Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: We're back in business! With new events and a new skin, we hope you like the rejuvenated site.

Guest Info Plot & Events

Current Month
4.2590 A.R.
9th Interval

Southern Winds has plotted events roughly every 4 or 5 OOC days. This means our story is ever evolving and Southern Winds is changing. Events for the current month are listed here, once you've registered for an account.

Our roleplay time is pretty fluid. We allow you to play anything that may have happened in the past, but not in the future, as events that may affect the entire weyr may ruin futuristic plots.

We list Flights, Clutches, and Hatchings for both Dragons and Flits here, as well as whers.  There are Candidate events and classes and Crafter plots. A little bit of something for everyone.

See previous events here!
 photo OOCChat_zpseb6e942b.png
Feel free to say hello, guesties! Registered members can request a unique colored name here.

photo voteforus_zps4dda9678.png
Click on the following to place your vote for us. Daily clicks would be fantastic!

Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

http://southernwindsweyr.net/Images/news icon copy.png We are a mature, semi-canon Pern set beyond the 9th Pass with an altered time line. This means things have been shaken up quite a bit. We also feature 2 mutations of dragons, with roles and positions available for just about anyone. We like active players and creative writers. Even if you're new to Pern, don't hesitate. We're happy to help you get settled in!

Registration?
Southern Winds uses a subaccount system to distinguish between Players and their Characters. So REGISTER with your Player Account Name and the admin will assign you your Character Subaccount once your character is approved!

Southern Winds is a Mature Roleplay. This means we allow for sexual, violent content that would be found in a struggling, 9th Interval Pern. Sex is common place in the Weyr and terrible deaths are no stranger here. As such, our players should be 18+. These themes are to be handled maturely at all times.

Regards,
Southern Winds Weyr

Author Topic: Character Templates  (Read 8746 times)

Offline Southern Records

• Admin Account
  • Dispersing Knowledge
    • View Profile
Character Templates
« on: January 20, 2014, 04:50:39 PM »

This thread details the different characters you can have, the requirements for them, and the applications for such. Questions about character creation can be addressed in the Q&A Forum as well as a PM to the Southern Records Account. Make sure you check out the required reading to ground yourself in our setting. In addition, we have some recommended reading and a guide to help you through your character creation.

Required Reading
     Rules
          The rules of SWW.
     RP Thread Guide & List
          How time and thread creation works for SWW.
     Summary and Map
          The main plot of Southern Winds, as well as the history that leads up to the current time.

Recommended Reading
     Naming Conventions
          Has the naming conventions of dragons, whers, and people.
     F.A.Q.
          A lot of questions you may have about the setting and site may be already addressed here.
     Character Creation Guide
          This walks you through creating a character at Southern Winds.
     Suggested Characters and Factions
          A guide to character suggestions as well as the political climate of Southern Winds.
     Complete History
          This is a time line of all the major events, and some that may affect your character depending on where/when they were born. This lists fall dates of Holds, Halls, and Weyrs.
     Dragons
          Details the impression guidelines and what makes Southern Winds dragons unique.
     The Different Wing Information:
          Jungle, Beach, Prairie, Mountain.
     Clutch Records
          To determine dragon birth dates.

About the Application Process
We try to review first characters within the day or so they’re posted, and PM your account with suggestions for revision. Any and all plot points are certainly welcome and up for discussion, so long as they jive with the setting. Upon completion of your character application, the admin will create your character account for you and you’re free to start roleplaying.

Create a New Thread with your character name, birth date, and rank in the tittle.  I.E. First Name [ 2258 9th Pass / Dragon Color ], First Name [ 2578 9th Pass / Craft Rank ] You can have WIP characters in the Journals.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 12:54:02 PM by Southern Records »
This is the admin account for Southern Winds Weyr. All records, notes, and items of import come from here.

If you have questions, shoot us a PM @ Southern Records!

SWW Staff
SanctifiedSavage || SirAlahn || Aster || Inki || Weyrhandler

Offline Southern Records

• Admin Account
  • Dispersing Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: Character Creation Guide
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 05:23:30 PM »
Dragon Rider
For the characters already set with dragons or whers. There are no requirements to make a dragon rider. Simply check the clutch records ( none exist for whers, we're allowing for creative license ) for when you might Impress and the history to determine where your Rider is from. We don't currently have an open Gold Dragon slot, but we do have 2 adoptables. We encourage people to take ranked slots, but their only requirements are that we ask they be your second character, after you've already settled in and decided for the long haul on our lovely site. For information on what we want from Ranked Dragon Riders, check here.
Sample Riders
Y'vis – Bronze Rider, K'mar – Brown Rider, K'eeda – Blue Rider, A'lori – Green Weyrling.

