Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

Required Reading
links to read before you join

Ic Info
Character information, Applications, and Adoptables

Bestiarum
The notable fauna of SWW

OOC Extras
Fun things around the forum to wittle at time between posts or links to OOC info

A comprehensive list of links to all our info

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
7.2591 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every OOC week. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Whers here, though not for firelizards.  There are Candidate events, Weyrling classes, Holder plots, and Crafthall developments -- a little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!

Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a colored name here.

Remember,
this holds no IC consequence and is only for fun.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Private Red Climb [ 26.6.2591; 8:17 PM ] || P’ar  (Read 189 times)

Offline R'kan

• Firecracker With a Lit Fuse
  • The fuck do you want?
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • red-weyrling.png
  • of Hisketh
  • Bonded to one firelizard(s)
  • Scoria
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
Red Climb [ 26.6.2591; 8:17 PM ] || P’ar
« on: October 11, 2018, 05:06:42 PM »
What was that saying? Time flew on dragon wings? Things had always seemed slow to R’kan in comparison, most of the time. But the last few days had definitely taken on a weird quality that was somehow both all at once. He just hoped that he wouldn’t be too late.

Getting used to having someone else reading his thoughts all the time was still an adjustment. R’kan had been thinking about when he might get to visit P’ar all day, knowing that the Blue rider wouldn’t be in the Weyr long. He had been at the Hatching, but that didn’t mean anything about tomorrow, or even today if he was unlucky. And while in reality it might not really matter, for some reason it was important to him that his friend meet Hisketh as soon as possible. What few other friends he had were by and large already Impressed, or were off doing their own thing at the Mine Hall. P’ar was the only full rider he really knew.

But Hisketh hadn’t said anything about it. Not until after dinner, after their chores, after he’d finished oiling her in the Bowl and she simply rolled to face him, eyes a lambent green, and said, Where do we need to go to meet your friend?

Just as matter-of-fact as you please. “Didn’t think you’d been listening,” he’d remarked after a moment of eying her, and Hisketh had just huffed at him.

Of course I was. I’d have to try not to hear you. But you just kept thinking about it and never fucking asked.

Hearing her swear was still a new experience too. Startling, but not in an unpleasant way. R’kan had never considered that dragons might, but it seemed to suit her. Even if he got the distinct feeling she was throwing it back in his face, in a way. “Well, fine. It’s a bit of a walk though.”

Amusement, then. I’m not afraid of a walk, R’kan.

That had turned into stubbornness, after he’d returned the oil and rag to the barracks and led his tiny Red out into the tunnels. As full of energy as she was, it flagged quickly now that she was fed and oiled—but Hisketh would be damned before she admitted she was tired. He knew that too, in an odd way. So though she never said anything, he did end up scooping her into his arms and carrying her up the rest of the walk through the back tunnels leading to private weyrs.

If nothing else, it allowed her to rest some, more awake once again by the time they arrived. Scoria had been idly following them in that protective, borderline-proud way he’d adopted since his bonded’s Impression, but didn’t bother to wait—pushing past the cloth door and invading the Blue rider’s space with a chirp of greeting.

R’kan himself shifted his hold on Hisketh and knocked on the stone of the doorframe. “Hey, you in?”

Spoiler for OOC:
If he gets in trouble, so be it. :bird: But he’s an idiot and it wouldn’t occur to him that he shouldn’t just go traipsing off to his friend’s private weyr.

@SanctifiedSavage

Hisketh | Newly Hatched | 0.95M Long | 0.2M Tall | 1.577M Wingspan
Family for R'kan

Offline P'ar

Re: Red Climb [ 26.6.2591; 8:17 PM ] || P’ar
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 05:23:59 PM »
P’ar was set to receive his next set of orders bright and early. Which meant tending to all the things he should before he left. Checking and rechecking gear, packing things up, and giving Zeketh one last, good oiling. It wasn’t like they could just do so when they were out and about.

The Blue was quiet and ponderous, as the usual, and watched his rider while P’ar moved about his weyr. Shoving his travel clothes in a large, leather bag. Checking the sewing kit, collection jars, and making sure it was all in order. Being thorough now so he wouldn’t have to be right when he woke up.

Meica had found a place on the cool stone near the blue, sprawled to flare her wings and stretch her little legs. Something she liked to do before they were going to be gone. Like she was imprinting herself on their weyr floor.

The Blue Rider was not expecting company, so he was quite surprised when a brown flit made their presence known with a chipper greeting. He smiled a little when he recognized the sweet boy and glanced toward the cloth partition. It was odd Rinokan had paused to ask if he could come in, but P’ar didn’t dwell on it. “Of course.”

