Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

Required Reading
links to read before you join

Ic Info
Character information, Applications, and Adoptables

Bestiarum
The notable fauna of SWW

OOC Extras
Fun things around the forum to wittle at time between posts or links to OOC info

A comprehensive list of links to all our info

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
8.2591 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every OOC week. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Whers here, though not for firelizards.  There are Candidate events, Weyrling classes, Holder plots, and Crafthall developments -- a little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!
 photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Approved I'nora [25.09.2570 9th Pass || Green Weyrling]  (Read 283 times)

Offline Tyriani

• View Profile

• She/Her/Hers
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
I'nora [25.09.2570 9th Pass || Green Weyrling]
« on: February 01, 2019, 04:52:36 PM »
I'nora

Biography
Play By:
Prachi Desai
Name:
Idalinora
Honorific:
I'nora
Pronounced:
I - nor - ah
Nicknames:
Nora
Date of Birth:
25.09.2570 9th Pass
Place of Birth:
High Reaches Weyr
Dragon Color:
Green
Impression Age:
2589/19
Wing Rank:
Weyrling
Weyrmate:
N/A

Your Reflection

Appearance: She loves to be in purples, no matter what it is that she is wearing, she is in purple. She feels that the color best suits her skin tone, so that is what she goes with. The situation called her hair will always depend on the mood that she is in that morning, or whatever chores or assignment that she is given. Most of the time though, her hair is down and flowing everywhere in the wind, even when she is riding Elmieth.

Response to 9th Pass Catastrophe: To this day, she is still unsure of why we tried to change anything, but we did. Now we have to deal with the aftermath. She has the love and support of her family, but she does still blame the Pernese for trying to "fix" things.

Response to dragon color mutations: No. It needs to leave. The reason the hatchings have gotten so violent are because of these creatures. They aren't even fit to be called dragons, they are abominations.

Who Are You

Likes & Dislikes:
+ SWIMMING : Being in the water and swimming is serene and calming. She loves the silence that tends to come with the water. She finds swimming to be the one way that she can get away from others and just be herself.

+ SUNRISES/SUNSETS : She loves to watch the sun rise and the sun set. She loves the different colors that show up. She loves the different shades of oranges and reds, and each sunrise and sunset signals a new day, no matter which way you look at it.

+ SOCIALIZING : She loves to talk to others and make friends. She just doesn't talk to black and red riders too much since she doesn't believe in their colors. But to everyone else she is calm and collected and she loves to talk about things that they want to talk about. She doesn't like to be in the center of the attention, so she is happy to stand on the side and talk about others.

+/- HATCHINGS : This is a love-hate relationship for her. She loves to see all of the new hatchlings and the new weyrlings, but she hates to see the abominations called dragons that are hatched.

- BLACKS AND REDS : No, they aren't dragons to her, and she will never call them dragons. At best, they are beasts. She doesn't respect them and she doesn't recognize them.

- FORGETFULNESS : She hates having to wait on someone because they have forgotten something that they need. This is the most irresponsible thing that she can think of. But she will still wait, she will just be irritated.

- RUNNER-BEASTS : These things scare her. They always have since she was a child. It isn't because anything bad happened with them, but just because they are more wild than a dragon to her.

Strengths:

* LOYAL : She will always be loyal to those who she trusts and respects. She will follow the orders that she is given, even from those that she doesn't consider dragons. She is the kind of woman who will follow someone to the brink of death if she has to to make sure that she follows her leader.

* RESPECTFUL : She will respect everyone who she thinks deserves it. If you are a Holder, Crafter, or Weyrperson of rank, then you have her respect. If you are a rider of a traditional color, then you have her respect. Her respect will go so far as to have her doing what she is told and when she is told to do it.

* PROTECTIVE : She will protect Elmieth, Hazel, her family, and her friends to the death. She wants to be sure that she has those people safe always because she loves them and she doesn't want to lose them. She has been a protective person since her younger brother was born. It just naturally came into effect.

Weaknesses:

* OVER-THINKER : She tends to think over everything too much. She can be seen thinking a lot and usually giving herself and Elmieth a headache. Her thoughts will go over everything that could be in her brain, but she tends to think more on how to help fix Pern more than anything, and how Pern went to wrong so fast.

* FEARFUL : She is scared of new things, which explains why she is so fearful and hateful of the new colors. She calls them abominations because she doesn't want to think of them as a new color of dragon. She doesn't want to believe that they are natural or normal now. But she also fears death and life, she fears how fast life can end and how fast life can start. In general, she can be scared of everything, but thankfully, not at the same time.

* DREAMER : She loves to dream of what things used to be like, and then when she dreams of what things will be she calls these day nightmares. But when she is bored and actually not thinking, she is dreaming. This dreaming is kind of like watching a movie of things that she has gone through before, things that perhaps she could have changed, or things that could help her find ways to change herself.