Code: [Select]
[appheader][*img]Paste your image URL here. 500 is suggested for the max width, but the box will scroll if necessary.[/*img][/appheader]
[center]Play By:
NAME YOUR FACE CLAIM[/center]
[apptitle]Biography[/apptitle]
[appbio][b]First Name:[/b]
Full first name.
[b]Honorific:[/b]
No play on real words.
[b]Nicknames:[/b]
Whatever you like.
[b]Date of Birth:[/b]
dd.mm.yyyy 9th Pass or 9th Interval.
[b]Place of Birth:[/b]
Which Hold or Weyr. Check history for Fall dates for specific places during the 9th Pass.
[b]Dragon Color:[/b]
Gold, Bronze, Brown, Blue, Green, Black, Red.
[b]Impression Age:[/b]
yyyy/age.
[b]Wing Rank:[/b]
Weyrling or Wing Rider, unless otherwise approved. Also list the wing you would like your Rider to be apart of. Wing information is listed in the Recommended reading in the first post of the Character App thread.
[b]Weyrmate:[/b]
If there is one.[/appbio]
[apptitle]Your Reflection...[/apptitle]
[apprefl][b]Appearance:[/b] We already know how your character looks from the image you’ve provided above. This section is for anything that makes your character stand out. Dressing style, how they wear their hair, distinguishing marks, etc. What they see when they look in the mirror on any given day. A paragraph suits.

[b]Response to 9th Pass Catastrophe:[/b] Everyone survived one way or another. How’d they cope with the destruction of everything that is known of Pern?

[b]Response to dragon color mutations:[/b] How do they feel about the new Black Rider Weyrleader and the mutations in the clutches?[/apprefl]
[apptitle]Who are you...[/apptitle]
[apprefl][b]Likes:[/b] List of 3-5 likes here

[b]Dislikes:[/b] List of 3-5 dislikes here

[b]Strengths:[/b] 5+ (list form and please give at least a bit of explanation to each)

* EXAMPLE : Explanation

[b]Weaknesses:[/b] 5+ (list form and please give at least a bit of explanation to each)

[b]Describe Yourself:[/b]

* [b]WORD[/b]: [i]-----[/i] After the word used to describe the character, give an explanation or an example of that word to do with their personality.

* [b]WORD[/b]: [i]-----[/i] After the word used to describe the character, give an explanation or an example of that word to do with their personality.

[b]The Magic Touch:[/b] If there’s anything else you’d like to add, like habits or an addiction, please add it here.[/apprefl]
[apptitle]Family...[/apptitle]
[apprefl][b]Mother:[/b] Rank, birthdate, deathdate if applicable. If she was a dragon rider, we need to know the turn she Impressed and the name of her dragon.
[b]Father:[/b] Rank, birthdate, deathdate if applicable. If he was a dragon rider, we need to know the turn he Impressed and the name of his dragon.

[b]Siblings:[/b] Name, rank, birthdate, and deathdate if applicable. If any were dragon riders, we need to know the turn they Impressed and the name of their dragons.

[b]Children:[/b] Given the nature of Pern, most dragon riders will have some manner of children, especially around the ages of 14-16, as that is generally when holders begin to pair off and get married. It is highly unlikely, and very rare, that someone will make it to the age of 20 with no children. [/apprefl]
[apptitle]Tell us a story...[/apptitle]
[apprefl]This is the perfect place for you to write out your character’s history. Dot points work out best. So list the important events in their life and a small description of what happened.

* [i]year, age[/i] Event

* [i]year, age[/i] Event

* [i]year, age[/i] Event

* [i]year, age[/i] Event

* [i]year, age[/i] Event

[b]Give us a taste of your character and a sample of how you roleplay. No real length limit.[/b][/apprefl]
[apptitle]Member Info...[/apptitle]
[appbio][b]Created By:[/b]
What you would like to be called on the board
[b]Other Characters:[/b]
List, please.
[b]Inactivity Preference:[/b]
Make them an NPC, kill them off, adoptable, or have them fade away?
[b]Mauling Permissions:[/b]
[url=http://southernwindsweyr.net/index.php?topic=26.0]Look here for the different options![/url]
[b]Anything Else:[/b]
Any notes or comments you’d like to make. If you would like your character listed as nonbinary, please note it here.[/appbio]
[appcred]
Spoiler for Dragon Rider Preview:
[*img]Paste your image URL here. 500 is suggested for the max width, but the box will scroll if necessary.[/*img]