The Blue Rider was dressed down for the evening in a simple pair of pants. He’d still need to give Zeketh the oiling he needed, and he wasn’t about to do so fully dressed. The sight of his friend, with a tiny dragon in his arms, made P’ar smile. He’d been there when Rinokan had impressed and had been immensely proud and happy for him. The entire reason he’d not tried to see him was because, well, tiny dragons took up a lot of time and energy.

He didn’t want to impose.

“This is quite a lovely surprise,” he said as Meica peeped and flapped over, landing lightly on his bare shoulder to peer at the newcomer. Curious, but politely so.

Offline R'kan

• The fuck do you want?
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • red-weyrling.png
  • of Hisketh
  • Scoria
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 05:41:57 PM »
There’d been a moment where R’kan thought he’d been too late. But when Scoria didn’t reemerge, and when he heard P’ar’s voice, it was a relief. He pushed through the curtain at the same moment Hisketh grumbled, Put me down, but too late. The other rider had already seen him carrying her. For his part, R’kan wasn’t sure why that mattered. He liked getting to touch her so much, but he did set her on the floor once he’d entered the room.

He took a moment to glance around at it then, half expecting it to seem different too after so much in his life had changed in the course of a few days. But it was much the same as when he’d seen it last, which was just… how things were. Neither reassuring or not. But certainly a reminder that as far as the rest of the world was concerned, things hadn’t changed.

“Wanted to catch you before you left again,” he said then, smiling some as his gaze flicked between P’ar and his own dragon. “Since I wasn’t sure when you’d be back.” And he could hardly spend his evenings waiting in the man’s weyr as he had on previous occasions. “This is Hisketh,” he added, before she could chide him for not introducing her.

R’kan got the distinct feeling that the tiny Red was studying the older rider a moment, as well as Meica. But whatever she was surveying them for, it seemed they passed. It’s nice to meet you, P’ar, she said, sharing her words with R’kan too for ease of conversation—though she did keep her contact brief with the other man out of politeness.

Family for R'kan

Offline P'ar

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 06:03:49 PM »
P’ar, in turn, studied the little Red but it wasn’t with the same, scrutinizing intensity. Rather, he was just admiring the little dragon that had been brought into his weyr. Appreciating her for what she was. Meica, likewise, seemed just curious about what she was and what she looked like. Once her observation was complete, she chirped, and flapped over to say hello to Rinokan. She knew him far more than she knew the dragonet.

The Blue Rider kept some distance between them, reflexively knowing he should because of the red. When she greeted him, he smiled some and felt Zeketh stir on the ledge. The Blue was notoriously protective of his Rider’s headspace, even when it came to little dragons doing something as simple as greeting. He let out a long sigh, not of irritation or exasperation, but more  to accompany his movement. Neutral, while Zeketh shifted to get a better look at what was going on. “I’m pleased to meet you, Hisketh,” he replied, looking at her as he did.

Sensing his dragon’s curiosity, P’ar took a casual step to the side so his blue might see the dragon. Leaving Zeketh to his own devices, P’ar turned his attention back to Rinokan. “You were just in time. I’m set to leave before sunrise tomorrow morning. I’d suspected you were busy, so I hadn’t wanted to bother you. I understand how much of a handful dragons can be, especially young ones.”

After a long moment, Zeketh spoke directly to Hisketh, You and your siblings were loud when you hatched. His thought was slow and deep, a rolling statement that would likely, unintentionally, fill her mind. He might speak slow, and low, but he wasn’t soft spoken or timid. Neither was he annoyed, but rather, making a statement that was, to Zeketh, obviously important.

P'ar was not privy to the thought.

Offline R'kan

• The fuck do you want?
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • red-weyrling.png
  • of Hisketh
  • Scoria
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 09:52:43 PM »
“Hey, Meica.” He might not have interacted with the little Green as much as P’ar or even Zeketh, but it was still nice to see her. Familiar. So when she flapped over to him, R’kan was happy enough to greet her. He could feel Hisketh’s attention stray toward him briefly, but there was no jealousy in her. Not for him saying hello to a friend.

It was a relief, too, to see the introductions so far go just fine. Not that R’kan had really been worried; P’ar was laidback enough it hadn’t ever entered into his mind that he might be uneasy about the color he’d Impressed. And Hisketh had no reason to dislike the man. She’d seemed to largely accept whatever opinions her rider came with about other people that he already knew.

“I guess I won’t keep you long, then.” His lopsided grin was back as he glanced back up at the Blue rider. Surely P’ar would want to get a fair bit of rest before having to leave for another assignment so early in the morning. A little more softly, he did add, “It’s nice to see you, though.”

Hisketh was curious when the older dragon peered into the weyr, studying him just as she had his rider. She even leaned back a little where she’d sat, as though from the force of the Blue’s words filling her mind. But she wasn’t bothered, and was precocious enough even fresh out of the shell to take the hint at what he said. Yes. There was no point in denying what he’d said. I’m sorry if we were bothersome. We didn’t know how rude we were being.