Describe Yourself:

* TRADITIONALIST: I liked Pern how it was before. Before we tried to change the Thread. Before all of these...abominations started to be hatched. There is no way that this is who things were supposed to go. This can't be how we are meant to live now. There are days, when I wake up and forget that these abominations are a thing, until I walk outside and see one face to face, then I remember, and I cringe.

* CARING: I care for everyone who I trust and respect. You will know that I care for you when I show you. I normally show it by getting you things that you need or things that I think you would appreciate. If I manage to make you something, then you know that I really love you.

* HONEST: I don't like to lie, and I hate hearing lies. The truth and honesty is the best way to make friends in my opinion, because it shows you that I care and that I don't want to have a relationship based on lies. Lies are not what makes the world and relationships grow, honesty and the truth it.

The Magic Touch: When she is bored she will start to twirl a strand of hair around her right index finger.

Family

Mother: I'drya of Tralith, b. 2551, i. 2566
Father: Unknown

Siblings:
Sashana, Journeywoman Weaver, b. 2565
T'rel of Nynath, b. 2568, i. 2590
Ya'lin of Faromith, b. 2578, i. 2590

Children: She was born unable to conceive children.

Tell Us a Story

* 2570, 0 She was born to I'drya and was sent right to the Creche since her mother had to do her job as a Rider and fight the falling Thread. She was able to stay connected to her older brother and sister though, just because her mother made sure to tell the Creche workers who her family was.

* 2571, 1 High Reaches Weyr fell not a year later, but Idalinora doesn't remember anything of the move since she was only a year old. Everything that she knows about it, she heard from stories from other people.

* 2576, 6 She was doing her chores outside one day, and she found a lone little firelizard egg. She took it with her and she cared for the egg until it hatched, and she named the little Green flit, Hazel. The two have been inseparable since and have been the best of friends.

* 2578, 8 She had another sister! Yanderalin was brought to the Creche after being born to I'drya. Idalinora was starting to get protective just from looking at her younger sister, and she wanted to watch over her all the time. So she did, at least, until she was able to start walking, then she lost interest.

* 2582, 12 When she was able to join a craft, she went and became an apprentice Weaver. She liked the different clothes that the Weavers were able to make, and she wanted to be able to learn how to make them as well. She also figured that she would be able to mend her own clothing afterwards as well, so she was just excited to be able to do something useful.

* 2585, 15 Her life as an apprentice didn't last very long, and she didn't mind that. Being a Weaver was starting to get, well, boring to her. She wanted adventure and fun. She wanted to be like her mother, a rider. So when a Searchrider came to her and offered her a spot as a candidate on the Weyr, she quickly said yes and went with. This was what she wanted, a new life as a candidate, which was one step closer to being a rider.

* 2587, 17 There was a major move during her seventeenth year. The move to Southern Winds Weyr, their new home on Pern. A place that doesn't seem to have been hit by Thread, and seemed to be peaceful. Was this a new start for Pern? But when gold Kalestath laid her first clutch and it hatched, a new thing was found. A black dragon who impressed to S'bok and was named Neisoth. Idalinora immediately hated the abomination and she wanted it gone, but no one else seemed willing to feel the same way, so she had to sit and watch that hatching and writhe in anger.

* 2589, 19 But no more than two years later, gold Kalestath was rising once more for her flight and this time she was caught by a Weyrling, but not any Weyrling, the abomination, black Neisoth. The clutch seemed healthy though and held thirty eggs in it, but Idalinora knew that it was no good that it was sired by a black, let alone a weyrling. Idalinora knew that things were going to go poorly from here, and once that clutch hatched, it was proven, for there was a new abomination that hatched, Red dragons. Idalinora didn't even want to stand for the rest of the hatching, but she had to, and she was grateful to leave that hatching without any impression done to her, for it meant that she wasn't going to get some kind of abomination as lifemate.

But when Oriath had her hatching with bronze Leremith, Idalinora was slgihtly worried that there were going to be the abominations here, but there weren't. There were only the traditional colors, and this made Idalinora happy. But what made her even happier was when she impressed to her lovely green, Elmieth. Idalinora's name was changed to I'nora and she was now a Weyrling of a traditional color, and a beautiful green at that.

* 2590, 20 The fact that black Neisoth kept winning gold Kalestath's rises were acutally irritating I'nora. It was as if the gold queen wanted things to continue to go wrong. But when the hatching happened for their thirty-three eggs, things did go wrong. Eight more reds were hatched along with five more blacks. But it was the three candidate deaths that bugged her, because her brother and sister were on the Sands. But when she saw T'rel impress upon Nynath and Ya'lin upon Faromith, she felt better, because that meant that her brother and sister were going to be safe. Right as she thought that though, a black hatchling had gone and attacked a green one who had just impressed upon its rider. Well, this attack wounded the green and she took her rider between and the pair hasn't been seen since. I'nora is now determined in her thinking that the Black and Red abominations need to leave the Weyr.

