Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

Required Reading
links to read before you join

Ic Info
Character information, Applications, and Adoptables

Bestiarum
The notable fauna of SWW

OOC Extras
Fun things around the forum to wittle at time between posts or links to OOC info

A comprehensive list of links to all our info

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
7.2591 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every OOC week. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Whers here, though not for firelizards.  There are Candidate events, Weyrling classes, Holder plots, and Crafthall developments -- a little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!
 photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Private Pleased to meet you [25.06.2591, 5PM] Ysveta, Zarenna  (Read 202 times)

Offline D'via

Pleased to meet you [25.06.2591, 5PM] Ysveta, Zarenna
« on: January 25, 2019, 05:50:43 AM »
D'via was woken by the need to eat. Like her stomach was trying to eat itself and she uncurled from the spot she'd curled up in. She had no idea why she wasn't in her bed and she stared round the common room with a blearly gaze, her hand tightening on the leather she was holding. She froze as the leather hide shifted. What?

Oh!

Anedaith. She didn't even have to look to know she was right. She impressed and her dragon was utterly gorgeous. She rubbed a hand over her neck, feeling the purr that erupted. She wondered how long this wonder would last for, the surprise upon finding she wasn't alone anymore.

Less thinking. More food now. It wasn't exactly a question, more an imperious demand with a little bit of begging.

Right, yeah. Food. Again. She dutifully pushed herself up to go fetch another bowl of meat, Anedaith dogging her steps all the way there and all the way back, her plaintive request for them to just stop right here waylaid by a few bits on the way. D'via wasn't falling for that a second time. It's why they had been sleeping in the common room. She didn't really want to end up there again when Anedaith inevitably started to snooze, better to get her back to their room so she was already in the right place this time.

It wasn't that long a walk, even for a newly hatched dragon, yet she still sighed with relief when they got back and she poked her head round the door. She'd seen her room mates this morning as she'd been first up, a blue and a green apparently, but she'd not yet actually spoken to them and she wasn't sure how to go about introducing herself. Hatchlings keep whatever schedule they please apparently. If they are back and awake she's brought a giant tub of meat, more than Anedaith can eat, so they won't have to go fetch any. With any luck that'll work as a good enough greeting and she won't have to try and talk too much.

Spoiler for ooc:
Hope this works as an opener, feel free to be in, out or creeping up behind D'via :P
@Tyriani @Inki

Offline Zarenna

Re: Pleased to meet you [25.06.2591, 5PM] Ysveta, Zarenna
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 11:40:43 AM »
Zar... Zarenna felt like she just fell back to sleep, so she was slowly waking herself up right now. But the green wasn't going to wait for her to slowly wake up. ZARENNA! That did it. The girl woke with a start and looked at the green dragon. I'm sorry Atissyth. Are you hungry again? She didn't even need the answer from the green, for she could feel it through their bond. She swung her feet over the bed and looked around. She didn't see D'via in her bed, nor her red dragon. Good. Less chaos. Zarenna sighed and she shook her head.

She was about to quickly and quietly stand up when the door to their room opened. The first thing that Zarenna saw was the bright red hide of Anedaith and she could feel the disdain and disappointment seep into her mind. Relax, I am sure she is just as hungry and tired as you are. She could have sworn she heard the green snort but she ignored it. She then saw D'via walk in with a giant pale of meat. She took a look at the pale and she knew that the little red couldn't eat the entire thing on her own. Come, lets see if they will share.

Against the green's better judgement, she followed closely behind Zarenna was Zar walked over to D'via. "Yours wake you for food too?" She asked quietly. She couldn't tell if Ysveta was in bed or not, but she still was going to be quiet for the sake of not waking up an angry dragonet. Atissyth walked closer to the meat pale and she looked up at D'via, basically begging for some food at the moment. "Mind if we join you?" She motioned to the full and giant pale of meat chunks.

Spoiler for Hidden:
@Inki your turn :love:

Offline Ysveta

• Perpetually Awkward
  • Was I not supposed to say that?
    • View Profile

• She/Her/Hers
  • turns old
  • blue-weyrling.png
  • of Oskith
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 12:37:33 AM »
For all that Ysveta would likely spend the next few sevendays trying to figure out how to balance her and Oskith's sleeping schedules, last night would certainly be the easiest for a while. With Oskith so tired, and her own head so overstimulated for the events of the night before, they'd walked slowly to their new room without giving so much as a glance to the rest of the new Weyrlings.