She’d learned that right quick with another dragon poking around between her and R’kan. And her own words might be much faster than Zeketh’s, but she didn’t mind waiting for a response either. So far, she was just curious to meet those that she’d already learned were important to R’kan.

Family for R'kan

Offline P'ar

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 01:10:28 AM »
Meica trilled her delight when Rinokan remembered her. Not that it was expected he would not, but she liked being acknowledged and rubbed her little cheek against his before flapping back to her spot near Zeketh. She had to prepare for the long journey too, after all!

P’ar waved away Rinokan’s concern about overstaying his welcome. It was still early, as far as he was concerned. “Don’t worry. I’ll get enough sleep.” The Blue Rider was responsible, and certainly wouldn’t be staying up too late. Beyond that, he added, “You shouldn’t be up too late anyway, hm? Weyrling training is bound to get more difficult.” P’ar kept to himself as a smile tugged at the corner of his mouth when Rinokan added it was nice to see him.

The Blue Rider was not the pining sort. He would certainly miss the companionship he’d found with Rinokan, but he wasn’t about to lament about that aloud. It’d be a disservice to the candidate-now-weyrling and P’ar didn’t want him to feel any manner of guilt about Impressing. All of this moment should be a happy thing. P’ar intended to be around in the next two turns. If they were still friends then, they could pick up at that time.

For now, P’ar understood that nearly all of Rinokan’s attention needed to be on the delightful little Red. Which didn’t bother him at all.

“You’re always welcome to visit,” he said. It didn’t occur to P’ar that Rinokan shouldn’t be there or that he might get in trouble. There was absolutely no risk of anything happening.

Zeketh continued to study the much smaller dragon. Her apology seemed to be met with approval, but it was extremely difficult to tell, even for another dragon, how Zeketh felt about much of anything. He was quite a closed off Blue and preferred it that way. Then, his attention shifted to Rinokan, like a stone weight being dropped on the other, younger Rider. Tell yours that I have missed him. he slowly said, words dragging through Hisketh’s mind like a thunder storm might linger over the island. Not intentionally loud, just present.

P’ar didn’t hear what his dragon was saying, but it was almost like he knew Zeketh was actually talking. He glanced over his shoulder and smiled at his Blue briefly.

Offline R'kan

• The fuck do you want?
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • red-weyrling.png
  • of Hisketh
  • Scoria
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 11:48:47 PM »
“Yeah, I suppose that’s true.” R'kan glanced between Hisketh and P’ar again. Even with the constant bond that existed between himself and the Red, he couldn’t help but want to watch her at every moment. Still, it seemed so hard to believe that she really was real. Nevertheless, he didn’t want P’ar to think that hew as completely distracted either. After all, he’d gone there specifically to see the Blue rider.

And P’ar was right. Weyrling training, from everything he’d learned during Candidacy, was going to be the hardest thing he’d ever done in his life. After the experience of being amid rough Miner apprentices, and hauling stone like a working wher, that seemed hard to believe. But dragons were a lot of work, even small ones like Hisketh was bound to be.

The comment about being able to visit whenever he liked prompted one of his lopsided smiles from him. “I appreciate that. Really.”

I will, Hisketh told Zeketh, practically purring in approval. She was pleased that others seemed to appreciate her rider—certainly not as much as she did, but there was no way they could love him as much as the little Red. Politely waiting until she sensed that there was a lull in the riders’ conversation, she relayed after a moment, Zeketh wants me to tell you he missed you.

R’kan’s smile turned into more of a grin at that. “I missed you too,” he said, smiling up at the Blue. More than ever before, he could appreciate that dragons were not just an extension of their riders, but their own self-contained beings. And it made him happy to know that P’ar’s bonded had missed him too.

Family for R'kan

Offline P'ar

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2018, 12:07:27 AM »
P’ar grinned a little more. “And my weyr is open should you need a place to escape to even if I’m not here. You know that, yeah?” It was a playful offer, but he still did mean it. He didn’t mind anyone hanging out in his space when he wasn’t around to use it.

Since P’ar was not privy to the conversation between his dragon and R’kan, he didn’t know what they’d said. Even so, he smiled at what R’kan had to say aloud. “It is certainly… quieter… around here since you’ve impressed. I’m quite proud of you that you have, no mistake.” It was an almost subtle way of saying that he missed spending time with the former candidate. He didn’t want R’kan to feel guilty.

Zeketh thrummed softly and settled in place, having said all that he’d wanted to. It wasn’t like he was a talkative dragon anyway.

“Would you like me to let you know when we return?” He didn’t want to bother R’kan if the newly impressed was going to be busy.

