Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

Required Reading
links to read before you join

Ic Info
Character information, Applications, and Adoptables

Bestiarum
The notable fauna of SWW

OOC Extras
Fun things around the forum to wittle at time between posts or links to OOC info

A comprehensive list of links to all our info

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
8.2591 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every OOC week. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Whers here, though not for firelizards.  There are Candidate events, Weyrling classes, Holder plots, and Crafthall developments -- a little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!
 photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Pernese Online A Gift of Dragons Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, 9th Interval AU Pern. We've destroyed almost the entire planet in a catastrophic event. While we feature 2 new mutations, we stick pretty close to canon. We've Ranks, roles, and positions for just about anyone who wants to get involved, with a relaxed community. Play and post at your own pace. Swing by and say hello!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Event [ 4.8.2591 ] Cracking Eggs  (Read 274 times)

Offline Southern Records

• Admin Account
  • Dispersing Knowledge
    • View Profile
[ 4.8.2591 ] Cracking Eggs
« on: April 16, 2019, 12:33:28 PM »
Cracking Eggs
4.8.2591 // 3:12 pm

For the security of the precious eggs, the small skycourser clutch has been kept under constant guard at the tiny Beastcraft Hall, where they can be monitored, turned, and kept warm as they would be by any mother ‘courser. Midway through the afternoon on this day, the first of the eggs starts to hatch! Those who have ‘claimed’ one of the eggs are quickly summoned so that they may begin the imprinting process, as well as feed and care for their new hatchling.

Surely, the commotion will draw the attention of others nearby—including others in those Halls and Fishercraft, and even some Candidates and riders lured from the beach. Though they won’t be able to get too close to the baby skycoursers—and certainly not handle them!— some congratulations wouldn’t go amiss.

What does this mean?
Our imprintable skycoursers are now live! This means that if your character is in a position to be approved as a Courser, they can go through the process of securing and imprinting to a skycourser. For this clutch, the number of eggs is left intentionally vague because we don’t really want to limit the amount that can be passed out. What we are asking is that there be one per player to start. <3 Then we’ll do more clutches of these – or more egg runs – as people want them.

As with any other creature, fill out the skycourser template and post it as a response to your character’s profile thread if they bond to one. As a reminder, there are some pre-colored skycoursers available in the Creature Bank! Just bear in mind that none of them are officially claimed until their associated profile has been finished and posted to a character.

Additionally, if you want the admins to create your critter for you, that is totally fine too! Just fill out this form and we’ll get right on it. :3

Code: [Select]
[b]Bonding Character:[/b] Name of your character here
[b]Skycourser Gender:[/b] Male or female
[b]Admin Created Personality:[/b] Do you just want art, or an entire profile?
[b]Notes:[/b] Anything else you want us to know? If you’re claiming art from the bank, note that here.

A couple of things to remember!
Skycoursers are very territorial and aggressive once they have imprinted – and the crafters know this. One egg per person and only after whomever has already had a wher trained up. You cannot bond to a wher once you have a skycourser – they’ll fight, and the skycourser is likely to win. They are not friendly to fire lizards – seeing them as prey animals and food – so if you have a fair of flits, you’re claiming an egg at their own risk. Most skycourser can grow accustomed to fire lizards if they’re trained proper, but accidents happen and they are still, even once adults, wild animals.

We also now have a skycourser roster, where all of the beasties will be listed – and there’s a shiny new profile field where you can input your skycourser’s name, and it will be displayed in the sidebar of your character’s posts just like with flits, whers, and dragons. :3

IC Thread

Claimed Skycoursers
---

Participants
Elrost || Cinnacai
D'via

Checked In
Eldessen
Nieve
Tayvelle || Oarlen

Standard event participation practice applies. Post in the event thread or here giving us a sentence or two as to what your character might be doing at this time. If you are posting elsewhere but skipping the events, remember : we do not require IC participation. Simply post here under your Player account and let us know what's going on with your character.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 02:09:52 PM by SirAlahn »
This is the admin account for Southern Winds Weyr. All records, notes, and items of import come from here.