Play By:
NAME YOUR FACE CLAIM
Biography

First Name:
Full first name.
Honorific:
No play on real words.
Nicknames:
Whatever you like.
Date of Birth:
Place of Birth:
Which Hold or Weyr. Check history for Fall dates for specific places during the 9th Pass.
Dragon Color:
Gold, Bronze, Brown, Blue, Green, Black, Red.
Impression Age:
yyyy/age.
Wing Rank:
Weyrling or Wing Rider, unless otherwise approved. Also list the wing you would like your Rider to be apart of. Wing information is listed in the Recommended reading in the first post of the Character App thread.
Weyrmate:
If there is one.

Your Reflection...

Appearance: We already know how your character looks from the image you’ve provided above. This section is for anything that makes your character stand out. Dressing style, how they wear their hair, distinguishing marks, etc. What they see when they look in the mirror on any given day. A paragraph suits.

Response to 9th Pass Catastrophe: Everyone survived one way or another. How’d they cope with the destruction of everything that is known of Pern?

Response to dragon color mutations: How do they feel about the new Black Rider Weyrleader and the mutations in the clutches?

Who are you...

Dislikes: List of 3-5 dislikes here

Strengths: 5+ (list form and please give at least a bit of explanation to each)

Weaknesses: 5+ (list form and please give at least a bit of explanation to each)

Describe Yourself:

* WORD: ----- After the word used to describe the character, give an explanation or an example of that word to do with their personality.

* WORD: ----- After the word used to describe the character, give an explanation or an example of that word to do with their personality.

The Magic Touch: If there’s anything else you’d like to add, like habits or an addiction, please add it here.

Family...

Mother: Rank, birthdate, deathdate if applicable. If she was a dragon rider, we need to know the turn she Impressed and the name of her dragon.
Father: Rank, birthdate, deathdate if applicable. If he was a dragon rider, we need to know the turn he Impressed and the name of his dragon.

Siblings: Name, rank, birthdate, and deathdate if applicable. If any were dragon riders, we need to know the turn they Impressed and the name of their dragons.

Children: Given the nature of Pern, most dragon riders will have some manner of children, especially around the ages of 14-16, as that is generally when holders begin to pair off and get married. It is highly unlikely, and very rare, that someone will make it to the age of 20 with no children.

Tell us a story...

This is the perfect place for you to write out your character’s history. Dot points work out best. So list the important events in their life and a small description of what happened.

* year, age Event

* year, age Event

* year, age Event

* year, age Event

* year, age Event

Give us a taste of your character and a sample of how you roleplay. No real length limit.

Member Info...

Created By:
Other Characters:
List, please.
Inactivity Preference:
Mauling Permissions:
Look here for the different options!
Anything Else:
Any notes or comments you’d like to make. If you would like your character listed as nonbinary, please note it here.

Coded by SanctifiedSavage for SWW

Wher Handlers
Wher handlers can be crafters but not candidates - you either get a wher or a dragon. Wher clutches are often handed out to 'approved' persons where the Gold wher allows a person to bond. ( Anyone can create a wher and have their character impress to one, of any color. ) As such, all wher handlers would have gone through this same process. No accidental impressions for whers. A wher handler usually has some other job they do besides raising their wher - crafters, holders, and regulars about the weyr are all free to have their own wher. As it stands, they're treated more like special pets or beasts to help with the craft work. They're especially popular for Miners. Wher Handler at Southern Winds is secondary to a character’s rank or profession. I.E. We have no Wher Handler position. Those that own Whers are Crafters or Holders, and whers have become the common pets at Southern Winds since there are no surviving cats or dogs. As such, simply add a Wher profile after your character’s profile post to claim them.
Sample Wher Handlers
Keassa – Sr Journeywoman Herder, Tyldas – Master Harper, Sebek – Journeyman Farmer, Junipher – Jr Journeywoman Healer

Candidates
For those wishing to Impress. Anyone can have a candidate and you can come up with just how they got Searched during the 9th Pass. Remember, a lot of Pern is being reshuffled around and dying to Thread. And the most recent turns have everyone left on Pern in one weyr. The Weyr tends to keep the Gold candidates separate but that doesn't mean Gold candidates haven't impressed to chromatics before. Candidates are usually 12-25 turns, with most being pressured to leave Candidacy between 22-24. They will be removed from Candidacy without choice the day they turn 25 if they have not Impressed. Understand that Candidates will not Impress on their first IC clutch, and may not on their second. If you make a candidate, it is to play a candidate. You will, of course, eventually impress.  Additional candidate information, such as class, chores, and expectation, is here. If you do not list a color preference, understand that your character may not Impress at all.
Sample Candidate
Erieen