Offline R'kan

• The fuck do you want?
    • View Profile

• he/him/his
  • turns old
  • red-weyrling.png
  • of Hisketh
  • Scoria
  • SirAlahn
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2018, 12:31:31 AM »
R’kan had no worry that P’ar didn’t mean the offer. In the time he’d known the man, there had never been any indication that there was that kind of habit in him. When P’ar said something, he meant it—yet another thing that the newly bonded Weyrling appreciated him for. People who spoke plainly and truthfully, even if what they had to say wasn’t nice, were something he far preferred. Not to say that he’d ever really heard P’ar ever say something mean.

When the other rider teased him about the noise, he had to laugh. “Well, at least maybe you’ll get some better sleep without me bothering you all the time.” A sly remark, but one he didn’t dwell on. He couldn’t afford to now, not for the two turns that Hisketh would be growing. But that seemed a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things to have her with him for the rest of his life. And then he practically beamed with the compliment. “Thanks. I’m pretty happy about it myself.” Seemed he was in a mood to tease. And why shouldn’t he be? It was a good day.

Satisfied that she had greeted both P’ar and Zeketh, Hisketh returned to R’kan and curled herself around his ankles. Her energy only lasted so long with her being so young, and with the initial excitement over, she was starting to feel sleepy. But she would be content to sit with him until he was done speaking with his friend.

“Yeah, I’d love that.” It would save him trips up there when his schedule would be even tighter than it had been previously. Then, a bit more quietly, if not quite shy, he, added, “I’m glad you were here to see me Impress.”

Family for R'kan

Offline P'ar

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2018, 12:45:29 AM »
P’ar scoffed playfully at the remark he might get better sleep, but he didn’t chase down that line of conversation. As much fun as it might’ve been, and he certainly would’ve otherwise. With the small dragon present, though, she was a very physical reminder that there were some things they should just not talk about.

The scoff said enough, as it were.

The Blue Rider claimed a seat on the edge of his bed and leaned back on his hands. “I’m happy I was here for it too. I’m always missing out on things. This, however, wasn’t one of those. I’m afraid I’ll miss out on some milestones, though. Just means you’ll have news for me when I return, I suppose. It seems so long ago when I was going through my own training,” he sighed, a little wistful as he regarded his own dragon.

Zeketh didn’t look old, of course. Dragons didn’t age in that way. If at all, now that P’ar was thinking about it. Once he’d grown to his full adult size, there wasn’t much that had changed for the blue. A couple of scars here and there. P’ar was the one growing and aging. “I’ll have to soak up the excitement vicariously.” He flashed R’kan a smile. He still wanted to be a part of the weyrling’s life, after all. A two turn stint of not being able to be physical wasn’t going to chase him off.

Tags:

OOC Recent

[Yesterday at 03:48:58 PM]

[December 10, 2018, 04:15:07 PM]

[December 10, 2018, 01:34:52 PM]

[December 08, 2018, 09:44:44 PM]

[December 02, 2018, 05:55:35 PM]

[December 02, 2018, 12:45:11 PM]

[December 02, 2018, 12:16:25 PM]

[November 30, 2018, 08:31:06 PM]

[November 25, 2018, 06:52:49 PM]

by Inki
[November 19, 2018, 03:12:43 PM]

[November 18, 2018, 03:42:12 PM]

[November 15, 2018, 11:20:55 PM]

[October 31, 2018, 06:04:31 PM]

[October 29, 2018, 08:01:51 PM]

[October 25, 2018, 03:29:35 PM]

IC Recent

[Yesterday at 10:34:14 PM]

[November 30, 2018, 03:14:02 PM]

[November 26, 2018, 06:33:11 PM]

[November 22, 2018, 05:06:55 PM]

by P'ar
[November 19, 2018, 12:45:29 AM]

[November 18, 2018, 01:25:10 AM]

[October 25, 2018, 12:03:55 PM]

[October 25, 2018, 02:59:18 AM]

[October 25, 2018, 02:49:28 AM]

[October 25, 2018, 02:40:03 AM]

by L'ok
[October 24, 2018, 05:30:02 PM]

by L'ok
[October 24, 2018, 04:56:36 PM]

[October 21, 2018, 06:19:54 AM]

[October 18, 2018, 04:52:50 AM]
Pern RPs | Other RPs
Red River Weyr - 3rd Pass Pern RP Rainbow Mists Weyr Canyon River Weyr | RPG-D
Fortune Favors the Brave | World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP OSH
Under the Wings Pern Unbound | Xenedria: Scifi Master/slave RPG
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | The Gates - Demons vs Hunters Open Affiliate!

Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! |
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Blood Law - Anitaverse RPG Open Affiliate!
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!