If you have questions, shoot us a PM @ Southern Records!

SWW Staff
SanctifiedSavage || SirAlahn || Weyrhandler

Offline Inki

• Swamp Witch
    • View Profile

• She/Her/Hers
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
Re: [ 4.8.2591 ] Cracking Eggs
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 04:45:30 PM »
I've only got my two, Elrost and Cinnacai, that are appropriate for this thread, and I will follow up with a Cai post when I can.

Elrost is intrigued/excited/pleased but also concerned for everyone and everything's safety. He just hopes it all goes well and that nothing too bad happens.

Cinnacai was one of the few who retrieved these eggs. I hadn't planned on her wanting an egg, because it doesn't quite suit the role she currently holds in the farmer crafthall. But she (and I) are starting to think that she's suited to the Courser role, and maybe she can just have a new role. The farmer craft is small anyways. I'M WAFFLING. So when I decide what's up, Cai will get a post.

Added : SirAlahn

Offline Jarakrisafis

• View Profile
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 05:18:09 AM »
None of mine really fit for this, but I do have a curious hatchling dragon so Anedaith might drag D'via over.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 06:52:56 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline Tinker

• Just arrived
    • View Profile

• She/Her/Hers
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 08:53:49 AM »
Eldessen is out hunting with Jungle Wing, but she's a little miffed she can't see this beautiful resurgence of a lost craft art.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 06:53:03 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline Drewliet

• latch.
    • View Profile
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 05:57:50 PM »
Of mine, I think only Nieve will attend so she can snoop around and decide whether she hates these things or is fully committed to getting one, one day.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 02:10:04 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline Kyya

• Standing behind you
    • View Profile
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 07:15:53 PM »
Tayvelle Will be present... And I will steal some time to get posting one day, hopefully soon!

Oarlen Will try and poke his head in if given the chance... with firelizards tucked safely away in his room.

I think that'll be it... Maybe... Commit to two posts here... and a few others over th eplace and see how we go?

« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 02:10:10 PM by SirAlahn »

Offline Beasty

• Tame the Beast Within
  • Beasty
    • View Profile
  • Thread Tracker
  • Plotter
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 01:33:00 PM »
Tallorine will be off doing Jungle things with her wing, so will most likely not be there.
Zaya if about may check it out but it is unlikely for she likes to spend most of her time far from gatherings of people

Remmalthira is at the Mine Hall so wont be attending nor even care

Albree is tucked away in the creche

Ehrran may try to sneak away from her candidate duties to check it out as best she can

Murrinah will be there... she is excited about the Skycourser since well, she did claim one.

Bonding Character: Murrinah
Skycourser Gender: either is fine
Admin Created Personality: Entire profile please :D
Notes: nothing else
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 03:14:07 PM by Beasty »

Tags:

OOC Recent

[June 08, 2019, 04:55:13 PM]

[June 02, 2019, 06:50:51 PM]

[May 21, 2019, 03:08:17 PM]

[May 21, 2019, 01:33:00 PM]

by Inki
[May 15, 2019, 11:59:05 PM]

[April 20, 2019, 12:17:43 PM]

[April 20, 2019, 11:24:26 AM]

[April 20, 2019, 08:49:49 AM]

[April 16, 2019, 12:33:48 PM]

[April 16, 2019, 12:32:54 PM]

[April 05, 2019, 07:49:27 PM]

[April 05, 2019, 07:47:24 PM]

[April 05, 2019, 07:44:45 PM]

[April 05, 2019, 07:42:06 PM]

[April 05, 2019, 07:41:02 PM]
Pern RPs | Other RPs
Rainbow Mists Weyr
Canyon River Weyr
|
Fortune Favors the Brave
Destiny of Pern
|
World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP
OSH
Innovo Weyr
Under the Wings
Pern Unbound
|
Xenedria: Scifi Master/slave RPG
In Rukbats Shadow
|
World of Oarth
Felth's Heart
THE DARK AND HOLLOW PLACES

Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! |
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Blood Law - Anitaverse RPG
Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! | Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate! Open Affiliate!