[appheader][*img]Paste your image URL here. 500 is suggested for the max width, but the box will scroll if necessary.[/*img][/appheader]
[center]Play By:
Full first name.
Whatever you like.
[b]Job Before Search:[/b]
What they did before becoming a Candidate.
[b]Color Preference:[/b]
What do you hope to Impress? Please also include why you feel your Candidate would be a good rider for this color. Final Impression decisions will be up to the discretion of the admin, but we will take your preference into consideration. If you do not list a color preference, understand that means your character might not impress at all.
[b]Future Rider Name:[/b]
If/when your character Impresses, what will their dragon call them? Here's the place to let us know what your character's elided or shortened name will be.
[b]Spouse or Weyrmate:[/b]
[apprefl][b]Appearance:[/b] We already know how your character looks from the image you’ve provided above. This section is for anything that makes your character stand out. Dressing style, how they wear their hair, distinguishing marks, etc. What they see when they look in the mirror on any given day. A paragraph suits.

[b]Response to 9th Pass Catastrophe:[/b] Everyone survived one way or another. How’d they cope with the destruction of everything that is known of Pern?

[b]Response to dragon color mutations:[/b] How do they feel about the new Black Rider Weyrleader and the mutations in the clutches?[/apprefl]

[b]Strengths:[/b] 5+ (list form and please give at least a bit of explanation to each)

[b]Weaknesses:[/b] 5+ (list form and please give at least a bit of explanation to each)

[b]The Magic Touch:[/b] If there’s anything else you’d like to add, like habits or an addiction, please add it here.[/apprefl]
[apprefl][b]Mother:[/b] Rank, birthdate, deathdate if applicable. If she was a dragon rider, we need to know the turn she Impressed and the name of her dragon.
[b]Father:[/b] Rank, birthdate, deathdate if applicable .  If he was a dragon rider, we need to know the turn he Impressed and the name of his dragon.

[b]Siblings:[/b] Name, rank, birthdate, deathdate if applicable. If any were dragon riders, weneed to know the turn they Impressed and the name of their dragons.

[b]Children:[/b] Candidates are required to have sex before they stand - no virgins will be allowed on the Hatching Sands. This encouragement to engage in sexual activity often results in Candidates having babies before Impressing. If they were searched later in life, it's expected they'd have a family and children before then.[/apprefl]
[apprefl]This is the perfect place for you to write out your character’s history. Dot points work out best. So list the important events in their life and a small description of what happened.

* [i]year, age[/i] Event

* [i]year, age[/i] Event

* [i]year, age[/i] Event

* [i]year, age[/i] Event

* [i]year, age[/i] Event

[b]Give us a taste of your character and a sample of how you roleplay. No real length limit.[/b][/apprefl]
List, please.
[url=http://southernwindsweyr.net/index.php?topic=26.0]Look here for the different options![/url]
Understand that Candidates will not Impress on their first IC clutch, and may not on their second. If you make a candidate, it is to play a candidate. You will, of course, eventually impress.  If you would like your character listed as nonbinary, please note it here.[/appbio]
[appcred]
Spoiler for Candidate Preview:
[*img]Paste your image URL here. 500 is suggested for the max width, but the box will scroll if necessary.[/*img]

Play By:
NAME YOUR FACE CLAIM
Biography

First Name:
Full first name.
Nicknames:
Whatever you like.
Date of Birth:
Place of Birth:
Job Before Search:
What they did before becoming a Candidate.
Color Preference:
What do you hope to Impress? Please also include why you feel your Candidate would be a good rider for this color. Final Impression decisions will be up to the discretion of the admin, but we will take your preference into consideration. If you do not list a color preference, understand that means your character might not impress at all.
Future Rider Name:
If/when your character Impresses, what will their dragon call them? Here's the place to let us know what your character's elided or shortened name will be.
Spouse or Weyrmate:
If there is one.

Your Reflection...

Appearance: We already know how your character looks from the image you’ve provided above. This section is for anything that makes your character stand out. Dressing style, how they wear their hair, distinguishing marks, etc. What they see when they look in the mirror on any given day. A paragraph suits.