They'd fallen asleep curled up together, and had only awoken once to the pangs of hunger. At the time, neither had been able to figure out who was truly the hungry one. So they'd watched the sunrise while chewing on whatever they'd been able to get their hands on. When Ysveta woke blearily to the sounds of her room mates talking, that sunrise breakfast had seemed like days ago.

Her own stirring woke Oskith, the little blue extending his neck and tail and splaying his legs out wide in a waking stretch. Good morning. He extended to all in the room cheerily, his tone quite crisp despite his recent waking. The frosted blue cocking his head to the side slightly as if thinking. Good evening?

Ysveta sat up on her own bed and echoed Oskith's greeting to the other two candida- Weyrlings. But
 paused when she wasn't sure what else to say. You should introduce us. Oskith prompted Ysveta. They'd all started in candidacy around the same time, it would be a little strange if they didn't at least know vaguely of each other. You're introducing Ysveta and Oskith this time. It's only polite in case they forgot your name.

Right.

"This is Oskith. My name is Ysveta." Slightly stilted, slightly awkward, very Ysveta.

Has a scar from jaw to hairline across her left cheek, obtained in Kalestath's hatching of 2590.

Offline D'via

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 02:47:50 AM »
D'via wasn't trying to wake them up, but she did have the big pot to manoeuvre through a doorway and it clearly woke the green up as both she and her rider started to stir.

“Ah, yeah. Very hungry.” She said as she put it down in the centre of the room, Anedaith poking her head into it as soon as it was low enough. “Go ahead. Figured we'd all need some so no point just getting a small bowl.” She said as she removed Anedaith from being able to just gulp down as much as she wanted all at once. “You'll choke if you don't eat slowly.”

But I am very hungry again! Oh, hello Ysveta and Oskith. I think it is evening? I'm Anedaith and this is D'via. Anedaith said as she hung limply from underneath one of D'via's arms. Unlike a lot of the little reds who she had seen jumping up onto their weyrlings D'via got the strong impression that Anedaith was not fond of being carried around and only tolerated it for her sake. D'via jumped at the voice of her second roommate, she hadn't noticed them waking or moving as she'd turned to her bed to grab a blanket to put on the floor to sit on. Her own murmured greeting was lost under Anedaith's far more excited one. At least Anedaith had been perfectly polite even if she was still speaking to everybody.

Are you going to introduce yourself or should I call you 'the green one'? Anedaith said as she swung her head round to peer at her green sister.

D'via plopped herself down on the blanket and had to resist the urge to bury her face in her hands. Okay, that was the dragon tact she'd been warned about. “Here, eat.” She said, holding a handful out to Anedaith as a distraction. “What she meant to say was, so what's your names?” After all, there were a lot of candidates and D'via hadn't tried to get to know them all. She had vaguely known Ysveta's name, if she'd had a little while to remember it maybe. And the other one is Zareen, Zaren, Zar-something, and that's only if her dragon didn't decide to shorten it.

Offline Zarenna

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 07:54:04 AM »
Oops, it looks like they had woken up Ysveta and Oskith on accident. Zarenna looked at the blue pair as they came over. She looked back at D'via though and she smiled. "Thank you, that was very thoughtful." She leaned to the bucket and took a handful of the chunks to start to feed to Atissyth. I can feed myself you know! And then risk you choking on your food, I think I will feed you my dear. The green couldn't think of a good come back to that so she just ate. Zarenna and Atissyth both seemed to be slightly content with just the sounds of eating dragons, but she did realize that she barely knew her roommates.

That was, until the introductions started. She was about to introduce themselves when Anedaith spoke to Atissyth. Zarenna sighed as she sat on the blanket and she waited for the green to make some kind of snarky reply. Well, red one, my name is Atissyth and this is Zarenna. The green's voice seemed to be full of the regal mentality that she held. Zarenna was starting to think that the green was supposed to be a gold, but Faranth knows who had it against the green to not make her that gold. Not that Zarenna was complaining, she didn't think she would make a good leader.

