could—not even the Queens in all their power and attention to their nests. The little dragons simply emerged when they were good and ready to, regardless of whether it was a convenient time or not.

In some ways, that took the wind from her sails a bit. Though J’ken’s excuse did make sense, and that angered her more, she couldn’t stay furious for long when confronted with such reasonableness. She might have been angry all day, having worked herself up into the state she was now, but it didn’t make sense to hold him accountable for what he couldn’t influence.

“You still should have told us,” she huffed at last, shoulders slumping some though her eyes were still bright and keen. And then, more shrewdly, she asked, “How long have you known?” That would really determine how mad she would still be with him.

Offline J'ken

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 03:19:13 PM »
J'ken almost breathed a sigh of relief when she seemed to calm down and he stood up, intending to head round the desk. Instead he stopped, having to think about the question she posed. “I'm not entirely sure.” He said before continuing to move, giving Gem a scratch as he passed her, the little green flit raising her head to look around before utterly ignoring them both, and stopping before Jo, though he was trying not to loom over her. Besides, not being too close and being within hitting range is an ingrained habit, even if he knows she wouldn't even think about starting a fight here.

“D'zel asked one night, about a month back, when I was between surveys. He said Rohbarth said that Tadriath had said that it sounded like a good idea. I'd had a few drinks and agreed.” He shrugged slightly. “I had to go back out again the next afternoon, I'd only stopped in for fresh supplies.”

He really hadn't meant to keep it a secret, especially from her. “It's just there was so much to organise, and you have duties too and I kept forgetting to come round.” He opens his arms in an invitation and gives her a hesitant smile. “Forgive me?”

Offline Jossekayne

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 06:58:13 PM »
“A month?” The word came out in a low hiss, though she hadn’t really intended it to. That was quite a span of time to keep something from her and the rest of their family, unintentional though it was.

Had they not been where they were, around sleeping youngsters, she’d be half tempted to fight him. Certainly to yell at him, propriety aside. Instead, she took a deep breath through her nose and closed her eyes for a moment, waiting for the fresh wave of anger to pass. This wasn’t quite the confrontation she had pictured in her mind during the course of the day, but it would have to do. And J’ken’s apology did mollify her somewhat.

When he came around the desk and spread his arms in an open gesture, Jo quickly stepped close. She didn’t hug him right away though, aiming a quick jab of a punch at his upper chest:  solid enough to hurt some, but not hard enough to really do any damage. Just expressing all the thoughts she couldn’t raise her voice to vocalize the way she’d planned. Immediately afterward, she sighed and looped her arms around him in an embrace, resting her head almost in the same place she’d just hit him.

“That’s no excuse, you bastard,” she murmured. But he’d know the hug meant she wasn’t really holding a grudge.

Tags:

OOC Recent

by Inki
[May 15, 2019, 11:59:05 PM]

by Kyya
[May 15, 2019, 07:15:53 PM]

by Inki
[April 25, 2019, 05:17:38 AM]

[April 20, 2019, 12:17:43 PM]

[April 20, 2019, 11:24:26 AM]

[April 20, 2019, 08:49:49 AM]

[April 16, 2019, 12:33:48 PM]

[April 16, 2019, 12:32:54 PM]

[April 05, 2019, 07:49:27 PM]

[April 05, 2019, 07:47:24 PM]

[April 05, 2019, 07:44:45 PM]

[April 05, 2019, 07:42:06 PM]

[April 05, 2019, 07:41:02 PM]

[April 05, 2019, 07:39:56 PM]

[April 05, 2019, 07:37:35 PM]
Pern RPs | Other RPs
Rainbow Mists Weyr
Canyon River Weyr
|
Fortune Favors the Brave
Destiny of Pern
|
World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP
OSH
Innovo Weyr
Under the Wings
Pern Unbound
|
Xenedria: Scifi Master/slave RPG
In Rukbats Shadow
|
World of Oarth
Felth's Heart
THE DARK AND HOLLOW PLACES

Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! |
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Blood Law - Anitaverse RPG
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!