Response to 9th Pass Catastrophe: Everyone survived one way or another. How’d they cope with the destruction of everything that is known of Pern?

Response to dragon color mutations: How do they feel about the new Black Rider Weyrleader and the mutations in the clutches?

Who are you...

Weaknesses: 5+ (list form and please give at least a bit of explanation to each)

Describe Yourself:

The Magic Touch: If there’s anything else you’d like to add, like habits or an addiction, please add it here.

Family...

Mother: Rank, birthdate, deathdate if applicable. If she was a dragon rider, we need to know the turn she Impressed and the name of her dragon.
Father: Rank, birthdate, deathdate if applicable .  If he was a dragon rider, we need to know the turn he Impressed and the name of his dragon.

Siblings: Name, rank, birthdate, deathdate if applicable. If any were dragon riders, weneed to know the turn they Impressed and the name of their dragons.

Children: Candidates are required to have sex before they stand - no virgins will be allowed on the Hatching Sands. This encouragement to engage in sexual activity often results in Candidates having babies before Impressing. If they were searched later in life, it's expected they'd have a family and children before then.

Tell us a story...

This is the perfect place for you to write out your character’s history. Dot points work out best. So list the important events in their life and a small description of what happened.

* year, age Event

* year, age Event

* year, age Event

* year, age Event

* year, age Event

Give us a taste of your character and a sample of how you roleplay. No real length limit.

Member Info...

Created By:
Other Characters:
List, please.
Inactivity Preference:
Mauling Permissions:
Anything Else:
Understand that Candidates will not Impress on their first IC clutch, and may not on their second. If you make a candidate, it is to play a candidate. You will, of course, eventually impress.  If you would like your character listed as nonbinary, please note it here.

Crafters
For the skilled pernese. Anyone can take an apprentice crafter slot and we ask that if you wish a ranked slot, they be your second character. We would like people who are intending to stay, as ranked characters tend to be important. During our present turn on Southern Winds, the craft halls are a mess, supplies have been lost and are limited, and everyone is just trying rebuild after the destruction of what they knew. Current craft hall status is listed here. This also means even Apprentices are in high demand for work and training eachother as well as helping to re-establish the crafthalls. The available craft halls are Harper, Healer, Fisher, Miner, Weaver, and Smith. You can have your character from one of the 'lost' crafts, such as Beast, Vinter, Tanner, Wood, or Farm, but know that these will be limited since most of their members have been lost to Thread and the likelihood of their halls being reinstated is slim. At least for awhile.
Sample Crafters
Tyldas – Master Harper, Tircin – Jr Journeyman Fisher, Loressa – Jr Dragon Healer

[center]Play By:
Full first name.
Whatever you like.
[b]Spouse:[/b]

[b]Dislikes:[/b] List of 3-5dislikes here

[apptitle]Personal History & Education[/apptitle]
[b]Father:[/b] Rank, birthdate, deathdate if applicable.  If he was a dragon rider, we need to know the turn he Impressed and the name of his dragon.

[b]Siblings:[/b] Name, rank, birthdate, deathdate if applicable. If any were dragon riders, we need to know the turn they Impressed and the name of their dragons.

[b]Children:[/b] Crafters are often married off from 12-16, and so will be expected to start their family around that time.

[b]Craft:[/b] They can come from any of the crafts that had been established, with the fall dates listed in the history to determine the extent of their education. Southern Winds only supports the remnants of the Craft Halls, currently: Healer, Smith, Harper, Mine, and Fisher.

[b]Rank:[/b] Jr/Sr Apprentice, Jr/Sr Journeyman, Master.

[b]Date Apprenticed:[/b] yyyy/Age. When they were taken into the Craft Hall. No one younger than 12 without permission.

[b]Date Tapped:[/b] yyyy/Age. No one younger than 19. Remove if not applicable.

[b]Mastership:[/b] yyyy/age. Remove if not applicable.

[b]Specialty:[/b] An area they excel in.

[b]Education Details:[/b] A general idea of how they took to their studies, what kind of student they were, and how they applied themselves. A paragraph or so. [/apprefl]

* [i]year, age[/i] Event

* [i]year, age[/i] Event

* [i]year, age[/i] Event

* [i]year, age[/i] Event

* [i]year, age[/i] Event

List, please.
Any notes or comments you’d like to make. If you would like your character listed as nonbinary, please note it here.[/appbio]
[appcred]

Spoiler for Crafter Preview:

Play By:
NAME YOUR FACE CLAIM
Biography

First Name:
Full first name.
Nicknames:
Whatever you like.
Date of Birth:
Place of Birth:
Spouse:
If there is one.