Anyone can make a good leader with training. Just watch, we will be the best! Zarenna was hoping that the green kept that little comment to themselves, but she was starting to focus on shoving more chunks into the greens mouth to hopefully keep her quiet. "I feel like I will have my hands full with Atissyth here." She meant it as a small little jab of fun at the green, who took it as that and purred between bites of food.

Offline Ysveta

• Perpetually Awkward
    • View Profile

• She/Her/Hers
  • turns old
  • blue-weyrling.png
  • of Oskith
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 03:52:37 PM »
D'via? Well that was new. Ysveta was already reaping the rewards of Oskith's recommendations. It had slipped her mind in the worry to remember what their old names were to even think about whether or not their names had been honorised by their new lifemates.

It's a pleasure to meet you all. Oskith supplied crisply as he padded towards towards the food bowl, waiting somewhat impatiently for Ysveta to follow and grab a handful of meat to feed the young blue.

"Thank you D'via." She gestured at the food. It probably hadn't been necessary. All of them had the capability to walk to get the food themselves. But she did think that it was a kind thing to have done regardless, even if she didn't quite understand how D'via had thought of doing so. But Ysveta didn't understand other people much anyways.

It seemed the other two were content to make conversation about their bondeds so far, and so Ysveta kept quiet. Content to rip up a few pieces of meat to feed to Oskith as she listened for an opening in the conversation that she was interested in.

Has a scar from jaw to hairline across her left cheek, obtained in Kalestath's hatching of 2590.

Offline D'via

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 04:23:18 AM »
Anedaith ignored Atissyth's comment, after all, she was indeed the red one and quite proud of that fact. “I'm pleased to meet you all.” D'via said as she held another chunk of meat out for Anedaith. She suddenly feels rather small, now she's getting a good look at them they're both far older than she is.

She's sure she's blushing slightly when Ysveta thanks her and she gives her a small shy smile. “It was nothing.” It really hadn't been any trouble at all and hungry dragons are loud.

Or at least Anedaith is and Atissyth doesn't seem to mind talking to everyone either, but Oskith seems quiet. Maybe that's normal, the lessons did say that blues tend to be quieter and steadier than the other colours. Though nothing is ever simple. There are probably chatty blues and quiet sullen reds. But there is so much to learn and I have to ask what things are. Anedaith puts in, clearly not a fan of being silent or of the detour D'via's brain is taking as she pokes her nose into the bowl and D'via quickly grabs some more meat.

She blinks when Zarenna speaks again and she can't help but giggle a little. If Zarenna considers Atissyth a handful, then what's Anedaith? “I think I might need a leash.” She says, laughing again at Anedaith's indignant squawk when she works out what a leash is, no doubt by overseeing it in D'via's mind.

Offline Zarenna

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 09:18:48 AM »
Atissyth looked at Oskith and she hummed her agreement to him. It was a pleasure to meet all of them, and she was happy to have met them. Of course, that only reason she didn't answer verbally was because she was currently working on chewing on a piece of meat that didn't seem to want to work with her. Zarenna couldn't help but sigh as she started to tear the meat into even smaller chunks for the green. Being ignored by Anedaith didn't seem to bug Atissyth much at the moment, probably because she was more interested in the food.

Did they make leashes for dragons? That was the question. What is a leash and why are you wondering if it was made for dragons? Instead of answering her, Zarenna just thought of a leash and she nearly giggled when she got the greens reaction. No! No leashes for us! We are too regal to need them! This response was made to all, and Zarenna was sure that the green was having a complete break down, so she gave Atissyth another chunk of meat. "She asked what we meant by a leash. Sounds like she doesn't like the idea."

She chuckled as the green just seemed to stare at her while she ate the meat chunks. You know I wouldn't put you in one, unless you really needed it. She smiled as she fed the green another piece of meat. Atissyth was starting to get tired but she was still hungry, but that didn't stop her from crawling into Zarenna's lap to eat there, where it was comfy, and warm. Zarenna looked at Ysveta and she smiled. "How are you and Oskith getting along?" She didn't want to have Ysveta feel left out of their little roommate conversations.

