Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

Required Reading
links to read before you join

Ic Info
Character information, Applications, and Adoptables

Bestiarum
The notable fauna of SWW

OOC Extras
Fun things around the forum to wittle at time between posts or links to OOC info

A comprehensive list of links to all our info

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
7.2591 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every OOC week. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Whers here, though not for firelizards.  There are Candidate events, Weyrling classes, Holder plots, and Crafthall developments -- a little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!

Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a colored name here.

Remember,
this holds no IC consequence and is only for fun.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: OOC What does your username mean?  (Read 143 times)

Online SanctifiedSavage

What does your username mean?
« on: October 11, 2018, 06:27:41 PM »
Pretty self explanatory. Just a silly thread of... well. Yeah. 8D Share!

Long, long time ago, I was going to join a starwars RP. It was new and fancy and shiny, and I wanted a new and fancy name that wasn't associated to, say, my fantasy rp stuff. I also wanted a name I could use that wouldn't pop up with the whole "that name is taken" other places. I messed around with a lot of opposite-ish names, cause I liked the idea of it. Eventually, through thesaurus-ing and creativity, I came upon SanctifiedSavage. I loved it so much, I've been using it for the better part of.... err.... years. 5+

I used to go by Countess, and a couple of other names, because I thought they were  pretty or neat. Just something I liked. However >_> In a lot of places, most were taken or too fantasy-ish that people couldn't figure out how to say them or relate to them. Hence me wanting something that would be uniquely mine and... easy to recognize.

Offline Drewliet

Re: What does your username mean?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 06:56:35 PM »
Mine's just a weird attempt to feminize my real name after every start-of-the-schoolyear began with my teacher giving me a confused look when I responded to roll call. My elementary school also had a few teachers that liked to start the year's seating chart with boys on one side and girls on the other, before said teacher ever met any of the kids.. so. My entire life I've gotten "Oh, what is Drew short for?" and it isn't short for anything, my mom just decided to make my life revolve around that question and the always awkward "oh" followup. My first job I had to wear a nametag so this conversation happened multiple times a day.

plus I'm kind of fatalistic so drewliet/juliet/romeo&juliet or something.

in highschool I used Drewly because that was more.. playful. Drewliet is for srs business. But also Drew is fine because eventually I decided my name is okay.

Offline Kyya

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 09:31:35 PM »
I've used tonnes of names in the past but Kyya stuck since it's uncommon enough that I rarely have to change. Variations include KyyaStorm and KyyaStormlord. But since I named my minion Kyya I now go by LordRah or OverlordRah (if Lordrah is taken) which is literally just a play on my name. My nickname irl is Rah ^^

Offline Bee

• incorrect
    • View Profile

• WeyrlingKi'ki, WeyrlingNaeharie
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 10:14:09 PM »
I call myself Bee because my name is Bee!

I'll use hatefulhoneybee if three letters is too short a handle for the domain, or if plain old Bee is already taken.

IRL I often introduce myself as "Bee like the bug" since a lot of people hear Dee or Vee, or think it's short for Beatrice and spell it Bea.
what is the holiness of empire? it is to know collapse. everything can collapse. houses, bodies and enemies collapse when their rhythm becomes deranged.

Offline Jarakrisafis

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 02:52:23 AM »
Mine originally came from star wars cosplay, I needed an alien name and came up with Jara'kri'safis. But most online things don't allow the apostrophes so that got shortened to Jara or Jarak which tends to be how I go by online.
Or using the centre of the name you get Kris, which due to a misunderstanding in university I got introduced as, so there are now very few people that know me by my legal name (which I'm not unhappy abut because I hate it but don't have the spare cash to change it).

Offline Inki

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 03:23:05 AM »
Soooooo I needed a forum name that sounded like a name. Cause I'd seen some which didn't really feel namey to me, that always just felt weird calling a person whatever it was. AND it was Pern forum. So I thought of the -th suffix. And then I was like... writing... quill motif... ink... Inkith!

So originally the name was Inkith, and still is across other non-RP sites that I joined like deviantart and such. Then the natural nickname Inki came out of it, which is very close to my real name and seemed to suit. Therefore, when I moved over to SWW I decided to go with the shortened name 'cause it's cute.

That's my story! Reading that a lot of the above are people's real names is very cool since mine morphed that way eventually. (YOUR NAME IS BEE?! It's lovely)

Tags:

OOC Recent

[December 10, 2018, 04:15:07 PM]

[December 10, 2018, 01:34:52 PM]

[December 08, 2018, 09:44:44 PM]

[December 02, 2018, 05:55:35 PM]

[December 02, 2018, 12:45:11 PM]

[December 02, 2018, 12:16:25 PM]

[November 30, 2018, 08:31:06 PM]

[November 25, 2018, 06:52:49 PM]

by Inki
[November 19, 2018, 03:12:43 PM]

[November 18, 2018, 03:42:12 PM]

[November 15, 2018, 11:20:55 PM]

[October 31, 2018, 06:04:31 PM]

[October 29, 2018, 08:01:51 PM]

[October 25, 2018, 03:29:35 PM]

[October 25, 2018, 12:43:27 AM]

IC Recent

Pern RPs | Other RPs
Red River Weyr - 3rd Pass Pern RP Rainbow Mists Weyr Canyon River Weyr | RPG-D
Fortune Favors the Brave | World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP OSH
Under the Wings Pern Unbound | Xenedria: Scifi Master/slave RPG
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | The Gates - Demons vs Hunters Open Affiliate!

Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! |
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Blood Law - Anitaverse RPG Open Affiliate!
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!