Your Reflection...

Who are you...

Describe Yourself:

Personal History & Education

Father: Rank, birthdate, deathdate if applicable.  If he was a dragon rider, we need to know the turn he Impressed and the name of his dragon.

Siblings: Name, rank, birthdate, deathdate if applicable. If any were dragon riders, we need to know the turn they Impressed and the name of their dragons.

Children: Crafters are often married off from 12-16, and so will be expected to start their family around that time.

Craft: They can come from any of the crafts that had been established, with the fall dates listed in the history to determine the extent of their education. Southern Winds only supports the remnants of the Craft Halls, currently: Healer, Smith, Harper, Mine, and Fisher.

Date Apprenticed: yyyy/Age. When they were taken into the Craft Hall. No one younger than 12 without permission.

Date Tapped: yyyy/Age. No one younger than 19. Remove if not applicable.

Mastership: yyyy/age. Remove if not applicable.

Specialty: An area they excel in.

Education Details: A general idea of how they took to their studies, what kind of student they were, and how they applied themselves. A paragraph or so.

Tell us a story...

* year, age Event

* year, age Event

* year, age Event

* year, age Event

* year, age Event

Member Info...

Created By:
Other Characters:
List, please.
Inactivity Preference:
Mauling Permissions:
Anything Else:
Any notes or comments you’d like to make. If you would like your character listed as nonbinary, please note it here.

Weyrfolk / Drudge / Holder
For the working class and the everyday hero. Everyone currently lives in Southern Winds. It's a cramped condition, but it's the only safe haven at present. Anyone can apply for a weyrfolk ( who can eventually become a Rider, should you wish it, Candidate, or crafter ). This is the basis for the weyr and people are usually being pulled to do whatever work they can. These people will play a key part in the Construction Event and establishing First Hold on Southern Winds.
Sample Characters
Cenadae – Holder, Tianaice - Weyrfolk

[center]Play By:
Full first name.
Whatever you like.
[b]Weyrmate or Spouse:[/b]

[b]Father:[/b] Rank, birthdate, deathdate if applicable.  If he was a dragon rider, we need to know the turn he Impressed and the name of his dragon.

[b]Siblings:[/b] Name, rank, birthdate, deathdate if applicable. If any were dragon riders, we need to know the turn they Impressed and the name of their dragons.

[b]Children:[/b] Drudges, Holders, and Weyrfolk very rarely have an opportunity to Between when pregnant. If they come from a traditional family, they'll be married off between 12-16 and should have a child around that time. If they just end up sleeping around the Weyr, the risk they'll have a child is still rather great though they may not be involved in its life. [/apprefl]

* [i]year, age[/i] Event

* [i]year, age[/i] Event

* [i]year, age[/i] Event

* [i]year, age[/i] Event

* [i]year, age[/i] Event

List, please.
[appcred]

Spoiler for Weyrfolk / Drudge / Holder Profile:

Play By:
NAME YOUR FACE CLAIM
Biography

First Name:
Full first name.
Nicknames:
Whatever you like.
Date of Birth:
Place of Birth:
Weyrmate or Spouse:
If there is one.

Your Reflection...

Who are you...

Describe Yourself:

Family...

Father: Rank, birthdate, deathdate if applicable.  If he was a dragon rider, we need to know the turn he Impressed and the name of his dragon.

Siblings: Name, rank, birthdate, deathdate if applicable. If any were dragon riders, we need to know the turn they Impressed and the name of their dragons.

Children: Drudges, Holders, and Weyrfolk very rarely have an opportunity to Between when pregnant. If they come from a traditional family, they'll be married off between 12-16 and should have a child around that time. If they just end up sleeping around the Weyr, the risk they'll have a child is still rather great though they may not be involved in its life.

Tell us a story...

* year, age Event

* year, age Event

* year, age Event

* year, age Event

* year, age Event

Member Info...

Created By:
Other Characters:
List, please.
Inactivity Preference:
Mauling Permissions:
Anything Else:

« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 12:02:25 AM by Southern Records »
This is the admin account for Southern Winds Weyr. All records, notes, and items of import come from here.