Offline Ysveta

• Perpetually Awkward
    • View Profile

• She/Her/Hers
  • turns old
  • blue-weyrling.png
  • of Oskith
  • Inki
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2019, 12:35:12 AM »
Ysveta found it slightly disconcerting to have the green's voice in her head. She'd heard dragons talking to her before, but it had always been an unique experience. Saibrasoth had taken some getting used to, but his timing was usually predictable given it was usually centred around important Weyr events that you couldn't miss. Rantasyth had been... wonderful. Getting to know her mother and her mother's dragon at the same time always gave her a bit of a thrill. But other than that, it was quite rare to have voices other than her own in her head. Now with Oskith taking up a part of her brain that she didn't even know existed, it felt just a little wrong to have someone else talking to her.

The discomfort of the feeling made her scar itch, and her hand crept up to her cheek to lightly scratch at the remembrance of candidacy she'd keep for life.

It's not wrong for her to want to share. Doesn't mean we have to. Oskith reassured her calmly, despite Ysveta not even realising she had been wanting some sort of reassurance. Ysveta considered that for a moment while Oskith lounged happily, swinging his tail slowly back and forth like a pendulum off the edge of the bed, every now and then nudging Ysveta's hand as a prompt to give up the piece of meat she was holding.

"It would be quite strange if we were not getting along very well, would it not?" It may have sounded accusatory, perhaps a little defensive to the girls in the room, but Ysveta certainly didn't mean it that way. She was simply trying to understand the point behind Zarenna's question, and smiled when she remembered that it was polite to return a smile with one of your own.

And by that she means, we're learning how perfect we are for each other. He answered matter-of-factly to Zarenna, including the others in the room for politeness sake. Even as he asked a question to Ysveta alone, multitasking the two conversations quite nicely. Can I have this a little bit smaller please? Pushing the meat she had been holding out to him back towards her with his nose.

She complied happily, enjoying the fact that at least he seemed to understand what she was getting at.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 12:38:01 AM by Ysveta »

Offline D'via

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2019, 03:47:39 AM »
Of course you are Oskith. Anedaith says to her fellow dragons. I am perfect for D'via too. I do keep having to tell her that though. The little red says with a rather put upon tone. She just can't understand why it is a hard concept to grasp, as far as she's concerned it's a simple fact.

D'via gives Ysveta a small smile, “I can't imagine a dragon and rider that don't get along. She holds out some more meat, blinking as Anedaith takes it silently and D'via frowns slightly as she focuses on her dragon. There's nothing apparently wrong, just an intense feeling of concentration before Anedaith looks back at her as if she was doing nothing out of the ordinary.

“Were you meaning how we're getting along in the bonding?” She asks Zarenna, because now she's thinking about it that would make more sense than asking if they're right for each other. D'via's still having trouble just thinking her words, they never seem to work, though Anedaith can pick up pictures and overall concepts well enough. It's annoying as she's sure she's seen other weyrlings having conversations without talking, given the facial expressions. She's not going to tell anyone that though, she doesn't want to be known as the one that can't talk to her own dragon.

Tags:

OOC Recent

[February 11, 2019, 05:28:23 PM]

[February 11, 2019, 12:34:24 PM]

[February 10, 2019, 12:26:58 AM]

[February 07, 2019, 08:23:48 PM]

[February 07, 2019, 08:23:09 PM]

[February 07, 2019, 06:41:58 PM]

[February 06, 2019, 09:05:13 PM]

[February 06, 2019, 03:50:36 PM]

by Inki
[February 03, 2019, 07:41:43 PM]

[February 03, 2019, 11:21:07 AM]

[February 02, 2019, 11:03:23 AM]

[February 02, 2019, 10:31:31 AM]

[February 01, 2019, 08:23:32 PM]

[February 01, 2019, 07:24:57 PM]

[February 01, 2019, 07:05:18 PM]

IC Recent

Pern RPs | Other RPs
Rainbow Mists Weyr Canyon River Weyr | RPG-D
Fortune Favors the Brave | World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP OSH
Innovo Weyr Under the Wings Pern Unbound | Xenedria: Scifi Master/slave RPG
In Rukbat Destiny of Pern Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | The Gates - Demons vs Hunters Felth's Heart Open Affiliate!

Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! |
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Blood Law - Anitaverse RPG Open Affiliate!
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!