* 2591, 21 Well, let's just make things get worse, gold Imyth has now been caught by a black weyrling, Baleth. This now makes two of the Weyrleaders black riders. I'nora is sure that the Weyr is on a slow decent into madness. At least when Kalestath's last hatching happened, there weren't any deaths, just more of the abominations called dragons.

Was it time already? She couldn't believe it but she was quickly getting changed for the hatching. She was excited, she loved watching Oriath's hatchings because they never seemed to hold any of the abominations, which she enjoyed. Idalinora was now dressed in her robes for the hatching and she made her way to the Sands with the other candidates. But when Hazel decided to pop in front of her, Idalinora stopped in her tracks and looked at the green. "No Hazel, you cannot come. Go back to the room, I will be there as soon as this is done." The green chirped sadly but left between.

Idalinora was glad that she hadn't hit the sands yet when the green showed up, but now she was, and without her green flit tail. She saw that there were other candidates ready to see what this hatching entailed. Before she took her spot though, she bowed to Oriath and smiled. "I thank you for this opportunity." She stated, and she made sure to stayed bowed long enough for the Junior Weyrwoman to know that the bow was for her as well. With the formalities out of the way, she walked over to her spot.

She was excited to say the least, and now, she was ready to see what could happen. If she was to see more of those abominations though, she would probably walk right off the sands mid hatch and leave the candidacy. She was not going to chance impressing to one of those creatures.

Created By:
Tyriani
Other Characters:
Zarenna, Lhamoire, V'orni, Nikadelli, [{Kelsiss}], and [{Yixalla}]
Inactivity Preference:
Adoptable because of PC family
Mauling Permissions:
Bring It On
Anything Else:
Using the Weyrling Application for Elmieth
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 08:23:18 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline Tyriani

• View Profile

• She/Her/Hers
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
Re: I'nora [25.09.2570 9th Pass || Green Weyrling]
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 04:52:55 PM »
Hazel

Flit Details
Image Credit:
Link to line art.
Colored By: IIIVIE
Name:
Hazel
Pronounced:
Hay - z - el
Color:
Green
Date of Birth:
15.05.2576 9th Pass
Place of Birth:
Fort Weyr

General Appearance

Even when she was a hatchling, Hazel was always covered in three different shades of green. Her body and underbelly seem to fight over what light shade they were going to be, while the tops of her wings were a solid dark green color. She is a small but agile little green, her wings seem to be the perfect size to her body for her to be able to gain speed and the agility she needs to be able to move around things quickly.

Personality

Empathic Connection: "Black" and "Red" are the only two words that she knows how to say on repeat. This is because she warns I'nora when a Red or Black dragon or rider is coming near her. Other than that, she likes to chirp aloud to everyone while sending pictures and emotions through her bond with I'nora.

Likes & Dislikes:
+ EATING : She can be a little pig when it comes to food. If I'nora is eating, then Hazel is eating her own meat chunks as well.

+ FLIGHTS : She loves to go on her flights, and she loves to see who can catch her first. To say that she can be a little butt is true, but once a male catches her, she is caught.

- FEMALE FLITS : She hates the competition, she would rather be the only female flit on the weyr, just so that she can have all of the attention of the males to herself.

- FIGHTS : She will not fight anyone for anything, well, except for maybe food. But even those fights are short lived just because its her food and she wants it more than you.

Anything Else:
Force Catch

Offline Southern Records

• Admin Account
  • Dispersing Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 04:35:26 PM »
This is the admin account for Southern Winds Weyr. All records, notes, and items of import come from here.

If you have questions, shoot us a PM @ Southern Records!

SWW Staff
SanctifiedSavage || SirAlahn || Weyrhandler

Offline Southern Records

• Admin Account
  • Dispersing Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 06:40:33 PM »
Elmieth

Dragon Details
Image Credit:
Link to line art.
Colored by SirAlahn
Name:
Elmieth
Pronounced:
[ ELL-mee-eth ]
Color:
Green
Date of Birth:
32.09.2589 9th Interval
Place of Birth:
Southern Winds Weyr
Clutch Mother:
Oriath
Clutch Father:
Leremith
Measurements:
Mature Length: 20.9M
Mature Height: 3.9M
Mature Wingspan: 34.7M

General Appearance
Elmieth is a pale, minty Green lady with a scintillating hide that nearly seems metallic. The mottling speckles on her shift with the light, making her shine, and displaying the variance of hues on her hide. Her neck ridges and cheek frills darken to a nearly emerald color, while her underbelly mirrors the color in a more scattered way. The webbing of her wings are darker yet, but still speckled, of a dusky pine color.