SWW Staff

Offline Southern Records

• Admin Account
  • Dispersing Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: Character Templates
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 01:01:51 AM »
Dragon
For the flying beasties.
[center][b]Image Credit:[/b]
[url=]Link to line art.[/url][/center]
[apptitle]Dragon Details[/apptitle]
[appbio][b]Name:[/b]
Should end in -th. No play on words.
[b]Color:[/b]
Gold, Black, Bronze, Brown, Blue, Green, Red.
[b]Clutch Mother:[/b]
Listed in records. If there isn’t one, you can be creative. Should be a Gold.
[b]Clutch Father:[/b]
Listed in the records. If there isn’t one, you can be creative. Usually a Bronze.
[b]Measurements:[/b] [url=http://southernwindsweyr.net/index.php?topic=21]Listed in the dragon information.[/url]
Mature [i]Length[/i]: Between the acceptable ranges for their color.
Mature [i]Height[/i]: Length / 5 on average; between acceptable ranges.
Mature [i]Wingspan[/i]: Length * 1.66 on average; between acceptable ranges.[/appbio]
[apptitle]General Appearance...[/apptitle]
[apprefl]From a gangly dragonet to a mature, fully flying bonded, share what they look like. Some of their colors might have changed, some might have grown from awkwardly proportioned dragonets. Let us know what your dragon looks like from hatching to present. [/apprefl]
[apptitle]Personality...[/apptitle]
[apprefl][b]Mind Voice:[/b] What does it sound like? Doesn’t have to be really detailed.

[b]Likes:[/b] List of 2-3 likes here

[b]Dislikes:[/b] List of 2-3 dislikes here

[b]Strengths:[/b] 2+ (list form and please give at least a bit of explanation to each)

[b]Weaknesses:[/b] 2+ (list form and please give at least a bit of explanation to each)

[b]Dragon Speech Code:[/b] [color=#yourvalue][bgcolor=#yourvalue]This is what your dragon's voice will look like.[/bgcolor][/color] Background: #HEX code; Text: #HEX code[/apprefl]

[appbio][b]Anything Else:[/b]
If your dragon is female, please include the dates that she has Flights -- or will when she's mature, if she's still a weyrling. Also please note whether or not she will be a force catch. Information on Flights can be found [url=http://southernwindsweyr.net/index.php?topic=44.0]here[/url].

Any notes or comments you’d like to make. [/appbio]
[appcred]

Spoiler for Dragon Profile Preview:

Image Credit:
Link to line art.
Dragon Details

Name:
Should end in -th. No play on words.
Color:
Gold, Black, Bronze, Brown, Blue, Green, Red.
Date of Birth:
Place of Birth:
Clutch Mother:
Listed in records. If there isn’t one, you can be creative. Should be a Gold.
Clutch Father:
Listed in the records. If there isn’t one, you can be creative. Usually a Bronze.
Measurements: Listed in the dragon information.
Mature Length: Between the acceptable ranges for their color.
Mature Height: Length / 5 on average; between acceptable ranges.
Mature Wingspan: Length * 1.66 on average; between acceptable ranges.

General Appearance...

From a gangly dragonet to a mature, fully flying bonded, share what they look like. Some of their colors might have changed, some might have grown from awkwardly proportioned dragonets. Let us know what your dragon looks like from hatching to present.

Personality...

Mind Voice: What does it sound like? Doesn’t have to be really detailed.

Dislikes: List of 2-3 dislikes here

Strengths: 2+ (list form and please give at least a bit of explanation to each)

Weaknesses: 2+ (list form and please give at least a bit of explanation to each)

Dragon Speech Code: [color=#yourvalue]This is what your dragon's voice will look like.[/color] Background: #HEX code; Text: #HEX code

Member Info...

Anything Else:
If your dragon is female, please include the dates that she has Flights -- or will when she's mature, if she's still a weyrling. Also please note whether or not she will be a force catch. Information on Flights can be found here.

Any notes or comments you’d like to make.

Watch Wher
For the working Wher.
[apptitle]Wher Details[/apptitle]
Should end in -sk. No play on words.
[b]Pronounced:[/b]
How you'd say it.
[b]Wher Color:[/b]
Gold, Bronze, Brown, Blue, Green.
[b]Egg Description:[/b]
Watch-wher eggs are smaller than dragon eggs.  They are also wrinkled, rather than smooth.  Occasionally, an egg will have a ringlike fold around one end.
[b]Measurements:[/b] Listed in the wher information.
Mature [i]Length[/i]:
Mature [i]Height[/i]:
 [/appbio]
[apprefl]From a wrinkly hatchling to a mature, fully muscled bonded, share what they look like. Some of their colors might have changed, some might have grown from awkwardly proportioned hatchlings. Let us know what your wher looks like from hatching to present. [/apprefl]
[apprefl][b]Empathetic:[/b] Watch-whers are more empathic than telepathic, but they can still communicate telepathically with images.  The only time they "speak" is when they communicate their names with their handlers, and even then it's somewhat less clear than when dragons speak telepathically, and some handlers may think the name is their own idea.