Short in length and short at the shoulder, Elmieth is a petite Green easily dwarfed even by some Blues. Her wingspan and sails are average, but this is a boon for her rather than a hindrance, since she's not weighed down by having wings far too large for her. Though maneuverable, it takes her a little while to get up to speed.

Personality
Mind Voice: Elmieth's voice is a melodic soprano, high without sounding airy and pleasant to hear. She does a fair bit of communicating vocally to, though the chirps of her weyrlinghood have given way to trills and hums instead. As far as her mental presence goes, it's clear and cool like a nice spring day.

Likes & Dislikes:
+ Attention : Namely, being the center of it. While she won't begrudge others their time in the spotlight, Elmieth likes being doted upon and recognized for the beauty that she is.

+ Down Time : Some might go so far as to call her lazy. While she won't actively shirk duties that she has been given, Elmieth prefers to avoid extra responsibilities if possible. She cares enough about her rider not to let that get in the way of I'nora's dreams, but she won't ever be thrilled about additional work.

- Mutation Dragons : Regarding them, Elmieth is of the same opinions as her rider, I'nora. She won't deign to talk to them, shuns their company, and is absolutely horrified by the idea that one of the Black monsters might catch her during a Flight. That horror is only slightly secondary to the fact that they continue to catch Queens.

Strengths: 

* MELLOW : In most facets of life, Elmieth is not a dragon with a bone to pick. She's readily accepting of a lot of things, and it takes quite a bit to faze her, anger her, or make her afraid. This Green seems to glide through life like a swan through water, and she will, at the very least, try to make sure I'nora doesn't spend all her time over-thinking.

* COMPASSIONATE : Along with her mellow and laidback nature, this Green is both sympathetic and empathetic to the plight of others. As a social creature by nature, she's easy to talk to and cares enough -- unless given reason not to -- that she'll happily endeavor to help those that need her assistance.

Weaknesses: 

* PREJUDICED : Even with her virtues, Elmieth is something of a hypocrite. She's easy-going about most matters, and empathetic to most people and other dragons… but the mutation colors are a huge blindspot to her.  She easily accepted her rider's disdain for them, seeing them as unnatural and alien. Those who end up bonding to them are little better, in her eyes. She's convinced herself that she doesn't understand how they think, even if in reality there's very little separating one dragon from another.

* SHALLOW : When it comes to attention from males of her species, Elmieth will always favor those who are more attractive, stronger, or in a higher rank. Though she won't purposefully be mean, she subconsciously gravitates toward power.

Dragon Speech Code:
Gradient Code : This is what your dragon's voice will look like. Text: #A2FAA3; Left BG: #1F5620; Right BG: #507750

Anything Else:
Made per the process outlined at the Optional Weyrling Application. Please let us know via PM if you choose to accept or reject this dragon.

When she is physically mature, Elmieth will fly on 32.03 and 32.09. Please let us know via PM if you would like her to be a Force Catch. (Though since she dislikes the mutations as much as her rider, perhaps non-Force Catch would make the most sense. Either way, it's up to you. :love: )

Elmieth is Green 001 from Oriath's 2589 clutch.

This is the admin account for Southern Winds Weyr. All records, notes, and items of import come from here.

SWW Staff

Offline Southern Records

• Admin Account
  • Dispersing Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 08:23:09 PM »

SWW Staff

Tags:

OOC Recent

[Yesterday at 12:17:43 PM]

[Yesterday at 11:24:26 AM]

[Yesterday at 08:53:49 AM]

[Yesterday at 08:49:49 AM]

[April 16, 2019, 12:33:48 PM]

[April 16, 2019, 12:32:54 PM]

[April 05, 2019, 07:49:27 PM]

[April 05, 2019, 07:47:24 PM]

[April 05, 2019, 07:44:45 PM]

[April 05, 2019, 07:42:06 PM]

[April 05, 2019, 07:41:02 PM]

[April 05, 2019, 07:39:56 PM]

[April 05, 2019, 07:37:35 PM]

[April 05, 2019, 07:35:18 PM]

[April 05, 2019, 07:33:10 PM]
Pern RPs | Other RPs
Rainbow Mists Weyr
Canyon River Weyr
|
Fortune Favors the Brave
Destiny of Pern
|
World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP
OSH
Innovo Weyr
Under the Wings
Pern Unbound
|
Xenedria: Scifi Master/slave RPG
In Rukbats Shadow
|
World of Oarth
Felth's Heart
Open Affiliate!

Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! |
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Blood Law - Anitaverse RPG
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!