[b]Strengths:[/b] 2+ (list form and please give at least a bit of explanation to each)

[b]Weaknesses:[/b] 2+ (list form and please give at least a bit of explanation to each)

[/apprefl]

If your wher is female, please include the dates that she has Runs -- or will when she's mature, if she's still young. Also please note whether or not she will be a force catch. Information on Runs can be found [url=http://southernwindsweyr.net/index.php?topic=44.0]here[/url].

[appcred]

Spoiler for Wher Preview:

Image Credit:
Link to line art.
Wher Details

Name:
Should end in -sk. No play on words.
Pronounced:
How you'd say it.
Date of Birth:
Place of Birth:
Wher Color:
Egg Description:
Watch-wher eggs are smaller than dragon eggs.  They are also wrinkled, rather than smooth.  Occasionally, an egg will have a ringlike fold around one end.
Measurements: Listed in the wher information.
Mature Length:
Mature Height:

General Appearance...

From a wrinkly hatchling to a mature, fully muscled bonded, share what they look like. Some of their colors might have changed, some might have grown from awkwardly proportioned hatchlings. Let us know what your wher looks like from hatching to present.

Personality...

Empathetic: Watch-whers are more empathic than telepathic, but they can still communicate telepathically with images.  The only time they "speak" is when they communicate their names with their handlers, and even then it's somewhat less clear than when dragons speak telepathically, and some handlers may think the name is their own idea.

Strengths: 2+ (list form and please give at least a bit of explanation to each)

Weaknesses: 2+ (list form and please give at least a bit of explanation to each)

Member Info...

Anything Else:
If your wher is female, please include the dates that she has Runs -- or will when she's mature, if she's still young. Also please note whether or not she will be a force catch. Information on Runs can be found here.

Fire Lizard
They’re like tiny dragons. Anyone can have a fire lizard. These little flits are rather prominent on the island and are quick to bond to those who spare them food during this rough time on Pern. That being said, you can have up to 4 fire Lizards per character and only 1 Gold per mini-fair. Fire Lizard clutches happen frequently and aren't in any sort of high demand, seeing as how they don't really have anywhere else to be on Pern. As such, there are no clutch records for Fire Lizards just as there are no mutations of them.
[apptitle]Flit Details[/apptitle]
Anything you like.
[b]Pronounced:[/b]
How you'd say it.
[b]Color:[/b]
Which Hold or Weyr. Check history for Fall dates for specific places during the 9th Pass.[/appbio]
[apprefl]Flits are small from the beginning, but they do grow a bit. Tell us about yours. Any special markings? [/apprefl]
[apprefl][b]Mind Voice:[/b] Flits to not talk, but they can be made to parrot an important word or phrase. Use this to describe how they might otherwise communicate with their bonded with emotion or pictures, if they do at all.

[/apprefl]

If your flit is female, please include the dates that she has Flights -- or will when she's mature, if she's still young. Also please note whether or not she will be a force catch. Information on Flights can be found [url=http://southernwindsweyr.net/index.php?topic=44.0]here[/url].

[appcred]

Spoiler for Fire Lizard Preview:

Image Credit:
Link to line art.
Flit Details

Name:
Anything you like.
Pronounced:
How you'd say it.
Color:
Date of Birth:
Place of Birth:

General Appearance...

Flits are small from the beginning, but they do grow a bit. Tell us about yours. Any special markings?

Personality...

Mind Voice: Flits to not talk, but they can be made to parrot an important word or phrase. Use this to describe how they might otherwise communicate with their bonded with emotion or pictures, if they do at all.

Member Info...

Anything Else:
If your flit is female, please include the dates that she has Flights -- or will when she's mature, if she's still young. Also please note whether or not she will be a force catch. Information on Flights can be found here.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 08:44:18 PM by Southern Records »

SWW Staff

OOC Recent

[February 22, 2017, 09:28:15 PM]

[February 22, 2017, 08:25:55 PM]

by Pony
[February 22, 2017, 07:28:40 PM]

[February 22, 2017, 05:45:29 PM]

by Red
[February 22, 2017, 05:34:08 PM]

by Wren
[February 22, 2017, 01:35:44 PM]